Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-13-2006, 07:20 PM   #1101
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls
are you sure this is who you ment? Desmond was vote #4 for Mr. W...you were 5 which moved the tie off of you. Desnudo (notice different person but similar name) was vote #8 that was at the end and a throw away.

should correct myself. I originally though this post was by kingfc22 and not kwhit. so my whole "moved the tie off of you." refers to kingfc22. My bad, but still why Desmond?
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 07:21 PM   #1102
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, here is why SnDvls sticks out a little for me:

#1 Taken from my list on Post #575
Quote:
14. SnDvls - has come out with knowledge of the show in his posts. I worry a little bit about him doing a rope-a-dope with his "hope Mr. W shows up to defend himself" post when he was down 4-1 and had not logged onto site. That is the type of thing I would do if I was playing an other, then point that I didn't vote for him and stuck up for him when he wasn't around.

#2 Quickly follows Blade onto Alan T (post #946 for Blade, #951 for SnDvls). I suspect Alan T (based on my earlier comments, and vote for him in post #1011), so now someone that I'm also a little suspicious of votes for him in a point where he is putting him at some risk? This doesn't make sense to me ...

#3 SnDvls removes his vote for Alan T in post #1077, pulling Alan out of the lead two hours before deadline.

Now, I know this is me going conspiracy theory ...
1. They are both wolves
2. There is some concern that there is a coalition forming (with me in it) of survivors and that I'm blowing heat at Alan
3. A wolf is always happy to have a vote on a wolf early in the game if it doesn't mean anything
4. But a wolf doesn't want to put a wolf in jeopardy for no reason
5. And it is suicide for a wolf to help another wolf too late in the day
6. So the vote comes off early enough to not draw too much attention

I recognize the odds of this being true are pretty damn thin. But this idea is running rampant in my head right now.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 07:23 PM   #1103
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy

#2 Quickly follows Blade onto Alan T (post #946 for Blade, #951 for SnDvls). I suspect Alan T (based on my earlier comments, and vote for him in post #1011), so now someone that I'm also a little suspicious of votes for him in a point where he is putting him at some risk? This doesn't make sense to me ...

#3 SnDvls removes his vote for Alan T in post #1077, pulling Alan out of the lead two hours before deadline.

1. They are both wolves
2. There is some concern that there is a coalition forming (with me in it) of survivors and that I'm blowing heat at Alan
3. A wolf is always happy to have a vote on a wolf early in the game if it doesn't mean anything

I recognize the odds of this being true are pretty damn thin. But this idea is running rampant in my head right now.

I think I've dropped enough hints at who I am, character wise. I'm not an "other".
Old 02-13-2006, 07:25 PM   #1104
SnDvls
Pro Starter

dola - I should also add. He isn't in the lead, but he's far from out of trouble too. If I was trying to keep him out of trouble I would plead for everyone else to move off him. I just don't feel in my gut, which is what most of us are going on, that today is his day.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:26 PM   #1105
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

1. They are both wolves

I don't have any problems if you want to vote for him. Just don't vote for me! In all seriousness though, right now the vote today is 3-3-2-2-1-1-1.. I think the wolves are trying to get us go in all kinds of directions, and we are waaaaay spread out right now. TOday's vote looks more like a day 1 vote to me than yesterday's did.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 07:28 PM   #1106
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
back from dinner.
what gives you the hunch? just wondering because I have the same hunch, but I've got a few reasons too.

Let's here them, please.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 07:39 PM   #1107
SnDvls
Pro Starter

you'll have to bear with me I'm not quite as good as others in doing this.

post # 548 you talk about roles that were heavly discussed on day 1, to me you are trying to get some roles out there to help the others

post # 871 you ask for a summary of penny's guilt/innocence
post #954 you ask again for a summary (to me both wolf moves, you act like you care, but don't quite following along or make it seem that way.

the kicker that still sticks with me was the pile on vote on Mr. W
Old 02-13-2006, 07:40 PM   #1108
SnDvls
Pro Starter

dola - the big thing is you haven't voted yet.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:40 PM   #1109
hoopsguy
General Manager

SnDvls, offering up hints that you are Sawyer by saying "freckles" doesn't make much sense at all to me. I haven't seen enough episodes by now to construe any kind of in-game advantage that would give you, other than to distract from something else. So I'm not buying the "hints being dropped".

If you are Sawyer, then I would love to follow up with you on this after the game.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:41 PM   #1110
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
SnDvls, offering up hints that you are Sawyer by saying "freckles" doesn't make much sense at all to me. I haven't seen enough episodes by now to construe any kind of in-game advantage that would give you, other than to distract from something else. So I'm not buying the "hints being dropped".

If you are Sawyer, then I would love to follow up with you on this after the game.

I don't know who Sawyer is or what that would mean. What type of character is Sawyer, and how would that translate to a game like this?
Old 02-13-2006, 07:44 PM   #1111
Desmond
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
I don't know who Sawyer is or what that would mean. What type of character is Sawyer, and how would that translate to a game like this?

Sawyer is sort of a tweener, he's with the survivors but he has a bad past and really hasn't moved off of his bad guy tendencies much.
Desmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 07:44 PM   #1112
Celeval
Pro Starter

Quote:

Sawyer's a con man, but has come through for people from time to time. (Shooting the polar bear, trying to make a move on the Others when they took Walt!) In the last episode, he conned just about everyone on the island into (with Charlie's help) taking control of the guns... he's definately a non-Other, and a player. Could fill any number of the roles in WW as I understand them.
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 07:44 PM   #1113
Swaggs
Coordinator

My thoughts are that a Sawyer character would make a good hunter (w/ the ability to strike back if attacked) or possibly Duke-type (w/ the ability to switch out--but that is a little more out of character).
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 07:46 PM   #1114
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
should correct myself. I originally though this post was by kingfc22 and not kwhit. so my whole "moved the tie off of you." refers to kingfc22. My bad, but still why Desmond?

Not much to go on really. He's been extremely inactive and he had a pseudo-bandwagon vote on Mr. W yesterday. I'm probably going to change it since it would be a wasted vote anyway, but I'm not sure which way to go yet.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 07:50 PM   #1115
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Desmond is in the thread...what's up with you?
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 07:51 PM   #1116
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
Blade was the first to vote. Period. He was the first to say that he was a simple survivor.
Where did Blade say he was a simple survivor??!?!
Old 02-13-2006, 07:51 PM   #1117
hoopsguy
General Manager

KWhit, was just going to post for the people who have the only vote on someone.

Obviously it is close enough where it could turn quickly, but right now the following people have one vote on them:

KWhit (Celeval, post 775)
Celeval (Saldana, post 788)
Desmond (Schmidty, post 1018)

I would hope those people are at least considering their options in terms of voting for someone with 2-3 votes.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:52 PM   #1118
hoopsguy
General Manager

KWhit, I don't think he did. He was the first to post that he was a survivor, and he used the word "simple" in a conversation with me at one point, but I never saw the phrase "simple survivor" in any Blade post.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:52 PM   #1119
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
Where did Blade say he was a simple survivor??!?!
Let me check...one sec
Old 02-13-2006, 07:53 PM   #1120
Celeval
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
My thoughts are that a Sawyer character would make a good hunter (w/ the ability to strike back if attacked) or possibly Duke-type (w/ the ability to switch out--but that is a little more out of character).

Or, he could be Charlie and Hurley and be nothing at all. :-D
Old 02-13-2006, 07:53 PM   #1121
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
KWhit, was just going to post for the people who have the only vote on someone.

Obviously it is close enough where it could turn quickly, but right now the following people have one vote on them:

KWhit (Celeval, post 775)
Celeval (Saldana, post 788)
Desmond (Schmidty, post 1018)

I would hope those people are at least considering their options in terms of voting for someone with 2-3 votes.

Yeah, I don't like having a vote on me with the vote counts so low. It may make me put my vote on Desnudo just to distance myself from the chopping block.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:54 PM   #1122
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm about to go *poof* to watch 24, so I'm not going to have much availability over the next hour. If the wife doesn't think I'm a total freak for keeping an eye on this with my laptop downstairs I might go that route ...
Old 02-13-2006, 07:54 PM   #1123
Celeval
Pro Starter

Quote:

I have been. Although at the same time, I don't feel strongly about either of the options at this point. Do we have a fully updated list?
Old 02-13-2006, 07:54 PM   #1124
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Can't seem to find it, but I could've sworn he said it.

*shrug*
Old 02-13-2006, 07:54 PM   #1125
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
KWhit, I don't think he did. He was the first to post that he was a survivor, and he used the word "simple" in a conversation with me at one point, but I never saw the phrase "simple survivor" in any Blade post.

I tried to find it but I couldn't. It sounded like Raiders is vouching for Blade by speaking untruths.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:55 PM   #1126
Celeval
Pro Starter

Quote:
Yeah, I don't like having a vote on me with the vote counts so low. It may make me put my vote on Desnudo just to distance myself from the chopping block.

UNVOTE KWhit

That help? I figure your gameplan is in by now, and we got as much information out of my putting a single vote on you that we could have expected.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:55 PM   #1127
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Can't seem to find it, but I could've sworn he said it.

*shrug*

Well, it's important since the whole "trio of trust" at this point is based on it.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:56 PM   #1128
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeval
UNVOTE KWhit

That help? I figure your gameplan is in by now, and we got as much information out of my putting a single vote on you that we could have expected.

Ahhhh!!!! Sweet freedom!

Old 02-13-2006, 07:56 PM   #1129
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I tried to find it but I couldn't. It sounded like Raiders is vouching for Blade by speaking untruths.

I just searched the thread, and the only times I see the word simple in Blade's posts are either somewhere that he quoted someone else saying it, or he used it in other context such as keeping something simple.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:56 PM   #1130
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Well, when I posted that, I had just slammed about four beers because it was a pretty hard day. Excuse me for speaking some untruths.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:57 PM   #1131
Celeval
Pro Starter

Quote:
Well, it's important since the whole "trio of trust" at this point is based on it.

I thought Blade wasn't in the trio.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:57 PM   #1132
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm showing the following:
McKerney (3) - Alan T (730), Raiders (1074), Desmond (1100)
Desnudo (3) - Schmidty (1049), Pennywise (1054), mckerney (1092)
Raiders (2) - Spleen (728), King (990)
Alan T (2) - Blade (946), Hoopsguy (1011)
Kwhit (1) - Celeval (775)
Celeval (1) - Saldana (788)
Desmond (1) - KWhit (1018)

This is my list as of #1125
Old 02-13-2006, 07:58 PM   #1133
Desmond
Banned

Quote:
Desmond is in the thread...what's up with you?

In what respect? Right now im just trying to get a grasp on roles and who seems like they could be what and what I could learn from targeting certain guys. I think McKerney could provide some more info if he's targeted for a lynching.
Desmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 07:58 PM   #1134
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Updated vote count for people who asked:

Desnudo 3
mckerney 3
Alan T 2
Raiders 2
celeval 1
Desmond 1

ALOT, and I mean alot of people have unvoted or held their votes back, which is making this look like its going to be really a fast finish. Could really go any direction right now (including people who have 0 votes) if a bandwagon starts fast enough.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:59 PM   #1135
Swaggs
Coordinator

I'm going to jump into the column.

Vote AlanT
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 08:00 PM   #1136
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Updated vote count for people who asked:

Desnudo 3
mckerney 3
Alan T 2
Raiders 2
celeval 1
Desmond 1

ALOT, and I mean alot of people have unvoted or held their votes back, which is making this look like its going to be really a fast finish. Could really go any direction right now (including people who have 0 votes) if a bandwagon starts fast enough.

To add to this, unless my math skills stink, I think I cound 7 votes still outstanding with 1 hour to go. Thats a little over 33% left to vote.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:00 PM   #1137
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmond
In what respect? Right now im just trying to get a grasp on roles and who seems like they could be what and what I could learn from targeting certain guys. I think McKerney could provide some more info if he's targeted for a lynching.
dunno. must be some residue drunk posting.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:01 PM   #1138
SnDvls
Pro Starter

okay going with my gut and putting a deciding vote out there

vote Desnudo

he still hasn't voted. I think he's saving it up to try and trap someone along with at least one of his other buddies. I could be wrong, but I've got too strong a feeling with this.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:01 PM   #1139
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Well, when I posted that, I had just slammed about four beers because it was a pretty hard day. Excuse me for speaking some untruths.

Blade was very very clear in his trust in you - moreso than the group of us vouching for each other. He basically revealed everything to us but never gave us any indication as to why he trusted you. I find that strange. And then you vouch for him stating that he was in fact the first to use the term "simple survivor" which is completely false. And the use of that phrase is the only reason that I, Hoops, and Spleen are semi-trusted at this point. A fact that was stated very clearly by Hoops a few pages ago. I have no idea if I caught you in something, but it is certainly noteworthy.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:02 PM   #1140
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Just throwing this out there, but RPI-Fan/Packer has been almost non-existent in the thread.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:02 PM   #1141
Celeval
Pro Starter

Hehe... I keep mixing up the 9 CST.

Two questions about WW in general - I've picked up from implications that ties are bad. Is that because we don't know what would happen?

Also, something I've been thinking about - of what use is the Duke role, other than to move the vote off of the Duke himself? Essentially the ability to completely move the target during one day, if the person playing the Duke is convinced of someone's innocence/guilt?
Old 02-13-2006, 08:02 PM   #1142
SnDvls
Pro Starter

dola - looks like I broke a double tie twice with swaggs getting in on AlanT this will really help on where Desnudo puts his vote now.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:03 PM   #1143
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
I thought Blade wasn't in the trio.

Correct. My point was that the use of the term "simple survivor" (by me incidently) was what created the trust between us. RA saying that it was Blade and not me who actually said it first is odd (especially considering Blade's unexplained trust of RA).
Old 02-13-2006, 08:04 PM   #1144
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Hehe... I keep mixing up the 9 CST.

Two questions about WW in general - I've picked up from implications that ties are bad. Is that because we don't know what would happen?

Also, something I've been thinking about - of what use is the Duke role, other than to move the vote off of the Duke himself? Essentially the ability to completely move the target during one day, if the person playing the Duke is convinced of someone's innocence/guilt?

Ties can be good, bad, indifferent, who knows. In some cases a tie could end up with a tiebreaker that might help reveal a fellow villager. In other cases it could end up in no one lynched at all, and you don't learn anything from the day (big advantage for the wolves).. Since I have been lynched 2 games in a row on this forum for advocating a tie or being involved in one, I will in NO way recommend us doing one here lol

As for the DUke, usually its to protect themselves from being lynched yes. But it -could- be used if they feel very very confident that someone is being lynched unjustly and is an innocent villager.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:08 PM   #1145
KWhit
Coordinator

At this point I'm leaning heavily toward voting for Raiders. However, that looks like it might muddy the water and make a tie more likely. Does anyone else have the same concerns that I do about his Blade - simple survivor comments?
Old 02-13-2006, 08:09 PM   #1146
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
At this point I'm leaning heavily toward voting for Raiders. However, that looks like it might muddy the water and make a tie more likely. Does anyone else have the same concerns that I do about his Blade - simple survivor comments?
I don't.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:11 PM   #1147
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I guess I don't have a problem with you voting for Raiders if that is where your gut lies. Right now out of the 4 people who are most in the lynch race, its myself and 3 people I distrust... so I'm really interested in seeing where this goes. My only concern right now is with so many people holding back votes, this could easily end up in a tie on us.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:14 PM   #1148
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
I guess I don't have a problem with you voting for Raiders if that is where your gut lies. Right now out of the 4 people who are most in the lynch race, its myself and 3 people I distrust... so I'm really interested in seeing where this goes. My only concern right now is with so many people holding back votes, this could easily end up in a tie on us.

That's what I'm worried about too.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:15 PM   #1149
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
That's what I'm worried about too.

Its 4-3-3-2-1-1 right now with 5 votes out if I am counting right.. So right now anything is possible. You obviously being one of the 5 outstanding votes.

At this point though I can't give you any reason why to not pick Raiders over the other 3, I'm just hoping however this ends we learn something from who votes a certain way at the end.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:16 PM   #1150
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Its 4-3-3-2-1-1 right now with 5 votes out if I am counting right.. So right now anything is possible. You obviously being one of the 5 outstanding votes.

At this point though I can't give you any reason why to not pick Raiders over the other 3, I'm just hoping however this ends we learn something from who votes a certain way at the end.

And actually I'm still on Desmond, so I'm not one of the outstanding votes.