College Starter

Oh and did Grey get a replacement?
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 05:14 PM   #1102
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
If Qwik and blade were in the same faction, and both died, that faction probably only has one person left....

You misunderstood me. I think Qwik was an assassin that they cut loose.

I think the fast-talker that was converted was in blade's faction. That leaves 2-3 people in blade's old faction, including the fast talker.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 05:16 PM   #1103
st.cronin
General Manager

I'm wondering if the sly assasin could have set up Qwik.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 05:26 PM   #1104
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I'm not saying I hink king is an assasin and I am more then willing to change my vote. All I am saying is another non executioun gives the assasins more time to kill without us gaining information. I know I am going out on a limb, it just seems to me we aren't doing a good job of obtaining the info we need to go forward.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 05:28 PM   #1105
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

dola- anyone who has played with me knows I'm not afraid to put my neck on the line at this point of the game to try and stir up some discussion and get some info out there. I realize it would be eaiser ti sit back and be quiet but thats not in my nature.
Old 10-01-2006, 05:41 PM   #1106
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I'm not saying I hink king is an assasin and I am more then willing to change my vote. All I am saying is another non executioun gives the assasins more time to kill without us gaining information. I know I am going out on a limb, it just seems to me we aren't doing a good job of obtaining the info we need to go forward.

If you think King is not an assassin, its negative points for nobles to execute him.

We are missing info because we can't put some people on factions. I think bullet has made a claim on King, so why kill him?

Grey, NTN, WVU and Lathum are the four I haven't put on factions. If people would start claiming them, I think we can get somewhere.
Old 10-01-2006, 05:49 PM   #1107
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Fouts, I voted before bullet said anything and I'm not sold yet. Bullet also threw a vote on me at the same times which makes me suspiscous of him.
Old 10-01-2006, 05:50 PM   #1108
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts View Post
If you think King is not an assassin, its negative points for nobles to execute him.

We are missing info because we can't put some people on factions. I think bullet has made a claim on King, so why kill him?

Grey, NTN, WVU and Lathum are the four I haven't put on factions. If people would start claiming them, I think we can get somewhere.

It's not quite that black and white, afaict. If king is not in my faction, and I execute him, that's negative points for me - but it's also taking away all the potential plus points he could accumulate for the duration of the game.

knives out
Old 10-01-2006, 05:56 PM   #1109
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:

It's not quite that black and white, afaict. If king is not in my faction, and I execute him, that's negative points for me - but it's also taking away all the potential plus points he could accumulate for the duration of the game.

knives out
Old 10-01-2006, 07:03 PM   #1110
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post

If another faction's leader is crowned, thats a minor victory for me.

With 4 fast talking nobles, 2 days to execute assassins, and at least 1 night kill (or conversion) per night, I'll take the minor victory. I'm not sure I like the game balance in this one. Finding the assassins appears to be unreachable, so having any noble crowned is ok with me.
Old 10-01-2006, 07:12 PM   #1111
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
If another faction's leader is crowned, thats a minor victory for me.

With 4 fast talking nobles, 2 days to execute assassins, and at least 1 night kill (or conversion) per night, I'll take the minor victory. I'm not sure I like the game balance in this one. Finding the assassins appears to be unreachable, so having any noble crowned is ok with me.

Finding assassins is not unreachable. We found one already, and we'll find others. Our big problem is that people have been trying to vouch for their faction members after that member has already gone to jail. That gives us a one day delay. At the very least, we are working our way through people. The list of unknowns is shrinking.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 07:16 PM   #1112
st.cronin
General Manager

Yeah, I agree with BrianD. Keep in mind that 4 fast talking nobles, but the number that actually get converted is not likely to be 4.

Also, at some point we'll have to execute somebody who's been vouched for. It's just too easy for an assasin to say of another assasin "he's in my faction." If we just say "ok" and move on to the next target, we'll get slaughtered.

knives out
Old 10-01-2006, 07:16 PM   #1113
RealDeal
High School Varsity

Vote Jail Lathum

Vote No Execute

I want to wait before deciding what to do with King.
RealDeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 07:17 PM   #1114
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
Finding assassins is not unreachable. We found one already, and we'll find others. Our big problem is that people have been trying to vouch for their faction members after that member has already gone to jail. That gives us a one day delay.

Yep - vouch early, not late.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 07:33 PM   #1115
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

im goina stick my neck out and vouch for KingFC. i have a very strong feeling hes a noble
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 07:34 PM   #1116
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

dola

ive never done that before, it might get me killled
Old 10-01-2006, 07:49 PM   #1117
Fouts
College Starter

15 people left, and I have 11 in factions. The four (Lathum, Grey, WVU, NTN) are still hanging out there, and I can't place more than 3 in any one faction.
Old 10-01-2006, 07:50 PM   #1118
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I think by executing king we are going to gain information if nothing else. I'm not sure where the jail votes are coming from for me, I haven't seen anyone give a good reason for voting for me. I would like someone to explain to me how a non execution is a good idea
Old 10-01-2006, 07:51 PM   #1119
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
I think by executing king we are going to gain information if nothing else. I'm not sure where the jail votes are coming from for me, I haven't seen anyone give a good reason for voting for me. I would like someone to explain to me how a non execution is a good idea

1) Can't place you in a faction.

2) bullet basically vouched for king.
Old 10-01-2006, 07:52 PM   #1120
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
15 people left, and I have 11 in factions. The four (Lathum, Grey, WVU, NTN) are still hanging out there, and I can't place more than 3 in any one faction.

have you considered the strong possibility that at least 2 of the assasins have probably "vouched" for each other.
Old 10-01-2006, 07:57 PM   #1121
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:

Has anybody vouched for you? I remember hoops saying he thought you were a noble, but I am not sure why.

knives out
Old 10-01-2006, 08:02 PM   #1122
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Has anybody vouched for you? I remember hoops saying he thought you were a noble, but I am not sure why.

Yeah, I wonder why?
Old 10-01-2006, 08:04 PM   #1123
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Per message 1072, We know there is no Sly Assasin, Cronin.

I don't know who iwant to jail yet, so iwill probably put up a name tomorrow.
But bullets psuedo-vouching for king is enough to stay my hand for the moment.

Vote No Execution
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 08:06 PM   #1124
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
have you considered the strong possibility that at least 2 of the assasins have probably "vouched" for each other.

Yes, it is very possible. Once we connect everyone to a faction, we start breaking down the factions to find the "assassin" faction.
Old 10-01-2006, 08:07 PM   #1125
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

were gonna get nowhere in this game
Old 10-01-2006, 08:09 PM   #1126
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Yes, it is very possible. Once we connect everyone to a faction, we start breaking down the factions to find the "assassin" faction.

yeah but the problem with that is we can't do that until we gain more info from an execution.
Old 10-01-2006, 08:12 PM   #1127
st.cronin
General Manager

Ah, I mixed up the sly and the clever.

knives out
Old 10-01-2006, 08:16 PM   #1128
st.cronin
General Manager

Ok, hang on - there is a clever assasin. He (she) could have planted evidence on Qwik. We also know that probably 1 noble has been converted. That leaves 1 night where nothing happened - Qwik (or possibly somebody else) may have been framed that night. Or there may have been a bodyguard block.

knives out
Old 10-01-2006, 08:28 PM   #1129
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Ok, hang on - there is a clever assasin. He (she) could have planted evidence on Qwik. We also know that probably 1 noble has been converted. That leaves 1 night where nothing happened - Qwik (or possibly somebody else) may have been framed that night. Or there may have been a bodyguard block.

It is possible that the clever assasin planted the evidence on night 2. In order for that to have happened, the assassins would have to give up a night kill, and hope that nobody in his faction vouched for him. Kind of risky.
Old 10-01-2006, 08:35 PM   #1130
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
im goina stick my neck out and vouch for KingFC. i have a very strong feeling hes a noble

I'd like to know more about this strong feeling

Old 10-01-2006, 08:44 PM   #1131
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
It is possible that the clever assasin planted the evidence on night 2. In order for that to have happened, the assassins would have to give up a night kill, and hope that nobody in his faction vouched for him. Kind of risky.

How is this possible Fouts? Qwik was in jail on night 2. Maybe iam taking jail's protection a bit to far, but if anyone in jail cannot be touched by assassins, how could the clever assassin get to Qwik. I think Qwik was an assassin by that point. (if he wasn't already.)
Old 10-01-2006, 08:46 PM   #1132
st.cronin
General Manager

So, if night 2 wasn't a conversion, and wasn't a "clever" move, then it was most likely a bodyguard block. I don't believe anybody has hinted that they are a bodyguard.

Also the efficient assasin - why have we not seen a night with 2 kills? I think it's possible our warrior is doing a very good job.

knives out
Old 10-01-2006, 08:50 PM   #1133
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
I'd like to know more about this strong feeling

umm let me just say hes reacted well to faction message. unless hes converted
Old 10-01-2006, 08:51 PM   #1134
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
How is this possible Fouts? Qwik was in jail on night 2. Maybe iam taking jail's protection a bit to far, but if anyone in jail cannot be touched by assassins, how could the clever assassin get to Qwik. I think Qwik was an assassin by that point. (if he wasn't already.)

I thought the evidence would be planted in his room, so we would later discover he was an assassin. I don't know for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
Also the efficient assasin - why have we not seen a night with 2 kills? I think it's possible our warrior is doing a very good job.

Didn't blade and hoops die the same night?
Old 10-01-2006, 08:53 PM   #1135
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
umm let me just say hes reacted well to faction message. unless hes converted

Thank you, that was what I wanted.

Folks, I belive that King is an assassin who has tapped the messages of BS's guild. Most of us have realized that the guild size is three per guild. BS's guild has him and BrianD guaranteed. I believe that if you investigate, you will find that the other person is NOT King. If he has been responding well to messages recently, then I believe he has tapped the guild messages.

Vote Execute King

Old 10-01-2006, 08:58 PM   #1136
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
I thought the evidence would be planted in his room, so we would later discover he was an assassin. I don't know for sure.

Didn't blade and hoops die the same night?

That's right, I forgot. There was some speculation that one of them was a delayed kill, via Qwik's spitting.

So

Night 1 - conversion
Night 2 - ??
Night 3 - 2 kills, hoopsguy and Blade
Night 4 - Mr. Wednesday

Hoopsguy and Blade always make sense as targets, but what made them target Mr. W?

knives out
Old 10-01-2006, 08:59 PM   #1137
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
were gonna get nowhere in this game

No, we may have King, because there is no way he is in BS/BrianD's faction, which leads me to believe that he's trying to ingratiate himself with BrianD/BS's faction. Intercepted message.

Old 10-01-2006, 09:00 PM   #1138
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Folks, I belive that King is an assassin who has tapped the messages of BS's guild. Most of us have realized that the guild size is three per guild. BS's guild has him and BrianD guaranteed. I believe that if you investigate, you will find that the other person is NOT King. If he has been responding well to messages recently, then I believe he has tapped the guild messages.

While I haven't found a fourth member of my faction, how do you explain the numbers? BK showed 5 factions. If there are 3 per faction (15 total), that leaves 4 people unaccounted for.
Old 10-01-2006, 09:00 PM   #1139
Fouts
College Starter

And BK said the assasins were represented in the 5 factions.
Old 10-01-2006, 09:01 PM   #1140
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
While I haven't found a fourth member of my faction, how do you explain the numbers? BK showed 5 factions. If there are 3 per faction (15 total), that leaves 4 people unaccounted for.

Nor have I. Has anyone?

Old 10-01-2006, 09:02 PM   #1141
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

But if you want proof, ask BrianD who we know is in league with BS. BrianD?

-Anxiety

Old 10-01-2006, 09:02 PM   #1142
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Hoopsguy and Blade always make sense as targets, but what made them target Mr. W?

I do not endorse this statement.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 09:03 PM   #1143
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Thank you, that was what I wanted.

Vote Execute King

Actually, I thought it was pretty much agreed that factions started with 4 people.
Old 10-01-2006, 09:03 PM   #1144
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

we know also there is an efficient assassin, so I think that may be what happened in regard to hoops and Blade. It still could have been a delayed assassination as we don't know if the tricky assassin is in this game or not.
There is another possibility in regards to the unknown night. they could have tried a jail break as well, and been thwarted. Would we have know if that had happened I don't know.
Old 10-01-2006, 09:05 PM   #1145
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Nor have I. Has anyone?

I have Anxiety. I have reason to believe that not all of my faction members have found me yet, but ido know who they are.
Old 10-01-2006, 09:07 PM   #1146
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:

We already know Brian vouched for BS. Unless you are talking about a 3rd member. I think it depends on which day King started responding to faction messages.
Old 10-01-2006, 09:08 PM   #1147
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
I have Anxiety. I have reason to believe that not all of my faction members have found me yet, but ido know who they are.

Interesting. I'm trying to understand how this would work.
Old 10-01-2006, 09:08 PM   #1148
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

-Anxiety

I'm pretty sure King is one of the four in my faction. I didn't realize it right away, but hearing everyone talk about 4 faction members combined with the fact that I could reconcile the points for my faction led me to look back at the whole game. He fits with the posts and with the points.
Old 10-01-2006, 09:13 PM   #1149
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
I'm pretty sure King is one of the four in my faction. I didn't realize it right away, but hearing everyone talk about 4 faction members combined with the fact that I could reconcile the points for my faction led me to look back at the whole game. He fits with the posts and with the points.

I want you to do something for me. Check King's Day One and Two posts and teel me if you see one signal from him that says "in BrianD/BS's guild." Just look for one message, that's all, and I will LEAD the vote away from him. I just reviewed, and what I believe is our guild signal he never uses, so just prove me wrong and I'm off him.

Old 10-01-2006, 09:13 PM   #1150
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

OK, so I am thinking about voting for 2 people. I realize I put myself out there early when it wasn't necessary but I gained alot of information by doing it.

1. Fouts jumped all over me right after my vote and said he had a "feeling". It seems he may have been waiting for a chance to jump all over someone and cast suspicioun on them.

2. NTNdeacon suddenly comes out of the woodwork once his name starts to come up which tells me his laying low strategy is starting to backfire.