DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

so who to focus attention on now. hmm
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 11:18 PM   #1152
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Hey everyone,

I thought I would take a moment to apologize to everyone for my exit message yesterday. I was put off by the way things went down and some of the reasonings used to lynch me, and stupidly decided to post before letting things calm down.

I think my post was very poor form, and not like me at all. I have been killed in previous WW games and not had any sort of reaction like this, so I hope you will forgive my lapse here. This was the first time I had been the victim of this sort of early lynch, and now I see why people get upset about being targeted by it (Lathum leaps to mind in the RE game, and GoldenEagle in Tombstone, not to point the spotlight elsewhere, just noting this seems to be a common phenomenon).

So I am sorry I did not handle it as well as I could have.

Good luck and good times with the rest of the game.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 11:21 PM   #1153
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

no prob CR,
I've been there many times
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 11:33 PM   #1154
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Fortunately I should be home from work around 6pm EST tomorrow so I'll have plenty of time to read up and contribute although I will be missing all day.
Old 11-08-2006, 11:42 PM   #1155
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
With recent events erasing any positive feelings from the first day, a grave sense of responsibility settles over the assemblage. With four of your number already gone, you begin to feel the weight of responsibility.

After a short period of time, the collective weight of a majority of you falls on the shoulders of KWhit. After the final balloting, KWhits shoulders slump. You can see the light in her eyes die. Hope has ended for one of your number tonight.

KWhit stands and hugs a few close friends, people who did not vote for her tonight. She turns and faces the assembly with a look of loss. “I forgive you this crime.”

She walks the short distance to the gallows, ahead of your group. She almost seems in a hurry to complete the obvious. She walks herself up the gallows and stands alone, as she loops the rope around her neck, methodically, without emotion. She looks up, refusing to make eye contact with any of you. The board below her is released, and she swings, silent.

You quickly head to the edge of town where her farm was. You investigate but find nothing to indicate anything other than the simple fact that KWhit was a farmer of peppers her whole life, and had nothing else in her life except the joy she received from seeing her favorite plant emerge from the earth. You see the wooden award she received from the town for growing the most produce one year, and there is a list of her contacts in the merchant community, to whom he would sell her peppers.

You’ll no more taste one of her peppers.

Day Three has ended. Night Three has begun and will end at 3:30 AM EST Thursday.

-Anxiety

The part I bolded worries me about this lynch.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 11:42 PM   #1156
Lorena
Unregistered

It's cool CR.

I'm very, very sensitive IRL and it naturally comes out when I play this game. But that's what WW does to a lot of us, it brings out some pretty raw emotions and before we realize it, we post something which we later regret (I've done it many, many, many times).

'Til our next encounter
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 11:43 PM   #1157
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
The part I bolded worries me about this lynch.

care to explain?
Old 11-08-2006, 11:43 PM   #1158
Lorena
Unregistered

Hmm... so could Kwhit had been our seer? Damn, that would suck.
Old 11-08-2006, 11:52 PM   #1159
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
care to explain?

Don't you think the fact that she had access to a community list could be signficant?
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 11:53 PM   #1160
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
How can you say this? Last night they didn't even kill one of our guys. The night before they killed the herbalist which might be a bodyguard, or in this game might be something more themey and literally something to do with herbs.

So far other than the risk of having lost the bodyguard, I think the bad guys haven't hit any of the people they wanted to. The only plus for them so far is that they haven't hit anyone on a rival evil team yet (which they probably dont want to do at this point in the game)

The herbalist was a good role, its stated as such in the death, and regardless of what you call it, it was a role for us.

As for sndvls, look at the bolded part here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
For purposes of overwhelming, one agent of darkness can overtake two villagers with no problem. They are sheep and easily pacified. However, the rangers are much more difficult. It takes two agents to overcome each ranger. (So, for example, if 8 players are left, three agents and five townfolk, then the agents of darkness win, because three agents can take five villagers with no problem.)

If someone is not a townsfolk, nor a ranger, nobody knows how easily pacified they are.

