Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-13-2006, 08:17 PM   #1151
hoopsguy
General Manager

KWhit, I don't think Raiders is an other. Other than that, I have no interest in steering you on this one ... I trust you.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 08:17 PM   #1152
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
And actually I'm still on Desmond, so I'm not one of the outstanding votes.

Oh yeah, I knew that.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 08:20 PM   #1153
saldana
Pro Starter

jesus christ this is a long ass thread if you havent checked in for 7 hours

1. i saw several people comment that i was very quiet in this game, so i refer you to somewhere around 1 o clock this afternoon when i said i would be out until 9pm...i work from 4 pm til 1 am, and can really only check in while on lunch (now). I always post when i am going to be away for any amount of time for just this reason. If i have been more quiet than usual, it is because i dont really have good reads on anyone, and after DM'ing the HP game, i realized how much i could learn by sitting back.
2. several people called BS on blade, and i would like to add myself to that cabal. I dont think it is realistic at all for there to be a player with the ability to kill 2 other players at the same time...it would completely unbalance the game, and he has yet to explain why he didnt complete his kill on mckerny...it is my understanding that the black fog on the island does whatever it wants, but Blade wants us to believe that he is the most powerful WW role EVER, but was foiled in his PK attempt by another inexplicably powerful force. that doesnt compute to me in everything i know about WW...i am not sure he is an other, but i definitely think he is full of crap, which leads me to suspect him quite a bit, and mckerney in association

3. i was the one that pegged AlanT last game, and paid for it with my own life (bastard), and unless he really changed his game up, i dont see the same things i saw from him in that game. again, i dont trust or distrust him at this point, just saying that i dont see the same things

4. the run on Desnudo is based on the fact that he "lied" about being a last minute voter, or did i scan through the thread so fast that i missed something? my problem with that is, Blade has admitted he lied to us all twice now, first about not knowing, then knowing alot about the show, then about all his powers...not saying Desnudo is not a bad guy, but i think that kind of a statement is a pretty weak reason to vote for him

5. all that said, i am gonna throw my hat into the "an other had to vote for King" party and unvote celeval and

vote Raiders Army
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 08:23 PM   #1154
saldana
Pro Starter

and even though this got me killed last game

my suspect list:
1. raiders (the 50/50 concept, plus the association with blade)
2. Blade (lots of lies, lots of things i just cant buy into)
3. Desnudo (a lie is a lie, but isnt this entire game based on who the best liars are)
Old 02-13-2006, 08:23 PM   #1155
saldana
Pro Starter

i am out for about 15 minutes to make dinner.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:23 PM   #1156
Raiders Army
Coordinator

again, I point out that I voted for king because he voted for me. I was the first to vote for him and then others piled on.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 08:25 PM   #1157
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

35 minutes to go and as of post 1156, its down to the wire:

Desnudo 4
mckerney 3
Alan T 3
Raiders 3
Desmond 1
Old 02-13-2006, 08:27 PM   #1158
Celeval
Pro Starter

I'm one of the ones still holding back - I still don't have a really good feel, but I'll not vote to force a tie.
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 08:31 PM   #1159
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeval
I'm one of the ones still holding back - I still don't have a really good feel, but I'll not vote to force a tie.
Just an FYI. A non-vote by anyone, especially when they have been around all day will come back to bite them in the ass in the long run. Also, it makes it harder for us survivors to find clues from voting patterns later in the game.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:34 PM   #1160
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
Just an FYI. A non-vote by anyone, especially when they have been around all day will come back to bite them in the ass in the long run. Also, it makes it harder for us survivors to find clues from voting patterns later in the game.

isnt one of the unwritten rules of WW that unless you are in the hospital, you had better vote, and thats only if the hospital doesnt have any computers in it.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:36 PM   #1161
Swaggs
Coordinator

Who still has an outstanding vote?
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 08:38 PM   #1162
Raiders Army
Coordinator

bearcat and packer for two.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:38 PM   #1163
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
Who still has an outstanding vote?

Im trying to figure that out myself. I think tanglewood, packersfan, desnudo, bearcat and celeval are the 5.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:39 PM   #1164
Celeval
Pro Starter

Quote:

Poorly worded on my part. I will vote, but I will not vote into a tie.

Better?
Old 02-13-2006, 08:39 PM   #1165
kingfc22
Head Coach

I have Desnudo, RA, tangle, packer, celeval, and bearcat with no vote.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:39 PM   #1166
Celeval
Pro Starter

Hell, this should break things up a bit.

Vote Desnudo
Old 02-13-2006, 08:40 PM   #1167
hoopsguy
General Manager

Wonder if Desnudo is proving a point by voting late?
Old 02-13-2006, 08:40 PM   #1168
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
I have Desnudo, RA, tangle, packer, celeval, and bearcat with no vote.
missed raiders vote.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:41 PM   #1169
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
Im trying to figure that out myself. I think tanglewood, packersfan, desnudo, bearcat and celeval are the 5.

I have seen bearcat in the thread for like an hour (maybe longer), Im guessing trying to catch up on posts from today. Desnudo I am guessing is waiting a bit for self preservation reasons. Celeval posted what he is trying to figure out. Packerfan and tanglewood I dont think I have seen in here for a bit. Packersfan was in the thread earlier today wasn't he? just no vote.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:41 PM   #1170
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
again, I point out that I voted for king because he voted for me. I was the first to vote for him and then others piled on.
then why didnt you take yours off when he took his off you?
Old 02-13-2006, 08:42 PM   #1171
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

The only problem I see is that I don't seem to believe that any of the leading vote getters are others just yet. I keep reading and cases are made, but only one person raises a big enough red flag based on past experience that I feel right voting for. So I

Vote Blade

Like I said the story seems a little far fetched right now. Maybe he expanded on his actual role to make himself to look more important to save his skin, but it seems to me that there is something else there.
Bearcat729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 08:42 PM   #1172
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls
you'll have to bear with me I'm not quite as good as others in doing this.

post # 548 you talk about roles that were heavly discussed on day 1, to me you are trying to get some roles out there to help the others

post # 871 you ask for a summary of penny's guilt/innocence
post #954 you ask again for a summary (to me both wolf moves, you act like you care, but don't quite following along or make it seem that way.

the kicker that still sticks with me was the pile on vote on Mr. W

I think they were both valid questions. I want to understand people's thought processes, which is why I ask people to explain things.

The pile on vote for Mr. W. was not a pile on vote. It was a vote to ensure we didn't have a tie. I'm voting King if I don't vote W, which means that one switch and we are tied (7-5 if I vote King). I don't understand why this vote is considered a pile on.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 08:42 PM   #1173
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm hoping that AE will look for another alternate with Tanglewood missing 2x (assuming heisn't in at the last minute to vote).
Old 02-13-2006, 08:43 PM   #1174
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat729
Vote Blade
Interesting choice.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:45 PM   #1175
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat729
The only problem I see is that I don't seem to believe that any of the leading vote getters are others just yet. I keep reading and cases are made, but only one person raises a big enough red flag based on past experience that I feel right voting for. So I

Vote Blade

Like I said the story seems a little far fetched right now. Maybe he expanded on his actual role to make himself to look more important to save his skin, but it seems to me that there is something else there.

Bearcat, i am not tryint to tell you how to vote, but that is what we call a throwaway, and really doesnt help anything, including our being able to figure out if you are a good guy or not...i would have loved to vote blade too, but there is no point to it at this point in the voting.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:45 PM   #1176
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Wonder if Desnudo is proving a point by voting late?

No, but I'm certainly not going to vote until I determine if I can save myself or not. It appears to be not. My role is a minor one anyway, so it doesn't really matter to the survivors if I live or die. Hopefully there will at least be some usuable information from it.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:46 PM   #1177
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

15 min to go

Desnudo 5
mckerney 3
Alan T 3
Raiders 3
Desmond 1
Blade 1
Old 02-13-2006, 08:47 PM   #1178
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
then why didnt you take yours off when he took his off you?
Several reasons why.

1. First and foremost, at the time Wednesday's neck was in the noose. I didn't think that was right, since he hadn't even logged onto FOFC in almost 24 hours and didn't know the game had begun. There were votes for king, so I felt like that was the best way to save someone. I believed that if there was even a chance he was the seer, we shouldn't lynch him. At least king could defend himself if he was the seer.

2. You have to vote for someone right? I also wanted to see what would happen. The votes piled on rather quickly, and then the shift went to Wednesday, which was equally as troublesome. So I left my vote as is.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:48 PM   #1179
Desnudo
Coordinator

Vote Mckerney

Call it a hunch. At least you can offer up more than that when you're voting.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:49 PM   #1180
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Interesting choice.

I've been thinking about it for quite a while and right now he is the only one I feel safe voting for. I've seen cases made about people(I toyed with the idea of voting for SnDvls, but it just didn't seem to feel right at this time.), but in the end my gut(Based on what I saw in the other game of werewolf I played) said there was more to the story blade has created.
Bearcat729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 08:49 PM   #1181
Raiders Army
Coordinator

dola, actually that was only a couple in number but there were several within the couple.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:51 PM   #1182
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
Several reasons why.

1. First and foremost, at the time Wednesday's neck was in the noose. I didn't think that was right, since he hadn't even logged onto FOFC in almost 24 hours and didn't know the game had begun. There were votes for king, so I felt like that was the best way to save someone. I believed that if there was even a chance he was the seer, we shouldn't lynch him. At least king could defend himself if he was the seer.

2. You have to vote for someone right? I also wanted to see what would happen. The votes piled on rather quickly, and then the shift went to Wednesday, which was equally as troublesome. So I left my vote as is.

Ok raiders, i havent seen much from you that made me think you are a bad guy in this game, but like i said before, other than blade i really dont have a lot to go on. but because you actually have a defense other than "i am a good guy", and i agree entirely with your point #1, i will give you the benefit of the doubt right now.

unvote RA
vote Mckerney
(tied for 3 on my list with desnudo, who i really think is getting a shitty deal here for what really amounts to a syntax error, imo)
Old 02-13-2006, 08:51 PM   #1183
KWhit
Coordinator

Unvote Desmond

Vote Raiders Army

I thnk his inaccurate account of Blade's "simple survivor" comment is very suspicious.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 08:52 PM   #1184
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'm out until tomorrow morning. My last thoughts are that I think Desnudo is a pretty intelligent person; he could be a great asset to the game if he's a survivor, but I think he could play us if he's an other. I also strongly suspect mckerney since he was pretty much the deciding vote last night. I don't get how he hasn't gotten more heat for that.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:53 PM   #1185
kingfc22
Head Coach

Looks like everyone is suspicious of everyone else.

So far the only person that I have a better than average trust level is spleen.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:54 PM   #1186
kingfc22
Head Coach

My last comment was in reference to the back-to-back vote switches.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:55 PM   #1187
hoopsguy
General Manager

Saldana, is there a relationship that you think is there between Blade and mckerney, since Blade indicated that he tried (and failed) to assassinate him last night? Are you calling BS on Blade through this vote?

Do you have some other reason for voting for him? Or just think that Desnudo is a survivor, so taking the option that allows you to possibly save him?
Old 02-13-2006, 08:56 PM   #1188
Swaggs
Coordinator

Five minutes!
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 08:57 PM   #1189
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Saldana, is there a relationship that you think is there between Blade and mckerney, since Blade indicated that he tried (and failed) to assassinate him last night? Are you calling BS on Blade through this vote?

Do you have some other reason for voting for him? Or just think that Desnudo is a survivor, so taking the option that allows you to possibly save him?

part of both, i am not sold on Desnudo, and i am calling bs on blade, if he is SOOOOOO powerful, how was he stopped...i think blade is an other and Mckerney is too, and blade is using this entire "i was stopped by another power" to try and clear one of his wolf pack mates.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:58 PM   #1190
Celeval
Pro Starter

Does that leave McKerney as the guy?
Old 02-13-2006, 08:58 PM   #1191
kingfc22
Head Coach

Bearcat - You got a chance to be the hero. Do you have any feeling what so ever on either Mckerney or Desnudo?
Old 02-13-2006, 08:58 PM   #1192
SnDvls
Pro Starter

interesting that two people hit mckerney to take the lead knowing he won't be back.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 08:59 PM   #1193
saldana
Pro Starter

dola, because not for nothing, why in the world would the bodyguard protect mckerney last night?!!
Old 02-13-2006, 08:59 PM   #1194
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
At this point I'm leaning heavily toward voting for Raiders. However, that looks like it might muddy the water and make a tie more likely. Does anyone else have the same concerns that I do about his Blade - simple survivor comments?

I definately have the same concerns. I've been alittle suspicious of him earlier, but didn't really have anything solid, other than Blade continuing to vouch for him for no apparently reason. I'm still not positive Blade is bad though, and my gut is telling me to stick with Desnudo at this point. Hopefully my gut is right.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:01 PM   #1195
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

posting for a time check to see if its 9 CST forum time.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:01 PM   #1196
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
dola, because not for nothing, why in the world would the bodyguard protect mckerney last night?!!
Interesting point. I know if I was the bodyguard, I would have protected Hoops or Blade since they are always an early target.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:01 PM   #1197
hoopsguy
General Manager

I think it is more likely that he was blessed than protected if Blade is telling the truth. I'll go back to look at his story again after these results.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:01 PM   #1198
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but i have the vote as:

Desnudo 5
mckerney 5
Raiders 3
Alan T 3
Blade 1

For today with time up?
Old 02-13-2006, 09:02 PM   #1199
Celeval
Pro Starter

Didn't necessarily have to be the bodyguard protecting mckerney - if we're in the Lost theme, then it's possible that Eko and Locke are both immune to the black smoke.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:02 PM   #1200
kingfc22
Head Coach

Doh! I lost track of the vote count. Anybody have the total?