Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-14-2012, 02:04 PM   #10551
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
I bet they don't make the final decisions for the following weekend until they get the previous weekend's box office estimates. I know on fandango, you can see the schedule on future dates, but the weekend times don't go up until Monday or Tuesday.

Aaah. Maybe that's the case.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:58 PM   #10552
sabotai
General Manager

Just bought a "new"car. A 2010 Ford Focus with 20k miles on it. The newest car I've owned. Before I've only owned cars at least twice as old as this one, and the last one I did own was a '99 Neon. Almost felt like I was driving a space ship with all of the stuff they have on cars now. I did test drive a 2013 Ford Fiesta, but the Focus was several grand cheaper and felt a lot better. The Fiesta felt super cramped. I like smaller cars, but that was too small.

Last edited by sabotai : 12-14-2012 at 05:00 PM.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:20 PM   #10553
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

In order to escape some of the un-awesomeness of today, I turned on season 1 of the Big Bang Theory. Watching the pilot again, it's interesting to see how Sheldon's character in particular has evolved. In the first episode, he and Leonard were going to donate sperm to a sperm bank. And Sheldon looked downright flirtatious/interested in Penny.

I guess in later episodes (and definitely seasons), his character morphs into his kinda asexual self...but it's funny looking at the first season, after so many...

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 04:17 PM   #10554
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I think it's safe to assume that whenever I pass away, Pitbull and Bud Lite will be welcoming me to hell.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:21 AM   #10555
rowech
Pro Starter

The song "Baby, It's Cold Outside" is one of the creepiest songs ever.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:09 AM   #10556
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin View Post
In order to escape some of the un-awesomeness of today, I turned on season 1 of the Big Bang Theory. Watching the pilot again, it's interesting to see how Sheldon's character in particular has evolved. In the first episode, he and Leonard were going to donate sperm to a sperm bank. And Sheldon looked downright flirtatious/interested in Penny.

I guess in later episodes (and definitely seasons), his character morphs into his kinda asexual self...but it's funny looking at the first season, after so many...

/tk

Ever seen the un aired pilot with a different Penny?
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:16 AM   #10557
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I think the last 36-48 hours of my life my have been one of the most diverse stretches of my life. Decidedly all over the place, I'm pretty sure I couldn't come close to explaining all of it. Suffice to say that any period of time that found me suddenly overseeing a group of 50 or so middle schoolers dancing Gangnam style is going to be about as weird as it can get without the involvement of mind-altering substances.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:17 AM   #10558
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I think the last 36-48 hours of my life my have been one of the most diverse stretches of my life. Decidedly all over the place, I'm pretty sure I couldn't come close to explaining all of it. Suffice to say that any period of time that found me suddenly overseeing a group of 50 or so middle schoolers dancing Gangnam style is going to be about as weird as it can get without the involvement of mind-altering substances.

Please tell me you joined in
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:19 AM   #10559
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Please tell me you joined in

Oh. Fuck. No.

I did, however, manage to find the humor in the absurdity of the situation and just give up and smile about it (while silently praying "please don't let any of 'em fall & get hurt ... liability ain't gonna cover this")
Old 12-16-2012, 03:05 PM   #10560
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
Ever seen the un aired pilot with a different Penny?

Didn't know there was one...

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:07 PM   #10561
cuervo72
Head Coach

Jan from Toyota seems pleasant.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:00 PM   #10562
General Mike
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
My wife concurs. She just got the upgrade, and it failed to synch apps to our daughter's iPod last night, and right now she cannot get it to recognize her iPhone. Plus everything is rearranged so she can't find anything.

Apple is the king of user experience my butt...

To be fair, the patch the put out seemed to fix a lot of problems I had with syncing. As far as the rearranging stuff goes, you can get it back to the traditional iTunes look, just need to fiddle with some stuff.
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Rutgers & Washington coach Bowl Bound-BBCF
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:11 PM   #10563
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
The song "Baby, It's Cold Outside" is one of the creepiest songs ever.

Haha. I thought the same thing the other day. It's like date rape in a Christmas carol.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:14 PM   #10564
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Was thinking more long-term like "How many more weeks do i have to see Flight before it's out of theaters? Should I prioritize that over Bond because it will be gone first?" (to use an example)

For the love of your mind, please see Bond instead of Flight.
JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:49 PM   #10565
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I have the best parents in the world. Wife and I just bought a new house, and I got home today and there was a housewarming card from my folks. I thought "that was nice" then I open it and there is a check inside and I think "that was nice, they didn't need to do that." My mom wrote a note in the card saying "we thought you may need some stuff for the house, etc..."

I open the check and my mouth hits the floor. Never expected to see a check for 5K. I was shocked, can't wait to tell my wife.

