Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-14-2006, 11:26 AM   #1001
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Don't be surprised to see a late rush to try and get me lynched since the baddies know I won't be online to defend myself and that I have focused attention on one of their own.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 11:27 AM   #1002
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
I have to get ready to leave for work in a minute.

To recap:
bodies with bloody messages from the Revs = Rev kills.
bodies with no messages = Pilkington kills.
I have no idea why there was no Rev kill night two but have put forth my 2 possible reasons: either it was on purpose to try and show Pilkington as dead when he isn't or it was a bodyguard block.
I have 4 people I don't trust, hoops is A #1 and he should be taken out today before he can do anymore damage to the farm.

I won't be online until 11PM EST at the earliest after I get home from work.

Thanks for carrying to torch why i was taking some time off. Ill be happy to take the torch back and fight the good fight. Ill do my best to keep us alive and them dead. Have a good one mate
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 11:27 AM   #1003
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Short of seeing two night kills, or having information from both dead-seers reveal that they have not viewed Pilkington, I'm probably not going to change my stance on this. I'm certainly not changing it because you are telling me this.

You are suggesting that the wolves are acting in a manner that slows their end game. I don't buy it. Period, end of story. If you believe that makes me evil then be prepared to deal with the consequences for this at some later point in the game.

Oooh I love it when you threaten me...

It is just as likely to be a bodyguard block as I've said numerous times, you continue to ignore that since it doesn't help your evil cause.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:29 AM   #1004
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
Thanks for carrying to torch why i was taking some time off. Ill be happy to take the torch back and fight the good fight. Ill do my best to keep us alive and them dead. Have a good one mate

Thanks.

I'm off to work.

To the baddies. Even if you kill me at lynch somehow or tonight you won't be getting anyone of importance which means another day of the seers and BG being alive. Think that I'm making a smoke screen if you want, it would only help the farm's cause.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:29 AM   #1005
hoopsguy
General Manager

Blade, Brian - if you guys have specific questions for me I'll try to answer them. I would obviously prefer not to be accumulating votes.

I am certain that no one has put in more effort than me up to this point to try and help the Farm win this game. So it obviously is very frustrating to see us moving in a direction that hinders our ability to win the game and removes me from it.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 11:31 AM   #1006
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Let's step back...does it REALLY matter whether Pilkington is alive?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 11:31 AM   #1007
hoopsguy
General Manager

Chubby, unless I'm put in a you-or-"proved villager" situation today I will not be voting for you.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:31 AM   #1008
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Blade, as long as we are both around for a couple of minutes - what are your thoughts on Passacaglia and AlanT up to this point in the game? Let's see if we can act like we are on the same side for a few minutes here while I work through some of my own suspicions.

You voted for pass that day, but then never mentioned alan again after that. I took this as you wanted to get my thoughts on a random person and your co-conspirator. To know how close i was to you guys, which is why i avoided the question like the plague.

Any other reason you brought Alan up then?
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:31 AM   #1009
hoopsguy
General Manager

Pass, it matters big-time. If he is alive the bad guys can implement their end game more quickly because they accumulate multiple kills every three nights.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:32 AM   #1010
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Guys... if Blade is pushing so hard for hoops to be lynched, it can't be a good thing.. don't fall into his trap.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 11:32 AM   #1011
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Let's step back...does it REALLY matter whether Pilkington is alive?

Much like the rule changes, im of the opinion its just a distraction. Note who initially put forth both ideas...
Demotivation
Old 09-14-2006, 11:33 AM   #1012
hoopsguy
General Manager

Blade, I think you know that if I was a bad guy I would not put myself in a position where I was so easily tied with a fellow conspirator.

I asked about Alan because he seemed to be fairly agreeable to ideas I was floating. I've seen him butter you up in previous games and I wondered if you thought he was doing that with me.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:34 AM   #1013
Passacaglia
Coordinator

My two cents, from reading everything from 5 PM until now in two large blocks -- I think you all have good intentions, but are pointing fingers at each other too much, leaving the Revs to fly under the radar. Why not talk about someone who's done that, who's in this thread right now -- GoldenEagle?
Old 09-14-2006, 11:34 AM   #1014
hoopsguy
General Manager

Blade, we are playing the game essentially blind with no reveals of day or night kills. There have to be some ways to gain information in the game. Otherwise, we are screwed if we lose one or two roles early in the game.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:35 AM   #1015
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Much like the rule changes, im of the opinion its just a distraction. Note who initially put forth both ideas...

I agree. My opinion is that we don't worry about it, and certainly not base votes on whether or not another player believe he is or isn't dead.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:35 AM   #1016
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

It is funny how Blade is so against any idea for the villagers to try to accumulate information...

The one thing thats said over and over game after game is the way the villagers win is through information.

He was against us trying to form circles of trust in a way that won't reveal any of our important roles.

He doesn't want us to try to figure out which dead people were bad or not to judge voting patterns..

All Blade wants is for people to listen to him and vote his vote of the day... Without information thats all we have... I pray people don't follow this.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:37 AM   #1017
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Pass, it matters big-time. If he is alive the bad guys can implement their end game more quickly because they accumulate multiple kills every three nights.

Does it matter so much that it should affect how we vote? Or, better put, let's say we all did agree that he either was dead or wasn't dead -- how would this change the way you think we should play?
Old 09-14-2006, 11:38 AM   #1018
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Blade, we are playing the game essentially blind with no reveals of day or night kills. There have to be some ways to gain information in the game. Otherwise, we are screwed if we lose one or two roles early in the game.

We are screwed, your in heaven wolf. Bek all but told us his role...he hinted at it during the game, and then at the deadline and right after it before the tie he all but gave it away. YOU cost us one of our major roles.

But like you said, there has to be ways to get information...and oh boy did yesterdays lynch to that. I cant imagine you expected lynching him would cause you all these problems, but thats WW
Demotivation
Old 09-14-2006, 11:40 AM   #1019
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
We are screwed, your in heaven wolf. Bek all but told us his role...he hinted at it during the game, and then at the deadline and right after it before the tie he all but gave it away. YOU cost us one of our major roles.

But like you said, there has to be ways to get information...and oh boy did yesterdays lynch to that. I cant imagine you expected lynching him would cause you all these problems, but thats WW

Back to those hints...since it was so long ago, I didn't press it, but how does talking about eating corn and hay and drinking from a trough equate with dropping a hint of his role?
Old 09-14-2006, 11:40 AM   #1020
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
It is funny how Blade is so against any idea for the villagers to try to accumulate information...

The one thing thats said over and over game after game is the way the villagers win is through information.

He was against us trying to form circles of trust in a way that won't reveal any of our important roles.

He doesn't want us to try to figure out which dead people were bad or not to judge voting patterns..

All Blade wants is for people to listen to him and vote his vote of the day... Without information thats all we have... I pray people don't follow this.
ONE OF THE SEERS SPENT ALL DAY ARGUING AGAINST YOUR PLAN YESTERDAY....how do you expect me then to be like, ok, thats a good idea...?
Demotivation
Old 09-14-2006, 11:44 AM   #1021
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Back to those hints...since it was so long ago, I didn't press it, but how does talking about eating corn and hay and drinking from a trough equate with dropping a hint of his role?

2 comments near the lynch. One, when it looked certain he was dead with 2 minutes to go(he was up 3 votes when id assume he started typing based on average typing speed), and another after lynch. He seemed desperate to reveal something before he died, but didnt after he found out the tie might not kill him. What bad guy tries to do a role reveal 2 minutes, or even right after, the lynch?
2 mintues to go and all but dead when i assume he started typing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bek View Post
i think it is useless for me to continue fighting...you have killed a villager tonight...i will come out with the information that i have at this point...
shortly after the deadline:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bek View Post
im I considered in limbo...can i still discuss things???
Demotivation
Old 09-14-2006, 11:45 AM   #1022
hoopsguy
General Manager

Blade, you are making a big leap assuming Bek was a seer. If he was, he definitely should have tried harder to save himself yesterday. I was around, I was trying to have him actually participate in a game, he gave me very little to work with, and I still unvoted him. The fact that I didn't swing it to Greyroofoo doesn't mean that I wasn't trying to save Bek, it means I was putting my vote in a place where I felt we took the least amount of damage - on an inactive player in AE.

The biggest problems Bek's lynch has caused me is that I have to spend an inordinate amount of time trying to talk people into not making a mistake with their vote today.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:45 AM   #1023
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
ONE OF THE SEERS SPENT ALL DAY ARGUING AGAINST YOUR PLAN YESTERDAY....how do you expect me then to be like, ok, thats a good idea...?

If he was a seer against the plan, then by all means he didn't have to follow along with it, but the way people just follow in tow with anything you throw out without thinking through the options is just going to be doom for our village.

I didn't know he was a seer, I have no special power to know that.. and I guess Im just pretty dumb to have not caught the hint. If he had even said it at the end, I would have obviously moved my vote.. Sure he would be a night target, but thats far better than lynching him during the day.

I'm just disgusted that people won't work together to try to reason out ideas here. I've spent days trying to come up with some discussion and with the exception of a few people, most haven't done it.

That just leaves room open for you to come in and present your ideas as fact, and then say no one else had presented anything (even though I had put out a whole bunch of information about why I felt your wolf buddy BrianD was bad).

Unfortunatly today, once again I've put out the info why your wolfbuddy is bad, but I bet people will just follow you and we'll end up lynching another villager.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:45 AM   #1024
Blade6119
Coordinator

dola, if you take those and then look at his comments, he spent quite a bit of energy on the seer topic when it first came out. Which was a change of pace from his normal UTR style. So he must have had some reason, and when the lynch happened we found out.

Then going back and seeing his initial role comment, it connected all the dots for me
Demotivation
Old 09-14-2006, 11:48 AM   #1025
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Blade, you are making a big leap assuming Bek was a seer. If he was, he definitely should have tried harder to save himself yesterday. I was around, I was trying to have him actually participate in a game, he gave me very little to work with, and I still unvoted him. The fact that I didn't swing it to Greyroofoo doesn't mean that I wasn't trying to save Bek, it means I was putting my vote in a place where I felt we took the least amount of damage - on an inactive player in AE.

The biggest problems Bek's lynch has caused me is that I have to spend an inordinate amount of time trying to talk people into not making a mistake with their vote today.

What more could he have done but reveal his role? He fought that off until giving in with 2 minutes to go, but anxiety, who suprise suprise is now dead, saved him by creating a tie. Unfortunately, the tie didnt go the way the villagers needed it to. But his death earned me an ally in my views, and a 3rd and 4th suspect to add to my list of alan and hoops
Demotivation
Old 09-14-2006, 11:48 AM   #1026
Lorena
Unregistered

I have about 4 pages to catch up on and it seems there are questions about the rule changes. In case it hasn't been mentioned, here are a couple quotes from wikipedia:

Quote:
Napoleon begins to abuse his powers even more, and life on the farm becomes harder and harder for the rest of the animals; the pigs impose more and more controls on them while reserving privileges for themselves. The pigs rewrite history in a way that villainizes Snowball and glorifies Napoleon even further. Each step of this development is justified by the pig Squealer, who on several occasions alters the Seven Commandments on the barn in the dead of night — for example, "No animal shall drink alcohol" becomes "No animal shall drink alcohol to excess." The song "Beasts of England" is banned as inappropriate, now that the dream of Animal Farm has been realised, and is replaced by an anthem glorifying Napoleon, who begins to live more and more like a human. The animals, though cold, starving, and overworked, remain convinced that they are still better off than when they were ruled by Mr. Jones, the previous (human) owner of Manor Farm.

and if we ever get to this quote, we're in trouble:

Quote:
Many years pass, and the pigs learn to walk upright, carry whips, and wear clothes. The Seven Commandments are reduced to a single phrase: "ALL ANIMALS ARE EQUAL, BUT SOME ANIMALS ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS." Napoleon holds a dinner party for the pigs and the humans of the area (in the adjacent Foxwood Farm, run by Mr. Pilkington), who congratulate Napoleon on having the hardest-working animals in the country on the least feed. Napoleon announces his alliance with the humans, against the labouring classes of both "worlds."

Since the rules have changed twice, it means we got 2 good guys on accident (thanks for pointing it out AlanT).
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 11:48 AM   #1027
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Wow
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 11:48 AM   #1028
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I never saw that happening.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:49 AM   #1029
stevew
Hall Of Famer

interesting.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:50 AM   #1030
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
If he was a seer against the plan, then by all means he didn't have to follow along with it, but the way people just follow in tow with anything you throw out without thinking through the options is just going to be doom for our village.

I didn't know he was a seer, I have no special power to know that.. and I guess Im just pretty dumb to have not caught the hint. If he had even said it at the end, I would have obviously moved my vote.. Sure he would be a night target, but thats far better than lynching him during the day.

I'm just disgusted that people won't work together to try to reason out ideas here. I've spent days trying to come up with some discussion and with the exception of a few people, most haven't done it.

That just leaves room open for you to come in and present your ideas as fact, and then say no one else had presented anything (even though I had put out a whole bunch of information about why I felt your wolf buddy BrianD was bad).

Unfortunatly today, once again I've put out the info why your wolfbuddy is bad, but I bet people will just follow you and we'll end up lynching another villager.

Right now its basically me and chubby vs you, hoops, realdeal, and likely swaggs when he shows.

The rest are swing votes. Im doing everything i can to sway them, but you have the vote power right now. Your numbers are higher. And they get higher with every kill you guys dictate.
Demotivation
Old 09-14-2006, 11:52 AM   #1031
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Right now its basically me and chubby vs you, hoops, realdeal, and likely swaggs when he shows.

The rest are swing votes. Im doing everything i can to sway them, but you have the vote power right now. Your numbers are higher. And they get higher with every kill you guys dictate.

Why do you keep leaving out BrianD? Its obvious you two are working together?

I'm pretty convinced that Chubby is a misguided villager that you all have doing your work for you. If you manage to get hoops lynched, I'll still be coming after you two and not him.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:52 AM   #1032
hoopsguy
General Manager

Blade, I think you and Chubby are both suffering under a delusion that you have somehow wrapped up all the bad guys in one fell swoop here. I know you have not, as both of you are (mistakenly?) going after me today.

I don't know about the other parties you guys suspect - I don't have that information.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:53 AM   #1033
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
If he was a seer against the plan, then by all means he didn't have to follow along with it

I have to agree with this. If Bek were the seer, he should have just not said anything about it, and just not sent the PM until he felt like it.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:53 AM   #1034
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
If there are no objections, i think ill continue playing

*claps*
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 11:54 AM   #1035
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Why do you keep leaving out BrianD? Its obvious you two are working together?

I'm pretty convinced that Chubby is a misguided villager that you all have doing your work for you. If you manage to get hoops lynched, I'll still be coming after you two and not him.

Unlike chubby, i think brian is the 4th bad guy. I know swaggs is good, trust him fully...but brian is voting for hoops. I normally would include him in my side then, but obviously i didnt since i dont trust him. I trusted 1 person yesterday, Bek. Now the 1 person i trust is chubby, though pass(who suprise, hoops tried to kill already) is coming around it seems.
Demotivation
Old 09-14-2006, 11:55 AM   #1036
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I have to agree with this. If Bek were the seer, he should have just not said anything about it, and just not sent the PM until he felt like it.
Why not voice your opinions of the plan if you disagree? He obviously didnt want to, and all but told us, but it was also his way of telling moses not to. There were 2 people that plan affected, not just bek.
Demotivation
Old 09-14-2006, 11:56 AM   #1037
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Blade, I think you and Chubby are both suffering under a delusion that you have somehow wrapped up all the bad guys in one fell swoop here. I know you have not, as both of you are (mistakenly?) going after me today.

I don't know about the other parties you guys suspect - I don't have that information.

HOOPSGUY, ALANT, REALDEAL, BRIAND...theres your information.
Demotivation
Old 09-14-2006, 11:57 AM   #1038
RealDeal
High School Varsity

I don't know who my final vote will be for, but if there's two candidates and Blade and Chubby are voting for one, I will definitely be voting for the other.

We have no info, so anyone who's acting as sure of who's a wolf and who's not as they are is full of it.
RealDeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 11:57 AM   #1039
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Unlike chubby, i think brian is the 4th bad guy. I know swaggs is good, trust him fully...but brian is voting for hoops. I normally would include him in my side then, but obviously i didnt since i dont trust him. I trusted 1 person yesterday, Bek. Now the 1 person i trust is chubby, though pass(who suprise, hoops tried to kill already) is coming around it seems.

Seriously? But I'm *this* close to voting for you. I think you have designed this "Bek is a seer" ploy to dictate the lynchings yourselves. Generally, though, I suspect anyone who seems too sure of themselves.

As for hoops voting for me, I honestly don't have a problem. He probably knew that he was the #2 suspect on my list after Anxiety (who he trusted).
Old 09-14-2006, 11:59 AM   #1040
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealDeal View Post
I don't know who my final vote will be for, but if there's two candidates and Blade and Chubby are voting for one, I will definitely be voting for the other.

We have no info, so anyone who's acting as sure of who's a wolf and who's not as they are is full of it.

Beat me to it, I guess. Maybe their style of play is coming out now that we're into the midgame, but I don't see how simple accusations are helpful.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:59 AM   #1041
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Seriously? But I'm *this* close to voting for you. I think you have designed this "Bek is a seer" ploy to dictate the lynchings yourselves. Generally, though, I suspect anyone who seems too sure of themselves.

As for hoops voting for me, I honestly don't have a problem. He probably knew that he was the #2 suspect on my list after Anxiety (who he trusted).

If you want to lynch me, go ahead. If you want to lynch hoops, go ahead. The rest of this game will be dictated by trust and moses unless our real seer gets lucky(and isnt already dead). If im right about bek, we no longer find out anything about lynches. So you could kill both chubby and i and would have no idea how big of a mistake you made. You would just keep plugging away, as there would be nothing telling you we were good
Demotivation
Old 09-14-2006, 12:01 PM   #1042
RealDeal
High School Varsity

Wow, in a game with no role reveals, no seer info, and not even a reveal as to whether dead guys are good or evil, Blade and Chubby have successfully identified FOUR bad guys. Amazing! Game over. Why are we even hanging around here anymore? Path should just wrap this up right now.
Old 09-14-2006, 12:03 PM   #1043
hoopsguy
General Manager

RealDeal, I'm actually leaning the other way and thinking that people who act like they have all the answers are likely not wolves - that it just makes no sense to put yourself out there like that at this point in the game. But maybe Blade or Chubby are playing off this idea, as I did post it earlier.

The only way I can see someone having certainty about me is if they got a role reveal. In fact, I would love it if a Revolutionary would come gunning for me with a fake role reveal. But it is too risky to do this early in the game - the chances are good the role they would claim is still in the game and then they would be fighting both me and the person's role they claimed.

I'm willing to trade myself 1:1 with a Revolutionary in this game if that is what I need to do. The problem is that I'm not convinced that it is the Revolutionaries who are gunning for me ... just a couple of guys who have talked themselves way out on the ledge while gunning for me.
Old 09-14-2006, 12:06 PM   #1044
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

hoops, the only game I remember Blade bad in, was when he was bad with you. Both of you set yourselves up very publically against each other to give the other trust...

I don't buy it that Blade won't come out firing as a wolf.. I do find it very interesting how he is trying to distance himself from BrianD now after just this morning thanking him.
Old 09-14-2006, 12:06 PM   #1045
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealDeal View Post
Wow, in a game with no role reveals, no seer info, and not even a reveal as to whether dead guys are good or evil, Blade and Chubby have successfully identified FOUR bad guys. Amazing! Game over. Why are we even hanging around here anymore? Path should just wrap this up right now.

Let me make it clear..i think i have 2 bad guys, alan and hoops...you and brian are just suspects. Normally id sit back and try to slowly gain numbers, but i watched yesterday as the 2 top suspects for me going into yesterday were the 2 biggest reasons someone i believe was clover is now dead. Those 2 are on top of my list, by far, and the others i suspect have their own reaons:

Realdeal:Has supported hoops and alan, as well as voting with them...reason he is not as high as others is due to me wondering if hes doing it because he doesnt like me or actually is bad

BrianD:Chubby said some things, but the key for me is bek voted him the last 2 days. If he is who i think he was, thats reason enough to suspect him.
Demotivation
Old 09-14-2006, 12:06 PM   #1046
RealDeal
High School Varsity

Actually, I agree Hoops. Generally the guys like that are suck villagers, not wolves, although Blade has such a long history of this that when he is a wolf he could easily use that to his advantage.

My approach is that at a certain point, whether you are a suck villager or a skillful wolf, there is value to the villagers in eliminating players like that. At the end of the day a bad villager that wants to constantly drive bandwagons that result in pointless pk's is pretty valuable to the wolves.
Old 09-14-2006, 12:07 PM   #1047
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
hoops, the only game I remember Blade bad in, was when he was bad with you. Both of you set yourselves up very publically against each other to give the other trust...

I don't buy it that Blade won't come out firing as a wolf.. I do find it very interesting how he is trying to distance himself from BrianD now after just this morning thanking him.

When did i thank brian? I thanked chubby this morning
Demotivation
Old 09-14-2006, 12:10 PM   #1048
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Hey brian, thank you...i thought i was alone in my thoughts about these bad guys

Good enough?
Old 09-14-2006, 12:10 PM   #1049
hoopsguy
General Manager

Swaggs, I'm interested in your perspective on all of today's discussion. If you did get some information last night you could help a great deal with validating/refuting some of the theories out there.
Old 09-14-2006, 12:11 PM   #1050
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Good enough?

That comment is a typo, it should read chubby...its obvious after a night of chubby campaigning the same arguments i had i meant chubby. Sorry for the typo.
Demotivation