Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
Hi st. cronin.

hi, neon.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 10:47 PM   #1052
RendeR
Coordinator

We still have to put in a room each night, so I'm assuming I go scan whomever and then ehad off to my room, if they find me there then I'm dead.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 10:48 PM   #1053
RendeR
Coordinator

And the "sleep with your wife" line is from the movie version of CLUE where Mr. Green is assumed to be gay throughout the film and then turns out to be a government spie and straight.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:49 PM   #1054
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
And the "sleep with your wife" line is from the movie version of CLUE where Mr. Green is assumed to be gay throughout the film and then turns out to be a government spie and straight.

LOL aaaah okay. never saw the movie version
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 10:51 PM   #1055
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:

i caught that earlier.

Old 08-16-2007, 10:52 PM   #1056
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

dola

That's just one of the 3 endings.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:02 PM   #1057
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
dola

That's just one of the 3 endings.

Yeah but if i recall correctly he says that in all three. Gotta rent that again. hilarious movie.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:08 PM   #1058
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
no no. My question was "the wolves can't just do this can they?"

that'd be a hugely broken piece of the game. We'll still win, but that'd be pretty odd

But they can still submit a room. It doesn't matter where they search. The seer and Mrs. White are coming to them!
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 11:28 PM   #1059
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Checking in. Good morning, everyone, lessee what's been hapnin...
Crim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 11:29 PM   #1060
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

hi crim. Hi ntn
Old 08-16-2007, 11:35 PM   #1061
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Hi DT.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 11:36 PM   #1062
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

And I think I remember if you dont put in a room, you are put in some random room.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 11:41 PM   #1063
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Umm, ELEVEN pages since last night? Sheesh, better fasten my seat belt!
Old 08-16-2007, 11:42 PM   #1064
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Hi DT. And all.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:04 AM   #1065
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

hmmm

ntndeacon went byebye without a word
Old 08-17-2007, 12:22 AM   #1066
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

and crim just said "hi" and he's gone now.

FYI...1 member and 1 guest viewing thread
Old 08-17-2007, 02:06 AM   #1067
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Okay, I'm done reading. Whew!

Welp, looks like I've got some splainin to do!

I wondered at work today if I'd been too forward in going after CR. After some thought, I decided that the other 7-ish no-names, plus Chief, plus Scarlett, would all suspect me for putting him out there as a potential wolf.

My motivation was to protect him from the bad guys, especially cronin (or alan), because it seems like the night kills often avoid villagers who are likely to get lynched soon anyway. Wolves tend to enjoy villager on villager crime. And I figured that Chief had been pretty up front, and kind of acting like he had a role, so that's why I wanted to make it seem like I could build a case against him after we'd disposed of cronin.

At the same time, though, with Scarlett plus all the no-names knowing Chief's identity, I knew Chief was definitely safe from lynching, so when I was typing it, I thought my play was brilliant. Was a couple hours later, at work, when I started thinking that I'd commited suicide with all that. Shoulda been more subtle.

Well, it's my first game, no regrets, at least I can feel good about being the second to call out st. cronin (and the first vote on night 2)! Woot!

For what it's worth, when path started coming after me and Telle and Daddy Torgo, I actually put path onto my "mostly good" list, since he had to know who Peacock was in order to know "she" was being accused.
Old 08-17-2007, 02:08 AM   #1068
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
and crim just said "hi" and he's gone now.

FYI...1 member and 1 guest viewing thread

Yeah, I checked in, and commenced to reading. For some reason I automatically log out after a few minutes, and have to re-log in. Took a long time to catch up.

Old 08-17-2007, 02:14 AM   #1069
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crim View Post
Cross posted, Chief. Actually, you're prolly number two, behind RendeR, on my "most likely to wake the neighbors with nocturnal howling" list.

I'll be impressed if you are the murderer, but I'd say it's more likely at this point that st.cronin or Alan, or a falsely-cleared-other-player is the culprit rather than you.

But just as the play of you and RendeR make you unlikely killer candidates, it also makes you likely wolves, imo, because I still stand by the thought that we should have kept the room info secret, and the two of you seemed very resistant to what I thought were pretty clear reasons for not sharing rooms.

