Old 02-13-2006, 02:52 PM   #1001
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
9. tanglewood
10. Schmidty
21. bearcat729

People who have hardly been heard from. Unless there's a pressing need to ensure a tie break or some real evidence comes forward, I think my vote will go to one of these three.

Of those three, bearcat has 13 posts, schmidty 10 posts, tanglewood only 7. Some of tanglewood's posts were about him missing the deadline as well, which comes off a little suspicious, but could just be an honest mistake. I havent heard much from him since that missed deadline other than coming in to ask who was highly distrusted.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 02:53 PM   #1002
spleen1015
Coordinator

Does anyone know tabglewood's WW history?
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 02:56 PM   #1003
spleen1015
Coordinator

Okay guys. I am outta here.

I will check back late tonight.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 02:57 PM   #1004
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015
Does anyone know tabglewood's WW history?

He's generally fairly quiet if my impresssion from the last game carries over. He lives in England, so the deadline occurs at something like 4 AM for him.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 03:01 PM   #1005
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
He's generally fairly quiet if my impresssion from the last game carries over. He lives in England, so the deadline occurs at something like 4 AM for him.

no excuse!! WW is a 24/7 game!! j/k
Old 02-13-2006, 03:03 PM   #1006
Desnudo
Coordinator

Well it actually isn't. For example it's probably around 9 PM there right now. Not saying you should dedicate your life to the game like Blade, but at least put in a cameo now and then.
Old 02-13-2006, 03:04 PM   #1007
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

My head hurts from reading all this. I'm not sure who to vote for, but right now I know I don't trust Blade. The only other time I played a werewolf game someone came along and pretended to be a seer and everyone just believed them. In the end it got me killed so the fact that Blade came out with a bizarre claim like the role he seems to have instantly reminded me of that last game. I'm willing to give him the benefit of doubt for today though. I'm also weary of the small group of 3 because it doesn't make sense to me to ally myself with anyone in these games. Perhaps it's inexperience but if one of the people I call an ally in the game were to be shown as a wolf I would look guilty by association and it doesn't seem to be a good idea. I'm not sold on voting for Raiders Army or Alan T just yet because I haven't seen any reason to vote for them.

In the end I'm still where I was yesterday. I have no idea who to vote for yet, but I lean towards Blade simply because of the other werewolf game I played.
Bearcat729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 03:26 PM   #1008
hoopsguy
General Manager

Bearcat, I would meet you halfway on the idea of trust. I think it is critical to establish people who you do trust, but I don't think that trust should be easily given. But when the "villagers" are able to start collecting a group of voices that they know are not trying to manipulate them (even if they are not correct at that moment) it makes it much easier to focus on the other players. It puts additional pressure on the "wolves" because they have to exert energies shaking the trust or else trying to placate the trusted group without the benefit of facts.

But if you pick the wrong people to trust you are in a world of hurt, because it generally takes a long time to realize the mistake.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 03:34 PM   #1009
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

Well I've got to leave for work. I should be back in plenty of time to cast an actual vote. Perhaps there will be another 5 pages of information to base my vote on.
Bearcat729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 03:34 PM   #1010
KWhit
Coordinator

There probably will be.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 03:38 PM   #1011
hoopsguy
General Manager

VOTE ALAN T

I believe the race is tied at 2 for Alan, Raiders, and Pennywise before my vote. I don't want to see either of the other two lynched today.

Alan, up to this point in the game I've seen you as someone who is an active participant in the conversation, but not taking risks. This isn't some kind of mandate to play a style you aren't comfortable playing, but I have seen many people play a wolf in this fashion before. It is very comfortable to do that when you know that the villagers are not headed in the right direction. It is considerably less comfortable to do when the villagers start to move down the right path.

I would like to believe that we are on the same side this game but after about 1,000 posts I'm not there yet. But I'm definitely interested in how you respond. And how the rest of the vote plays out.
Old 02-13-2006, 03:38 PM   #1012
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
For what it is worth, I am not sure whether or not Blade is a survivor or other, but I feel like he is lying about his role.

He has the ability to see night actions (maybe someone slipped him a note?).

