Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-23-2018, 09:32 AM   #11401
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
He also tweeted deep criticism of the Washington Post's coverage of his Korean "diplomacy."

Then, in a 100% unrelated move, a half hour later tweeted his thoughts about antitrust actions against Amazon.

Totally normal.

Throw in some factually incorrect complaining about FISA warrants, and maybe some talk about Fox and Friends and you've got a full morning of EXECUTIVE TIME.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 12:28 PM   #11402
Edward64
Head Coach

(This didn't seem to fit in the school shooting thread so putting it in here as we've talked about gun control)

I'm all for being able to protect yourself with your weapon in your home. I'm also good with in public if necessary to protect yourself or others.

This was not a justified shooting (not using legalese wording) from what I see in the video. McGlockton pushed Drejka to the ground. Drejka took out his weapon to protect himself, and McGlockton backed away. If McGlockton stepped towards Drejka, it would be pretty clear case.

Relevant video at about the 1 min mark.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/victims-gi...ry?id=56751894
Quote:
Jacobs, who witnessed the shooting along with the couple’s 5-year-old son, said she and her two small children were waiting in the car for her boyfriend, Markeis McGlockton, while he ran into a convenience store in Clearwater, Florida. Onlooker Michael Drejka got out of his parked car and began “harassing” her about being parked in a handicap space, she said.

Surveillance video showed McGlockton exiting the store and shoving Drejka to the ground. Drejka then drew a handgun and shot and killed McGlockton.

Last edited by Edward64 : 07-23-2018 at 12:28 PM.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 12:34 PM   #11403
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
(This didn't seem to fit in the school shooting thread so putting it in here as we've talked about gun control)

I'm all for being able to protect yourself with your weapon in your home. I'm also good with in public if necessary to protect yourself or others.

This was not a justified shooting (not using legalese wording) from what I see in the video. McGlockton pushed Drejka to the ground. Drejka took out his weapon to protect himself, and McGlockton backed away. If McGlockton stepped towards Drejka, it would be pretty clear case.

Relevant video at about the 1 min mark.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/victims-gi...ry?id=56751894

When the guy backs off you're no longer standing your ground. You're committing murder.

If the roles were reversed the shooter would be headed to prison.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 12:40 PM   #11404
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
When the guy backs off you're no longer standing your ground. You're committing murder.

I do think there are situations where even backing off there could be a threat (e.g. he had a weapon) but in this specific video, there didn't seem to be a need to shoot.

The cops apparently don't agree. Not sure I understand why.

Last edited by Edward64 : 07-23-2018 at 12:41 PM.
Old 07-23-2018, 01:17 PM   #11405
molson
General Manager

Remember Florida has no proportionality requirement for self-defense. That was a big point of contention and confusion in the Zimmerman/Martin case. If you're afraid you're going to be beat up by an unarmed man, you can use deadly force in response.

For the state to win they'd have to prove either that the shooter wasn't afraid of getting beat up and being injured, or that his belief was unreasonable. Was it reasonable to be afraid of being beat up after you've already been shoved to the ground, but after you draw a gun and your attacker takes a step or two back? Sounds like a case by case thing and something for a jury to decide, and could turn on all kinds of stuff we don't know like what words were exchanged and whether the shooter hit his head on the way down, but, Florida, unlike my state as one example, has specifically passed these statutes with the purpose of not "leaving it to the jury", and to dissuade prosecutors from bring charges in the first place in close cases. My state intentionally keeps the self-defense statutes vague so that cases can be dealt with more on a case-by-case basis based on general concepts of reasonableness, including the proportionality of the force used in self defense v. the force threatened.

Oddly, and he's not being charged either way so it doesn't matter, but under Florida law, it would have been even better for the shooter if he pulled his gun and shot immediately without giving the attacker a chance to react. It'd be pretty tough for the state to prove that the shooter weren't reasonably afraid at that point, right after he's shoved down.

Last edited by molson : 07-23-2018 at 01:25 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 01:27 PM   #11406
PilotMan
Head Coach

Theoretically, couldn't the now deceased have come out and simply blown the other guy away feeling he was threatening his wife and kids and he was defending them?

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 01:30 PM   #11407
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Theoretically, couldn't the now deceased have come out and simply blown the other guy away feeling he was threatening his wife and kids and he was defending them?

Depends on what words were exchanged. I think it's probably more reasonable to be afraid of being beat up after you've already been shoved to the ground than it is during a heated argument (edit: and harassment) about a parking space. But if the shooter credibly threatened the other guy with violence, and the other was legitimately scared, than sure.

Last edited by molson : 07-23-2018 at 01:33 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 01:33 PM   #11408
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:

Yes - in a simple nutshell the laws in Florida are totally FUBAR and pretty much sponsored by the NRA.

(once my eldest son has left University here its incredibly likely I'll relocate to a state where someone can't just shoot me because I'm tall and they thought I looked scary ... seriously running at night around my neighborhood that is a thought I have when I come across another runner, I can see the police now being told "I was out walking the dog and I saw this dark figure running towards me and shot in self defense")
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 01:39 PM   #11409
PilotMan
Head Coach

Would the fact that word comes out that the shooter has harassed others at this place before, or that these 2 had previously had run ins? Or is all that circumstantial and irrelevant to this case?

Like Steam?

Old 07-23-2018, 01:59 PM   #11410
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Would the fact that word comes out that the shooter has harassed others at this place before, or that these 2 had previously had run ins? Or is all that circumstantial and irrelevant to this case?

Totally irrelevant from my understanding of Florida law. But it does paint a picture of someone spoiling for a confrontation. It was released that he even threatened to kill someone in that parking lot in a previous incident.

Poetic justice here would have been the girlfriend shooting this overzealous cop wanna be because she felt threatened by him approaching her car.

The Florida law is way too loose and should have been tweaked after the Zimmerman incident. It basically gives license to guys with short dick syndrome to pick a fight and then commit murder.

I was having a convo with a woman who lives in Florida earlier and she explained something interesting about this. If the shooter was deemed physically able to defend himself (She used her husband as an example since he is larger and physically fit) the defense may not have worked. In other words, it is entirely possible that if the shooter and victim were reversed they could have brought charges against the shooter since he was way more physically imposing than Drejka.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 03:01 PM   #11411
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
So Trump on the warpath this morning with Iran for some reason:

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

To Iranian President Rouhani: NEVER, EVER THREATEN THE UNITED STATES AGAIN OR YOU WILL SUFFER CONSEQUENCES THE LIKES OF WHICH FEW THROUGHOUT HISTORY HAVE EVER SUFFERED BEFORE. WE ARE NO LONGER A COUNTRY THAT WILL STAND FOR YOUR DEMENTED WORDS OF VIOLENCE & DEATH. BE CAUTIOUS!

He just trusts that his base has no perception of what is a statement and what a threat. Or understand who it is adressing. So for him the iranian president daring to speak the W-word is enough to make it personal.

Imagine someone 10/15/20 years ago telling you that your own President might just be the greatest risk to american national security. I certainly hope your checks and balances are ready for a stress test, especially if he gets a 2nd term and then wants to build a 'legacy' or if he decides to go out with a bang when re-relections seems impossible.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 03:05 PM   #11412
PilotMan
Head Coach

White House says Trump wants to revoke security clearances for former intelligence officials critical of him over Russia

Wapo has the story

Quote:
President Trump plans to revoke the security clearances of a handful of former officials who have been critical of his rhetoric and actions toward Russia, the White House announced Monday, in a move that immediately prompted claims of political retaliation.

This is very average, normal stuff to expect. Very typical in a liberal democracy. Move along.

Like Steam?

Last edited by PilotMan : 07-23-2018 at 03:26 PM.
Old 07-23-2018, 03:05 PM   #11413
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Totally irrelevant from my understanding of Florida law. But it does paint a picture of someone spoiling for a confrontation. It was released that he even threatened to kill someone in that parking lot in a previous incident.
:
The Florida law is way too loose and should have been tweaked after the Zimmerman incident. It basically gives license to guys with short dick syndrome to pick a fight and then commit murder.

I do think he was spoiling for a confrontation for sure. Not sure about "murder" though.
Old 07-23-2018, 03:37 PM   #11414
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
I do think he was spoiling for a confrontation for sure. Not sure about "murder" though.

There's a lot to be said about heat of the moment, emotions, power and control, and guns and the mindset that goes with all that.

If this guy has a knife, no way he comes up aggressively stabbing if the guy goes to get in his car. Doesn't that speak more to the gun debate, rather than assuming that he's going in spoiling for 'murder'?

Like Steam?

Old 07-23-2018, 03:47 PM   #11415
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Quote:

If the roles were reversed the shooter would be headed to prison.

1) The shooter is an ass.

2) If you are not handicapped, don't use the handicap spot. It might not have mattered in this case, but if he had not parked there, would this have started? Heck, looking at the video, there are other parking spots, why take the handicap spot?

3) It does not look as though any words were exchanged between the shooter and the victim, it appears the victim saw what was going on and just shoved the shooter to the ground. Had he taken the time rather than reacting, would he have been shot?

4) I do not care what the commentators are saying, watch the video (I actually first watched it with the audio off), the victim shoved the shooter down, follows up the push, and does not back off until he realizes the shooter is reaching for something.

5) Rather than argue the gun laws, I think this once again goes back to mental health issues. Based upon what we know about the shooter, there seems to be some mental issues there, I will be interested to see if we find anything else out.

6) If this did not cross racial lines, would this make the national news? A similar thing happened in Memphis 10 years ago, white on white, shooter got 18 years.

7) Based upon how the law is written in Florida, the shooter should get off, however, morally he is at fault.

8) It is never worth it to be killed over a parking spot.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 04:51 PM   #11417
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
2) If you are not handicapped, don't use the handicap spot. It might not have mattered in this case, but if he had not parked there, would this have started? Heck, looking at the video, there are other parking spots, why take the handicap spot?

I wonder if the violator will be sent a fine.
Old 07-23-2018, 05:10 PM   #11418
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
1) The shooter is an ass.

3) It does not look as though any words were exchanged between the shooter and the victim, it appears the victim saw what was going on and just shoved the shooter to the ground. Had he taken the time rather than reacting, would he have been shot?

4) I do not care what the commentators are saying, watch the video (I actually first watched it with the audio off), the victim shoved the shooter down, follows up the push, and does not back off until he realizes the shooter is reaching for something.

5) Rather than argue the gun laws, I think this once again goes back to mental health issues. Based upon what we know about the shooter, there seems to be some mental issues there, I will be interested to see if we find anything else out.

6) If this did not cross racial lines, would this make the national news? A similar thing happened in Memphis 10 years ago, white on white, shooter got 18 years.

7) Based upon how the law is written in Florida, the shooter should get off, however, morally he is at fault.

8) It is never worth it to be killed over a parking spot.

My list:

1) If neither had a gun, the odds of this ending in death are almost zero.

That's my whole list.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 05:16 PM   #11419
bronconick
College Starter

Quote:
White House says Trump wants to revoke security clearances for former intelligence officials critical of him over Russia

Wapo has the story

This is very average, normal stuff to expect. Very typical in a liberal democracy. Move along.

Former officials usually don't keep their clearance. If they get a job, they have to reapply for clearance. Comey got offered it temporarily to read the IG report and turned it down.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 05:36 PM   #11420
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
My list:

1) If neither had a gun, the odds of this ending in death are almost zero.

That's my whole list.

True.

I do wonder if it would have ended with the shooter being beaten more severely? I'm okay with him pulling out a gun to make sure the beating doesn't continue but it doesn't sit well with me that there didn't seem to be an imminent threat after he pulled the gun and the other guy pulled back.

I recall reading that one of the factors why George Zimmerman got off was because it was shown he was on the ground and Martin was on top of him. Zimmerman wasn't right to pursue Martin but once he was on the ground, I do think that was a justified shooting.

EDIT: Looking at the video, I do wonder if shooter saw the step back? The perspective may be different when you are on the ground (especially after having been violently pushed to the ground).

Last edited by Edward64 : 07-23-2018 at 05:51 PM.
Old 07-23-2018, 05:56 PM   #11421
cuervo72
Head Coach

Doubtful. This looked like a man who saw some guy screaming at his significant other, and acted on instinct to defend her. It's basically what men are TAUGHT that they should do (if the're really a "man").

Once the guy was down, the message was sent.
Old 07-23-2018, 05:58 PM   #11422
RainMaker
General Manager

There really isn't a "great middle" in the country. Are Democrats supposed to target all those people who voted for Jeb Bush? Come on.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 06:10 PM   #11423
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Doubtful. This looked like a man who saw some guy screaming at his significant other, and acted on instinct to defend her. It's basically what men are TAUGHT that they should do (if the're really a "man").

A better video. At 2:40'ish is the start of the confrontation. Two things I saw

1) The shover did advance after the shove
2) The shover took at least 2-3 steps back as the gun was drawn

No arrest in fatal shooting during argument over handicap parking space
Old 07-23-2018, 06:33 PM   #11424
Thomkal
Head Coach

Paul Manafort trial delayed until the 31st and judge gave immunity to five people who will testify and announced names-mostly accountants it looks like.

Meanwhile Trump is looking to revoke the security clearances of his "enemies"-Clapper, Comey, Rice, Brennan, McCabe , and others.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/23/polit...ces/index.html
Old 07-23-2018, 06:51 PM   #11425
RainMaker
General Manager

Dumb question but why would you keep a security clearance if you no longer work for the government? Genuinely curious. I was surprised they even had it unless they were some kind of consultant.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 06:58 PM   #11426
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Dumb question but why would you keep a security clearance if you no longer work for the government? Genuinely curious. I was surprised they even had it unless they were some kind of consultant.

Talks about it a little bit in the article-some keep it to consult with those who follow in their jobs and some to get jobs in consulting field in the private sector.
Old 07-23-2018, 06:59 PM   #11427
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Quote:

I agree with him reacting to defend the girlfriend, the push was completely unnecessary. Again, we do not know what, if anything was said, but based upon the reaction, there was no time to say anything.

I also believe there is reason to believe that the victim may have done more harm to the shooter if the gun was not pulled.

What would be great was if there was an instigator law. The shooter clearly started the situation. If he starts the confrontation, he should be exempt from the protection of the stand your ground law.
Old 07-23-2018, 07:16 PM   #11428
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Quote:

If your girl needs defending you hit the guy hard enough to knock him out.

TCY Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 07:16 PM   #11429
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

I'm as pro gun as you will find.
Legally duder probably walks.
Morally that's not a justified shooting. Ethically that's not a gun situation.

Just a whole bunch of stupid in this video.
I wish it were legal to beat, but not kill, morons who park in handicap spaces. Caring for a wheelchair bound relative for a number of years makes me sensitive to that issue.
Cop wannabes should be beaten as well. Yeah dude is an ass for parking in the HC spot, but who made shooter God to enforce that. Make a snarky comment and move along.
Still talking to the girlfriend didn't justify the shove. That needlessly escalated things.
The shove didnt justify the shot. Even more needlessly escalated.
Can we just accept that parking idiot is dead and sacrifice the shooter and call it better for the common good? (joking. sort of.)
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 07:38 PM   #11430
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
What would be great was if there was an instigator law. The shooter clearly started the situation. If he starts the confrontation, he should be exempt from the protection of the stand your ground law.

Conceptually I like this idea. I'm not sure its practical though, probably a lot of grey in defining the "instigator".
Old 07-23-2018, 07:43 PM   #11431
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Lawyers: Would the shooter be more at jeopardy if he had pulled the gun, but didn't fire? How do stand your ground laws work in that scenario?
Old 07-23-2018, 08:30 PM   #11432
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Stormy Daniels is back on the market fellas!

Stormy Daniels and husband Glendon Crain file for divorce, lawyer Michael Avenatti says | Fox News
Old 07-23-2018, 09:15 PM   #11433
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post

Simple answer. Because you may work for the government or more likely for a defense contractor in the future. Stripping someone of an active clearance forces a defense contractor to pay for a new clearance investigation.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 10:46 PM   #11434
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

There are many jobs that require you already have clearance before they will hire you.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 11:10 PM   #11435
SackAttack
Head Coach

My mother has never worked for the government, to my knowledge, but she was required to have a security clearance in the last job she had before she became a stay-at-home parent.

My guess is they had a government contract of some kind.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 12:12 AM   #11436
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Simple answer. Because you may work for the government or more likely for a defense contractor in the future. Stripping someone of an active clearance forces a defense contractor to pay for a new clearance investigation.

Correct. An active clearance is good for 7 years. You must have a reinvestigation completed before your current clearance expires. If you have an active clearance and work in a job that does not use it then it becomes inactive after 2 years.

There are many, many government jobs that require security clearances. Keeping an active clearance makes you more hirable because it will cost less to bring you in.
Old 07-24-2018, 05:44 AM   #11437
Edward64
Head Coach

The chess (or checkers?) moves continues. There seems to be some progress after the summit.

The article implies the bold move of a peace treaty as the next move. I've always thought it was NK that did not want to formally end the war and do a peace treaty. The US should welcome those talks.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/23/polit...hae/index.html
Quote:
New images published Monday by the prominent monitoring group 38 North indicate North Korea has begun dismantling key facilities at the Sohae Satellite Launching Station -- a move analysts say represents "an important first step towards fulfilling a commitment" made by Kim Jong Un during his summit with President Donald Trump in Singapore.
:
Trump pushed back against that suggestion Monday, tweeting that he is "very happy" with the progress with North Korea, noting a lack of rocket launches and nuclear tests in recent months.
:
And while Monday's images may amount to a "confidence building measure" by the North Koreans, it appears that they expect the US to reciprocate if talks are to continue.
:
CNN reported on Monday that continued negotiations between the two sides hinge on Washington's willingness to make a "bold move" and agree to a peace treaty with Pyongyang, according to an official with close knowledge of North Korea's position on the matter.

If the US is unwilling to replace the armistice agreement that ended the Korean War with a permanent peace that would ensure the survival of Kim's regime, Pyongyang will likely not proceed further with denuclearization talks, the source said.
Old 07-24-2018, 08:02 AM   #11438
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post

I love this, a porn star marries another porn star, and files for divorce and lists adultery as the reason for the divorce...
Old 07-24-2018, 08:39 AM   #11439
miami_fan
Coordinator

The other thing about the security clearance to keep in mind is just because someone has a security clearance that does not mean that they automatically have access to all information within their clearance classification. At the very least, there is still a “need to know” standard that must be met.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 09:37 AM   #11440
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The Trump administration is planning to ease fears of a trade war by announcing later Tuesday billions of dollars in aid to farmers hurt by tariffs, according to two sources familiar with the plan.

Tariffs are great!

Subsidies are great!

How long until price controls are great?
Old 07-24-2018, 12:28 PM   #11441
lungs
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Tariffs are great!

Subsidies are great!

How long until price controls are great?

Hopefully I can get a welfare payment even though I quit farming!
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 01:14 PM   #11442
whomario
Pro Starter

This has to be the low point in crisis management and it's beyond sad it might not even have an effect:

“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 01:18 PM   #11443
AlexB
Pro Starter

No president has been tougher on Russia?

Last edited by AlexB : 07-24-2018 at 01:19 PM.
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 01:40 PM   #11444
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexB View Post
No president has been tougher on Russia?

yeah so tough when he just sat there meekly and didn't throw Mueller's indictments in Putin's face like your staff wanted.
Old 07-24-2018, 02:01 PM   #11445
MIJB#19
Coordinator

That tweet deserves one particular smilie:
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 02:19 PM   #11446
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

It's like a game. This is one of dozens of Trump tweets that you can read as a sarcastic tweet from a Trump hater. But no - it's actually him tweeting it.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 02:28 PM   #11447
Thomkal
Head Coach

Ivanka's fashion line closing up shop:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/ivanka-...9?redirect=amp
Old 07-24-2018, 02:40 PM   #11448
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
This has to be the low point in crisis management and it's beyond sad it might not even have an effect:

This is to set up his attempts to discredit and deflect from the Russia investigation after midterms. If Dems flip house and/or senate he's going to start screaming for an investigation into Russian interference.
Old 07-24-2018, 02:41 PM   #11449
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Ivanka's fashion line closing up shop:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/ivanka-...9?redirect=amp

Hmmmm... who will get the blame here?

Bezos 3-2
Democrats generally 8-5
Obama 4-1
Hillary 8-1
Schumer and/or Pelosi 10-1
Bernie 15-1
Crappy product 300-1
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 02:47 PM   #11450
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post

Quote:
This is to set up his attempts to discredit and deflect from the Russia investigation after midterms. If Dems flip house and/or senate he's going to start screaming for an investigation into Russian interference.

This is spot on and says all you need to know about the "genius" of Trump. It's just highly humorous for him to tweet how tough he has been when he basically came off as Putin's Cuckold post summit.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote