Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-08-2007, 09:37 PM   #1151
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

*sigh* no hoops I will not be voting for you tomorrow

I really think that we should look at Render tomorrow.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 09:38 PM   #1152
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

My Cot is small but includes Barkeep and Pass... and it frustrates me that you are still looking at me Pass... we aren't for sure that hoops is good
Old 07-08-2007, 09:38 PM   #1153
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
Why are you feeling better about chief? He voted for ardent when it looked like he had nobody following him. Tomorrow we should look at Render and C.R.

You're looking at CR? That seems pretty weird, since he was the one pretty much responsible for getting ardent for us.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 09:39 PM   #1154
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
My Cot is small but includes Barkeep and Pass... and it frustrates me that you are still looking at me Pass... we aren't for sure that hoops is good

No, it's not a sure thing that hoops is good, but it's hard to see hoops as a wolf, helping to set up a run on AE to get lynched.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:40 PM   #1155
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
You're looking at CR? That seems pretty weird, since he was the one pretty much responsible for getting ardent for us.

He was responsible for voting for somebody when it looked like Hoops was definitely a goner. He didn't know that 4 other people would follow his lead and vote him too.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:41 PM   #1156
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
No, it's not a sure thing that hoops is good, but it's hard to see hoops as a wolf, helping to set up a run on AE to get lynched.

Looks to me like he was saving his own butt instead of voting for somebody he thought was a wolf
Old 07-08-2007, 09:42 PM   #1157
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
I am not. he admits he was throwing a lone vote out there on someone he believed to be good. In fact iwill go as far to say that there was little improvement of trust values for all of us who voted for AE...(even though we got a wolf) Barkeep and Pass were already thought of as good by most. Chief's own admission of his belief of AE's goodness. It could be said hoops was saving his skin. and it looks as if I was just following hoops lead.

Well, actually, it's more accurate to say I didn't have a stronger feeling of wolfishness from AE than I did from hoops or LSG or path, some of the other candidates under consideration. I didn't feel great about AE's goodness at all; I just thoughyt he was likely a villager, just like I thought all of those others were likely villagers, too, in a pessimistic sorta way.

To say I felt AE was "good" would be overstating it very significantly.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 09:42 PM   #1158
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Looks to me like he was saving his own butt instead of voting for somebody he thought was a wolf

If I were AE, and hoops was a fellow wolf and offed me to save his own butt, I'd be pissed. If I were AE, I'd be wanting hoops to get rid of another villager or take one for the team himself, rather than expecting me to.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:43 PM   #1159
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

LSG and I have been over this. She's the new Fouts.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:43 PM   #1160
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I agree that Hoops is good. he has been pretty consistent in my view the entire game.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 09:45 PM   #1161
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I really can't decide what I think about CR.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 09:45 PM   #1162
Passacaglia
Coordinator

nite all
Old 07-08-2007, 09:48 PM   #1163
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
I agree that Hoops is good. he has been pretty consistent in my view the entire game.

What game are you watching?
Old 07-08-2007, 09:48 PM   #1164
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Well, actually, it's more accurate to say I didn't have a stronger feeling of wolfishness from AE than I did from hoops or LSG or path, some of the other candidates under consideration. I didn't feel great about AE's goodness at all; I just thoughyt he was likely a villager, just like I thought all of those others were likely villagers, too, in a pessimistic sorta way.

To say I felt AE was "good" would be overstating it very significantly.

but why not vote for someone you thought WAS a wolf. You had to have seen that AE was low on several trust lists. DOnt get me wrong in hind sight it is a great move, but looking when we were, voting for who you believed to be a wolf could have had the same results. I dont know who you suspected, but even then you are at least voting out percieved evil. you got lucky this time but what about next time?
Old 07-08-2007, 09:48 PM   #1165
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
He was responsible for voting for somebody when it looked like Hoops was definitely a goner. He didn't know that 4 other people would follow his lead and vote him too.

LSG, when I switched my vote out, the vote was Hoops 4, Path 4 (before I switched off of path). Hoops was not a goner. We didn't know what was going on. We didn't even know at that point that hoops had miscounted ntn's vote as being on path.

When I voted for AE, it wasn't to vote for AE--it was to swith off of Path. I had no interest in getting AE lynched, any more than the others I had some suspicions about. I was looking to see what would happen if hoops became the lynch target. Would wolves try to save him by moving to path? Or put the nail in his coffin by moving to him (if they weren't already there)?

As BK pointed out so often, we were close to an endgame sort of situation. I went to a desperate measure to try to root someone out.

So, no, hoops was not a "goner" when I switched to AE. Far from it. It was all very much in the air.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:49 PM   #1166
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I think that I am going to be dead tonight.... Part of me wants to mix some of the ingredients I have and see what happens but part of me wants to hand out all of my stuff... Any suggestions?
Old 07-08-2007, 09:50 PM   #1167
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'll wait for tomorrow to figure out how I feel about people, assuming that I'm still here. But I want to make sure that the wolves know I don't have jack anymore - I gave it away tonight to make sure I controlled where it went. So if you come for me it is to shut me up, not to get all the stuff that I've never found in the damn kitchen.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 09:50 PM   #1168
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Too many games have I died with an arsenal full of stuff... I really dont want that to happen again, and since we can't pass items at night... I might not have a choice
Old 07-08-2007, 09:50 PM   #1169
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:

this one.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:52 PM   #1170
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

LOL, I agree with you 100% on this one
Old 07-08-2007, 09:53 PM   #1171
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Okay, hoops, since I trust you a little bit more now... should i throw all my ingredients together in the glass bowl I have or risk losing it to the wolves when/if I die tonight?
Old 07-08-2007, 09:53 PM   #1172
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

and Barkeep is being awfully quiet right now
Old 07-08-2007, 09:54 PM   #1173
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
but why not vote for someone you thought WAS a wolf. You had to have seen that AE was low on several trust lists. DOnt get me wrong in hind sight it is a great move, but looking when we were, voting for who you believed to be a wolf could have had the same results. I dont know who you suspected, but even then you are at least voting out percieved evil. you got lucky this time but what about next time?

Next time is next time, ntn. Half of WW is luck anyway. If a hitter is looking for a curve on a 3-2 count and gets frozen out by a dead heater, but the pitch misses to the outside and he gets a walk, is the result any less critical because the hitter guessed wrong and just got lucky?

I have been unlucky plenty of times in WW. I won't apologize for when I do get lucky.

And by the by, I couldn't switch to a more desaerving WW. You see, there were none. I didn't trust one damn lot of you other than BK and Pass. And I didn't distrust any of you more than the others. You're all wolves in my book (except those forementioned).

I chose AE as the possibly lead wolf candidate from my AE-NTN (sorry)-Render post not long before my switch. So he was fresh in my mind.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:59 PM   #1174
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
and Barkeep is being awfully quiet right now

To be honest, I think the end of that deadline screwed with his head big time. I can understand wanting to take some time to think things through right now.

You're all hearing from right now really because I tend to do a lot of thinking aloud.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:59 PM   #1175
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Okay, hoops, since I trust you a little bit more now... should i throw all my ingredients together in the glass bowl I have or risk losing it to the wolves when/if I die tonight?

If they come for you tonight that means they would be leaving multiple players out there with some level of trust. I don't know what they have in terms of items right now, but unless you have something that is critical for them I would expect them to go after the emerging CoT over items.

I've got more thoughts on this, but I would prefer not to help them too much with their strategy for this evening.
Old 07-08-2007, 10:36 PM   #1176
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Next time is next time, ntn. Half of WW is luck anyway. If a hitter is looking for a curve on a 3-2 count and gets frozen out by a dead heater, but the pitch misses to the outside and he gets a walk, is the result any less critical because the hitter guessed wrong and just got lucky?

I have been unlucky plenty of times in WW. I won't apologize for when I do get lucky.

And by the by, I couldn't switch to a more desaerving WW. You see, there were none. I didn't trust one damn lot of you other than BK and Pass. And I didn't distrust any of you more than the others. You're all wolves in my book (except those forementioned).

I chose AE as the possibly lead wolf candidate from my AE-NTN (sorry)-Render post not long before my switch. So he was fresh in my mind.

That is what iwasn't getting Chief that there wasn't a real wolf candidate. I would have been less questioning about it if you had not harped on the fact that you felt he was a villager.
Old 07-08-2007, 10:50 PM   #1177
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Hrmph I really want to blow stuff up but guess I will hold off till tomorrow
Old 07-08-2007, 11:49 PM   #1178
st.cronin
General Manager

Well, that was fascinating to watch from the sidelines.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 01:32 AM   #1179
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

If I am still alive, I will be back tomorrow afternoon, two to three hours before deadline.

I took a quick look at AE's votes. I recommend others do so as well to get a thorough idea of how things went.

On Day One, AE was one of the final No Kill votes. The vote was pretty much decided by then. On Day Two, he voted for Izulde, relatively early. On Day Three, he was the final vote on Lathum in Friday night's little deadline fiasco. You could argue he thought he was putting it into a tie of Lathum for BK, not knowing Swaggs at that same moment switched from BK to Lathum to make it 6-4 Lathum. Without the switch, it would be 5-5. Not saying BK is a wolf, just noting what happened. BK is still one of my most trusted.

I did not go into middle of the day patterns or switches, so someone may want to go more in depth.

My top candidate is Render, as aforementioned. After him, I like NTN, LSG and maybe path for the third wolves.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:31 AM   #1180
Passacaglia
Coordinator

We still don't know what happens in a tie, right? Maybe he was trying to get two villagers lynched at once?
Old 07-09-2007, 06:36 AM   #1181
hoopsguy
General Manager

Alan, what happens in the result of a tie?
Old 07-09-2007, 06:42 AM   #1182
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Alan, what happens in the result of a tie?

If nothing magical is able to resolve the dispute, then cooler heads will just have to prevail until the next day to continue the discussion where you left off.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 07:37 AM   #1183
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Just want to get this out in case I die -- due to the eternal bond potion, I learned that LSG is good.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:39 AM   #1184
hoopsguy
General Manager

Outstanding news, Pass. I've been sending Alan a bunch of PMs asking him if I could research that potion tonight so we could know what exactly it did.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:00 AM   #1185
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Today the day starts in much higher spirits, having found and killed one of the sect members causes everyone to be upbeat as they show up for the morning. The happiness is quickly erased however as it is very apparent that once again one of you did not show up for the evening. Passacaglia has not joined you all for breakfast! Making your way through the rooms, you stumble across the horrible sight that is his dead body in the library.

Laying there on the floor, face up is Passacaglia with a huge hole through his stomach, a chair stabbed through his midsection and a closed tome with a bloody knife stabbed into it. No one ever said that studying was so hazardous to one's health!

Day 5 has now begun! Deadline for day 5 is tonight at 10pm EST.

During this day you may do the following:

1) Vote for a player that you feel is a sect member to kill. (post in the thread)
2) Vote for no kill at all. (Post in the thread)
3) Pass an item, ingredient, potion or magical item to another player (PM me with the information.)
4) Attempt to create a new potion or magical item (PM me with the ingredients and/or items you wish to use in your recipe)
5) Drink a potion (PM me)
6) Throw a potion at someone else (PM me, results will be publically shown in the thread at the end of the day.)

I have not sent out individual night PMs from last night as of yet, so do not be alarmed if you have not received one. I posted this first so the game can continue on schedule. I will send out night pms starting now. In addition, I will remind everyone of what is officially in their inventory in tonight's PM.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:15 AM   #1186
RendeR
Coordinator

Hrm, sorry Pass. Hoops was dead on when he thought the wolves would take out someone in the emerging CoT last night. Pass has been a driving force and it makes sense they'd take him down.

Great game dude.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 08:19 AM   #1187
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Well I'm glad that we didn't lose LSG when Pass got killed. Not quite as eternal, huh?

So on the good guy side I have for today:
Barkeep, LSG, and Chief

That means that among the remaining players there are two wolves:
Hoops, Render, ntn, and path

I like those odds. I am leaning towards saying the final two wolves are Render and path based on Render's willingness to use my suspicion of LSG as a cover to vote for her. We now know, thanks to Pass, that she was good so he was essentially looking for some justification from a somewhat trusted villager, me, to vote for a now known villager. My suspicion of path has been previously stated. I think I could also be convinced to vote for ntn, however he voted for AE yesterday which to me earns him the benefit of the doubt. I think it's far more likely that all the wolves voted for hoops and with LSG, again being cleared via Pass, that leaves the two suspects I named above.

So I'll go ahead and throw out a vote, again, for path. But I would gladly switch to Render

Vote path
Old 07-09-2007, 08:20 AM   #1188
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Hrm, sorry Pass. Hoops was dead on when he thought the wolves would take out someone in the emerging CoT last night. Pass has been a driving force and it makes sense they'd take him down.

Great game dude.
I hope you would be sorry for murdering someone. It's good to know that the evil sect members have some conscience left.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:26 AM   #1189
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I hope you would be sorry for murdering someone. It's good to know that the evil sect members have some conscience left.

Dude, your previous post is wrong in that I used you as a reason for voting for LSG, I've stated all along I never had a reason beyond my gut feelings to vote for her, thankfully I was wrong about that and LSG has proven to be a villager.

As for murdering Pass...I'm just...ew...slicing open? CHAIRS? and I'd never stab a book, books are sacred! GAH!

Frustration.....mounting....Must....calm....down.....
Old 07-09-2007, 08:34 AM   #1190
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I figured it was my time. Maybe now I can get some work done...nah, I know I'll be in here all day, cheering you guys on. Good luck, village!
Old 07-09-2007, 08:37 AM   #1191
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Thank goodness I was cleared before he died. We were both worried that if one of us died, the other would too... I am surprised they didn't go after me though
Old 07-09-2007, 08:37 AM   #1192
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I guess what I'd be most curious to hear is if we believe that all of the wolves would have voted on hoops to protect Ardent. Given how close they were to winning, I would say yes. If we think the answer is no that does open up the field slightly. Of course the answer could be yes except that hoops was also a wolf and we just were rocking it out yesterday. But I maintain that I don't think hoops is a wolf.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:37 AM   #1193
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Has anybody gotten their pm from last night yet? I am still waiting mine... and the title needs to be changed Alant
Old 07-09-2007, 08:38 AM   #1194
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I am not 100% cleared on Hoops yet... But I would rather go after Render today and hoops tomorrow.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:39 AM   #1195
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Has anybody gotten their pm from last night yet? I am still waiting mine... and the title needs to be changed Alant

They're coming, they're coming! I have to update a few things still. Want to get these pms out first though
Old 07-09-2007, 08:40 AM   #1196
RendeR
Coordinator

Nothing for me yet, I spent the night in the Kitchen, my overnight PM's keep telling me I will find something if I keep trying. Hoping to get lucky today.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:45 AM   #1197
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

ok, anyone who should receive a PM has gotten one by now. If you feel you should have received one but didn't, let me know!
Old 07-09-2007, 08:46 AM   #1198
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Barkeep are you on? You will want to hear this?
Old 07-09-2007, 08:47 AM   #1199
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Barkeep are you on? You will want to hear this?
I'm on.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:48 AM   #1200
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I found two items last night, a cactus bulb and a yellow flower. Anyone know if that makes a potion? If not I'm willing to give them away.