Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-30-2006, 04:49 PM   #1051
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Night 0, I did nothing. I started with 10 shillings.
Day 1, spent 7 on hiring an urchin, and 5 on the opium den (leaving 1 spare shilling of the 13 I had).
End of night 1, I got my opium den PM which I shared with everyone at the time, and found out I had failed to hire an urchin as well as being robbed.
I will say this, whether it leads to people trusting me more or less. I can only carry 10 gold at a time. I can carry no more then that at any time. It doesnt damn you, but it proves we at least dont have the same role which makes me happier with my vote.
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 04:50 PM   #1052
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I trust Alant for some reason. But Blade has somebody vouching for him. So unless Blade and his voucher are bad most people are going ot vote for Alant. I dont think I want to vote for either one.

vote raiders army
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 04:51 PM   #1053
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I'm stuck in a bad place. Nearly everything Alan has said about his role matches up with me. I'm nearly 100% sure we started with the same role. I don't have much time, but I have some thinking to do. I think either Alan or Blade has been converted.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 04:53 PM   #1054
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Just to get my full night 1 in the open since its at question. I cant quote my PM so will just give the highlights.

I go to the opium den and settle down on the couch.
My opium induced dream is a very funny reference to the Atlanta Braves which is my favorite baseball team and Chief knows that. I actually made jokes about it in this game 2 different times just giving Chief a hard time about how he put it in my PM.

I wake up and go home.

I find my bribe untaken.

I was told urchins found other missions more lucrative.

I am told even worse, I was burglarized.

The burglar missed my money pouch near the door step but didnt miss much inside.

There, thats my night 1. Care to retract your statement Blade?
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 04:54 PM   #1055
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Blade, are you certain that you were bidding against Alan for the services of the urchin?

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 04:55 PM   #1056
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Just to get my full night 1 in the open since its at question. I cant quote my PM so will just give the highlights.

I go to the opium den and settle down on the couch.
My opium induced dream is a very funny reference to the Atlanta Braves which is my favorite baseball team and Chief knows that. I actually made jokes about it in this game 2 different times just giving Chief a hard time about how he put it in my PM.

I wake up and go home.

I find my bribe untaken.

I was told urchins found other missions more lucrative.

I am told even worse, I was burglarized.

The burglar missed my money pouch near the door step but didnt miss much inside.

There, thats my night 1. Care to retract your statement Blade?
Why would i? You say you bid 7, i won the bidding with a bid of 6. Then, while maybe the normal villagers can carry more, i can only carry 10 shillings at a time while you claim to have had 13. What about your story would make me want to change?
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 11-30-2006, 04:56 PM   #1057
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
Of the people whose role I don't know, the vast majority have been a john (or claimed it, or attempting it) or been to the opium den. Offhand, the remaining ones who haven't are saldana, LSG, RA, and Alan.

Right? Did I miss any of the four above claiming to seek comfort in their vices, or one of the proprietors identifying them as a customer?

I'm actually not trying to make a point that they're bad guys, necessarily, as I have no reason to think that Jekyll or Moriarty would be beyond visiting a prostitute, for example, and equally, there are a couple of as-yet-unidentified roles that would not be particularly likely to be customers.

W, i did go looking for a hooker on night 0, but didnt find one in the 2 areas i looked...since then i stayed home on night 1 to save money, and stayed home again, since of the 3 kills on night one, only the werewolf seems to come to your house to kill you...i thought it was the best way to stay alive...the other kills both happened in the streets
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 04:58 PM   #1058
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Blade, are you certain that you were bidding against Alan for the services of the urchin?
I placed a bid of 6 shillings for the urchin on day 1. Unless someone else can come forward and say they placed a bid of 8 or more and got a second urchin on day one but never told us until now(which even if they do i will be skeptical), i believe i bid against alan just as i did saldana and i think LSG. Actually, i find it more likely alan didnt bid, as i see no reason for him to say he bid 7 and stand by it if he bid 6 or less. Saldana bet 6, so i beat most likely by a tie-breaker. I dont really see a scenario where he bid 7 and lost to me for an urchin. And i dont think their are more then one urchins running around we can bribe, as i dont think its a character in the game.
Demotivation
Old 11-30-2006, 04:58 PM   #1059
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
Why would i? You say you bid 7, i won the bidding with a bid of 6. Then, while maybe the normal villagers can carry more, i can only carry 10 shillings at a time while you claim to have had 13. What about your story would make me want to change?

Just wondering how tightly you are wanting to put the noose around your neck is all. I dont have anything in my PM limiting me to 10 shillings either. I started out with 10 shillings or half a pound.

The only warning i get is to not horde my money since some criminal denizens have a nose for unspent money and I could get burglarized (which I did).
Old 11-30-2006, 04:58 PM   #1060
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Mr. W quick. I have 5 minutes b/f I have to go to work. Are you sure that Blade wasn't turned last night? If conversions are in the game him and hoops and the prostitutes out in the open were the top candidates for conversion last night.
Old 11-30-2006, 05:00 PM   #1061
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

ok. almost out of time on my break so gotta make this quick. it seems that blade's arguments have more evidence behind them. I should be home in time to change last minute if necessary. apologies I can't bold on my phone

VOTE ALANT

back to work for me
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 05:01 PM   #1062
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

.....I need to know this b/f I vote.....
Old 11-30-2006, 05:01 PM   #1063
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
ok. almost out of time on my break so gotta make this quick. it seems that blade's arguments have more evidence behind them. I should be home in time to change last minute if necessary. apologies I can't bold on my phone

VOTE ALANT

back to work for me

I laugh at the word evidence
Old 11-30-2006, 05:01 PM   #1064
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

dubb, while I can't completely rule out Blade getting turned, I think it's highly unlikely for the role that I think he holds.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 11-30-2006, 05:05 PM   #1065
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Well I'm going to walk back to the hotel and maybe get some dinner. I'll likely be away for an hour or so I guess. I doubt Im needed around for a bit anyways. I've said all i can, and don't have any other special role or anything great to reveal.

All thats left for me is to sit back in the old "You're lying"... "No! you're lying" back and forth with Blade the rest of the night. Blade picked someone who obviously has no ability to know anything about him at night to do this with for a reason. I feel confident I've put out enough to keep those who are good from voting for me. The only ones left you know who to go after tommorrow

I'll be back later to see how Blade is squirming as more people show up
Old 11-30-2006, 05:07 PM   #1066
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
dubb, while I can't completely rule out Blade getting turned, I think it's highly unlikely for the role that I think he holds.

Well, I think Alan's points about his role have jived more with me than what Blade has said this game. That puts Alan further up my trust list than Blade in the first place. While I have no say in the whole urchin bidding business, I have no clue who bidded what, I think that is between the two of them.

If you can't rule out blade being turned I'm going to have to side with Alan. No matter how unlikely it is(again, I have no clue what role you think Blade has, I had him down as a slightly irregular londener)

With all that said I must

VOTE BLADE6119

I think he was one of, if not the top suspect for conversion last night. And with that I am out for the night. Lunch time is over, I'll will be back a little after 10PM est when I get off work. If Alan ends up getting lynched I hope I'm wrong about him, but I still think he is playing with the same cards I myself have been dealt.
Old 11-30-2006, 05:11 PM   #1067
path12
Coordinator

One question. Might it be possible for a particular role to take precedence over a bid amount?

My thinking is along this line: Blade claims to have an unlisted role (and that possibility does exist in the rules). He says it is one that the title might make one doubt his allegiance. What if it was something that tangentially related to the urchins? Maybe then if he places a bid it gets precedence over a common Londoner.

I'm trying to come up with an explanation where they're both good and neither is lying. That's the best I can think of right now.
Old 11-30-2006, 05:13 PM   #1068
hoopsguy
General Manager

Dubb, I can't 100% rule out Blade being converted but I can provide a good reason for why he is unlikely to have been converted - at least last night.

I'll post it if we are at a point during the voting where it becomes necessary to do so. For now I'm trying to allow people some secrets.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 05:13 PM   #1069
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
One question. Might it be possible for a particular role to take precedence over a bid amount?

My thinking is along this line: Blade claims to have an unlisted role (and that possibility does exist in the rules). He says it is one that the title might make one doubt his allegiance. What if it was something that tangentially related to the urchins? Maybe then if he places a bid it gets precedence over a common Londoner.

I'm trying to come up with an explanation where they're both good and neither is lying. That's the best I can think of right now.

My initial role PM describes the urchin as a capitalist, explaining he will only undertake a mission that is lucrative to him. So i see no reason for him to accept my 6 over Alan's 7.

And no, i have no connection to the urchins in town
Demotivation
Old 11-30-2006, 05:14 PM   #1070
Blade6119
Coordinator

Alan T - Daddy Torgo, Blade, Cronin, Mr. W, Hoopsguy, Path

Blade - AlanT, Dubb

Raiders Army - LSG

Am i missing anything?
Demotivation
Old 11-30-2006, 05:16 PM   #1071
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

okay well i sat here and thought about it and decided that if i trust alant, why not vote for blade? I dont want to have a wasted vote tonight

vote blade
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 05:16 PM   #1072
Blade6119
Coordinator

And if no one swapps off of alan, we have our 6 needed for lynch, regardless of 16 population or 17 if izulde counts while in jail.

Speaking of which:

VOTE NO LYNCH IZULDE
Demotivation
Old 11-30-2006, 05:17 PM   #1073
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
okay well i sat here and thought about it and decided that if i trust alant, why not vote for blade? I dont want to have a wasted vote tonight

vote blade
You have to unvote raiders then vote me LSG, please corrrect that
Demotivation
Old 11-30-2006, 05:18 PM   #1074
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

At this point, I'm very interested in seeing if Raiders Army has anything to add to the conversation... either about Blade vs. Alan, or about Izulde being in the clink.

Old 11-30-2006, 05:19 PM   #1075
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Blade, we've got enough to lynch, but we do need to be concerned about who wins the vote. It doesn't do any good to have six on someone else if there's seven on you.

Old 11-30-2006, 05:21 PM   #1076
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Blade, we've got enough to lynch, but we do need to be concerned about who wins the vote. It doesn't do any good to have six on someone else if there's seven on you.
I dont expect us to stay at 6, so im not really all that worried. Im much more interested in watching from here on out who falls where(and LSG, much more then dubby). If nothing changes between now and then, LSG is my vote tomorrow.
Demotivation
Old 11-30-2006, 05:28 PM   #1077
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
My initial role PM describes the urchin as a capitalist, explaining he will only undertake a mission that is lucrative to him. So i see no reason for him to accept my 6 over Alan's 7.

And no, i have no connection to the urchins in town

OK, maybe not the urchins (JE's role kind of covered that anyway). But without revealing, is there the possibility that your role has some sort of prestige attached to it that might make a bid from you more attractive than one from a common Londoner, even if it was slightly less?
Old 11-30-2006, 05:28 PM   #1078
Lorena
Unregistered

Well, blade and alan have said things that match my first PM, so it's really difficult for me to choose which one to vote for.

Some have talked about blade possibly getting converted, but isn't it a possibility that the one that got converted was alan? I mean, he keeps quoting the first PM which a role a lot of us have, but someone refresh my memory on what he did last night because I don't remember right off the bat.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 05:29 PM   #1079
Lorena
Unregistered

dola,

How are the votes looking? I've been really lazy and haven't kept track. Thx in advance.
Old 11-30-2006, 05:31 PM   #1080
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
OK, maybe not the urchins (JE's role kind of covered that anyway). But without revealing, is there the possibility that your role has some sort of prestige attached to it that might make a bid from you more attractive than one from a common Londoner, even if it was slightly less?

I would think my name is even less recognizable to the urchins then even the fellow commoners of london. I am not someone of prestige, as i come from rather humble means and have morals to reflect as such.
Demotivation
Old 11-30-2006, 05:38 PM   #1081
hoopsguy
General Manager

I've been scanning through the last 700 or so posts looking to see if anyone previously made a claim to have spent 7+ shillings - if I had found it I would have switched my vote from Alan to Blade. But I haven't been able to find anything along those lines.
Old 11-30-2006, 05:38 PM   #1082
hoopsguy
General Manager

Also, I've asked a couple of times for some explanation of the events I saw around Schmidty last night and have not gotten an answer. This makes me nervous, as there are multiple people who could potentially address this.
Old 11-30-2006, 05:40 PM   #1083
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Also, I've asked a couple of times for some explanation of the events I saw around Schmidty last night and have not gotten an answer. This makes me nervous, as there are multiple people who could potentially address this.

Isnt it quite possible those people dont want to address this? I have held things back for purposes of helping good all throughout, is it not possible the people you want to answer your questions are doing the same?
Demotivation
Old 11-30-2006, 05:41 PM   #1084
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
I've been scanning through the last 700 or so posts looking to see if anyone previously made a claim to have spent 7+ shillings - if I had found it I would have switched my vote from Alan to Blade. But I haven't been able to find anything along those lines.

Hoops, I would have remembered something like that because I was interested in how much an urchin could be hired for. When Blade mentioned he paid 10 shillings, I figured that was something I didn't want to pursue... it's a little much for me.
Old 11-30-2006, 05:42 PM   #1085
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:

If they had i would have reacted then. One other person, saldana i think, claimed a bid of 6 i believe. I just assumed i won a tie-breaker and moved about my business.
Demotivation
Old 11-30-2006, 05:43 PM   #1086
saldana
Pro Starter

this is a tough call....alan has had my back all day, but right now its a question of whether we believe blade or not about the 6 shillings....i cant see blade making a 1 for 1 trade with this much game left, so as much as it bothers me to do this

vote alant
Old 11-30-2006, 05:44 PM   #1087
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
If they had i would have reacted then. One other person, saldana i think, claimed a bid of 6 i believe. I just assumed i won a tie-breaker and moved about my business.

thats correct...i bid 6 on day 1 and was told that the urchins went for a better offer.
Old 11-30-2006, 05:46 PM   #1088
saldana
Pro Starter

dola, i was not told what the offer was, but when blade said 10 the next day, i decided to stay home so i would have 13 to use the next time i put in a bid....which by the way, was for tonight, so i hopefully will have some info for the good of the town tomorrow.
Old 11-30-2006, 05:48 PM   #1089
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Isnt it quite possible those people dont want to address this? I have held things back for purposes of helping good all throughout, is it not possible the people you want to answer your questions are doing the same?

Sure, but since we are looking at a Blade/Alan showdown I would like to understand the variables. And understanding this would make me a LOT more comfortable with my decision. I'm not sure what to make of the fact that 3-4 people who could talk about it are choosing not to do so.

I'm asking for answers to this now. I'll be demanding answers if Alan turns out to be a bad lynch.
Old 11-30-2006, 05:55 PM   #1090
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:

As I already said, I feel like any further information than I've already offered is essentially a full role reveal, and I'm not willing to do that under the current circumstances.

Old 11-30-2006, 05:56 PM   #1091
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I'm back and about to order room service. I actually figured Blade would have backpeddled some by now or something. Surely if he is bad, why would he pursue me on this.

I've told folks the truth, I put in my order to the urchin to follow Schmidty that night. I really want to see Blade lynched if I die here today, but Im not sure how much of that is just spite out of Blade not being reasonable here or lying about something or I dont know what.

If Blade is actually telling the truth, then I have no idea why my order to have Schmidty followed wasnt taken unless Schmidty was the urchin I actually was trying to bribe.

It looks like people are deadset on lynching me which is fine, I guess my question to you all is the following:

What do you learn when I turn up good? Who do you go after? Are you willing to go after Blade tommorrow?
Old 11-30-2006, 06:00 PM   #1092
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Actually, I neglected to mention that. Good catch. Yes, roles will be revealed upon death, although no guarantees that there isn't a night action in the game that could temporarily confuse things there.

But, yes, you will receive role/identity information upon death.

Not trying to squirm out, just wondering if chief is hinting at this...either way he needs to die
Demotivation
Old 11-30-2006, 06:03 PM   #1093
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Not trying to squirm out, just wondering if chief is hinting at this...either way he needs to die

Is this going to be your story when I turn up good? THat i have a role that clouds things?
Old 11-30-2006, 06:09 PM   #1094
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Is this going to be your story when I turn up good? THat i have a role that clouds things?

No, i wont need that at all..ive got all the evidence i need to prove im on the side of good, just talking while we await your doom
Demotivation
Old 11-30-2006, 06:12 PM   #1095
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
No, i wont need that at all..ive got all the evidence i need to prove im on the side of good, just talking while we await your doom

Well while we're talking to await my doom.. I would love to hear what people's plan will be tommorrow after my lynch reveals I am good. You seem very confident you'll stay safe, confident enough to make this play and flat out say I'm lying about my action from the other day. This intrigues me alot since I often can map things out, but I really am puzzled by what your play here is. I don't understand why you are putting yourself on the line just to lynch a common londoner.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:13 PM   #1096
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
What do you learn when I turn up good? Who do you go after? Are you willing to go after Blade tommorrow?

If you turn up good, it would take some extraordinary info to make me not vote Blade tomorrow.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:15 PM   #1097
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Well while we're talking to await my doom.. I would love to hear what people's plan will be tommorrow after my lynch reveals I am good. You seem very confident you'll stay safe, confident enough to make this play and flat out say I'm lying about my action from the other day. This intrigues me alot since I often can map things out, but I really am puzzled by what your play here is. I don't understand why you are putting yourself on the line just to lynch a common londoner.

Its the only lie i have caught anyone in all game, what reason do i have to believe your a common londoner?

Besides, all my death will bring is fact to my claims
Demotivation
Old 11-30-2006, 06:16 PM   #1098
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I did not spend 10 gold on day 1 for the urchin, and barkeep was not the only person the urchin saw in the district. I lied about both for different reasons. The first to trap a bad guy into doing what Alan has just done(lie about placing a bid, which i now know he did not) and the latter to protect raiders from the public eye.

This made me mad. He didn't lie just to protect raiders. He lied to incriminate me. Let's not forget until I had a calvacade of people come forward to vouch for me, the reason I was trying not to do a hard defense since I hoped the vote simply wouldn't pick up much steam, I was set to be lynched nearly exclusively because of what Blade said.

Then there is Alan. For whatever reason Alan tried hard to pretend he hadn't been to a prostitue. I guess I just wasn't that good. For whatever reason he told me about his rounders dream. The whole thing was strange and was very different than the flavor I've gotten on my 3 other visits (hoops is right that I had two clients last night).

Blade is all happy like over his catching of Alan in a supposed lie, but his lie over the murder situation makes me uneasy to say the least. I'm around until lynch, but at this point and time I would cast my vote against Blade rather than Alan perhaps over his own intentionally misleading attempt to get me killed.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 06:21 PM   #1099
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Blade, if you are trusting Raiders then what direction do you think makes sense for our vote today? I've got a better feel for people I would prefer to avoid than people I should vote to lynch.

Swaggs? LSG? Do you distrust Alan now? Would love to talk through some scenarios ...

I probably distrust Alan more than I trust him, but I like having him in the game, so probably wouldn't vote for him unless he got fingered. He does a good job of throwing ideas out and keeping the lines of communication open.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 06:25 PM   #1100
path12
Coordinator

I wish I didn't have to leave but I do. I'll be away until after lynch.