Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-03-2008, 10:18 AM   #1101
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaGoth View Post
He may know the system and the players, but that doesn't qualify him to be the head coach. I heard a radio interview with one of the head boosters and he was p-i-s-s-e-d off about this. Not a good move for WVU.

Yet again, that was Mr Kendrick (the guy who initially blamed the AD for RR leaving) who is too busy giving Rich Rodriguez his happy ending to really know what the hell is going on with WVU. I certainly wouldn't consider him a head booster, he's donated a lot of money since Rich Rodriguez arrived at WVU, but rarely is in Morgantown and without RR to tell him what is going on with the program he's going to be completely in the dark unless he decides to actually become involved with more than his money.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 10:23 AM   #1102
timmynausea
College Starter

I think WVU made this hire because they couldn't agree on any of the other candidates. The Governor tried to step in and help land a big name (Jimbo Fisher and then Saban), but when he couldn't it came back down to one group backing Doc Holliday, one group backing Terry Bowden and Butch Jones serving as a compromise. In a lot of ways Stewart just makes more sense than those guys for the short term. He gives us the best chance to keep a little more of the current staff together and keep our momentum going.

Somehow I just can't imagine him being around very long. I'm not saying he won't be successful. I just can't picture him still being the Coach in 5 years.
timmynausea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 11:21 AM   #1103
Swaggs
Coordinator

I'm in a wait-and-see mode on this one. His age (56) and the fact that he is reportedly so player friendly are my biggest concerns. He can definitely recruit well, has head coaching experience, and is experienced enough to have a ton of connections to help build a good coaching staff. I'm just worried that he may be so player friendly that, even though it worked well for the Fiesta Bowl preparations, he will eventually lose the team.

Winning the Fiesta Bowl made it into a pretty difficult situation. If they hire someone else and keep Coach Stew on the staff, he would be a huge presence for the players to go to if they didn't like the way the new coach was handling things. If a new coach fires him, he becomes a grinch.

I'm not crazy about the hire for the long-term. I don't see him taking us to "new levels," but maybe he can sustain it for a few years and we can get a good, young "coach-in-waiting" to come in like Fisher at FSU or Bieliema at Wisconsin.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 12:31 PM   #1104
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmynausea View Post
I think WVU made this hire because they couldn't agree on any of the other candidates. The Governor tried to step in and help land a big name (Jimbo Fisher and then Saban), but when he couldn't it came back down to one group backing Doc Holliday, one group backing Terry Bowden and Butch Jones serving as a compromise. In a lot of ways Stewart just makes more sense than those guys for the short term. He gives us the best chance to keep a little more of the current staff together and keep our momentum going.

Somehow I just can't imagine him being around very long. I'm not saying he won't be successful. I just can't picture him still being the Coach in 5 years.

I agree that Stewart has some cred right now, but I'd prefer someone who is winning in five or ten yeras and keeping WVU up, not someone who wins with teh curent crop of talent and then lets up.

-Abe

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 12:35 PM   #1105
MrBug708
Head Coach

Rich Rodriguez's tenure as the head football coach at the University of Michigan is only in its second day, but he may have already lost one of the Wolverines.

There is speculation out of Ann Arbor that freshman quarterback Ryan Mallett has decided to leave Michigan and will transfer to UCLA, according to a person close to the team.

Mallett told The Blade on Dec. 26 during the team's preparations for the Capital One Bowl in Orlando that he wanted to remain a Wolverine next season.

Retired Michigan coach Lloyd Carr said Wednesday he was aware of Mallett's decision but would leave it up to him to make the announcement.

"What I hope is Ryan Mallett stays at Michigan," Carr said Wednesday before boarding a team bus at Orlando's Peabody Hotel. "Because I think potentially he can be one of the great quarterbacks that's come along. He's matured dramatically in the last two or three months."

In a fill-in role for oft-injured quarterback Chad Henne, Mallett started three games this season for the Wolverines and appeared in eight others, throwing for 892 yards with seven touchdowns and five interceptions. He was 3-0 in his starts against Notre Dame, Penn State and Minnesota.

