Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-09-2008, 12:22 PM   #1051
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
Yeah, you're right. Especially since Saldana was alone on the mission (as far as players go).

I'm backing off my suspicion of Saldana for now.

Actually, I worded that badly. I don't currently have any real suspicion for Saldana now, which puts him along with almost everybody else in the game.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 12:23 PM   #1052
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
But by the same token, I think we got a stroke of bad luck with the revolt. Or at least given Alan's (or hoops forget which) posts on how it compared to last game, it seemed like more of an aberrational instance than something we can count on happening each night.

Right - they only got out because the slave pen was damaged and we didn't have enough engineer cycles to fix both the Security HQ and the slave pen.

If both are fixed at the end of the day (well, they already are), the slaves won't get back out.

However, the transition to night will account for the damage they did while running around today just as it has at the past two deadlines.
mccollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 12:24 PM   #1053
KWhit
Coordinator

Yeah, let's keep the slaves around, now that the security risk will be mitigated. They're good cannon fodder for away missions.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:25 PM   #1054
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccollins View Post
Right - they only got out because the slave pen was damaged and we didn't have enough engineer cycles to fix both the Security HQ and the slave pen.

If both are fixed at the end of the day (well, they already are), the slaves won't get back out.

However, the transition to night will account for the damage they did while running around today just as it has at the past two deadlines.

True, but

A) We're rounding them up, that should help

B) This is with regard to if we should kill them all (via Alan's directive), which we have to round up to do anyhow, so it's inferred the at the time of that decision being made that they are in an undamaged pen, right?
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 12:26 PM   #1055
KWhit
Coordinator

Telle, did you send in your away mission pm to BK yet? Or were you waiting on an answer from him about something?
Old 07-09-2008, 12:26 PM   #1056
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I know that people are eager to lynch someone, and I'll likely get heat for bringing this up, but I'm still wondering if no lynch isn't a bad idea for today as well.

I personally don't have a great gut feel on who might be wolves.. I have a few people in mind based on their interactions so far, but if I was wrong about them.. I'd likely blow the entire mission for us by getting them killed... We just have so much work to do that it does not feel like we even have enough people to do it all now..

Kwhit was right yesterday, we really need to get off of this rock ASAP.. We need our engineers to work overtime to get stuff fixed.. Security needs to work overtime to keep people and areas guarded, our away teams need to work overtime to get crystals, etc...

Once off this rock, we really then have to buckle down and figure out who is or is not bad...
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 12:27 PM   #1057
Barkeep49
Coordinator

A flurry of activity occurs after much discussion. saldana & hoops go after more of the wayward slaves. At the same time, Telle gathers an away team to go exploring. Joining her are LoneStarGirl, Chubby, Marc Vaughn, and a slave.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 12:28 PM   #1058
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Barkeep, so the four security officers that have gone to get slaves have completed their mission, so we have 16/18 in the pens now?
Old 07-09-2008, 12:30 PM   #1059
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I personally don't have a great gut feel on who might be wolves.. I have a few people in mind based on their interactions so far, but if I was wrong about them.. I'd likely blow the entire mission for us by getting them killed... We just have so much work to do that it does not feel like we even have enough people to do it all now..

Really? Because I have no idea.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:31 PM   #1060
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

I have a few people pinging the radar, but I'm not sure I'm comfortable enough to actually want to see one lynched, when there is the work to be done.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 12:31 PM   #1061
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Barkeep, so the four security officers that have gone to get slaves have completed their mission, so we have 16/18 in the pens now?
Assuming no one faked their actions, yes.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:32 PM   #1062
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
I know that people are eager to lynch someone, and I'll likely get heat for bringing this up, but I'm still wondering if no lynch isn't a bad idea for today as well.

Kwhit was right yesterday, we really need to get off of this rock ASAP.. We need our engineers to work overtime to get stuff fixed.. Security needs to work overtime to keep people and areas guarded, our away teams need to work overtime to get crystals, etc...

Once off this rock, we really then have to buckle down and figure out who is or is not bad...

This just about nails my sentiments exactly.

I have no clue who I would vote to lynch - seems like we need all hands on deck.

I want off this planet ASAP which is why I'm pushing for more mining to happen (like Saldana and slaves tomorrow along with at least 2 away teams).

Since RendeR did not finish training Chubby we have to wait an extra day to send an extra away team. No offense Danny, but I don't know that healing you was worth that
Old 07-09-2008, 12:32 PM   #1063
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Really? Because I have no idea.

Perhaps I should have worded that gut feelings based on people's play versus what I would normally expect their play to be...

My gut feelings seem to be rather hit or miss though in early stages of WW games.. So I guess my point is that without a real good feel for anyone, I'm wondering if we shouldn't no lynch still. We just need more people than we have already, so killing off people would hurt that more.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:33 PM   #1064
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post

So when will we have confirmation that the slaves are in the pen?
Old 07-09-2008, 12:33 PM   #1065
Barkeep49
Coordinator

The crew is excited to see Telle and her team come back again. Except for the mission from yesterday things haven't been going terribly well. Can this group repeat yesterday's success? The command staff gathers around to hear Telle's report.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:33 PM   #1066
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:

Can have a current count of slaves in the pen?
Old 07-09-2008, 12:33 PM   #1067
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

I have to get going for work and won't be home until about 8pm pst. I don't have strong suspicions of anyone at this point, at least not strong enough to vote for them. I will place my vote of

VOTE NO LYNCH

and hope we have more to go on for tomorrow's execution. I plan on guarding the Security HQ tonight though I'm both wounded and exhausted. Is there anyone left that can 'heal' me? I don't want 2 strikes against me tonight in case I have to ward off an attack.

I'll be on again tonight though it will take most of my night to just get caught up on the posts I'm sure!
Mrs. Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 12:34 PM   #1068
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
The crew is excited to see Telle and her team come back again. Except for the mission from yesterday things haven't been going terribly well. Can this group repeat yesterday's success? The command staff gathers around to hear Telle's report.

C'mon, big money, big money, no whammy, no whammy...STOP! (fingers crossed)
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 12:35 PM   #1069
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
This just about nails my sentiments exactly.

I have no clue who I would vote to lynch - seems like we need all hands on deck.

I want off this planet ASAP which is why I'm pushing for more mining to happen (like Saldana and slaves tomorrow along with at least 2 away teams).

Since RendeR did not finish training Chubby we have to wait an extra day to send an extra away team. No offense Danny, but I don't know that healing you was worth that

I agree with that!
Old 07-09-2008, 12:36 PM   #1070
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Quote:

I can't tell my boss that I was late because of WW but I want to know how many crys we got! haha
Old 07-09-2008, 12:37 PM   #1071
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

dola
I'll just look after I get ready.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:37 PM   #1072
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Schmidty View Post
I have to get going for work and won't be home until about 8pm pst. I don't have strong suspicions of anyone at this point, at least not strong enough to vote for them. I will place my vote of

VOTE NO LYNCH

and hope we have more to go on for tomorrow's execution. I plan on guarding the Security HQ tonight though I'm both wounded and exhausted. Is there anyone left that can 'heal' me? I don't want 2 strikes against me tonight in case I have to ward off an attack.

I'll be on again tonight though it will take most of my night to just get caught up on the posts I'm sure!

Hoops is gonna be pissed!

Old 07-09-2008, 12:37 PM   #1073
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Schmidty View Post
I can't tell my boss that I was late because of WW but I want to know how many crys we got! haha

It was only exploration, not mining since the cargo hold is broken (no place to store the crys).
Old 07-09-2008, 12:38 PM   #1074
Barkeep49
Coordinator

"First, sirs, you should know that the slave was attacked by a Spawn. The slave didn't make it, but no one else was at risk. Overall we had another very good day. Far above average, frankly. What we scouted today wasn't quite as good as yesterday, but it should still give us a shot. I have to tell you though sir, despite the attack from the Spawn, it wasn't nearly as dangerous out there as we'd have expected. That Spawn got mighty lucky to get to any of us. Mighty lucky."

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 07-09-2008 at 12:38 PM.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:39 PM   #1075
KWhit
Coordinator

Innnnnnterrrrresting.....
Old 07-09-2008, 12:40 PM   #1076
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
That Spawn got mighty lucky to get to any of us. Mighty lucky."

How do you read this? Is it that the Spawn got a very rare percentage hit or do you read it more ominously, like they had help?
Old 07-09-2008, 12:41 PM   #1077
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
How do you read this? Is it that the Spawn got a very rare percentage hit or do you read it more ominously, like they had help?

I read it that they hit a lucky 'roll.' But that is still ominous to me because (kind of meta-game thinking here) it likely means the % chance is very low because we're already very Spawn infested.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:42 PM   #1078
KWhit
Coordinator

Good job on the away mission guys and gals.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:43 PM   #1079
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Kwhit, seems so far that there aren't that many voices wanting me to kill off the slaves.. at least no one really strongly arguing for it. If you want to use your AP to plan another mission for tommorrow (so we can have 3 tommorrow), up to you. I'll likely not be needing my 3 AP to kill off slaves and can order people who aren't around to do things.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:44 PM   #1080
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Can have a current count of slaves in the pen?

And I would like to this.. if we can find out how many slaves currently are in the pen... by my count it -should- be 15/17
Old 07-09-2008, 12:45 PM   #1081
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
I thought from BKs write-up that Saldana's mission was pretty much a disaster. I'll go find the post...

The PM sounded like it didn't go well. But he didn't have a scientist or privates along for the ride. And it is a dice roll.

That is why I would like to send him out again - see if the results improve. Plus the secondary benefit of potentially keeping our crew out of harms way.

16 crys = 20% of total, if we get another one of those missions along with 3 more of our folks (potentially could do this by end of day tomorrow) then we have what we need for takeoff. I think that is a longshot, but I don't want to be on this rock next week and I think the slaves potentially help us get there.

I have no idea about Saldana = good/bad. But I would be happy to have one more data point (a 2nd away mission) if he isn't lynched today.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 12:45 PM   #1082
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:

Perhaps the rare percentage was that the slave was not only attacked, but also killed?
Old 07-09-2008, 12:45 PM   #1083
KWhit
Coordinator

Good thought. I'll do that.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:46 PM   #1084
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Good thought. I'll do that.

That was to Alan's post above mine.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:46 PM   #1085
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Kwhit, seems so far that there aren't that many voices wanting me to kill off the slaves.. at least no one really strongly arguing for it. If you want to use your AP to plan another mission for tommorrow (so we can have 3 tommorrow), up to you. I'll likely not be needing my 3 AP to kill off slaves and can order people who aren't around to do things.

I agree with this - I'm hopeful we can round up 3 away missions tomorrow.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:47 PM   #1086
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Has Danny put in his work order yet? Just double-checking what the engineers have done to plan ahead for tonight.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:47 PM   #1087
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Perhaps the rare percentage was that the slave was not only attacked, but also killed?

I believe it works as:

10% chance for any away team member to be attacked by a spawn.

If 10% chance is hit and spawn have an attack on that team member, the following occurs:

{If member = slave, member dies.
else if member = crew, member is infected with a spawnling
}
Old 07-09-2008, 12:48 PM   #1088
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
The PM sounded like it didn't go well. But he didn't have a scientist or privates along for the ride. And it is a dice roll.

That is why I would like to send him out again - see if the results improve. Plus the secondary benefit of potentially keeping our crew out of harms way.

16 crys = 20% of total, if we get another one of those missions along with 3 more of our folks (potentially could do this by end of day tomorrow) then we have what we need for takeoff. I think that is a longshot, but I don't want to be on this rock next week and I think the slaves potentially help us get there.

I have no idea about Saldana = good/bad. But I would be happy to have one more data point (a 2nd away mission) if he isn't lynched today.

Can't mine for crys today - cargo hold is broken so we have nowhere to store it.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:49 PM   #1089
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Has Danny put in his work order yet? Just double-checking what the engineers have done to plan ahead for tonight.

I think we're missing:

Danny's repair order (he works till 3:30pm he says)
Schmidty's gathering up slave order (he works at some point, but if I don't get the correct time, he'll yell at me in Big Green letters)
The Jackal's order to heal someone (preferably security team I suppose)
Passacaglia's order to lock people in the brig for tonight (I'm assuming he is waiting until later to submit this as there is no rush on it)
Kwhit has one more daytime AP
Alan T has 3 AP
Old 07-09-2008, 12:51 PM   #1090
KWhit
Coordinator

In thinking this through again, we may be putting ourselves at too much risk by sending out team members at all. If we send out 2-3 away teams per day, that ends up being around 10 of us per day that goes out. Meaning that at
Old 07-09-2008, 12:51 PM   #1091
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

One thing I wanted to ask about that has been bugging me.. but no one else seemed to even mention it..