I of course called them immediately and thanked them. Thing is, my sister has always depended on them for a lot, she is a widow with 3 kids and needs their help. I have never needed anything from them, so it is nice that they are giving us this, while not needed, will go to good use.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:45 PM   #10566
britrock88
Pro Starter

FBB for all!
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:46 PM   #10567
britrock88
Pro Starter

I'm one of the least computer-savvy people here, but I wonder if there's a way to write a script to take the content of a webpage and edit it to include spoonerisms ("blah blah tool kit" becomes "blah blah kool tit," as one juvenile example).
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:18 PM   #10568
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I have the best parents in the world. Wife and I just bought a new house, and I got home today and there was a housewarming card from my folks. I thought "that was nice" then I open it and there is a check inside and I think "that was nice, they didn't need to do that." My mom wrote a note in the card saying "we thought you may need some stuff for the house, etc..."

I open the check and my mouth hits the floor. Never expected to see a check for 5K. I was shocked, can't wait to tell my wife.

I of course called them immediately and thanked them. Thing is, my sister has always depended on them for a lot, she is a widow with 3 kids and needs their help. I have never needed anything from them, so it is nice that they are giving us this, while not needed, will go to good use.

I'm told your folks made a killing scamming people out of old car registration money.

/too soon?
Old 12-17-2012, 08:33 PM   #10569
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

Now you can finally put blinds up on the windows!

Seriously, that's awesome.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:09 PM   #10570
sabotai
General Manager

Flipping through the channels to see what's on, and Kick-Ass is on Spike TV. But the channel guide only gives it one star! Who the fuck did these ratings!?
Old 12-19-2012, 02:18 PM   #10571
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
Flipping through the channels to see what's on, and Kick-Ass is on Spike TV. But the channel guide only gives it one star! Who the fuck did these ratings!?

Yeah I felt the same way after 1 star original Red Dawn
Old 12-20-2012, 02:50 AM   #10572
stevew
Hall Of Famer

That movie "Gangster Squad" sounds like the title of a fake SNL movie.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:18 AM   #10573
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

NSFW

Old 12-20-2012, 11:22 AM   #10574
molson
General Manager

A guy at work called work benefits "bennies". I told him not to do that again.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:00 PM   #10575
DougW
High School Varsity

Watching a Timberwolf/Thunder game, and .. man, those Wolves sure do have a lot of honkees on their team.
DougW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:05 PM   #10576
stevew
Hall Of Famer

this is among the greatest things ever.

stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:16 PM   #10577
JediKooter
Coordinator

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 06:29 PM   #10578
JediKooter
Coordinator

Margaret Thatcher in UK hospital after operation - Yahoo! News

Wouldn't she have been in the hospital BEFORE the operation as well?

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:07 PM   #10579
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

It's 8 P.M. and I'm still sitting at the office, trying to restore a BCM Database...I don't know if any of you are familiar with that wonderful MS product, but the owner of my company loves it, so I'm sitting here trying to fix the piece of crap...
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:54 PM   #10580
Autumn
Head Coach

Margaret Thatcher is alive? That surprises me.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:05 PM   #10581
cuervo72
Head Coach

Can't come remotely close to touching Sam and Lou, Nautica.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:27 PM   #10582
sabotai
General Manager

One of my resolutions for 2012 was to learn to cook. A little over a week from 2013, I finally got on that. I cooked up some cod tonight. I'll probably be dead of food poisoning by the time many of you read this.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:33 PM   #10583
chadritt
High School Varsity

some stucco from my bedroom ceiling fell down recently, finally had maintenance look at it and I was sent to a hotel for at least the next three days. Apparently theres an asbestos concern. On an unrelated note Ive had a weird cough for a while now.
chadritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:05 PM   #10584
gstelmack
Pro Starter

My son bought my daughter a Furby for Christmas. I haven't even had to wait for grandkids to have some of those "just wait until you have kids" moments. I have heard so many things come out of her mouth in one day directed at the Furby that we've been trying to explain to her for quite some time, maybe some of it will sink in
Old 12-25-2012, 10:56 PM   #10585
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadritt View Post
some stucco from my bedroom ceiling fell down recently, finally had maintenance look at it and I was sent to a hotel for at least the next three days. Apparently theres an asbestos concern. On an unrelated note Ive had a weird cough for a while now.

I remember having to sign a waver at my first apartment complex in LA when I lived out there, specifically for asbestos. Then a few months later the Northridge Earthquake hit and rocked the walls and ceiling so bad that I was covering my mouth with a shirt as I escaped out into the street. Effin' asbestos!
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:00 PM   #10586
chadritt
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
I remember having to sign a waver at my first apartment complex in LA when I lived out there, specifically for asbestos. Then a few months later the Northridge Earthquake hit and rocked the walls and ceiling so bad that I was covering my mouth with a shirt as I escaped out into the street. Effin' asbestos!

Yeah, once I get back into my apartment im going to look for my lease agreement. At the very least I want to know who has to pay for the carpet cleaning I think theyre trying to avoid. They think they can get all the repair work done in less than a day, its only taking three because of the holidays, so im thinking theyre not doing anything too involved.
chadritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:53 AM   #10587
MacroGuru
Coordinator

So do not want to work today.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:59 AM   #10588
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post

Agreed, I've been off the last two years the week of Christmas, makes it even worse. I am glad it will be slow today
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:09 AM   #10589
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post

Weird being at work today. I took the week of Christmas off every year for the last 3 years. Brand new job, so really couldn't do it this year.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:29 AM   #10590
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Weird being at work today. I took the week of Christmas off every year for the last 3 years. Brand new job, so really couldn't do it this year.

