Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-11-2006, 09:59 PM   #1001
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts View Post
Looks like I am going to be the downfall of their entire faction. If we lose this one, at least I have that going for me.

It will make for a good story.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 09:59 PM   #1002
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Doing some quick research, it looks like the Order de la Reine is a company loyal to the queen.
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 10:00 PM   #1003
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Dubb, I am hurt by this. I am not killing them, they are voting for me and ending up dead.

While this may be the case, you are taking the facts and distorting them to your own view. Anxiety was #3 in the voting for a reason, you voted him.

They are not voting you and ending up dead for that very reason. You have had a hand in killing them, like it or not. Those are the facts, that says nothing for your village/musketeer status, it is just I don't like people trying to change the facts.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 10:01 PM   #1004
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik View Post
Doing some quick research, it looks like the Order de la Reine is a company loyal to the queen.

Any connection to the game title? The Lady of La Rochelle?
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 10:01 PM   #1005
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Fouts- I think I explained why I would be suspicous of you and I think it is perfectly understandable. I am not a member of any faction.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 10:01 PM   #1006
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Somebody please explain to me why I get the blame for this, and Lathum walks scot free.

I don't blame you for Anxiety's death. I don't see how you did anything to result in him getting the shaft from Lathum.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:04 PM   #1007
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
While this may be the case, you are taking the facts and distorting them to your own view. Anxiety was #3 in the voting for a reason, you voted him.

They are not voting you and ending up dead for that very reason. You have had a hand in killing them, like it or not. Those are the facts, that says nothing for your village/musketeer status, it is just I don't like people trying to change the facts.

To be fair, Anxiety was #3 because CW voted for him after Fouts voted for him. I can't say that 2 votes on someone would normally be thought of as a potential death sentence.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 10:04 PM   #1008
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I am not a member of any faction.

Well, it is a secret society. I wouldn't expect anyone to come out and say they were.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:04 PM   #1009
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Any connection to the game title? The Lady of La Rochelle?

Not that I saw. I think the Lady refers to the queen, but how that influences the game, I have no idea.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:04 PM   #1010
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:

Understood. Usually, we all present the facts from our own point of view.

I am the duke role. If people want to lynch me, knowing that, then go for it.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:05 PM   #1011
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

well the lady of la rochelle is that english lady that the king has the hots for right? so the queen's men are obviously anti-the english broad...
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 10:06 PM   #1012
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I don't blame you for Anxiety's death. I don't see how you did anything to result in him getting the shaft from Lathum.

Jonathan, I clearly stated that my ability defaults to the next available person as well as attempting to cast a vote that would have saved anxiety but the vote count was inaccurate. Please don't distort the facts to make it look like Anxieties death was my fault.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:10 PM   #1013
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Well, it is a secret society. I wouldn't expect anyone to come out and say they were.

true but there could be a soothsayer type role
Old 12-11-2006, 10:13 PM   #1014
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
well the lady of la rochelle is that english lady that the king has the hots for right? so the queen's men are obviously anti-the english broad...

What English lady? The only female mentioned is the Queen of France, Anne of Austria (who was really Spanish, but that's another story ). There is an Englishman, Buckingham, who is mentioned as finding the Queen rather fetching.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:14 PM   #1015
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Jonathan, I clearly stated that my ability defaults to the next available person as well as attempting to cast a vote that would have saved anxiety but the vote count was inaccurate. Please don't distort the facts to make it look like Anxieties death was my fault.

You're right. Sorry about that, Lathum. I didn't mean to imply that you were responsible for Anxiety's death, either.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:17 PM   #1016
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
What English lady? The only female mentioned is the Queen of France, Anne of Austria (who was really Spanish, but that's another story ). There is an Englishman, Buckingham, who is mentioned as finding the Queen rather fetching.

oooooh. did i get that backwards in my quick read of the setting two days ago? oops.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:18 PM   #1017
Tyrith
College Starter

First thing I take from this: dodging a duel is much less powerful than a normal duke, so I feel it's more possible for Lathum to be bad than Fouts, in and of itself.

Second, it would not surprise me that if Lathum were bad that one of his voters were bad.

Third, on the off chance that #2 is true, the entire scheme smells like a hoops plot.

