Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-04-2009, 08:18 PM   #1001
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
How long is a legacy? - 2K Sports Forums

assuming that's accurate it looks like 2046/47 is the limit.

Thanks! 22 more years if I want them all
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 08:23 PM   #1002
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Red Hargett of Baylor was the Player of the Year. The 7'3 center averaged 22.7 ppg, 10 rpg, and 2.2 bpg.

Isaiah Taft of Boise State was the Mid Major player of the year. The center averaged 23 ppg, 7 rpg, and 3 bpg.

Paul Hewitt, Georgia Tech, won Coach of the Year.

Smush Hall, a SR PF from Villanova, won defensive player of the year. He averaged 18 ppg, 7 rpg, 1.1 spg, and 2.4 bpg.

Hargett won Big Man of the Year.

Danny Rost, a 6'0 180 pound PG on Texas won Freshman of the year. He averaged 8.4 ppg and 5.9 apg.

No Wake players on the All-American Team.

Georgia Tech had A.B. Kampman make the team.

SR PF Arnold Felder of North Carolina State won ACC Player of the Year. He averaged 18 ppg, 6 rpg, and 1.5 bpg.

Raynard Kole of FSU won Freshman of the Year in the ACC. He averaged 5 ppg and 6 rpg.

Georgia Tech had 3 guys on the all-ACC team with Ibekwe, Kampman, and Varem. NC State had 1 with Felder and FSU had 1 with Falls, a senior PG.

Goodman made 2nd team All-ACC.

3 guys leave the team this year:

Gardner (83), Clifford (72), and Quinn (62.) Goodman is coming back for his senior season despite being projected as a late 1st round pick!

Now, to see if I'm leaving or not...
Old 04-04-2009, 08:26 PM   #1003
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Crap. I'm no longer the top coaching prospect. Fortunately, USC isn't the top team on the coaching carousel. West Virginia hires the top prospect, which is Troy's Head Coach.

USC had me 2nd on their list and they offer me the job since West Virignia hired their top choice! It's sad to leave Goodman and company, but I'm looking forward to building a long legacy at USC which has offered me a 2 year deal.

Time to take a look at my new roster.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:28 PM   #1004
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Other Teams replacing coaches:

Indiana, Texas, Michigan, and now Wake Forest (which is slotted just below Michigan.)

Indiana hired Saint Mary's Coach. Texas hired George Mason's Coach. Michigan hired Samford's coach. Wake Forest hired Florida International's Coach.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:37 PM   #1005
Radii
Head Coach

Awesome!!! Congrats!
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 08:43 PM   #1006
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

USC's top 3 players are all going pro. Superstar JR SF Demetric Griffith is rated 92 overall and is projected to be a top 5 pick. SR SG Jimmy Siguardarson is rated 90 overall and is projected to be a 1st round pick. SR Pg Casey Courselle was a 2nd team all-american. He is projected to be a 1st round pick. We also lost our top backup PG to graduation.

Before I can even look at my team in depth, the first day of recruiting, 2 guys who the previous coach had recruited sign with me.

Let's take a very quick look at the roster that I believe is returning and then look at which recruits have already signed on.

JR (will be a senior after I advance through the offseason)PG Tony Tate is a 6'5 199 pound player from Cerritos, CA. He is rated 84 overall and has more speed than any player I've ever coached. He is also a good 3 point shooter. He averaged 4.8 ppg in 6 mpg last year.

JR PG Desmon Faulkner is a 5'9 185 pound player from Torrance, CA. He is rated 78 overall. He is a very good 3 point shooter (84) and is also quick. He averaged 2.8 ppg in 4 mpg last yea.

JR SG Rony Rackauskas is from Fullerton, CA. He is a 6'6 204 pound player who is rated 80 overall. He has great speed and good driving ability but doesn't finish well around the hoop. He averaged 2.6 ppg last year in 5 mpg.

SO (soon to be JR) SG Stan Munir is a 6'6 201 pound player from Los Angeles, CA. He is rated 73 overall. He only played 2 mpg last year and averaged under a ppg. He doesn't have any strengths.

JR SF Shantay Shiloh is a 6'9 224 pound player from Compton, CA. He is our highest rated returning player at 87. He didn't get much time due to Demetric playing so many minutes. Still, he averaged 4.4 ppg, and 2.3 rpg in 10 mpg last year.

Correction. Soon to be senior PF Ted Duffy is our highest rated returning player. He is from San Francisco, CA. He is a 6'8 261 pound PF who is rated 88 overall. He is a great inside scorer who has good range on his jump shot and can even hit the 3. He has elite speed for a PF and great low post moves. He is a top notch defender with great hustle and stamina. He averaged 17 ppg, 5.4 rpg, and 1.3 bpg last year.

SO Rashid Camara is a 6'7 212 pound player from Hemet, CA. He is a very rugged rebounder and is a good shot blocker with great athleticism. He averaged 5.5 ppg, 5.7 rpg, and 0.9 bpg in 15 mpg.

SO (soon to be junior) Augustinas Tran is a 6'7 183 pound "PF" from Los Angeles, CA. He is rated 72 overall and doesn't have any strengths. He averaged under a ppg last year.

SO C Marshall Walton is the only true center on the roster. He is a 6'11 218 pound player from Santa Ana, CA. He is rated 70 overall. His only strength is his dunking ability.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:44 PM   #1007
hoopsguy
General Manager

Congrats on making the jump. I was worried that you would end up shafted after that simmed season.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 08:50 PM   #1008
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

The previous coach used up all of my scholarships. Unlike when I took over at Wake, it looks like Floyd did a great job

PF Robin Boxley is a 6'6 190 pound PF from Santa Barba, CA. He is ranked 11th overall and 2dnd among PF's. He is an All-American. He is a great leaper with excellent shot blocking instincts. He has some good post moves and has dynamic dunking ability. He also has some range on his shot. Our staff believes he has A- potential.

PG Armond Didlake is a 4 star PG from Las Vegas, NV. He is ranked 61st overall and 28th among PG's. He is 6'0 168. Our staff thinks he will become a very good outside shooter. B+ potential. Very good skill set.

SF Jon Paul Blizzard is a 6'6 217 pound SF from Alhambra, CA. He is a 4 star player ranked 68th overall and 14th among SF's. Our staff thinks he has A- Potential. He is above average in mosst areas with few weaknesses. His biggest weakness will be his stamina according to our staff.

I'll have to get a good look at the squad in training camp next year, but it looks like our only weakness will be at Center and to a much lesser extent at SG. We'll probably have to play some small ball next year. Getting a top flight center will be first priority next year.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:51 PM   #1009
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Congrats on making the jump. I was worried that you would end up shafted after that simmed season.

Me too. I really would have kicked myself if that happened.

Thanks guys.
Old 04-04-2009, 09:16 PM   #1010
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I start checking out local centers to see if I can convince any to walk on and I see ASU signed a monster center in Jarek Minter. He is 7'0 260 and very skilled. He was the 4th ranked center in the country.

I fly out to visit a JC SO Center to see if he will walk on, Nehemiah Nwoke would be a nice addition if he will do it. Cal and Oregon are also interested in him.

Tim Floyd mostly set the stage, but I've finished the deal that I have a JR who wants to commit to USC ASAP. He is a 6'4 216 pound H.S. JR from Compton, CA. He is currently considered a 4 star SG...

I've flown out to Nwoke's home twice and I think there is a good chance he will actually walk-on. He is a 7'1 253 pound JC SO C who is considered a 4 star player..

I also have a 4 star SG from Cameroon who wants to walk on.. we'll see if he actually does.

WTF!?! I'm getting guys expressing interest in USC from all over. Now, I have a 4 star PG from Mali who wants to walk-on. We'll see if any of these guys follow through..

USC's class is rated 8th best overall!

The top 5:

Georgia Tech, Florida, Oregon, West Virginia, Texas.

None of the guys who said they were interested in walking on actually did so. I did get 3 fairly worthless looking walk-ons, a PG who is rated 52 overall, a SG rated 54 overall, and a Center who is rated 65 overall. He may actually play if Walton ever goes down with an injury.

I'll do a look at the roster after the game which I'm way behind on the DVR now because I got caught up in recruiting
Old 04-04-2009, 10:56 PM   #1011
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

A look at the roster now that we are into the fall camp:

SR PG Tony Tate is the clear starter. He is 6'5 199. He is rated 84 overall. He has elite speed (97) with great quickness (93.) He is a good ball handler, a good passer, a good defender, and a very good midrange and 3 point shooter.

SR PG Desmon Faulkner is an adequate backup. He is small at 5'9 193 but is a very good 3 point shooter (85.) He also has excellent speed and quickness.

FR PG Armond Didlake is the lowest rated of the all of the freshman. He is 6'0 171 now and is rated 74 overall. I'm tempted to redshirt him. His strengths are his speed and passing.

Walk-on PG Ben Iti will never see the floor.

SR SG Rony Rackauskas is also a clear starter. He is a 6'6 206 pound senior. He isn't a great shooter or defender, but he is decent at both. He has great speed and quickness. He is an ok finisher around the rim. He is rated 80 overall.

JR SG Stan Munir is 6'6 205 and is rated 73 overall. He is a strong 2 guard but doesn't have many other strengths.

Besides Center, SG is my top priority in this upcoming recruiting class.

SR SF Shantay Shiloh is a clear starter. He is 6'9 233 and is rated 87 overall. He has tremendous speed for his size and position (88) with great quickness. He is a very good perimeter defender (88), a good shot blocker and off ball stealer. He has excellent handling ability and is a dynamic dunker. He shoots the 3 well (83) and is a good post up player. He is ready to have a huge year.

FR SF Jon Paul Blizzard is a clear successor for next year. He is a 6'6 226 pound player who comes in rated at a 77. He is a strong dunker with good athleticism. He has a decent midrange shot and he is an above average defender.

PF is a position of strength:

SR Pf Ted Duffy has put on about 20 pounds of muscle and is now 6'8 274. He is rated 88 overall. He has tremendous speed for his size (80.) He has great quickness, incredible hustle (99) He is a great low post player who can definitely shoot the 3 as well as the midrange shot. He is a good dunker. His biggest weakness is his durability. If he can stay healthy, I expect him to contend for player of the year. He'll be a focal point of our offense.

JR Rashid Camara is a 6'8 212 pound shot blocker. He is rated 80 overall. He has good speed (80), vertical (83), and shot blocking (81.) He is a good low post defender and a very good rebounder. He is decent offensively.

FR Robin Boxley, the 11th rated player last year, comes into camp as good as advertised. He is rated 80 overall. He is now 6'6 199. His strengths are his acrobatic dunks, his shot blocking (highest on the team at 86.) and his offensive awareness. He'll play a lot off the bench.

JR PF Augustinas Tran is a 6'7 187 pound PF who is rated 73 overall. His strengths are in rebounding. He'll rarely play.

JR C Marshall Walton put on a bit of weight and is now 6'11 227. He is rated 71 overall. He'll start, but we'll go to Duffy at center a lot and get Boxley or Camara in at PF. His biggest strength is his dunking.

Howard Morrison is a JR Walkon C. He is 6'9 249 and is rated 65 overall. He has no real strengths.

We have 6 seniors, so I'll get plenty of chances to shape this roster this year.

After discussing it with the staff (i.e.seeing the recommended lineup) I decide that Walton will not start. We'll start Camara at PF and Duffy at Center.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:07 PM   #1012
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I've identified my most important recruiting target:

SG Ian Korajkic is a 6'4 194 pound player from David, CA. He is Mr. Basketball in CA and is a 5 star All-American. He is a ranked 14th overall and 4th among SG's. His top 3 are Cal, Stanford, and USC with Washington and Nevada also in the picture. He is supposed to be one of the purest shooters in the country.

Other top priorities:

Center Willis Enzweiler (I had such good luck with the name) is a 6'8 258 pound center from San Francisco, CA. He is a 4 star player who is ranked 63rd overall and 2nd among centers. His top choices are Stanford, Washington, and UNLV. We are 4th on his list. He is supposed to be a dominating defensive presence.

SR Calvin McCurry was 100% USC at the end of last year. Now, he wants to get to know me a bit more but USC is still his #1 choice. He is from Compton, CA which is very close by. He is ranked 54th overall and 18th among SG's. He is supposed to be a smooth shooter with great hustle. Other schools in the picture are Stanford, UNLV, and SDSU.

SF Kareem Humphrey is only a 3 star player but he bleeds Cardinal and Gold and I think he is close to a 4 star player with some very good offensive skills. He is 6'7 201. He is ranked 113th overall and 24th among SF's. He averaged 10 ppg and 10 rpg in the ABL. He has a good 3 point shot.

The 1st poll is out and we are 6th in the media poll.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:20 PM   #1013
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Our overall roster rating is a 92, the highest I've ever had for any team.

Our first game is against a good UCF team that has an overall rating of 86.

They have 3 good players and a bunch of role players:

PG Bert Gaines is their top player. He is 6'4 183 and is rated 81 overall. He is a fast guard but can't matchup 1 on 1 with Tate.

JR PF Lorenzo Foust is a 6'11 275 pound player with good strength and good post moves. He is also a good shot blocker. He is rated 80 overall.

SR C Pedro Beck is a 7'0 268 pound center with great shot blocking ability. He is rated 80 overall. He is extremely strong but has a poor touch around the rim unless he is dunking it. He has no range on his shot.

The rest of the roster is in the low to mid 70's.
Old 04-05-2009, 12:23 AM   #1014
rjolley
College Starter

Congrats EF27! Glad you got the position you wanted.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 12:26 AM   #1015
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

It's so nice to see the Galen Center!

15 minute mark: Down 6-4.

14 minute mark: Shiloh has drawn 2 fouls on their SF.

8:40: Down 17-15. All of my starters are tired. I bring in Faulkner, Munir, Blizzard, Boxley, and Walton.

They go on a 12-0 run. Down 35-20 with 2:35 to go as my starters return.

2:02: Duffy gets a 2nd foul on Beck who has been terrorizing us this game.

Down 42-24 at the half. Not a good start to my coaching career as a Trojan

Foust is the player of the half with 15 points and 5 boards.

Their top 3: Foust, Beck (10), and Jeffereson (their SG with 7.)

Our top 3: Duffy (6), Camara (4), and Rony (4.)

15 minute mark: Duffy collides with Foust and he goes down hard. Duffy is holding his knee Down 52-36.

12 minute mark: Duffy is cleared to return. We are down 60-39.

11 minute mark: Down 63-42 as I turn to my 2nd unit again.

This just isn't our day. Walton who is a good dunker blows a wide open dunk on the fast break. Down 69-44 with 9 minutes to go.

We are on a little run. 73-53 with 5:20 to go. We bring back all of our starters.

We never get closer. We lose the game 83-61. Very disappointing start.

Foust was the player of the game with 22 points and 7 boards. He and Beck just did a good job of shutting down our main strength, the inside game.

Tate had 2 points, 2 assists, 2 steals, and 2 turnovers. He could get dribble drive penetration, but they closed down his passing opportunities and he had 2 of his shots inside blocked.

Rack (my new nickname for him) had 10 points, 4 boards, and 1 assist. He shot 4 of 11, 2 of 6, and 0 of 0.

Shiloh scored 10 points but it was on 2 of 13 shooting, 6 of 8 from the line. He also had 4 boards, 2 steals, and a block. Very disappointing day for him.

Duffy with 11 points, 6 boards, 1 assist, and 1 steal. We didn't go to him nearly enough. He was 4 of 8 and 3 of 6 from the line.

Camara with 4 points and 6 boards.

Boxley led the bench with 10 points and 6 boards. He shot 4 of 8.

Faulkner with 6 points off the bench.
Old 04-05-2009, 12:40 AM   #1016
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

That loss drops us from 6th in the media poll to unranked!

Our next game is at home vs a 3-2 Utah squad. They are rated 84 for roster strength. Hopefully we won't be upset by them as well. Their strength is at the PG position:

SR PG Corien Thornton is 6'3 186 and he shoots the 3 very well as well as possessing elite speed. He is averaging 12 ppg and 5 apg.

FR SG Ramon Sayman is a 6'1 180 pound player who is rated 74 overall. He is a very good perimeter player. He is averaging 11 ppg.

JR SF Erick Taybron is a 6'7 243 pound player with a great deal of potential. He is a better defender than offensive player right now. He is a very good shot blocker. He is averaging 6 ppg and 4 rpg.

FR PF Leon Mascoll is 6'9 225 and is rated 76 overall. He is a decent post player. He is averaging 10 ppg.

SR C Jake Skomsky is a massive player at 7'0 256 but at least he isn't that skilled. He is rated 74 overall. He is slow and isn't very good at defense or handling the ball. He is a good scorer when he can handle it though. He is averaging 10.8 ppg.

The bench is shallow with the only quality player being RS SR PF Vakeaton Gilbert who is rated 76 overall. The rest of their bench is in the low 70's.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:21 AM   #1017
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I accidently hit sim on the Utah game. I'll play out the 3rd game instead. In the simmed game, we beat Utah 88-56. Duffy led our team with 28 points on 11 of 24 shooting. Faulkner led the bench with 12 and Boxly had 11 points, 6 boards, and 4 blocks off the bench in 27 minutes. Tate with 6 points and 8 assists. Shiloh with 9 points, 3 boards, and 2 blocks.

After our next 2 games, several big recruits we are pursuing will decide on a college:

Ian Korajkic is the biggest of the recruits. He now has USC, Nevada, and Cal as his top 3. I think we've got him, but you never know.

Calvin McCurry is 99% certain to sign with USC.

Kareem Humphrey is also 99% certainty to sign with USC.

Willis Enzwieler will chose between USC, Stanford, and Washington. I like our chances for the big man.

We'll like lose JC FR PG Steffan Detrick to one of the East Coast Teams. He is from NYC and would appear to prefer to stay close to home. I knew he was a long shot when I began pursuing him.

Ditto for the biggest center in this class, Andres Henning from Newport News, VA.

Our next game is at San Jose State. They are a much weaker team with an overall roster strength of 77. Their best rated starter is SR SG Keston Wade who is a 75 overall. He is also a big 2 guard at 6'7 240. The rest of the their lineup is in the low 70's. However, they all are big for their positions. Their starting center is 7'1 230 and is rated 70 overall. The bench is all in the mid 60's.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:23 AM   #1018
Ironhead
College Prospect

Congrats on the USC job! Just curious, what are the ratings for all of your coaches at this point?
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 11:18 AM   #1019
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Technical problems (cat turning off my 360) led to me restarting this game. When I restarted it was tied at 24 late in the 1st half. We had one very sloppy stretch that allowed them to go on a 12-0 run in 3 minutes. Otherwise, we dominated them. Now for the replay:

15 minute mark: Up 11-2. Shiloh and Duffy are both scoring much better this game. One change I made is that I told the team to run much more and fast break whenever possible.

11 minute mark: Once again, we get sloppy for a 3 minute interval. Up 20-14 as I bring in the 2nd unit.

Shiloh witha very nice start including 1 absolutely thunderous dunk.

Up 25-21 with 3:30 to go as our starters return. The running game is going to be key to our success most of the year I think.

2:32: Duffy called for a rare charge. That is his 2nd but I'm going to gamble and leave him in the game.

Halftime: Up 36-23. Loved what I saw from my team in the last 3 minutes as I told them to run even more. We are also trapping much more now with out long athletic players.

Shiloh is the player of the half with 14 points, 3 boards, 2 assists, and 1 block. He shot 6 of 8, 2 of 3, and 0 of 0.

Our top 3 scorers: Shiloh, Duffy (8), and Rack (7.)

18 minute mark: Tate picks up his 3rd. I gamble and leave him in. We are up 43-30.

17:35: Duffy picks up his 3rd foul. I'll leave him in as well.

12 minute mark: Up 53-40 after they hit a long 3. We bring in our 2nd unit.

5 minute mark: Up 57-49 as my starters return.

A stupid foul lets them get within 5. 62-57 with 1:50 to go.

Duffy misses a post shot and then commits a quick stupid foul. They miss the first but make the 2nd FT. 62-58 with 1:20 to go.

Duffy misses a shot on our next possession, but Shiloh creates a turnover.

Duffy misses another shot at the end of the shot clock. Tate with a quick steal. They have to foul. He hits both FT's to make it a 6 point game with 18 seconds left.

We win the game 67-58.

Shiloh is the player of the game with 27 points, 8 boards, 3 assists, and 1 block. He shot 8 of 13, 3 of 5, and 8 of 8.

Tate with 4 points, 3 boards, 5 assists, and 3 steals.

Rack with 13 points and 1 assist. He shot 5 of 8.

Duffy with 9 points, 3 boards, and 3 assists. He shot 4 of 9.

Camara with 5 points and 7 boards.

Blizzard led the bench with 4 points. Boxley only had 1 point and 3 boards as he was 0 of 5 from the field.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:23 AM   #1020
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
Congrats on the USC job! Just curious, what are the ratings for all of your coaches at this point?

Good question.. It has been a long time since I've talked about my coaching staff. My head coach is 45 years old now (I apparently had him start as a 27 or 28 year old at his first job. He is now rated: Overall: A-, Offense A-, Defense B+, Teaching A-, Scouting B+, Charisma A+, and Discipline B+.

My assistants:

W.M Deleon has been with me for at least a few years. He is a 42 year old coach who is rated: Overall: B, Offensve B-, Defense B-, Teaching A, Scouting D, Charisma B-, and Discipline B. He doesn't do anything but teach usually.

Then I have Leemire Collum who was actually a head coach for a bit before getting fired. He is 49 years old. He is rated: Overall: B, Offensive C, Defense C, Teaching C+, Scouting A-, Charisma A+, Discipline B-. He is my scouting/recruiting coach.

Both coaches would like to get a head coaching job soon.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:32 AM   #1021
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Our next game is a touch matchup at home as we will host Texas A&M. They are 6-1 and have a very talented roster with an overall rating of 90.

FR PG Reid Barber is a dynamic young player. He was the 15th rated player overall last year. He has elite speed (95) and is a good ball handler and passer. He is rated 80 overall.

JR SG Lamarquis Chambers has a pulled hamstring but will still play. He is their most talented player. He is 6'3 191 and is rated 85 overall. He is extremely fast for a SG (94) and has very good range (81 from 3.) He is averaging just over 12 ppg.

SO SF Jessie Marshall is a 6'9 228 pound player who is rated 79 overall. He doesn't have as much speed as Shiloh but he is quick. He is a below average defender, but a potent offensive weapon. He is averaging 13 ppg.

SR PF Dalen Sakalys is 6'7 224 and rated 84 overall. He has the 3 point shooting ability of a guard (82) with a strong post game. He also has superior speed and athleticism. He is averaging 18 ppg. He is a below average defender.

JR C Bart Minter is 6'10 218. He is rated 80 overall. He is a very good post defender and an excellent rebounder. He is averaging 5 ppg and 9 rpg.

The bench is led by SO PG Maris Lemons. He is 5'7 166 and rated 80 overall. He has 98 speed and is a good outside shooter. Defensively, he is very weak.

PF Chet Colwell is a 6'8 233 pound junior. He is rated 80 overall. He is a good post player. He is averaging 7 ppg in 15 mpg.

The rest of the bench is rated in the mid 70's.

I'll play that game a bit later.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 04-05-2009 at 11:32 AM.
Old 04-05-2009, 12:39 PM   #1022
Tellistto
College Prospect

Congrats on the dream job!

Tell
Tellistto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 02:13 PM   #1023
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Ok. Settling in now with the team, we are going to start pressing/trapping more, running a lot more whenever the opportunity is present, and using Duffy more when we are in the half court offense.

After this game, I'll find out which recruits signed with me early.

15 minute mark: Trying to finish the fast break, Duffy gets a 2nd foul on Sakalys. We are up 12-9.

We were up 22-14, but the guys are getting tired and sloppy. I bring in the subs with 11 minutes to go. We are up 22-19.

4 minute mark: Our bench just had a great moment with a rebound by Boxley, quick outlet to Faulkner who had a 2-on-1 break with Blizzard.. perfect lob pass for the alley-oop dunk that got the crowd cheering. It's showtime now at SC. Tied at 36 as we bring back our starters.

Shiloh's height, speed, and quickness is making this fullcourt press more effective than any I've ever run before. He's going to get (and cause) a lot of steals in this system if he keeps this up. Of course, we are also giving up some quick baskets when they break the press.

Halftime: We are up 56-47. The crowd is loving it.

Shiloh with 17 points, 5 boards, 5 assists, and 5 steals at the half.

Our top 3: Shiloh, Rack (8), and Duffy (8).

Their top 3: Barber (9), Chamber (6), and Sakalys (5)

19:51: Shiloh with a post up move gets a 3rd foul on Minter.

17:33: We are on a 12-0 run as they can't break our press. Sakalys just got a 3rd foul.

They end it and go on a 6-0 run before Duffy hits a nice hook in the post.

14 minute mark: We are up 69-57.

11 minute mark: Shiloh hurts his knee trying to block a shot We were up by 14, now we are up 74-64 as I bring in the 2nd unit.

7 minute mark: Shiloh has been cleared to return. We are up 79-71.

I may have underestimated Faulkner in my initial assessment of him. He is a real good 3 point shooter and he hits a big one here, then steals it and passes it Boxley for a breakaway slam (Boxley's 1st points of the game.) 84-72 with 6 minutes to go.

Colwell with a nice dunk inside. I bring back our starters with 5:40 to go.

With just over 4 minutes left, Shiloh steals it and beats everyone up the court for the dunk. That gives him 30 for the game. 90-78.

The last 3 minutes we finally tried to slow down the game, as they tried firing quick 3's with some success.

We win the game 95-89.

Shiloh is the player of the game with 30 points, 7 boards, 6 assists, 6 steals, and 3 turnovers. He shot 11 of 16, 2 of 5, and 6 of 7.

Tate with 5 points, 7 assists, 2 steals, and 1 turnover.

Rack with 14 points, 2 boards, 3 steals, and 1 assist. He shot 5 of 12, 4 of 8, and 0 of 0.

Duffy with 14 points, 8 boards, and 2 assists. He shot 4 of 13, 0 of 1, and 6 of 8.

Camara with 8 points, 5 boards, 4 assists, 2 steals, and a block.

Blizzard led the bench with 9 points, 2 assists, and 1 steal.

Faulkner with 8 points, 4 assists, and a steal.

Now time to see what big recruits we get...
Old 04-05-2009, 02:40 PM   #1024
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Darn. We lost Korajkic to Nevada. He'd rather go to Nevada than play close to home at USC? Sheesh.

At least we got very good news as we got 3 of our other targets - Center Willis Enzweiler, SG Calvin McCurry, and SF Kareem Humphrey.

Willis is the 63rd player overall and 2nd center. Our staff thinks he will be very fast which will fit into this new system perfectly. Our staff grades him out as: Shooting B-, Skills B, Defense A, Athleticism B+, Rebounding A, IQ B+, Potential B+, and Size B+.

Calvin has wanted to go to USC his entire career, which is part of why I took him, but he is also a quality guard ranked 54th overall and 18th among SG's. He is 6'4 218 now. Or staff ranks him as follows: Shooting A-, Skills B+, Defense A-, Athleticism A, Rebounding B-, IQ B+, Potential B, and Size B-.

Kareem is another kid who really wanted SC over any other school. He is the 113th player overall and 24th SF. He is the only 3 star I'm pursuing as of this point. Our staff grades him as follows: Shooting A-, Skills B-, Defense B, Athleticism B+, Rebounding B+, IQ B-, Potential A-, and Size B+. He is supposed to be especially good at shooting the 3.

I'm really happy that we managed to move up from 4 on Enzweiler's list and get him away from Washington.

As far as the 1 scholarship offer I have free now (I have 2 offers out there to guys who are still undecided), I have a choice to make. There is a 6'7 232 pound SF from Rancho Cucamonga, CA who is ranked 48th overall who will definitely sign with us if I offer it to him. He is a good shooter, but isn't very athletic. However, I only will have 1 returning SG next year and he isn't good. As a result, I planned to get 2 SG's this recruiting class..

I decide to take a change and offer it to a 5 star SG who I know is a long shot...

Clark Lineman is a 5 star All-American Mr. Basketball SG from Kennewick, Washington. He is 6'5 200 pounds and is a dynamic shooter. He averaged 20.6 ppg in the ABL, the highest I've ever seen. We are fighting Washington, UNLV, and Oregon for him with Stanford and Nevada also in the picture below us on his list.

Our other offers out there are to the PG and Center from the East Coast. The center is looking like a very long shot, but we have a chance at the PG. He has agreed to come visit the campus this week. Temple is his top choice though.

The 6th game is an interesting game while the 5th one should be a complete blowout, so I sim the 5th one vs 1-8 Alabama A&M who have a roster strength of 65. We win 97-62. Duffy led us with 22 points, 9 boards, and 2 blocks.

Shiloh with 14 points, 8 boards, 3 assists, and 3 steals in just 21 minutes. Camara with 20 points, 8 boards, and 1 block. Tate with 13 points and 5 assists. Rack with 8 points and 3 assists. Shiloh was hurt in the game, but it is just a bruised elbow.

Boxley led the bench with 8. Faulker with 7 and Blizzard with 6.

Oh yeah, we climbed to 17th in the media poll last week.

Our next game is at 4-2 Oklahoma. They have a roster strength of 84, so it should be close at least.

They have a decent starting lineup but no real stars. Their best 3 players are:

SO PF Richard Casey is a 6'9 240 pound player who is rated 78 overall. He is a very good shot blocker.

FR PF Pat Folk is 6'7 261 and is rated 77 overall. He is a very fast PF (84 speed) with good low post defense.

FR C Marvin Harmon is 6'9 227 and is rated 76 overall. He is a good rebounder but is very slow.

The rest of the team is all rated between 70-75. I'll play that game later today.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 04-05-2009 at 02:40 PM.
Old 04-05-2009, 06:25 PM   #1025
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Laptop/Browser issues cost me a long post, but here is a summary of the game:

We started off slowly and they handled our trap/full court press almost perfectly in the 1st half. They also managed to slow down the game and we were down 33-32 at halftime.

Early in the 2nd half, 4 things of note happened:

1. Boxley who was in for Camara due to foul trouble, hit his first career 3.

2. Tate injured his knee. He is able to play on it, but he is noticably slower. He still hit a nice 3 and a 12 foot jumper after it happened.

3. We got their PG, SG, and SF all into foul trouble early in the 2nd half.

4. That enabled our full court press/trap to work and we got 14 quick points on a 14-0 run. That provided us a lead of 16 that never got smaller than 12.

We won the game 79-65 as I had my guys slow it down for the last 7 minutes.

Rack was the player of the game. He had 16 points, 4 assists, 3 steals, and 2 boards. He shot 5 of 10, 1 of 4, and 5 of 5.

Tate with 11 points, 4 assists, and 4 turnovers.

Shiloh with 14 points, 3 assists, 1 board, and 1 steal as he played through his prior injury. He shot 4 of 9, 2 of 5, and 4 of 4.

Duggy with 10 points, 9 boards, and 4 assists. He shot 4 of 10.

Camara with 8 points, 8 boards, and 4 steals in just 20 minutes (due to the aforementioned foul problems.)

Boxley with 7 points, 4 boards, and a block in 20 minutes.

Faulkner with 6 points and 3 assists in 16 minutes.

Blizzard with 4 points and 1 assist.

Munir with 4 boards.

Walton with 3 points and 3 boards.

Now, to see if we get any more recruits to sign with us before the early period ends. I doubt we will, but I've been surprised before..

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 04-05-2009 at 06:26 PM.
Old 04-05-2009, 06:33 PM   #1026
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

No one else signed early, but none of the guys we had offers to signed with anyone else either, so we have a chance to keep working on them.

At 5-1, we are now 10th in the media poll. We are 17th in the Coaches' poll. Georgia Tech is 8-0 and 1st in both polls.

Wake Forest is 8-2. Goodman is now rated 88. They are starting Gooden, Hollins (who is showing continued rapid growth), Goodman, Vega, and Christopher. Goodman is scoring 24 ppg! Enzweiler is playing 30 mpg off the bench and is scoring 22 ppg! Gooden is scoring 11 ppg and 5.6 apg.

Our next game is hosting Coppin State. They are 2-8 and have a roster strength of 64. 4 of their 5 starters are rated in the high 50's. The only decent player they have is SO PF Cheyne Berrelleca who is rated 72. We should demolish them. I might play that later tonight.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:26 PM   #1027
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

A slow start, but after 3 minutes our defense just starts dominating them with the full court trap. 7 minutes into the game, we are up 17-7. It's good to have everyone healthy again.

It turns into a 14-0 run before they score. We are up 23-9 with 11 minutes left in the half.

10:30: Rack with a strong move to the rim, lands awkwardly.. he can't put any weight on his leg

9:52: We are up 28-9 as I rest my starters.

The early word on Rack is that he hurt his Achilles Tendon.. maybe just a strain, maybe not

Our 2nd unit plays the rest of the 1st half.

Halftime: We are up 56-18. We've held them to 19% shooting while shooting 71% as a team.

Our top players of the half:

Camara with 9 points and 2 boards.

Boxley with 7 points, 3 boards, 2 steals, and a block.

Duffy with 6 points, 5 boards, and 2 assists.

Shiloh with 4 points, 2 assists, and 2 steals as well as 2 tips which led to steals by other guys.

In the 2nd half, we aren't using anymore full court trap. Also, the starters will only play a few minutes and we'll slow things way down.

Just over 12 minutes left, we are up 65-22. We held them scoreless for 6 minutes until they just scored. I bring in our 2nd unit with Didlake at SG since Munir has tired himself out over the stretch he has played.

7 minutes left: We are up 69-24. I get Tran into the game for the first time. He'll play at SF in this game.

We win the game 73-35.

Camara was the player of the game. He had 13 points, 6 boards, and a steal in 18 minutes.

Tate with 8 points, 3 boards, 1 assist, and 2 steals in 18 minutes.

Rack with 2 points, 1 board, and 1 assist in 9 minutes. I hope we get good news when he gets his MRI..

Shiloh with 6 points, 3 boards, 2 assists, and 2 steals in 18 minutes.

Duffy with 7 points, 5 boards, and 2 assists in 18 minutes.

Boxley with 11 points, 4 boards, 3 steals, and a block in 22 minutes.

Faulkner with 5 points, 4 assists, and 3 steals in 23 minutes.

Blizzard with 7 points, 3 boards, and an assist.

Didlake with 3 points on 1 of 4 shooting.

Munir with 5 points and 2 boards in 20 minutes.

Tran with 1 point.

Walton with 5 points, 7 boards, and 2 blocks in 22 minutes.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:35 PM   #1028
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

MRI results show no structural damage. He has a strained Achilles Tendon and will be out 2 to 3 weeks. Much better news than I feared as he has performed better than expected and we are so thin at SG. Edit to add: This is the first time I've actually seen an injury put a guy out in-game. I have injury effects at 82 now. Frequency at 75. I'll leave them there for at least this season.

For the next few weeks we'll start Faulkner at PG and Tate at SG. Didlake will play as the primary backup PG.

Our next opponent should provide a much bigger challenge. We host UNLV. They are 6-3. They have a roster strength of 85.

They have a solid starting 5:

SR PG Cordell Hedges is 5'10 182. He hasgreat speed. He is rated 81 overall. He is averaging 8 ppg and 4 apg.

SO SG Gerald Morton is 6'3 194. He is rated 78 overall. He is a good outside shooter but is weak defensively. He is averaging 10.3 ppg, 2.8 apg.

SO SF Lonnie Hailey is 6'10 190 and he is banged up with a sore knee. He is rated 78 overall. He is a smooth jump shooter. He is averaging 12 ppg.

JR PF Richie Wood is 6'11 213. He is rated 81 overall. He has a very nice post game. He is averaging 14 ppg.

FR C Kyree Klatsky is 6'8 238 and he has an overall of 76. He is averaging 6 ppg and 4 rpg.

The bench is led by FR PG Jontae Homan who is 6'2 182 and is rated 75 overall. He is averaging 5 ppg.

The rest of the bench is in the high 60 to low 70 range.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 04-05-2009 at 10:36 PM.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:37 PM   #1029
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
MRI results show no structural damage. He has a strained Achilles Tendon and will be out 2 to 3 weeks. Much better news than I feared as he has performed better than expected and we are so thin at SG. Edit to add: This is the first time I've actually seen an injury put a guy out in-game. I have injury effects at 82 now. Frequency at 75. I'll leave them there for at least this season.

I just turned mine up to frequency 75/effects 80 today. In 4 games I've had 2 big men go down in games I've played out. One for 42 days, one for 28.
Old 04-06-2009, 12:35 AM   #1030
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
I just turned mine up to frequency 75/effects 80 today. In 4 games I've had 2 big men go down in games I've played out. One for 42 days, one for 28.

I've played at least 15 games with these settings. Plenty of minor injuries that don't even knock the guy out, but this is the first one of any length.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:47 PM   #1031
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
I've played at least 15 games with these settings. Plenty of minor injuries that don't even knock the guy out, but this is the first one of any length.

Yeah, I finished up my regular season and those were the only two long term injuries I experienced from games I played out(plus one or two more in simmed games). Its a difficult setting to get right because injuries shouldn't be occurring all the time, and the difference between 3 injuries that knock a guy out for awhile in a season and 5 could be major.

I'm leaving it where it is for awhile.
Old 04-10-2009, 04:13 PM   #1032
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We start off with a 10-0 lead as Shiloh posted up his man 3 times, then Duffy started our first fastbreak with a long outlet to Faulker who took it in for a layup and the foul (which he missed) and finally Shiloh stole it and rumbled down the court for a powerful dunk.

15 minute mark: Duffy and Klatsky with a big collision. Klatsky appears to be hurt bad. Klatsky did draw the foul on Duffy. We are up 10-4 after they hit a pair of FT's.

Shiloh is pushing around the thin Hailey. He draws another foul and hits a pair of FT's.

11:25: Up 17-10, I rest Shiloh and Faulkner.

6 minutes left: Up 29-19, I rest all of my starters except for Shiloh who returns.

2 minutes: Up 41-26 as my starters return except for Tate who is still tired.

Shiloh just did something I've never seen my guys do. Rebounded it under the rim and took it coast to coast, doing a behind the back move on one guy, a crossover on another, and dunking over the last guy in his way. 43-26.

Halftime: We are up 44-26.

Shiloh is the player of the half. 16 points, 6 boards, 2 assists, and 2 steals.

Our top 3: Shiloh, Duffy (5), and Tate (5.) Didlake and Munir also each have 5.

Their top 3: Wood (6), Gale (6), and Morton (4.)

12 minute mark: Shiloh with a thunderous dunk on the fast break. We are up 67-48. Shiloh is absolutely exhausted. I rest just him.

5:50: Up 79-60, we go to only 2nd unit players.

4 minutes left: 80-66 as I bring back just Shiloh.

1:42: Up 80-71 as the rest of my starters return.

We win the game 86-71.

Shiloh is the player of the game with 31 points, 11 boards, 4 assists, and 2 steals. He shot 8 of 18, 1 of 5, and 14 of 14 from the line.

Duffy with 19 points, 11 boards, 1 assist, and 1 steal. He shot 6 of 11 and 7 of 8 from the line.

Faulker with 3 points, 5 assists, and 2 steals.

Tate with 10 points, 2 boards, 2 assists, and 1 steal.

Camara with 4 points, 8 boards, and 1 steal.

Boxley with 6 points off the bench on 2 of 2 shooting from the arc.

Didlake with 6 points and 1 assist.

Munir with 5 points and 2 assists.
Old 04-10-2009, 04:23 PM   #1033
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

At 7-1, we are now 13th in the media poll and 16th in the coaches' poll. We have 10 days off before our next game.

Klatsky strained his achilles and is out for 3 weeks.

We have a weeks off (for Final Exams) before our next game. It's possible Rack will be healed in time for the next game.

Our next game is against Long Beach State in the Golden Bear Classic Tourney. We win the simulated game 74-64. Closer than I expected.

Tate led the team with 15 points, Shiloh with 14 points, and Camara with 4 blocks. Duffy with 10 points and 6 boards.

Our next game in the tourney is against the even lower rated American team. They have an overall roster strength of 64 and are 3-7. They don't have any good players. I'll play that game later today or tomorrow.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:51 AM   #1034
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Shiloh with a quick 3, Faulkner with a steal and breakaway layup, and then Duffy with a block that ignites a fastbreak layup by Tate have us up 7-0 in under a minute.

13:33: We are up 19-7 as they call a timeout. Shiloh is leading the way with 8 points.

13:10: Duffy picks up a 2nd foul. He'll stay in the game for another minute.

10:45: Up 24-13 as I rest Duffy and Shiloh.

7:19: Up 34-21 as I bring back Shiloh and rest all of the other starters.

6:35: Shiloh picks up his 2nd foul. He'll remain in the game.

Up 44-26 with 3 minutes left, I decide to let all of my starters rest.

Halftime: We are up 52-28. Only disappointment is we are allowing them to shoot 45%. Otherwise, we are dominating including have caused 14 turnovers.

Shiloh is the player of the half with 13 points.

Our top 3: Shiloh, Tate (9), and Duffy (6)

Most of their scoring has come from their SG who has 13.

15 minute mark: We are up 65-30. Guys are shutting their men down now.

14:20: Camara with a dunk over a guy, with some contact, and he pulls up lame (Maybe I turned up the frequency of injuries just a bit too much?)

A 6 minute scoring draught ends with a 12 footer by their SG. We are up 77-32 and will be pulling our starters very soon.

10 minutes to go: We are up 83-32 as I sit my starters. Early report is that Camara hurt his hamstring.

We win the game 103-54.

Shiloh is the player of the game. He had 21 points, 5 boards, 4 assist, and 4 steals. All of the boards, assists, and steals came in the 2nd half. He shot 5 of 12, 1 of 3, and 10 of 13.

Faulkner with 7 points, 4 assists, 3 steals, and 1 turnover.

Tate with 14 points, 3 boards, 2 assists, 3 steals, and 1 big block (send it way down the court.)

Camara with 9 points, 6 boards, and 4 steals.

Duffy with 14 points, 5 boards, 2 assists, 1 steal, and 1 block. He shot 6 of 7 and 2 of 4 from the line.

Blizzard and Munir led the bench with 10 points each. Boxley with 6 points, 5 boards, 2 assists, and a block.

Walton with 7 points, 9 boards, and 3 assists in 21 minutes.

Didlake with 3 points, 3 assists, and 2 steals in 18 minutes.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:57 AM   #1035
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

That win gives us the Championship for the Golden Bear Classic. Camara is day to day for 2-3 weeks with a pulled quad.

We are now 9-1 and 7th in the media poll as we are about to start conference play. We are now 13th in the coaches' poll.

The top 10 of the Media poll:

1. Georgia Tech (11-0)
2. Temple (10-0)
3. Miami (10-1)
4. Washington (10-0) - our next opponent.
5. Stanford (10-1)
6. Pitt (10-1)
7. USC (9-1)
8. Xavier (12-1)
9. Cincinnati (11-0)
10. Nevada (10-1)

Wake Forest is 12-2 but unranked in the polls. Henry Goodman is leading them with 24 ppg. Enzweiler is averaging 21 ppg. No one else is in double digits, but a few guys averaging 6 to 8 ppg.

Now for a look at the Pac-10...
Old 04-11-2009, 12:08 PM   #1036
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

1. Washington is 10-0 and their overall roster strength is 93.
2. Stanford is 10-1 and their overall roster strength is 93.
3. Arizona is 10-2 with a roster strength of 93.
4. USC is 9-1 with a roster strength of 92.
5. Oregon is 9-3 with a 91.
6. UCLA is 8-3 with a strength of 87.
7. Cal is 10-3 and their overall roster strength is 85.
8. Washington State 8-3, 85.
9. Arizona State 9-3, 85.
10. Oregon State 9-3, 81.

A strong league. Some info on the best players and the conference history:

Cal won the regular season and tourney last year with a 31-6 record.
USC has been in the tourney final 2 of the last 3 years, but has not won a regular season or conference title in over 10 years.

USC's graduated SG was the Pac-10 Player of the Year last year.

Arizona is leading the conference in scoring at 84 ppg.

USC leads in rebounds per game at 33.8.

USC leads in assists per game at 16.8.

USC leads in steals per game at 11.9

Oregon leads in blocks per game at 5.7

Oregon State's I. Hacker, a center, leads the conference in scoring at 21 ppg.

Oregon's Z. Shephard, a center, leads the conference in rebounding at 8 per game.

Stanford's, C. Shumate leads in assists at 7 per game.

Shiloh leads in steals at 2.2 per game.

Shepard leads with 2.8 blocks per game.

The best overall player is Shephard, Oregon with an overall of 90.

Washington has the best freshman in the conference, PF T. Adams with an overall of 83.

D. Fox, Arizona's SR PG is considered the best shooter and has an overall of 90.

D. Davidson, Washington, SO PG rated 85 overall is considered the best playmaker.

Shepard is considered the best pro prospect and best defender. Shiloh is hoping to crack those lists before the year is out.

Now a preview of our first opponent, Washington.
Old 04-11-2009, 12:21 PM   #1037
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We start off with Washington at home in the Galen Center. They are very strong 10 deep:

JR PG Sean Dennis is 6'2 178 and is rated 86 overall. He is averaging 6 ppg and 5 apg. He was the 12th player overall in his class. He is an elite defender (92) with great ball handling (93), and excellent passing ability. He is also a very good 3 point shooter.

JR SG A. Goodson is 6'4 210 and is rated 86 overall. He is averaging 8 ppg, 4 rpg, and 2 apg. He was the 9th overall player in his class. He has superior athleticism and is an above average outside shooter.

SF M. Conner is 6'5 219 and is rated 83 overall. He has very good speed, but his strength is lacking and I expect Shiloh to be able to handle him. He is a very good ball stealer and is an above average shooter. He is averaging 8 ppg and 4 rpg.

FR PF Theo Adams is 6'7 208 and is rated 83 overall. He is averaging 6 ppg and 7 rpg. He was the 6th player overall in this last class. He is very good rebounder who is an explosive athlete. He also isn't a bad midrange shooter.

C Matthew Matela is a 6'11 250 pound center who is rated 86 overall. He has good speed for his size, is a dominating post player offensively but is just an average defender. He does have some range on his shot. He is averaging 20 ppg, 6 rpg, and 1 bpg.

SO Omar Davidson was the 2nd player overall in his class. He is a 6'2 179 pound player rated 85 overall. He is a terrific defender who is an average shooter, but a great ball handler and passer (93 for both.) He is averaging 7 ppg, 6 apg, and 2 spg off the bench.

SR PF Reynold Juan Barea is a 6'9 210 pound player who is rated 84 overall. He is a superior athlete who uses his speed and quickness to score quickly. He is averaging 15 ppg and 5 rpg off the bench.

SO SF Devonne Barber may play more against Shiloh. He has the size to guard him at 6'8 225. He is rated 80 overall and he has the speed to stick with Shiloh. However, he is just an average perimeter defender.

SO C Zack Kole who I almost convinced to come to Wake Forest is now 7'2 275 and is rated 79 overall. He is a very good shot blocker when he gets there but is a bit slow. He is a devastating rebounder. He is only playing 6 mpg but is averaging 3 ppg and 2 rpg.

FR SG Pete Rios is 6'6 206 and is rated 78 overall. He is the best 3 point shooter on the team (88) and is a good athlete. He is from Glendale, CA. He was the 18th player in last year's class.

A quick update on our roster:

Shiloh is plus 2 and at 89 overall now. Rack is plus 2 (82), Faulkner is plus 2 (80), Blizzard is plus 1 (78), Camara plus 1 (83), Tate +1 (85), and Duffy +1 (89.)

I'll play that game later this afternoon.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 04-11-2009 at 12:24 PM.
Old 04-11-2009, 03:07 PM   #1038
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Rack isn't quite back yet, but should be 100% any day now. Shiloh and Duffy are going to need to be special.

Within 90 seconds Shiloh draws 2 fouls on Conner. They go small and bring Davidson into the game. We are down 6-5.

They steal it.. fast break.. layup attempt.. Shiloh comes from behind and blocks it getting it off the backboard. He ignites the fastbreak at the other end! That was a great block!

Frenetic pace early. Tied at 10 with 16 minutes to go in the half.

14:20: Duffy picks up his 2nd foul. We bring in Walton. We are down 15-14.

13 minute mark: Shiloh picks up his 2nd foul. He'll take a short break. We are tied at 17.

12:40: Faulker gets a 2nd foul on Davidson. They bring back Goodson.

Tate is taking over, hitting the 3's. We are up 24-21 with 9 minutes to go.

7 minute mark: I bring back Shiloh and Duffy and rest all of the other starters. We are up 28-24. Big Zack Kole is coming into the game..

6:44: Shiloh gets a stupid ticky tack foul. He sits for Blizzard.

3 minute mark: Blizzard is having his best game, working against Barber. 34-26, we lead. Faulkner and Tate return to the game.

Halftime: We lead 46-34

Tate is the player of the half with 13 points, 3 assists, and 2 steals. He shot 5 of 12.

Our top 3: Tate (13), Blizzard (12), and Duffy (10.)

Their top 3: Goodson (8), Dennis (7), and Matela (6.)

17:35: Duffy with a huge block that he catches against the backboard! They call it a goal tend though. However, everything else is going perfect. We are up 53-38.

Shiloh taking over the game, generating steals, making nice passes for assists, and of course scoring inside with his strong post moves and breakaway dunks (2 in a row.) We go on a 10-0 run. 63-40.

The run ends when Shiloh picks up his 4th foul with 14 minutes to go. He will rest for a bit.

12 minute mark: Duffy picks up his 4th. We are up 69-47. Walton comes into the game.

10 minute mark: We turn to the entire 2nd unit as we are up 76-53 and will start really slowing things down.

They close within 17, 80-63, so I bring back Shiloh and Duffy. Just under 6 minutes left.

They ignite a 12-0 run in just under 3 minutes. Led by a Duffy block, a Shiloh steal, and a great alley-oop from Shiloh to Duffy. With a 92-63 lead and 3 minutes to go, I put back all 2nd unit players.

The crowd is going absolutely crazy and now my guys want to push for 100. I can't tell them not to fast break if there is an opportunity and a minute later Munir does finish the fast break with a nice power slam.

We win 102-70. I'm thinking this team has a real shot at winning the National Championship.

Tate was the player of the game with 22 points, 4 assists, 2 boards, and 4 steals. This was the first game where he really used his elite speed to full effect. He shot 9 of 18, 4 of 8, and 0 of 0.

Faulker with 5 points, 4 assists, 3 steals, and 7 turnovers. He shot 1 of 6.

Shiloh with 14 points, 8 assists, 3 boards, 2 steals, and 2 blocks. HGe shot 5 of 7, 1 of 2, and 3 of 3. Loved some of his passes.

Duffy with 19 points, 6 boards, 3 assists, 2 steals, and 2 blocks. He shot 7 of 10, 1 of 1, and 4 of 4.

Camara with 6 points, 3 boards, 2 assists, 1 steal. His quad injury really slowed him at times.

Blizzard led the bench with a career high 17 points. His previous high was 10. He shot 6 of 9 including 2 of 2 from the arc.

Munir with 10 points and 4 boards.

Walton with 4 points, 4 boards, and 1 block in 19 minutes.
Old 04-11-2009, 03:26 PM   #1039
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

One big recruiting advantage I just noted in the Pac-10, they almost never play games on Sundays. Our only game the whole year on a Sunday is a game against UCLA. With the recruiting bug (can't fly to visit guys if you have a game on a Sunday), this is a big difference compared to when I was at Wake Forest (and Niagara.)

Our next game is against Oregon which is 9-4. They are rated 91 overall. Rack is back and will start at SG allowing Tate to slide back to PG (giving us our nice big lineup) and Faulkner will become a primary bench player.

We win the simulated game at home vs Oregon 89-59.

Duffy had a career high 42 points! He also had 8 boards, 3 assists, and 3 blocks. He shot 16 of 23, 3 of 4, and 7 of 10.

Shiloh with 16 points, 4 boards, 3 assists, 3 steals, and 3 blocks.

Tate with 3 points and 5 assists.

Rack with 5 points, 5 boards, and 7 assists in his first game back.

Camara with 5 points and 1 board.

Boxley led the bench with 10 points, 4 boards, and 2 blocks.

With a 11-1 record, we rise to 4th in the media poll and 5th in the coaches' poll.

Our next game is at Arizona State University. They are 10-4 (1-1) with a 85 overall roster strength. Our strength is now up a point and rated a 93. They have 2 of their contributors out with injuries.

They are led by 2 talented forwards:

JR PG Trent Wilkins is the weak link to this team. He is rated 72 overall. He is 6'0 184. His lack of foot speed should allow Tate to abuse him unless they use a lot of zone or help defense. He is averaging 4 ppg and 2 apg.

JR SG Nicholas Doulby is a 5'10 195 pound off guard. He is rated 77 overall. He has very good speed but not much else going for him, well he is also a good ball stealer. Rack should be shooting over him all day. He is averaging 3 ppg and is only averaging 18 mpg.

JR SF Vernon Urbina is their best player. He is 6'7 215 and is rated 83 overall. He is a very good 3 point shooter with solid athleticism. He was the 20th player overall in his class. He is from Gilbert, AZ. He is averaging 10 ppg and 5 rpg.

SR SF/PF Ruben Appleby is listed as a natural SF, but is playing PF and he certainly has the size for it at 6'10 256. He has good 3 point shooting ability and freakish athleticism for his size with 85 speed. He is also a good 3 point shooter (84) and a very good perimeter defender (87.) His post game is unrefined. He is averaging 14 ppg.

FR C Jarek Minter is 7'0 268 and is rated 76 overall. His only strenghts right now are his rebounding but he could be a powerful force for them in a few years. He is averaging 7 ppg and 7 rpg.

SO SF Ian Prince leads the bench. He is a 6'7 201 pound wing player who is rated 79 overall. He has a nice shooting stroke and has good speed. Defensively, he is weak. He is averaging 12 ppg.

Their 2nd and 3rd bench players are out with injuries.

The rest of the bench is rated in the high 60's-very low 70's.

I'll play that game later tonight or tomorrow.
Old 04-11-2009, 10:37 PM   #1040
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

16 minute mark: Tied at 6 and Shiloh has just picked up his 2nd foul. I'll take a chance and leave him on the floor.

11 minute mark: Rack has picked up his 2nd foul. We are tied at 14. I rest Rack, Shiloh, and Camara. We've got Wilkins and Prince in foul trouble with 2 each.

7:40: Blizzard hits a 3 to tie it at 23. Rack comes back into the game. Tate and Duffy get a breather.

5 minute mark: Rack with back to back 3's. We are up 29-23. Shiloh and Camara return to the game.

Rack misses a 3 and Walton has an emphatic put back dunk! We are now on a 10-0 run.

Rack with a 2 fast break dunks in a row! We are up 36-23 before they score again with 3:20 to go in the half.

1:35: We bring back the rest of our starters. We are up 42-31.

Halftime: We are up 47-36.

Rack is the player of the half with 18 points, 2 boards, and an assist.

Our top 3: Rack, Shiloh (9), and Tate (6.)

Their top 3: Appleby (11), Minter (8), and Borges (7.)

19:31: Fast break started by a Duffy rebound.. throws it to Rack.. who alley-oops to Shiloh.. who is called for a charge! That is Shiloh's 3rd foul.

15 minute mark: Shiloh picks up his 4th foul. Rack recently picked up his 3rd as well. I sit Shiloh. We are up 54-40.

Tate is using his speed to take over as the primary scorer with Shiloh out.

10:24: Rack picks up his 4th foul. We are up 68-50. I rest a tired Tate who has scored 10 of our last 14 points. I also rest Rack and Camara. Duffy will be our only starter on the floor for the next 3 or so minutes.

5:35: They have closed within 12 after I tried slowing it down. 76-64. Duffy gets a rest while Shiloh, Tate, and Rack come back into the game.

2:36: They close within 7, so we start pressing the temp. Tate with a fastbreak that is stopped by a foul.. he misses the first FT.. but sinks the 2nd. Up 77-69.

Shiloh sets up Rack for an easy basket. However, at the other end he picks up his 5th foul. 79-69, we lead with 2 minutes left. We slow things up again.

We win the game 83-74 as we hit the majority of our FT's down the stretch.

Rack was the player of the game with 25 points, 3 boards, 1 assist, and 1 steal. He shot 9 of 12, 4 of 5 (guess he is a better 3 point shooter than I thought - although almost every one of them was a wide open shot set up by either Shiloh or Tate) and 3 of 4.

Tate with 19 points, 3 boards, 5 assists, 3 steals, adn 2 turnovers. He shot 7 of 9, 1 of 2, and 4 of 8.

Shiloh with 9 points, 6 boards, 4 assists, and 1 steal. He shot 3 of 11, 1 of 4, and 2 of 4.

Camara with 1 point and 4 boards.

Duffy with 16 points, 4 boards, 1 assist, 1 steal, and 1 block.

Blizzard led the bench with 5 points. Faulkner had 5 assists in just 14 minutes.

Boxley with 3 points, 3 boards, and 3 assists.

Walton with 2 points, 5 boards, and 1 block.
Old 04-11-2009, 10:46 PM   #1041
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Our next game is at Washington State. They are 10-4 (1-1). They have an overall roster strength of 85. Their best player, their PG, has a broken finger that will bother his shooting but he will play.

SR PG Drew Soto is 6'2 212 and is rated 84 overall, the highest on their team. He doesn't have the elite speed to stay with Tate, but he is a very good offensive player with excellent shooting from midrange, good shooting from the arc, and very good ball handling and passing. He is averaging 16 ppg and 4 apg.

SR SG Travon Popoola is another small SG at 5'11 170. He is rated 81 overall. He has tremendous speed and is a decent outside shooter. He is an average defender. He is averaging 8 ppg and 3 apg.

SO SF Terry Caton is a weak link for them at 6'5 212 and only rated a 70. He is average or below average in every area. He is averaging 3 ppg and 2 rpg in 25 mpg.

JR PF Robert DeLeon is undersized at 6'5 213 but he is rated 81 overall. He has tremendous speed for a PF and is a good finisher around the rim. He isn't bad from the arc either. He is averaging 15 ppg and 3 rpg.

SO C Ferdinand McCully is 7'1 265 and is rated 74 overall. He is very slow and lacks a refined offensive game. He is a good shot blocker when he gets in position. He is averaging 8 ppg, 5 rpg, and 2 bpg.

SR PG Lou McCully is the top bench player. He is 6'2 184 and is rated 79 overall.

SR PG P.J. Trammel is 6'0 191 and is rated 77 overall. He actually has the speed to hang with Tate, although he is a subpar defender and is a slightly below average shooter. He does have good ball handling skills.

The rest of the bench is all rated in the high 60's to low 70's. They don't have any size on their bench.
Old 04-12-2009, 10:53 AM   #1042
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

1st minute: Duffy and McCully with a mild collision but McCully is down on the ground holding his knee.

15 minute mark: Tied at 12. Shiloh leading the way with 5 points so far.

11:30: McCully returns to the game, his knee isn't hurt too badly. We are up 18-15.

9:39: Duffy picks up his 2nd foul. We are up 23-20. Shiloh has played brilliantly but is exhausted. We rest Shiloh, Duffy, and Camara.

5 minute mark: We are up 29-28. Tate and Rack need to rest. All 2nd unit out there for a minute or two.

3:30: Up 35-29 as Shiloh returns to the game.

Shiloh dominates the next 3 1/2 minutes with nice shots, drawing double teams, kicking it to open guys for assists, and 2 nice boards including a putback dunk.

Halftime: We are up 45-33.

Shiloh is the player of the half with 17 points, 6 assists, 2 boards, 2 steals, and 1 block.

Our top 3 scorers: Shiloh, Rack (7), and Duffy (7.)

Their top 3: Popoola (9), DeLeon (5), and Conroy (5)

15 minute mark: Up 53-43. Shiloh has done most of the scoring the last 5 minutes.

12 minute mark: Tate with a block ignites our fast break. That was the key to a quick 8-0 burst. Up 61-46 as Shiloh rests.

8 minute mark: Duffy picks up his 4th foul. He's having a tough time with McCully. We are up 70-60.

6:30: Tate with his 3rd block of the game that ignites a fastbreak layup by him! I love his combination of size and speed (not to mention his shooting ability.) That block ended a 6-0 run. Up 72-64.

Tate with a nice feed toCamara for a layup. Now Tate and Camara are very tired. I bring in Faulkner and Boxley as well as bring Shiloh back to anchor the unit.

Shiloh with a defensive board, quick long outlet to Faulkner who throws a perfect lead pass to Rack for the jam.

I tried slowing things down but they closed within 7, so we started running again and finished this game off in style.

We win the game 91-78.

Shiloh is the player of the game with 29 points, 10 assists, 5 boards, 5 steals, and a block. If he wasn't scoring on the fast break, he was posting up the smaller defenders on him. He shot 11 of 15, 1 of 4, and 6 of 9.

Tate with 8 points, 6 assists, 2 boards, and 3 blocks. He shot 2 of 7.

Rack with 14 points, 3 boards, and a steal. He shot 6 of 9.

Camara with 7 points and 2 boards. He shot 3 of 7.

Duffy with 9 points, 7 boards, and a block. He shot 4 of 10.

I'm hoping Shiloh can become my first player ever to record a triple double.

Boxley led the bench with 10 points, 4 boards, 2 assists, 1 steal, and 1 block in 16 minutes. He is going to start getting more of Camara's minutes.

Blizzard led the bench with 8 points.

Walton with 2 points, 3 boards, and a block in 16 minutes.
Old 04-12-2009, 11:12 AM   #1043
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

At 13-1, we are now 3rd in the media poll and 4th in the coaches' poll. The top 10 media poll:

1. Georgia Tech 15-0
2. Temple 13-0
3. USC 13-1
4. Miami 12-1
5. Mississippi State 14-0
6. Pitt 13-2
7. Stanford 13-2
8. San Diego State 13-0
9. Xavier 15-2
10. Saint Joseph's 13-1

Wake Forest is now 13-3 and 2-0 in conference play.

Niagara is 14-4 and 6-0 in MAAC play. None of my guys are still there.

Jan 15, 2026 -

Our game hosting the Oregon State Beavers is much closer than expected, as we win the simmed game 78-76. Duffy with 26 points, 3 boards, 2 steals, and a block.

Tate with 7 points, 6 assists, 2 steals, and 2 blocks.

Rack with 6 points and 3 assists.

Shiloh with 12 points, 6 boards, 3 assists, and 1 block.

Camara with 2 points in 3 minutes. He fouled out in 3 minutes!

Boxley got a majority of those minutes and he finished with 4 points, 5 boards, and an assist.

Faulkner ned the bench with 10 points and 4 assists. He sprained a toe in the game and will be less than 100% for 4 days.

Camara is now 100%.

Our next game is hosting a talented Stanford team. We both have roster ratings of 93. They also are playing an uptempo high scoring game. We are averaging 82 ppg. They are averaging 80.

One of their top reserve PG's is out for the game with a strained oblique muscle. They are a very experienced squad, starting 4 talented seniors and 1 junior:

JR PG Charlie Shumate should be a true test of Tate's skills. He is also 6'5 198. He has very good speed (not quite as good as Tate - 93.) He isn't as good of a shooter either. However, he is a tremendous passer, a great ball handler, and a very good defender. He is averaging 9 ppg, 7.5 apg, and 2 spg. He is rated 86 overall.

SR SG Benjamin Dewitt is 6'5 216 and is rated 82 overall. He is a very fast good outside shooter who is below average defensively. He is averaging 9 ppg,

SR SF Randy Doellman is 6'6 231 and is rated 83 overall. He is slightly slowed with a ankle injury but will play. When fully healthy, he is a dominant perimeter defender. He is averaging 8 ppg, 5 rpg, and 2 spg.

SR PF Aleksandar Chancler is the star of the team. He is 6'6 260 and it is mostly muscle. He is very strong, fast, and is a great finisher. He has a very good post up game, he is a good defender, and his only weakness is his stamina. He is rated 90 overall. He is averaging 19 ppg and 7.4 rpg.

SR C Darnell Farrell is 6'9 258 and is rated 88 overall. He has good mobility, is a great low post offensive player, and is a solid defender. His biggest weakness is his lack of range on his show. He is averaging 18 ppg, 7 rpg, and 1 bpg.

SO Antanas Tolic leads a talented bench. He is 6'5 220 and is rated 82 overall. He is very fast and doesn't have any bad weaknesses except for his tendency not to hustle.

SO PF Jon Farley is the top big man on the bench. He is 6'10 235 and is rated 82 overall. He is the best shot blocker on their team and is overall a good post defender. He is averaging 2.2 bpg in only 18 mpg. He also averages 4 ppg and 4 rpg.

FR SG Vernard Buckendahl is the 3rd guy off the bench and the main focus for the future of the program. He is a 6'3 177 pound player with elite athleticism. He was the 57th player in his class but he could be one of the best to come out of it if he develops well. He is rated 79 overall

The rest of the bench is rated in the mid 70's.
Old 04-12-2009, 01:37 PM   #1044
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

1st possession, Shiloh fakes out his man, drives to the hoop and gets a foul on Farrell.

They break our press every time early, but we are playing great fundamental defense (and doubling down on either of their big men whenever they get it in the post) and Shiloh is scoring at will. 9-2 with 16 minutes to go. Shiloh has all 9 points.

14 minute mark: Shiloh has gotten 2 fouls on Doellman. We are up 11-4.

10 minute mark: Up 25-9! The home crowd is going crazy. We've hit 3 3's in a row.

9:44: Farley gets a 2nd foul on Duffy. He'll sit at the next stoppage.

5 minute mark: Our offense has gone cold and now guys are tired as the crowd's energy has died down. We are up 30-18. We rest everyone except Tate.

Halftime: Tate becomes the first player to ever play the entire half for me. He was just playing too well to take him out. He hit 2 3's down the stretch and helped give us a 40-25 lead.

Tate is the player of the half with 15 points, 4 boards, 2 assists, and 2 steals. He shot 6 of 7 including 3 of 4 from the arc.

Our top 3: Tate, Shiloh (14), and Rack (5.)

Their top 3: Dewitt (5), Tolic (5), and Shumate (4.) We've held their big guys to 2 points each on 1 of 4 and 1 of 5 shooting. Shiloh is the main guy doing the double teaming on them.

1st play of the half, Chancler reacts very quickly upon catching the ball and draws a foul on Camara before we can even begin to double team.

18 minute mark: Shiloh draws a 3rd foul on Doellman.

Now our full court trap is forcing turnovers which are leading to easy baskets. We get 3rd fouls on Farley and Chancler.

15 minute mark: Duffy gets called for a charge on a dunk. That is his 3rd foul. We are up 55-32.

They have a quick 12-0 run on 4 3's before Tate takes it to the hoop for a layup and the foul which he makes. 58-44.

13 minute mark: Up 60-44, Tate sits down for the first time this game.

12 minute mark: Shiloh with an offensive board, gathers himself, dunks and gets fouled! He misses the FT. 64-46.

8 minute mark: Shiloh and Duffy get a break. We are up 69-52.

4 minute mark: It's 69-57. I get Duffy and Tate back into the game. Shiloh is still tired and will rest another minute.

3:20: Duffy picks up his 4th foul. Up 71-59.

2:35: Up 71-61, we get Shiloh back into the game.

Tate off a pick and roll from Shiloh drives to the hoop for a layup. Tate with a steal.. he nails the 16 footer.

We win the game 79-69.

Tate is the player of the game with 30 points, 5 boards, 3 assists, and 2 steals. He also had a 3 turnovers. He shot 11 of 13, 4 of 6, and 4 of 4. I guess Shumate wasn't as good of a defender as I thought. Although he did have 10 points and 10 assists as well as 3 steals against us.

Rack with 8 points on 3 of 9 shooting. He had 3 turnovers.

Shiloh with 24 points, 7 boards, 5 assists, 1 block, and 3 turnovers. He shot 8 of 14, 2 of 7, and 6 of 7.

Camara with 4 points, 7 boards, 2 assists, and 1 steal.

Duffy with 8 points and 14 boards. He shot 2 of 10.

Only 5 points from the bench today, 3 from Faulkner on a 3. 2 from Munir.

Chancler and Farrell each ended up with 12 points for them. Tolic was their leading scorer with 16.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 04-12-2009 at 01:38 PM.
Old 04-12-2009, 01:48 PM   #1045
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We remain 3rd in the media poll and 4th in the coaches' poll at 15-1. Our next game is at home vs UCLA. They are 13-4 and 5-1 in conference play. They have a roster strength of 89 right now. They are 2nd in the Pac-10 Standings. They are young at forward but have a talented backcourt:

JR PG Aaron Lettenbergr is the star of the team. He is 6'1 188 and is rated 87 overall. He has 95 speed but is a subpar perimeter defender and Tate should be able to shoot over him. He is an elite ball handler and passer. He is averaging 8 ppg and 5 apg.

SR SG J.R. Dahl is 6'5 222 and is rated 84 overall. He is averaging 15 ppg, 3 rpg, 3 apg, and 2 spg. He doesn't have any weaknesses in his game and is above average in most areas. His only elite skill is his stealing.

JR SF Ransom Attaway is 6'8 219 and is rated 78 overall. He has tremendous leaping ability and is a good shot blocker. He is averaging 9 ppg, 5 rpg, and 1.4 bpg.

SO PF Stanley Duhon is 6'6 224 and is rated 75 overall. He is a good shot blocker and rebounder. He is averaging 8 ppg, 5 rpg, and 2 bpg.

FR C Jorge Moye is 6'10 250 and is rated 75 overall. He is averaging 6 ppg and 5 rpg. He doesn't excel in any areas and he is slow.

They have 3 very good PG's on the bench:

JR PG Salvador Barnes is a 6'1 194 pound player rated 84 overall. He is averaging 8 ppg and 3 apg in 24 mpg.

SR PG Andrew Bryant is 5'10 185 and is rated 84 overall as well. He is averaging 7 ppg and 2 apg in 18 mpg.

Hubert Alloway is 6'4 195 and is rated 82 overall. He is the best 3 point shooter on the team. He is averaging 7 ppg in 14 mpg.

The rest of the bench is rated in the high 60's to very low 70's.

Looking forward to this game but probably won't get to play it today.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 04-12-2009 at 01:48 PM.
Old 04-12-2009, 01:59 PM   #1046
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quick recruiting update:

4 star JC FR PG Steffan Detrick has told me that he is all USC. He says he is going to turn down the offers from Temple and Saint Joe's. Hopefully, he doesn't have a change of heart. Our staff thinks he is actually a top tier outside shooter.

5 star elite SG Clarke Lindeman is leaning towards staying in his home state of Washington, but this battle isn't over. It's now a 3 team race between Washington, Oregon, and USC. The good news is that he has agreed to come visit our campus this week.

3 star massive center Andres Henning is leaning towards leaving Virginia, but not coming all the way out to USC. He is a heavy lean towards Memphis now. We are his 2nd choice, but we are a distant 2nd.

In other news:

The #1 player in the nation, a 6'5 SG is leaning towards Georgia Tech.

The #2 player in the nation, a 6'5 SG, has already signed with Georgia Tech.

No other team even has 2 in the top 25.

Niagara has signed a very nice 4 star PF from Toronto who is ranked 65th overall. They also got a 4 star SF from Detroit, MI who is ranked 99th overall.

Wake Forest hasn't signed anyone in the top 100 yet.

A quick update on player's progress on our roster:

All plus 2:

Tate (86), Rack (82), Shiloh (89), Camara (84), Faulkner (80), Munir (75)

Plus 1:

Duffy (89), Blizzard (78), Didlake (75), Tran (74), Walton (72)

Boxley is the only contributor who hasn't improved any overall points yet. Hopefully, his potential isn't too low to prevent further growth.
Old 04-18-2009, 10:24 AM   #1047
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

15 minute mark: Duffy gets a 2nd foul on Duhon. We are tied at 8.

13:30: Shiloh on the break gets a 2nd foul on Moye. We are up 10-8.

Shiloh is taking over the game in these last 2 minutes. Shiloh with 8 straight points, a block, and 2 boards. We are up 13-8 now and still continuing the run.

I just realized 4 of my starting players are now considered "coaches on the floor."

10 minute mark: They end the run and get a 2nd foul on Tate. I rest Tate and Shiloh. We are up 14-11.

30 seconds later Duffy picks up his 2nd foul and sits.

A minute later, their backup SG tries to dunk over Walton.. their SG falls and hurts his knee on the attempt.

6 minute mark: Their SG has been cleared to return, just a bruise. Our trap has been working against their backup PG. We are up 27-20 after Rack just hit a 3.

5:30: We bring Shiloh back in and let him work with Rack and the 2nd team. We are up 27-22.

2 minute mark: Rack picks up his 2nd foul. 4 starters on each team with 2 fouls. I rest Rack for the final 2 minutes of the half. We are up 34-26.

Halftime: We are up 34-32. Everyone is shooting poorly, but I guess I have to give their defense some credit for that.

Shiloh is the player of the half with 15 points, 3 boards, 2 assists, 1 steal, and a block. He is shooting 3 of 9 but 9 of 11 from the line.

Our top 3: Shiloh, Rack (7) on 1 of 6 shooting, 4 of 4 from the line, and Duffy (3.)

Their top 3: Dahi (9), Attaway (5), and Barnes (5.)

19 minute mark: Duffy picks up a 3rd on Moye.

17:30: Duffy picks up his 3rd foul diving for a rebound, loose ball call. We are up 38-33 as we rest Duffy.

Tate with back to back 3's.. he is heating up!

Tate allows them to steal it after a basket. 2 quick baskets quiets our crowd down some.

16 minute mark: Tate gets called for a 3rd foul. We are up 44-38. I decide to keep him in for now..

14 minute mark: Dahl hits back to back 3's. We are tied at 44.

12 minute mark: We bring Duffy back. We are up 49-47.

Tate with another pair of back to back 3's. We are up 55-48.

9 minute mark: Shiloh and Tate get a quick break. We are up 59-51.

4 minute mark: We are up 65-61 as I bring back Tate and Shiloh. Camara rests.

3 minute mark: Rack with a bad pass that allows them to steal and get a breakaway dunk to tie it at 65.

First Tate had a quick drive into the lane for a tear drop floater. Then Shiloh got a defensive board and took it all the way for a dunk! 69-65 with 1:17 to go.

1 minute: Dahl hits a 14 footer. 69-67.

With 36 seconds left, Rack draws a foul in the post. He swishes both FT's.

Tate with a steal! He is fouled. He makes both FT's. They throw it away out of a double team in the backcourt. We get it to Tate who they foul. He makes both FT's. 75-67.

We win the game 78-69.

Tate is the player of the game with 25 points, 3 assists, 3 steals, and 1 board. He shot 7 of 12, 4 of 6, and 7 of 8.

Rack with 13 points, 5 boards, 2 steals, and 1 block. He shot 3 of 10 but was 6 of 6 from the line.

Shiloh with 20 points, 6 boards, 3 assists, 3 steals, and 2 blocks. He shot 4 of 15 and 12 of 15 from the line.

Camara with 2 points, 8 boards, and 2 steals.

Duffy with 9 points, 9 boards, 2 steals, and a block. He shot 3 of 8.

Faulkner led the bench with 5 points and 2 assists.

Walton with 2 points and 5 boards.
Old 04-18-2009, 10:37 AM   #1048
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Despite winning our only game of the week, we drop to 4th in the media poll as Mississippi State leapfrogs us into 2nd place. They are now 17-0.

We remain 4th in the coaches' poll.

Our next game is at Arizona. They are 13-6 and 18th in the media poll. They have an overall roster strength of 93 and they have one of the best coaches in the game. We lose the simulated game 78-75. Duffy led us with 30 points. Shiloh with 9 points, 7 boards, 2 steals, and 2 blocks. Tate with 9 points and 6 assists.

Our next game is at Cal. They are 14-7 (4-4.) They have a roster strength of 86. They are starting freshman at PG and C but the rest of their starting 5 is solid:

FR PG Andre Ward is 6'0 177 and is currently the weak link on the team with an overall rating of 73. He doesn't excel in any areas. He was ranked 73rd in his class. He is averaging 6 ppg and 5 apg.

SR SG Lodrick Benton is the star of the team. He is 6'3 225 and is rated 86 overall. He is a very good outside shooter with ok athleticism. He is great at playing the passing lanes. He is averaging 14.6 ppg and 1.9 spg.

SO SF Barry Esterkamp is 6'8 212 and is rated 80 overall. He doesn't excel in any area but is good in most areas. He is averaging 7.4 ppg and 3.7 rpg.

SR PF Elmer Dennehy is 6'11 269 and is rated 79 overall. He has very good strength and is a solid dunker. He doesn't excel in any areas, but is slightly above average in almost all areas. He is averaging 11.5 ppg and 6.3 rpg.

FR C Ronald Hanson is 7'0 254 and is rated 74 overall. He is very slow and doesn't have any refined skills yet except for being a great dunker. He is averaging 7.6 ppg and 5.1 rpg.

The best player on the bench is JR SG Taurance Krauser who is 6'6 209 and is rated 76 overall. Most of the bench is rated in the low 70's.
Old 04-18-2009, 11:42 AM   #1049
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

12 minute mark: Shiloh has been playing like a point forward early, setting up all of his teammates, mostly Rack. We are up 15-8 as Shiloh gets to take a break.

Tate with a steal, a breakaway dunk, and the foul. That is Dennehey's 2nd foul. Tate with 3 quick penetration drive and dish for assists. He can beat this PG off the dribble almost at will.

6 minute mark: We are up 35-18 as Shiloh and the 2nd unit come onto the floor.

Towards the end of the half, Shiloh tried a double pump breakaway dunk and clanked it off the back of the rim. Other than that, he has had a great 1st half.

Halftime: We are up 45-25.

Our top 3: Rack (10), Duffy (9), and Blizzard (8.)

Shiloh and Tate have both been piling up the assists. Tate with 7 and Shiloh with 4.

Their top 3: Benton (6), Weaver (5), and Hanson (4.)

12 minute mark: Shiloh just got his 10th assist of the game on a nice drive and dish to Rack for a 3. He has an outside shot at the triple double. Of course, we have a huge lead now, so I'm not sure how much longer he'll get to play in this game. 61-36 lead.

10 minute mark: We are up 67-40. I pull my starters but Shiloh might talk me into putting him back into the game once he is rested. He currently has 8 points, 10 assists, and 6 boards.

4 minute mark: We are up 74-46. Shiloh gets 2 minutes on the floor to see if he can get close to his goal..

Shiloh gets his 10th board, but it is just barely after the buzzer.

We win the game 83-52.

Shiloh is the player of the game with 14 points, 10 assists, 9 boards, and 2 steals. He shot 3 of 10, 0 of 4, and 8 of 8.

Tate with 6 points, 7 assists, and 2 steals.

Rack with 16 points and 3 boards.

Camara with 9 points and 6 boards.

Duffy with 12 points and 6 boards.

Blizzard led the bench with 8. Faulkner with 6, Munir and Walton with 5 each. Walton also had 5 boards.
Old 04-18-2009, 11:48 AM   #1050
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

After the loss to Arizona, we drop to 6th in the media poll and and 7th in the coaches' poll. Here is the coaches' top 10:

1. Mississippi State 19-0
2. Georgia Tech 18-2
3. Pitt 18-2
4. Miami 17-2
5. Temple 18-1
6. Xavier 19-3
7. USC 17-2
8. Stanford 17-4
9. Arizona 15-6
10. Washington 15-4

Wake Forest is atop the ACC with a 18-4 (7-1) record. Goodman is now a 90 rated player. Their most impressive wins are at North Carolina 84-63 and against Maryland 100-75. They still have to play Duke and Georgia Tech this year.

Niagara is atop the MAAC at 19-5 (11-1).

Our next game is against Washington State. They are 11-10 (2-7.) They have a roster strength of 86. We beat them earlier in the year at their place 91-78.

A reminder about their roster:

SR PG Drew Soto is 6'2 212 and is rated 84 overall, the highest on their team. He doesn't have the elite speed to stay with Tate, but he is a very good offensive player with excellent shooting from midrange, good shooting from the arc, and very good ball handling and passing. He is averaging 16 ppg and 4 apg.

SR SG Travon Popoola is another small SG at 5'11 170. He is rated 81 overall. He has tremendous speed and is a decent outside shooter. He is an average defender. He is averaging 8 ppg and 3 apg.

SO SF Terry Caton is a weak link for them at 6'5 212 and only rated a 70. He is average or below average in every area. He is averaging 3 ppg and 2 rpg in 25 mpg.

JR PF Robert DeLeon is undersized at 6'5 213 but he is rated 81 overall. He has tremendous speed for a PF and is a good finisher around the rim. He isn't bad from the arc either. He is averaging 15 ppg and 3 rpg.

SO C Ferdinand McCully is 7'1 265 and is rated 74 overall. He is very slow and lacks a refined offensive game. He is a good shot blocker when he gets in position. He is averaging 8 ppg, 5 rpg, and 2 bpg.

SR PG Lou McCully is the top bench player. He is 6'2 184 and is rated 79 overall.

SR PG P.J. Trammel is 6'0 191 and is rated 77 overall. He actually has the speed to hang with Tate, although he is a subpar defender and is a slightly below average shooter. He does have good ball handling skills.

The rest of the bench is all rated in the high 60's to low 70's. They don't have any size on their bench.