Messages left seeking comment from the Michigan athletic department have not yet been returned.
---------------------------------

Most people think that Michigan's QB coach will end up at UCLA
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 01:34 PM   #1106
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

UCLA? Well thats a shocker.
Old 01-03-2008, 01:39 PM   #1107
Butter
Coordinator

Didn't take long for Neuheisel to get his hands dirty.
Old 01-03-2008, 01:41 PM   #1108
Atocep
Coordinator

Well, I understand MJFH's frustrations with ESPN over the Arkansas coaching situation a lot better now. Seeing them present Kendrick's views as unbiased and representing WVU boosters is either lazy reporting or just simply ESPN trying to get attention. Also seeing college football experts Greg Anthony and Skip Bayless question Bill Stewart because they don't think he can recruit the "modern athlete" really shows how much research they do before discussing a topic.

I have no problem with them questioning the hire, I did so myself, but if they're going to send people out to discuss it at least make sure they're somewhat informed. Probably asking too much of ESPN nowadays, though.
Old 01-03-2008, 01:50 PM   #1109
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

At ESPN I only read and listen to what a few people say about college football. Kirk Herbstreit, Chris Fowler, and Bruce Feldman.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 01:56 PM   #1110
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69 View Post
Didn't take long for Neuheisel to get his hands dirty.
I'm not a Neuheisel defender in general, but why does this imply his hands are dirty? It's been widely speculated by many in the press that Mallett wouldn't fit RRod's offense, and the Neuheisel hire has gotten a ton of media attention - you think it's unlikely that Mallett called UCLA/Neuheisel to talk about transferring?
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 01:57 PM   #1111
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsak16 View Post
At ESPN I only read and listen to what a few people say about college football. Kirk Herbstreit, Chris Fowler, and Bruce Feldman.
Might want to reconsider what Herbstreit says - he's been wrong on a number of things lately.
Old 01-03-2008, 01:58 PM   #1112
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Please don't use the words "expert" and "Skip Bayless" in the same sentence, k? Thx.

So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 02:00 PM   #1113
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
Rich Rodriguez's tenure as the head football coach at the University of Michigan is only in its second day, but he may have already lost one of the Wolverines.

There is speculation out of Ann Arbor that freshman quarterback Ryan Mallett has decided to leave Michigan and will transfer to UCLA, according to a person close to the team.

Mallett told The Blade on Dec. 26 during the team's preparations for the Capital One Bowl in Orlando that he wanted to remain a Wolverine next season.

Retired Michigan coach Lloyd Carr said Wednesday he was aware of Mallett's decision but would leave it up to him to make the announcement.

"What I hope is Ryan Mallett stays at Michigan," Carr said Wednesday before boarding a team bus at Orlando's Peabody Hotel. "Because I think potentially he can be one of the great quarterbacks that's come along. He's matured dramatically in the last two or three months."

In a fill-in role for oft-injured quarterback Chad Henne, Mallett started three games this season for the Wolverines and appeared in eight others, throwing for 892 yards with seven touchdowns and five interceptions. He was 3-0 in his starts against Notre Dame, Penn State and Minnesota.

Messages left seeking comment from the Michigan athletic department have not yet been returned.

A lot folks thought this might happen. Hopefully this will seal the deal on my boy Tyrelle Pryor making the best and most important decision in his life.

Come on, Tyrelle be like Indiana Jones and choose wisely...
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 02:03 PM   #1114
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan View Post
Might want to reconsider what Herbstreit says - he's been wrong on a number of things lately.

We are all wrong sometimes, but he is insightful and in my opinion tells it as he sees it. It might not be right, but he doesn't have an agenda.
Old 01-03-2008, 02:05 PM   #1115
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:

I hope you round out your college football intake with more than these three too otherwise you still could fall very short on knowledge or even getting correct information.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 02:08 PM   #1116
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
We are all wrong sometimes, but he is insightful and in my opinion tells it as he sees it. It might not be right, but he doesn't have an agenda.
Fair enough.
Old 01-03-2008, 02:09 PM   #1117
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm not a Neuheisel defender in general, but why does this imply his hands are dirty? It's been widely speculated by many in the press that Mallett wouldn't fit RRod's offense, and the Neuheisel hire has gotten a ton of media attention - you think it's unlikely that Mallett called UCLA/Neuheisel to talk about transferring?

Hands dirty = exerting effort, right? I don't know why you would leap to the assumption that I meant he is a dirty coach, when all I said was he's getting his hands dirty right away????

Old 01-03-2008, 02:09 PM   #1118
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
I hope you round out your college football intake with more than these three too otherwise you still could fall very short on knowledge or even getting correct information.

I was just referring to ESPN.
Old 01-03-2008, 02:10 PM   #1119
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
Please don't use the words "expert" and "Skip Bayless" in the same sentence, k? Thx.

Expert should have been in quotes. I tried to use every bit of sarcasm I could possibly muster in that sentence.
Old 01-03-2008, 02:34 PM   #1120
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69 View Post
Hands dirty = exerting effort, right? I don't know why you would leap to the assumption that I meant he is a dirty coach, when all I said was he's getting his hands dirty right away????

Well he'd actually be dirty if he exerted effort right? Mallett, being a Michigan player, would have to initiate contact wouldn't he?

Neuheisel's biggest move by far so far is retaining DeWayne Walker and the DL and LB coaches, which will mean he should retain nearly all of their current recruiting class.
Old 01-03-2008, 05:20 PM   #1121
Rich1033
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post

As was said before, about the only chance of Mallet going to UCLA is if Loeffler goes there. If Loeffler stays at UM, Mallet probably stays. If Loeffler leaves, Mallet will most likely head home or follow him.

Everyone will know what is happening with Loeffler tomorrow. Mallet, we should know by monday at the latest. Rich Rodriguez will be back in Ann Arbor friday and will finish his staff and talk with each player individually. If doesnt mean much, but Mallet's father says he will stay through the spring before he makes his decision.
Rich1033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 05:32 PM   #1122
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Mallett has talent but if you believe what you hear and read, his teammates detest him. One player went as far as to say they didn't play as hard when he was in because they couldn't stand him. It's an embarrassment a kid would do that, but it must be bad if a kid will sandbag it because of his hatred for a kid.

I'm indifferent to this whole thing.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 05:52 PM   #1123
Rich1033
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Mallett has talent but if you believe what you hear and read, his teammates detest him. One player went as far as to say they didn't play as hard when he was in because they couldn't stand him. It's an embarrassment a kid would do that, but it must be bad if a kid will sandbag it because of his hatred for a kid.

I'm indifferent to this whole thing.

Yeah, Mallet isnt very popular with his teammates. He came in insanely cocky and had several issues. He rubbed a lot of the older players the wrong way and even some of the regular kids in his classes. However, it has been said that he matured over the last two months. I would like to see him stay and work things out, but in the big picture im with you DeTox. There is no point in making any judgements until next year when RR actually has put a team on the field.
Rich1033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 05:59 PM   #1124
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich1033 View Post
Yeah, Mallet isnt very popular with his teammates. He came in insanely cocky and had several issues. He rubbed a lot of the older players the wrong way and even some of the regular kids in his classes. However, it has been said that he matured over the last two months. I would like to see him stay and work things out, but in the big picture im with you DeTox. There is no point in making any judgements until next year when RR actually has put a team on the field.

Yup. Regardless of who is QB, 9 wins next year is a huge feather in RichRod's cap. We will lose our 7 best offensive players most likely (Henne, Hart, Long, Manningham, Arrington, Kraus and Mitchell) and add in a new system, it'll be interesting.

The D has a shot to be vicious next year though.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:19 PM   #1125
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
I'm not crazy about the hire for the long-term. I don't see him taking us to "new levels," but maybe he can sustain it for a few years and we can get a good, young "coach-in-waiting" to come in like Fisher at FSU or Bieliema at Wisconsin.

This seems to be what the thinking was. Coach Stewart seems to have been strongly considered from the start and is seen as the guy that can bring stability for a a few seasons while they groom another coach or look for one to bring in at some point in the future.

I don't think they were impressed by what was available out there and considering Stewart would be able to keep just about every assistant that was at the game last night and also keep the recruiting class together he made the most sense. The AD is also willing to pay top dollar to retain assistants and bring in new ones with the extra money from Rich Rodriguez leaving. That should be a big help.

I expected to hate this hire the more time I had to think about it, but its been the opposite so far. I'm optimistic that about Stewart's ability to recruit and if he can keep most of the staff and bring in a couple good assistants WVU football should be in good shape for the next few years. I think Stewart's coaching ability is underestimated because he isn't a national name, but the guy knows offense and can recruit. I'm excited to see how the staff rounds out and the team shapes up for next year.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:47 PM   #1126
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
This seems to be what the thinking was. Coach Stewart seems to have been strongly considered from the start and is seen as the guy that can bring stability for a a few seasons while they groom another coach or look for one to bring in at some point in the future.

I don't think they were impressed by what was available out there and considering Stewart would be able to keep just about every assistant that was at the game last night and also keep the recruiting class together he made the most sense. The AD is also willing to pay top dollar to retain assistants and bring in new ones with the extra money from Rich Rodriguez leaving. That should be a big help.

I expected to hate this hire the more time I had to think about it, but its been the opposite so far. I'm optimistic that about Stewart's ability to recruit and if he can keep most of the staff and bring in a couple good assistants WVU football should be in good shape for the next few years. I think Stewart's coaching ability is underestimated because he isn't a national name, but the guy knows offense and can recruit. I'm excited to see how the staff rounds out and the team shapes up for next year.

I'll feel much better if we are able to retain either or both of our coordinators. I'm pretty doubtful that Magee will stay, although Stewart may give him the playcalling freedom that Rodriguez never would and he has school-aged children that he may not want to move, so that could be a factor. I think Casteel is a little more likely to stay, as I have heard that he and Rodriguez have had some conflicts in the past.
Old 01-03-2008, 09:02 PM   #1127
timmynausea
College Starter

Quote:
I think Casteel is a little more likely to stay, as I have heard that he and Rodriguez have had some conflicts in the past.

It was pretty widely known that Rich planned to replace Casteel after the '06 season, but ended up hanging on to him because of the Trickett and Jones defections. I'd love to keep one or two of the Magee, Casteel or Barwis trio. Even if Magee bolts, though, I think Rod Smith would be fine as an OC, and he is expected to stay.
Old 01-03-2008, 09:11 PM   #1128
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I was under the impression Magee was already on RR's staff since he was at the presser and what not. Barwis everyone says is in but who knows. I think now a couple more UM coaches stay (Campbell WR or TE and Stripling DL), I wish Loeffler would stay too but I doubt it.

Should be interesting about DC. Everyone wants Tenuta but sounds like he'll be at LSU.
Old 01-03-2008, 09:28 PM   #1129
Swaggs
Coordinator

The news I am hearing is that Barwis will stay. He and his wife are both WVU grads (not that it makes that big of a difference, apparently).

I think Magee was hanging around to see if he could get into the HC picture. I think he has a better shot at a HC job if he stays at WVU and establishes himself as a legitmate OC, because if he stays with Rodriguez, he will never be the playcaller. He is a great recruiter and a very good coach.

If we can keep Barwis and Casteel, we will be in great shape. Magee is the better coach and better recruiter, but Stewart is more familiar with the offense than defense and I think Rod Smith (current QB coach and former USF OC) could capably fill-in for Magee, whereas we don't have a similar fill-in for DC on staff, in my opinion.
Old 01-03-2008, 09:52 PM   #1130
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
The news I am hearing is that Barwis will stay. He and his wife are both WVU grads (not that it makes that big of a difference, apparently).

I think Magee was hanging around to see if he could get into the HC picture. I think he has a better shot at a HC job if he stays at WVU and establishes himself as a legitmate OC, because if he stays with Rodriguez, he will never be the playcaller. He is a great recruiter and a very good coach.

If we can keep Barwis and Casteel, we will be in great shape. Magee is the better coach and better recruiter, but Stewart is more familiar with the offense than defense and I think Rod Smith (current QB coach and former USF OC) could capably fill-in for Magee, whereas we don't have a similar fill-in for DC on staff, in my opinion.

Sounds interesting. My hope is we can find a way to score Tenuta. Like I said, I doubt it happens but it'd be best case scenario.
Old 01-03-2008, 10:26 PM   #1131
Atocep
Coordinator

Josh Jenkins (4-star OL) put WVU back on his short list after the Stewart hire.
Old 01-03-2008, 11:58 PM   #1132
IMetTrentGreen
College Prospect

Rumor from a really good source has Will Muschamp accepting the Texas DC job. Walker declined to stay on the west coast.

Our last DC from Auburn didn't work out so hot, so we'll see about this one (if true). He has the resume.

Last edited by IMetTrentGreen : 01-03-2008 at 11:58 PM.
IMetTrentGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 01:06 AM   #1133
timmynausea
College Starter

The Pittsburgh Post Gazette has Magee, OL Coach Greg Frey and Barwis (and his staff) headed to Michigan. Casteel, Rod Smith and Bruce Tall are on the fence.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08004/846651-144.stm
Old 01-04-2008, 05:32 PM   #1134
timmynausea
College Starter

OC Magee, OL coach Frey, and QB coach Smith are confirmed to be headed for U of M. ESPN is now reporting that S coach Tall and Strength and Conditioning coach Barwis are also headed north, but the WVU people still think they have a chance to hang on to those two for now. Casteel is now officially staying at WVU as the DC.
Old 01-04-2008, 05:51 PM   #1135
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...536471029.html

June Jones is flying to Dallas tomorrow to meet with SMU officials.

