Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-07-2009, 09:57 AM   #1001
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD View Post
If we're talking current and not peak...

5. Warner
6. Ben
7. Eli
8. McNabb
9. Cutler
10. Palmer

Warner and Ben might be pushing it, but I certainly believe that Romo is better than the current versions on the bottom four on that list.

DeTox, when exactly did Parcells say that about Romo? Romo was his pet project...why would he spend as much time and energy on him as he did if he wasn't good enough to win?

Jeebs, I realize I'm not objective, but with the talent around him it is inexcusable that Romo hasn't won a playoff game.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 10:00 AM   #1002
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

I actually think Romo is a pretty damn good QB, but his inability to play well down the stretch is a HUGE problem and would lead me, in this thought experiment, to take quite a few others who I don't think are as talented.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:02 AM   #1003
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
Crabtree is already SLOTTED to get a deal worth more than any man deserves to play a sport.

I disagree completely. With the amount of revenue the pro sports bring in it's only fair that the top players make as much as they do. Now Crabtree is a rookie and hasn't proven anything, but for proven stars I think it makes sense for them to bring home the big bucks. The NFL's system for rookie contracts is the main culprit here, they should learn something from the NBA.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 10:14 AM   #1004
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs2 View Post
I actually think Romo is a pretty damn good QB, but his inability to play well down the stretch is a HUGE problem and would lead me, in this thought experiment, to take quite a few others who I don't think are as talented.

I agree, but by Jeebs' logic Romo is the 4th best QB behind Brees, Brady and Peyton.

I think that's insanity.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:39 AM   #1005
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Meh, I think any person has the right to attempt to maximize their earning potential, as long as they don't do anything illegal in the process. Fans also have a right to be pissed that their team wastes a lot of their cap on unproven talent, or their team doesn't get to use the talent they drafted because said talent is a whiny bitch, etc.... It's all valid.

Having said that, it seems to me the root cause of the problem is rookie contracts escalating to the point where there's more and more rookies each year who will earn, as unproven talent, considerably more than proven talent at their positions. There's a cognitive disconnect there that, in turn, pisses people off.

It's worth noting that some teams (NE being the obvious example) circumvent the entire situation by placing a number on talent and drafting accordingly.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 10:57 AM   #1006
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
But, really, how can you blame a guy for trying to get all you can, especially in a sport like football, without guarenteed contracts. If you had leverage at your work, you wouldn't try to play hardball?

I have no problem with trying to get all that you can, but my company would laugh at me as they were pushing me out the door if I pulled the shit these pro athletes try. They really have no clue how fortunate they are to be making the kind of money they make.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 10:59 AM   #1007
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

You aren't in the same situation as them, so applying what your circumstances are to theirs makes no sense.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:00 AM   #1008
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaGoth View Post
I have no problem with trying to get all that you can, but my company would laugh at me as they were pushing me out the door if I pulled the shit these pro athletes try.

If you were one of the top ten performers at your role in the world they wouldn't.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:01 AM   #1009
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter of Foo View Post
Um, why? I do not understand how people get upset at players trying to maximize the amount they get paid. Most get two contracts max and the average NFL "career" is 3 years.

One, because these guys make more in one contract than most of us will ever see in a lifetime. Two, they went to college, often on a athletic scholarship, thus they should have other marketable skills after their "3 year career" in the NFL. Let's see, no college loans to repay, millions of dollars made from playing a sport, what bills/debts should they realistically have?

Sorry, neither players nor owners will get any sympathy from me.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:03 AM   #1010
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs2 View Post
You aren't in the same situation as them, so applying what your circumstances are to theirs makes no sense.

Then how should I compare my situation? Am I supposed to worship them because they are good at a game? As I said, I have no problem with them making money, but they should earn it. A graduate fresh out of college does not normally make the same money as a person doing the same job for many years. Why should it be any different for an athlete?
Old 08-07-2009, 11:04 AM   #1011
molson
General Manager

Going after what you think you can get is perfectly fine, but it's also perfectly fine for fans to root against obnoxious behavior.

Same as in any other field. If a lawyer quits a law firm over money because he thinks he's all that, and he never gets back to that level, we take a lot of glee in that. That lawyer had a good thing going and he stupidly blew it. We hate stupid people that aren't aware of how good they have it.

If Crabtree gets more money out of this, good for him. He's made a decision that this tantrum will be more valuable to him than any lost popularity/holding out might cost him. I'll root for him to fail though.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 11:04 AM   #1012
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
If you were one of the top ten performers at your role in the world they wouldn't.

That's the issue, Crabtree (or any draftee for that matter) isn't a top ten performer. He may be in a few years...or he may not be. But the niners have to buck up to find out which one he is.
johnnyshaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 11:05 AM   #1013
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
One, because these guys make more in one contract than most of us will ever see in a lifetime. Two, they went to college, often on a athletic scholarship, thus they should have other marketable skills after their "3 year career" in the NFL. Let's see, no college loans to repay, millions of dollars made from playing a sport, what bills/debts should they realistically have?

Sorry, neither players nor owners will get any sympathy from me.

Sorry, you're a whiny fuck - you're not good enough to earn that kind of money, so the "more than we see in a lifetime" crap doesn't fly. Should I get $20M to act in a movie even though I don't like Brad Pitt? And again, the team has every choice not to pay that money; I don't see how it affects you, other than pure jealousy.
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 11:07 AM   #1014
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapshoot View Post
Sorry, you're a whiny fuck - you're not good enough to earn that kind of money, so the "more than we see in a lifetime" crap doesn't fly. Should I get $20M to act in a movie even though I don't like Brad Pitt? And again, the team has every choice not to pay that money; I don't see how it affects you, other than pure jealousy.

I guess you win.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:09 AM   #1015
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Then how should I compare my situation? Am I supposed to worship them because they are good at a game? As I said, I have no problem with them making money, but they should earn it. A graduate fresh out of college does not normally make the same money as a person doing the same job for many years. Why should it be any different for an athlete?

Uhhh, you're not supposed to compare your situation. If you had the skills in any field comparable to the skills they have in football you'd be making a lot more. No offense meant, same rules apply to me.

And a graduate fresh out of college would easily make the same money as a person doing it for many years if a company felt they would get the same level of production out of the fresh out of college person, which is exactly the thought process behind the money these guys get.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:10 AM   #1016
larrymcg421
Head Coach

The crazy thing about Romo is that if he has a great postseason next year and won the Superbowl, everyone would forget all the other times he choked. I mean, look at Favre. He wins it once in long, long career and that somehow validates everything. If he didn't win it that year, he would be labeled a choker that "didn't have what it takes to win."

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner

Last edited by larrymcg421 : 08-07-2009 at 11:10 AM.
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 11:15 AM   #1017
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyshaka View Post
That's the issue, Crabtree (or any draftee for that matter) isn't a top ten performer. He may be in a few years...or he may not be. But the niners have to buck up to find out which one he is.

There's still plenty of examples of employers paying a lot for "potential" top performers. The top 1% of Ivy League law schools getting $125,000 in starting salary at top law firms in New York comes to mind.

The "problem" (if there is one) is that, as I see it, a combination of a very limited pool of potential top performers, the incredible potential reward for signing a player who becomes a game-changing top performer, and a certain desperation on behalf of some franchises to get those top performers, has led to a situation where (to use the analogy), the law school grads are getting paid as much or more than the partners.

I really think this is going to be a temporary situation. Let's be honest, it's only recently that the rookie salaries have inflated to this level. I can't imagine that a lot of players are happy with the situation (especially the vast majority who don't get these contracts) as, for one, it tends to leave less money in the salary cap pot for them. Assuming a salary cap is here to stay, I'd have to think that the Union will eventually settle for a formal, set, and non-negotiable rookie pay scale.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:16 AM   #1018
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

He hasn't proven that he is yet though. For all we know he could be a total bust and be cut in training camp.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 11:17 AM   #1019
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Quote:
has led to a situation where (to use the analogy), the law school grads are getting paid as much or more than the partners

To continue waterboarding this analogy, if we knew that the partners would become worse and worse after say the 5th or 6th year, and unable to practice law after 10, then the fact that young lawyers are so attractive would make a hell of a lot of sense.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:28 AM   #1020
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
There's still plenty of examples of employers paying a lot for "potential" top performers. The top 1% of Ivy League law schools getting $125,000 in starting salary at top law firms in New York comes to mind.

How high do you think a guy making that salary ranks in terms of salary among NY lawyers? Probably nowhere near as high as Crabtree will rank among WRs if the niners give in.
johnnyshaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 11:31 AM   #1021
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
The crazy thing about Romo is that if he has a great postseason next year and won the Superbowl, everyone would forget all the other times he choked. I mean, look at Favre. He wins it once in long, long career and that somehow validates everything. If he didn't win it that year, he would be labeled a choker that "didn't have what it takes to win."

I was just going to bring up Peyton Manning, who before his Super Bowl win was labeled a choker for numerous playoff losses.

Romo has been a good bit like his idol (Favre) in his career...makes a lot of positive plays to move the offense and score, but also a lot of negative plays (21 turnovers last season, in 13 games no less). There are few flawless QBs in the league. I would say Romo hasn't reached the peak of his abilities yet (he's only started for 2.5 seasons, though granted he's been on the bench a good while longer) and may never improve beyond where he is if he doesn't learn to cut down on mistakes. I do think he has more potential upside than most of the QB's on the top 10 list.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 11:39 AM   #1022
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

dola

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
But, really, how can you blame a guy for trying to get all you can, especially in a sport like football, without guarenteed contracts. If you had leverage at your work, you wouldn't try to play hardball?

I don't blame him. However I think the 49ers are making a good long-term decision not to pay him and I expect that if Crabtree makes the right economic decision that he will eventually cave and get something around his slot, perhaps with the 49ers throwing in something to let him save face.

Last edited by JAG : 08-07-2009 at 11:39 AM.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:59 AM   #1023
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

double dola (catching up):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
This.

Franchise QB's who win superbowls don't grow on trees. I'll take Eli for 6 years, 100 mil so that I don't have to go through more years with Dave Brown, etc...

Quote all the stats you want. He manages the game well, has cut down on mistakes, and can make some big throws.

A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.

It would've been surprising if the Giants didn't do this deal. His career stats are poor, but all in all in the last year and a half he's been well above average for them. Cite any reason you want (great defense, strong running game), but the results have been good for their team. Add to it that he's durable, in his prime, knows the system etc... (consistency as was mentioned) and it makes a lot of sense from their end. He might not continue to play at such a level, but that's a risk every team takes when they sign a player to a long term deal, and if he did continue to play at a high level the price tag would've only increased.
Old 08-07-2009, 03:07 PM   #1024
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
I was just going to bring up Peyton Manning, who before his Super Bowl win was labeled a choker for numerous playoff losses.
Or, you know, Eli Manning, who's 0-3 with a QB rating of ~50 in postseasons other than 2008, which coincidentally was his 3rd postseason.

Player Name REC PF PA QB Rating
Tony Romo 0-2 18.5 21.0 75.8
Eli Manning 4-3 16.6 19.1 77.6
Eli (1st 2 ) 0-2 10.0 23.0 60.3

Clearly Eli is better because he's had a better defense? More chances? Got lucky in some 1-possession games (indicative of a strong running game)?

Last edited by BishopMVP : 08-07-2009 at 03:09 PM.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 03:15 PM   #1025
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
Clearly Eli is better because he's had a better defense? More chances? Got lucky in some 1-possession games (indicative of a strong running game)?

Watch Eli run the 2 minute drill at the end of the superbowl and tell me he got lucky or that you have the confidence that Romo pulls out the win there.

Eli won the superbowl there, not the defense or the running game.
Old 08-07-2009, 03:22 PM   #1026
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I guess I missed the part where Tyree made an amazing catch in between 3-4 patriots, and the Plex running the route of his life on the edge.

Eli played good there, but he's no Ben.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 03:22 PM   #1027
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Nice job laying that ball in a perfect spot for David Tyree to make the easy catch over the middle. I'm sure Tony Romo would have had trouble hitting Plaxico considering Asante was on the ground 15 yards away. And really, the defense and ball control offense holding the best offense in NFL history to 14 points had little to do with the win.

Regardless if that was the case that was Eli's 3rd postseason. Romo's done better personally in his first two, and apparently whatever clutchness Eli found then he apparently lost this past year when going 15-29 167 0td 2int against Philly.
Old 08-07-2009, 03:29 PM   #1028
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Watch Eli run the 2 minute drill at the end of the superbowl and tell me he got lucky or that you have the confidence that Romo pulls out the win there.

Eli won the superbowl there, not the defense or the running game.

Another pet peeve of mine. People only pay attention to the end of games when giving credit. How many teams that year could go without a Touchdown for three quarters against the Patriots and still only be down by 4 points? The Giants defense held one of the best offenses in history (maybe the very best?) to one Touchdown through three quarters to keep the game within reach. That's not to say it wasn't a great game for Eli. He played huge in key moments, as he did throughout the postseason. But to say the defense didn't win that game for the Giants has got to be one of the craziest things I've ever read here. I'd sooner become a believer in the Martingale betting system than buy that argument.

Face it, without the defense, it would've been Jared Lorenzen out there leading the Giants on a late 4th quarter drive, while Eli Manning would be sitting on the bench staring up at a 41-7 deficit on the scoreboard.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 03:35 PM   #1029
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
Another pet peeve of mine. People only pay attention to the end of games when giving credit. How many teams that year could go without a Touchdown for three quarters against the Patriots and still only be down by 4 points? The Giants defense held one of the best offenses in history (maybe the very best?) to one Touchdown through three quarters to keep the game within reach. That's not to say it wasn't a great game for Eli. He played huge in key moments, as he did throughout the postseason. But to say the defense didn't win that game for the Giants has got to be one of the craziest things I've ever read here. I'd sooner become a believer in the Martingale betting system than buy that argument.

Face it, without the defense, it would've been Jared Lorenzen out there leading the Giants on a late 4th quarter drive, while Eli Manning would be sitting on the bench staring up at a 41-7 deficit on the scoreboard.

I meant during that 2 minutes.

Of course the D was the catalyst. My point is at that moment Eli won them the game by running a great 2 minute drill, I'm not sure Romo gets it done.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:30 PM   #1030
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
I meant during that 2 minutes.

Of course the D was the catalyst. My point is at that moment Eli won them the game by running a great 2 minute drill, I'm not sure Romo gets it done.
Nobody thought Eli could do it until then, just like nobody thought brother Peyton could win until he did. It's the nature of the beast.
Old 08-08-2009, 12:35 AM   #1031
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Nobody thought Eli could do it until then, just like nobody thought brother Peyton could win until he did. It's the nature of the beast.

I totally agree, and that is my point. Until Romo does it I refuse to consider him a top QB
Old 08-08-2009, 12:37 AM   #1032
Danny
Head Coach

With JSimpson gone it is only a matter of time now. though I don't like the Cowboys
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 05:23 PM   #1033
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
I totally agree, and that is my point. Until Romo does it I refuse to consider him a top QB
That just seems obtuse. There are certain QB's who haven't won playoff games that are better than certain QB's that have and then there's the obvious age-related decline to take into consideration. Arguing about when Matt Ryan has surpassed Matt Hasselbeck or Jay Cutler has passed Jeff Garcia is only natural. If I were judging by who's won a playoff game, clearly neither has. Good thing Drew Brees won that 1 divisional round game in 7 years of starting or else he couldn't be considered the 3rd best QB by that logic.
Old 08-09-2009, 05:32 PM   #1034
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
That just seems obtuse. There are certain QB's who haven't won playoff games that are better than certain QB's that have and then there's the obvious age-related decline to take into consideration. Arguing about when Matt Ryan has surpassed Matt Hasselbeck or Jay Cutler has passed Jeff Garcia is only natural. If I were judging by who's won a playoff game, clearly neither has. Good thing Drew Brees won that 1 divisional round game in 7 years of starting or else he couldn't be considered the 3rd best QB by that logic.

It's more then just who has won a playoff game, it is who has more talent around them to do it.

Romo has top 5 talent around him yet he can't get it done.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:52 AM   #1035
Samdari
Roster Filler

Interesting tidbit re: Crabtree

There was a bit of discussion on whether or not Crabtree being able to work out for teams would improve his draft position in next year's draft.

Its a moot point, apparently. In the NFL teams hold a players draft rights until the next year's draft. As he'd be the property of the 49'ers until then, he could not work out for other teams.