This is the first time I've worked this week in over 20 years...

Also a new job...so couldn't swing it either...
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:34 AM   #10591
spleen1015
Coordinator

I volunteered to work this week so that the folks who work for me could take off.

It has been around 10-12 years since I worked between Christmas and New Years.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:34 AM   #10592
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
My son bought my daughter a Furby for Christmas. I haven't even had to wait for grandkids to have some of those "just wait until you have kids" moments. I have heard so many things come out of her mouth in one day directed at the Furby that we've been trying to explain to her for quite some time, maybe some of it will sink in

My niece got one of those and I was noticing the same thing. She was so aggravated at it for not listening, not going to sleep when she wanted. I was cracking up.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:48 AM   #10593
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Agreed, I've been off the last two years the week of Christmas, makes it even worse. I am glad it will be slow today

Definitely slow...may play some FM or OOTP and answer the phone when it rings.
Old 12-26-2012, 01:19 PM   #10594
DougW
High School Varsity

1 Million and 1 leftovers from the X-mas party we threw, and what does my 5 year old want for lunch ??? ... Peanut Butter & Jelly
DougW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 02:51 PM   #10595
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I'm so bored.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:47 PM   #10596
molson
General Manager

It's probably a fairly unique thing about modern America that we don't really keep tabs on decedents of important leaders. Or maybe this is a more modern thing than American, whatever, the point is, I saw Lincoln recently and was wondering if Lincoln's great-great-great grandkids carry with them any level of fame, or if it's just no big deal at all. It turns out Lincoln only has one surviving direct decedent, and it's disputed. It's this guy:

Timothy Lincoln Beckwith - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I've worked in state attorney's offices, it's not an office with a ton of prestige, it'd be kind of weird to have Lincoln's great-great-great-great grandson down the hall.

One other random Lincoln thought, the last surviving witness to his assassination was this guy - his was on the show "I've got a secret" in 1956 and this was his secret that the celebrity panel successful guessed. We're not all THAT far away from Lincoln's time, if you think about it the right way. My grandmother's 90, she could have personally known people who were slaves. I guess it's even possible there's even a living widow today who was married to a slave. There would have been a big age difference, but it's possible.

Samuel J. Seymour - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by molson : 12-26-2012 at 10:48 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:25 AM   #10597
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Playing FOF -- I'm in charge of the 2010 Miami Dolphins. We got rid of Chad Pennington, and brought in Josh McCown. He's rated 36/36, but he's really just there since he's a mentor, for Chad Henne (who was something like 25/56) and the rookie we drafted in the 2nd round (like 15/55). I figure I'll start McCown until we're out of playoff contention, then I'll bring in Henne. Well, the team goes nuts with McCown. His QB rating is around 93 for the season, as he mostly played a game manager, aided by a strong running game and a defense that caused 38 turnovers, and the team goes 14-2. We beat New England in the Divisional Playoff (3-0 against them for the season), then beat San Diego in the AFC Championship.

But, McCown is questionable for the Super Bowl. I've been telling myself that I'm just going to do what the AI recommends, but they've got Henne starting, and he hasn't thrown a pass all season (I thought about resting a lot of guys Week 17 when everything was wrapped up, but didn't bother). I'm pretty sure I'll stick with the AI's recommendation, but it's tempting to let McCown have his shot since he got us there, plus I'm not thrilled with the idea of playing a 3rd year QB with a 1-2 starting record in the Super Bowl.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:13 AM   #10598
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Go with the one who got you there.

This is real life logic, BTW. It has been a while since I played FOF (ironically), and I have no idea how the game treats the Questionable designation.

I just know in real life, McCown is starting.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:00 AM   #10599
Suicane75
Coordinator

You gotta start McCown there and let him play till he breaks.

I love this world, I really do. Yesterday I had on HSN in the background and became enthralled with a lady modeling undergarments. I took a stab at youtube and found a guy who had an entire account devoted to videos of this lass. 32 videos, all meticulously edited to include only her, some even had salacious slo mo shots. I love this world.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:10 AM   #10600
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Like I said, I had decided to use AI recommendations in a case like that, which I did. I'm looking at it as if they're telling me McCown is just too hurt to play (and ignoring the fact that he's listed as 2nd string). Henne threw a nice 20 yard pass to my rookie WR on his first attempt, then got picked. From there he went crazy, and we built a 24-7 lead over the Saints. They came back a little, most due to a fumble on a kick return, plus a fumble by Henne, and it was 24-20, but we held on to win 31-23. Henne's line was 13/21, 279 yards, 3 TD, 1 INT, for a rating of 125.5, but he did fumble on that sack. QB controversy next year?

Also, I forgot to mention that in the AFC Championship game, my 2nd round rookie QB got hurt while in as a kick holder. And I just now noticed he's out for 28 weeks. Sheesh.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote