Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-09-2007, 09:55 PM   #1151
path12
Coordinator

Haven't been around much this weekend and frankly am too tired to analyze right now. I'm not sure where we go at this point without resolving the MrBug question, so:

VOTE MRBUG
Old 09-09-2007, 10:10 PM   #1152
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Haven't been around much this weekend and frankly am too tired to analyze right now. I'm not sure where we go at this point without resolving the MrBug question, so:

VOTE MRBUG

What question?
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 10:12 PM   #1153
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
What question?

My guess would be the question that is on all of us, villager or wolf as we've really only got one true clear player and then a couple that are likely cleared.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 10:15 PM   #1154
MrBug708
Head Coach

Wolves is Villagers clothing sadly
Old 09-09-2007, 10:24 PM   #1155
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Out for the night, will try to check-in around the deadline but no guarantees as we have a faculty meeting I have to attend.
Old 09-09-2007, 10:49 PM   #1156
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
What about a conditional order? I allowed conditional orders based on the results of a lynch (i.e. whether or not a player was revealed as good or bad) in the game I ran. It made sense to me -- if we weren't on a 24-hour deadline, the person would have known the results with plenty of time to think about it.

So you think the wolves sent in a "in case Neon is actually not the seer, but doing an unexpected fake reveal as a villager, please convert Neon" order?
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 10:55 PM   #1157
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
I assume this is the post you are talking about, but how you get there from your assumption about Neon is totally invisible to me.

Most of the people off of the list either had a vote in on Neon at the point of his reveal, or were targeted by Neon when he tried to save himself or were proven later on by death or action they have taken. Everyone left off has some connection to Neon in the Day One vote. If you have anyone specific you want to question me about, go ahead, although not sure what the point is since you don't accept the key element in my sorting (Neon being an original wolf).
Old 09-09-2007, 11:00 PM   #1158
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Most of the people off of the list either had a vote in on Neon at the point of his reveal, or were targeted by Neon when he tried to save himself or were proven later on by death or action they have taken. Everyone left off has some connection to Neon in the Day One vote. If you have anyone specific you want to question me about, go ahead, although not sure what the point is since you don't accept the key element in my sorting (Neon being an original wolf).

This is not true, since I at least had a vote on Neon at the time of his reveal. What I would like you to explain is what you think happened on day 1. I don't understand your theory, at all.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 11:03 PM   #1159
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
But the thing is -- doesn't this seem like a Goth play? Reveal as the seer -- late so that the real seer can't reveal and the bodyguard can't defend you, then the wolves try to kill you? Also, didn't someone say he wasn't even the lead vote-getter at the time?

But tons of people were around. We had over 20 players and it was Day One. You couldn't count on the seer and BG not being around. And then you were also asking for the wolves to also reach this conclusion and go after you. There's just too much multi-level thinking going on here, and too much assumptions going on. I find it difficult to believe so many people are thinking this way AND making decisions that assume others are thinking that way.

And, actually, he was the leading votegetter at the time. I still say this is Occam's Razor from Neon's point of view--he is a wolf and doesn't want to die on Day One. So he pulls a Day One "fake reveal", figuring the seer either won't be around on such short notice, won't be able to counter him before the vote, or won't be willing to reveal so early to catch him.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:03 PM   #1160
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm going to put my vote in the Cronin/Bug/Path triumverate as the late movers to RPI. Based on the final votes that day there were five people on RPI - I know that I'm good and we all know that Telle is good.

Another of the leading vote-getters, DT, had three votes. Two of those people are cleared (BK and AlanT) with the third being RendeR, who I have a smidge above the norm for trusted. The fact that this block of votes has a high probability of being wolf-free convinces me further that the starting wolf group would have needed to drop at least one vote on the leader.

I wouldn't mind taking a shot at Path, but it seems like he has a decent amount of room to make up in order to catch MrBug and Cronin. I won't be able to make it here for the 9AM deadline, so I'm a little worried about throwing the vote away.

Chief, since you are around and chatty this evening - what are your thoughts on Path and Pass?
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 11:06 PM   #1161
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
This is not true, since I at least had a vote on Neon at the time of his reveal. What I would like you to explain is what you think happened on day 1. I don't understand your theory, at all.

Really? Because hoopsguy's list has Alan, Barkeep and oliegirl as the votes on Neon at the time of his "reveal". His list has you voting early for Render, and that's where your vote stayed all day until you switched off of Render to RPI after Neon's reveal.

Are you saying hoops' list is wrong? Do I need to go back to Day One and chekc it out personally?
Old 09-09-2007, 11:07 PM   #1162
st.cronin
General Manager

I had moved my vote to Neon shortly before he revealed. Remember, I was under the gun, too.

knives out
Old 09-09-2007, 11:08 PM   #1163
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Chief, since you are around and chatty this evening - what are your thoughts on Path and Pass?

Uncertain and concerned. I don't have much on them at all, and that concerns me, because I know they are experienced and know what they are doing. If we had a seer, I would recommend those two be checked out to clear them, but we don't. I'm hoping we get another wolf to help illuminate things.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:11 PM   #1164
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
unvote RendeR
Vote Rpi-Fan

Actually this was my vote for RPI. I thought I had moved to Neon before that, but I don't see the post. I may have forgotten to bold, or something, but my memory is that my vote was on Neon when he revealed.

knives out
Old 09-09-2007, 11:12 PM   #1165
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
If I need to move my vote, it will be to Neon.

This was shortly before Neon revealed.

knives out
Old 09-09-2007, 11:14 PM   #1166
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
Ten minutes left.

I hate it that you guys had to force my hand out like this. Considering that I thought I had a great starting position.

I am the Valet (seer). I also have the Serving Tray (25% chance of avoiding a wolf-attack).

You guys suck.

Quote:
Geez. Second game in a row we've had a reveal on the first day.

Quote:
unvote RendeR
Vote Rpi-Fan

That is the sequence of Cronin's vote change relative to Neon's reveal. Feel free to follow the posts to check the order. There isn't a ton of time in between them, but Cronin does move after Neon's reveal, not before.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:15 PM   #1167
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I had moved my vote to Neon shortly before he revealed. Remember, I was under the gun, too.

Really? That must have been in the other thread for this game.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:15 PM   #1168
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Umm, that's not an actual vote, is it?
Old 09-09-2007, 11:16 PM   #1169
hoopsguy
General Manager

Despite the above, I'm still going to follow my gut here and take a shot with Path. If no one follows, then I'll be around in the morning to move it to one of the two leaders to avoid a "wasted vote". But it will be several hours prior to the deadline, so I'm not sure how much value it will have in preventing deadline hijinks.

VOTE PATH12
Old 09-09-2007, 11:16 PM   #1170
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
That is the sequence of Cronin's vote change relative to Neon's reveal. Feel free to follow the posts to check the order. There isn't a ton of time in between them, but Cronin does move after Neon's reveal, not before.

And more importantly, not to or from Neon. He never out in a vote for Neon.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:18 PM   #1171
st.cronin
General Manager

There are actually a couple of posts on that day where I threaten to move to Neon, to save myself. If you theorize that Neon was a wolf on day 1, then I think that threat would have had to be interpreted as pressure, unless you also think that Neon and I are BOTH wolves. And in that case I think you could guess that we would come up with a better plan. For example, surely I would have pushed harder for a TIE?

knives out
Old 09-09-2007, 11:24 PM   #1172
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

My bet is on NC being a wolf, meaning the other wolves knew who he was.

So in a close vote like Day One, as we're getting to deadline, wolves won't be on Neon. They will be on some of the other players, of which there were many targets to choose from.

So oliegirl, Alan and Barkeep aren't wolves (two of which are proven by death). Neon goes on a campaign against Crim at the time of his reveal, and Crim has been acting very newbie enthusiastic as I call it. So I don't think Crim is a wolf. DT is the duke and has proven it. RPI is dead, as is Telle, both villagers. Eaglefan had a vote on Neon relatively late, but moved it. He has also dispalyed newbie enthusiasm, as I have called it, digging into old posts for arguments. And I know I'm not a wolf. If you were to do that list, I would be on it, because I don't have a way of proving myself via those conditions. But since I did the list, I of course left myself off of it.

So does that help?
Old 09-09-2007, 11:25 PM   #1173
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
There are actually a couple of posts on that day where I threaten to move to Neon, to save myself. If you theorize that Neon was a wolf on day 1, then I think that threat would have had to be interpreted as pressure, unless you also think that Neon and I are BOTH wolves. And in that case I think you could guess that we would come up with a better plan. For example, surely I would have pushed harder for a TIE?

First of all, I don't know that you are a wolf. I don;t really have much more evidence on you than on many of those others. The only reason we're talking about you is because you're bringing yourself up in this. And lying about things doesn't make you look good here.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:26 PM   #1174
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Hiya folks, checking in after a long day of non-werewolf playing. I'd like to first of all make an IMPORTANT PROGRAMMING NOTE... and a question:

I WILL NOT BE AROUND AT ALL TOMORROW, UNTIL AFTER THE MONDAY 10:30pm DEADLINE. This means that I will not be able to cast a vote. My question: is it at all possible to cast a conditional Monday vote tonight, like, "VOTE GARGAMEL, if he's still alive Monday, if not VOTE SMURFETTE, if she's dead too then VOTE PAPA SMURF"???

Don't go changing things around for little old me, but the two-deadlines-in-one-day thing isn't compatible with my work schedule, so I'm looking for a way I can still participate for the village while away. Thoughts? Tomatoes?
Crim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 11:28 PM   #1175
st.cronin
General Manager

Ok, well I'm obviously curious to see who you vote for.

knives out
Old 09-09-2007, 11:29 PM   #1176
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Actually this was my vote for RPI. I thought I had moved to Neon before that, but I don't see the post. I may have forgotten to bold, or something, but my memory is that my vote was on Neon when he revealed.

Understood. You'll admit this was a bad time to make that mistake, though, right? If you were me, how would you read these posts?
Old 09-09-2007, 11:29 PM   #1177
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Crim has been acting very newbie enthusiastic

Why, thank you, Chief! :bats eyes fetchingly:

LOL
Old 09-09-2007, 11:29 PM   #1178
hoopsguy
General Manager

Crim, that is entirely a moderator decision. When he decides he should let you know how to go about posting the vote - public or via PM which he'll publish post-deadline.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:31 PM   #1179
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Understood. You'll admit this was a bad time to make that mistake, though, right? If you were me, how would you read these posts?

I don't know, but I did go looking for my votes, hoping to prove you wrong. My memory was in fact that I had voted for Neon. There have been plenty of villagers lynched for dumber reasons, I guess, so go ahead and vote for me.

knives out
Old 09-09-2007, 11:35 PM   #1180
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Umm, cronin, I thought I had you hemi-cleared yesterday, but...

Quote:
I'm not sure I understand the discussion about the votes on Neon moving. There are two possibilities:

Neon was the goth. In this scenario, you must look at the day 1 vote as if Neon was a villager, since the wolves did not know his identity.

Neon was a wolf. Is this the assumption you guys are making? If so, the thinking needs to be fleshed out a bit, because I'm not sure I understand what you're driving at.

As for my comment about "he might be a villager and fake revealing" - if you think I'm bad, this likely points to me being the goth, because there is no other role that would know anybody's allegiance on day 1. I made that comment because in a couple of games I've come close to doing exactly that, and I could totally see Neon doing something like that. Its exactly the sort of mind game that Neon likes to play.

No, when i brought up that comment, I was using it as evidence of full-on lycanthropy, not suggesting that you just wear a lot of dark mascara, cronin. In my opinion that exchange makes more sense, in context, if you and Neon are both wolves. I am off of the Neon=Goth bandwagon.

Quote:
This reminds me of something... I'll be back in a bit with some interesting stuff, I think.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:40 PM   #1181
st.cronin
General Manager

I'm really surprised that anybody is willing to argue that Neon wasn't the goth. The idea that he started as a wolf, and played the way he did, to me is just totally ludicrous.

knives out
Old 09-09-2007, 11:43 PM   #1182
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I don't know, but I did go looking for my votes, hoping to prove you wrong. My memory was in fact that I had voted for Neon. There have been plenty of villagers lynched for dumber reasons, I guess, so go ahead and vote for me.

Honestly, I'm not ready to vote for you. There are others on that list I feel much worse on. You're one I just can't quite figure. In the past, that usually meant you were good, and since your thinking doesn't usually mesh with mine, it just clashes sometimes.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:44 PM   #1183
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm really surprised that anybody is willing to argue that Neon wasn't the goth. The idea that he started as a wolf, and played the way he did, to me is just totally ludicrous.

And I'm stunned you would accept a low risk possibility as what happened without considering other possibilities. There, we're both in a quandary.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:46 PM   #1184
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
And I'm stunned you would accept a low risk possibility as what happened without considering other possibilities. There, we're both in a quandary.

I'll put it this way: I think its so preposterous an idea that Neon was a wolf on day 1, that I don't even believe that you believe it. I think you're making some kind of play, I just can't figure out what it is.

That's why I'm curious to see who you vote for. I feel like it might give me some clue as to whether you're a wolf or a villager.

knives out
Old 09-09-2007, 11:52 PM   #1185
st.cronin
General Manager

Checking out for the night, will be back close to deadline.

knives out
Old 09-10-2007, 12:11 AM   #1186
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'll put it this way: I think its so preposterous an idea that Neon was a wolf on day 1, that I don't even believe that you believe it. I think you're making some kind of play, I just can't figure out what it is.

That's why I'm curious to see who you vote for. I feel like it might give me some clue as to whether you're a wolf or a villager.

Oh, I thought you were talking to Crim earlier when you said that. Fact is, I don't know who I am going to vote for, but I need to decide now. I won't be around tomorrow before the first deadline, and I'm not sure if I will be able to check in before the second deadline (two job day tomorrow).

As for your suspicions, suspect away. You're dead wrong if you think I'm a wolf. In fact, I would be very curious to see what case you would make for me.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:16 AM   #1187
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'll put it this way: I think its so preposterous an idea that Neon was a wolf on day 1, that I don't even believe that you believe it.

And, BTW, on this, I will reverse a post you made earlier tonight.

"You are hanging onto your convictions very firmly, too firmly in my mind."
Old 09-10-2007, 12:17 AM   #1188
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Okay, here I go again. Feel free to put me on "ignore" if I start getting on your nerves with this. Mebbe I oughta us the spoiler tag? lol. Most of what I'm about to quote is review, and has already been re-rehashed, but bear with me, I do have a point to get to.

Quote:
This was cronin's original non-vote on Neon.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I am completely OK with lynching a non-participating villager Day 1. I know CR said he was busy d1 so I'll cut him so slack. In otherwords, if there is some movement I could see myself voting for Crim.
If it means saving my villager ass, I would be willing to go this route as well. It really sucks that we're not even considering voting out the people who haven't shown up and giving them a free pass for night one, when there are a lot of us online right now.
Neon's non-vote on Crim.
Quote:
If someone changes to Crim, I will put my vote that way as well.
Neon prods a bit.

Quote:
So, you want to vote for Crim, but you don't want Crim lynched?
cronin chides molson for non-voting Crim.

Quote:
My vote is on Barkeep.

I think Lathum forgot to remove my vote on AlanT.

Seeing as we're voting for each other. If Barkeep switches his vote from me to Crim, I'll switch my vote to Crim as well.
Neon prods some more.

Quote:
I agree completely, IF NEON IS A WOLF. However, one theory under consideration is that Neon is the goth, and that his bizarre play was an attempt to transmit that fact to the wolves. If he is in fact the goth, I think it highly unlikely that he would have voted for a wolf. Under that scenario, I don't know how important it is that he talked about voting for (Chuck) Crim but didn't - it may or may not be meaningful.
First of all, who's Chuck? I'm John. Nevermind. But here, cronin's saying, the nonvoting looks suspicious, Neon and Crim may be in cahoots.

Quote:
Let me flesh out my thinking a bit more, for you hoops.

Assume Neon was the Goth. Neon did vote for 3 known villagers. Close to deadline, he said he was willing to vote for Crim. If Crim is a villager, why wouldn't Neon simply VOTE for Crim, and urge others to do likewise? Likewise if Crim was a wolf, Neon would know that there might have been some insurance to prevent Crim from getting lynched from whatever wolves might have been online. Likewise if Crim did get lynched, Neon would be very much in the clear.

I also want to point out there is some linkage between you and Crim based on your day 1 posts, whether that means anything or not.
cronin is on me a bit more here. Not for anything I did, mind you, but (remember) Neon is a surefire goner at this point, and cronin's putting a nonvote from Neon to Crim out there as a reason to suspect Crim. Hmm.

Quote:
Okay, this has been well documented by Chief and cronin, but here it is, for context. This has been shown to be untrue:
Quote:
Hole gets deeper.
Quote:
Confusius say, "When a man finds himself standing in a hole, first step is: stop digging"

Quote:
Quote:
cronin brings up his own nonvote.

Quote:
Umm, that's not an actual vote, is it?
Chief calls him on it.

Quote:
And more importantly, not to or from Neon. He never out in a vote for Neon.
Another point for Team Rum.

Quote:
Maybe, :shrug:, but I only found the one. Doesn't matter to my point, though. Moving on...

Quote:
Checking out for the night, will be back close to deadline.
Now, this is disappointing. I won't be on when he gets back, if he's got a good answer, I won't see it until Monday night around midightish.

So, my point is, cronin early in the game used a nonvote/threat from Neon to Crim as a reason to suspect Crim (I had not even checked in at this point!) Meanwhile, cronin had already performed a nonvote/threat of his own against a (now)known wolf, Neon!

Between this, and leaving the vote on Telle last night, cronin is suddenly, unexpectedly, spirally downwards on my trust list.

As is eternally the case, I encourage discussion of my post.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:23 AM   #1189
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Well my motive for it was that I was the one the bartender got drunk last night. Since I only know myself to be a villager, I had hoped to gain someone in my trust scope. Obviously no one really came to my defense so I'm assuming the bartender didn't want to give any direct evidence (understandably) and thus making them an easy target for the night time action of the wolves. Obviously the people who voted for me right after the vote/night actions are not the bartender since a death occured last night anyways and the bartender originally and incorrectly thought I was a wolf

Quote:
Bartender = On my side

Bug, I don't know what info the bartender gets when blocking, but I'd imagine Bartender = On Your Side is a huge and misleading stretch. Why would the bartender block you if he's "on your side"? He oughta be out blocking suspected wolves, not someone whose side he considers himself to be on. or Herself. Whatever.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:27 AM   #1190
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
MrBug, I don't believe we know if the Bartender can prevent a wolf kill - depends on the mechanics Lathum has put in place.

While I'm all for people letting us know they were blocked, I don't think there is a good reason for the Bartender to come forward.

Night 1 - Barkeep
Night 2 - ???
Night 3 - MrBug

MrBug, can we safely assume that you don't learn the identity of the bartender when they act on you?

Hmm, is this right? I wonder why noone else came forward about being drunk on night 2? There seems to be no danger in admitting you were blocked by the bartender, so does it then follow that whoever was blocked night 2 must have died, so never was able to say they were the bartender's target? Does this lead anywhere at all?
Old 09-10-2007, 12:32 AM   #1191
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Heh...newbie entusiasm.

Great post, Crim. That does highlight some interesting decisions by cronin, and some of that is probably why I have a bad vibe from him (even before tonight).

One thing is for sure--if cronin is a wolf, he would want to debunk my theory about NC and that list, because it will almost certainly have all of the remaining wolves on it if true (with a non-NC Goth being the only likely possibility otherwise).

It's difficult for me, because the more I like it, the more I think I want to vote for cronin. But I want to vote for him for the right reasons, not because we're on different sides of the argument tonight. I also would like to get the vote closer--Bug is in a runaway right now, and we don't learn anything from that.

But I also sorta think cronin isn't a wolf. He wouldn't get this agitated. He also wouldn't make this mistake if he were a wolf, because veteran wolves are usually extremely dialed in to these games.

I'm going to go on my gut, a feeling I have had since he admitted to killing Barkeep.

VOTE RENDER

But I wouldn't bat an eye if either cronin or Bug ends up the lynch target. They're on my list, too.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:32 AM   #1192
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Mr. Bug, your candor earlier kept you from getting my vote, so good answers I guess. Two veterans on opposite sides of a discussion concerns me some, so looking at the discussion between Cronin and Chief I feel like there could be something there. I'm going to vote:

vote St. Cronin
I agree, PB, frankly it scares me. I'm now thinking, barring some new enlightening info that comes out, we should proceed with the MrBug708 lynch, then turn to either st.cronin or Chief Rum, and if, say, cronin turns out bad, trust Chief more, and vice versa.

They're both very good players, and hard to pin down, but I lean toward st.cronin for our Monday night vote.

I'm still on the fence about two others, but I'm running out of awake-time to dig anything up.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:40 AM   #1193
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crim View Post
Hmm, is this right? I wonder why noone else came forward about being drunk on night 2? There seems to be no danger in admitting you were blocked by the bartender, so does it then follow that whoever was blocked night 2 must have died, so never was able to say they were the bartender's target? Does this lead anywhere at all?

If a wolf can't kill someone being drunk under by a bartender, then that leaves only our lynch target and the wolf kill from last night as potential candidates. That's Telle and molson. I think Telle would have said something if she were blocked on Day Two. molson, not sure (no one knew he would be duked in the lynch), but I don't see why he would keep this secret, and I think people were asking for that before the lynch Friday.

My guess is the bartender's Night Two target isn't saying anything because he wants to keep it quiet for some reason. Not sure what reason that would be, though.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:45 AM   #1194
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crim View Post
I agree, PB, frankly it scares me. I'm now thinking, barring some new enlightening info that comes out, we should proceed with the MrBug708 lynch, then turn to either st.cronin or Chief Rum, and if, say, cronin turns out bad, trust Chief more, and vice versa.

They're both very good players, and hard to pin down, but I lean toward st.cronin for our Monday night vote.

I'm still on the fence about two others, but I'm running out of awake-time to dig anything up.

I am fine with that, although it's disappointing if such a showdown would happen tomorrow, as I may not even be able to check in.

That said, even veteran wolves don't always see eye to eye. In fact, we rarely do. That's one of the great things about this game.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:58 AM   #1195
MrBug708
Head Coach

Well, if I'm going to die, hopefully you'll pay attention to people who were on me early...

Off to sleep I go! I'm staying with St.Cronin. (No offense to you bud)
Old 09-10-2007, 01:11 AM   #1196
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Guys and gal, I am out for the next day-ish. I will almost definitely NOT be checking in Monday until late at night. I have sent a conditional-vote pm to Lathum for his consideration, but i will totally understand if he considers this a bad precedent to set, and chooses not to allow it.

It is entirely possible that I will either get killed Night Four (especially if I'm right about MrBug), and with the info that comes out of the Monday morning lynch/night actions, it's even possible that I become a candidate for a Day Five lynch.

Hedging against that possibility, I want to get my suspicions and hunches out for village consumption, so in the case of my death some more info might be gleaned. Some of this I've been vocal about, some I've kept to myself until now. None of this would shock me if incorrect!

#1 MrBug708 is my prime suspect. Been acting funny since Day One.
#2 st.cronin is next. This is a weird one for me, because part of the reason that I have him elevated on my bad list is that he's so dangerous if a wolf, and because I think Chief Rum is playing it straight.
#3 Eagle Fan. This is very hunchy in nature. Actually got here based on some thoughts triggered by hoopsguy.
#4 ArlingtonColt. Has barely said a word this game, it seems. Even when voting, there's nothing in the way of explanation. Could be busy, could be unsure of himself, or could be cautiously keeping us from reading too much into his posts.

My Trust List:
#1 and 1a: Crim and Daddy. Obviously.
#2 hoopsguy. has defended me (correctly), shares some of my suspicions but not all. great asset to the village (andIhopelikehellI'mrightabouthim).
#3 Chief Rum. Mostly because I agree with him vs. cronin's arguments. Similar to hoops, in that he's a great asset, but God help us if he's sucking us in.

Persons of interest (no particular order):
oliegirl - votes good, but I get a vibe...
RendeR - his early game gave me the creeps. And the cleaning bill in Barkeep's room will be very expensive.
path12 - he's a mystery. It's like, it seems like he's been involved, but when I went back to review his posts, there was very little there.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:12 AM   #1197
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Good luck, villagers! String 'em high!!!
Old 09-10-2007, 06:12 AM   #1198
hoopsguy
General Manager

Votes, as of post #1197:

MrBug708 - Raiders Army (981), Crim (1010), st.cronin (1044), oliegirl (1136), Path (1151)

st.cronin - RendeR (992), MrBug708 (1055), Purdue (1148)

PurdueBrad - EagleFan (1016)

Path - Hoops (1169)

Render - Chief (1191)
Old 09-10-2007, 06:23 AM   #1199
hoopsguy
General Manager

Re-reading the final posts where Bug was in the vote lead, but saved by our Duke, I don't think (but am not sure at all) that he is a wolf.

Since voting for Path hasn't gained any traction, and seems unlikely to do so between now and deadline that somewhat forces my hand here. Would love for it to work out for the best, but if it does it isn't because of any keen insight on my part. Just working through a theory (Day 1 votes) that I'm stubbornly sticking to without any other evidence in front of us.

UNVOTE PATH12
VOTE CRONIN
Old 09-10-2007, 06:28 AM   #1200
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Votes, as of post #1197:

MrBug708 - Raiders Army (981), Crim (1010), st.cronin (1044), oliegirl (1136), Path (1151)

st.cronin - RendeR (992), MrBug708 (1055), Purdue (1148)

PurdueBrad - EagleFan (1016)

Path - Hoops (1169)

Render - Chief (1191)

Hoops and Cronin, looking back, I think this is the actual vote list:

VOTE LIST:
Mr Bug- Raiders Army (981), Crim (1010), ArlingtonColt (1015), Pass (1028), Cronin (1044), Oliegirl (1136), Path (1151)
lace w:st="on">St.lace> Cronin- Render (992), Mr Bug (1055), PurdueBrad (1148)
Purdue Brad- EagleFan (1016)
RendeR- Chief (1191)

Can someone double-check my sanity on the vote in posts 1015 and 1028?