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 06:07 PM   #1136
JeeberD
General Manager

Sorry, Taz. The feeling sucks, huh?

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 06:36 PM   #1137
IMetTrentGreen
College Prospect

Muschamp is official. He wants to bring in Ogeron, too . . . and God only knows how he and Mack would get along.
IMetTrentGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 06:53 PM   #1138
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMetTrentGreen View Post
Muschamp is official. He wants to bring in Ogeron, too . . . and God only knows how he and Mack would get along.
Hard to believe Orgeron wouldn't have some DC offers elsewhere, so unless Muschamp and Brown are going to give him "co-Defensive Coordinator" status and pay, I have my doubts he'll end up at Texas.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:05 PM   #1139
timmynausea
College Starter

Barwis is headed to Michigan as well. Coach Stew got our foot back in the door with a lot of the WVU assistants, but it looks like we'll keep very few in the end.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:14 PM   #1140
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Hard to believe Orgeron wouldn't have some DC offers elsewhere, so unless Muschamp and Brown are going to give him "co-Defensive Coordinator" status and pay, I have my doubts he'll end up at Texas.

Funny you should bring this up, I'd have thought Orgeron to UW makes so much sense I'm amazed it hasn't been rumored yet.

If Eddie-O does take a position that isn't a DC position, I hope USC would have the inside track on getting him back.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 07:58 PM   #1141
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Funny you should bring this up, I'd have thought Orgeron to UW makes so much sense I'm amazed it hasn't been rumored yet.

If Eddie-O does take a position that isn't a DC position, I hope USC would have the inside track on getting him back.
I wasn't getting my hopes up about it because I'd figured he'd have better options. But yeah, if the UW was going to offer DeWayne Walker a 2-year deal at good pay, why not throw a similar offer at Orgeron?
Old 01-04-2008, 08:04 PM   #1142
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD View Post
Sorry, Taz. The feeling sucks, huh?

Repeated kicks to the groin.

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 01-04-2008, 10:03 PM   #1143
Celeval
Pro Starter

I'm still fully expecting Tenuta to be announced at LSU after the bowl game.
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 10:29 PM   #1144
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmynausea View Post
Barwis is headed to Michigan as well. Coach Stew got our foot back in the door with a lot of the WVU assistants, but it looks like we'll keep very few in the end.

Feel bad for WVU. Casteel staying is good for them and probably good for Michigan as I was hoping they'd make a big play for a guy like Tenuta or Ed O even if it seems unlikely.
Old 01-04-2008, 11:42 PM   #1145
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Feel bad for WVU. Casteel staying is good for them and probably good for Michigan as I was hoping they'd make a big play for a guy like Tenuta or Ed O even if it seems unlikely.

I wouldn't feel bad, those were Rich's guys. The fact that any of them stayed and others considered says a lot about Coach Stewart. Although I really don't see how Magee could see Michigan as a better situation for himself, at the same time I can understand why he went.

Seems like ESPN is enjoying picking on WVU a little bit right now. With the misguided info they gave on Stewart being hired and now the way they're reporting the assistants going to Michigan. Its almost unheard of for a coach to get hired at a new job and not take his assistants with him.
Old 01-04-2008, 11:45 PM   #1146
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
I wouldn't feel bad, those were Rich's guys. The fact that any of them stayed and others considered says a lot about Coach Stewart. Although I really don't see how Magee could see Michigan as a better situation for himself, at the same time I can understand why he went.

Seems like ESPN is enjoying picking on WVU a little bit right now. With the misguided info they gave on Stewart being hired and now the way they're reporting the assistants going to Michigan. Its almost unheard of for a coach to get hired at a new job and not take his assistants with him.

ESPN is awful with college football coverage. Michigan fans know, and WVU are beginning to really know it. It's a shame.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:29 AM   #1147
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

SMU has scheduled a press conference for Monday.

UH offered $1.1 million.

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 01-05-2008, 09:09 PM   #1148
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...654291370.html

June Jones resigns as head coach.

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 01-06-2008, 01:31 AM   #1149
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

ESPN reports $2M/year....WOW
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 01:38 AM   #1150
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Taz, everything i've read says June wanted Hawaii to commit more money to the program/facilities etc.. and instead they offered him more money, but still not as much as pat hill makes.

That seems rather insulting to me, i'm sorry for your loss..
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote