Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-28-2013, 08:48 PM   #1051
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Lord Littlefinger, you may be rather useful in swaying the vote today.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:50 PM   #1052
path12
Coordinator

Time for talk has ended. I hope some may rethink their votes.

DECLARE WAR AGAINST STANNIS AT MAIDENPOOL.

Goodbye brother.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:50 PM   #1053
path12
Coordinator

(ooc) I think that was supposed to be in thread. (/ooc)
Old 05-28-2013, 08:50 PM   #1054
fontisian
College Prospect

I thought it was relavant. I feel like I've been trying to negotiate between spoiled children, one of whom is really bloody impatient.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:50 PM   #1055
Autumn
Head Coach

It seems you're already at war with Volantis brother.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:51 PM   #1056
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

4 days of planning, and we fuck it all up.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:51 PM   #1057
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
I thought it was relavant. I feel like I've been trying to negotiate between spoiled children, one of whom is really bloody impatient.

Sorry.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:51 PM   #1058
fontisian
College Prospect

You fucking idiot path.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:52 PM   #1059
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Interesting - it appears that alliances must have shifted since my little birds last reported. The last I heard this is not what I would have expected at all.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:52 PM   #1060
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
It seems you're already at war with Volantis brother.

I was wondering if anyone would catch that.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:55 PM   #1061
Autumn
Head Coach

So impetuous brother. And to think some think you should rule the realm.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:00 PM   #1062
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

[OOC] DEADLINE CHIEF [/OOC]
Old 05-28-2013, 09:01 PM   #1063
Autumn
Head Coach

What's done is done. I do not expect to see the results of our actions for some time, so I will return to my study. It seems I will be forced to draw up plans of war.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:18 PM   #1064
Danny
Head Coach

Path I expect 1500 to be sent to me tonight
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:54 PM   #1065
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Upset at me?

Why?

I am merely saying there is no honorable king...
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 01:07 AM   #1066
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

(ooc - I've edited my "in" post on page one to include lands and their current owners. Hope that's ok)
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 01:41 AM   #1067
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I must admit, I am quite impressed at the ability of y'all to make stuff happen in shitstorm fashion, lol. Okay, this will take some piecing together. I need to grab a few hours, then when I get up, I'll turn things over to Day 5.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 01:44 AM   #1068
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Path I expect 1500 to be sent to me tonight

Why on earth would he give you any money? The die was already cast as soon as Stark placed his vote on this Tarth troll. He would have had to buy my father's vote and three of the small council's vote in order to tie the vote - and that would still be dependent on Joffrey voting with him, something that did not happen.

Give little men a say in matters and they get delusions of grandeur!
Old 05-29-2013, 01:53 AM   #1069
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
4 days of planning, and we fuck it all up.

I don't believe the Starks could have hoped for a better result, except, perhaps, for catching my father.
Old 05-29-2013, 02:06 AM   #1070
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Upset at me?

Why?

I would imagine that Selmy can only aid a king who is without dishonour. As all the houses have brought dishonour on themselves he is unable to take any action. I do not think he is upset with you.
Old 05-29-2013, 02:43 AM   #1071
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Joffrey - I imagine that many of the would be kings are offering you the "opportunity" to bend the knee to them. This may be necessary in the future but for the moment there is no reason for you to do so. Life as a bannerman is one fraught with danger, my feeling is that you are better served remaining king and seeing how the dice fall. Once there are but two contestants then your support becomes much more valuable. And there is no telling what opportunities the vagaries of war may afford to one who is patient and calculating. House Lannister may have lost the first few battles but the war is still being waged.
Old 05-29-2013, 02:47 AM   #1072
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
For those that might be interested in the knowledge, Tywin Lannister is extremely wealthy, with a personal fortune possibly in excess of 50000 gold at the time of his dishonour.

Which will make the price of his dishonour substantial for any would be king who wishes my father to be part of their faction.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:21 AM   #1073
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I need kings to have xx honor and you're all below 0.

I would give the king I pledge my allegiance to a small bonus to fighting..and I'm assuming the BG role sticks..
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:26 AM   #1074
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I believe I phrased it better.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:35 AM   #1075
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I'm hungry like the wolf!
Old 05-29-2013, 08:40 AM   #1076
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Joffrey - I believe you can lend Jaime some men-at-arms should you want to capture someone. Seems the Baratheon pretenders will be busy fighting their war today. Although the bannerman fleeing option means that it will be difficult to hold onto any bannerman you can force to bend the knee. However you do have a lot of land, so you might be able to entice people with the promise of land.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:52 AM   #1077
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
But you certainly have had contact with others and believe that they will listen to you. But there is a world of difference between a willingness to listen and doing what you want.

I have a raven today. I will accept the promise of later payment to make an attempt should more obvious options not prove aquiescent.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:52 AM   #1078
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Okay, here is the order of things this morning.

First, I will tally the votes and run Enemy of the Realm.

Then, I will go through all my PMs and respond to questions.

Then, I will delete PMs and create room for more.

Then, I will review all the theads for any commands not in PMs.

And then, finally, you will all receive your PMs and we will turn it over.

As for the war... I guess we'll see.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:54 AM   #1079
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Seeya tomorrow.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:55 AM   #1080
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Seeya tomorrow.

Haha it will take a bit, but I am hopeful to have it done by 10 a.m. my time.

Old 05-29-2013, 09:56 AM   #1081
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I think Julio is our best option. I have extended the invite for him to take over Theon, and I will announce when he's all set to go.

Old 05-29-2013, 09:58 AM   #1082
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

(ooc Then we can all vote him out on his first day and make it 0-2 for him).
Old 05-29-2013, 10:15 AM   #1083
path12
Coordinator

Ladies and Gentlemen of Westeros,

Here is my appeal to you.

You saw our banners at everyones camp. Negotiations were made, and my emissaries did our house honor. Quite simply, there has been nothing in return for any negotiation except vague thoughts of 'maybe doing something together in future'. This is fine. It is a game after all, and two of the houses have early on, despite protestations to the contrary, allied together to try for victory. There is nothing despicable or dishonorable about this.

For those who have played Diplomacy, there is a Russian/Turkish alliance that is solid enough to sweep the board. This is a perfectly valid way to play. But it is a bit dull, no? Dry? Lacking in panache?

Neutrals, having fun not getting ravens? Lannisters, I did try to work against you in hopes of getting a breakthrough but it was not to be. I can't change that, but I can tell you this -- if we are to go down, it will be fighting. Why not join us?

And if not us, consider this: Do it for Chief.

He's put a ton of time and effort into this ruleset, as well as a ton of time and effort to actually run the damn thing. This ruleset does not deserve a 6-3 field goal game ground out in the mud. It does not deserve "safety". It deserves AUDACITY. It deserves shifting alliances, backstabbing, assassinations and yes, war. Do you want guarantees? I cannot provide them. I can tell you that my intent is to win with as many of my original bannermen as possible. There will be casualties and things will change, but this is your chance to go with an underdog -- and who doesn't like rooting for the underdog?

For those neutrals that are bored, get in the game! Send me ravens with info that will help! Tyrion, got any wildfire? Cersei, really want the Lannisters to survive? Do things to make yourself a player here, not just a bystander. For those who aren't afraid to shake things up, join us! Let's have some goddamn fun!

If you'd rather play a safe game and hook up with the sober careful players I totally get that. But we have a chance here to make this one of those games that gets talked about for a long long time. Will we win? Who knows, it's a longshot.

And if nothing else: DO IT FOR CHIEF!!! He'd love it, I promise.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:17 AM   #1084
path12
Coordinator

KING RENLY KEEPS BRIENNE OF TARTH IN HIS SERVICE

We do not recognize as valid a vote from those we are at war with. Honest servants of Westeros, be assured we will be donating whatever possible to remove any perceived stains on our honor.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:18 AM   #1085
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You fucking idiot path.

I want to address this.

First off, fontisian apologized to path12 in the house thread for Storm's End, so I am fine with that apology. I am going to allow us to go forward with no further repercussions, presuming path12 is okay (and I gather he is).

And this is a tense game, so we can all get carried away. I have done it. Most of us has, whom have played for a bit.

All that said, this will not be tolerated further. I am not afraid to send anyone to the Wall and immediately. No insulting fellow players will be allowed.

Don't make me go Big Daddy on you guys. Let's be civil and play nice (even while we're going to war).

Old 05-29-2013, 10:20 AM   #1086
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

FINAL VOTE TALLY DAY 4

Brienne of Tarth (fontisian): Cersei (Narcizo), Stannis (Autumn), Robb Stark (Coffee Warlord), Melisandre (bulletsponge), Florent (claphamsa), Davos (InBlue), Tywin (hoopsguy), Theon (Lathum), Karstark (MrBug708), Bolton (JAG)-- 11 1/2 votes

Ser Axell Florent (claphamsa): Tyrion (Danny), Jaime (bhlloy), Loras (murrayyyyy), Penrose (Darth Vilus), Brienne (fontisian), Renly (path12)-- 6 1/2 votes

NO LYNCH-- Littlefinger (saldana)

Old 05-29-2013, 10:21 AM   #1087
Autumn
Head Coach

I assume I'm still allowed to insult my brother though. And Tyrion.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:23 AM   #1088
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I want to address this.

First off, fontisian apologized to path12 in the house thread for Storm's End, so I am fine with that apology. I am going to allow us to go forward with no further repercussions, presuming path12 is okay (and I gather he is).

And this is a tense game, so we can all get carried away. I have done it. Most of us has, whom have played for a bit.

All that said, this will not be tolerated further. I am not afraid to send anyone to the Wall and immediately. No insulting fellow players will be allowed.

Don't make me go Big Daddy on you guys. Let's be civil and play nice (even while we're going to war).

C'mon guys. BRIENNE OF TARTH TOLD KING RENLY HE WAS A FUCKING IDIOT!!! This game deserves chaos!

DO IT FOR CHIEF!!
Old 05-29-2013, 10:24 AM   #1089
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post

blah blah blah

And my appeal to the people of Westeros would be to say do not let Renly fool you into thinking the game of thrones is over and the matter decided. He rushes forth to meet me in the battlefield, Tywin roams loose, Joffrey still holds King's Landing and many undecided men and women lurk in the shadows. He wishes to play the part of the underdog hoping people will rush to his side, but in reality things are not so lopsided as he wishes us to think. We have the choice of turning this into a bloody battle weakening the entire Seven Kingdoms, or we can create a united front and perhaps force at least one of these four kings to admit defeat and grow one step closer to a united kingdom.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:26 AM   #1090
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
And my appeal to the people of Westeros would be to say do not let Renly fool you into thinking the game of thrones is over and the matter decided. He rushes forth to meet me in the battlefield, Tywin roams loose, Joffrey still holds King's Landing and many undecided men and women lurk in the shadows. He wishes to play the part of the underdog hoping people will rush to his side, but in reality things are not so lopsided as he wishes us to think. We have the choice of turning this into a bloody battle weakening the entire Seven Kingdoms, or we can create a united front and perhaps force at least one of these four kings to admit defeat and grow one step closer to a united kingdom.

Yes. Play the safe game. Be cautious. After all, you might lose.

Have fun!!! DO IT FOR CHIEF!!
Old 05-29-2013, 10:26 AM   #1091
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Renly, Renly, Renly.

I tried, man. I tried to work with you, hell, in certain circumstances, I'm still willing to try again. But when day after day, messenger upon messenger tells me you are plotting to stab me in the back before the ink was even dry on our treaties, I find your trustworthiness lacking.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:30 AM   #1092
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Renly, Renly, Renly.

I tried, man. I tried to work with you, hell, in certain circumstances, I'm still willing to try again. But when day after day, messenger upon messenger tells me you are plotting to stab me in the back before the ink was even dry on our treaties, I find your trustworthiness lacking.

What treaties? I never got anything concrete from our negotiations.

I will tell the truth to all because what have I to lose at this point? I wanted to ally with the Starks and grind Lannister and Stannis between us. I detailed a plan to do so. I was surprised when it was rejected because it made a ton of sense for both of us. I was even willing, had negotiations proceeded, to propose an end game of making Robb Stark King of the North and myself on the Iron Throne, essentially a tie.

And if you heard I was going to stab you in the back, you need to rethink your trust in your messengers.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:31 AM   #1093
path12
Coordinator

Work calls. I will check in later. Going to be a busy day on both ends.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:33 AM   #1094
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

A tense vote reveals the strains of politics underneath. Do we see fractioning within the House at Storm's End? Will Renly and Stannis, brothers and family, tear each other limb from limb? The carcass of Lannister power seems picked over... but King Joffrey lives on. The spectre of Tywin Lannister the Loose hangs over the kingdom like a haze. And the ever silent but dangerous Northmen bide their time as southron politics play out.

Cersei Lannister, never the one to shy away from contact, casts the first blow, laying down a vote for Brienne of Tarth. King Renly, perhaps jumping to his bannerman's protection, throws the weight of his faction behind a vote on Stannis's bannerman Ser Axell Florent.

Although he would withdraw the vote at the behest of Brienne, nonetheless, King Stannis was affronted. The vote lines were drawn and soon Brienne had votes from half the kingdom, including the key House Stark faction, which came in on Stannis's side. A portent for future relations?

Crows are awing and the smithies are firing. The smell of burning homes and fields scents the air. Swords are sharpened in anticipation. Men are marching.

Brienne of Tarth is an Enemy of the Realm now. But how little does it matter now, even as King Renly refuses to accept the vote?

War is here now.

Old 05-29-2013, 10:34 AM   #1095
fontisian
College Prospect

I feel like I should also apologize in here. Sorry path.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:35 AM   #1096
Autumn
Head Coach

Renly, you have made it far too obvious that you planned to hop from alliance to alliance, wherever might gain you some bonus. We all know each of the other plans to betray us in the end. The trick is waiting 'til the right moment, but you have made clear from the first moments of negotiating with me that you were willing to back out of it in a flash if something else came along. You have claimed outrage that I didn't send you Clegane, or that I voted against you yesterday, yet all along you would use whatever I gave you against me. Anyone who would join with you today is guaranteed you will turn against them tomorrow. Even if you don't realize it today, the rest of us know that tomorrow another shiny trinket will gain your attention. Perhaps you believe that you wouldn't have betrayed the Starks. But they only need to look at me, a brother who just yesterday you swore you wanted to ally with, to see how far to trust you.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:37 AM   #1097
fontisian
College Prospect

Renly voted for you and then rescinded the votes Stannis. It was your choice to continue hostilities.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:39 AM   #1098
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post

You saw our banners at everyones camp. Negotiations were made, and my emissaries did our house honor. Quite simply, there has been nothing in return for any negotiation except vague thoughts of 'maybe doing something together in future'. This is fine. It is a game after all, and two of the houses have early on, despite protestations to the contrary, allied together to try for victory. There is nothing despicable or dishonorable about this.

For those who have played Diplomacy, there is a Russian/Turkish alliance that is solid enough to sweep the board. This is a perfectly valid way to play. But it is a bit dull, no? Dry? Lacking in panache?

Neutrals, having fun not getting ravens? Lannisters, I did try to work against you in hopes of getting a breakthrough but it was not to be. I can't change that, but I can tell you this -- if we are to go down, it will be fighting. Why not join us?

And if not us, consider this: Do it for Chief.

He's put a ton of time and effort into this ruleset, as well as a ton of time and effort to actually run the damn thing. This ruleset does not deserve a 6-3 field goal game ground out in the mud. It does not deserve "safety". It deserves AUDACITY. It deserves shifting alliances, backstabbing, assassinations and yes, war. Do you want guarantees? I cannot provide them. I can tell you that my intent is to win with as many of my original bannermen as possible. There will be casualties and things will change, but this is your chance to go with an underdog -- and who doesn't like rooting for the underdog?

For those neutrals that are bored, get in the game! Send me ravens with info that will help! Tyrion, got any wildfire? Cersei, really want the Lannisters to survive? Do things to make yourself a player here, not just a bystander. For those who aren't afraid to shake things up, join us! Let's have some goddamn fun!

If you'd rather play a safe game and hook up with the sober careful players I totally get that. But we have a chance here to make this one of those games that gets talked about for a long long time. Will we win? Who knows, it's a longshot.

And if nothing else: DO IT FOR CHIEF!!! He'd love it, I promise.

[ooc] Love this post, and I'm totally in it for the fun. Let's let this thing get WILD. [/ooc]
Old 05-29-2013, 10:43 AM   #1099
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Renly voted for you and then rescinded the votes Stannis. It was your choice to continue hostilities.

And as I said to you in private, Brienne, his vote for me made clear that he had chosen to ally against us. Even if he rescinded it, that only meant he was sorry he had revealed himself. If he had wanted to work with me it never would have occurred to him to vote against me. Correct? Just as days before he had agreed to vote the Lannisters and then voted Melisandre instead. These weren't the actions of someone who was clear he wanted me as an ally. Robb Stark, whatever he may be plotting in private, is wise enough to have not voted against me in public. Renly could learn a few things from the boy.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:47 AM   #1100
Autumn
Head Coach

Regardless, it doesn't matter. Jaime Lannister was right - Renly wished to have it both ways and not reveal where he was standing. If you are right, Brienne, and he did not truly mean his vote against me, then it seems he was betraying the Starks who it seems he had a deal with. Now Robb must decide whether to follow through on an alliance with an impulsive man who can't decide who he sides with, or to join me in battle. I know I would choose the king who stands by his words as much as possible, which is why I chose Stark over Renly.