Yesterday Danny said after fixing the security HQ, he had extra time and built a robot that has basic interaction with the rest of the crew, or something along those lines?

Does that not seem odd to anyone else? I'm just trying to understand how he did that, what part of his role allowed him to do that and what the purpose of it is and how it plays any part in the story? To me that sounded more like something the scientist role should be able to do than an engineer...
Old 07-09-2008, 12:52 PM   #1092
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
I believe it works as:

10% chance for any away team member to be attacked by a spawn.

If 10% chance is hit and spawn have an attack on that team member, the following occurs:

{If member = slave, member dies.
else if member = crew, member is infected with a spawnling
}

That makes sense.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:53 PM   #1093
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Hoops is gonna be pissed!

It is a strange form of werewolf that people are playing here.

Do we really think that there was no spawn action last night?
Do we really believe that no one that went out last night got the 10% hit on spawnling and is now a spawn today? I'll run the math on this one when I've got some time this afternoon.

I'll have more time to focus on this by late afternoon, but you are right - I think no lynch is a bad, bad idea. Public roles get back-filled, so I don't understand why people are so gun-shy about taking a shot at getting a spawn.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:53 PM   #1094
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
In thinking this through again, we may be putting ourselves at too much risk by sending out team members at all. If we send out 2-3 away teams per day, that ends up being around 10 of us per day that goes out. Meaning that at

Premature posting.....

This is the full thought:

In thinking this through again, we may be putting ourselves at too much risk by sending out team members at all. If we send out 2-3 away teams per day, that ends up being around 10 of us per day that goes out. Meaning that at 10% chance per person, we'll be getting an average of 1 conversion a day that we have to mine (in addition to the normal night-time attacks or conversions. That's seriously high.

Maybe we want to consider sending out ONLY slaves (with possible assistance from the scientists) for futuire missions.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:53 PM   #1095
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:

"Don't stop - believin'!!!!"
Old 07-09-2008, 12:54 PM   #1096
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
The Jackal's order to heal someone (preferably security team I suppose)

Didn't Path ask to be healed as well?
Old 07-09-2008, 12:56 PM   #1097
hoopsguy
General Manager

So do we have a water count from the misssion? If we have enough for everyone then there is no reason to send more out today if the cargo won't hold it - same as crys.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:56 PM   #1098
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Premature posting.....

This is the full thought:

In thinking this through again, we may be putting ourselves at too much risk by sending out team members at all. If we send out 2-3 away teams per day, that ends up being around 10 of us per day that goes out. Meaning that at 10% chance per person, we'll be getting an average of 1 conversion a day that we have to mine (in addition to the normal night-time attacks or conversions. That's seriously high.

Maybe we want to consider sending out ONLY slaves (with possible assistance from the scientists) for futuire missions.

I forgot that Chubby won't be an officer tommorrow anyways since he took today off.. so we'd only really be able to do two away teams tommorrow anyhows.. Telle + Scientist + slaves, and Saldana + slaves (so 3 crew at risk).. it would be the following day we can have 3 away teams of Telle + scientist + slaves, Saldana + slaves and Chubby + scientist + slaves.

By then, our other privates will all have new jobs anyways.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:57 PM   #1099
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
One thing I wanted to ask about that has been bugging me.. but no one else seemed to even mention it..

Yesterday Danny said after fixing the security HQ, he had extra time and built a robot that has basic interaction with the rest of the crew, or something along those lines?

Does that not seem odd to anyone else? I'm just trying to understand how he did that, what part of his role allowed him to do that and what the purpose of it is and how it plays any part in the story? To me that sounded more like something the scientist role should be able to do than an engineer...

I caught this as weird as well. He didn't mention that it came from a PM, so it sounds like it may be some extra ability he has OR a lie (but why come out with a lie like that early?). I'm curious though if this robot could actually replace slaves, doing away with their ability to do damage to the ship and the need to manage them.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:57 PM   #1100
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Didn't Path ask to be healed as well?

I expect Path to be in the brig tonight where he should be safe.. so I'm not that worried about him as I am about the security guards who will be keeping everything safe.