Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-19-2007, 11:21 AM   #1001
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I have another question for a few other people:

To Silvermoon's team.. I've heard a few times that the run on cannonball was to create a new candidate. Why him when voting one of the others who had votes at the time would have created a much closer race and possibly caused either a different outcome at the end, or at least a race close enough that everyone's move at the end would be under a spotlight?

To Captain America: Coming in, all day yesterday I had you and Ironman pretty equal as my early targets coming in as people who I thought would have been great horsemen. Somehow along the way your name totally got dropped out of the discussion and you ended up under the radar. Why did you place your vote on Mystique instead of someone else who had a better shot at saving your teammate.

At the time of your vote IronMan had 8 votes but had also initiated his defensive power. Mystique only had 2 attacks with yours making #3. Cannonball however had 4 votes + 2 for a team bonus at the time.

While your vote on Cannonball wouldn't have tied it up, I am pretty sure if your desire was to save your teammate you could have done a special attack of some sort or double or even triple attacked possibly to bring it real close or even tie it up. That would have definitly changed the end of voting yesterday as well.

So my question is: Why did you put your vote where you did when it seemed to have been much better to help your teammate placing it other locations?
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 11:29 AM   #1002
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

And while I am doing an excellent job of talking to myself...

There are 6 teams. At least one of which doesn't have a bad guy on it. If you were bad, would one of your goals be to try to spread across as many teams as possible? Ie: should we expect 4-5 of the teams to have Apocolypse or one of his horsemen?

If so, should some of the people we look at be those who did whatever maneuvering to shun certain teams while trying to join others? I might need someone with more comic book knowledge to help me here since I'm sure some formed for theme reasons. However I remember a few others seemed to specifically not want on one team and wanted on another for reasons I didn't understand at the time.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:30 AM   #1003
gi
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I have another question for a few other people:

To Captain America: Why did you put your vote where you did when it seemed to have been much better to help your teammate placing it other locations?

Through a varity of reasons, I feel Captain America is on the side of good.
gi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 11:41 AM   #1004
Bonegavel
Awaiting Further Instructions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
(Cannonball)

It's not what Hulk has done, its who he is. If he's good, he's most likely our most powerful ally, if not he's our biggest threat. For the third time now I say I am not calling for an attack on him, because that would be foolish at this point. Only that he be looked at by our seer-types, nothing more.

I am leaning towards the same people you are considering though Warpath, as I just think it was too easy for an evil to hide amongst my fellow Iron Man attackers.

I agree and just want to re-emphasize that the Hulk and his persona would be the perfect place to hide the face of evil. He talks in fragments and doesn't add much. He won't be tripping himself up by speaking.

I think that right there is reason enough to take him off the board. It is still early and that would leave 10 of the 12 left if he turns out to be an oopsie.

Bonegavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 11:47 AM   #1005
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonegavel View Post
I agree and just want to re-emphasize that the Hulk and his persona would be the perfect place to hide the face of evil. He talks in fragments and doesn't add much. He won't be tripping himself up by speaking.

I think that right there is reason enough to take him off the board. It is still early and that would leave 10 of the 12 left if he turns out to be an oopsie.

Im less worried with there being only 10 of 12 left as I am worried about us removing all of a particular type of player. If we get rid of all of the type of player who is strong and with great defense, we likely will end up eliminating a certain type of role associated with such as well. I'm not really ready yet to do that i don't think.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:56 AM   #1006
path12
Coordinator

(ooc) Really busy this morning. Will catch up as soon as I can. (/ooc)
Old 01-19-2007, 12:04 PM   #1007
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Still having serious conn problems, but for the moment, it's cleared up. It's been down for most of the late night and morning with the occasional connection being made for a few minutes. I may not be as active today as a result.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 12:25 PM   #1008
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Its been 4 hours and still not really much discussion. Where are all of the people who said we should have talked about things before making a decision for attack? I only have like 3 hours left till I have to go.
Old 01-19-2007, 12:32 PM   #1009
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
So, it looks like Storm (Swaggs), Captain Britain (gi), Venom (Grammaticus), and Ironman (EF27) didn't elect to attack anyone yesterday.

Ironman is dead so there's no need to ask him.

To the other 3, why didn't you attack anyone?

(Storm)

A couple of things here.

One, have you considered that not everyone's powers are conducive to a powerful attack? Perhaps some of our powers are better suited elsewhere.

Two, the more we are injured during the day, the easier of a target we become during the night.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 12:34 PM   #1010
WVUFAN
College Starter

Doom was attacked last night! Luckily I was prepared for this to occur, and a Doombot that was in my stead was destroyed.

Someone will PAY for this Insolence!!! I believe it to be Wolverine, since he had threatened Doom the night before.
WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 12:37 PM   #1011
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUFAN View Post
Doom was attacked last night! Luckily I was prepared for this to occur, and a Doombot that was in my stead was destroyed.

Someone will PAY for this Insolence!!! I believe it to be Wolverine, since he had threatened Doom the night before.

Did you get a look at who it was?
Old 01-19-2007, 12:42 PM   #1012
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:

Interesting and, I think, something to go from.

Do we assume that all night attacks are made by members of Apocolypse's team? I had considered that there must be some of us that are capable of acting during the night, but perhaps that is not true. I know that I cannot make a night attack.

If Wolverine verifies that he was the party that made the attack, then that will give us a Wolverine vs Doom choice to make. If Wolverine does not speak up, then we will have to decide whether or not Doom is telling the truth (which, in itself, will give us the answer).
Old 01-19-2007, 12:45 PM   #1013
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

The golden horse was a Doombot, I take it?

I don't fully trust Wolverine (or anyone else), but it doesn't sound like a good plan to come out openly against you (and have you come out against him) and then attack you at night. It draws too much attention to him, and attention is not something Apocalypse and the Horsemen want right now.

SPIDER-MAN
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 12:48 PM   #1014
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
Do we assume that all night attacks are made by members of Apocolypse's team? I had considered that there must be some of us that are capable of acting during the night, but perhaps that is not true. I know that I cannot make a night attack.

If Wolverine verifies that he was the party that made the attack, then that will give us a Wolverine vs Doom choice to make. If Wolverine does not speak up, then we will have to decide whether or not Doom is telling the truth (which, in itself, will give us the answer).

While it's possible that some of us heroes have the ability to do night attacks, it would be foolish to do so unless you are 100% convinced that the person you are attacking is a Horseman.

SPIDER-MAN
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 12:52 PM   #1015
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

So I take it the noise we heard last night was from your struggle? What all did you learn about the attack? Did you see it occur, or did you just hear it like the rest of us?
Old 01-19-2007, 12:54 PM   #1016
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Also I guess I wonder the following:

If you are planning on attacking someone at night, why would you say so during the day so all attention is on you the next day.

There were a few people who had feuds with you yesterday how do we know that it wasn't a setup to try to frame one of them by someone else? I guess I'm hoping you know more than you are sharing so far.
Old 01-19-2007, 12:56 PM   #1017
Swaggs
Coordinator

(Storm)

I would certainly like to hear from Wolverine, regarding last night's actions and his threats regarding Doom yesterday.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:00 PM   #1018
Bonegavel

Quote:

(Wolverine)

My sense of smell would've tipped me off and trust me, your smell is something I would remember.

Believe what you want Doomy, but either way I don't really care what you think. Too bad they didn't succeed and we could've gotten this thing moving along.

**lights up cigar and blows a few smoke rings in Dooms direction**

Old 01-19-2007, 01:05 PM   #1019
WVUFAN
College Starter

The nature of the Doombot is that it is my decoy, while I go to my secret lair. So, the person or persons committing the act would not know they were attacking a Doombot. I was in my secret lair when the attack occured.

So, unfortunately, I do not know who attacked me, only that if I had not had the forethought to activate my Doombot based on the threats of Wolverine, I would have died last night.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:06 PM   #1020
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
Where is my dear Captain America? I need to know what my mentor has to say about last night!

I'm here. Catchin' up.

It was a long and restless night.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 01:07 PM   #1021
Bonegavel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik View Post
While it's possible that some of us heroes have the ability to do night attacks, it would be foolish to do so unless you are 100% convinced that the person you are attacking is a Horseman.

SPIDER-MAN

(Wolverine)

I'm sure other's have night attacks that aren't Evil but I don't necessarily see it as foolish if you aren't 100% sure. Hell, if you wait too long you might be dead yourself. Sometimes you have to take chances.

Old 01-19-2007, 01:12 PM   #1022
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

(Silver Surfer)

I cannot make an attack at night either. But I do believe from the rules that it is possible for others to have such abilities.

If Doom is to be believed, I think it is up in the air as to whether the attack was from Apocalypse or his horsemen in order to frame Wolverine or from Wolverine himself.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:12 PM   #1023
Swaggs
Coordinator

Looks like there is not a lot of developing news just yet.

I will be back later on this evening.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:14 PM   #1024
Bonegavel

Quote:
(Storm)

I would certainly like to hear from Wolverine, regarding last night's actions and his threats regarding Doom yesterday.

(Wolverine)

I swear on the life of the wife I think I had that I did not attack Doom last night. If that ain't good enough for you Ororo (storm) then I don't know what to say.

As much as I hate to admit it, I'm having second thoughts about Doom.

He seems to be the only one attacked last night (evil gets a free kill at night separate from any power issues) and even if another character that wasn't evil had an attack, then another should have been killed or at least attempted.

I think Doom is not Evil.

Old 01-19-2007, 01:17 PM   #1025
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
To Captain America: Coming in, all day yesterday I had you and Ironman pretty equal as my early targets coming in as people who I thought would have been great horsemen. Somehow along the way your name totally got dropped out of the discussion and you ended up under the radar. Why did you place your vote on Mystique instead of someone else who had a better shot at saving your teammate.

At the time of your vote IronMan had 8 votes but had also initiated his defensive power. Mystique only had 2 attacks with yours making #3. Cannonball however had 4 votes + 2 for a team bonus at the time.

While your vote on Cannonball wouldn't have tied it up, I am pretty sure if your desire was to save your teammate you could have done a special attack of some sort or double or even triple attacked possibly to bring it real close or even tie it up. That would have definitly changed the end of voting yesterday as well.

So my question is: Why did you put your vote where you did when it seemed to have been much better to help your teammate placing it other locations?

Why did you vote for Tony, Warpath? Because it's better to achieve results blindly than to achieve one's aims through consideration? Because you're a follower?

Mystique has been putting off one mother of a bad vibe for me since early yesterday. Cannonball, I don't have a feel for.

I didn't feel like there was anything I could have done to save Tony, given the nature of my powers and the sheer amount of opposition he was facing. I chose instead to target somebody who didn't feel right to me, and enough people apparently agreed with me that we almost managed to save him anyway.

You can argue with my choice of targets, but Warpath, as one of the Nine, I don't think you have any room to talk right now.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:20 PM   #1026
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
(Wolverine)

I swear on the life of the wife I think I had that I did not attack Doom last night. If that ain't good enough for you Ororo (storm) then I don't know what to say.

As much as I hate to admit it, I'm having second thoughts about Doom.

He seems to be the only one attacked last night (evil gets a free kill at night separate from any power issues) and even if another character that wasn't evil had an attack, then another should have been killed or at least attempted.

I think Doom is not Evil.

{Doom}

Assuming for just a moment that you did not attack Doom, then perhaps Doom should thank you -- had you not made those threats, Doom would not have expended energy and activated a Doombot. Doom would have died.

Doom still believes you are the cuprit, as no others would DARE threaten Doom as you did yesterday.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:20 PM   #1027
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
Mystique has been putting off one mother of a bad vibe for me since early yesterday.

[ooc]

I am trying to play within character because there are implied bonuses for doing so. If that wasn't the case, you would be seeing the kind of attitude that I am projecting from me.

I'm on the good side. Coming after me is a big mistake.[/ooc]

Fools.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:20 PM   #1028
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

[ooc] alan i'm around and ready to explain the cannonball choice [/ooc]
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 01:22 PM   #1029
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
{Doom}

Assuming for just a moment that you did not attack Doom, then perhaps Doom should thank you -- had you not made those threats, Doom would not have expended energy and activated a Doombot. Doom would have died.

Doom still believes you are the cuprit, as no others would DARE threaten Doom as you did yesterday.

This is a pretty arrogant comment. We're fighting one who believes in survival of the fittest and he thinks he is the fittest of them all. Of course there is someone out there willing to threaten you. Arrogant fool.

If you are to be believed, then you and I are fighting for the same side.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:23 PM   #1030
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

[ooc] Team SilverMoon's vote on Cannonball was more of a vote on Thomkal if that makes sense. It was a vote not based on his character, but based on the player. Blade put forth that Bonegavel or Thomkal were the kind of players he would choose for his team if he were evil, and having nothing better to go off of, we chose to all attack Thomkal as we felt that getting involved in the Ironman vs. Mutants First fracas was a bad idea and wouldn't help us figure anything out. [/ooc]
Old 01-19-2007, 01:26 PM   #1031
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
(Wolverine)

I swear on the life of the wife I think I had that I did not attack Doom last night.

I hope if you have a girlfriend or wife in real life your memory is somewhat better than this.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 01:27 PM   #1032
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
This is a pretty arrogant comment. We're fighting one who believes in survival of the fittest and he thinks he is the fittest of them all. Of course there is someone out there willing to threaten you. Arrogant fool.

If you are to be believed, then you and I are fighting for the same side.

Speak to Doom without permission again ... lackeys are asked to speak, and know not to speak to their betters.

Having said that, Doom does not believe you to be a Horsemen. Doom believes many have attacked you without due cause, and that gives me pause.

You ARE an insolent worm, but I do not believe you to be a Horsemen.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:28 PM   #1033
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
And while I am doing an excellent job of talking to myself...

There are 6 teams. At least one of which doesn't have a bad guy on it. If you were bad, would one of your goals be to try to spread across as many teams as possible? Ie: should we expect 4-5 of the teams to have Apocolypse or one of his horsemen?

If so, should some of the people we look at be those who did whatever maneuvering to shun certain teams while trying to join others? I might need someone with more comic book knowledge to help me here since I'm sure some formed for theme reasons. However I remember a few others seemed to specifically not want on one team and wanted on another for reasons I didn't understand at the time.

I think they probably spread out amongst the groups because if they were all or most in the same group, it'd be pretty easy to spot the -2 damage if they all chose the same person to attack. Certainly those who were hesitant to join teams or a specific team should be looked at.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 01:30 PM   #1034
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Speak to Doom without permission again ... lackeys are asked to speak, and know not to speak to their betters.

Having said that, Doom does not believe you to be a Horsemen. Doom believes many have attacked you without due cause, and that gives me pause.

You ARE an insolent worm, but I do not believe you to be a Horsemen.

(Professor X)

Doom, my friend, any thoughts on where our attention ought to be directed today. Aside from this bickering with Logan that is. Someone who attacked in the middle of the pile on Tony perhaps? Or as was suggested earlier, someone who did not vote, or someone who voted counter to their team? I am interested to hear your learned opinion.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:32 PM   #1035
Bonegavel

Quote:
{Doom}

(Wolverine)

Good choice of them to select you to kill first since it would stink to high heaven of me.

What are the chances that you setup your own doombot and then destroyed him yourself?

You are safe but it looks like I did it.

Was doombot sliced apart by these?

**holds up his balled fists in front of him like he is ready to fight. SNIKT! all 6 metal claws pop out**

Should be able to verify that Doomy. How was doombot destroyed?

Old 01-19-2007, 01:34 PM   #1036
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I think Doom is likely on the side of good.

He claims it was Wolverine. I think there's likely to be a better target. I would love for Mutants First to act in concert again and with Warpath having to leave it looks like that means we'll once again have to cast the first stone. There have been hours of discussion and it has not occurred. So when we once again seize the bull by the horns we will once again be criticized for acting rashly. What fools people can be.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 01:34 PM   #1037
Bonegavel

Quote:
I think they probably spread out amongst the groups because if they were all or most in the same group, it'd be pretty easy to spot the -2 damage if they all chose the same person to attack. Certainly those who were hesitant to join teams or a specific team should be looked at.

Good point, Bub.

Old 01-19-2007, 01:36 PM   #1038
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
I agree that they'd be spread out. That gives them the ability to negatively affect as many groups as possible when it interests them, as well as steer more groups towards the Twelve.

Also, since the Doombot looks like Doom (and therefore not a golden horse), have any of my fellow scholars determined the relevance of that horse? All my inquiries have failed to provide any leads into the matter, but it seems to be something of import,
Talgian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 01:36 PM   #1039
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I think Doom is likely on the side of good.

He claims it was Wolverine. I think there's likely to be a better target. I would love for Mutants First to act in concert again and with Warpath having to leave it looks like that means we'll once again have to cast the first stone. There have been hours of discussion and it has not occurred. So when we once again seize the bull by the horns we will once again be criticized for acting rashly. What fools people can be.

(Professor X)

Eric, I am here now to discuss with you, and Warpath if he returns, our best course of action.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:36 PM   #1040
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Wolverine, give it a rest. Just because a person's a twit doesn't make him a minion of Apocalypse. I think it's safe to say that doom should be cleared for the time being.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:37 PM   #1041
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I think it's quite possible that there are a couple of bad guys in one group but that the rest are spread out. It seems to obvious to group them ALL together.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:37 PM   #1042
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
(Professor X)

Eric, I am here now to discuss with you, and Warpath if he returns, our best course of action.
Thoughts on the day? You have acute mind and so I am hopeful you can shed light on our dilemma.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:39 PM   #1043
Bonegavel

Quote:
Wolverine, give it a rest. Just because a person's a twit doesn't make him a minion of Apocalypse. I think it's safe to say that doom should be cleared for the time being.

(Wolverine)

Whatever Maggy. I do agree on the twit part.

Just keep in mind it is possible for Doom to have destroyed his own Doombot to completely throw us off his trail.

Old 01-19-2007, 01:39 PM   #1044
Thomkal
Head Coach

(Cannonball)

"Ummm, Dr. Doom, Sir? Your Doom-bots look like you so they can serve as a decoy right? Where then is the Doom-bot debris? Ah only see some debris from a horse somethin' or other."
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 01:41 PM   #1045
SackAttack
Head Coach

Captain Britain, I see that you're around. What are your thoughts on how the Atlantic Alliance should proceed today, sir?
Old 01-19-2007, 01:43 PM   #1046
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Spiderman! I see you lurking. What direction do you thnk we should go today?
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 01:44 PM   #1047
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thoughts on the day? You have acute mind and so I am hopeful you can shed light on our dilemma.

(Professor X)

I believe Doom and Wolverine to both be on the side of good. I am not necessarily inclined to continue down the path of Cannonball being evil Eric. I also understand the suspiscions of those who believe that Hulk would make a powerful minion for Apocalypse, but I am not willing to condemm him on such hearsay. I would rather look towards those who joined the attack on Tony in the middle (preferably those who acted before the rest of their team or acted without their team). Barring that, not to bring LaResistance out in arms against me, but I would say that the actions of Captain Marvel have certainly at least raised my eyebrow. She seems to be quite the rabble-rouser and I would like her to explain her reasonings more, or cease and desist.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:44 PM   #1048
gi
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
Captain Britain, I see that you're around. What are your thoughts on how the Atlantic Alliance should proceed today, sir?

Captain Marvel throws me bad vibes. It seems we would be taking another shot in the dark if we selected another person to kill. That didn't work so well yesterday, even though Captain Marvel revels in being over proactive in actions. It would be nice to have more chap's weigh in on this. Maybe someone will let something slip. I firmly believe in Captain America's cause for good.
gi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 01:45 PM   #1049
Bonegavel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
Spiderman! I see you lurking. What direction do you thnk we should go today?

(Wolverine)

I know this wasn't directed at me sweetheart, but I vote for Magneto or Hulk.

Old 01-19-2007, 01:45 PM   #1050
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

[ooc] unless i am missing something and that's the character and LSG is playing in character real well [/ooc]