Pacified means the they count against against the bad guys in the ratio(bad guys would have to pacify them for victory). In what regard, i dont know, but they were on our side of the ratio. So ill imagine it hurt our ratio, and took our a role that could be beneficial to us, though that much cant be confirmed.
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 11:53 PM   #1161
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
Don't you think the fact that she had access to a community list could be signficant?

or was that actually just nothing and a part of her "character" and not a clue?
Old 11-09-2006, 12:02 AM   #1162
Blade6119
Coordinator

Well, in case i die tonight, i might as well get this out there since im not one to be quiet on my thoughts.

I think Saldana, sublime 2, and izulde all need to either die or be scanned immediately by our seer. The group has gone against my thoughts for 2 days now(day 1 was random and doest count, but congrats for getting lucky) and have been wrong both times. Maybe its time for you all to start looking in a different direction...
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:07 AM   #1163
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
Well, in case i die tonight, i might as well get this out there since im not one to be quiet on my thoughts.

I think Saldana, sublime 2, and izulde all need to either die or be scanned immediately by our seer. The group has gone against my thoughts for 2 days now(day 1 was random and doest count, but congrats for getting lucky) and have been wrong both times. Maybe its time for you all to start looking in a different direction...

Yeah, we were wrong. So was everyone else who voted that way. I don't hear you calling for them to be scanned or die.

Face it, you're just hacked that I've had you in my sights from Day 1 and are trying to get even with me. Nothing more than that.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 12:09 AM   #1164
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Yeah, we were wrong. So was everyone else who voted that way. I don't hear you calling for them to be scanned or die.

Face it, you're just hacked that I've had you in my sights from Day 1 and are trying to get even with me. Nothing more than that.

Yes, on days 1 and two when i voted alan i was really after you...you are playing just like you did last time. Now, take solace in the knowledge sublime 2 is #1 and your #2, and other then that dont try to blow off my suspicion.
Demotivation
Old 11-09-2006, 12:12 AM   #1165
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

blade, you have any facts?
Old 11-09-2006, 12:14 AM   #1166
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Yes, on days 1 and two when i voted alan i was really after you...you are playing just like you did last time. Now, take solace in the knowledge sublime 2 is #1 and your #2, and other then that dont try to blow off my suspicion.

Well let's see, you information leaked which will probably get a valuable role for the Light side killed tonight.

I know you've played enough WW not to be that stupid to leak something that hurts the Light side if you're Light.

Conclusion?

You're a Dark.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 12:31 AM   #1167
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Well let's see, you information leaked which will probably get a valuable role for the Light side killed tonight.

I know you've played enough WW not to be that stupid to leak something that hurts the Light side if you're Light.

Conclusion?

You're a Dark.

Are you quite sure i leaked information? Be quite certain before you start making accusations that will end up with your lynching
Demotivation
Old 11-09-2006, 12:31 AM   #1168
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

I think you are mistaken in regards to me. Unless I'm missing something, I voted Scoobz...yes, but he's the only person I've lynched. Yesterday I voted Lathum, and today I voted Tyrinth. So, haven't I been right both times?
Sublime 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 12:33 AM   #1169
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
blade, you have any facts?

The same amount of facts i had against you last game...just my gut. The group has tried alan/saldana's gut, and i dont remember who started todays lynch. Maybe its time we try mine and lynch sublime.
Demotivation
Old 11-09-2006, 12:34 AM   #1170
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime 2 View Post
I think you are mistaken in regards to me. Unless I'm missing something, I voted Scoobz...yes, but he's the only person I've lynched. Yesterday I voted Lathum, and today I voted Tyrinth. So, haven't I been right both times?

Voting scoobz was random, i dont give anyone credit for that.

As for lathum and tyrith, they could both be good too. So you werent right as much as everyone else wrong. Same with me...i havent been right, just not wrong so far.

You can think im wrong, but id like to see you scanned or dead, and i figure with the reasons that got Kwhit and chief lynched i have just as good a shot as everyone else with no facts
Demotivation
Old 11-09-2006, 12:35 AM   #1171
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
The herbalist was a good role, its stated as such in the death, and regardless of what you call it, it was a role for us.

As for sndvls, look at the bolded part here:

Pacified means the they count against against the bad guys in the ratio(bad guys would have to pacify them for victory). In what regard, i dont know, but they were on our side of the ratio. So ill imagine it hurt our ratio, and took our a role that could be beneficial to us, though that much cant be confirmed.

Blade, I understand what you are saying, but I do not think it applies to SnDvls. Following is the full rules post:

Quote:
Winning Conditions:

The game ends when the forces of darkness can overwhelm those of light, or when all of the darkness is destroyed.

For purposes of overwhelming, one agent of darkness can overtake two villagers with no problem. They are sheep and easily pacified. However, the rangers are much more difficult. It takes two agents to overcome each ranger. (So, for example, if 8 players are left, three agents and five townfolk, then the agents of darkness win, because three agents can take five villagers with no problem.)

If someone is not a townsfolk, nor a ranger, nobody knows how easily pacified they are.
SnDvls was not listed as on the side of light, his reveal on the roster list is:

Quote:
14. SnDvls - Killed Night Two. Antalia Daverheft the Adventurer. (in grey text).
Which means he likely does not factor into the overwhelm ratio. It implies there may be a role that is tagged as being on the side of light, but not a townsfolk. Much like Scoobz was on the side of darkness but not Sauron or Saruman.

Looks like side of light gets gold text on the roster page
Side of dark gets red text
No side gets grey text.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 12:40 AM   #1172
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Anxiety, are you willing to confirm the meaning of the text color on the roster list?
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 12:41 AM   #1173
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

How can you lump me with saldana and izulde, when the past two days I haven't even voted the same as them? I can't tell what you mean, are you saying that us three were wrong because the people lynched the last two days were good and that we three voted for them? In which case you would have you facts incorrect, because I didn't vote for CR or Kwhit.
Sublime 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 12:48 AM   #1174
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime 2 View Post
How can you lump me with saldana and izulde, when the past two days I haven't even voted the same as them? I can't tell what you mean, are you saying that us three were wrong because the people lynched the last two days were good and that we three voted for them? In which case you would have you facts incorrect, because I didn't vote for CR or Kwhit.

The group=the entire game, not my top 3 suspects
Demotivation
Old 11-09-2006, 12:49 AM   #1175
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
Anxiety, are you willing to confirm the meaning of the text color on the roster list?

I didn't really think it'd be confusing, but illuminating.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 12:55 AM   #1176
saldana
Pro Starter

i could take blades statements as an accusation, but seeing as how i feel exactly the same way about him as he does about me, i really dont care what he thinks about my choices...i voted for Chief because he voted for me using what i considered to be faulty logic...i voted for Kwhit based on his vote switching yesterday, and for his putting YOU, blade, under the gun immediately after you went to class....i hardly think that qualifies as no proof...was it airtight? of course not. have people been lynched with less? you know they have, as it has often been you.

like i said, i think you need to be scanned or dead pretty soon, too, but you arent high enough up on my list that you will likely get my vote tomorrow.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 12:57 AM   #1177
saldana
Pro Starter

dola, as far as looking in another direction, give me one to go in...you want to go after sublime2 tomorrow, i dont really see a reason to...but i'd be willing to give your gut a try.
Old 11-09-2006, 01:01 AM   #1178
saldana
Pro Starter

hey Chief, dont worry about it, but dont be surprised when we all vote for you on day one next game
Old 11-09-2006, 02:33 AM   #1179
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Hey everyone,

I thought I would take a moment to apologize to everyone for my exit message yesterday. I was put off by the way things went down and some of the reasonings used to lynch me, and stupidly decided to post before letting things calm down.

I think my post was very poor form, and not like me at all. I have been killed in previous WW games and not had any sort of reaction like this, so I hope you will forgive my lapse here. This was the first time I had been the victim of this sort of early lynch, and now I see why people get upset about being targeted by it (Lathum leaps to mind in the RE game, and GoldenEagle in Tombstone, not to point the spotlight elsewhere, just noting this seems to be a common phenomenon).

So I am sorry I did not handle it as well as I could have.

Good luck and good times with the rest of the game.

Wait until I get ahold of the those responsible for my night 1 lynch. It will NOT be pretty!!!
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 02:38 AM   #1180
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The sun brings with it doubt and shame over your previous actions the past couple of days. You were hoping a new way would wash the guilt from your fingers, but that was not to be. You rub your eyes with a ferocity that belies your self-doubt. You try to rub away the day, as if it were a dream. Alas, it is not.

As you rise, you hear a scream coming from the city walls. You immediately dress and head out the door. The scream came from one of the small houses by the city gates – that’s where the town guard is housed. You plunge into the house with the open door and spy several of your number already there.

As you spy the scene, you stop breathing for a moment.

Last night, someone broke into the house and killed Sirrion Huddlestump while he slept next to his wife. His throat was slit and then a dagger or knife stabbed his chest through several times. The blood pooled in the bed with his sleeping wife.

His wife, Flawuria Huddlestump, apparently woke up grieving next to her dead husband, and in a rash of depression, slashed her wrists with a kitchen knife and then crept next to her husband to bled to death while holding his corpse.

The combined blood from the two grisly deaths is enough to soak the sheets and bed in a dark crimson. The tang of steel and salt is in the air – the taste of blood.

A quick inspection shows that Sirrion was just a town guard and Flawuria was just his wife, with no additional allegiances. You exit the building as a group and cannot bring yourself to step back into that tomb of death. Instead, you notice that this building is a bit separate from the rest of the nearby buildings, and one of you grabs a cooking torch and tosses it on top of the small house. The pitch quick catches the roof on fire and soon the house is a smoldering skeleton.

You return to your breakfasts with the night’s horror fresh in your head. How could anything get worse? As you begin to gather, one of you notes that the old dwarf, Grum Rumblebelly is missing. It’s not like the old guy to miss a meal, so you head off to a small rock house at the edge of town to investigate.

You find his door still locked. Is he asleep still? A hobbit is able to pick the lock on the door in a few minutes and heads into the building. A hobbit can fit more easily than men in a dwarfhold. The hobbit emerges in a few seconds with a pale face and stumbles to the ground, weeping. You cannot get any words out of him.

Several of the smaller framed people squeeze into the building and stop in a shock that obliterates the earlier emotion you experienced with the Huddlestumps.

Grum Rumblebelly is lying on his bed, with a face patterned in black lines that cross his visage. A closer look reveals that pattern across his exposed arms and feet. It is a sickly black, almost the darkest shade of green you could imagine. The unhealthy color is the only color left in the old dwarf’s skin. The rest is a sheer white. Not even a real white, but more of a colorless white.

Nothing normal happened here. You quickly say a few words and leave, deciding to turn the rock house into a cairn. You pile rocks around it and on top of it for an hour.

After your work, your assembly reconvenes, this time much diminished.

Lathum, saldana, and st. cronin have been killed.

Night Three has ended. Day Four has begun and will end at 10:00 pm EST Thursday.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 06:30 AM   #1181
hoopsguy
General Manager

Even when the bad guys don't explicitly kill Saldana he still finds a way to die early in games. Sad and amazing at the same time.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 07:09 AM   #1182
Fouts
College Starter

3 in one night? Evil, evil moderator.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 07:18 AM   #1183
Lorena
Unregistered

Oh dang, 3 good veterans gone, that hit us pretty hard
Old 11-09-2006, 07:23 AM   #1184
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

how is that possible? well i guess the suicide doesn't count, so they got two. Bastards
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 07:33 AM   #1185
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

vote izulde

I really think we need to start focusing on izulde. He has been throwing out accusations with no real proof to back them up. At first he said blade was too 'quiet' so he voted for him, and yesterday he said i was being too quiet, which wasn't my normal game, when he has never played with me. And anybody who has played with me, (spleen, lathum, dodgerchick), knows that in every game i've been accused of being too quiet. He is throwing around accusations with nothing to back them up. But hey, if somebody can vouch for izulde and tell me why you think he's in the light, ill be more than happy to take my vote off an throw it on somebody else.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:36 AM   #1186
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Alant, or somebody who likes to analyze 1000+ posts, what do you think about izulde's play so far? Everything he is throwing out there is the exact opposite of what im feeling and compared to some he's been considerably under the radar. Thoughts?
Old 11-09-2006, 08:02 AM   #1187
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
Alant, or somebody who likes to analyze 1000+ posts, what do you think about izulde's play so far? Everything he is throwing out there is the exact opposite of what im feeling and compared to some he's been considerably under the radar. Thoughts?

Well, I don't have any problems with him accusing Blade. In fact I encourage everyone to do that. His interaction with you, I don't believe he was the only one who mentioned you. I think BrianD supported you and Tyrith seemed more middle of the road, but I don't remember you being overly pushed yesterday.

I fear that this is my first game with Izulde, so I am trying to get used to his playing style some. If I was going to vote for someone quiet, there are many people I would vote before him. If I was going to vote for someone who I think has been very wrong about their votes I would vote Blade.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 08:18 AM   #1188
saldana
Pro Starter

i hate this game
Old 11-09-2006, 08:29 AM   #1189
st.cronin
General Manager

i had a feeling

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 08:33 AM   #1190
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
i had a feeling

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
i hate this game

I will avenge thee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 08:36 AM   #1191
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

so does anyone else find Saldana's signiture ironic?

Flawuria Huddlestump, hah !!!!!!!

oh yeah, i hate this game also.
Old 11-09-2006, 08:46 AM   #1192
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Well there goes the idea that only one darkness faction can kill folks
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 08:56 AM   #1193
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Anxiety, can you temporarily put aside the language rules? I'm not sure I can properly respond to that writeup without using some bad words.

Has there ever been a game where two characters were linked so closely that the killing of one triggered the death of the other? That seems fairly harsh.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 08:59 AM   #1194
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
Well there goes the idea that only one darkness faction can kill folks

I don't know about that. It happened pretty much like I said I expected it to. I stand by what i said a few days ago.

I think Sauron's forces get a kill every night and Saruman's side has some secondary bad guy roles including an assassination attempt that can be used either once, or once every few nights starting on night 3.

I do not see anything that changes my opinion on the matter. This went pretty much like I predicted.
Old 11-09-2006, 09:00 AM   #1195
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
Anxiety, can you temporarily put aside the language rules? I'm not sure I can properly respond to that writeup without using some bad words.

Has there ever been a game where two characters were linked so closely that the killing of one triggered the death of the other? That seems fairly harsh.

Sure, its a common thing in the Lover role. Often used with Brothers roles too. I died once this way because my "brother" got night killed and it took me out too.
Old 11-09-2006, 09:01 AM   #1196
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Dola, its basically like Romeo and Juliet. One loved the other so much that their death triggered their desire to not live anymore and they killed themselves also.

Thats the downside to the lover role. The upside is usually they can communicate via PM and share a CoT and thoughts on people.
Old 11-09-2006, 09:04 AM   #1197
SnDvls
Pro Starter

stick a fork in the villagers it's a long road for them now

good luck anyhow
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 09:08 AM   #1198
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Dola, its basically like Romeo and Juliet. One loved the other so much that their death triggered their desire to not live anymore and they killed themselves also.

Thats the downside to the lover role. The upside is usually they can communicate via PM and share a CoT and thoughts on people.

Interesting. I don't think I'd ever seen those in games I've been in.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 09:11 AM   #1199
Thomkal
Head Coach

Ugh, what a horrible night for us good guys. More interesting to me though than the people that were killed were the two that were not. Blade thought he might die last night and did not. And Schmidty acted like he had an important role to play for good and he wasn't killed either. Hmmmm....
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 09:46 AM   #1200
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I don't know about that. It happened pretty much like I said I expected it to. I stand by what i said a few days ago.

I think Sauron's forces get a kill every night and Saruman's side has some secondary bad guy roles including an assassination attempt that can be used either once, or once every few nights starting on night 3.

I do not see anything that changes my opinion on the matter. This went pretty much like I predicted.

I'm with Alan on this one. To me, it appears that st.cronin was killed by the Sauron forces (violent death) while Lathum's death screams black magic. I wonder if it just takes a couple of days for the magic to do its work, thus the only kill for Saruman.
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote