Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-02-2006, 09:51 AM   #1001
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I'm keeping my vote on Gramm then.

Yeah, I went through around 11:30 last night. Decided honking was .... bad.
Old 01-02-2006, 09:55 AM   #1002
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsguy
Coffee, can the duke still use his power to validate a vote rather than to overturn it and cast on someone else?

I am very curious about this as well.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 09:55 AM   #1003
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Good lord. Whole armada of posts. Gotta run some errands, and I'll post a current tally after that.

edit: And field questions to me that I see/can answer.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 01-02-2006 at 09:56 AM.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 10:04 AM   #1004
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Barkeep, I have zero idea where Blade has his vote at this point. Which is what I think he wanted at the end of the night. His last post seemed to indicate he was going after SnDvls.

that's what I got out of it as well.

well guys it looked like the stack was well against the demons/wolves in this one, but I'd be willing to bet with so many good roles that the demons have something up their sleve to help themselves out too. I wish I had more to offer besides St. C vouching for me 100%.

I guess to help everyone out my circle of trust is

St. C, Hoops, & WVU - I absolutly 100% trust these players in what they've said and done.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 10:20 AM   #1005
hoopsguy
General Manager

Gram, I would love to hear what your thoughts are on the weekend once you are caught up.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 10:23 AM   #1006
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

This is what I've got.

1 - st.cronin
1 - blade
1 - sndvls
1 - barkeep
4 - grammaticus
1 - TazFTW
1 - AE
Old 01-02-2006, 10:37 AM   #1007
Blade6119
Coordinator

I currently have it going to sun, and coffee confirmed i can validate a lynch without changing it if i wanted that person
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 10:37 AM   #1008
Blade6119
Coordinator

dola, good morning and how long till the deadline? i hate timezones
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:38 AM   #1009
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
dola, good morning and how long till the deadline? i hate timezones

Noon CST, so roughly an hour and a half.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:39 AM   #1010
Barkeep49
Coordinator

1 hour 22 minutes according to my clock.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:39 AM   #1011
Blade6119
Coordinator

Damn, then i could have woken up at 10 and been fine...grrrrr
Demotivation
Old 01-02-2006, 10:42 AM   #1012
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Blade I would encourage you not to be a hero. I think you're making a large mistake by going for Sn.

You stated earlier you were uneasy because no one was defending Gram. I think people have defended gram by voting for other people and hoping something would take. Look at how many different people have votes. Further, they don't really need to defend him against votes when you could just change it unilaterally. I still am gravely suspicous about Taz, but to show my good faith and try and nudge you, I'm going to unvote Taz and vote for Gram.

Unvote Taz
Old 01-02-2006, 10:43 AM   #1013
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Vote Grammaticus

In the hopes that Blade will duke him.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:43 AM   #1014
Blade6119
Coordinator

I might go lie down for another 20 minutes or so, but since gramat is now here i expect a defense from him for why he should be lynched...I have been lenient with him since i havent seen him around at all, not just not posting...since he is here now he needs to speak up or i will swap it back
Demotivation
Old 01-02-2006, 10:45 AM   #1015
Blade6119
Coordinator

dola, why he shouldnt be lynched*

People are calling him a demon, and i would think he would like to defend himself
Demotivation
Old 01-02-2006, 10:46 AM   #1016
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

If I read right, the deadline is in about 15 minutes. I cannot read the last 4 pages and still communiate with posts. So I will post this and then start letting you know what I think.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 10:46 AM   #1017
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
I currently have it going to sun, and coffee confirmed i can validate a lynch without changing it if i wanted that person

That's a mistake. Nobody has cleared Gram, Gram hasn't posted since I voted for him, and you seem to believe that I am not a demon. So why lynch Sun? Whatever you think my motivations are (and they are entirely human, I assure you), Sun is a human and Gram is a demon. Lynch somebody else; lynch me if you think I'm playing you; do *not* lynch Sun.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 10:49 AM   #1018
SnDvls
Pro Starter

I hope this helps Blade trust me since he seems to have all the power and wants me dead.

UNVOTE BLADE
Old 01-02-2006, 10:49 AM   #1019
SnDvls
Pro Starter

VOTE GRAMMATICUS
Old 01-02-2006, 10:51 AM   #1020
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Not sure why everyone wants to blindly believe St. Cronin. He does not know anything. If you lynch me, you are wasting a lynch. Don't do it, I'm a Human.

I think we are far better lynching Blade to see if he is full of crap. He revelead his role way too early. He did not have his neck in the noose, he made the reveal to try and look too strong to lynch. As long as we all beleive he can change the lynch, he hold power over all of us. Call his b/s bluff.