I, and prolly a couple others, finally caved, mostly because at a certain point so many rooms had been cleared, that it really does make sense to get them all out of the way to eliminate the room-occupancy threat from the wolves.

For the record, I meant part of this. I really was thinking RendeR was acting wolfishly, and that Chief was being brash, in pushing for the room info, as I thought it gave unnecessary targeting info to the wolves, while not helping our cause.

By which I mean, I at this point was about 93.7% sure cronin was the murderer, and so all that yammering about room info and individual victory/minor village victory/selfish villagers was all moot, because we'd get the murderer lynched long before anyone would have enough solid room/weapon evidence to risk dying for a wrong accusation. I think this part of the game only served to distract us from the important business of tracking down baad guys.
Old 08-17-2007, 02:28 AM   #1070
Crim
College Benchwarmer

I meant, "bad", not "baad".

I gotta go to bed soon, and I suspect I'll prolly be another dead villager when I check in Friday night, so let me just go through my own COT levels, for grins.

TIER ONE (I'm leaving out Crim, because who'd believe me?)
Chief (from my first pm); olliegirl (Mustard, killed by wolves), Daddy, LSG, Neon, RendeR (sorry I thought you were devil spawn R!)(all due to reveals, etc.)

TIER TWO
path (I'm convinced he knew Chief was Peacock, so I had path pegged as Scarlett or a no-name)
Alan (just a feeling, really. His change of heart after revealing his initial clues seemed genuine to me)

NO REAL IDEA TIER
Barkeep (I have nothing to base this on, just a feeling, like the opposite way I felt about Alan. Note, though, he's voted for cronin and saldana... solid voting history, maybe I've judged him too harshly?)
ntndeacon (I think he did know Peacock, but there's no real evidence either way...)

PROLLY EVIL TIER
Swaggs (voted no lynch on night 2 -- wtf?)
Schmidty (no votes)

CONSPICUOUSLY HAIRY TIER
saldana (of course, if he turns up villager Alan takes his place down here!)
Old 08-17-2007, 02:36 AM   #1071
Crim
College Benchwarmer

And, I really need to be going, but I'm hoping I can appeal to someone's pity, I made a (in hindsight) dumb play, but really, if I had been a wolf, I'd prolly have wanted the room info out there at the beginning. Only reason I finally came out with it was to align myself with Chief's play, even though I didn't really agree with it. Chief was the only one in my COT, and a lot more experienced than me, so I finally told my room clue.

Besides, a lot of them were public knowledge at that point so the only way to remove the danger of uncleared room was to clear all of them. Except the attic, of course!
Old 08-17-2007, 02:37 AM   #1072
Crim
College Benchwarmer

VOTE SALDANA, for myriad reasons. Mostly for lying. If Alan was the liar, I apologize in advance!
Old 08-17-2007, 02:46 AM   #1073
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Ok I like where we're at. Otherwise am too tired to think tonight. Will comment more tomorrow.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 05:59 AM   #1074
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
who did render reveal himself to be?

my bad...should have said torgo...really tired last night, and got confused reading all renders other posts
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 06:23 AM   #1075
saldana
Pro Starter

if i have to die to prove alan is full of wolf poop, thats fine, it wont be the first time, or likely the last, that i have been worth more dead than alive.

the only things i would like to point out in my defense are the two posts below....

i basically say i know CR is the murderer...how do i know...because i have known since the first pm that he was mrs peacock. i offered to do the reveal of mrs peacock several times...alan didnt offer it until the list from miss scarlett went up iirc without re-reading the thread..that would have been a pretty tough one to fake

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
I can clear alan t and daddy torgo as not being the murderer based on my initial pm, which, combinded with other thing leads me to the only conclusion....there is no way CR would have played the way he has if he were the murdered, so it has to be ST C.

vote st cronin

second, and i ask this more to those that have played a dozen or more games with me, including you Alan...what kind of a schmuck wolf would i have to be to first, give the duplicated clue, then point it out, and then suggest this is where we start wolf hunting? that would easily go down in history as the worst wolf play ever, but, since i am a villager, Alan's turning it on me will be a great wolflore moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
render, great job with the list....pretty much locked up the answer for me, and hopefully everyone will agree and cronin goes tonight...

with the murderer out of the way (crosses fingers), perhaps the place we should start looking for wolves is with the same list.. I have an issue with one person in particular that cleared someone that I also received in my PM...it appears to be the only clue that was repeated, which makes him my number one suspect

one last point....having Plum out himself doesnt guarantee he will be dead tomorrow..the wolves still have to guess the right room to find him in, and i, unlike others, only think there are 2, not 3, so the blanket effect that someone spoke about earlier would not be quite so encompassing.

i cant imagine that plum didnt scan one of us (alan or me) yesterday, so the way the numbers are already stacking up, if you can damn either of us for good, i think you should lay it on the table, and turn the scales even further.

(notice i didnt ask him to come out to clear me, only to nail the other...if you scanned me, stay hidden, but if you scanned him furry, now would be a good time)
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 06:51 AM   #1076
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
did we ever find out if the rooms w/ secret passages are considered connected via Pass' rules?

Pass could you clarify this?

Yes.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 06:52 AM   #1077
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I ASSUME that white+plum go looking for the wolves and thus are not subject to the wolves' waiting in a particular room for them. Is that correct pass?

That's correct.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:04 AM   #1078
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
That's correct.

This confuses me a bit pass, can you explain further?

If I go looking for a wolf to scan, does that wolf then auto-kill me? or does that particular wolf have to have targeted me specificaly?
Old 08-17-2007, 08:09 AM   #1079
RendeR
Coordinator

Saldana: I did not scan either of you. At this point you're both pretty much screwed via lynching, I didn't want to waste a scan on people we knew we would deal with already anyway.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:19 AM   #1080
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

If I go looking for a wolf to scan, does that wolf then auto-kill me? or does that particular wolf have to have targeted me specificaly?

as i read it: you go out and scan a wolf. then you go and sit back in whatever room you chose. then the wolves have to come looking specifically for you, and specifically guess the room (or the whole adjoining room-thing).

they're seperate
Old 08-17-2007, 08:24 AM   #1081
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Crim

NO REAL IDEA TIER

ntndeacon (I think he did know Peacock, but there's no real evidence either way...)

really...did I miss something? ntn wasn't even online around the time of the whole peacock thing IIRC, and I didn't see him offering up any knowledge.

Quote:
Crim
PROLLY EVIL TIER
Schmidty (no votes)

I agree with you that both of these gentlemen have shall we say "interesting" voting records. Particularly on D2 where there were some pretty serious and factual allegations being thrown around. But for that reason it'd be tough for a wolf to miss that vote, because they know that'd draw scrutiny.

At this point it's totally a numbers game though. Everyone who isn't cleared will be investigated in due time.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:27 AM   #1082
Swaggs
Coordinator

I'm obviously sticking with the Alan/saldana (seemingly) one for one today.

Vote Saldana

I'm hopeful that the CoT can coordinate themselves together, so Plum and White don't trip over each other with their night actions. After our lynch today, if White and Plum survive the night, we could have three more unknown players' affiliations identified (although two will be dead).
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 08:36 AM   #1083
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Render, I see alot of choices for you tonight... I'm not going to tell you how to play your role, but a few suggestions or possibilities that I've been thinking down..

Like I said before if you want to scan me, I welcome it tonight, it could fully put me in the CoT, however the only reason you would scan me is if you think BOTH Saldana and I are wolves, which I guess is a possibility, but that would have been a rather daring play with the murderer also on the line for lynch. However, I think you just rely on Ms.White putting in the conditional kill order for me if Saldana turns up good (which isn't going to happen).

Likewise I assume Ms.white will put in the conditional kill order that if Saldana is bad, to kill Crim instead, so it doesn't make much sense to scan Crim tonight either, would be a wasted scan.

That leaves Path, Swaggs, Barkeep, Schmidty, ntn to choose from. In that group, I elevate Path out some.. Like I mentioned yesterday before all of the reveals that I like Path, I don't see his discussion from yesterday as an act, so I would give him more leeway than the others.

Likewise Swaggs and Barkeep while not cleared have a bit more circumstancial evidence making me feel better about them. Swaggs was around last nigth when I was and Sndvls was also wanting to reveal. That would have been quite a bluff to pull off at the time if you all had said for him to go for it. Likewise the way the Cronin-Saldana - Barkeep thing happened, I really don't see two bad guys drawing in a third way out in the open like that. I have to guess that Barkeep wasn't part of their scheming..

That leaves Schmidty and Ntn for tonight.. Schmidty hasn't really provided us anything, and Ntn barely anything. (At least he's voted I guess even though most of the votes thus far have been fairly meaningless. I had hoped some people might vote Chief yesterday when I set up the three way lynch scenerio, but wasn't so lucky).

Render, my personal thoughts is tonight Crim likely dies and you scan either Ntn or Schmidy.. if whoever you scan turns up good, we'll lynch the other tommorrow just based on percentages. Once again not telling you how to play, just giving suggestions.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 08:41 AM   #1084
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

Sorry, I think I misunderstood the question. If White kills a wolf, and the wolf wants to kill White, then it doesn't matter what room the wolf looks for White in -- the Wolf kills her, but White also kills the wolf.

Plum scanning a wolf has absolutely no bearing on the wolf kill.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:45 AM   #1085
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post

Like I said before if you want to scan me, I welcome it tonight, it could fully put me in the CoT, however the only reason you would scan me is if you think BOTH Saldana and I are wolves, which I guess is a possibility, but that would have been a rather daring play with the murderer also on the line for lynch. However, I think you just rely on Ms.White putting in the conditional kill order for me if Saldana turns up good (which isn't going to happen).

Likewise I assume Ms.white will put in the conditional kill order that if Saldana is bad, to kill Crim instead, so it doesn't make much sense to scan Crim tonight either, would be a wasted scan.

That leaves Path, Swaggs, Barkeep, Schmidty, ntn to choose from. In that group, I elevate Path out some.. Like I mentioned yesterday before all of the reveals that I like Path, I don't see his discussion from yesterday as an act, so I would give him more leeway than the others.

Likewise Swaggs and Barkeep while not cleared have a bit more circumstancial evidence making me feel better about them. Swaggs was around last nigth when I was and Sndvls was also wanting to reveal. That would have been quite a bluff to pull off at the time if you all had said for him to go for it. Likewise the way the Cronin-Saldana - Barkeep thing happened, I really don't see two bad guys drawing in a third way out in the open like that. I have to guess that Barkeep wasn't part of their scheming..

how's it feel to be reading my mind? I'm not sure if you read my earlier posts basically saying all of this and are trying to regurgitate them as your own thoughts (although at this point TBH i think that'd be a waste of time, with the way tonight will go down, and the fact that i think you are the most likely to be good), or if my villager play has just been that spot-on this game? it's kinda creepy
Old 08-17-2007, 08:46 AM   #1086
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Render, I see alot of choices for you tonight... I'm not going to tell you how to play your role, but a few suggestions or possibilities that I've been thinking down..

That leaves Schmidty and Ntn for tonight.. Schmidty hasn't really provided us anything, and Ntn barely anything. (At least he's voted I guess even though most of the votes thus far have been fairly meaningless. I had hoped some people might vote Chief yesterday when I set up the three way lynch scenerio, but wasn't so lucky).

Render, my personal thoughts is tonight Crim likely dies and you scan either Ntn or Schmidy.. if whoever you scan turns up good, we'll lynch the other tommorrow just based on percentages. Once again not telling you how to play, just giving suggestions.

I like this plan quite a bit.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 08:51 AM   #1087
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

oh. ballsacks
Old 08-17-2007, 08:52 AM   #1088
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

in that case...how about this: people volunteer to be scanned

that way if RendeR dies we know who he was scanning that night and that they must be a wolf

any downsides to this?
Old 08-17-2007, 08:54 AM   #1089
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

or in lieu of volunteering, RendeR/the CoT establish a publicly known scan-order, or RendeR reveals who he is going to scan before the deadline.

that way even if the wolves off him during a scan we get a 1-1
Old 08-17-2007, 09:26 AM   #1090
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crim View Post
I meant, "bad", not "baad".

