Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-10-2007, 09:22 PM   #1151
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
DT: I'm by no means ready to condemn you yet. I'd like to see how this night plays out, but it's seemed to me that the evidence against you isn't great. Perhaps I'm the one missing something, but it surprises me that there is so much anti-you sentiment out there at the moment.

thanky barkeep.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 09:27 PM   #1152
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

After the bewildering events of last night's game, in which the team caught its first wolf and did not see one of its own leave the team, there was a lot of room for confusion.

One player wanted to be sure there was none, though. It was Gonzo who came to the team right from the start and pointed the finger at hoopsguy.

"I have been doing some night time investigating from the start, and last night, hoopsguy came out unequivocally as a wolf," Gonzo said.

Hoopsguy aka Pedro Cerrano and the hero of the team's only two victories thus far, was shocked at the accusation. Surprisingly, few others were and the votes immediately started to pile on. hoopsguy argued for his innocence, pointing out the inconsistencies in Gonzo's stories and actions and how he himself had done so much to help the team. How could he be on the take with the owner?

His pleas fell on deaf ears. By the end of the day, he was fuming and never let go of his bat. No one would come near him. Finally, it was time. Lou Brown--from the other side of the dugout with the rest of the team--called out to hoopsguy.

"Sorry, Pedro," he drawled. "But you're sitting now."

That's when Tanaka spoke up and said some jibberish. After some charades, the team figured out he was wondering where Pedro's Jobu was. Tanaka had noticed it had disappeared from Cerrano's locker.

Pedro broke down, hanging his big bald head.

"She took it," he choked out. "She took my Jobu."

He looked at the players with pleading in his eyes.

"I would never turn on my back on you all, my teammates," he said. "But she has my Jobu and there was nothing I could do."

The players watched in sad silence as he got up and slowly walked out of the clubhouse.

hoopsguy was a wolf, and was at one point, The Scout.

Congratulations on your second wolf.

NIGHT ACTIONS COMING.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 09:30 PM   #1153
Gonzo
Mascot

Now let's see if I can survive the night.
Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 09:33 PM   #1154
st.cronin
General Manager

I can't believe hoops has NEVER been lynched as a villager. That's absolutely ridiculous.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 09:35 PM   #1155
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
I can't believe hoops has NEVER been lynched as a villager. That's absolutely ridiculous.
Why would he? He's very consistent, meaning he doesn't draw suspicion that way, people know he's a valuable villager, so they give him the benefit of the doubt, and he's a master of persuasion as was proven even today when he had a seer reveal against him.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 09:35 PM   #1156
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post

I just hope that my fellow villagers will give that appropriate consideration when I actually am a villager. It didn't seem to hold much sway in this game

Good game, all. Talk to you in the post-game.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 09:37 PM   #1157
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Why would he? He's very consistent, meaning he doesn't draw suspicion that way, people know he's a valuable villager, so they give him the benefit of the doubt, and he's a master of persuasion as was proven even today when he had a seer reveal against him.

All of those things are true of other players as well, who I am sure have been lynched as villagers - including Barkeep49, for example.

knives out
Old 08-10-2007, 09:46 PM   #1158
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I don't think there as true, frankly.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:52 PM   #1159
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Spirits are high as you run out to the field, knowing you have found two wolves in two days. But your lineup takes a mighty hit without its big bat. Can you beat the Twins tonight, coming into town for a three game series?

It's another tightly pitched ballgame. The Twins have Santana on the mound, and he's really on his game. It's just, 1-1, going into the seventh inning when Willie Mays Hayes steps to the plate. The speedster was relatively quiet in the Baltimore series, but new day, new hero. Putting his assets to their best use, Hayes drops a perfect bun down the line and beats out the throw to first by a couple steps.

After drawing several throws from Santana, Hayes breaks for second on a pitchout. He should be a goner! But nothing is easy when it comes to stopping Hayes on the basepaths. He extends his hand and touches second before the tag hits him.

He is quick to move over to third on a right side ground ball, and now the go ahead run is just 90 feet away. And ole Lou Brown has an idea from his National League days. He makes the call and Hayes nods, as does Tomlinson at the plate.

Santana starts his windup...and Hayes breaks for the plate! It's a great jump! Tomlinson squares on the pitch--it's a squeeze play! But something is wrong. Santana's pitch busts Tomlinson inside, and he misses it. Is Hayes dead to rights?

Anyone else would have been. Not this guy. The pitch carries the catcher to the far side of the plate, so Hayes slides wide to the near corner, foot sweeping toward the plate. The toe of his cleat brushes the plate an instant before the catcher's sweeping tag. SAFE! 2-1 Indians!

And that's how it would end! Hayes was the star today and put the Indians up half a game. The Yankees would beat the Bluejays later that night to tie it up again, though.

It's only after the game that one of you notices Ken Parkhurst isn't around. You find a note in his now empty locker. It reads:

"I'm not a nobody! I don't care who you guys are. Just because I'm not star in a movie doesn't mean I'm not a damn good ballplayer. So you can all kiss my ass!"

Signed, "Anonymous Ballplayer"

"Hmm," Lou Brown says, "only reason I didn't look for him tonight was we didn't need a pinch hitter. Go figure."

One more villager, Barkeep49, is now out of the game. He did not have a role. He may have not been an important piece of the team on field, but he will be missed in the clubhouse.

DAY FIVE HAS NOW BEGUN. EXTENDED DEADLINE OVER WEEKEND. THE END OF DAY FIVE WILL BE 3 P.M. EST/12 P.M. PDT SUNDAY AFTERNOON.

GOOD LUCK, EVERYONE, AND HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND.

P.S. Posting about night time PMs may now commence.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:55 PM   #1160
Gonzo
Mascot

Scanned Jonothan Ezarik. Good, no role.

So today, we should take care of DaddyTorgo.

VOTE DADDYTORGO
Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 09:58 PM   #1161
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

well that actualy worked out well.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 09:59 PM   #1162
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Sigh. I had really hoped you wouldn't have scanned me.
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 10:03 PM   #1163
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

OK, so 7 left.

Gonzo- seer

Lathum, JE, - cleared by seer

That leaves Path, KWhit, DT, PurdueBrad. Of these 4 the BG and Duke exist.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:12 PM   #1164
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

BTW, apologies to Gonzo and Barkeep if I came down harsh. That's a tone thing on the Internet. I'm actually tremendously embarrassed. The tone comes out worse because I write like a lawyer (as noted) when it comes to rules and such. In reality, I am only annoyed at myself for not forseeing what happened and preparing for it.

Of course, that happens to GMs a lot. We try to plan for everything and you gosh darn humans still manage to find the loopholes in our plans, knowingly or unknowingly, and cause the unexpected to happen.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:14 PM   #1165
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
BTW, apologies to Gonzo and Barkeep if I came down harsh. That's a tone thing on the Internet. I'm actually tremendously embarrassed. The tone comes out worse because I write like a lawyer (as noted) when it comes to rules and such. In reality, I am only annoyed at myself for not forseeing what happened and preparing for it.

Of course, that happens to GMs a lot. We try to plan for everything and you gosh darn humans still manage to find the loopholes in our plans, knowingly or unknowingly, and cause the unexpected to happen.
Understood . It was a fun game Chief.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:39 PM   #1166
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
It was a fun game Chief.

+1
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 10:51 PM   #1167
st.cronin
General Manager

Chief, from the sidelines I thought you handled it just right.

knives out
Old 08-10-2007, 10:54 PM   #1168
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

dammit. Lost my long post.

okay: why would i if I was a wolf lynch someone who thought I was a villager?? makes no sense.

let's break this down:

gonzo: seer
lathum/je: good
dt: good (humor me here)

path/kwhit/brad: 2/3 wolves?

where are the bodyguard and duke? I know i'm not either. so one of path/kwhit/brad has a role and is good and the other 2 are wolves, and lathum/je have roles and maybe gonzo doesn't get role info?

or could we have an evil duke?
Old 08-10-2007, 10:57 PM   #1169
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

or of path/kwhit/brad 2 can have roles and be good and we could be down to 1 last wolf I suppose?
Old 08-10-2007, 11:25 PM   #1170
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

We would have to operate under the assumption that you are good DT, which I don't think you are.
Old 08-10-2007, 11:49 PM   #1171
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
DT: I'm by no means ready to condemn you yet. I'd like to see how this night plays out, but it's seemed to me that the evidence against you isn't great. Perhaps I'm the one missing something, but it surprises me that there is so much anti-you sentiment out there at the moment.

I kinda feel the same way. But I'm sure we'll be going back through it over the weekend.
Old 08-10-2007, 11:51 PM   #1172
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I just hope that my fellow villagers will give that appropriate consideration when I actually am a villager. It didn't seem to hold much sway in this game

Good game, all. Talk to you in the post-game.

Man, talk about giving it the old college try. You worked hard today.

*hat tip*
Old 08-10-2007, 11:55 PM   #1173
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
We would have to operate under the assumption that you are good DT, which I don't think you are.

I am though.
Old 08-11-2007, 12:59 AM   #1174
path12
Coordinator

Such an odd move to convert hoops in the middle part of the game. I don't know if that was the best move the wolves could have made, which makes me want to look at those who may not be the most experienced wolves......
Old 08-11-2007, 01:03 AM   #1175
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Such an odd move to convert hoops in the middle part of the game. I don't know if that was the best move the wolves could have made, which makes me want to look at those who may not be the most experienced wolves......

aka...? purdue?
Old 08-11-2007, 01:58 AM   #1176
path12
Coordinator

Maybe. Jack Parkman doesn't think you've been a wolf that often either.
Old 08-11-2007, 02:14 AM   #1177
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Maybe. Jack Parkman doesn't think you've been a wolf that often either.

has jack parkman been hit in the head by too many pitches??

i've been a wolf many many times. so many that if I were the wolf I would have gone for the conversion on someone other than hoops.

i'm a much better wolf than villager, as this game shows, with my horrid villager play.
Old 08-11-2007, 02:38 AM   #1178
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

VOTE PATH12

Path knows I've been a wolf many many times. It's not like he's new and that's a mistake he'd make.
Old 08-11-2007, 08:27 AM   #1179
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I think Hoops is a great candidate and it is a move an expierienced player makes. It is VERY likely hoops would be scanned in the first 2-3 days. As soon as we started talking about the seer reveealing I think the wolves would want to try and convert someone who had been scanned already and Hoops is a good candidate.
Old 08-11-2007, 09:28 AM   #1180
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I think Hoops is a great candidate and it is a move an expierienced player makes. It is VERY likely hoops would be scanned in the first 2-3 days. As soon as we started talking about the seer reveealing I think the wolves would want to try and convert someone who had been scanned already and Hoops is a good candidate.

My thoughts exactly. Well, not exactly, but pretty darn close.
Old 08-11-2007, 09:30 AM   #1181
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Can someone give me a reason to vote for DT? I know he's been drawing a lot of heat for most of the game, but I'm not really sure why. Other than the internet problems the other night and hitching his cause to hoopsguy yesterday, what other signs point to him being a wolf?
Old 08-11-2007, 11:36 AM   #1182
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik View Post
Can someone give me a reason to vote for DT? I know he's been drawing a lot of heat for most of the game, but I'm not really sure why. Other than the internet problems the other night and hitching his cause to hoopsguy yesterday, what other signs point to him being a wolf?

allow me to give you the best reason not to vote for me: i'm a villager
Old 08-11-2007, 11:40 AM   #1183
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

VOTE DADDYTORGO
Old 08-11-2007, 01:56 PM   #1184
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

We're getting close, way to go team!!! AND WE WON ANOTHER GAME!!! As a Red Sox fan, I love trying to beat the Yankees. Anyway, for now I'm voting:

Vote Daddytorgo
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 02:18 PM   #1185
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i'm not a wolf. Stop voting for me villagers. I expect the wolves or potential wolves to vote for me...no big surprise there.
Old 08-11-2007, 02:20 PM   #1186
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

but if you're a cleared villager you shouldn't be voting for me. You should be voting for purdue or path or kwhit.

The wolves are in that bunch

if the BG can shed any light on things, that might be nice? not necessarily reveal just...maybe they saw something one night and have reason to suspect someone...if so if they could make a case for that person without revealing, that'd be great
Old 08-11-2007, 06:30 PM   #1187
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post

if the BG can shed any light on things, that might be nice? not necessarily reveal just...maybe they saw something one night and have reason to suspect someone...if so if they could make a case for that person without revealing, that'd be great

And how exactly would they do that? What a strange request. There's no way the BG should reveal.
Old 08-11-2007, 06:49 PM   #1188
KWhit
Coordinator

Yeah, DT's made a few strange requests. Sounds like he's fishing for information.

VOTE DADDYTORGO
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 07:17 PM   #1189
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i'm fishing for which of you three are the wolves. Trying to help the village before they lynch me.
Old 08-11-2007, 07:19 PM   #1190
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

goddammit...can someone frigging trust me!?!?!?!
Old 08-11-2007, 08:50 PM   #1191
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

lol.
Old 08-11-2007, 08:53 PM   #1192
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
goddammit...can someone frigging trust me!?!?!?!

ummm, no.
Old 08-11-2007, 08:58 PM   #1193
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

well you're all going to lynch another villager then

and you'll be in a position where you HAVE TO get it right for the rest of the game and hope you get BG blocks to win or you've screwed the village
Old 08-11-2007, 09:07 PM   #1194
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

fuckit.

it's obvious i'm not going to be able to talk sense into anyone, so i'm not going to waste anymore time refreshing the thread and trying to talk sense into anyone.

i'd assume you have 2 wolves left, and I havn't done the math but just off the top of my head i'd think that after you lynch me and I show up good you don't have anymore margin for error, and indeed you're going to need to hope for some BG blocks of the night-kills in order to make it out.

gl village. Way to lynch someone you havn't even scanned and have no idea if they're good or not. Has my play really seemed wolfish this game? lathum...you've played with me as a wolf...we've talked wolf-strategy...are any of the plays i've made in this game characteristic of the way I play as a wolf?? they're not. I'm not a damm wolf!
Old 08-12-2007, 12:19 AM   #1195
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

If we have 2 wolves left then I will concied defet
Old 08-12-2007, 12:19 AM   #1196
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

yes i am drunk
Old 08-12-2007, 12:55 AM   #1197
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

you know...if the BG and Duke reveal then the lone remaining wolf (if it is indeed just one) will be forced to do a fake-reveal and challenge them and then we'd be down to just two choices...50/50 shot instead of a 1/4 chance (and that's if you include me as evil, even though i'm not, which would make it 1/3).

Assuming we have 1 wolf (for discussion):

1) If the BG+Duke reveal, we have (to me) a 50% chance of finding the one remaining wolf. (33% chance for the rest of you, if you continue to refuse to assume I'm a villager).

If we have 2 remaining wolves then yeah, we must have a wolf-duke or a wolf in the existing CoT somehow...and that leaves you all at 5-2 and seriously fucked, because a wolf-duke will be able to duke the lynch of a wolf onto a villager and you guys will be done. That's why this is so critical.
Old 08-12-2007, 08:27 AM   #1198
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Like I kind of said last night, I would be shoked if there were 2 wolves left.

I also think any reveal would be countered with a fake reveal and create more chaos.

Our best move is to lynch DaddyTorgo then hope for the best.
Old 08-12-2007, 11:31 AM   #1199
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Like I kind of said last night, I would be shoked if there were 2 wolves left.

I also think any reveal would be countered with a fake reveal and create more chaos.

Our best move is to lynch DaddyTorgo then hope for the best.
yeah but with a fake reveal you are left with a 50/50 shot whereas without one you are still left with a 33% chance, not including possible info from gonzo if he survives.

call me selfish, but with my way I get to live to the end as a villager and win versus getting lynched at the end.

plus, if the wolf kills gonzo or converts again (possible) you guys are in trouble. he kills gonzo and you have a 33% chance. he converts someone in the CoT and you are likely fucked
Old 08-12-2007, 12:33 PM   #1200
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

plus, if the wolf kills gonzo or converts again (possible) you guys are in trouble. he kills gonzo and you have a 33% chance. he converts someone in the CoT and you are likely fucked

lol, 2 conversions in a row in a 14 person game?