VOTE BLADE6199

It has a higher chance of being a demon and covering himself with a sheild. "Dont' vote me or I many Duke you".
Old 01-02-2006, 10:51 AM   #1021
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Gram you still have another hour, if you see this.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:51 AM   #1022
Blade6119
Coordinator

Its hard for me to explain my motivations without saying too much, but i think elementals want the druid/warlock alive...so if a person was an elemental, he would do everything necessary to keep those two roles alive. I may be quite far off, as it takes a few liberties and assumes my idea for elemental winning condition includes needing both the druid/warlock alive as long as possible. But under that view i see sun as the warlock, hence where im looking right now.
Demotivation
Old 01-02-2006, 10:54 AM   #1023
hoopsguy
General Manager

The game certainly would be easier for us if we understood the victory conditions for the elementals, no doubt about it.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:54 AM   #1024
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus
Not sure why everyone wants to blindly believe St. Cronin. He does not know anything. If you lynch me, you are wasting a lynch. Don't do it, I'm a Human.

I think we are far better lynching Blade to see if he is full of crap. He revelead his role way too early. He did not have his neck in the noose, he made the reveal to try and look too strong to lynch. As long as we all beleive he can change the lynch, he hold power over all of us. Call his b/s bluff.

VOTE BLADE6199

It has a higher chance of being a demon and covering himself with a sheild. "Dont' vote me or I many Duke you".
LOL, wow...im actually let down that that is all you have...im going to duke either you or sun right now, regardless of who gets how ever many votes...im really dissapointed you went that route in defense, didnt really hint at any good role...i expected at least an attempt to save yourself...i swear, its like sun and gramat both hate me and keep asking for me to kill them
Demotivation
Old 01-02-2006, 10:55 AM   #1025
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

I also have suspected Hoopguy, he and Blade have bantered back and forth showing an underlying distrust for each other, but not really doing anything about it. Plus on post 824 hoopsguy made a fruedian slip and I believe admitted he is a demon:

Hoopsguy in post 824 Ugh - villager willing to die is always nasty in these games, but particularly in one where demons are in as strong position as we are right now.**sorry can't get the quote wrap to work.

Last edited by Grammaticus : 01-02-2006 at 10:55 AM.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:58 AM   #1026
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Its hard for me to explain my motivations without saying too much, but i think elementals want the druid/warlock alive...so if a person was an elemental, he would do everything necessary to keep those two roles alive. I may be quite far off, as it takes a few liberties and assumes my idea for elemental winning condition includes needing both the druid/warlock alive as long as possible. But under that view i see sun as the warlock, hence where im looking right now.

Clumsy post ... be careful, you're going to win the game for the demons.

knives out
Old 01-02-2006, 11:02 AM   #1027
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
LOL, wow...im actually let down that that is all you have...im going to duke either you or sun right now, regardless of who gets how ever many votes...im really dissapointed you went that route in defense, didnt really hint at any good role...i expected at least an attempt to save yourself...i swear, its like sun and gramat both hate me and keep asking for me to kill them
What are you talking about, you have gone back and forth without any good reason for lynching anyone. They you come out with a reveal when you don't need too and start telling everyone if they do not do it your way, you will kill them. If you really have that role or not, you will just not use and try to milk it for survival as long as you can, ensuring the demons have a player into the later stages of the game. It is actually pretty good strategy as everyone is afraid of you now. It is a good route and has lasting power.
Old 01-02-2006, 11:07 AM   #1028
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
Clumsy post ... be careful, you're going to win the game for the demons.

Not if sun is the warlock...if hes not, i dont know where he is...so if hes not a wolf hes not a real threat to the wolves...Not sure how that helps the demons other then let them know how wrong my views prob. are. Option C is im dead on and you dont want sun dying, becuase he is one of those roles
Demotivation
Old 01-02-2006, 11:07 AM   #1029
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm feeling better about lynching Gram at this point than when he was silent.
Old 01-02-2006, 11:10 AM   #1030
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
What are you talking about, you have gone back and forth without any good reason for lynching anyone. They you come out with a reveal when you don't need too and start telling everyone if they do not do it your way, you will kill them. If you really have that role or not, you will just not use and try to milk it for survival as long as you can, ensuring the demons have a player into the later stages of the game. It is actually pretty good strategy as everyone is afraid of you now. It is a good route and has lasting power.
It really doesnt, as the wolves would eliminate me if they were smart if I didnt use it...other games, like X-com have seen the entire game decided by a lynch vote duke change. The role is key late in the game, which is why im not happy using it today before i have anyone dead in my sights...but after today we should know a lot more about whos lying(and i will use it today to prove to everyone im good despite not wanting too). And with your comments im now back to 50-50% on who to kill. The smartest thing sun did all game was play it conservative just a few moments ago, and the dumbest thing you did was your last two or three comments...before you made then sun was gonna die...now im back to considering swapping
Demotivation
Old 01-02-2006, 11:12 AM   #1031
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Not if sun is the warlock...if hes not, i dont know where he is...so if hes not a wolf hes not a real threat to the wolves...Not sure how that helps the demons other then let them know how wrong my views prob. are. Option C is im dead on and you dont want sun dying, becuase he is one of those roles

You're not thinking through all the implications. You think you know my role, but you don't. It is essential that Sun not be lynched TODAY. It is essential that Gram be lynched TODAY. Even if you think they are both wolves, moving on Sun has to wait.

knives out
Old 01-02-2006, 11:12 AM   #1032
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'm feeling better about lynching Gram at this point than when he was silent.

it doesn't seem like it matters as Blade is pretty much screwing the villagers by changing the lynch to me.

I feel like in the x-com game where I was refused water. I was good then I'm good now. At least in that game I died for a cause and the villagers won. The demons have something up and we are screwed. Thanks for nothing. Let's get this over with. CW, is it time yet?
Old 01-02-2006, 11:14 AM   #1033
Blade6119
Coordinator

as a gauge, outside of barkeep who wants me to use it to validate gramat even if he is already dying instead of saving it and hoping they attack a far more leathal role tonight? Im interested in hearing everyones view, as ive already had 2 PMs sent to coffee with changes in who i am to duke, and am considering a third
Demotivation
Old 01-02-2006, 11:15 AM   #1034
hoopsguy
General Manager

Yep, when SnDlvs posted his trust list it includes three guys I know are not demons (me, Cronin, and WVU who used his power). Good play by him no matter which side he is on.

I know that we want Blade to use his power to prove his Duke-ness, but I'm not 100% convinced I want it spent here even if it means we have to continue worrying about him for another day.

The demons have plenty of candidates to pursue tonight, Blade would be an unlikely selection. And I'm not convinced I'll be as certain about our play tomorrow.

Wicked thought of the moment - what if one of the players with a resurrection power is actually a necromancer or something like that? That they raise a player who then returns as a demon. Probably just my wild imagination ...
Old 01-02-2006, 11:19 AM   #1035
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I don't need Blade to validate himself with the duke role, personally -- I believe him as it is.
Passacaglia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 11:21 AM   #1036
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls
it doesn't seem like it matters as Blade is pretty much screwing the villagers by changing the lynch to me.

I feel like in the x-com game where I was refused water. I was good then I'm good now. At least in that game I died for a cause and the villagers won. The demons have something up and we are screwed. Thanks for nothing. Let's get this over with. CW, is it time yet?

I swear, its like Sun's role is piss off blade...and pissing me off right as i am planning to move it off you is not smart...Hell, maybe i should kill you just to spite you since you seem to think thats been my goal this whole game. God damn, you and gramat are like competing to see who can piss me off the most...
Demotivation
Old 01-02-2006, 11:24 AM   #1037
hoopsguy
General Manager

LOL, at this point I would like to follow Cronin's lead. Gram's response makes me very suspicious of him and I'm less so of SnDvls even if he is getting under your skin.

Obviously your call, but I would recommend letting the village lynch Gram today and plan on being around tomorrow to re-visit lynch decisions since demons will be hard-pressed to justify attacking you with other prominent roles out there.
Old 01-02-2006, 11:26 AM   #1038
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
LOL, at this point I would like to follow Cronin's lead. Gram's response makes me very suspicious of him and I'm less so of SnDvls even if he is getting under your skin.

Obviously your call, but I would recommend letting the village lynch Gram today and plan on being around tomorrow to re-visit lynch decisions since demons will be hard-pressed to justify attacking you with other prominent roles out there.

Solid reasoning. I really hope the demons don't go for you tonight, hoops. Your logic has been sound.

knives out
Old 01-02-2006, 11:27 AM   #1039
path12
Coordinator

I find it odd that Barkeep is so insistent that Blade use his power up.
Old 01-02-2006, 11:27 AM   #1040
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
2 VOTES I WAIT ON MY ROLE: PASS, HOOPS
1 VOTE I USE IT TO VALIDATE GRAMAT: BARKEEP

As of now i might let gramat die without validating then..id like to hear more views
Demotivation
Old 01-02-2006, 11:29 AM   #1041
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Blade - this isn't ment to piss you off

I say use it for several reasons.

1) it validates Gram or not
2) it validates you or not
3) it validates St. C or not
4) it validates me or not

that's 4 people if you use it it gives us a good read on the numbers out there and left too.

anyhow I'm waiting for the lynch from here on out and not posting until after then
Old 01-02-2006, 11:31 AM   #1042
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12
I find it odd that Barkeep is so insistent that Blade use his power up.
Every 100% good villager makes it that much easier to track down demons.
Old 01-02-2006, 11:33 AM   #1043
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls
Blade - this isn't ment to piss you off

I say use it for several reasons.

1) it validates Gram or not
2) it validates you or not
3) it validates St. C or not
4) it validates me or not

that's 4 people if you use it it gives us a good read on the numbers out there and left too.

anyhow I'm waiting for the lynch from here on out and not posting until after then

If i dont use it we still get 1,3,4...thats the key...if i save it, gramat is good, then tomorrow i can duke one of you...if hes bad, we can go after taz or barkeep. And that post was wonderful, not attacking in any way...
Demotivation
Old 01-02-2006, 11:33 AM   #1044
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Okay, what is suspicious about me. The only thing any of you are going on is St. Cronins cryptic "you MUST lynch Gramm tonight". Remember the Robert Frost poem and Blades ponderings a few pages back. Taking the easy route usually does not pan out. I'd say I'm the easy route and huge bandwagon with nothing behind it.

Blade, you keep saying you are going to Duke someone right NOW. Can you make a kill before the lynch or night? And if you want to Duke me, you go right ahead, I am not afraid of you or anyone else. In fact, I don't think you can Duke anyone. You are more than likely a fibbing Demon trying to terrorize everyone else and Hoopsguy is definatley helping you. Or maybe you guys are in some secret society together. Not sure, but you are not on the up and up.
Old 01-02-2006, 11:34 AM   #1045
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
If i dont use it we still get 1,3,4...thats the key...if i save it, gramat is good, then tomorrow i can duke one of you...if hes bad, we can go after taz or barkeep. And that post was wonderful, not attacking in any way...

As the vote stands now yes, I was more thinking if there was a quick switch off Gram.
Old 01-02-2006, 11:36 AM   #1046
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Okay, what is suspicious about me. The only thing any of you are going on is St. Cronins cryptic "you MUST lynch Gramm tonight". Remember the Robert Frost poem and Blades ponderings a few pages back. Taking the easy route usually does not pan out. I'd say I'm the easy route and huge bandwagon with nothing behind it.

Blade, you keep saying you are going to Duke someone right NOW. Can you make a kill before the lynch or night? And if you want to Duke me, you go right ahead, I am not afraid of you or anyone else. In fact, I don't think you can Duke anyone. You are more than likely a fibbing Demon trying to terrorize everyone else and Hoopsguy is definatley helping you. Or maybe you guys are in some secret society together. Not sure, but you are not on the up and up.
When i say now, i mean in 20 minutes when the deadline is over...i find it odd in the first part of your response, you cite all of my defense of you all night(the only person doing it)...then in the second half you call me a demon...im glad you know who your real enemies are in this one gramat
Demotivation
Old 01-02-2006, 11:37 AM   #1047
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
How does not using it and lynching me validate anyone other than myself? Everyone else can still be lying. Also, using it only validates me and Blade, the other two can still be full of crap.
Old 01-02-2006, 11:41 AM   #1048
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
How does not using it and lynching me validate anyone other than myself? Everyone else can still be lying. Also, using it only validates me and Blade, the other two can still be full of crap.
if you are bad, then cronin and sun are good, as in this situation a wolf wouldnt give up a wolf...if your good, then cronin was lying and he and sun are bad...makes it quite clear if you ask me. And if your good, and cronin is bad, then hoops and dubb are lying too
Demotivation
Old 01-02-2006, 11:41 AM   #1049
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
When i say now, i mean in 20 minutes when the deadline is over...i find it odd in the first part of your response, you cite all of my defense of you all night(the only person doing it)...then in the second half you call me a demon...im glad you know who your real enemies are in this one gramat
Blade, you bounce all over the place. In one post you defend, then you unvote and go somewhere else. This is an effort to make it hard to link you to anyone.

I don't know if you are a demon or not, but you are not to be trusted. It is way to early in the game for you to know anything and the role you told us you have does not give you a chance to view anyone.
Old 01-02-2006, 11:41 AM   #1050
hoopsguy
General Manager

Blade, we need to change the secret society handshake - they are on to us!

Nothing more sinister here than two players who have some time on their hands and have played a few games together trying to hammer things out. If Blade has me duped with a fake duke, then bravo to him on a role well played. I expect he would say the same thing to me, but I'm betting at the end of the game we'll see that both of us are villagers looking to put some significant pressure on the demons through extended analysis.