Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-15-2010, 12:52 PM   #1101
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
It's a really great console for kids and girls/women. I bought a used DSLite for my three year old daughter and she plays it all the time.

^^ Behold, the master of backhanded compliments at work (clearly, becoming either the #1 or #2 best selling console ever has been achieved selling only to little girls)

Anyways- anyone else catch any more details about what Iwata was talking about for online play for the 3DS? They talked about the silly tag mode on the Nintendo website but they aren't talking about online play.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 06-15-2010 at 01:04 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 12:59 PM   #1102
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleBrownsfan View Post
I just don't get the attractiveness of Nintendo or DS - am I in the minority here?
The Wii was fun for a little while, but I haven't played it in quite a while. I don't regret buying it - I certainly got my money's worth of entertainment out of it - but for console gaming I'm far more interested in 360 and PS3 games.

The DS on the other hand is consistently fun - it's a great platform for smaller-scale games that you can play on the go. My DS is one of the main ways I kill time on airplanes and airports.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 12:59 PM   #1103
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
^^ Behold, the master of backhanded compliments at work

What the hell????? I compliment what is easily the best handheld on the market noting why it sells so well and it's a backhanded compliment?

While the over-sensitive Nintendo fans may think that it's somehow a problem that women and girls like the DS, Nintendo is laughing all the way to the bank with a handheld and a console that both owe their huge sales to their wide appeal to all gamers, not just the core audience. My daughter will tell you it's 'awesome'. I certainly don't disagree.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 01:23 PM   #1104
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
What the hell????? I compliment what is easily the best handheld on the market noting why it sells so well and it's a backhanded compliment?

While the over-sensitive Nintendo fans may think that it's somehow a problem that women and girls like the DS, Nintendo is laughing all the way to the bank with a handheld and a console that both owe their huge sales to their wide appeal to all gamers, not just the core audience. My daughter will tell you it's 'awesome'. I certainly don't disagree.

Oh boy, here comes the persecution complex again. You qualified your original praise as "It's a really great console for kids and girls/women."

You are on a pathetic roll today.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 01:28 PM   #1105
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
Oh boy, here comes the persecution complex again. You qualified your original praise as "It's a really great console for kids and girls/women."

You are on a pathetic roll today.

That's a huge base for that console. Look around you the next time you're on a plane with kids around. You'll find kids playing a DS everywhere and most of them are female. In case you haven't noticed, 50% of the consumer base in our country is female. It's about time a company addressed the whole market and got it right, whether overly-sensitive core gamers like you and SI want to admit it or not. It's just another console if it appeals to the core gamer. As a wide-reaching console, it becomes the best handheld ever created.
Old 06-15-2010, 01:31 PM   #1106
Tigercat
College Starter

I think some of us are overly sensitive on what MBBF says. I would argue that it certainly is the non hardcore gamers, kids and women being a big part of that, that fuels both the Wii and DS markets to push them above their competitors. I like to think I have a diverse group of friends, most of whom are gamers, and not a single female I know owns a PSP. The DS, on the other hand...
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 01:38 PM   #1107
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

I guess it comes down to an individual. I just don't get the whole hand held gaming thing. I would never buy a hand held system as I would rather read a book/magazine if I'm in a place that would make since to play DS/PSP. Why would I want to play a game on a 5 inch screen when I have a 50 inch HDTV at home? Of course these are just my opinions...

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders

Last edited by CleBrownsfan : 06-15-2010 at 01:39 PM.
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 01:38 PM   #1108
SackAttack
Head Coach

The issue is the qualifier, I think. It's not always what he says, but how he says it.

The way he phrased that comment implied that the unspoken part was "but no guy would be caught dead playing it."

As opposed to, you know, Wii having done a phenomenal job of bringing girls and women into a marketplace that historically they have not been a significant percentage of. Something like 55% of Wii/DS owners are female. That's not hyperbole. That's science.

But that also means that 45% of Wii/DS primary players are guys, and that's not an insignificant percentage. Especially when you consider the hojillions of Wii/DS units that Nintendo have sold in the last several years.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 01:41 PM   #1109
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
The issue is the qualifier, I think. It's not always what he says, but how he says it.

The way he phrased that comment implied that the unspoken part was "but no guy would be caught dead playing it."

As opposed to, you know, Wii having done a phenomenal job of bringing girls and women into a marketplace that historically they have not been a significant percentage of. Something like 55% of Wii/DS owners are female. That's not hyperbole. That's science.

But that also means that 45% of Wii/DS primary players are guys, and that's not an insignificant percentage. Especially when you consider the hojillions of Wii/DS units that Nintendo have sold in the last several years.

I own two Nintendo DS units and my PSP has been collecting dust for over a year. I probably play my DS more than the people complaining here.
Old 06-15-2010, 01:42 PM   #1110
Tigercat
College Starter

I did notice the ability to lactate whenever I held a DS, I just chalked it up to coincidence.
Old 06-15-2010, 01:43 PM   #1111
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
I did notice the ability to lactate whenever I held a DS, I just chalked it up to coincidence.

You too?!
Old 06-15-2010, 01:51 PM   #1112
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
I own two Nintendo DS units and my PSP has been collecting dust for over a year. I probably play my DS more than the people complaining here.

I don't play either one much. The PSP ends up getting used for airline travel since I can watch videos on it rather than crane my neck trying to see the in-flight (or, worse, getting no in-flight at all).

The DS...some games I really enjoy, but the ones that they force stylus control on me I end up just not playing. That was a gimmick I never cared for.
Old 06-15-2010, 01:59 PM   #1113
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
I don't play either one much. The PSP ends up getting used for airline travel since I can watch videos on it rather than crane my neck trying to see the in-flight (or, worse, getting no in-flight at all).

The DS...some games I really enjoy, but the ones that they force stylus control on me I end up just not playing. That was a gimmick I never cared for.

I'm a big fan of the classic RPG style games on the DS. They usually have less stylus action as well, which I like.
Old 06-15-2010, 02:16 PM   #1114
SackAttack
Head Coach

I repeat, dear Sony: if you have time to add Move and 3D functionality to MLB 10, you have time to FIX THE LEGACY BROKEN SHIT.
Old 06-15-2010, 02:19 PM   #1115
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

{snark}Haha. 3D Glasses. How quaint.{/snark}

It's never been a series I'm huge on, but GT5 looks absolutely gorgeous.

Sly collection, I'm curious about.

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 06-15-2010 at 02:20 PM.
Old 06-15-2010, 02:21 PM   #1116
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

How was the Solecismic booth at E3?
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 02:39 PM   #1117
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
How was the Solecismic booth at E3?

It was awesome! They announced their new dice game, Kismet!
Old 06-15-2010, 02:40 PM   #1118
SackAttack
Head Coach

"Heroes on the Move" = okay, Sony, now you have my attention.
Old 06-15-2010, 02:42 PM   #1119
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

What about signs of monthly moodiness?
Old 06-15-2010, 02:47 PM   #1120
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
I like to think I have a diverse group of friends, most of whom are gamers, and not a single female I know owns a PSP. The DS, on the other hand...

I know of a female who has a PSP - I gave mine to my niece a while ago because the small screen hurts my old man eyes.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 02:55 PM   #1121
Tigercat
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
What about signs of monthly moodiness?

I get that already when I look at my paycheck.
Old 06-15-2010, 03:12 PM   #1122
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Man, nothing interesting today (or yesterday for that matter, except that the new 360 is pretty). NO interest in motion control systems, I loathe most of the motion control games on the Wii and the stylus-controlled games on the DS. Even less interest in 3D crap, even if it doesn't require special glasses. Only thing I want to know is if the "analog nub" on the 3DS works as poorly as the one on the PSP does.

I love my DS and I'll admit I even like my PSP, and my 360 gets the most play time of my consoles (I have PS3, Wii, and 360). But I don't think I'll be running out to get anything recently announced right when it comes out, especially not Natal, PS Motion, or the 3DS.

Edit: I take that back. Golden Sun could be interesting, depending on how it's done. I hate forced stylus use (or Wiimote use), which is why the Zelda franchise is all but dead to me.

/tk

Last edited by terpkristin : 06-15-2010 at 03:18 PM.
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 03:14 PM   #1123
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I like to think I have a diverse group of friends, most of whom are gamers, and not a single female I know owns a PSP. The DS, on the other hand...

Not that you know me personally, but I actually own 2 PSP's. And 1 DS. And I don't play the PSP as often as the DS because the battery life on the PSP is crapola. And I like the RPGs on the DS better (Pokemon games, remakes of Final Fantasy III and IV, ChronoTrigger and Dragon Quest remakes, Etrian Odyssey games, the new Dragon Quest game, etc etc)

/tk
Old 06-15-2010, 03:17 PM   #1124
SackAttack
Head Coach

PlayStation Plus, $49.99/year. It sounded like the rumored free PSN game each month is going to be part of that.
Old 06-15-2010, 03:19 PM   #1125
SackAttack
Head Coach

Couple of people are saying they heard "duration of subscription" in there, which somehow slipped past me. So that starts to make it sound like $50/year for the PS3 equivalent of GameTap.
Old 06-15-2010, 03:20 PM   #1126
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

So what does $50/year give you for PS Plus? Since I assume that the current structure of PSN will remain free?

/tk
Old 06-15-2010, 03:21 PM   #1127
Tigercat
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin View Post
Not that you know me personally, but I actually own 2 PSP's. And 1 DS. And I don't play the PSP as often as the DS because the battery life on the PSP is crapola. And I like the RPGs on the DS better (Pokemon games, remakes of Final Fantasy III and IV, ChronoTrigger and Dragon Quest remakes, Etrian Odyssey games, the new Dragon Quest game, etc etc)

/tk

Most of my female friends aren't above casual gamers unfortunately. A group of them spend way too much time competing on one of the Harvest Moon DS games. If its not cute or fun to play while drunk they probably would ignore it.
Old 06-15-2010, 03:22 PM   #1128
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
So what does $50/year give you for PS Plus? Since I assume that the current structure of PSN will remain free?

/tk

Sounds like access to betas, various bits of content - full PSN games, probably smaller DLC, etc.

They'll also push "demos and firmware updates" to the console.

But what concerns me is the whole "yours for the duration of the subscription" bit.
Old 06-15-2010, 03:40 PM   #1129
SackAttack
Head Coach

11/2/10 release date on Gran Turismo 5.

Anybody up for a pool as to whether or not they'll meet that?
Old 06-15-2010, 03:44 PM   #1130
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:

If the programmers are like the cars in that game, they will work at a certain pace without regard to thoughts of winning or meeting their completion date. They are just out for a drive, and care not about the racing aspect of the game. They don't care if other developers pass them or not.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 03:44 PM   #1131
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Quote:

I'm thinking maybe 6:1 against.

Edit: Although they were advertising it heavily at the 24 Hours of Le Mans this past weekend, so apparently at least the Sony marketing folks are under the impression it will be out relatively soon.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)

Last edited by DataKing : 06-15-2010 at 03:46 PM.
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 03:51 PM   #1132
MJ4H
Coordinator

Holy shit I just watched the Nintendo conference on DVR. I will have the 3DS on launch day. Wife is already interested, that sold me.

So, lol at the Zelda presentation. I cringed all the way through that. I'm sure it's awesome, but the demo was laughable. I mean, it was plagued with everything I hate about motion controls. From not recognizing motions sometimes to detecting them when you aren't doing anything at all to doing something completely different than you want it to and even doing things that you want just significantly lagged. Fuck. As the demo went on, I think it became clear that there was something effing up the communication between the controller and system, but man that was fucking painful to watch. Aside from that, I liked what I saw.

Mario Sports Mix could be complete crap or complete awesome. No way to know yet.

Kid Icarus. I nearly orgasmed. That's about all I can say. I probably would have if it would've been in 3D when it was revealed. Fuck yes.

GOLDENEYE OH HELL YES.

btw FUCKING METAL GEAR

Last edited by MJ4H : 06-15-2010 at 04:03 PM.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 04:02 PM   #1133
MJ4H
Coordinator

3DS First and Third-Party Upcoming Game List From Nintendo Press Site

Activision Publishing, Inc.
DJ Hero® 3D

AQ INTERACTIVE
cubic ninja

ATLUS
Etrian Odyssey
Shin Megami Tensei
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor

Capcom
RESIDENT EVIL® REVELATIONS
SUPER STREET FIGHTER IV 3D Edition (name not final)

Electronic Arts
FIFA Soccer
Madden NFL
The Sims™ 3
Gameloft
Asphalt GT

Harmonix
Music game

HUDSON SOFT
Bomberman franchise
DECA SPORTS franchise
KORORINPA franchise

KONAMI
Baseball franchise
Contra franchise
Frogger franchise
HIDEO KOJIMA’S METAL GEAR SOLID SNAKE EATER 3D
“The Naked Sample”
PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER franchise /
WINNING ELEVEN franchise

LEVEL-5
Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle (name not final)

Majesco Entertainment
BloodRayne: The Shroud
A Boy and His Blob
Face Racers: Photo Finish
Lion’s Pride: Adventures on the Serengeti
Martha Stewart
WonderWorld Amusement Park
Marvelous Entertainment
BOKUJYOUMONOGATARI 3D (name not final)

NAMCO BANDAI Games
Dragon Ball® franchise (name not final)
Gundam® franchise (name not final)
PAC-MAN™ & GALAGA™ (name not final)
RIDGE RACER® (name not final)
Super Robot franchise (name not final)

Nintendo
Animal Crossing™
Kid Icarus™: Uprising
Mario Kart™
nintendogs™ + cats
Paper Mario™
PilotWings Resort™
Star Fox 64™ 3D
Steel Diver™
ROCKET
Crash-City GP
VS-robo

SEGA
Sonic (name not final)
Super Monkey Ball (name not final)

SQUARE ENIX
CODENAME: Chocobo Racing® 3D
DRAGON QUEST® franchise
FINAL FANTASY® franchise
KINGDOM HEARTS franchise

Take-Two Interactive
Carnival Games® franchise

TECMO KOEI GAMES
DEAD OR ALIVE® 3D (name not final)
Old 06-15-2010, 04:13 PM   #1134
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Man, nothing interesting today (or yesterday for that matter, except that the new 360 is pretty). NO interest in motion control systems, I loathe most of the motion control games on the Wii and the stylus-controlled games on the DS.

/tk

I agree about motion control systems. No interest at all. 90% of the time I am playing some game on a console, I am drinking beer. Usually it's a lot of beer. Nothing good will come of the mixture of lots of beer and me playing a motion control system.

The new Xbox 360 does look nice. I like the features too. The Xbox 360 that I've had for the last 3 years is actually a friend's spare he bought during a RROD crisis. If I ever need to pony up and get my own, this is definitely the one I will get. Good storage, DMI cable output, built in wireless...

As for gaming news. I am not too concerned. My immediate gaming future is pretty much set with the upcoming releases of Starcraft 2, Elemental: War of Magic, Civ V, and Fallout: New Vegas all coming in the next 3-4 months.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 08:14 PM   #1135
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

I hope the Konami baseball game in that list of future 3DS games is from the Power Pros series.

I wonder what the Dragon Quest game will be, a spinoff like Rocket Slime or the Monsters series, a remake (DQ7?), or maybe they switched DQ10 from Wii to 3DS after DQ9 sold like five million copies on DS in Japan alone.

I'll be getting a 3DS near launch if the price is reasonable (which I'm concerned about with the pricing of the DSi and DSi XL), floor impressions have been very positive and it looks like there will be a lot of good, early third-party support in addition to Nintendo's stuff.

Hopefully the new Twisted Metal game rocks, I loved the first two on PS1.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 08:20 PM   #1136
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I'm very curious about the 3DS. Hell, I just want to see it. You just can't see how it looks on a 2D screen. I want to see if it delivers.

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 06-15-2010 at 08:21 PM.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:22 AM   #1137
Atocep
Coordinator

I didn't Nintendo's conference wasn't very good this year. The 3DS looked cool and grabbed my attention, but the rest of the show was unimpressive. The Zelda demo was a disaster.

I thought Microsoft's was solid. Haven't watched Sony's yet.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 07:14 AM   #1138
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Really happy to see the Playstation Plus include a game a month. That's the tipping point for me. I have to feel like I'm getting my money's worth in some way.

Didn't see any mention in the thread of the new Twisted Metal game. Really looked like a lot of good mindless fun. Loved the old games and this one looks just as high-paced.

Will have to dust off the old Force Feedback wheel now that we're FINALLY in the home stretch on Gran Turismo 5. It looks fantastic.

And in case you all missed the Kevin Butler speech, he got a room full of geeks all riled up with his 'speech'. Pretty funny.........

Old 06-16-2010, 07:39 AM   #1139
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
And the crowd of journalists and celebs invited to the press conference get a payoff for sitting through two hours of Kinect drudgery. Heh.

I didn't see much mentioned about this. I think this is a pretty low point for gaming journalism. I'd hate to see E3 become a situation where companies start to 'buy off' journalists with giveaways of this size. I think a much better option would have been to offer each group in attendance a new 360 to give away to their users or just to give a couple hundred of the new machines to a charity like Child's Play. This seems to take things in a direction that may trigger further modifications to the law related to gaming journalist hand-outs.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:16 AM   #1140
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
I didn't see much mentioned about this. I think this is a pretty low point for gaming journalism. I'd hate to see E3 become a situation where companies start to 'buy off' journalists with giveaways of this size. I think a much better option would have been to offer each group in attendance a new 360 to give away to their users or just to give a couple hundred of the new machines to a charity like Child's Play. This seems to take things in a direction that may trigger further modifications to the law related to gaming journalist hand-outs.

lol
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 08:34 AM   #1141
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I think it's an awfully expensive handout and not a great precedent. Then again, as I joked with Josh: "As long as anyone in there has reviewed more than, say, 5 games, they've had to replace their 360 so maybe Microsoft figured they owed them one"

Usually the handout is some sort of game demo or something like that but I suppose if you want to generate buzz, that's definitely one way to do it.

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 06-16-2010 at 08:34 AM.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:35 AM   #1142
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Speaking of Microsoft, who is their human mascot? Nintendo has Reggie. Sony has Kevin Butler. So who is Microsoft's?

SI

Old 06-16-2010, 08:46 AM   #1143
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Speaking of Microsoft, who is their human mascot? Nintendo has Reggie. Sony has Kevin Butler. So who is Microsoft's?

SI

Looks like Sony is launching a spin off of the Kevin Butler character as well to pimp the PSP line..........

Old 06-16-2010, 08:47 AM   #1144
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
I didn't Nintendo's conference wasn't very good this year. The 3DS looked cool and grabbed my attention, but the rest of the show was unimpressive. The Zelda demo was a disaster.

I thought Microsoft's was solid. Haven't watched Sony's yet.

Kevin Butler is his usual funny self. There are some pretty games but you won't get the full effect because you don't have 3D on your computer and a lot of the presentation was in 3D. Gears of War- well, I'm not into FPSs, but I found it to look... well, just like any other. Gran Turismo looks really pretty. Sly collection and Heroes on the Move I'm curious about because Sony's top platformers are usually very good and don't seem to get enough love. Little Big Planet 2 looks to improve on an already good formula. Gabe Newell comes out and does a little self deprecating humor (I loved his line about Butler being the "VP of sharpening objects" or something like that) before showing Portal 2 coming to PS3. And they end with Twisted Metal, which is solid and a long time coming

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 06-16-2010 at 08:49 AM.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:02 AM   #1145
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Looks like Sony is launching a spin off of the Kevin Butler character as well to pimp the PSP line..........

I saw the first ad on during either The Daily Show or Colbert last night. It was a pretty strong shot against Apple. Since I doubt Nintendo will go get their hands dirty like that, I'm happy to see Sony do it.

SI

Old 06-16-2010, 09:55 AM   #1146
MJ4H
Coordinator

I feel like this is the year that Nintendo is finally making all the games we wished they had been making the past 3 years.

Miyamoto: “We are very hard at work on Pikmin”

Filed under: E3 2010, News — DarkWish @ 10:12 pm

After the absence of Pikmin 3 today from Nintendo, someone asked Miyamoto for a status update at the Developers Roundtable. According to him, Pikmin 3 was not brought to E3 because he didn’t want it to be a distraction for other games. However, he did say that “Rest assured, though, we are very hard at work on Pikmin.” Hopefully it’s not too long before we get some information on the game.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:02 AM   #1147
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Yeah- I don't know about the proverbial Megaton, per se, but Nintendo sure has quantity that we haven't seen in years. I mean, they've had to sneak in stuff that would normally be a big deal. For instance, with the 3DS, there's Star Fox 3DS, Paper Mario 3DS, and Ocarina of Time 3DS all confirmed on the floor but no mention in the press conference.

SI

Old 06-16-2010, 11:06 AM   #1148
MJ4H
Coordinator

Two years ago, Animal Crossing City Folk was one of the featured games in the conference. Animal Crossing 3DS is in development and no mention at all. There seem to be lots of examples of this. Looks like this will be a fantastic year for Nintendo fans.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:20 AM   #1149
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Thing is- I think the 3DS is at least next summer, if not next fall/Christmas for release. I'm not sure how many of these things will be ready for this year. The big confirmed games for this year for the Wii are NBA Jam, Wii Party, Kirby, Epic Mickey, Donkey Kong Country, Goldeneye, and Metroid Other M. Zelda and Mario Sports Mix are 2011. For the DS, it's Golden Sun, Dragon Quest 9, and Super Scribblenauts but that's pretty much it as I think they're going to be doing one last big hurrah before the 3DS. That said, if you're a Nintendo fan, it's a fun time. Some of these may not get the press of some of the other announcements for other games but, man, if you're a Nintendo fan- that's a lot of stuff that's right up your alley

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 06-16-2010 at 11:21 AM.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:22 AM   #1150
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
NBA Jam, Wii Party, Kirby, Epic Mickey, Donkey Kong Country, Goldeneye, and Metroid Other M. Zelda and Mario Sports Mix are 2011. For the DS, it's Golden Sun, Dragon Quest 9, and Super Scribblenauts but that's pretty much it

SI

lol

and hey, I didn't mean the next EXACTLY ONE YEAR FROM (looks at watch) **NOW**

Last edited by MJ4H : 06-16-2010 at 11:23 AM.