He has the ability to kill up to two others if they try to attack him, but would die a simple death if lynched. I don't buy this. I do not see any possible way that you would reveal this or be so accusatory in the early game. If I had this power, I would be quiet and lay low, hoping that the others would try to pick me off. Also, I watch Lost and I do not feel like these powers, beyond observational and, perhaps, being able to tell whether one of us is good/evil, fits into the "character" of the Black Smoke on the show. There is also no indication that the Black Smoke is something that can even be attacked. Someone like Sawyer or Locke seem more likely to be able to counter-attack, in my opinion.

And he has some other knowledge about AlanT?

This just seems like too powerful of a character to me.
Far off to be honest...i have no witness/seer powers, i have no outside knowldge of alant...if you really think I of all people would lay low your kidding yourself.

I hinted as bluntly as i could at it, but since you guys cant seem to connect the dots:

I am the black smoke/security system...everything i have told you about my role is true...this was just ommitted:

I HAD THE POWER OF ASSASINATION...IT WAS ME WHO TARGETED MCKERNEY AFTER BACKING OFF KING AT THE LAST SECOND...i do have the power to repel night attacks(to some extent, as i stated earlier in the 80/20). Im not a witness, i was the one trying to kill him. hence why i know exactly what happened. im not a seer...im merely an assasin who is built to live. I thought celeval and hoops picked up on this earlier, but they never said anything(if they did and were just being respectful to my wishes i thank you).

As for alan, heres a broad analogy since desnudo was talking about skipping rocks in a lake:
Swimming in the summer is nice, warm, fun...if you come back another summer, its basically the same...

Swimming in the winter is harder, more challenging(maybe even icy), but every winter its going to be pretty much the same...

Meaning a person usually plays the same style as a villager(summer) every time, and usually plays the same way as a wolf(winter)

His game so far, albiet not attached to me, has been quite similar the last time he was a wolf.
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 03:44 PM   #1013
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Well it actually isn't. For example it's probably around 9 PM there right now. Not saying you should dedicate your life to the game like Blade, but at least put in a cameo now and then.
You know, its derogratory comments like that which remind me why i want to take a break from WW...too many asses
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 02-13-2006, 03:45 PM   #1014
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
VOTE ALAN T

I believe the race is tied at 2 for Alan, Raiders, and Pennywise before my vote. I don't want to see either of the other two lynched today.

Alan, up to this point in the game I've seen you as someone who is an active participant in the conversation, but not taking risks. This isn't some kind of mandate to play a style you aren't comfortable playing, but I have seen many people play a wolf in this fashion before. It is very comfortable to do that when you know that the villagers are not headed in the right direction. It is considerably less comfortable to do when the villagers start to move down the right path.

I would like to believe that we are on the same side this game but after about 1,000 posts I'm not there yet. But I'm definitely interested in how you respond. And how the rest of the vote plays out.

I don't think i have not taken risks per say.. I think I was the main one pushing for penny to not be voted today when it seemed the bandwagon was rolling against him. That apparently has gotten me some disfavor with Blade who was the main one pushing that. I also both days have tried to come out with someone I thought was a higher suspicion to me, and put a vote on them. If I was into not taking risks, I would probably sit back and see what types of things get stirred up. I'm not trying to take risks on purpose or not take risks, I just have an invested interest in us trying to get more information out there and people taking sides per say through their actions so Day 3 does not look like Day 2 did at start.

I halfway think that my trying to get people to reconsider voting for penny without reason other than thats the "Safe thing" that everyone else is doing was partially to help you all expand your circle of trust. Like I said earlier by penny and Spleen vouching for you (or at least most of the way) its taken you down a bit on my suspicion meeter (even though you are voting for me, I just think that is misguided).
Old 02-13-2006, 03:50 PM   #1015
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
That apparently has gotten me some disfavor with Blade who was the main one pushing that.
In all honesty it has nothing to do with that...
Demotivation
Old 02-13-2006, 03:53 PM   #1016
hoopsguy
General Manager

Could very well be - I've been very misguided a couple of times in WW before and I'm sure I will be again. I think this is actually the first one we have played together, so it is entirely possible.

Whatever else you may think about the vote, there has been a good amount of consideration of it above and beyond wanting to follow a herd. If I had been voting at the time I woke up this morning strictly on who I thought was an other, without any voting pattern considerations, it would have been on you. But I've held off waiting for something that would reduce my state of anxiety around your play - it just hasn't happened yet. If you do end up a survivor then I'll be guilty of displacing my own thoughts on how I would play a wolf onto you because your actions/style have mapped out pretty closely to how I would operate.
Old 02-13-2006, 03:54 PM   #1017
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
Far off to be honest...i have no witness/seer powers, i have no outside knowldge of alant...if you really think I of all people would lay low your kidding yourself.

I hinted as bluntly as i could at it, but since you guys cant seem to connect the dots:

I am the black smoke/security system...everything i have told you about my role is true...this was just ommitted:

I HAD THE POWER OF ASSASINATION...IT WAS ME WHO TARGETED MCKERNEY AFTER BACKING OFF KING AT THE LAST SECOND...i do have the power to repel night attacks(to some extent, as i stated earlier in the 80/20). Im not a witness, i was the one trying to kill him. hence why i know exactly what happened. im not a seer...im merely an assasin who is built to live. I thought celeval and hoops picked up on this earlier, but they never said anything(if they did and were just being respectful to my wishes i thank you).

As for alan, heres a broad analogy since desnudo was talking about skipping rocks in a lake:
Swimming in the summer is nice, warm, fun...if you come back another summer, its basically the same...

Swimming in the winter is harder, more challenging(maybe even icy), but every winter its going to be pretty much the same...

Meaning a person usually plays the same style as a villager(summer) every time, and usually plays the same way as a wolf(winter)

His game so far, albiet not attached to me, has been quite similar the last time he was a wolf.

Fair enough defense, but I still do not believe that you have the ability to repel attacks and assasinate people. One or the other, I can buy.

I still stand by my opinion that your role description do not fit in with the "character" of the Black Smoke and will add that I believe other named Lost characters fit the descriptions that you have given better.

That said, I currently believe you are lying more for self preservation than on behalf of the others.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 03:55 PM   #1018
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
I think I was the main one pushing for penny to not be voted today when it seemed the bandwagon was rolling against him.

That's true and is what leads me to believe that Alan's okay for now - meaning he is above average on my "trust meter".

I wouldn't call him trustworthy yet, but there are better choices to vote for tonight, I think.

Maybe Tanglewood, Raiders, or for that matter Packerfan, Desmond, or Bearcat are better choices in my mind just because their neutral or average as far as trust/distrust in concerned.

In fact, I'm going to cast a preliminary vote on one of these guys. This is totally subject to change and I'll be checking in later. But for now:

Vote Desmond

He had a pile on vote on Mr Wednesday yesterday and has been very very quiet.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 03:56 PM   #1019
Desmond
Banned

Blade, if you're the "smoke", the security system so to speak, then what other role on the show would be the "seer"? The security system on the show can kill, it's true, but he also knows who to kill because he can tell who is good and who is not.

Again, maybe im just trying to correlate the show and the game together too much, but what other character on the show would fit in as the seer?
Desmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 03:57 PM   #1020
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmond
Blade, if you're the "smoke", the security system so to speak, then what other role on the show would be the "seer"? The security system on the show can kill, it's true, but he also knows who to kill because he can tell who is good and who is not.

Again, maybe im just trying to correlate the show and the game together too much, but what other character on the show would fit in as the seer?
I dont know the show, so i cant say...but people said walt and locke had mental powers supposedly...i dont know who is good and bad, outside of my normal WW sluething abilities...and right now they point alan. yesterday they told me mr. w was good, i said it repeatedly and no one listened...now im afraid its going to happen in reverse today
Demotivation
Old 02-13-2006, 03:59 PM   #1021
Desmond
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
That's true and is what leads me to believe that Alan's okay for now - meaning he is above average on my "trust meter".

I wouldn't call him trustworthy yet, but there are better choices to vote for tonight, I think.

Maybe Tanglewood, Raiders, or for that matter Packerfan, Desmond, or Bearcat are better choices in my mind just because their neutral or average as far as trust/distrust in concerned.

In fact, I'm going to cast a preliminary vote on one of these guys. This is totally subject to change and I'll be checking in later. But for now:

Vote Desmond

He had a pile on vote on Mr Wednesday yesterday and has been very very quiet.

I'd like to note that I was writing my previous post as this was being posted and that it's not in response to it. Actually I just got in a bit ago and have been trying like hell to catch up, a common refrain the past 2 days, lol.
Old 02-13-2006, 04:01 PM   #1022
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

I HAD THE POWER OF ASSASINATION...IT WAS ME WHO TARGETED MCKERNEY AFTER BACKING OFF KING AT THE LAST SECOND...i do have the power to repel night attacks(to some extent, as i stated earlier in the 80/20).

Did I miss the reason McKerney wasn't killed then if you targeted him?
Old 02-13-2006, 04:01 PM   #1023
hoopsguy
General Manager

If Blade and I are both still alive tomorrow I think this thread will break the WW records for most posts.
Old 02-13-2006, 04:01 PM   #1024
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
You know, its derogratory comments like that which remind me why i want to take a break from WW...too many asses

And yet you make a comment like too many asses and that's okay? If you've got a problem with something I say, at least have the balls to use my name. I meant it as a joke, you have 25% of the posts in this thread in a game of 21 peole. Don't take it so seriously.
Old 02-13-2006, 04:06 PM   #1025
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennywisesb
Did I miss the reason McKerney wasn't killed then if you targeted him?
As i stated at least 3 times, it was blocked...the PM i recieved said at first like "negative black smoke, that pattern in full...your attack did not succeed"...i inquired as to why, and he said something like "without giving details away, mckerney was protected"...thats as close to the PMs i can get paraphrasing.

i assumed he was either a wolf with an anti-assasin role, the bodyguard protected him, or he has that villager role that isnt afraid of the security system
Demotivation
Old 02-13-2006, 04:07 PM   #1026
Desmond
Banned

Well it's clear that you guys are Sawyer and Jack. J/K
Old 02-13-2006, 04:08 PM   #1027
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
And yet you make a comment like too many asses and that's okay? If you've got a problem with something I say, at least have the balls to use my name. I meant it as a joke, you have 25% of the posts in this thread in a game of 21 peole. Don't take it so seriously.
I figured by quoting your name i made it pretty clear. i havent minded any thing this game except that comment, and didnt think i needed to use your name when quoting your remark. Ill make sure to better single you out next time i complain you say something i take personal.

But hey, my ass comment was just a joke...dont take it so seriously
Demotivation
Old 02-13-2006, 04:09 PM   #1028
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
If Blade and I are both still alive tomorrow I think this thread will break the WW records for most posts.
ARDENT, DID PATH TURN DOWN THE RPI SPOT OR JUST NOT RESPOND?
Demotivation
Old 02-13-2006, 04:09 PM   #1029
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
I figured by quoting your name i made it pretty clear. i havent minded any thing this game except that comment, and didnt think i needed to use your name when quoting your remark. Ill make sure to better single you out next time i complain you say something i take personal.

But hey, my ass comment was just a joke...dont take it so seriously

I don't. Just in the future, try Desnudo, you're an ass, rather than implied insults.
Old 02-13-2006, 04:12 PM   #1030
Desmond
Banned

Did we ever settle on what role we thought Mr. W was with what he was trying to convey to us?
Old 02-13-2006, 04:14 PM   #1031
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

I'm having a hard time even thinking about voting for Alan T at this point. He was one of the only people sticking up for me at the beginning of the day.

Hoops, what is your evidence towards Alan T and Desmond compared to voting for say RA? RA hasn't really shown me a reason NOT to vote him at this point.
Old 02-13-2006, 04:17 PM   #1032
Celeval
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmond
Did we ever settle on what role we thought Mr. W was with what he was trying to convey to us?

Character - Charlie
Role - no.
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 04:17 PM   #1033
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Dola *desnudo, not desmond, my bad.
Old 02-13-2006, 04:37 PM   #1034
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'm on page 15 right now. Just got home from work. Bitch of a day.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 04:41 PM   #1035
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Bah! Knowing for sure that KWhit is a survivor, this vote bothers me. The only conclusion I draw is that you're an 'other'. If you weren't why would you vote for him? He's a good guy.
I survivor wouldn't know that KWhit is a survivor.

I'm on page 16.
Old 02-13-2006, 04:49 PM   #1036
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
I guess I don't understand if everyone seems to be going down the penny road of thought, why some of the rest of that group come off scott free right now. Its almost like Raiders is quietly sliding back into the shadows here and letting people run with it.
No, I'm not. I wasn't at my desk at work since I was out all day.

On page 17 now.
Old 02-13-2006, 04:51 PM   #1037
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Alan T is definately entering my circle of trust at this point because it seems he's one of the only ones who isn't being swayed by Blade's and Hoops "suspicions". These suspicions are definately hard for me to read as well, because it seems as though Blade knows for a fact that Hoops is a good guy, and if thats the case Blade would also be a good guy. So it would seem that in this case there are two good guys pushing for another good guy's lynch....Interesting.

I also think that RA is getting off scott-free here, especially if an "other" was involved in the King vote (which I'm not convinced is the case). But, if that is your line of thought, I think RA should be getting just as much scrutiny as I.
Screw off fellow Raiders fan! At least I put Raiders in my screen name.

Anyhow, I put the first vote on King and it was because he voted for me. Tell me again why I should get just as much scruntiny as you? On page 18. Yay.
Old 02-13-2006, 04:52 PM   #1038
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
After his last post, penny needs to be taken off of the suspect list.

I would like to see Raiders lynched today, folks. If you think a wolf voted for king, then Raiders is the only choice.
Not surprising at all that you say that.
Old 02-13-2006, 04:53 PM   #1039
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Can you please re-iterate why RA has a far better chance of being good? I just don't understand why RA is being let off the hook...
Cuz I'm better looking than you and have a bigger penis.
Old 02-13-2006, 04:53 PM   #1040
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
Not surprising at all that you say that.

Keep reading dude, some shit has hit the fan alittle bit. It will make more sense if you keep reading before posting.
Old 02-13-2006, 04:54 PM   #1041
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
I meant to say, Until someone else proves they deserve my vote or RA proves he doesn't deserve it, my vote stays there.

Sheesh. I have 14 thoughts running through my fingers at once.
Prove how I deserve it. Because I pointed out the lack of logic in your day 1 vote? Because I voted for you today? I guess that's how I received your vote.
Old 02-13-2006, 04:55 PM   #1042
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
ARDENT, DID PATH TURN DOWN THE RPI SPOT OR JUST NOT RESPOND?
Packerfanatic has assumed RPI's spot.
Old 02-13-2006, 04:57 PM   #1043
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
9. tanglewood
10. Schmidty
21. bearcat729

People who have hardly been heard from. Unless there's a pressing need to ensure a tie break or some real evidence comes forward, I think my vote will go to one of these three.

I haven'tbeen THAT inactive. When I have something to say, I say it.

As I said before, There's only been 1 vote. There's not a whole lot to go on, so I don't feel like going on a wild goose chase like in the WW before last.

When there's something for me to say in this particular game, you'll definitely hear from me, I promise.
Old 02-13-2006, 04:59 PM   #1044
hoopsguy
General Manager

Pennywise, I'll let Raiders defend himself here since he is in the thread. But my concerns on Alan T and Desnudo are as follows:

1.) Alan T: posts 1011 and 1016 cover them. Short version, when a wolf knows all the villagers, they can play the game in a way to try and generate favor by dissenting from votes on villagers. The lynch comes up, they were right to express concern for the winner, and try to accumulate trust. Alan T has been in the conversations, but not driving the conversations. If he is playing an other, I think I'm paying him a compliment. If he is a survivor then I'm doing a crappy job of reading him.

2.) Desnudo - throwaway vote on Day 1 that I just didn't quite get (it was on the same guy I voted for, so I'm not trying to light him up for voting for Mr W). Then was coupled by his declaration of "I always post late" when asked about it, despite evidence to the contrary from last game (posted extensively on this) to this claim. I'm not saying this makes him an other, but it did leave me edgy.

Another guy that has not really been part of the conversation up until now is Saldana. I'm not saying he is an other, but for an active player he has managed to stay very low profile.

I tend to enjoy playing with guys who mix it up in the thread and give me a lot of posts to work with for my analysis. As a result, I'm overly suspicious of people who are quiet because it makes my life harder. And I'm even more suspicious when people who I think are more on the chatty side most games are not chatty in the current game. Maybe they are sitting on a role they don't want to reveal, maybe they are others. But without conversation it is hard for me to figure that out.
Old 02-13-2006, 05:04 PM   #1045
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Pennywise, I'll let Raiders defend himself here since he is in the thread. But my concerns on Alan T and Desnudo are as follows:

1.) Alan T: posts 1011 and 1016 cover them. Short version, when a wolf knows all the villagers, they can play the game in a way to try and generate favor by dissenting from votes on villagers. The lynch comes up, they were right to express concern for the winner, and try to accumulate trust. Alan T has been in the conversations, but not driving the conversations. If he is playing an other, I think I'm paying him a compliment. If he is a survivor then I'm doing a crappy job of reading him.

2.) Desnudo - throwaway vote on Day 1 that I just didn't quite get (it was on the same guy I voted for, so I'm not trying to light him up for voting for Mr W). Then was coupled by his declaration of "I always post late" when asked about it, despite evidence to the contrary from last game (posted extensively on this) to this claim. I'm not saying this makes him an other, but it did leave me edgy.

Another guy that has not really been part of the conversation up until now is Saldana. I'm not saying he is an other, but for an active player he has managed to stay very low profile.

I tend to enjoy playing with guys who mix it up in the thread and give me a lot of posts to work with for my analysis. As a result, I'm overly suspicious of people who are quiet because it makes my life harder. And I'm even more suspicious when people who I think are more on the chatty side most games are not chatty in the current game. Maybe they are sitting on a role they don't want to reveal, maybe they are others. But without conversation it is hard for me to figure that out.

I like that analysis. I did mention it'd be a good play for Alan T to argue for me to be saved (or at least for people to reconsider their votes on me) because he knew it'd make me essentially an ally with him. I'm not sure those were his motives, but if they were, good play. I don't think I'm ready to vote to lynch him yet though.

Desnudo on the otherhand was alittle shady in the post you mentioned and I'll probably be giving some consideration to voting for him in tonights vote because of it.

I also agree with your Saldana observations as well. Usually he's a very active player, but I know he does work during the day and that it sometimes effects the amount of time he's actually available to be in the thread. It will be interesting to hear from him when he gets home from work tonight.
Old 02-13-2006, 05:05 PM   #1046
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
...I'm inclined to get rid of people who aren't contributing anything.

I never understand comments like this. When there isn't anything remotely concrete to go on in the early game, why should someone be expected to have diarreah of the keyboard and come up with crazy accusations with absolutely no evidence to "contribute"? Talking for talking sake accomplishes nothing more at this point than sitting back and watching. In every game I've been in, I've been like this. After a few nights, voting patterns, comments and behaviors are easier to identify and think on. That's when I usually pipe in more. I refuse to be a Blade type of player, since that's not my style.
Old 02-13-2006, 05:07 PM   #1047
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:

I am leaning toward voting for AlanT tonight, as well. He has used a lot of words and posts to say very little. Perhaps it is just his style in these games, but I like he is doing a good job of planting some seeds and then backing away.
Old 02-13-2006, 05:09 PM   #1048
Swaggs
Coordinator

Above post should say, "I feel like he is doing a good job..."
Old 02-13-2006, 05:13 PM   #1049
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:

Good points, even if they are a bit flimsy. I hate the early game. Unless someone, REALLY messes up, it's like shooting with a blindfold on.

Having said that, I have to vote for someone, so I'll go with a guy that pointed me out as not being active, even though I had posted like 10-11 times and I think knows very well that I'm always quiet early on.

Vote Desnudo
Old 02-13-2006, 05:18 PM   #1050
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Whew. Done. Well, this is an interesting situation.

UNVOTE SPLEEN

Need to think/discuss this further.