With a year of not playing, and not being able to participate in workouts, he'd be looking at the second round. It would be a huge disaster.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:13 AM   #1036
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

I would be very worried if I were the 49ers. The only reason I can think of Crabtree being a prick like this is that he knows deep down he doesnt have the talent to be a great player in this league and wants to get the money while he can.

Do you think a guy like Adrian Peterson gave a crap about his first contract? Just get me into camp and Ill make the big money on my own is what he was thinking I would almost guarantee.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 10:22 AM   #1037
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

What an an athlete makes is really irrelevant to what their market value is. Too many people like to use this line and it bothers me. They apparently dont understand supply and demand. Great athletes are rare and their demand is great which creates a market value that is very high. In the same situation you would maximize your earnings otherwise Id have to call you a complete idiot. People get pissed at Torii Hunter for wanting to make 40 million more than what the Twins were offering him and there is so many other examples of this it is hillarious. Why the hell would anyone with a fully functional brain give away 40 million dollars???

In this Crabtree situation however I think he is being a complete jerkoff. He hasnt proven anything and its kind of an unwritten rules that you get slotted to make a certain amount. He is going to fuck himself and the 49ers if he doesnt change his mind about this.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 08-11-2009 at 10:23 AM.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 10:29 AM   #1038
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdari View Post
There was a bit of discussion on whether or not Crabtree being able to work out for teams would improve his draft position in next year's draft.

Its a moot point, apparently. In the NFL teams hold a players draft rights until the next year's draft. As he'd be the property of the 49'ers until then, he could not work out for other teams.

With a year of not playing, and not being able to participate in workouts, he'd be looking at the second round. It would be a huge disaster.

I definitely meant to post this the day the news broke, not sure why I didn't once I saw it on another site. It was exactly when I stopped worrying about what he would do. He might hold out for awhile but if it extends into the season I'd be amazed.

Heard John Clayton this morning say this is the reason none of the guys from 6-11 (besides DHB) are signed. If Crabtree actually gets more than DHB, Smith at 6 will demand more than he's currently slotted, which then Monroe will use to get more money, then Raji, and then finally Maybin. Clayton seemed to think Raji was close to getting his deal done though, and Crabtree would abandon the effort not long after and sign.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 10:31 AM   #1039
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Todd Haley laid down the law in camp yesterday. Dwayne Bowe got sent to 3rd string WR after dropping several balls in practice. Angry doesn't adequately describe his reaction. I give the over/under at 4 weeks into the season before he and Larry Johnson have it out given how Haley seems to handle lazy practice work.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 10:34 AM   #1040
Logan
Head Coach

Brandon Marshall got demoted to 2nd string WR yesterday as well. It's a poor motivation ploy that everyone sees through.

Last edited by Logan : 08-11-2009 at 10:34 AM.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 10:46 AM   #1041
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Brandon Marshall got demoted to 2nd string WR yesterday as well. It's a poor motivation ploy that everyone sees through.

Yeah, but I got a chuckle out of it. Nothing worse than a #1 receiver that drops passes.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 11:05 AM   #1042
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Isn't that what the Chiefs just did to Dwayne Bowe today?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 11:23 AM   #1043
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Isn't that what the Chiefs just did to Dwayne Bowe today?

SI

I'm not sure, try asking the post that's 3 above yours!
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 11:31 AM   #1044
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
I'm not sure, try asking the post that's 3 above yours!

Whoops

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 11:18 AM   #1045
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

I just realized that the whole Crabtree thing almost makes Al Davis look astute for drafting DHB instead. Almost.

Old 08-13-2009, 07:29 PM   #1046
Swaggs
Coordinator

So far, I'm really liking the Tirico-Jaws-Gruden team in the MNF booth.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 07:35 PM   #1047
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Vick signs with the Iggles??

I hope everyone in the organization who had to sign off on that gets syphillis. Bunch of asswads. Now I have to hope the Eagles go 0-16
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 08:52 PM   #1048
molson
General Manager

Sounds like a good start for Brady, who played almost the entire 1st half and threw 2 TDs.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 08:57 PM   #1049
Swaggs
Coordinator

Big Ben looks like he has been on the banquet tour over the Summer.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 08:58 PM   #1050
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
I hope everyone in the organization who had to sign off on that gets syphillis. Bunch of asswads. Now I have to hope the Eagles go 0-16

You're far far far too kind.