Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-06-2013, 08:52 AM   #1051
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

in the interst of getting info out there I received a PM last night from the telegraph girl telling me she is not a murderer and wants me to help keep her safe.

Not sure if a wolf has the ability to send that message or not
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:59 AM   #1052
bhlloy
Coordinator

Well, that was either not very smart by Font or somebody is doing a really nice job of misdirection. The timing of the reveal and then the kill makes me wonder.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:02 AM   #1053
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

The description for Mustard makes it clear it's the Motorist he's after whereas Mrs. White (font) is after Yvette. So this seems like an easy vote today.

Vote font
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:09 AM   #1054
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm not sure it's such an easy vote. NTN was cleared by Brit, which makes him a big target (and an even bigger target if Brit is faking).

Whereas, if we assume that Font was originally not a Murderer, and not lying about her role, we have to think that she took her one shot at a kill last night blindly on NTN and got lucky. Did we have any reason to know NTN's role?

If you think Font was lying about her role, then you probably have to assume she was a Murderer already, correct? In which case NTN's death doesn't mean anything.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:10 AM   #1055
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

The pool is also getting pretty narrow for the last unknown Big 6 and their informants with the multiple deaths and lynches of the initial group that was at the house, so we're probably going to be dealing with another conversion tomorrow.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:10 AM   #1056
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Maybe it does fit a little too perfectly with what happened night 1 (considering we did get Miss Scarlet them yesterday). I suppose it would be possible for the wolves to have two NKs, but after what happened night 1, I can't see that happening.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:16 AM   #1057
Autumn
Head Coach

Well, one possibility is that another murderer joined the house yesterday, so they had an additional kill. Another possibility is that someone other than a murderer, and other than Font, had a kill (not necessarily a murderer). The fact that one of hte kills was with a pipe makes me wonder if Mr. Boddy is not involved.

It would be exceedingly strange for Font to tell us who she is, if she then planned on killing her informant that night, no? If we assume a conversion scenario, and assume Font was telling the truth about her role, it's also hard to imagine that a villager would kill the one cleared villager, and blindly happen to fulfill their conversion scenario.

One thing that hasn't yet been answered from the day before is whether Chief triggered his own murder by somehow investigating Bulletsponge. Could something similar have happened here?

I agree all evidence points to Font, but since we have all day I'm willing to talk through all the scenarios. Usually it's not this easy.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:16 AM   #1058
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I'm not sure it's such an easy vote. NTN was cleared by Brit, which makes him a big target (and an even bigger target if Brit is faking).

Whereas, if we assume that Font was originally not a Murderer, and not lying about her role, we have to think that she took her one shot at a kill last night blindly on NTN and got lucky. Did we have any reason to know NTN's role?

If you think Font was lying about her role, then you probably have to assume she was a Murderer already, correct? In which case NTN's death doesn't mean anything.

But hoops was not an informant, so he wasn't killed by a Big 6, no?
Old 03-06-2013, 09:17 AM   #1059
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I was thinking that about the investigating too, Autumn - but that would still mean font was converted.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:18 AM   #1060
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post

Right. At least not for conversion purposes.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:20 AM   #1061
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
This is not the case. No gunshots ring out, but you quickly notice two of your number are not amongst you. Upon a quick search of the house, you discover ntndeacon dead on the floor, showing off her sexy french underwear to the world, a bloody pipe beside her.

Mr Boddy
Oh yeah. He's here, he's blackmailing you, and he has in his possession six lethal weapons.

This is what I'm wondering about. How does Boddy's six weapons play into things. Does he use them or do they get distributed somehow? It seems he has some sort of vendetta of his own, but it's not clear if/when he could get kills.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:20 AM   #1062
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
I was thinking that about the investigating too, Autumn - but that would still mean font was converted.

Yes, that's true. Just trying to put together a scenario that makes sense. A blind shot at NTN seems very unlikely. But then again last game Saldana got two scans, and scanned the two cunning players, so you never know.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:21 AM   #1063
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:

I think that's true. But I think it's likely that in this "bloodbath" there are other possibilities for kills. The murderers might have more than one, or one of the extra roles or other extra roles might have one. Maybe someone had a vendetta against Madame Rose.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:22 AM   #1064
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

And CR was killed with the gun, which is another weapon...so I am leaning toward more of a distribution (or they are just there to totally throw us off base)
Old 03-06-2013, 09:30 AM   #1065
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
The Singing Telegram Girl is Prof. Plum's informant, based on the rules.

Yeah. I suppose watching the movie just confused me, as Plum kills Boddy, even though STG is his informant.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:30 AM   #1066
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Well, one possibility is that another murderer joined the house yesterday, so they had an additional kill. Another possibility is that someone other than a murderer, and other than Font, had a kill (not necessarily a murderer). The fact that one of hte kills was with a pipe makes me wonder if Mr. Boddy is not involved.

It would be exceedingly strange for Font to tell us who she is, if she then planned on killing her informant that night, no? If we assume a conversion scenario, and assume Font was telling the truth about her role, it's also hard to imagine that a villager would kill the one cleared villager, and blindly happen to fulfill their conversion scenario.

One thing that hasn't yet been answered from the day before is whether Chief triggered his own murder by somehow investigating Bulletsponge. Could something similar have happened here?

I agree all evidence points to Font, but since we have all day I'm willing to talk through all the scenarios. Usually it's not this easy.

That's an interesting point, though on one hand she was under a lot of pressure to reveal yesterday and might have been voted out had she not. On reflection, you're right that it doesn't make a lot of sense for her to play it in this way.

If Chief triggered his death by investigating bullet, it's hard to imagine how that could have happened here. Font was outed in the thread, so ntn would have known exactly who to avoid.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:30 AM   #1067
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:

I've got another cleared player outside the Big Six. I'm thinking I won't reveal until I need to, though, given what happened to ntn.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:31 AM   #1068
britrock88
Pro Starter

Given that we're questioning the font-ntn connection for purposes of last night's actions, I'll hold off on voting and come back after a crazy work day.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:35 AM   #1069
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Font was outed in the thread, so ntn would have known exactly who to avoid.

Another very good point here.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:38 AM   #1070
britrock88
Pro Starter

And FTR, I'm a bit surprised I'm still alive.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:42 AM   #1071
fontisian
College Prospect

So, Yvette is indeed my informant, but I didn't kill ntn. Really, my first reaction to this is that it's a set-up. The murderers knew that I'm trying my best to stay a towny and killed Yvette to incriminate me. But's that really unlikely. It's far more likely that ntn was killed because he was cleared by brit to either kill a townfirmed player or to support brit(if he's actually a murderer).

Ntn targeting me at night doesn't make any sense, when I already said that he's my informant. The only proof I can offer that I didn't kill him is that I still have my night kill .... so I guess I could kill someone of the town's choice? Yeah, that doesn't really prove anything.

Anyway, if you guys don't lynch me today, this killing is actually a good thing because it removes my chance of becoming a murderer. I'm going to do a thorough analysis of the thread because I have the time now, so I can give town as much info as possible if I do get lynched.
fontisian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:43 AM   #1072
DQ_BOY1000
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
And FTR, I'm a bit surprised I'm still alive.

So am I. I am a little suspicious.

I think this whole thing with you revealing, being Prof. Plum and all is a little fishy. I will do some post digging tonight after work...

Don't expect me to stop by your office and make "small talk" today. I know I am not a murderer. You sir, I am not so sure and i don't want to get my clock rocked by a gun in the study.

For now, I have an app deployment issue I have to figure out and it might take me all day. If it is anything like the datetime problem I had, I might be working late...

P.S. What are we doing for lunch?
Old 03-06-2013, 09:49 AM   #1073
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

So if you are font, do you have better odds at surviving a lynch after: a) killing yvette right away and claiming a frame or b) waiting a couple days then killing yvette assuming she isn't lynched by then?

Clearly I think a, that'd be my play at lease /shrug

Back to work
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:53 AM   #1074
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

This game makes my head hurt and I'm not even in the house yet.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:54 AM   #1075
fontisian
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
So if you are font, do you have better odds at surviving a lynch after: a) killing yvette right away and claiming a frame or b) waiting a couple days then killing yvette assuming she isn't lynched by then?

Clearly I think a, that'd be my play at lease /shrug

Judging by today's reactions, I'm going to say neither. I stand a really good chance of being lynched either way.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:54 AM   #1076
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

3 - Font (Chubby 1042, PackerFanatic 1049, JAG 1053)

I PUT WHO VOTED IN TODAY!
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:55 AM   #1077
bhlloy
Coordinator

I have to say I believe font at face value here. It might still be worth a lynch to confirm but to reveal and then keep searching for your informant to kill doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. And as noted, ntn would have known to stay away presumably so that explanation doesn't hold either

If we believe britrock is a seer and has somehow survived to this point (which I don't) and we went away from font today we could also make that the scan to confirm
Old 03-06-2013, 09:58 AM   #1078
Autumn
Head Coach

The drawback is, that if someone else killed NTN, then Font is now a safe Big 6 to have around, so it would be a shame to kill her. It also is a wasted day if everyone just piles on her for this reason. If we had a seer we could trust, that would be one thing--we could just scan her. But the fact that Britrock is still alive isn't particularly encouraging.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:00 AM   #1079
Autumn
Head Coach

Britrock, I'm not sure it makes any sense to hold on to your scans, given that you're not particularly trusted. I'm more interested in who you chose to scan, to decide if you're a Murderer or not.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:03 AM   #1080
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm going to go ahead and assume that everyone's reveals are real at this point, since nobody's countered.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:05 AM   #1081
DQ_BOY1000
Mascot

Quote:
If we had a seer we could trust, that would be one thing--we could just scan her. But the fact that Britrock is still alive isn't particularly encouraging.

Trust britrock as far as you can throw him. For the sake of this game, he is a 4 ton elephant. I wasn't here during the last games, but I can read and you all have said it, he is smart. From what I know of him in real life... we work together so I see him daily... he is a very smart whippersnapper.

I think he is playing us like fools.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:08 AM   #1082
DQ_BOY1000
Mascot

VOTE BRITROCK88

Unless something big happens, that is not going to change. If I die tonight, then know that he is a murderer.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:25 AM   #1083
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

I think for that to have happened though Yvette would have had to search out the person she knew was trying to kill her. That doesn't seem a sound move for Chubby to make.

Assuming that Chief did accidentally run into bullet which given bullet's comment at the end yesterday I think very well may have happened.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:25 AM   #1084
bhlloy
Coordinator

Don't think that's the way I want to go other than font, even though I do think his reveal is all BS.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:26 AM   #1085
path12
Coordinator

Not Chubby. ntn. Sorry for the confusion.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:29 AM   #1086
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

FWIW, on my spreadsheet I had ntn narrowed down to one of four spots so while she might not have known exactly it could have been a not insignificant chance.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:37 AM   #1087
bhlloy
Coordinator

I guess the one thing to learn from this is dont reveal your role on day 1 if you don't have to. I still have no idea why anyone did that

Can we even get a second candidate right now? Anyone have a good read on another potential member of the big 6?
Old 03-06-2013, 10:43 AM   #1088
DQ_BOY1000
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Can we even get a second candidate right now? Anyone have a good read on another potential member of the big 6?

I am curious as to who Prof. Plum is. I don't think Britrock is him. Is it possible for him to be Col. Mustard.

You asked for more participation and he got it
Old 03-06-2013, 10:44 AM   #1089
DQ_BOY1000
Mascot

That Col. Mustard thing is a question (?) not a statement (.)
Old 03-06-2013, 10:45 AM   #1090
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I was bribed my vote doesn't count today

I assume this means you are Sgt Grey the corrupt cop. Who bribed you?
Old 03-06-2013, 10:55 AM   #1091
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DQ_BOY1000 View Post
I am curious as to who Prof. Plum is. I don't think Britrock is him. Is it possible for him to be Col. Mustard.

You asked for more participation and he got it

Brit claims to be Plum. No one has countered, which I take to mean that he truly is Plum. We net a wolf if someone counters, so seems like a fair bet.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:08 AM   #1092
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
I assume this means you are Sgt Grey the corrupt cop. Who bribed you?

I dont think me being bribed has anything to do with who I a may or may not be, but it appears to be someone elses ability. No idea who bribed me.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:10 AM   #1093
fontisian
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
FWIW, on my spreadsheet I had ntn narrowed down to one of four spots so while she might not have known exactly it could have been a not insignificant chance.

Listen, trying to kill Yvette would have been stupid. I already gave helpful information to town, which hurts scum in general, so why would I want to join them? More to the point, killing Yvette anytime after I revealed that she was my informant is beyond stupid, because it nearly guarantees a lynch. Seriously, who wants to die the first day they become a murder? Honestly, I haven't even used my power yet!
Old 03-06-2013, 11:13 AM   #1094
DQ_BOY1000
Mascot

Quote:
Brit claims to be Plum. No one has countered, which I take to mean that he truly is Plum. We net a wolf if someone counters, so seems like a fair bet.

He very well might be Plum. But if he isn't, who could come out against him especially if the real Plum is also a murderer... the goal being to draw attention away from the real Plum to afflict unspeakable things on all of us!

CONSPIRACY I SAY!
Old 03-06-2013, 11:17 AM   #1095
Danny
Head Coach

Would be hard not to vote Font today if I had one.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:39 AM   #1096
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
Listen, trying to kill Yvette would have been stupid. I already gave helpful information to town, which hurts scum in general, so why would I want to join them? More to the point, killing Yvette anytime after I revealed that she was my informant is beyond stupid, because it nearly guarantees a lynch. Seriously, who wants to die the first day they become a murder? Honestly, I haven't even used my power yet!

I'm not saying you did or did not do anything. I was speaking specifically to Autumn's speculation that it would have been a big longshot if you had gone for ntn and that maybe it wouldn't have been as long a chance as he thought.

I haven't made my mind up about you today yet. Of the mind that it seems too obvious.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:43 AM   #1097
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I dont think me being bribed has anything to do with who I a may or may not be, but it appears to be someone elses ability. No idea who bribed me.

Wasn't there something yesterday with you not being about to vote then being able to?

If it didn't work yesterday but now you are in the house and the same person tried the same thing on the same victim? I thought that was weird yesterday and I still think it is today.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:55 AM   #1098
Autumn
Head Coach

Guessing that the wolves/somebody else can make a bribe. If they miss the cop they simply lose a vote. If they hit the cop, probably a conversion.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:58 AM   #1099
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

3 - Font (Chubby 1042, PackerFanatic 1049, JAG 1053)
1 - Britrock (DQ 1082)
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:07 PM   #1100
fontisian
College Prospect

I'm wondering why Britrock won't tell us the results of his scan. Yes, a cleared towny has a high chance of being nightkilled, but the information is still useful.