Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-30-2013, 01:05 AM   #1151
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Should interested parties with to conduct discussions through me using their ravens to me as war seems to have descended upon us and bannermen are scarce, I am happy to facilitate such discussions.

Bravo my lord. An audacious move - you have clearly been listening to Lord Renly.

So, all can send their messages through you and you can pass them on to their intended recipient? And exactly how foolish do you believe the lords of the realm must be to avail themselves of this generous offer? Already there seem to be reports of messages going astray. Now you would that you are given the role of censor and fabricator to all correspondence betwixt the kings? All for the good of the realm. As you interpret it.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 07:43 AM   #1152
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I will sit by no longer and allow these lies about my intentions muttered in private to go unaddressed.

It has come to my attention that Lord Baelish has been informing parties of two things regarding me:

1) That I lied to him about receiving communications from Lord Tywin on Day 1
2) That I lied to him about my goals.

With regard to #1 - Without checking the time each raven was received, I believe that in the event that I received a raven from Lord Tywin on Day 1 (was that 5/22?) it was after I had told him that I had received no message from the Lannisters. What purpose would I have to lie about such a mundane detail and yet be truthful about the rest?

With regard to #2 - It is true that I was originally asked to "back" a slate of 4 individuals to survive until the end of the war. Those 4 (1 from each camp) were as follows: Lord Renly, Gregor Clegane, Melisandre, and Lord Karstark. You all know that immediately upon beginning communication with you I argued passionately that Clegane be brought to justice, from my first message on. I have stated repeatedly that I have abandoned these goals - my targeting of Clegane on the first day ought to be an indication of this. In fact, were Lord Baelish being truthful he would report to you that, to my recollection, I informed him of the general nature of my goals in an early message to him, and also informed him that I was no longer pursuing them.

Lord Baelish negotiates for land and titles, seeking the best deal for himself amongst the competing parties, striving to ensure that he ends up on top. I believe his most attractive deal at the moment comes from Lord Stark, who offers him the hand of Lady Catlyn and a Lord Paramountcy for help against an enemy.

I know not what the Queen Regent wants, although I suspect from what I hear that it has to do with the safety of her family, and I imagine that she, like I, has a minor interest in getting rid of me (as I have one in getting rid of her). The Imp is a mystery to me - I have no color on his goals.

There are many more things that I know that I could state here publicly, however that is not my modus operandi. I do not wish to cause chaos, I seek only peace and stability, and work always to that end.

[ooc] seriously - i didn't like my victory conditions...I've abandoned them and I'm just having fun playing the game. i'm not running some super-sneaky double-blind thing where I'm actually still pursuing them and lying about it or whatever...I literally had to go back and look before I wrote this to realize that karstark and melisandre were on my list. I don't care about my victory goals - chief already told me I'm losing among the neutrals, that's not important to me. so saldana's whole thing about that being my secret goal just...doesn't matter [/ooc]

-Lord Varys
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:12 AM   #1153
MrBug708
Head Coach

Who knew I had such favor with Lard Varys.
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:12 AM   #1154
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

(Ooc - if that's all true then I feel pretty *fontisian* angry about it. This is a game. You play to win otherwise there's no point playing. It's not a piece of improvised theatre. Other people's enjoyment of the game is tied in with you fulfilling your part of the bargain. If you're supposed to be helping Path then you should be helping Path as, presumably, the game is balanced to take your support of Path into account. If you don't help Path then you're screwing him in his victory conditions. What would happen if a wolf decided he didn't want to be a wolf and just didn't bother)?
Old 05-30-2013, 08:16 AM   #1155
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

(ooc Seriously *fontisian* angry).
Old 05-30-2013, 08:17 AM   #1156
Autumn
Head Coach

(I think you can say "Fontisian you, DaddyTorgo!")
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:21 AM   #1157
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Font is now an adjective and a verb!
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:24 AM   #1158
fontisian
College Prospect

(... )
Old 05-30-2013, 08:33 AM   #1159
Autumn
Head Coach

( no offense intended, font!)
Old 05-30-2013, 08:36 AM   #1160
fontisian
College Prospect

(Nah, I actually lol'd)
Old 05-30-2013, 08:46 AM   #1161
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
(Ooc - if that's all true then I feel pretty *fontisian* angry about it. This is a game. You play to win otherwise there's no point playing. It's not a piece of improvised theatre. Other people's enjoyment of the game is tied in with you fulfilling your part of the bargain. If you're supposed to be helping Path then you should be helping Path as, presumably, the game is balanced to take your support of Path into account. If you don't help Path then you're screwing him in his victory conditions. What would happen if a wolf decided he didn't want to be a wolf and just didn't bother)?

[ooc] it's true. i selected my 4 people after the rules and everything were set though, so there's no way it's balanced to take their particulars into account...that's just supposed to give me a cause to work for to encourage activity behind the scenes as far as I can tell. i think i'm doing an even better job of that then if i was supporting one player or one group of players in particular though - much like the real Varys [/ooc]
Old 05-30-2013, 08:49 AM   #1162
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

[ooc] and FWIW I told Chief this a couple days back and his only response was something like "you're losing in my book, but however you choose to define your success personally is up to you" so i hardly think i'm breaking the game [/ooc]
Old 05-30-2013, 08:59 AM   #1163
fontisian
College Prospect

(Does the f in f you now stand for fontisian?)
Old 05-30-2013, 09:01 AM   #1164
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

(ooc I'll take it with Chief then - I agree that it hasn't broken the game).
Old 05-30-2013, 09:03 AM   #1165
fontisian
College Prospect

(The whole helping one person in each camp idea is really cool though)
Old 05-30-2013, 09:04 AM   #1166
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I should have used Swedish but I though fontisian was funnier. Sorry font.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:05 AM   #1167
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
(The whole helping one person in each camp idea is really cool though)

Yeah I would have loved to be Varys - although the time difference would have destroyed it for me.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:29 AM   #1168
hoopsguy
General Manager

I could clarify the communications point with Varys, but I'm not sure how it benefits me to do so. It is interesting to learn of this strife between two of our neutrals ...
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:36 AM   #1169
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Font is now an adjective and a verb!

This is awesome.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:37 AM   #1170
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I could clarify the communications point with Varys, but I'm not sure how it benefits me to do so. It is interesting to learn of this strife between two of our neutrals ...

You might find that it benefits you in ways that you cannot yet comprehend Lord Tywin.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:45 AM   #1171
path12
Coordinator

Ladies and Gentlemen of Westeros,

I will not repeat my entreaty from yesterday, but I will acknowledge that despite what others may say, we are indeed a likely underdog in the battle that we march to.

There are those of you who have pledged support, those who have not and those who have indicated opposition to us. We appreciate those who support and we understand those who do not.

But let us be clear. There are not options for those who are not in the favored alliance. If we fall, the Lannisters will not all of a sudden have a chance to negotiate with the victors. And some of the neutrals may be in for a surprise.

Now is the time to make a stand. An early game long alliance is a perfectly valid thing to do, but for those on the sidelines -- we urge you to join us and let us pull off the upset. ON TO VICTORY!!
Old 05-30-2013, 10:25 AM   #1172
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Tomorrow I believe I shall begin making someone else pay for their actions against my son. I find it highly amusing that you adopt the role of the wounded victim in this when you have no conceivable claim on the throne by law and my son is stripped of his supporters because he showed more respect for the law than you have.

And I do not know who this Jesus is of whom you speak.

Gods are not mocked. This is no joking thing.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:49 AM   #1173
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Accidental click into Storm's End there. Sorry.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:53 AM   #1174
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I hold my ravens in reply pending my return from certain...physical activities

[ooc] i'm going to the gym [/ooc]
Old 05-30-2013, 10:56 AM   #1175
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

It's a dark and stormy night at Storm's End, in the mighty keep above the seacliffs over Shipbreaker Bay. The mighty Baratheon host lies quietly on the shelf outside of the gate, biding time the night before the final march to Cape's Wrath and war with King Stannis.

King Renly Baratheon and Ser Loras Tyrell, his trusted companion and most loyal bannerman, are sharing some of Loras's finest Highgarden tobacco in rolled up leaflets.

Ser Loras is unusually quiet as he looks down on the sea of pennants.

"My Lord, we have a great army, much larger than that which your brother commands," he notes, with a nod toward the encampment. "His ships are a factor, but this fight will be won on the ground."

"Yes, Loras, I agree, but this is already known," said Renly. "Is there something to this that concerns you?"

"My Lord, Stannis is a great commander of warriors, and he knows the odds well," Loras said. "And yet he insists on continuing with this fight, rather than suing for peace. Does that strike you as odd?"

"Odd?" Renly says, turning quizzically. "Stannis is acting exactly as he always has. He never backs down. He never quits. Even in the face of certain defeat. The man is black and white. Win or lose. Kill or be killed. He will go to any cost for victory, and he will never accept defeat."

"Should we prevail on the battlefield, my Lord, Stannis will have no ch--Renly! What is wrong?" Loras stops, looking concerned as his King suddenly starts.

Renly feels cold to the bone, all of a sudden. Did he hear something?

"My Lord--" Loras began before Renly shushed him.

No, he is hearing nothing... or less of something.

Renly feels a certain disquiet. Here he stands on a parapet above the crashing surf on the seacliff below, and yet the ocean itself seems muted. All about him the air is a tingle. He senses Loras feeling it, too. Steel scrapes echo as his bannerman and lover unsheathes his sword.

"Get inside, my King," Loras whispers, or so it seems to Renly. "Something evil is afoot here."

All noise disappears for a beat, and the stars wink out above them for a second as something dark sweeps across the sky like a fluttering cloak.

All of a sudden, an enclosing darkness falls on Renly! He can't breathe! His hands leap to his throat, to a threat he can only sense, but he can't feel. He falls to his knees, gasping.

"My Lord!" Ser Loras cries. He leaps to Renly and stabs at the darkness before the King, suddenly taking form. But his sword passes through it harmlessly. It is like the night itself has risen up to kill him!

Though Ser Loras's sword makes no impression on this evil presence, nonetheless, his effort would seem to have drawn its ire. For the darkness releases the King and pursues Loras with frightening speed.

Renly chokes in the air, his chest heaving, as he struggles after this monster come to haunt them both. He has no strength to rise to his feet. Ser Loras backs away from the dark form, feinting and parrying. His swordsmanship is impeccable, the darting to and fro precisely executed. But his sword point reaches nothing. The darkness marches on toward him, backing him to a stone castle wall.

"By the Seven!" Loras swears. His eyes start to look wild, as he sees he has nowhere to go. His back meets cold, hard stone.

Suddenly, the darkness is upon him! Renly hears Loras gasp, as his sword clutters to the floor. Renly tries to cry for the guard, but he has no voice to speak.

The night is ripped apart by the anguished cry of Loras, a horrifying sound Renly will never forget. He reaches out across the space between them, as if he could pull Loras to safety from several feet away. The clutter of gaurds reacting to Loras's cry starts to break upon his consciousness.

The darkness is gone. He can breathe again. Guards rush upon the battlements and run to him. Two try to help him up, but he only stumbles forward, to look upon his close companion and friend. Loras's face is grotesquely twisted in horror, a mirror to the pain he experienced as he lost his life.

Ser Loras Tyrell has been murdered by something dark and evil!

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 05-30-2013 at 10:59 AM.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 10:56 AM   #1176
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Oh my.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:57 AM   #1177
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Well. Guess that answers the question of what Mellisandre can do.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:05 AM   #1178
Autumn
Head Coach

Hopefully that evens the odds a bit, Renly. I mourn for your followers who suffer for your folly, but there is nothing to be done now that you have declared war.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:05 AM   #1179
MrBug708
Head Coach

In other news Renly is looking for a new bff!

Craziness.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:06 AM   #1180
fontisian
College Prospect

You will regret that Stannis.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:07 AM   #1181
Autumn
Head Coach

Let's be done with your false claim then Renly. You have shown you wish for violence and chaos in the realm, and that is not what the people need.

VOTE PENROSE/DARTH VILUS
CLAPHAMSA VOTES PENROSE/DARTH VILUS
BULLETSPONGE VOTES PENROSE/DARTH VILUS
INBLUE VOTES PENROSE/DARTH VILUS
Old 05-30-2013, 11:13 AM   #1182
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:

Yep, and just in time too.

Robb, you will be hearing from my Hand whenever Davos is free, or if you have an emissary available you could send one to me. It's just been a matter of scheduling that's delayed it.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:26 AM   #1183
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

But it was important to target Ser Gregor and me instead of her ... got it. Because we were the threats. Right.

I'm not expecting a repeat performance of this act, but the other houses had to know that this was going to occur at some point as long as they allowed Melissandre to remain aligned with Stannis. I guess, in a sense, it is better to have it out of the way now rather than later in this game of thrones.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:38 AM   #1184
Autumn
Head Coach

The men each of you command will undoubtedly cause the death of someone as the game goes on. I chose to use my bannerman's power in the cause of war. As disturbing as its nature may be, that was a use for it which might save the life of one of my bannermen. I could have waited and used it in the cause of unrest but I have attempted to make the best out of a disturbing thing.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:58 AM   #1185
path12
Coordinator

If that does not show those outside the Stannis/Stark circle that it is in their best interest to join us nothing will.

We will never surrender. You shall pay.

BRIENNE OF TARTH VOTES AXEL FLORENT
KING RENLY BARATHEON VOTES AXEL FLORENT
SER CORTNAY PENROSE VOTES AXEL FLORENT
Old 05-30-2013, 12:04 PM   #1186
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Son of a...

(ooc) may want to post death in the teams threads also. I almost started posting when I saw Font's post of sorry and I had to figure out what she was sorry for(ooc)
murrayyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 12:06 PM   #1187
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
If that does not show those outside the Stannis/Stark circle that it is in their best interest to join us nothing will.

I'm quite sure that watching me fight to win a war that you started will not disturb them, Renly. If you wanted to keep your bannermen safe I suppose you shouldn't have gone to war.
Old 05-30-2013, 12:10 PM   #1188
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Stannis - The people I could send right now to act as emissaries are either OOC busy this afternoon, or I've got on other tasks. Throw one my way if you can, or we can do ravens.
Old 05-30-2013, 12:12 PM   #1189
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I'm quite sure that watching me fight to win a war that you started will not disturb them, Renly. If you wanted to keep your bannermen safe I suppose you shouldn't have gone to war.

You were always a coward Stannis and now you hide behind your magic priestess to do your dirty work.

I will see you on the field.
Old 05-30-2013, 12:24 PM   #1190
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
You were always a coward Stannis and now you hide behind your magic priestess to do your dirty work.

I will see you on the field.

You notice I left you alive. I won't be hiding behind Melisandre on the field, and now you can't hide behind your knight of flowers. So it seems we have just what we want.
Old 05-30-2013, 12:31 PM   #1191
bhlloy
Coordinator

I hate to say I told you so Renly but you were a fool not to vote for melissandre when you had the chance. I do not fancy your chances against the likes of Stannis or Sir Davos
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 12:32 PM   #1192
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrayyyyy View Post
Son of a...

(ooc) may want to post death in the teams threads also. I almost started posting when I saw Font's post of sorry and I had to figure out what she was sorry for(ooc)

Good point. Sorry about that, murrayyyyy!

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 05-30-2013, 12:39 PM   #1193
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:

it wasnt me, i swear *hides 'evil minions for dummies' book*
Old 05-30-2013, 12:46 PM   #1194
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Once again, armies are canvassing the kingdom for the whereabouts of Tywin Lannister.

Old 05-30-2013, 12:47 PM   #1195
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
I hate to say I told you so Renly but you were a fool not to vote for melissandre when you had the chance. I do not fancy your chances against the likes of Stannis or Sir Davos

You are a fool Ser if you think that you are not next should we fall.

Westeros!

You see the treachery of this so-called "God of Light", and the cowardice of those who follow it. We worship the Seven -- do you wish to be enslaved under this witchery?

I say no! Loras may have fallen but his men have not. We stand strong!

Join those who worship the old Gods and drive this abomination from our lands!

To war!
Old 05-30-2013, 12:49 PM   #1196
bhlloy
Coordinator

I am under no such illusion. But I am grateful for the extra few days you have granted us here.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 12:53 PM   #1197
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
I will sit by no longer and allow these lies about my intentions muttered in private to go unaddressed.

It has come to my attention that Lord Baelish has been informing parties of two things regarding me:

1) That I lied to him about receiving communications from Lord Tywin on Day 1
2) That I lied to him about my goals.

With regard to #1 - Without checking the time each raven was received, I believe that in the event that I received a raven from Lord Tywin on Day 1 (was that 5/22?) it was after I had told him that I had received no message from the Lannisters. What purpose would I have to lie about such a mundane detail and yet be truthful about the rest?

With regard to #2 - It is true that I was originally asked to "back" a slate of 4 individuals to survive until the end of the war. Those 4 (1 from each camp) were as follows: Lord Renly, Gregor Clegane, Melisandre, and Lord Karstark. You all know that immediately upon beginning communication with you I argued passionately that Clegane be brought to justice, from my first message on. I have stated repeatedly that I have abandoned these goals - my targeting of Clegane on the first day ought to be an indication of this. In fact, were Lord Baelish being truthful he would report to you that, to my recollection, I informed him of the general nature of my goals in an early message to him, and also informed him that I was no longer pursuing them.

Lord Baelish negotiates for land and titles, seeking the best deal for himself amongst the competing parties, striving to ensure that he ends up on top. I believe his most attractive deal at the moment comes from Lord Stark, who offers him the hand of Lady Catlyn and a Lord Paramountcy for help against an enemy.

I know not what the Queen Regent wants, although I suspect from what I hear that it has to do with the safety of her family, and I imagine that she, like I, has a minor interest in getting rid of me (as I have one in getting rid of her). The Imp is a mystery to me - I have no color on his goals.

There are many more things that I know that I could state here publicly, however that is not my modus operandi. I do not wish to cause chaos, I seek only peace and stability, and work always to that end.

[ooc] seriously - i didn't like my victory conditions...I've abandoned them and I'm just having fun playing the game. i'm not running some super-sneaky double-blind thing where I'm actually still pursuing them and lying about it or whatever...I literally had to go back and look before I wrote this to realize that karstark and melisandre were on my list. I don't care about my victory goals - chief already told me I'm losing among the neutrals, that's not important to me. so saldana's whole thing about that being my secret goal just...doesn't matter [/ooc]

-Lord Varys

Ahhhh my Lord Varys...do you actually think that anyone actually trusts you in any of what you have said, or in your attempts to smear my good name? Your reputation having a propensity for lies that benefit you precedes any "information" you may have in the minds of many.

I wonder though why you have left out from your little tale, which is more suited for the knee of a Septa than the small council chambers your numerous attempts to convince me that I should assist you in supporting the return of the Mother of Dragons?

Or why you have approached me for a sum of 20000 gold pieces, which could be used for nothing other than the purchase of an assassin?

You claim you serve the realm and have no personal interests, yet you continue to communicate with Lord Karstark (one of those you intend to elevate to a position with "King" Renly" on a daily basis).

I feel sorry for you Varys, that your quest for personal power and position has lowered you to such a sorry state.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 01:18 PM   #1198
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:

You see the treachery of this so-called "God of Light", and the cowardice of those who follow it. We worship the Seven -- do you wish to be enslaved under this witchery?

Wait a minute. This sounds awfully familiar. Where have I heard this before? Oh yes, it was what I said on day one. You remember my lord? The day you voted Clegane.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:36 PM   #1199
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Harsh. Though true.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:50 PM   #1200
Autumn
Head Coach

Luckily for you all Melisandre doen'st have the power to enslave me, nevermind the kingdoms. She simply had the ability to kill one of you. I assure you Clegane did too. As I'm sure a gifted swordsman such as Ser Loras did.