Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-13-2006, 10:47 AM   #1001
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
I don't. I saw the man with my own two eyes turning Chubby into what he has become, a freakin spawn. Hoops knows what he is doing. He did the same thing to someone the night before.
Yes, but what you saw was at night, when, if hoops is unaware, he'd know he was spawn. So he knows what he is doing as spawn at night, when chubby got infected.

-Talgian
Talgian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 10:48 AM   #1002
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
I don't. I saw the man with my own two eyes turning Chubby into what he has become, a freakin spawn. Hoops knows what he is doing. He did the same thing to someone the night before.

But you saw him do that at night. At night you can see him as a Spawn. During the day, he will appear as a regular survivor. That is why he is so comfortable with us empath-testing his statement.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 10:49 AM   #1003
SnDvls
Pro Starter

OK I think we send chubby on a mission first, can't get infected twice right?
then have him examined by bullet and cleaned up ect.

hoops - the duplicant role is gone it was a one time use
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 10:49 AM   #1004
hoopsguy
General Manager

Early votes, as of Post #1000:

Hoops - Dubb (950), KWhit (987), Alan T (993)

When I'm exonerated, I plan on taking a hard look at these guys. If I'm exonerated in death, I would recommend that you guys take this approach.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 10:50 AM   #1005
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
But you saw him do that at night. At night you can see him as a Spawn. During the day, he will appear as a regular survivor. That is why he is so comfortable with us empath-testing his statement.
Which is why we empath test dubb's statement. Unless dubb is unaware, but if he was, then he wouldn't put out this story about hoops, so we can assume if dubb is a spawn, he's aware.

-Talgian
Old 07-13-2006, 10:51 AM   #1006
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
This is what I believe Hoops to be. No inside knowledge, but it makes sense.

Unaware Spawn During the day, is unaware of being a Spawn (and may not communicate with other Spawn), but will not seem to be a Spawn when tested by other players. At night, assumes normal Spawn powers.

good catch K

I've played this role too in past games. I knew I'd come up clean so I challenged to be scanned to get a 1-1 good guy lynched and allow for one more day of actions.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:51 AM   #1007
hoopsguy
General Manager

SnDvls, I know that spawn can sabotage an away mission, not sure of the impact of spawnlings. I'll pull up the rules to look at this, but I would make sure we understand the potential impact there before sending Chubby out.

Since Talgian says that Chubby was in his trust and he knows he is infected, I'm pretty inclined to believe that part of Dubb's story.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:53 AM   #1008
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

awaiting arrival of empath. do my statement. any of them.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 10:53 AM   #1009
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Barkeep, can you clarify what evolved spawn means? Does that include spawnlings?

-Talgian
Old 07-13-2006, 10:54 AM   #1010
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
SnDvls, I know that spawn can sabotage an away mission, not sure of the impact of spawnlings. I'll pull up the rules to look at this, but I would make sure we understand the potential impact there before sending Chubby out.

Since Talgian says that Chubby was in his trust and he knows he is infected, I'm pretty inclined to believe that part of Dubb's story.

rules say a spawnling isn't a full spawn and only spawns can effect a mission thus it would be okay.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:54 AM   #1011
hoopsguy
General Manager

You guys are helping concoct a pretty nice trap for me here.

1.) I can't be cleared by the doctor because I'll kill him
2.) I can't be cleared by the empath because I'll fool him

If there is some way for the Overlord to plant evidence, mess with minds, or anything along these lines and Dubb empath statement comes up "True" then I'm a goner even though in that scenario we could both be playing the game as survivors in the best way we know how.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:55 AM   #1012
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talgian
Which is why we empath test dubb's statement. Unless dubb is unaware, but if he was, then he wouldn't put out this story about hoops, so we can assume if dubb is a spawn, he's aware.

-Talgian

I'm inclined to trust Dubb. No need to empath him. That would be a waste at this point, IMO. The empath only gets 2 chances in the game to use his power.

And then the empath has to come out and reveal himself to be of any use, making him a prime target for a conversion or attack.

I think this is so cut and dried that there is no need to test Dubb. Let's just lynch Hoops and when he's shown to be a spawn, we know that Dubb is clean.

If Hoops is lynched and proven to be a normal survivor, then we lynch Dubb. But I really really doubt that will happen at this point.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:56 AM   #1013
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

If there is some way for the Overlord to plant evidence, mess with minds, or anything along these lines and Dubb empath statement comes up "True" then I'm a goner even though in that scenario we could both be playing the game as survivors in the best way we know how.

I don't think that having the empath check Dubb's statement in #1000 is a trap for you in any way. That's a pretty clear statement to test.

Unless you're saying that the Overlord can screw up the empaths view. Which doesn't make sense to me.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:56 AM   #1014
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

KWhit, why do you think hoops is unaware?

-Talgian
Old 07-13-2006, 10:57 AM   #1015
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

The problem is, my power wasn't really a power at all. I didn't look through a crystal ball, seek advice from gods, or sacrifice yaks to find out that you are a spawn. I simply followed you and watched you help turn Chubby into a spawnling. Unless the Overlord is David Blaine there is absolutely no way we are both survivors.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:57 AM   #1016
KWhit
Coordinator

Seriously, the evidence against Hoops is overwelming at this point.

Dubb says he's a spawn and Chubby is a spawnling.
Talgian says that Chubby is a spawnling (giving indirect credence to Dubb's story).
Hoops was exhausted on day 1 with a very shaky explanation.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:58 AM   #1017
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

KWhit, you're mightily opposed to the only safe method we have of figuring out who is guilty here. Mightily.

-Talgian
Old 07-13-2006, 10:59 AM   #1018
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Seriously, the evidence against Hoops is overwelming at this point.

Dubb says he's a spawn and Chubby is a spawnling.
Talgian says that Chubby is a spawnling (giving indirect credence to Dubb's story).
Hoops was exhausted on day 1 with a very shaky explanation.

I can't disagree with this.

VOTE HOOPS
Old 07-13-2006, 10:59 AM   #1019
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
KWhit, why do you think hoops is unaware?

-Talgian

Because he keeps asking us to empath his statement about not being a spawn. An unaware spawn would be okay if checked because during the day - the time that he said that statement - he believes he is not a spawn.

Therefore the empath would see the statement as being true - exonerating him.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:00 AM   #1020
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
KWhit, you're mightily opposed to the only safe method we have of figuring out who is guilty here. Mightily.

-Talgian

Because it is a waste. And puts our empath at risk unneccesarily.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:00 AM   #1021
hoopsguy
General Manager

KWhit, I understand why this scenario would be appealing to you. But as the person who is proposed as the one-for-one trade here I hope you understand why I'm less than enthused about being lynched today. If you flip the order (Dubb 1st) then I strongly suspect that he will show up spawn and we don't need to revisit this tomorrow. Heck, if that happens I'll ask Barkeep to just let you guys process the day ASAP (unanimous vote for me) and see if we can move the game along another day. Not sure that is feasible with the amount of night actions, but ...

I remain very concerned about why the spawn would take a one-for-one swap this early in the game.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:00 AM   #1022
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:

-Talgian

Also, the empath could be a spawn.

Empathic May PM the GM to verify truth of one complete sentence said by another person in the public thread, as understood by the person who made the statement. The GM will respond with either "True, False, or Unknown" based on the GM's understanding of the statement. This may be used twice per game. There is a chance that a person will keep this ability if they become Spawn.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:01 AM   #1023
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

vote Hoops

As I lay here bleeding and telling jokes, I still find it very hard to refute the information coming. I may be a little light headed, but I'm still pretty sure there's a lot of doubt on hoops...plus if I were a spawn (which I'm not)...getting a crafty vet is the way to go.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 11:02 AM   #1024
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
I remain very concerned about why the spawn would take a one-for-one swap this early in the game.

Same here. I don't think they are making a one-for-one. I think you were caught with your hand in the cookie jar.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:02 AM   #1025
SnDvls
Pro Starter

so can I plan a mission w/ chubby then?
Old 07-13-2006, 11:03 AM   #1026
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm asking for the empath to look at me because we agreed that the doctor shouldn't. I would strongly prefer you pick one of those people to view me, because I'm 100% sure of my role while ninety-something that Dubb is lying.

I don't know what the Overlord can do, but if you had asked me before yesterday I would have said it is more likely he can give false visions than he can:
1.) wound 3 people
2.) damage 4 rooms
3.) somehow hobble SnDvls
all in the same Day cycle.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:03 AM   #1027
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls
I think it's safe by the RAW, but I'm not the DM.

-Talgian
Old 07-13-2006, 11:04 AM   #1028
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls

Hold off one second on the planning of it. You can start to decide on the members, but I have a request for the 1st away mission of the day.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:05 AM   #1029
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
I'm asking for the empath to look at me because we agreed that the doctor shouldn't. I would strongly prefer you pick one of those people to view me, because I'm 100% sure of my role while ninety-something that Dubb is lying.
If you're that sure, then you'd strongly prefer we empath scan dubb.

-Talgian
Old 07-13-2006, 11:05 AM   #1030
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Hold off one second on the planning of it. You can start to decide on the members, but I have a request for the 1st away mission of the day.
Yesterday we waited a long time to get ready for away missions and it cost us. If you have some plan, please tell sndvls so we can actually get something done today.

-Talgian
Old 07-13-2006, 11:06 AM   #1031
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Yesterday we waited a long time to get ready for away missions and it cost us. If you have some plan, please tell sndvls so we can actually get something done today.

-Talgian

Agreed. Post coming.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:07 AM   #1032
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm honestly not sure how I'm supposed to argue here if you are not going to try and clear me or Dubb today with a doctor or an empath.

We didn't have a vote on Day 1 and we lynched a Survivor on Day 2. Right now we are headed towards lynching another Survivor on Day 3.

I'm not planning to pout like Blade did yesterday and say I'm rooting for the spawn or something stupid like that. But I'm pretty frustrated that there are people out there with the ability to validate me and we are choosing not to use them. And I'm pretty frustrated that the person who is accusing me gets to skate for another day.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:08 AM   #1033
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I need some medical help at some point...that'd be nice.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 11:08 AM   #1034
KWhit
Coordinator

I have an important announcement:

Yesterday's attack on our ship was troubling indeed. I believe that we all suspect that the Spawn Overlord was behind it. The power and ferocity of the attack worries me and I feel that we must do something about it. To that end:

I received a warning from an Admiral detailing a horrible story about a secret mission to destroy the Spawn. Before we arrived on this planet, a ship named the Wig was sent on a search and destroy mission. It went well at first until they encountered the Spawn leader. They decided to engage it and were never heard from again.

The Admiral speculated that this Spawn leader - the Overlord - will keep us from leaving the planet until we have dealt with him. The Admiral also believes that in order to destroy the Overlord, we must find the Wig.

Therefore, the first of today's away missions must be an exploration mission to find the Wig. Sndvls, I request that you immediately begin the preparations. This is of supreme importance.

Be careful out there.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:08 AM   #1035
hoopsguy
General Manager

Talgian - have the empath scan Dubb. I would prefer it is me, but I'm more than fine with it being Dubb as well. Based on the statements he has put out there, I don't see a whole lot of room for interpretation.

What I'm not fine with is just being written off as a casualty of war, along with the "oops, sorry about that Hoops" posts five minutes after the deadline when we had a full day cycle to do something about it.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:16 AM   #1036
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Talgian - have the empath scan Dubb. I would prefer it is me, but I'm more than fine with it being Dubb as well. Based on the statements he has put out there, I don't see a whole lot of room for interpretation.

What I'm not fine with is just being written off as a casualty of war, along with the "oops, sorry about that Hoops" posts five minutes after the deadline when we had a full day cycle to do something about it.

Despite the evidence against you, you are more than willing to have the empath identify himself, as well as waste a scan in the process. Spawn to the very core.

If we must insist on doing an empath scan, make it post 1000. I tried to fit as much into one sentence as I possibly could.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:19 AM   #1037
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
The Admiral speculated that this Spawn leader - the Overlord - will keep us from leaving the planet until we have dealt with him. The Admiral also believes that in order to destroy the Overlord, we must find the Wig.
I hate to break RP here, but there is absolutely nothing in the rules about the overlord preventing us from leaving. In fact, there is every indication that the second you say we're lifting off, if we have enough crystal and an engine, we do. I want to know why you think it's best to delay us, especially after the disaster that was yesterday.

-Talgian
Old 07-13-2006, 11:20 AM   #1038
hoopsguy
General Manager

Dubb, what would you suggest I do to argue my innocence, if not ask for the doctor or the empath to review my statements or yours? I'm willing to listen to reasonable suggestions.

Self-interest, combined with trying to keep the crew from executing another survivor (me), is a long way from spawn to the very core.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:21 AM   #1039
hoopsguy
General Manager

Talgian, couple that with the Captain trying to just execute me without anything beyond Dubb's statement, and his rapid vote on me.

Can anyone give the liftoff order besides the Captain?
Old 07-13-2006, 11:22 AM   #1040
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Frankly, the only thing that separates Dubb and Hoops is that hoops chose to stay awake for whatever reason on Night 1. While that is strange, it's not so strange as to make him spawn. There's really no way to be sure unless the empath scans dubb, which dubb is most oppposed to.

-Talgian
Old 07-13-2006, 11:23 AM   #1041
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Can anyone give the liftoff order besides the Captain?
No.

-Talgian
Old 07-13-2006, 11:23 AM   #1042
Swaggs
Coordinator

Time for me to catch up.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 11:24 AM   #1043
kingfc22
Head Coach

Okay. I have to go to work but here is my info for last night.

I wanted to spy on Dubb since he seemed a little suspect. I watched him stand in front of the Security HQ for most of the night. However, he did leave his post during the night to enter the sleeping quarters. A few minutes later I saw him scurry back to his post.

Be back an hour or so before the deadline.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:26 AM   #1044
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Really, the smartest course of action to me is to send the first away team to get crystal. If we have enough, then we try to lift-off. If we can't, then we go find the wig or whatever.

-Talgian
Old 07-13-2006, 11:29 AM   #1045
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Really, the smartest course of action to me is to send the first away team to get crystal. If we have enough, then we try to lift-off. If we can't, then we go find the wig or whatever.

-Talgian

Not a bad idea, but I'm afraid we'll be Overlord attacked soon. I hope I'm wrong, but based on yesterday, that Overlord is one mean SOB.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:32 AM   #1046
hoopsguy
General Manager

King, can I safely assume that I did not make an appearance during your night activities while spying on Dubb?
Old 07-13-2006, 11:33 AM   #1047
KWhit
Coordinator

The thing you guys are forgetting is that Dubb came out and said that Hoops is a Spawn and Chubby is a Spawnling. Talgian then came out and said he also knows that Chubby is a spawnling.

So Talgian, how can you be doubting Dubbs???
Old 07-13-2006, 11:34 AM   #1048
hoopsguy
General Manager

This now makes a little more sense to me - Dubb is not trying to get a one-for-one, he is trying to escape from the noose after knowing he was spied on last night.

1.) He went into the sleeping quarters to convert Chubby (with or without help?)
2.) He learned that he was spied upon (but not knowing by who?)
3.) He decided to go on the offensive right away, picking me because I was exhausted to start off Day 2

He gets the doctor to scan Chubby, who is infected, and it backs his story. He gets me lynched, which is decidedly pro-spawn, and gets to live another day after being busted. He is lynched tomorrow, but gets me killed and another shot to convert tonight.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:35 AM   #1049
KWhit
Coordinator

We have two guys stating they know Chubby is a Spawnling. I tend to think that they are both telling the truth and are therefore good guys.

One of them also claims Hoops is a Spawn. Seems pretty cut and dried to me. But if the empath wants to check Dubb's statement, do it. Do NOT check Hoops's statement because I believe he may be the Unaware Spawn.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:35 AM   #1050
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Not a bad idea, but I'm afraid we'll be Overlord attacked soon. I hope I'm wrong, but based on yesterday, that Overlord is one mean SOB.
If the overlord could do what he did yesterday everyday, why didn't he do it day 1?
We should get ready to leave. All we are doing is delaying. A lot.

-Talgian