I gotta go to bed soon, and I suspect I'll prolly be another dead villager when I check in Friday night, so let me just go through my own COT levels, for grins.

TIER ONE (I'm leaving out Crim, because who'd believe me?)
Chief (from my first pm); olliegirl (Mustard, killed by wolves), Daddy, LSG, Neon, RendeR (sorry I thought you were devil spawn R!)(all due to reveals, etc.)

TIER TWO
path (I'm convinced he knew Chief was Peacock, so I had path pegged as Scarlett or a no-name)
Alan (just a feeling, really. His change of heart after revealing his initial clues seemed genuine to me)

NO REAL IDEA TIER
Barkeep (I have nothing to base this on, just a feeling, like the opposite way I felt about Alan. Note, though, he's voted for cronin and saldana... solid voting history, maybe I've judged him too harshly?)

PROLLY EVIL TIER
Schmidty (no votes)

CONSPICUOUSLY HAIRY TIER
saldana (of course, if he turns up villager Alan takes his place down here!)

So where does that leave me?
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 09:37 AM   #1091
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
So where does that leave me?

people done keep leavin you out SunnyD
Old 08-17-2007, 09:37 AM   #1092
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
or in lieu of volunteering, RendeR/the CoT establish a publicly known scan-order, or RendeR reveals who he is going to scan before the deadline.

that way even if the wolves off him during a scan we get a 1-1

I am guessing that the following will happen tonight:

White gets Crim, but Crim gets white also (based on what Pass says), unfortunatly its a 1 for 1 trade, but not sure what else can be done about that.

Then if there is 1 or 2 wolves left, I have to assume they'll be after Render first and foremost.. You wouldn't know for sure if the person who was scanned is who killed Render or if the wolves got lucky with a room guess and got him either way. I think the -safe- play if Render turns up dead is to indeed kill the person he was scanning, but I don't think that is a foolproof way of catching a wolf, if you follow what I am saying.

If Render scans someone, they turn up good and he lives, then you kill the other person instead (like my other plan I hilighted). Thats why I liked the idea of paring up people by the amount we know of them.. (NTN and Schmidty together, and Barkeep and Swaggs). If we still haven't won by a third day later, I think it would be fair to then group Path and myself in the next group as well. Perhaps its self serving of me to put myself down so far on the list though, and its up to Render if he wants to move me higher I suppose. I'll understand.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:49 AM   #1093
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
people done keep leavin you out SunnyD

well damnit tell them to stop DT
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 10:08 AM   #1094
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I am guessing that the following will happen tonight:

White gets Crim, but Crim gets white also (based on what Pass says), unfortunatly its a 1 for 1 trade, but not sure what else can be done about that.

Then if there is 1 or 2 wolves left, I have to assume they'll be after Render first and foremost.. You wouldn't know for sure if the person who was scanned is who killed Render or if the wolves got lucky with a room guess and got him either way. I think the -safe- play if Render turns up dead is to indeed kill the person he was scanning, but I don't think that is a foolproof way of catching a wolf, if you follow what I am saying.

If Render scans someone, they turn up good and he lives, then you kill the other person instead (like my other plan I hilighted). Thats why I liked the idea of paring up people by the amount we know of them.. (NTN and Schmidty together, and Barkeep and Swaggs). If we still haven't won by a third day later, I think it would be fair to then group Path and myself in the next group as well. Perhaps its self serving of me to put myself down so far on the list though, and its up to Render if he wants to move me higher I suppose. I'll understand.

i'm okay personally with you putting yourself in that position on the list alan. after all...somebody has to be the last wolf.

and i think your idea of lists is solid...although i might submit to render that he ought to mix it up a little...just so that we don't allow someone without 100% trust to set the list...THEORETICALLY you and path could both be wolves and that's your way of trying to last as long as possible...

maybe ntn/schmidty and then swaggs/path and then barkeep/alan or something
Old 08-17-2007, 10:12 AM   #1095
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Any idea of how Mrs. White should go about with her killing?
Old 08-17-2007, 10:25 AM   #1096
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
i'm okay personally with you putting yourself in that position on the list alan. after all...somebody has to be the last wolf.

and i think your idea of lists is solid...although i might submit to render that he ought to mix it up a little...just so that we don't allow someone without 100% trust to set the list...THEORETICALLY you and path could both be wolves and that's your way of trying to last as long as possible...

maybe ntn/schmidty and then swaggs/path and then barkeep/alan or something

Thats fine, I was just offering my suggestions based on my point of view of the situation. I know everyone has to take it with a grain of salt and I accept that. I don't like telling other roles what to do, and in the end its up to Render how he plays it. I just hope he keeps all of the discussion in mind though in making sure we know who he decided to go for after the wolves had to submit their kill order, but before the night actions are processed so we have an idea where to look if he ends up dead.

Quote:

I still stand by this action for mrs.white:

Conditional order: If Saldana is good, kill Alan T, if Saldana is bad, kill Crim.

Once again though its not my role, so the final decision is left up to mrs.white! If Mrs.white feels confident that both Saldana and I are wolves, then she can just kill me outright (but we aren't)
Old 08-17-2007, 10:31 AM   #1097
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Conditional order: If Saldana is good, kill Alan T, if Saldana is bad, kill Crim.

I agree's. This seems to be what we've been talking about all last night.

Not entirely sure I remember why we settled on Crim. I suppose it could just as easily be ntn/schmidty too.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:41 AM   #1098
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I agree's. This seems to be what we've been talking about all last night.

Not entirely sure I remember why we settled on Crim. I suppose it could just as easily be ntn/schmidty too.

Crim was the choice because he seemed the most obvious to fall in my trap I set by listing Chief rum, Cronin and myself in the run off that morning. It might not have been as obvious for you due to your role, but For normal villagers, the setup would have been between myself and Cronin like I inferred that morning. I do believe several other players picked up on it (also leading to Path's explosion during the afternoon where he commented on it but also added you and Render to the list).. You all have explanations due to your role, but we know Crim had no role that is good that would prevent him from knowing Chief's allegiance.

Crim later on said his explanation was trying to protect chief with his comments, but that doesn't seem very likely to me and I don't know that I buy it. I had already set the trap using Chief, and based on his comments he (Chief) seemed fine going along with it as well at the time. It just felt like a case of Crim falling into the trap unaware.

Thats why I feel its a fairly safe play to kill Crim with the conditional order tonight, but an alternate way of thinking.. if there are only 2 wolves or 3 wolves left, when Saldana dies tonight, that will mean 1 or 2.. We have such a huge lead, it might also be worthwhile to just play it safe and not lynch him and scan him instead tonight.. (shrug) I'll leave that up to Mrs. White and Render I guess. If there are 4 wolves (I find it unlikely), then I guess we'd not be in a bad spot, but want to be a little more agressive with our decisions.

I feel 2-3 is a better number for the wolves, the only thing that concerns me about there maybe being 4 wolves is just based on the results that we have seen so far.. A wolf kill has occured every night, and only 1 wolf kill each night. Its obvious that they have been teaming up to target one person. I have no idea what they saw in olliegirl, I definitly didn't see it, but they seem to focus on one person and I'm fearing tonight its going to be Render. If they only had 2-3 wolves, the chances of them hitting 1 person each night is less likely (with 3 wolves, still fairly decent chance of getting hits 2 nights in a row, but with 2, very unlikely). Plus with all of the information the village started with, it might have been Pass's way of balancing it out some.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:47 AM   #1099
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

okay. i knew there was a reason for crim somewhere back there, but i couldn't remember and didn't have it listed on my spreadsheet yet.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:48 AM   #1100
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

oh and we're all slow. we should have voted nightfall last night hmm? since today was pretty much a foregone conclusion.

stead of torturing the poor wolves.

hey wolves...we'll let you live if you surrender...we'll lock you up in cages in the zoo and feed you sheep, but we'll let you live.