Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-19-2013, 05:55 PM   #10751
booradley
High School Varsity

The Banana Slicer! Scroll down to the reviews for Comedy Gold ...

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0047E0EII/ref=tsm_1_fb_lk
Old 01-19-2013, 07:59 PM   #10752
Suicane75
Coordinator

The pictures make it even better.

That moment when you sit down with a bowl of cereal and realize there's too much milk and you smile coyly cause you know you'll be going back for more. There's no other option, there's too much milk.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:01 PM   #10753
Suicane75
Coordinator

I wonder if it's against the law to mail someone a box of life cereal and include a note that says "You life will end in August 2013".
Old 01-19-2013, 08:20 PM   #10754
Suicane75
Coordinator

Now I need more milk. What a vicious circle we weave.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:35 PM   #10755
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I wonder if it's against the law to mail someone a box of life cereal and include a note that says "You life will end in August 2013".

I know of one way to find out.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:43 PM   #10756
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
I know of one way to find out.

Get a copy of Net Detective and ask it?
Old 01-20-2013, 09:47 PM   #10757
cuervo72
Head Coach

If you happen to be looking for Charles Schwab logos, take care to not simply GIS "schwab."
Old 01-21-2013, 12:21 AM   #10758
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I know we did a movie remake draft, but I'd love to see Broken Lizard redo Ghostbusters.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:34 AM   #10759
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I know we did a movie remake draft, but I'd love to see Broken Lizard redo Ghostbusters.

Dear God no. Their track record is rather lackluster, and I'm one of the few people who didn't think Super Troopers was all that great based on the hype.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:37 AM   #10760
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I prefer Beerfest anyways.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:45 PM   #10761
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I was in Chicago this weekend with some friends for a weekend beer, video games and board games, because, well, that's how we roll.

We went out for lunch to the Borniquen Longue, which is a few blocks from where my buddy lives. We all got jibaritos, which is a Puerto Rican sandwich made with flattened, fried green plantains instead of bread, garlic-flavored mayonnaise, and had pork, cheese, lettuce and tomato. You can also get it with steak or chicken. With some beans and rice and the side... It was incredibly delicious. I crave another.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:58 PM   #10762
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
We went out for lunch to the Borniquen Longue, which is a few blocks from where my buddy lives. We all got jibaritos, which is a Puerto Rican sandwich made with flattened, fried green plantains instead of bread, garlic-flavored mayonnaise, and had pork, cheese, lettuce and tomato. You can also get it with steak or chicken. With some beans and rice and the side... It was incredibly delicious. I crave another.

Okay, this explains the Molina brothers.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:04 PM   #10763
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Just for fun, I did a Molina weight check. Together, their playing days weight is 700 pounds, for around 233 pounds per brother.

That's the first fun fact.

Second fun fact? Crapshoot's favorite Molina brother Bengie played at Arizona Western College, a JC in Yuma, before going pro. His position? Shortstop.

Yeah. Shortstop.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:58 PM   #10764
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Just for fun, I did a Molina weight check. Together, their playing days weight is 700 pounds, for around 233 pounds per brother.

That's the first fun fact.

Second fun fact? Crapshoot's favorite Molina brother Bengie played at Arizona Western College, a JC in Yuma, before going pro. His position? Shortstop.

Yeah. Shortstop.

I heard that Mike Piazza was the Dodgers' short stop...

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:31 PM   #10765
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Convertibles hold absolutely no appeal to me. The few times I have been in one with the top down, I kept wishing the top was back up. I guess the ideal situation would be a perfect, not too hot, not too cold, sunny day, driving along some country road with very little traffic, but even then the sun would be beating down on me, making me uncomfortable. Once you start driving at any speed and around other cars it's all wind and exhaust in your face. It's gross.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 01-22-2013, 04:39 PM   #10766
DougW
High School Varsity

Quote:
Convertibles hold absolutely no appeal to me. The few times I have been in one with the top down, I kept wishing the top was back up. I guess the ideal situation would be a perfect, not too hot, not too cold, sunny day, driving along some country road with very little traffic, but even then the sun would be beating down on me, making me uncomfortable. Once you start driving at any speed and around other cars it's all wind and exhaust in your face. It's gross.

Unless it was a bus. Surely, that would appeal to you.

And, no I wasn't calling you Shirley
DougW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:43 PM   #10767
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
The DeLish Chocolate thins from Walgreens should be illegal. They are basically pieces of chocolate about the size and shape of a Pringles chip. Way too addictive.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:19 AM   #10768
Izulde
Head Coach

I'm apparently not meant to have a Keurig brewing system. Tried another one after taking the Mini Brew back (this time I tried the K40). Once again, first cup was non-watery (though not as good as the Mini Brew's first cup). Everything else after that, watery watery omfg watery. Cleaned out needles and K-Cup holder etc. Still watery.

So back the K40 goes tomorrow and Keurig can go fuck itself with their shitty ass products. I'm glad it works for the people it does, but for me, it simply doesn't.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:44 AM   #10769
cartman
Death Herald

For those of you who got books from me for Christmas, they are due back at the library today.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:01 PM   #10770
MacroGuru
Coordinator

I whipped Dunn Tires ass last night.

Bought two new tires from them in November. They put them on the front (I thought they were in the back).

It's been so cold here that the right rear tire slipped the seal and slowly let air out and I drove on it not knowing this. I get out of work, tire is flat. I have a portable compressor, plug it in and pump up the tire.

I get to Dunn and they look at the tire, check it out, was going to reseal it but I guess I shredded the inside of the tire.

Cue me asking how much a replacement is....the guy rattles off, $20...I am like excuse me, did you say $20 and he said yes...and repeated himself and explained the warranty on the tires. Ok, get that tire in and I will be back tomorrow to have the work done.

I get there, they put the new tire on and then proceed to tell me that it wasn't the right tire for the warranty so I owe them like $160...I tell them take the tire off, put the rim in my car and the donut back on. He started to freak out saying once the tire is on he can't take it off and resell it. I told him it was his fault for not validating it...he ended up giving me the tire for $20 because I pushed the issued and pointed out that I had the quote in writing from the previous day...

So, I go the new tire for $20.....
Old 01-24-2013, 12:12 PM   #10771
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
For those of you who got books from me for Christmas, they are due back at the library today.

Old 01-24-2013, 01:41 PM   #10772
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post

Bought two new tires from them in November. They put them on the front (I thought they were in the back).

It's been so cold here that the right rear tire slipped the seal and slowly let air out and I drove on it not knowing this. I get out of work, tire is flat. I have a portable compressor, plug it in and pump up the tire.

I get to Dunn and they look at the tire, check it out, was going to reseal it but I guess I shredded the inside of the tire.

Cue me asking how much a replacement is....the guy rattles off, $20...I am like excuse me, did you say $20 and he said yes...and repeated himself and explained the warranty on the tires. Ok, get that tire in and I will be back tomorrow to have the work done.

I get there, they put the new tire on and then proceed to tell me that it wasn't the right tire for the warranty so I owe them like $160...I tell them take the tire off, put the rim in my car and the donut back on. He started to freak out saying once the tire is on he can't take it off and resell it. I told him it was his fault for not validating it...he ended up giving me the tire for $20 because I pushed the issued and pointed out that I had the quote in writing from the previous day...

I hate it when places try to pull that crap.

"I'd like a cup of coffee."

"Ok, that will be 1 dollar. I'll be right back with your drink.
Here's your coffee. Oh we ran out of the regular coffee we used and had to a very rare coffee. The total will come out to 34 dollars."

Uh no, that's not how it works. Bait and switch is illegal in most states I believe.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 01-24-2013, 02:37 PM   #10773
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
I'm apparently not meant to have a Keurig brewing system. Tried another one after taking the Mini Brew back (this time I tried the K40). Once again, first cup was non-watery (though not as good as the Mini Brew's first cup). Everything else after that, watery watery omfg watery. Cleaned out needles and K-Cup holder etc. Still watery.

So back the K40 goes tomorrow and Keurig can go fuck itself with their shitty ass products. I'm glad it works for the people it does, but for me, it simply doesn't.

Ok, this might be a stupid question and I may be insulting your intelligence, but keep in mind I did work tech supports for 4 years.....

Are you changing the K-Cup after each use, or are you trying to use the same K-Cup multiple times?
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:41 PM   #10774
Izulde
Head Coach

Changed the K-Cup after each use and immediately threw out the K-Cup after it was done brewing as the instructions said.

Anyhow, I took it back and I'll just wait and watch the single brewers until something better comes along.

Old 01-24-2013, 02:41 PM   #10775
Logan
Head Coach

Sure as hell sounds like he isn't.

All the Keurig does is transfer and heat water from the tank, through the K-Cup, and into your cup. There's really not much else that could be wrong if a liquid is ending up in your mug.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:45 PM   #10776
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
I hate it when places try to pull that crap.

"I'd like a cup of coffee."

"Ok, that will be 1 dollar. I'll be right back with your drink.
Here's your coffee. Oh we ran out of the regular coffee we used and had to a very rare coffee. The total will come out to 34 dollars."

Uh no, that's not how it works. Bait and switch is illegal in most states I believe.

Huh. I have never had that happen to me. I have had the opposite, where I asked for something, they didn't have it, but had the higher value equivalent and gave me that for the regular price.

Must be a result of my overall charisma. People just wanna do right by ole H_B.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:50 PM   #10777
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post

I wonder if the other tassimo system is any better? I was looking at one in Tim Horton's today, and the fact that their coffee seems to be exclusive to that system piques my interest.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:52 PM   #10778
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Huh. I have never had that happen to me. I have had the opposite, where I asked for something, they didn't have it, but had the higher value equivalent and gave me that for the regular price.

Must be a result of my overall charisma. People just wanna do right by ole H_B.

Well, the coffee example was just a hypothetical that just exaggerated what they tried to do to MG.

However, I would never deny the HB charisma.

...One time back in the day at a Blockbuster video...The movie Dogma was for sale and the price was 19 dollars and some change. I liked the movie, so I picked it up to buy it. Got to the counter and the dude rang it up and said that it's 80 something dollars. I kindly told him the price marked was 19. He tried to argue with me that it was a mistake and told me I had to pay 80 dollars if I wanted to buy it. I then told him that's not how it works. Just then one of his co-workers came by and said that whatever price is marked is the price they have to sell it for. So I got it for 19 dollars. I also told him that if he didn't want to sell anymore for 19 dollars, he probably would want to go grab the rest off the shelf and put the correct price on there.

Last edited by JediKooter : 01-24-2013 at 02:53 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:59 PM   #10779
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
Well, the coffee example was just a hypothetical that just exaggerated what they tried to do to MG.

However, I would never deny the HB charisma.

...One time back in the day at a Blockbuster video...The movie Dogma was for sale and the price was 19 dollars and some change. I liked the movie, so I picked it up to buy it. Got to the counter and the dude rang it up and said that it's 80 something dollars. I kindly told him the price marked was 19. He tried to argue with me that it was a mistake and told me I had to pay 80 dollars if I wanted to buy it. I then told him that's not how it works. Just then one of his co-workers came by and said that whatever price is marked is the price they have to sell it for. So I got it for 19 dollars. I also told him that if he didn't want to sell anymore for 19 dollars, he probably would want to go grab the rest off the shelf and put the correct price on there.

Wait, he didn't immediately realize that $80 can't possibly be the price for one single movie? I don't think I have ever seen a single DVD priced that high, anywhere at any time.

Old 01-24-2013, 03:03 PM   #10780
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Wait, he didn't immediately realize that $80 can't possibly be the price for one single movie? I don't think I have ever seen a single DVD priced that high, anywhere at any time.

That was the priced to rent price most likely. It was possibly a vhs tape.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:17 PM   #10781
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:

Oh the price didn't phase him at all. He was just a drone worker bee at Blockbuster. Actually, I think 80 dollars was the going rate to purchase Dogma on VHS back then. There's still some movies that are like that. I want to say one of them is The Nightmare Before Christmas? But I could be mistaken.

I think what it is, when stores like Blockbuster got the movies, they were charged ridiculous prices for the movies, then they would make that money back on the shear volume of the rentals. So I think what would happen is, they would buy too many of a movie that doesn't really rent all that well and try and sell those movies at the full price they paid for them. I think I still have the movie somewhere, still wrapped up.

Old 01-24-2013, 07:05 PM   #10782
rowech
Pro Starter

Sometimes doing the right thing just isn't worth it.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:29 PM   #10783
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
Sometimes doing the right thing just isn't worth it.

britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:16 AM   #10784
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

What ever happened to all the guys that called people "Chief?"
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:32 AM   #10785
JediKooter
Coordinator

S.....T.....F.....U Lego Racism? Muslim Turks complain about Jabba the Hut - CSMonitor.com

"Some Turks in Austria have lodged a formal complaint over Lego's Jabba's Palace set, saying Lego is encouraging racial prejudice and perpetuating negative images of Muslims."

No, Lego isn't doing that, you are doing that to yourselves just fine.

Old 01-27-2013, 07:05 AM   #10786
Izulde
Head Coach

Damn it. I shouldn't have opened that bag of peanuts in the shell from Five Guys. Once I get started shelling and eating those things, I can't stop. It's the best and worst kind of food crack there is. Been that way for me ever since I was a kid and the barber my dad and I went to would have these giant bags of in-shell peanuts for customers to snack on, and I'd sit there, shelling and eating while I waited for my turn to get a haircut.

Old 01-27-2013, 07:16 AM   #10787
rowech
Pro Starter

Watching "The Breakfast Club" this morning. Man am I old.
Old 01-27-2013, 01:27 PM   #10788
molson
General Manager

I had a random though wondering if Ariel Sharon was still alive. He is! He's been in a near-vegative state for more than 7 years now. There's some stuff on wikipedia about him watching TV and being occasionally somewhat responsive.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:01 PM   #10789
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Someone else told me that a month or so ago. I guess that means he's only slightly more brain dead than their current leadership.
Old 01-27-2013, 02:19 PM   #10790
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post

I bought a couple tires from Fleet Farm and the day after they put it on it one went flat after a few hundred feet after I got on the road. They replaced the tire no problem but just fit it on the wheel. I asked if they would put it back on the car and was told, "No, we're busy. You need an appointment to get in for installation."

Left me thinking, "Gee, well if I ever come back here I'll be sure to schedule another appointment for the next day in case the tire you put on blows out." And then I got to swap it with the spare out in the snow.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:57 PM   #10791
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Off to see Flogging Molly. Lets see how much father time has caught up to me.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:35 PM   #10792
korme
Go Reds

Some of my friends are going to that tonight.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:06 PM   #10793
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Tell them to look for the old guy.

BTW we need a cinci meet and greet. Maybe for some NCAA games.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:07 PM   #10794
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Off to see Flogging Molly. Lets see how much father time has caught up to me.

I saw Reel Big Fish Wednesday night. I avoided headjng towards the pit up front, found a spot on some risers towards the back. I could see everything, hear everything a little clearer, and didn't deal with any idiots around me.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:35 PM   #10795
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

That's how we roll these days. Especially with my 6 month pregnant wife.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:55 PM   #10796
Critch
lolzcat

I've just read a 100+ post thread on another group involving an argument about whether Jarrod Schulz from Storage Wars is Hispanic or not.

There must be more to life than this.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:58 PM   #10797
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critch View Post
I've just read a 100+ post thread on another group involving an argument about whether Jarrod Schulz from Storage Wars is Hispanic or not.

There must be more to life than this.

There used to be. Now internet debates are the ultimate meaning of our existence.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:01 PM   #10798
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Why would anyone think he's Hispanic ?
Old 01-27-2013, 08:03 PM   #10799
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I didn't need that shot of Jameson's I just did with a stranger at the bar.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:07 PM   #10800
Critch
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Why would anyone think he's Hispanic ?

One side of the argument was mainly "Schulz sounds German" and the other side was "he's from California and looks kinda Hispanic". And it ran to 122 posts, last count.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote