Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-30-2024, 06:34 PM   #1101
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
How is the Kelce bros podcast worth 100m/3 years. At that amount he should probably stop playing football

I googled "Richest podcasters in the world". $100m for NFL players who have won Super Bowls, are brothers and are within Taylor Swift's universe seems right up there with just asking questions type, true crime type and get rich quick type podcast that are strewn throughout that top ten list.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2024, 07:42 PM   #1102
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
I googled "Richest podcasters in the world". $100m for NFL players who have won Super Bowls, are brothers and are within Taylor Swift's universe seems right up there with just asking questions type, true crime type and get rich quick type podcast that are strewn throughout that top ten list.

It's been in the top 5 for podcast listeners this year. Add in the potential for a Taylor Swift engagement, etc and it's probably a bargain.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2024, 10:34 AM   #1103
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I have gone out week 1 in my survivor pool 3 years in a row. This year choosing between Bills at home vs Cards or Bengals at home vs Pats.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2024, 12:26 PM   #1104
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

I'd go Bengals. I think the Pats are going to be the worst team in the NFL this year (though there is some competition with Carolina, the Giants, & Washington).
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2024, 08:00 PM   #1105
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Ricky Pearsall was shot in a robbery attempt. Right now it doesn't sound life threatening.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2024, 08:12 PM   #1106
GrantDawg

From the report, it sounds like he gave the guy a fight...
https://x.com/AdamSchefter/status/18...mtRZl7u7g&s=19

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
Old 09-05-2024, 07:44 PM   #1107
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

We need another National Anthem apology and rehab announcement apparently.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2024, 07:44 PM   #1108
thesloppy
Pro Starter

That was an absolutely brutal national anthem
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2024, 07:45 PM   #1109
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
We need another National Anthem apology and rehab announcement apparently.

There were probably several of us scrambling to find this thread
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2024, 07:52 PM   #1110
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Damn. The refs aren't going to stop calling illegal formation penalties: 4 times in one drive.
Old 09-05-2024, 07:52 PM   #1111
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I decided to do a shot every time illegal formation is called and now I am on the way to the hospital..
Old 09-05-2024, 07:57 PM   #1112
GrantDawg

Henry back there with a light Jackson is a special kind of thunder and lightning.
Old 09-05-2024, 07:58 PM   #1113
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

If this Ravens offense stays healthy, it’ll be fun to watch (and hard to stop)
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2024, 08:08 PM   #1114
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Who let the Chiefs have a burner? Seriously?
Old 09-05-2024, 08:52 PM   #1115
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

And Lathum just opened up a fresh one after YANP (yet another penalty) for illegal formation
Old 09-05-2024, 09:39 PM   #1116
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

That Gladiator 2/Pepsi commercial should be submitted to the Hague for warcrimes.
Old 09-05-2024, 10:08 PM   #1117
Kodos
Resident Alien

A question for those that have NFL Sunday Ticket. If I bring my laptop to my Dad’s apartment, can I hook up the laptop to my Dad’s TV and watch Sunday Ticket? (Can I watch it away from my house?)
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2024, 10:12 PM   #1118
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

you may need to authenticate to your new area and then do it again when you get home (and while you're away you won't get your local channels, you'll get his)
Old 09-05-2024, 10:38 PM   #1119
larrymcg421
Head Coach

I really hate how Mahomes deliberately tries to draw late hits.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2024, 10:54 PM   #1120
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

fun game
Old 09-05-2024, 10:55 PM   #1121
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

That sound you hear is 1 million fantasy GM's looking to see if Likely's available in their league. What a game to start.
Old 09-05-2024, 11:07 PM   #1122
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

As someone with size 14 feet, I can empathize with the dramatic ending.

Yeah, Mahomes is a master at drawing that flag. He never goes out of bounds without that in mind. I'm glad the referee didn't bite on the Roquan Smith touch earlier. At least the second one was somewhat of a real call.

I never know how to evaluate Lamar Jackson. On one hand, he does things no one else can do. He puts more on his shoulders than anyone. But on the other hand, those are opportunities he takes away from his capable teammates. The fumble in the first quarter put the Ravens in a hole. His accuracy at the end of the game - on all three of those throws - wasn't good. 58-20 regular season, 2-4 playoffs.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2024, 11:09 PM   #1123
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

That was an incredible game.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2024, 06:51 AM   #1124
Ksyrup

So is the consensus that the ref in the back of the end zone purposely called that a TD to make it a "scoring play" that would require review, or did he really look directly at that and think his toe wasn't on the line? In real time, I thought he was out of bounds. Within the last 2 minutes, reviews can be made on any play, but they don't have to. Scoring plays have to. Now, likely (pun not intended) a time-expiring OOB call in the end zone is going to be reviewed either way, but the only way to guarantee a review is if it's a TO or scoring play. So he called it a TD and let them definitively judge him OOB and overturned the call.

He probably gets docked points on his scorecard for an inaccurate call, but maybe that's worth not being the scapegoat for an incorrect call that decides a game?

Or maybe I'm just over-thinking it, but given the scenario and pressure on refs, I think it's a plausible explanation fo the scenario that played out.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 09-06-2024 at 06:51 AM.
Old 09-06-2024, 06:55 AM   #1125
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
That sound you hear is 1 million fantasy GM's looking to see if Likely's available in their league. What a game to start.

And those of us who drafted Mark Andrews in the 4th round heaving our laptops out of the window.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2024, 07:02 AM   #1126
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post

Man I was sure happy to see Coastal Carolina's Likely get a chance to be a star last night. He didn't do anything wrong on the overturned TD, just a toe away from a potential win. Nine catches for 111 yards, career highs.

I had thought Mark Andrews was going to the IR or not play this game
Old 09-06-2024, 08:24 AM   #1127
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
I really hate how Mahomes deliberately tries to draw late hits.
Yep. And I'm with Jim, glad they didn't call the one, where he basically flopped as soon as a hand was laid on his back.

(Nobody probably watched other than me, but I felt like the Florida Atlantic QB was trying this to some extent against Michigan State, but with slides. Yes, MSU should have had better discipline, but the QB was sliding on like half the plays from scrimmage it seemed like, and sometimes pretty late. He also seemed to have an ejector button on his helmet -- do so much as graze the thing and it came flying off.)
Old 09-06-2024, 08:45 AM   #1128
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
So is the consensus that the ref in the back of the end zone purposely called that a TD to make it a "scoring play" that would require review, or did he really look directly at that and think his toe wasn't on the line? In real time, I thought he was out of bounds. Within the last 2 minutes, reviews can be made on any play, but they don't have to. Scoring plays have to. Now, likely (pun not intended) a time-expiring OOB call in the end zone is going to be reviewed either way, but the only way to guarantee a review is if it's a TO or scoring play. So he called it a TD and let them definitively judge him OOB and overturned the call.

He probably gets docked points on his scorecard for an inaccurate call, but maybe that's worth not being the scapegoat for an incorrect call that decides a game?

Or maybe I'm just over-thinking it, but given the scenario and pressure on refs, I think it's a plausible explanation fo the scenario that played out.

I hope you are overthinking it and he called "what he saw". If his thinking was I'll call TD so it's auto-reviewed what happens if there's not a definitive view? How much toe was out of bounds last night? What would it look like if the toe was back a quarter inch? You could have a "it looks like it's touching but it's not absolutely clear. The original call stands." and Baltimore is going for 2 and the win.

Having said that it could happen the way you describe, but I would hope a ref in that situation "knows" any close play will be reviewed so may as well "call it as I see it" and let the boot sort it out.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2024, 01:22 PM   #1129
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:

I think you have been watching and listening to too many soccer pundits. I hear that "theory" way too often in that sport. I was not sure initially but I leaned towards him not being inbounds as I looked towards the official to see what his call was. I think it was close enough for me to see why the official called him inbounds first time round. It was not an obvious blown call imo.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2024, 09:19 AM   #1130
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
I'd go Bengals. I think the Pats are going to be the worst team in the NFL this year (though there is some competition with Carolina, the Giants, & Washington).

Another one of my solid takes.

This, by the way, is why I don't bet sports.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2024, 12:01 PM   #1131
Ryche
College Benchwarmer

Just saw that every snap Kirk Cousins took was from the pistol or shotgun, that does not bode well for his mobility coming off the achilles. And 100% of the shotgun snaps were passes while 21 of 26 pistol snaps were runs.

So much of his success in Minnesota was based off of play action, that doesn't work nearly as well if you are not mobile enough to take snaps from under center. Maybe they realized this between his signing and the draft?
Old 09-10-2024, 12:03 PM   #1132
Ksyrup

Yeah, maybe the Penix pick had a dual purpose. When the pick happened, everyone was thinking, "Cousins has 2 years in ATL, max" and maybe they saw him and thought, "He may only have 2 weeks or 2 months."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 09-10-2024 at 12:04 PM.
Old 09-10-2024, 12:12 PM   #1133
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

He is 36 coming off a torn achilles just 10 months ago. I'd give him a little time to get his feet under him. It's definitely a concern but I don't think anyone at that age and with that injury would be mobile that fast.

Still think the Penix pick was a mistake and if they wanted a competent backup, should have just kept Heinicke who could have started the first few games till Kirk is up to speed.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2024, 04:27 PM   #1134
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I think it was barstool or something that had a mini debate reel on whether Deshaun Watson was a better person than he is a football player. I died.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote