Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-01-2011, 07:20 PM   #1151
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
That's a really good point.

I think it could also be that they have the ability to unlock certain actions depending on how they do in the race - either through performing well (not necessarily coming in first), or sabotaging others.

I've been trying to find it and can't, but I remember EF saying something like "There's a game-changing event coming today." I forget which day that was. But I am guessing that was the day the wolves unlocked their ability. Although at first I thought it was someone using their aggressive points on DV.
CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 07:22 PM   #1152
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Not that I disagree with the vote, but no reason why, mckerney?

The biggest reason is that right now I don't think ntn is a wolf, if he were I don't think he would've become a second candidate before the votes went to MartinD. Of all the people with votes on them right now he's the one I'd say is least likely to be a wolf, yet he was still a leader earlier. I agree with Crimson that ntn probably has a couple of wolf votes on him. Zinto fits in having a vote on ntn, and he's the one with the best chance of beating ntn in voting.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 07:24 PM   #1153
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
181 bhl votes Mau 2-2-2-1 Rum/JAG/Mau over Autumn
* 182 MartinD (wolf) post about vote concentration early, usually more spread out *

This was one thing I noted when I read back. Just idle chatter by a wolf posing as villager, or did we have more than one wolf there and he was hoping to encourage more candidates? The fact that he didn't then add another one makes me think it was just chatter, but who knows.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 07:26 PM   #1154
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
I've been trying to find it and can't, but I remember EF saying something like "There's a game-changing event coming today." I forget which day that was. But I am guessing that was the day the wolves unlocked their ability. Although at first I thought it was someone using their aggressive points on DV.

You're right, that was during last night's leg. I thought it meant someone had jumped up or down in the rankings. I haven't really gone back to see if that happened but didn't notice it in the writeup.

No one is fessing up to using aggression on DV, and Bhlloy didn't seem to think anything fish happened. So either it didn't, another team is wolf/wolf and did something, or bhlloy is a wolf and pulled something.

I don't think we'll figure this out, but it will be interesting after the game to see the mechanic.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:27 PM   #1155
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

As of post 1154:

Zinto 6 - Autumn (1061), bhlloy (1092), Danny (1121), Chief Rum (1135), mckerney (1141), hoopsguy (1146)
ntndeacon 4 - PackerFanatic (1021), GoldenEagle (1091), cougarfreak (1113), Zinto (1124)
Chief Rum 2 - Passacaglia (1042), saldana (1128)
bhlloy 1 - Lathum (1056)
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 07:48 PM   #1156
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Alright, I have some time to dive into hoops' lovely summary at last (thanks hoops).
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 07:49 PM   #1157
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

At this point we need information. I think lynching ntn tells us more info than lynching zinto.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:54 PM   #1158
saldana
Pro Starter

i hate having my vote be irrelevant

i think the odds of having 2 wolves on the block on day one are very very low
unvote chief
vote zinto
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 07:56 PM   #1159
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Looks like the Chief thing isn't happening.

UNVOTE CHIEF RUM
VOTE NTNDEACON
Passacaglia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 08:03 PM   #1161
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Finishing the rolls / calculations and will start ont he writeup shortly.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:17 PM   #1162
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

All of the teams are on their way. There is little that seperates the team as they make their way to Chennai.

The Pair of Amazing Nuts had a chance to dicsuss their strategy a bit and said that they plan on getting off the plane as quick as possible and cutting in front of whoever they needed to in order to get a taxi or ride to Pondicherry.

MartinD and saldana and Danny and mauboy1 all encouraged them to use that approach. They think it may help them win this race. PackerFanatic and cougarfreak felt like maybe they have made an ally in this race.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:19 PM   #1163
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

As the teams start filtering into Chennai what stands out is how aggressively PackerFanatic and cougarfreak push past people to hire a ride to Pondicherry.

They are off on their way to Pondicherry...
Old 03-01-2011, 08:19 PM   #1164
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Meanwhile...

Back in Chennai the other teams head to the roadblock and continue their race...
Old 03-01-2011, 08:23 PM   #1165
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Chief Rum and hoopsguy make the roadblock first. Chief Rum will perform. They have to take a lesson in how to drive in India and then navigate a motorcycle through the given route.

Chief Rum does surprisingly well.

While Chief begins the course two other teams arrive.

JAG and mckerney and CrimsonFox and GoldenEagle.

JAG and CrimsonFox chose to do the roadblck for their team and both seem to nail the course but they actually lose a little ground on Chief Rum and hoopsguy.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:24 PM   #1166
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Meanwhile...

Back in Chennai the other teams head to the roadblock and continue their race...

Lol

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 08:26 PM   #1167
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
As the teams start filtering into Chennai what stands out is how aggressively PackerFanatic and cougarfreak push past people to hire a ride to Pondicherry.

They are off on their way to Pondicherry...

A Fast Forward?? Huh?!?
Old 03-01-2011, 08:28 PM   #1168
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Lathum and The Jackal arrive next along with Autumn and ntndeacon.

Jackal and Autumn are the ones that perform the task. Autumn does well but Jackal struggles.

As they are almost done MartinD and saldana arrive. saldana tries his hand at the task and does a great job and makes up some time on the other teams. He drove it as if he was doing it all his life.

Danny and mauboy1 show up well behind the pack. They may be in trouble but Danny does a fine job though he almost ended up in an accident as a truck swerved right in front of him but he did a great job of saving it and staying on the bike.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:28 PM   #1169
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
A Fast Forward?? Huh?!?

My guess is that they are going to need to come back to Chennai to do the roadblock.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 08:29 PM   #1170
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Good thing our team isn't around anymore -- I would wanted us to go to Madras.
Passacaglia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 08:30 PM   #1171
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

"* 182 MartinD (wolf) post about vote concentration early, usually more spread out *"

At the time the vote was 2-2-2-1 me/Chief/mau/Autumn. Shortly after his comment he pushed mau to 3 votes (trying to look good on a potential lynch target? Looking to make a late move to save him?) If we take his comment seriously that he was concerned about another candidate that had a vote on them at the time and wanted a new candidate, then I would look at Chief and Autumn, probably leaning more towards Autumn because mau put a second vote on Chief which seems a weird wolf move to make at that time. The only wolfy vibe this game I've had about Autumn is when he was trying to make sense of the D1 voting this morning and left me really confused with what he was saying (I can give him a break for not having caffeine in his system, or maybe it was my own lack). Other than that, he seems like someone who's been trying to figure things out. So I'm not 100% sure what to think just yet.

So after that there was a four vote run on mau, though really the three by Chief, mckerny, and MartinD were close together (the other one was over an hour beforehand). After the run on mau, Danny introduces ntn as a candidate. I find that worth some suspicion after the comment from Martin. Another couple hoops' thoughts here:

"222 NTN unvotes Chief, votes Mau 6-5-3-1-1 Mau over NTN over Rum over Autumn/JAG

Note #6 - this looks good for NTN, in my mind. If he was a wolf with Mau then he would likely have held his vote in the 5-5-4 setup with hopes to get some movement on Chief. But instead he pushes Mau into lead and CR 3 back. Seems more villager survival instinct than conceding wolf in my mind, barring crazy 3 wolf run-off scenario (have to almost entirely discount getting this lucky)."

Hard to argue with that.

"242 - Chief unvotes NTN, votes Mau 9-8-1-1-1 Mau over NTN over Autumn/JAG/Rum

Note #8 - big swing vote here by Chief, assuming that NTN = villager. About 2 hours and 15 minutes to deadline here."

Also seems reasonable.

"258 - Autumn unvotes JAG, votes Mau 10-8-1-1 Mau over NTN over Autumn/Rum
* 262 - I ask if people missed post #251, why no one is reacting to this. 1 hour 10 minutes until lynch deadline *
264 - NTN unvotes Mau, votes JAG 9-8-1-1-1 Mau over NTN over Autumn/Rum/JAG
277 - Danny unvotes NTN, votes Crimson 9-7-1-1-1-1 Mau over NTN over Autumn/Rum/JAG/Crimson
279 - Mau unvotes NTN, votes Crimson 9-6-2-1-1-1 Mau over NTN over Crimson over Autumn/Rum/JAG"

In my opinion, this sequence again looks suspicious for Danny. Assuming he didn't want to vote for the 'seer', with three other people out there with one vote to vote for (also assuming he wouldn't go with ntn because he wanted a second candidate), he picks another candidate that ends up being a wolf target (although I didn't look at the timing of this and CF's comments that may have led them to believe he was a seer, though mau was quick to jump on the vote after it happened) as they presumably hunted for the real seer.

So anyway, here we are 30 minutes from deadline, so this isn't really helpful for the vote today. How was Danny not a serious candidate for today again?
Old 03-01-2011, 08:31 PM   #1172
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Chief Rum and hoopsguy attempt to Sell It. They are at the busy Spencer Plaza and are being overshouted by the others in the maret. It seems that the guys are too busy hassling them and not letting them try to sell.

CrimsonFox and GoldenEagle arrive at the Plaza and are attempting to hawk their goods as well. They are having a little better luck but it is quite hectic.

JAG and mckerney enter the mix and add to the confusion. Last we see them it seems that they are getting in each other's way; though it does not seem to be on purpose.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:32 PM   #1173
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I would rather vote Danny than Zinto, but the other options look more questionable to me, so:

Vote Zinto
Old 03-01-2011, 08:33 PM   #1174
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Good thing our team isn't around anymore -- I would wanted us to go to Madras.

Old 03-01-2011, 08:33 PM   #1175
Autumn
Head Coach

JAG, speaking for myself I know I didn't have a great deal of time once it came time to cast a vote. This evening every time I look over things I come up with Danny, for the reasons above. I think there was something I saw this morning that made me think he wasn't the best out of that list, I'll have to look back and see what it was.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:35 PM   #1176
Autumn
Head Coach

Oh I see - early in teh day Danny unvotes JAG who had my vote as well, and introduces NTN. Unless you are both wolves, JAG, I can't see why a wolf would bother doing this with Mauboy in the lead. His explanation at the time makes good sense, so that's the piece of evidence that's kept me from voting him today.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:38 PM   #1177
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

At the cricket field...

Autumn and ntndeacon; Lathum and The Jackal and Danny and mauboy1 decided to try their hands at that task.

Autumn and ntndeacon show their physical abilities off and master the bowl and the hit. Taking just two attempts to bowl a legal attempt and hitting the first "pitch" well beyond 10 meters.

Danny and mauboy1 struggled a little but Danny soon learned that hitting 10 meters didn't have to go foward and he could use the momentum of the pitch to help.

Lathum ad The Jackal struggle at first as their is confusion as they begin bowling to each other. Evendutlly they see that one was supposed to just bowl a legal attempt while the other would then have to face a club bowler for their attempt to hit.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:38 PM   #1178
Danny
Head Coach

JAG, why distract from the current run off now? You should have brought me up and voted for me earlier. Now it just looks like you know what the lynch result is going to be and you are starting to set up tomorrows lynch.
Danny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 08:39 PM   #1179
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

All the teams are off to Pondicherry for the long near 3 hour journey as they head towards the pitstop...
Old 03-01-2011, 08:40 PM   #1180
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Chief Rum and hoopsguy dominated this leg and arrive at the mat.

Chief and hoops, you are the second team to arrive...

However...
Old 03-01-2011, 08:40 PM   #1181
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

The first team that arrived didn't count. Congratulations, you are the first to arrive again.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:41 PM   #1182
Autumn
Head Coach

lol
Old 03-01-2011, 08:42 PM   #1183
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Oh I see - early in teh day Danny unvotes JAG who had my vote as well, and introduces NTN. Unless you are both wolves, JAG, I can't see why a wolf would bother doing this with Mauboy in the lead. His explanation at the time makes good sense, so that's the piece of evidence that's kept me from voting him today.

Well, I could see him thinking there was already a vote on me, so if he added another candidate to the mix with ntn, there was more potential for more villagers to get votes that mau wouldn't get voted up, or in the case that you or CR are wolves since I hadn't got much traction as a votee to that point. I don't think that's really a compelling argument to make me think he's not the best candidate I have to this point.

Have to put my oldest to bed, so not sure I'm going to be around for anything late.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:42 PM   #1184
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Old 03-01-2011, 08:43 PM   #1185
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

The second team to arrive is CrimsonFox and GoldenEagle...

