Coordinator

While we wait for lynch results I have a trivia question:

What record has this game set?
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 12:01 PM   #1152
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Votes as they were cast

St. Cronin (9): Alan T (756), Schmidty (893), Narcizo (1016), Thomkal (1057), claphamsa (1087), nfg22 (1103), SnDvls (1109), Mr. W (1129), Neon (1149)
Mr. Wednesday (5) : Barkeep49 (942), DaddyTorgo (977), hoopsguy (1102), mauboy1 (1106), Greyroofoo (1130)
Greyfooroo (3): Jackal (882), Chief Rum (911), RendeR (1010),

Barkeep49 (2): path12 (859), Lathum (1047)
Schmidty (1): St. Cronin (819)
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 12:02 PM   #1153
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Oh I agree that it's unethical behavior. I just think we create an incentive to lie when we repeatedly lynch people who say that they're going to be away. Your damned if you don't state that you're away cause then you're ignoring questions, and you're damned if you do since then you become easy pickings.

Damn double-edged swords. They're so sharp.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 12:02 PM   #1154
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:

Fastest to 1000 posts? Just guessing, but there have been a crapload of games.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:02 PM   #1155
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I am hoping its set the record for the most hunches of mine being right in a game at 2!
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 12:02 PM   #1156
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Most Kickassingest GM ever I'm sure.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:02 PM   #1157
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:

Most players in a thread during deadline?
Old 03-06-2008, 12:03 PM   #1158
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Most posts in one thread before noon?
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 12:03 PM   #1159
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
Most Kickassingest GM ever I'm sure.

Stop fratenizing and work on results!
Old 03-06-2008, 12:05 PM   #1160
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:

most times having a quote quoted
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 12:06 PM   #1161
hoopsguy
General Manager

Most posts deleted by mod due to board werdness?
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 12:07 PM   #1162
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

The most times Hoopsguy has been hit on in a WW game?
Old 03-06-2008, 12:08 PM   #1163
hoopsguy
General Manager

By the way, look for late movement away from Grey as the wolves fled the potential retribution kill.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:09 PM   #1164
hoopsguy
General Manager

Another random thought - no one has mentioned the possibility of a Company conversion as an explanation for lack of kills.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:10 PM   #1165
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Again the action is fast and furious, first starting with a wide net before it consolidates upon a few of you all-powerful beings. In the end, one horse pulls away and it is decided that St. Cronin is working for the company, and must pay the price.

He cries out "But...but...I'm just a good doctor. Trying to help you people live and learn to CONTROL your powers. They, the Company, they told me I'd be helping people, I didn't know what I was getting into".

What that, he falls to the ground in convulsion for a few seconds and then it's over. His heart gives out and he's gone.

St. Cronin was Mohinder Suresh, and he was working for the Company!

Quote:
Originally Posted by his PM
Mohinder Suresh

Power: You, the good doctor, have no supernatural ability, but you know the Heroes powers very well. Each night you can choose one of your fellow Company members, to lessen the likelihood of a power used upon them working. The effect is not necessarily always a success.

I'm going to work on Night actions now, but it may take a bit of time if the fam shows up mid-stream
Old 03-06-2008, 12:11 PM   #1166
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Another random thought - no one has mentioned the possibility of a Company conversion as an explanation for lack of kills.

Any of the heroes in the show have that kind of power?
Old 03-06-2008, 12:11 PM   #1167
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

In case I'm night killed... I think the next person I want to look at is Schmidty.. I don't feel as strongly about him as Cronin.. but that is where Im looking next.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:11 PM   #1168
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

WSOWOOO

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 12:12 PM   #1169
The Jackal
Coordinator

Alan = 2/2
Old 03-06-2008, 12:12 PM   #1170
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Wow.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:13 PM   #1171
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Good job. I'm sucking this game.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:14 PM   #1172
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Answer to trivia question.

Spoiler
Old 03-06-2008, 12:14 PM   #1173
hoopsguy
General Manager

Alan, congrats on having a great game so far.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:15 PM   #1174
Thomkal
Head Coach

Its a good thing I trusted Alan's hunches I guess. Way to go Alan!
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 12:16 PM   #1175
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

This is the point in the game where I become overconfident and start leading us down the path of complete destruction..

BTW, regarding my last post, Im not confident at all about schmidty.. he just has intrigued me.. I dont think I'll push a vote on him just yet.. If anyone wants any more of my hunches right now its that NFG is company and barkeep is sylar...

But I rarely go 2/2 on hunches, so the chances of going 3/3 or 4/4 is really tiny. You might want to stop listening to me at this point
Old 03-06-2008, 12:16 PM   #1176
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Answer to trivia question.

Spoiler

I liked my answer better
Old 03-06-2008, 12:17 PM   #1177
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Dola, in fact the company might do me a favor if they night kill me now, so it will be remembered what a good game I've had and i won't have time to ruin it!
Old 03-06-2008, 12:17 PM   #1178
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
This is the point in the game where I become overconfident and start leading us down the path of complete destruction..

BTW, regarding my last post, Im not confident at all about schmidty.. he just has intrigued me.. I dont think I'll push a vote on him just yet.. If anyone wants any more of my hunches right now its that NFG is company and barkeep is sylar...

But I rarely go 2/2 on hunches, so the chances of going 3/3 or 4/4 is really tiny. You might want to stop listening to me at this point
at least you are honest...

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 03-06-2008, 12:19 PM   #1179
SnDvls
Pro Starter

this has to be killing the company with 2 lynches in a row taking them out and basically getting a 1 for 1 trade on night kills with them.

I'm so glad I'm not a wolf this game...it would almost be panic mode
Old 03-06-2008, 12:20 PM   #1180
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
this has to be killing the company with 2 lynches in a row taking them out and basically getting a 1 for 1 trade on night kills with them.

I'm so glad I'm not a wolf this game...it would almost be panic mode

like when your ass was converted last game and BK disappeared for the entire day?
Old 03-06-2008, 12:21 PM   #1181
The Jackal
Coordinator

I'm intrigued to see what happens with the night actions, very possible we could see two dead. Wouldn't it be awesome if Sylar nailed a company member?
Old 03-06-2008, 12:22 PM   #1182
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Oh I agree that it's unethical behavior. I just think we create an incentive to lie when we repeatedly lynch people who say that they're going to be away. Your damned if you don't state that you're away cause then you're ignoring questions, and you're damned if you do since then you become easy pickings.

I think the problem, however, is that we're willing to give people a pass just because they say they'll be gone. If a player suspects someone of being a wolf, why should they wait until that player is around to vote for them? Other than a reveal, the most likely defense you'd get was "I don't know what to tell you, but I'm not a wolf."

If we don't care who's around when, and just vote for who we think is most likely to be a wolf, whenever is convenient for the voter (not the votee), then none of this will matter. If someone gets voted out, and might have been able to say something that would have got him out of it -- then whatever, it's just a game.

Personally, the only time I think it matters if someone is out or not, or says anything about when they're out, is if it's early in the game and the entire argument against that person is that they haven't checked in, or have been quiet -- and even the quiet argument still applies in my mind, since a vote for someone under the radar reduces the...uh..."total unknownness" of the player set.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 12:22 PM   #1183
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
like when your ass was converted last game and BK disappeared for the entire day?

glad that was you and not me

I at least could still win
Old 03-06-2008, 12:24 PM   #1184
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
I think the problem, however, is that we're willing to give people a pass just because they say they'll be gone. If a player suspects someone of being a wolf, why should they wait until that player is around to vote for them? Other than a reveal, the most likely defense you'd get was "I don't know what to tell you, but I'm not a wolf."

If we don't care who's around when, and just vote for who we think is most likely to be a wolf, whenever is convenient for the voter (not the votee), then none of this will matter. If someone gets voted out, and might have been able to say something that would have got him out of it -- then whatever, it's just a game.

Personally, the only time I think it matters if someone is out or not, or says anything about when they're out, is if it's early in the game and the entire argument against that person is that they haven't checked in, or have been quiet -- and even the quiet argument still applies in my mind, since a vote for someone under the radar reduces the...uh..."total unknownness" of the player set.
I think we do the reverse far more often. It seems like at least once again we've been lynching someone on an early day when they said they'd be gone all day.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:24 PM   #1185
Barkeep49
Coordinator

That should be "at least once a game"
Old 03-06-2008, 12:26 PM   #1186
SnDvls
Pro Starter

this game I think it was just happened that way I don't think St. C or AE were targeted...if they were Chief should be looking out.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:27 PM   #1187
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I think we do the reverse far more often. It seems like at least once again we've been lynching someone on an early day when they said they'd be gone all day.

I can't speak for everyone else, but both in Ardent and Cronin's case, I'm pretty sure that their availability didn't matter to me and I doubt they would have convinced me to move my vote.. I'm pretty stubborn headed.

I understand what your point is, and I often have issues with people voting for Chief Rum on day 1 or 2 knowing he isnt usually around mondays or tuesdays.. but for the most part I think I agree with Pass.

This probably is a better discussion to have as a seperate thread and not part of this game though..
Old 03-06-2008, 12:29 PM   #1188
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

I got lynched on my other board and I was accused of being "Conviniently away" at a 1130 PM hockey game.....

I never pay attention to if people say they will be around!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 03-06-2008, 12:30 PM   #1189
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

I'm not sure what you mean by 'the reverse' -- but my point was that I don't think it should be a requirement for someone to be here in order to be lynched. I think it's a cheesy way to not get voted out, whether you're telling the truth or not. I'm not sure what you mean by 'an early day' but I think even by Day 2, we're good -- there's a voting history there, and the person in trouble can either defend himself or not -- it's not up to the rest of the community to help in defending him. Someone's gotta die (in most cases), and if you didn't get a chance to defend yourself the day you get voted, I guess you should have been more careful before you left for the day. I think one person dying without a chance to defend himself is less important than several other people having to alter the way they play in order to accommodate him.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 12:37 PM   #1190
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post

The similarities between this game and the Big City game are rather striking. And, given the end result, rather worrying.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 12:42 PM   #1191
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I think people need to think carefully about revealing what powers they have if Sylar is able to absorb powers somehow. I'm thinking (for example) that if anyone has a duke role they shouldn't bring it up before a lynch, take the lynch and use your duke - don't reveal it before hand. The same can be said for Grey's power. If (as it appears) Sylar only has a limited kill ability, he'd be very happy to have Grey's power as well.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 12:45 PM   #1192
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
I think people need to think carefully about revealing what powers they have if Sylar is able to absorb powers somehow. I'm thinking (for example) that if anyone has a duke role they shouldn't bring it up before a lynch, take the lynch and use your duke - don't reveal it before hand. The same can be said for Grey's power. If (as it appears) Sylar only has a limited kill ability, he'd be very happy to have Grey's power as well.

Especially when people aren't under pressure to reveal.. don't help Sylar out..
Old 03-06-2008, 12:46 PM   #1193
The Jackal
Coordinator

Clearly we aren't as important to JH as his family.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:47 PM   #1194
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Night Three Results

Man, that whole thing with the Doc was crazy. But in the end, you're happy that another Company worker is dead. You sleep pretty well, get up, and make some eggs. Nothing much on TV, just some sports news and election coverage. Must be a slow day around the world...

Day/Night 4 has begun, voting and night action deadline is 1 PM EST on Friday, 3/7.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:48 PM   #1195
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Clearly we aren't as important to JH as his family.

You aren't, but I was able to mostly finish nonetheless. The small stuff (player list and thread title) I'll do in a bit.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:49 PM   #1196
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
You aren't, but I was able to mostly finish nonetheless. The small stuff (player list and thread title) I'll do in a bit.

I was joking, of course your family is more important.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:51 PM   #1197
The Jackal
Coordinator

So, that seems like a pretty good night result. Means..

1, there was a conversion

2, someone blocked a company member's night action

3, someone will die during the day phase instead of the night phase?

If I've missed something, please do expand.

And if someone blocked an action.. might want to step forward.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:51 PM   #1198
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Nobody died!? What a relief! The company has just took another huge hit. Bwhahaha!!

Time to move onto day four.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:53 PM   #1199
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

That's true, Jackal, on point #1. I kinda forgot about that.

I'm so surprised there has been lack of night kills considering it seems like there would be a possibility of two each night.

Hopefully the trend continues where the Company gets PWND!
Old 03-06-2008, 12:59 PM   #1200
The Jackal
Coordinator

It's still quite weird. Unless someone comes forward about blocking a night action, I think we have to assume there's some tomfoolery going on.

Is it possible that cronin was the person doing the night kill and the wolves had no conditional? Seems unlikely, since cronin has been up there in the vote count for a while.