Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-18-2009, 01:07 PM   #1151
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
The question is how many people in the general public will actually watch minus the Kimbo hype.

This is the main problem. If you don't already have an idea of MMA, most people don't know who Fedor is. I am curious how the rating is once this airs. I do think they'll get all the MMA fans, but it's the casual observer I am not sure about.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 09:43 PM   #1152
DeToxRox
Head Coach

So far two dominating performances at 104.

Rumble Johnson with a quick KO which and then Joe Stevenson gets a stoppage on Fisher with a crucifix and a bunch of huge elbows in succession.
Old 10-24-2009, 11:18 PM   #1153
Calis
College Starter

Beautiful first round for Shogun. I'd give anything if he could pull this off.

Not holding my breath obviously.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 11:44 PM   #1154
Calis
College Starter

Worst decision I've ever seen.

That is just absolutely awful.

Kind of crap that ruined boxing. Can't even express how angry I am.
Old 10-24-2009, 11:45 PM   #1155
Recoil
High School Varsity

WTF
Recoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 11:46 PM   #1156
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I love Machida. Absolutely love him, but that was highway robbery.

Dana is sporting wood now because he has his rematch that will be a huge draw.
Old 10-24-2009, 11:47 PM   #1157
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Rua just got fucking ROBBED.
Old 10-24-2009, 11:47 PM   #1158
MrKordell
n00b

There better be a damn rematch. What a load of crap
MrKordell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 11:51 PM   #1159
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I had that 4-1 Shogun. I could see maybe giving Machida the 5th round, not a whole lot happened but that's it.

I have a bad feeling Machida is gonna KO Shogun in the rematch should Shogun get it. I just can't see Machida getting tooled twice in a row.
Old 10-25-2009, 12:01 AM   #1160
TLK
Pro Starter

I have no problem with the decision.

it saved my parlay.
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 12:14 AM   #1161
Recoil
High School Varsity

I love Machida, but he got worked. Judges must have had money on this fight.
Old 10-25-2009, 01:07 AM   #1162
TLK
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machida:
I didn't get aggressive mid-fight because I wanted to save my energy to explode in 5th round

Well... that's a horrible strategy.
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 11:56 AM   #1163
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Just watched Dream 12 on the DVR. Not a bad card. Overeem absolutely murdered in the Main Event though, that was a joke.
Old 10-25-2009, 08:47 PM   #1164
Travis
Pro Rookie

I'll say the same thing here that I said to the people I watched the PPV last night, the first three rounds were a coin flip. I can't imagine any judges gave either of the last two rounds to Machida, but I'm not terribly surprised by the decision. I thought he definitely had one of those rounds and would likely have 2 of the 3 on most score cards. I'm a bit surprised he got all 3 on each judges card, but that is the text book reason why you have to finish guys and Hua didn't do that.

Great fight on his part and I feel he did win, but just another example of why finishing a fight is so damn important. I'm very curious to see if he comes in with a similar game plan for the rematch (assuming that'll be their next fights respectively) as Machida hasn't really ever had to over come anybody challenging him like this, so should be interesting to see what he tries to adjust as well.

Fantastic fight though, watching those two exchange sick body kicks for 5 rounds was just unreal. A bit surprised Machida didn't push the fight more later to try and save his title (I can only assume he didn't feel confident in out scoring Hua), but I think a large part of that is just how effective Hua's kicks were and how little Machida could push off to try and catch Hua.
Old 10-26-2009, 03:34 PM   #1165
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Brock is out of 106 with allegedly having Swine Flu.

Quote:
Brock Lesnar pulls out of UFC 106 title defense with Shane Carwin due to illness
by Dann Stupp on Oct 26, 2009 at 4:05 pm ET
An illness has forced UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar (4-1 MMA, 3-1 UFC) out of the UFC 106 main event and a planned title fight with Shane Carwin (11-0 MMA, 3-0 UFC).

The news was first reported by Yahoo! Sports, and a source within Carwin's camp confirmed with MMAjunkie.com they were aware of the change.

According to the report, which stated Lesnar has been sick and unable to train for nearly a month, the UFC has not determined a replacement fight to headline the show, which takes place Nov. 21 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas.
Old 10-26-2009, 03:37 PM   #1166
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Dola, just read Dana doesn't think it's Swine Flu but Brock's been sick over 3 weeks.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:25 PM   #1167
Travis
Pro Rookie

That sucks, I was *really* looking forward to that fight. I'm really hoping Dana just postpones the fight and doesn't make Carwin fight somebody else. I'd rather see that fight sooner than later and I'm hoping this might only push it back a couple months rather than 4-6 if Carwin takes on another opponent (plus any potential medical suspensions).
Old 10-26-2009, 05:59 PM   #1168
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Looks like it's being rescheduled for Jan 2nd (UFC 108).

Last edited by sovereignstar : 10-26-2009 at 06:00 PM.
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 06:01 PM   #1169
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

So who wants to call bullshit on this illness?
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 06:19 PM   #1170
General Mike
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar View Post
Looks like it's being rescheduled for Jan 2nd (UFC 108).

Yay! My birthday
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 06:26 PM   #1171
Calis
College Starter

Dana apparently said right after that Forrest vs. Tito would now be the headliner for 106.

That's uhhh..pretty terrible.

I guess both guys are popular so that might still make them some good money but from a competitive standpoint that's pretty weak.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:11 AM   #1172
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Sherdog reporting that both fighters have confirmed:

At 106, added just now as a Co-Headliner, Josh Koscheck vs Rumble Johnson.

That is a sick, sick, sick fight.
Old 10-28-2009, 05:00 AM   #1173
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

UFC 108 just got insane with the Lesnar Carwin fight moved.

Lesnar v Carwin for Heavyweight Title
Anderson Silva v Belfort for Middleweight Title
Evans v Thiago Silva
Gonzaga v Dos Santos

Old 10-28-2009, 11:32 AM   #1174
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
UFC 108 just got insane with the Lesnar Carwin fight moved.

Lesnar v Carwin for Heavyweight Title
Anderson Silva v Belfort for Middleweight Title
Evans v Thiago Silva
Gonzaga v Dos Santos

Dana said he wants Machiga/Shogun II at 108 which would obviously mean the Silva/Belfort fight would be pushed back.

Regardless of how it works out, they're going to wind up with 4 title fights on 3 shows it looks like.

Just crazyness.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:05 PM   #1175
Travis
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Dana said he wants Machiga/Shogun II at 108 which would obviously mean the Silva/Belfort fight would be pushed back.

Regardless of how it works out, they're going to wind up with 4 title fights on 3 shows it looks like.

Just crazyness.

Just read that Machida has a 60 day medical suspension so I can't imagine the rematch will happen that fast unless he gets doctors clearance almost immediately. Even if neither the Machida or Silva fights end up on 108 it's still a stacked card and if both of those fights end up on 109 or 110, well, immediately makes that a stacked lineup as well.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:58 PM   #1176
JS19
College Prospect

Are these guys serious (TUF)? Does Dana White and co. do any kind of screening process to see if these guys are even in any kind of shape to fight, let alone even capable of fighting?
JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 03:08 AM   #1177
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS19 View Post
Are these guys serious (TUF)? Does Dana White and co. do any kind of screening process to see if these guys are even in any kind of shape to fight, let alone even capable of fighting?

In other news, after watching many of the post TUF pressers I knew it had to happen sometime, and I guess we can finally nail down THIS as the episode where Dana's head officially got all lumpy.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 07:46 PM   #1178
AlexB
Pro Starter

Just watched TUF over here, and the Mitrione/Junk fight was a joke - and Dana White was all 'OMFG' between rounds? Ok - they both showed heart, but I've never seen two guys so out of shape in pro sports in that length of time. It was just plain bad.
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 10:57 PM   #1179
judicial clerk
College Benchwarmer

I think it is a combination of things. First, I think MMA fighters look better when the fight is shown with high production values instead of the way they do it on tuf. Second, I think these guys are nervous and suffering from an adrenaline dump. Third, these guys are big and it is a lot of weight to push around as compared to other weightclasses. Either way, they almost all look like amatures who have not been training.
judicial clerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 01:56 AM   #1180
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

I can't belive Shogun got robbed so fucking badly. I think it was fixed. That was a fuck over. If I was Shogun , I sure wouldn't want a rematch, I'd go fight in japan. Fuck the UFC if I was him
Old 11-04-2009, 09:52 AM   #1181
PilotMan
Head Coach

Showtime released their lead-in for this Saturday's fight on MMA weekly. Here it is:

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 11:01 AM   #1182
BYU 14
Coordinator

Fedor is just so poised its almost scary. Rogers can hurt him, but he throws his punches way too wide. I can see him backing Fedor up early, getting wild and catching a right hand from Fedor right down the pipe, then lights out.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 12:25 PM   #1183
BYU 14
Coordinator

Dola, did anyone else notice how unappealing Fedors dinner looked, you're the Champ, throw some steak in the mix.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:42 PM   #1184
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i hate when fucking videos don't embed - wtf is the solution to that anyways?

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 11-04-2009 at 12:42 PM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 04:34 PM   #1185
PilotMan
Head Coach

Rogers is going to press the fight, and try and rattle him and control the fight. But Fedor, is so composed, smart and patient, that it won't matter. They will clinch up and Fedor will throw him. If Rogers ends up on his back for any amount of time it's over. His coaches didn't look all that worried about anything that they saw. Very much a feeling of "been there, done that."

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 09:13 PM   #1186
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Big Nog vs Valasaquez at 108, but now it looks like Brock vs Carwin is off 108 again as Brock apparently has mono.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:22 PM   #1187
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Rogers is going to press the fight, and try and rattle him and control the fight. But Fedor, is so composed, smart and patient, that it won't matter. They will clinch up and Fedor will throw him. If Rogers ends up on his back for any amount of time it's over. His coaches didn't look all that worried about anything that they saw. Very much a feeling of "been there, done that."

They did like his shorts and his Haircut though.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:54 PM   #1188
DeToxRox
Head Coach

TUF spoiler for tonight for the Left Coasters:

Spoiler
Old 11-04-2009, 10:05 PM   #1189
DeToxRox
Head Coach

More spoilers, Quarterfinals inside:

Spoiler
Old 11-04-2009, 10:24 PM   #1190
JS19
College Prospect

Finally, somebody that looks like they know what their doing. This Davis guy looks as though he knows what he's doing when he gets to the ground... avoids the trip, goes straight for an armbar, loses top position and is still able to get an armbar. Pretty sure he'd get knocked out real quick by a real UFC fighter, based on what he showed standing up tonight, but at least he looked like a guy who knows what's up.
JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 07:18 PM   #1191
dervack
College Prospect

I might end up going to the Strikeforce card, for an event T-Shirt. A guy can't go and all he wants for his ticket might just be a shirt. Need to talk to him tomorrow.
dervack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 07:24 PM   #1192
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dervack View Post
I might end up going to the Strikeforce card, for an event T-Shirt. A guy can't go and all he wants for his ticket might just be a shirt. Need to talk to him tomorrow.

to see fedor? you fucking better go!
Old 11-07-2009, 12:06 AM   #1193
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

it's almost fedor-time!!!! i'm pumped!!

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 11-07-2009 at 12:07 AM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 07:21 AM   #1194
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
it's almost fedor-time!!!! i'm pumped!!

I am looking forward to this as well as it is a solid card. Shields / Miller could be a classic and Moussasi is a machine. I watched the weigh ins on HDnet last night and Rogers had to cut to get under 265. I would not be surprised if he enters the ring with a 45-50 lb weight advantage on Fedor. That could be a wildcard if he is able to bully him around, but then again he has to get close enough to do that without getting starched on the way in.
Old 11-07-2009, 10:11 AM   #1195
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Predictions tonight ..

Mousasi over Sokoudjou via Manslaughter. This is going to be just ugly. Sokoudjou is solid too but Mousasi is the best 205 in the world outside of Machida and Shogun (assuming the Shogun from last month is here to stay)

Miller over Shields via decision. Shields is good but I think he is a tad overrated and I think Mayhem is going to do enough to win a decision.

Big Foot Silva over Werdum via Stoppage. Werdum is not that great and Silva is a monster. I think he'll take Werdum down in the second round and get the stoppage.

Rogers over Fedor via Stoppage. Yes, this is a pick with my heart not my head. Fedor is prone to making mistakes but is so good that if you don't capitalize on that mistake as it happens and end it, you just won't win. I think Rogers is able to tag him and get on him quick enough for a stoppage. If this fight makes it to the ground any other way though then Rogers is through.

I think there will be two first round stops (Mousasi and the Main) and only one likely to hit a decision (Miller/Shields)

Should be a fun card.
Old 11-07-2009, 11:59 AM   #1196
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
I am looking forward to this as well as it is a solid card. Shields / Miller could be a classic and Moussasi is a machine. I watched the weigh ins on HDnet last night and Rogers had to cut to get under 265. I would not be surprised if he enters the ring with a 45-50 lb weight advantage on Fedor. That could be a wildcard if he is able to bully him around, but then again he has to get close enough to do that without getting starched on the way in.

i'm not worried. fedor's fought big guys who could strike before.

moussasi is awesome
Old 11-07-2009, 12:05 PM   #1197
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I have never streamed any tv show off the internet live, or any show period for that matter. However tonight I will be away from a TV but infront of a computer and was wondering if anyone had any idea of a place where I could stream the CBS live broadcast online?
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 12:11 PM   #1198
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
I have never streamed any tv show off the internet live, or any show period for that matter. However tonight I will be away from a TV but infront of a computer and was wondering if anyone had any idea of a place where I could stream the CBS live broadcast online?

Your best bet is going to channelsurfing.net come 9 PM and there will be links there. I am sure some will go out but they will be refreshed throughout the night.
Old 11-07-2009, 12:19 PM   #1199
Recoil
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post

Download SopCast and tune into MMA-TV (channel # 24267)
Old 11-07-2009, 12:20 PM   #1200
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recoil View Post
Download SopCast and tune into MMA-TV (channel # 24267)

This is probably your best bet since it will be a very good stream. I didn't even think about SopCast at the time.