Third to arrive is Autumn and ntndeacon...

JAG and mckerney are the 4th team to arrive.

5th is The Jackal and Lathum as they seemed to have others pulling against them.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:43 PM   #1186
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Awesome that so many people are around at deadline
Old 03-01-2011, 08:44 PM   #1187
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Yeah baby!
Quote:
The second team to arrive is CrimsonFox and GoldenEagle...

Third to arrive is Autumn and ntndeacon...

JAG and mckerney are the 4th team to arrive.

5th is The Jackal and Lathum as they seemed to have others pulling against them.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:45 PM   #1188
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
JAG, why distract from the current run off now? You should have brought me up and voted for me earlier. Now it just looks like you know what the lynch result is going to be and you are starting to set up tomorrows lynch.

Danny, this is the only time I've had today to try and actually think/analyze what's going on instead of reacting to random posts in between working.

Later all.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:45 PM   #1189
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

saldana and MartinD arrive in 6th...

Danny and mauboy1 arrive just after them in 7th...

Cue the sad music as we see PackerFanatic and cougarfreak still making their way though the tasks back in Chennai....

Eventually...

PackerFanatic and cougarfreak, you are the last team to arrive...

I am sorry to tell you that you have been eliminated from the race.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:46 PM   #1190
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

We see PackerFanatic and cougarfreak walking away fromt eh camera and talking...

Maybe those teams weren't being as helpful as we thought...
Old 03-01-2011, 08:48 PM   #1191
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Danny, this is the only time I've had today to try and actually think/analyze what's going on instead of reacting to random posts in between working.

Later all.

If that's the case then ok. We'll see the result here. I think if Zinto is a wolf, I look pretty good. If he is not, I'm at the same place I was before and I expect we'll be continuing this discussion at some point.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:49 PM   #1192
Danny
Head Coach

Hah, Mau and I live to race another day! We just do enough to stay in the limelight. After all, we don't care about winning as long as we stay on tv.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:49 PM   #1193
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

As of post 1190:

Zinto 8 - Autumn (1061), bhlloy (1092), Danny (1121), Chief Rum (1135), mckerney (1141), hoopsguy (1146), saldana (1158), JAG (1173)
ntndeacon 5 - PackerFanatic (1021), GoldenEagle (1091), cougarfreak (1113), Zinto (1124), Passacaglia (1159)
bhlloy 1 - Lathum (1056)
Old 03-01-2011, 08:52 PM   #1194
cougarfreak
College Starter

Quote:
saldana and MartinD arrive in 6th...

Danny and mauboy1 arrive just after them in 7th...

Cue the sad music as we see PackerFanatic and cougarfreak still making their way though the tasks back in Chennai....

Eventually...

PackerFanatic and cougarfreak, you are the last team to arrive...

I am sorry to tell you that you have been eliminated from the race.

Well, crap.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:52 PM   #1195
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Race Standings
1st - Team 10
2nd - Team 5 (+0:40)
3rd - Team 8 (+1:10)
4th - Team 4 (+1:50)
5th - Team 3 (+2:30)
6th - Team 2 (+3:45)
7th - Team 6 (+3:50)
Old 03-01-2011, 09:03 PM   #1197
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Meh. I think we messed up today, but what do you do?
Old 03-01-2011, 09:04 PM   #1198
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

After a long leg of racing it is time to get down to business. There are moles to find.

You feel that Zinto must be one. After another long interogation you get what you want, a full confession.

He confesses to being an old man that wanted to win the race...

Zinto was a vanilla villager.

Zinto is now completely out of the game.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:05 PM   #1199
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
We see PackerFanatic and cougarfreak walking away fromt eh camera and talking...

Maybe those teams weren't being as helpful as we thought...

That's hilarious. We live to fight another day, Danny. Now we're just 5 minutes behind Saldana and Martin. We can make up that time. HOpefully we'll finally get some challenges that suit our abilities.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:06 PM   #1200
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Later that evening you notice that something is different. saldana is walking around in that familiar T-shirt with a very unamazing how on it. He has been talked out by the moles.

saldana was a vanilla villager