Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-01-2013, 12:14 PM   #1101
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Today you unload several crates of weapons dispatched by the Baldwin Felts detective agency. You crack them open and hand out machetes, axes and hammers to everybody, including some local townsfolk. If you already have a weapon that does more damage then you keep it.

You also construct some palisades along the three entrances to the town. One each by the tracks and one by the river. Now there are no major routes into or out of Thurmond that do not do by one of these small wooden walls. They will assist in crowd control.

Lynch Deadline is tonight at 10 pm EST

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:32 PM   #1102
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

2/5 done so that's good, though I didn't realize weapons was going to mean non-gun weapons. Ah well.

Went back to grab our injured people list and if Autumn's list was right before, we should now have:

Mauchow (Chief) - 9/12
GoldenEagle - 11/12 (in conval by tyke)
Tyketime - 9/12
Darth Vilus - 15/20
Fontisian - 8/12

We can add up to three more in conval but GE has been pretty hit or miss, so more likely we can add two people. I think Darth should be a definite. As of yesterday at least, I feel more likely than not he's a villager and we're going to need muscle for whatever's going to attack the town. From a class perspective tyke would probably be next to heal, though I feel a bit better about fontisian than the other two and he's slightly more hurt (though he's already used his scan, so I understand that argument against).
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:57 PM   #1103
booradley
High School Varsity

The focus on 2 tasks when we could have knocked out 3 is going to be a mistake. Doing the minimum could have helped isolate cultist actions, as well. Ah well. I've loaded the phrase "I told you so" onto my clipboard.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:16 PM   #1104
Danny
Head Coach

convalescence on Darth
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:36 PM   #1105
Autumn
Head Coach

I will put Tyke into convalescence unless someone has a brighter idea.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:02 PM   #1106
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by booradley View Post
The focus on 2 tasks when we could have knocked out 3 is going to be a mistake. Doing the minimum could have helped isolate cultist actions, as well. Ah well. I've loaded the phrase "I told you so" onto my clipboard.

FWIW, I agree with you, although with Danny MIA before deadline and GE in convalescence, I am not sure we really had the option to complete three.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:19 PM   #1107
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I wanna arrest more people. I miss the sounds of misery as they wallow in the filth of the city jail.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:59 PM   #1108
booradley
High School Varsity

How many detective scans (including myself) do we have left? 3, isn't it?
Old 02-01-2013, 04:00 PM   #1109
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I will be 99% unavailable after about 7pm CST tonight, FYI. I'll check in before than and get a vote in, but if there's any crazy revelations post 7, I will almost certainly not be around to do much about it.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:09 PM   #1110
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

3 boo, unless others have used it and not revealed the info for some reason.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:10 PM   #1111
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I have a Friday class this semester. It's taught by a visiting professor from teh University of Pennsylvania on the Wisdom books of the Old Testament, and those are my favorites in te hBible, so it's a good match. Tonight is my first night, so perhaps a bit on the slow side ofr the Lynch actipon.

Assuming you actually do anything

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 02-01-2013 at 04:10 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:11 PM   #1112
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

This I can speak of, but it won't do us any good. I don't recall if mau said anything before he had to leave the game.

mau is a detective, and he used his scan on N3, before I took over, on Crimson Fox (it came back negative for Cultist of course).

So if that's one of the scans you're hoping for, I'm afraid it was already used.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:26 PM   #1113
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
I have a Friday class this semester. It's taught by a visiting professor from teh University of Pennsylvania on the Wisdom books of the Old Testament, and those are my favorites in te hBible, so it's a good match.

Sounds fun. Clue us in with any ... insight you gather.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:31 PM   #1114
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I have a Friday class this semester. It's taught by a visiting professor from teh University of Pennsylvania on the Wisdom books of the Old Testament, and those are my favorites in te hBible, so it's a good match. Tonight is my first night, so perhaps a bit on the slow side ofr the Lynch actipon.

I have found the Wisdom books to be much more enlightening than the Stupid books.

Old 02-01-2013, 04:36 PM   #1115
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
This I can speak of, but it won't do us any good. I don't recall if mau said anything before he had to leave the game.

mau is a detective, and he used his scan on N3, before I took over, on Crimson Fox (it came back negative for Cultist of course).

So if that's one of the scans you're hoping for, I'm afraid it was already used.

Well that's a bummer.

Were you also informed about whatever Mau found at the Typer estate? Is there anything we can learn from it?
Old 02-01-2013, 04:37 PM   #1116
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

I place fontisian into convalescence
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:41 PM   #1117
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Well that's a bummer.

Were you also informed about whatever Mau found at the Typer estate? Is there anything we can learn from it?

He found an old cavalry sword that deals extra damage (1 d6+ damage, I think). That is personally helpful for me if I get attacked, but it doesn't tell us anything helpful.

Old 02-01-2013, 04:57 PM   #1118
fontisian
College Prospect

Thanks tyke.
fontisian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:01 PM   #1119
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:

i have a scan...any suggestions?
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:02 PM   #1120
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyketime View Post
I place fontisian into convalescence

You still have GE in conval.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:37 PM   #1121
booradley
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
FWIW, I agree with you, although with Danny MIA before deadline and GE in convalescence, I am not sure we really had the option to complete three.

If we didn't overload on the other 2 tasks we could have. Then, if one failed, we could start identifying targets for detective scans. I don't know how else we're gonna target cultists other than task fails. Voting records won't help. Now, as I have drinking/dinner plans (and, fingers crossed, a chance to charm a certain redhead I've had my eye on), I'm going to go ahead and

VOTE NO LYNCH
Old 02-01-2013, 05:42 PM   #1122
saldana
Pro Starter

i said yesterday that i think we need to start voting today, and i stand by that...i dont want to take random shots at the doctors, and since he is the most recent person to vote for no lynch

vote lynch booradley
Old 02-01-2013, 05:45 PM   #1123
Danny
Head Coach

Sorry for missing the afternoon deadlines so often. The time is really bad for me as I often don't get a chance to even use the computer before 10am.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:57 PM   #1124
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
I think tonight will be the last night i agree to this...math/chance is going to catch up to us soonnd I think we need to start establishing a vote history

vote no lynch

Quote:
We aren't going to be able to establish a voting history. The cultists don't know each other and any villager can get converted any night (for the most part).

Saldana, did you see this comment I made?

For what it's worth, I do agree with a math argument for why someone is more likely than not to be a cultist, but there is basically no voting history in this game because everyone is operating independently. Also, it seems ill-conceived to lynch boo before he makes his scan.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:07 PM   #1125
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Voting history in this game is much more looking at the failed quests. Voting is, as JAG has noted, worthless.

Trouble (if you can call it that) is, we've only blown that single quest.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:26 PM   #1126
Danny
Head Coach

vote no lynch

I see absolutely no worthwhile argument for voting for someone at this point.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:29 PM   #1127
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I'm heading to my second job shortly (which is no computer access), so I will put in a couple quick actions.

VOTE NO LYNCH

Put me in the No Lynch argument for this game, at least until we have some specific evidence.

CREATE SENTRY POSTS

I figure the actual rolling quest deadline on Monday is when this is due, but if it's possible to do this with each deadline (quest, lynch, night), I figured I would get this in now.

Old 02-01-2013, 06:29 PM   #1128
britrock88
Pro Starter

If we're accomplishing our tasks, by and large, why should we care about trying to off Cultists? Isn't our win condition to complete a certain set of tasks?
Old 02-01-2013, 06:29 PM   #1129
britrock88
Pro Starter

And boo, GL with the redhead.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:31 PM   #1130
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
You still have GE in conval.

Quote:
Looks like I forgot to mention that each Doctor may only have one person in Convalescence. So on Day X, a Doctor can add someone, but if on Day X+1, that person is still in, the Doctor may not heal someone else.
bah! My bad... You're right. Can we get another Doctor on fontisian please?
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:36 PM   #1131
Autumn
Head Coach

Put tyketime into convalescence
Old 02-01-2013, 07:37 PM   #1132
Autumn
Head Coach

I think Danny already put darth in, so it's up to GE to get anybody else. I guess it doesn't matter between Font and Chief, since they've both used their scans.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:52 PM   #1133
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

Bleh, I'm spiritually in favor of a lynch but we really don't have anything on anyone still. Makes me wary of the ones who were in favor of doing things this way.
Simbo Klice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:20 PM   #1134
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

vote no lynch

On my phone, hopefully formatted right
Old 02-01-2013, 09:12 PM   #1135
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Awesome class awesome class awesome class. Just three of us students with him - spent like an hour and a half on just the first three verses of Ecclesiastes. Amazing stuff!

Old 02-01-2013, 09:17 PM   #1136
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Another no lynch day....ho hum.....

Night Seven has begun and will end at 1 am

Old 02-01-2013, 09:25 PM   #1137
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Saldana, did you see this comment I made?

For what it's worth, I do agree with a math argument for why someone is more likely than not to be a cultist, but there is basically no voting history in this game because everyone is operating independently. Also, it seems ill-conceived to lynch boo before he makes his scan.

honestly, no, i didnt...this has been a crazy week with travelling around.

you are of course correct, and it didnt occur to me until you pointed out...my bad
Old 02-02-2013, 07:45 AM   #1138
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Sorry i missed the deadline. Another bornwout followed last night. I'll handle it when i get back from Seminary. Luckily, there are no deadlines until Monday, so we have alittle play room.

I currently have a class alled Biblical Interpretation. Kind of ironic It argues that there are five steps to interpretating a passge:

1). Find out what the text actually says. Sometimes English gets in the way and the actual word in Greek or Hebrew needs to be assessed.

2). Discover the differences between us today and the people in the text.

3). Find out what the general principle of the text is.

4). Double check your principle against the Bible to ensure it is a correct one.

5). Apply the principle to today.

Old 02-02-2013, 01:40 PM   #1139
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Back and looking badass. Let's finish this thang

Old 02-02-2013, 01:50 PM   #1140
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Last night, many trains arrived and now all of these extra people are buzzing around the town. All of the sudden many of them spin and turn and begin to attack!

They have penetrated the palisades already, but you quickly unleash your new weapons and battle is enjoined!

I’ma toss some dice, but skip the major things. Now that you are level two and things are getting more desperate, you are facing more enemies:

Round 1 – Chief Rum and britrock are hit. CR takes 4 and br 6. You slay many bad guys.

Round 2 – Simbo takes 8. You finish off a few more.

Round 3 – CW is hit twice for 6, and tyketime takes 4. You finish off more

Round 4 – booradley is smashed three times for 17 damage and dies. Chief takes another 4. You finish off some more.

Round 5 – You are mostly missed, but fontisian takes 3. Fewer combatants now. You off more

Round 6 – You take a heavy hit once on saldana for 8 damage. You finish off two more and there are just three Cultists shipped in left.

Round 7 – They miss, and you finish them.

You discover that they are, as suspected, Cultists who were shipped in. You find evidence in several locations of C&O receipts and free passes that were handed to them by the railroad. That cannot be a coincidence. Something is going on with the company and the Cultists. But what?

All players who are still alive are now level 3

Booradley has died.

Total damage sustained:

CR – 8
BR – 6
Fontisian – 3
Saldana – 8
Tyketime – 4

Old 02-02-2013, 01:53 PM   #1141
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quest Eight -

Now you turn your eyes to the company. You finish the evening quietly and then as morning breaks, you decide to take up various tasks to investigate them.

Take Train to Charleston to Check Company Registry - 3
Investigate Paperwork in Thurmond - 5
Investigate Company Offices - 5

All of these assignments count detectives as double. Someone in Convalescence may do the second task, since paperwork can be brought to them in bed.

Old 02-02-2013, 02:16 PM   #1142
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

That sucks about booradley.

My quick math says I am at 7/18 now, so I can use quite a bit of healing. But I know many of us got hurt, so I don't know who should have priority.

I know if I am in Convalescence I can still do the second task from bed, and as a detective i can do double work.

Old 02-02-2013, 02:24 PM   #1143
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

I also was noted to have taken some damage Abe, but since I am getting up to Seagal-esque levels of HP I understand if it's easier not to keep track.

So Chief and Saldana should both be put in convalesence and assigned to the second task then, along with Britrock (Or myself, but I'd think others would have a higher priority since they have less HP to work with). Sound right? Or do we have a holdover in convalesence who we'd need to use in that capacity?
Old 02-02-2013, 02:27 PM   #1144
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

Also, if my count is right, we have 16 work units at our disposal, so we should try to back each task up with 1 extra.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:34 PM   #1145
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

We can put people in convalescence after the quest takes place if we so choose, so we're not necessarily limited by that, only if anyone is still in convalescence do we need to assign them to quest two (tyke was already in convalescence and took damage, I don't honestly know where he is damage-wise now if he's still in there or not).

That said, we may want to choose to do so because it will give GE more of a chance to put someone in than if we wait for the 8 hour stretch between quest deadline and lynch deadline, and it would probably help Danny out as well. So if the numbers work out, we should probably try to do so.

Also, CW wasn't on the damaged report, but he was listed as taking 6 damage, so we should put him on our unofficial list of the injured.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:38 PM   #1146
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

First thing we need to do is figure out our priority list for healing, then see if we can make it so we have 4 work units from the people we would like to stick in conval. today pre-quest deadline plus tyke if he's still in there.

Before we put anyone in conval though, we might want to see if saldana used his scan and what the result is, and if the reporter wants to check in with some info, that could be welcome too.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:39 PM   #1147
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Oh, the second task requires 5 units, so that's good, we should have no problem no matter who we want to have Danny + GE put in conval. I thought it was the one with 3.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:41 PM   #1148
Autumn
Head Coach

It said CW took 6 damage too, which I don't see listed at the end.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:46 PM   #1149
Autumn
Head Coach

Damage Report:

Britrock 12/18
Chief Rum 7/18
Simbo 22/30
Coffee 15/21
Tyke 14/18 - still in convalescence I believe
Saldana 10/18
Fontisian 11/18
Old 02-02-2013, 02:47 PM   #1150
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm not sure the order of operations with the nighttime damage, the level up, and healing.

Abe, is Tyketime still in convalescence or is he fully healed?