Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-28-2007, 08:54 PM   #1151
Marathoner
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
I'm taking off for a bit.

I would have liked to hear Marathoner's explanation for needing a bulletproof vest and the muscle magazines, but I think he is hoping it will pass over or get lost in Blade's soapbox moment of getting something right, which I'm sure we'll hear about for the rest of the game.

Vote Marathoner

I am also putting it out there that hoopsguy is an eccentric, but not a badguy. I will not switch my vote for judge from him, as I feel like he is on our side.

dola
actually I had to be away from my computer for the last 30 minutes, left it logged on. My response is above.
Marathoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 08:55 PM   #1152
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
Fair enough...i may have mispoke there...but i suspected you before the lynch so it matters little. Im not trying to lynch you yet, just saying your my top suspect for when i die. They will go after DT/Swaggs/hoops, and i dont want you to coast

may have ...no you did. you do realize it was 7-3 to lynch cronin over barkeep at one point you had 2 then (before hoops vote recap in post #1067) before it ended 5-5 tied wiht you and cronin
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 08:56 PM   #1153
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

an independent bodybuilder hmm?

sounds...remotely plausible i suppose. And it's not like my vote was going to stick anyways

UNVOTE MARATHONER

DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 08:56 PM   #1154
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
My gf just read this comment, looked at me, winked, and said, "if only they knew."

Remember, I don;t lie about rl stuff in WW.

Alright tantric master.

I'm gonna go gargle some mouthwash now, to get rid of the taste of vomit in my mouth.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 08:56 PM   #1155
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Funny you mention this.

Wouldn't the heir have a lot to gain from the mob boss dying?

Is it that far-fetched to consider that you recognized him as the mob boss and wanted him to die, so that you could take over?

As i said, then how do you account for my "annoying" attacks on him on day one as well? I targeted him from the outset, said all game long he was my top suspect by a long shot. By both mine and his accounts, i didnt meet him until this afternoon to see his ring.

Come on swaggs, you can do better then that
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 08:57 PM   #1156
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik View Post
If what you say is true, then it does sound like he's hired muscle. However, in my book, that doesn't make him evil.

you could have just outed the BG too...he'd be the only other person who would be reading those things.
Old 02-28-2007, 08:58 PM   #1157
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
may have ...no you did. you do realize it was 7-3 to lynch cronin over barkeep at one point you had 2 then (before hoops vote recap in post #1067) before it ended 5-5 tied wiht you and cronin

Im aware...your point? All your doing is starting your normal bloody mary defense when evil
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:01 PM   #1158
SnDvls
Pro Starter

you're just not worth it blade, I'll leave it at that
Old 02-28-2007, 09:01 PM   #1159
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
you could have just outed the BG too...he'd be the only other person who would be reading those things.

Are you saying I could have outed the BG? I wasn't the one digging in his trash.
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 09:02 PM   #1160
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
you're just not worth it blade, I'll leave it at that
Im not trying to pick a fight lol...dont worry, ill be killed and you will be safe
Demotivation
Old 02-28-2007, 09:02 PM   #1161
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Are you saying I could have outed the BG? I wasn't the one digging in his trash.

no not you swaggs...it seems marathoner also loosley hinted at that too.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:03 PM   #1162
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Come on swaggs, you can do better then that

Blade, it is remarks like this last one, that is both unneccesary and agitating, that make you one of my least favorite players to play WW with.

I won't stoop to your level and question your intelligence or logic in a game by saying things like "you can do better" when I come under fire, so I'm not going there with you, so I'd appreciate it if you would keep it clean in the game.

You have been spotted searching for rings and there is a tradition in mafia families for someone else to become the boss when the original boss dies. The boss just died and someone will ascend to power. It is far from unreasonable to think that someone's goal is to become the mafia boss.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:04 PM   #1163
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I am also putting it out there that hoopsguy is an eccentric, but not a badguy.

This goes back to what I said earlier about being afraid that hoopsguy could be a target of blackmail. If he's eccentric, that means he has some skeletons in his closet.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:07 PM   #1164
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
You have been spotted searching for rings and there is a tradition in mafia families for someone else to become the boss when the original boss dies. The boss just died and someone will ascend to power. It is far from unreasonable to think that someone's goal is to become the mafia boss.

What I don't understand is why the mafia heir would have to search for the mafia boss. Wouldn't he know who he needs to take out? I could see the boss not knowing who the heir is, but not the other way around.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:09 PM   #1165
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Blade, it is remarks like this last one, that is both unneccesary and agitating, that make you one of my least favorite players to play WW with.

I won't stoop to your level and question your intelligence or logic in a game by saying things like "you can do better" when I come under fire, so I'm not going there with you, so I'd appreciate it if you would keep it clean in the game.

See, if you explain it more it makes sense..your previous argument did not in my opinion. Im not playing to make friends right now, im playing to win. Sorry that your one of those im looking at, but you brought it upon yourself with your late swap then seemingly desperate role reveal. You dont have to like me, but im trying to find mafia and you continually questioning me after i just handed the the head of evil on day 2 is both frustrating and agitating. So you will hopefully forgive my comments, but i feel my frustration is based on quite a solid foundation.

If Alan will let me, ill use my day action right now i think
Demotivation
Old 02-28-2007, 09:10 PM   #1166
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
What I don't understand is why the mafia heir would have to search for the mafia boss. Wouldn't he know who he needs to take out? I could see the boss not knowing who the heir is, but not the other way around.

I don't even know if there is an "heir," but I'm guessing someone has to take over the roles of the boss. Is there a role description for one?
Old 02-28-2007, 09:12 PM   #1167
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
See, if you explain it more it makes sense..your previous argument did not in my opinion. Im not playing to make friends right now, im playing to win. Sorry that your one of those im looking at, but you brought it upon yourself with your late swap then seemingly desperate role reveal. You dont have to like me, but im trying to find mafia and you continually questioning me after i just handed the the head of evil on day 2 is both frustrating and agitating. So you will hopefully forgive my comments, but i feel my frustration is based on quite a solid foundation.

All players can enter their day 3 actions as of 9:01pm EST. After the immediate deadline, I usually have a list of various things I have to do in the game though, so most of them won't fire off immediately. At some point it will be done though in the order received (other than orders that can not execute until certain times)
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 09:16 PM   #1168
Blade6119
Coordinator

Then ive sent mine in...ill let yall know, or he will
Demotivation
Old 02-28-2007, 09:16 PM   #1169
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:

My role reveal wasn't in desperation or defense.

I think the mafia knows what I can do and I wanted to share what I have learned before the information is lost and prevent people from dumping on hoops for making a mistake.

I stand by my vote for Marathoner. My message clearly said "muscle" magazines. I had considered that he was a normal "thug" or the "ex special-ops," but the fact that I found a "muscle magazine," rather than a "Soldier of Fortune" or something like that, makes me feel fairly confident of my decision. I also think it would make my role pretty useless to put vagueries like that in my information, but perhaps it is possible. Regardless, I'm standing by my vote.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:19 PM   #1170
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I don't even know if there is an "heir," but I'm guessing someone has to take over the roles of the boss. Is there a role description for one?

I don't think there's a role description, but the Big City Herald mentioned the heir as one of the wealthiest people in the city.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:25 PM   #1171
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
I don't think there's a role description, but the Big City Herald mentioned the heir as one of the wealthiest people in the city.

I must have missed that when I was skimming through, but if that is based on how much cash folks have on hand and Blade is being honest about being pickpocketed, that would probably exclude him from being the heir.

My main point is that I do not think it clears everyone that voted for St. Cronin and damns everyone that voted for Blade, as there could have been some "insider" work done to clear the boss spot. But, I understand the jostling that is going on, as everyone wants to avoid the spotlight and the best way to do that is to point out when you are right. So be it.

I have little else to add right now, so I'll step back and get back to my job.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:32 PM   #1172
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I am glad that we got the mob boss. I have have a COT and it consists of Blade and Barkeep. I think Hoops as judge was not a great idea but it seems I am in the minority here.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 09:42 PM   #1173
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
I have have a COT and it consists of Blade and Barkeep.

Why Barkeep?
Old 02-28-2007, 09:47 PM   #1174
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Why Barkeep?
Because we put votes onto cronin at nearly the exact same time when there'd been little attention on cronin besides from Blade.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 09:48 PM   #1175
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I just got a pm from AlanT that said that I didn;t notice but one of my bullets went missing when I was kidnapped. I don't beleive that I can report that as a crime, since it was part of a crime I already reported.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 09:49 PM   #1176
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Forgot to mention, I bought bullets from the shop yesterdya and was going to try to make a profit on the underground with them, or in case I came across a gun.

Old 02-28-2007, 10:00 PM   #1177
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
Forgot to mention, I bought bullets from the shop yesterdya and was going to try to make a profit on the underground with them, or in case I came across a gun.

How many bullets did you buy?
Old 02-28-2007, 10:01 PM   #1178
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
How many bullets did you buy?

a dozen, I have 11 left

Old 02-28-2007, 10:03 PM   #1179
Swaggs
Coordinator

So, if you all were judge, what would you do right now?

Should he issue a search warrant or an arrest warrant for someone?
Old 02-28-2007, 10:13 PM   #1180
hoopsguy
General Manager

Good question, Swaggs. I was about to open up the floor to see where people would like to go with that.

I've got one search warrant and one arrest warrant available for Day 3. I'll use them each at some point tomorrow, but want people to chime in with their thoughts.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 10:15 PM   #1181
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

How do the warrants work? Do you issue them on your own account or do the detectives have to come to you first and ask for them?
Old 02-28-2007, 10:15 PM   #1182
hoopsguy
General Manager

As I read it, I can issue the warrants. Someone would have to act on them.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:19 PM   #1183
hoopsguy
General Manager

My gut would be to issue a search warrant against one of the people who voted for Blade6119.

Me - I know it is a wasted warrant
st.cronin - lynched
Swaggs - has revealed Janitor, so could confirm/deny
DaddyTorgo - have some info from Blade6119 about his ring
Bsak16 - runner-up in vote to Ntndeacon, but otherwise not much info at the moment
Old 02-28-2007, 10:19 PM   #1184
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Alan can we get clarification: does a detective need to request a warrant for it to be issued?
Old 02-28-2007, 10:20 PM   #1185
hoopsguy
General Manager

If people think that there were no Mafia votes late to try and save their boss, then I would like to hear the logic behind that thought process as well.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:22 PM   #1186
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Alan can we get clarification: does a detective need to request a warrant for it to be issued?

A judge can issue a bench warrant at any time on his own. The detectives as part of their role may put in a request for a particular type or warrant in addition to their normal daily actions if they wish or feel they have some info from a crime scene that they would like to further investigate. The judge is not bound to approve those warrants just yet though and can issue his own instead if he chooses.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:22 PM   #1187
hoopsguy
General Manager

From the detective description in the rules:
Quote:
2) Search location [With which player's home to search] (Requires proper search warrant from the judge)
3) Make arrest [with which player to arrest] (Requires proper arrest warrant from the judge).

This is in keeping with my PM. I issue the warrant, and the detective(s) act on it within 24 hours if they want to execute that order. If they don't like the order, they can ignore it and my warrant expires.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:24 PM   #1188
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Ok to further clarify the entire process:

Detectives can search crime scene, find evidence and request a specific type of warrant based on the evidence they have found.

Judge can Either approve the detective's request for a warrant, or issue his own instead

A detective can choose to follow through with the judge's warrant if they have any actions left that day (otherwise they can the next day as long as the warrant has not expired), or they can do a different action that day
Old 02-28-2007, 10:31 PM   #1189
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Ok that clarification confused me slightly. Step one, involving the detective, is optional, correct? I mean hoops could issue an arrest warrant for either or both of the attacks against him, without a peep from the detectives? These detectives could then choose to (or not to) carry that warrant out. Is that correct?
Old 02-28-2007, 10:34 PM   #1190
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Ok that clarification confused me slightly. Step one, involving the detective, is optional, correct? I mean hoops could issue an arrest warrant for either or both of the attacks against him, without a peep from the detectives? These detectives could then choose to (or not to) carry that warrant out. Is that correct?

Correct
Old 02-28-2007, 10:46 PM   #1191
hoopsguy
General Manager

Marathoner, did you have any indication that Swaggs would have knowledge on you? Based on your earlier reaction I'm guessing the answer is no ...

I could also cast a search warrant here, but right now I haven't seen any reason to doubt Swaggs' info. Not sure what this would prove. I could make him an arrest warrant if an earlier search comes up clean and we have enough law dogs to act on both warrants.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:01 PM   #1192
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

well I know a warrant on me would be wasted. You won't find anything interesting. Just me being stupid and swayed by your crazy theory hoops.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 11:03 PM   #1193
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Why Barkeep?

Barkeep made a comment about mafiosos being notorius for wearing jewelry...when cronin came up evil, barkeep immediately entered my COT(which ironically included just him then).
Demotivation
Old 02-28-2007, 11:08 PM   #1194
hoopsguy
General Manager

Blade6119, your thoughts on the candidates I posted for a search warrant? Or do you have alternatives (SnDvls?) that you would prefer?

I'm fine with anyone chiming in, but I have a sneaking suspicion that I'll enjoy two-way conversations with this man. And muttering to yourself is no way to go through life, let me tell you.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:09 PM   #1195
Blade6119
Coordinator

Sndvls had a simple silver band, not a gold one like DT. So we have another difference. If you want to be technical, we likely are looking for bad rings now(thugs left). I dont know which way to interpret this information.
Demotivation
Old 02-28-2007, 11:13 PM   #1196
kingfc22
Head Coach

I like Swaggs for the search warrant. He was one of the guys to vote Blade late and he has claimed a role. Should be easy to tell if his heart is in the right place or he is just in it for the cash and diamonds that mafiosos love so much.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:16 PM   #1197
kingfc22
Head Coach

Just noticed something in the Cronin death scene. It states he was stabbed by someone in the mob. I'm gonna go out on a limb that the person that bought the knife yesterday is on the side of good.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:16 PM   #1198
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
do we want to challenge him on this or take the power from him now by mixing it up?

if he's lying he goes anyhow
if he's telling the truth and the #2 guy goes we need to be sure that we believe #2 is bad too.
This was a big reason why i picked sndvls for todays action. It came after he voted cronin, and seemed to be to be a subtle move to save cronin in a sense. Cronin has just claimed to be able to duke the lynch, and this to me seemed a subtle way to move people away from cronin(and it was a pretty close lynch then too, tied with JE i think..not positive on that though).
Demotivation
Old 02-28-2007, 11:19 PM   #1199
kingfc22
Head Coach

Also, what do we think of Tyrith? Is he a goner or do we have a chance to rescue him?
Old 02-28-2007, 11:19 PM   #1200
hoopsguy
General Manager

SnDvls didn't put up a fight when you scoped his ring?