But that's all a bit of a reach in and of itself. I'm on alert, though, that this isn't all that cut and dry...
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 10:18 PM   #1018
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

I think that us loosing two members of this society really hurts us. I don't have any idea how many members are left (if any), but if they are loyal to the Queen like I think, then they are significant weapons against the musketeers. Maybe like the Rangers in the Middle Earth game.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:20 PM   #1019
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I think that us loosing two members of this society really hurts us. I don't have any idea how many members are left (if any), but if they are loyal to the Queen like I think, then they are significant weapons against the musketeers. Maybe like the Rangers in the Middle Earth game.

oh right. cuz the queen was anti-musketeer! aah!

sorry about my random rambling about an english broad...i dunno what kind of drugs i'm on.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:20 PM   #1020
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:

If that's true, then they need to be more secret, and less kill the duke.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:23 PM   #1021
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
umm, didn't Mr. Wed have 2 votes on him according to the count in post 902?
It was some sort of tabulation error that both Jonathan and myself pointed out.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 10:23 PM   #1022
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
First thing I take from this: dodging a duel is much less powerful than a normal duke, so I feel it's more possible for Lathum to be bad than Fouts, in and of itself.

Second, it would not surprise me that if Lathum were bad that one of his voters were bad.

Third, on the off chance that #2 is true, the entire scheme smells like a hoops plot.

But that's all a bit of a reach in and of itself. I'm on alert, though, that this isn't all that cut and dry...

I'm not sure I see your logic.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:25 PM   #1023
Tyrith
College Starter

One or two bad guys vote for you to get you into position to be in a duel. You wind up using your power to duck, theoretically showing a good guy power. Then certain people try to backtrack from there.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:28 PM   #1024
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
One or two bad guys vote for you to get you into position to be in a duel. You wind up using your power to duck, theoretically showing a good guy power. Then certain people try to backtrack from there.

I was thinking this, too, until Lathum took his vote off of me. After that, I didn't know what Lathum was planning. Maybe it was all a trick.

He obviously didn't want to kill Anxiety, I'm not sure how he could have known Anxiety wasn't bad.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:29 PM   #1025
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Well, that result wasn't what iwould have liked. Iapologize for not voting. I am in the midst of finishing up grading and that has taken up the majority of my time.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 10:29 PM   #1026
Fouts
College Starter

I should say, Lathum was making it known that he didn't want Anxiety in a duel.

What I didn't understand was Lathum took his vote off of me after accusing me earlier in the day. What was the purpose of that? I was tied with Anxiety at the time.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:31 PM   #1027
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I'm not sure losing two members hurts us. I saw it as more a "brothers" sort of thing and figured there were only two of them and they had pm rights. Once one was lost the other was more helpless. But perhaps there's more to it than that?

So I think it's definitely a two horse race tomorrow between Lathum and Fouts. I simply don't believe that two good guys both have the ability to get out of lynches.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 10:32 PM   #1028
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I don't really know what to make of having both a "fast-talking" lynch avoidance and a "duke" lynch avoidance mechanism -- whether we should assume that either of them is bad, or for that matter whether either is more likely to be associated with the Musketeers.

The members of the Order do appear to be in the same faction as Alan on page 1, so I think it's probable that they are not working in opposition to us, although they may have some sort of independent victory.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 10:33 PM   #1029
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
So I think it's definitely a two horse race tomorrow between Lathum and Fouts. I simply don't believe that two good guys both have the ability to get out of lynches.

Good point. I am an average dueler, so hopefully, I'll have a decent chance.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:33 PM   #1030
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
I was thinking this, too, until Lathum took his vote off of me. After that, I didn't know what Lathum was planning. Maybe it was all a trick.

He obviously didn't want to kill Anxiety, I'm not sure how he could have known Anxiety wasn't bad.

Yeah, that also makes things more interesting. My play is kind of out there, but it's the hoops involvment that made me think of it at all; it's the kind of insane trick he likes to think of.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:37 PM   #1031
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
What I didn't understand was Lathum took his vote off of me after accusing me earlier in the day. What was the purpose of that? I was tied with Anxiety at the time.

Good point. I remember thinking that was strange. If he really wanted you in the duel, why did he take his vote off you?

The only thing I can think of is if he was really trying to save Anxiety and, due to some confusion on Gramm's end, thought that Mr. Wednesday also had two votes. By taking his vote from you and placing it on Mr. Wednesday, he ensured that Anxiety would not be third. Or so he thought.

If this is true, then that bumps Lathum up in my trust factor.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:37 PM   #1032
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Good point. I am an average dueler, so hopefully, I'll have a decent chance.
Frankly I'd rather see us get the majority and DECIDE which one of you we want to go down.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:40 PM   #1033
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Frankly I'd rather see us get the majority and DECIDE which one of you we want to go down.

I'm with you on this. By allowing us to leave it up to a duel, the wolves are able to hide their votes too easily. Let's make some people come out and force them into making decisions.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:41 PM   #1034
Tyrith
College Starter

I don't want this to be a game all about Fouts and Lathum...getting rid of one of them tomorrow might be the best way to avoid that, but what if we hit a good guy? Do we spend the next day to kill the other? If we don't come up with anything else at all, I suppose....but I really don't like the way this has gone.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:42 PM   #1035
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

I took my vote off you in an attempt to get a majority vote instead of having to use my ability a day after you used yours since I figured how it would look.

While I see what barkeep is getting at I think it is a huge mistake and would be playing right into the wolves hands.

The more I think about it Fouts may be a good guy. The fact that there were 2 kills last night lead me to believe the wolves have mechanisms built into be able to have multiple kills. Maybe the balance for that is 2 people with duking abilities.

I think if we make it a Lathum vs. Fouts tomorrow we are going to lose 2 days, one when I turn up good and one when Fouts does. By doing this we give the wolves a monster advantage.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:43 PM   #1036
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

dola- tyrith echoes my sentiments the same exact time I was posting them
Old 12-11-2006, 10:48 PM   #1037
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:

Hoopsguy is not a musketeer...i cant speak for if he is apart of a secret society third faction, but i know for a fact he is not a musketeer.
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 10:50 PM   #1038
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Lathum you have to agree the fact that you both have similar powers does smell just a bit. IN fact you do admit it when you state

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
While I see what barkeep is getting at

So what do you think we should do instead to avoid this big mistake?
Old 12-11-2006, 10:51 PM   #1039
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
Hoopsguy is not a musketeer...i cant speak for if he is apart of a secret society third faction, but i know for a fact he is not a musketeer.
My hoopsdar fails me
Old 12-11-2006, 11:02 PM   #1040
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I agree I was suspicous of the fact Fouts and I have similar abilities but look at the numbers.

We have 17 people left.
After tonigh at best we have 16
Lynch me or fouts tomorrow that leaves 15
Another night kill that is 14
kill me or fouts the next day that is 13
another night kill that leaves 12

that basicly puts the villegars at 9-3 with nothing to go by at that point since if its a forgone conclusion to vote myself or Fouts the wolves would easily be able to hide in the votes. You would be at 9-3 with no leads and no accurate voting patterns to go by. Plus our seer is dead so the odds of spotting a wolf at night seem slim This is assuming there are no more multiple kills at night.

While I am not sold on Fouts I will not be voting him tomorrow snce we would be playing right into the wolves hands by wasting 2 days and still coming away with no informaion.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:02 PM   #1041
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
So what do you think we should do instead to avoid this big mistake?

There is one way we can deal with the Lathum/Fouts issue and still focus on someone else tomorrow. Have those two challenge each other.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:04 PM   #1042
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Mark my words if I die tonight. 3 night kills tonight damns hoops in tomorrow's vote.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:09 PM   #1043
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
There is one way we can deal with the Lathum/Fouts issue and still focus on someone else tomorrow. Have those two challenge each other.

I have no desire to lose a member of the guard for no reason
Old 12-11-2006, 11:14 PM   #1044
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:

Huh?

Quote:
Mark my words if I die tonight. 3 night kills tonight damns hoops in tomorrow's vote.

Double huh?

What am I missing? I don't mind going after hoops, but did I miss a big clue?
Old 12-11-2006, 11:16 PM   #1045
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Huh?

Double huh?

No clue what Barkeep is saying, but as for the other. You are just going to have to take my word for it and if 3 people are killed tonight we lynch hoops tomorrow.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:17 PM   #1046
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:

If it helps us, I would be ok with a duel. Lathum seems a bit fishy to me.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:17 PM   #1047
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Yes. Blade has already come out and said that hoops is good (via night action) while dubb says that he sent hoops' visitor last night. I take it that dubb believes that by doing so, he prevented hoops from killing anyone last night.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:17 PM   #1048
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
No clue what Barkeep

Errrr....Blade
Old 12-11-2006, 11:19 PM   #1049
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:

I don't understand why this is true. All it looks like is a way for the wolves to kill two birds with one stone.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 11:20 PM   #1050
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
No clue what Barkeep is saying, but as for the other. You are just going to have to take my word for it and if 3 people are killed tonight we lynch hoops tomorrow.

That was blade that said hoops isn't a musketeer (I messed up the quote tag). I'll take your word for it, since you are one of the few I have gotten a good vibe from.