Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-08-2008, 09:10 PM   #1201
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

This is of some dismay, but considering the quite pointed powerlessness of the Cajun not a great loss. I am consoled that our attack at least kept the Planet Eater at bay.
DrDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 09:13 PM   #1202
Colossus
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast View Post
I find this action to be perplexing, not in it's logic, as it is natural for one to protect ones' offspring. The part I am perplexed by is that I cannot locate any reference to such capabilites in the directives set forth by the manipulator. I have reviewed the directives and cannot discern where "extension" of basic abilites are possilble.

Some mutants have the ability to project their talents onto others. Like mr. storm for exmple, could perceivably protect someone else with his force fields, or Dr Xavier could guard another's mind with his own.

I do not see the ambiguity in this. One must red between the lines my furry blue friend.
Colossus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 09:15 PM   #1203
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
Does this 'guarding' protect for the night, or against these attacks being processed now?

Night only I believe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rules
- when a player is on guard duty, they become the target of a night attack in place of the person they are protecting. Example - Wolverine takes an attack intended for Captain America (as well as any attacks targeted at Wolverine, if he is not protected by another player)
Mimic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 09:17 PM   #1204
Colossus
n00b

I warned you all of my power. Rest assured these attacks shall not be forgotten, or forgiven. Once I have rested and regained my strength, less time than you would think. I would not wish to BE those people.

ALL HAIL APOCOLYPSE
Old 10-08-2008, 09:20 PM   #1205
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus View Post
I warned you all of my power. Rest assured these attacks shall not be forgotten, or forgiven. Once I have rested and regained my strength, less time than you would think. I would not wish to BE those people.

ALL HAIL APOCOLYPSE

Instead of issuing threats, perhaps you could instead try to answer our concerns? As you are very aware, I don't carry much of a punch but I can assure you that I sure can take one. I just have very little desire to resolve our differences with violence if they can be resolved by other means. I just see a very distinct difference between how Mimic responded to my concerns of him today versus how you chose to respond to different concerns I had about you. Whether that is a good or bad thing, I guess only time will tell however.
Mr.Fantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 09:20 PM   #1206
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:

ALL HAIL APOCOLYPSE

I swear loyalty to Apocalypse. I know nothing of this Apocolypse you speak of.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:21 PM   #1207
SilverSurfer
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimic View Post
Night only I believe.

Your feelings on Jean Grey? I do have enough ability to protect myself well enough to not require guarding every night, but I do not like her mistaking our Lord's order.
SilverSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 09:21 PM   #1208
Beast
n00b

Quote:
Some mutants have the ability to project their talents onto others. Like mr. storm for exmple, could perceivably protect someone else with his force fields, or Dr Xavier could guard another's mind with his own.

I do not see the ambiguity in this. One must red between the lines my furry blue friend.

I do not doubt that the ability exists, but if that were the case for Eric, it would be a special ability. Eric already used his special action for today by participating in the successful assault on the Sentinel factory. As such, he would only have been permitted a standard attack.
Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 09:23 PM   #1209
hoopsguy
General Manager

Attack log:
Post #775: Silver Samurai attacks Colossus
Post #800: Aardwolf attacks SilverSamurai
Post #915: GhostRider attacks Colossus
Post #916: Kang attacks Gambit
Post #982: EmmaFrost attacks SilverSamurai
Post #984: Gambit attacks Hulk
Post #1035: Vision attacks Gambit
Post #1067: JeanGrey attacks Gambit
Post #1082: DrDoom attacks Gambit (magic)
Post #1083: Magneto attacks Spider-Man
Post #1087: HumanTorch attacks Gambit
Post #1091: Cable attacks Spider-Man
Post #1095: Punisher attacks Spider-Man
Post #1097: Nightcrawler attacks Gambit
Post #1105: Quicksilver attacks Aardwolf
Post #1111: Mimic attacks Aardwolf
Post #1120: Hulk attacks Gambit
Post #1126: Scarlet Witch attacks JeanGrey
Post #1130: HenryPym attacks Gambit
Post #1131: NickFury attacks Colossus
Post #1132: IronFist attacks Spider-Man
Post #1135: Firebird attacks Spider-Man
Post #1140: Apocalypse attacks Gambit (physical)
Post #1142: Mr.Fantastic unattacks Mimic, attacks Colossus
Post #1151: SilverSurfer attacks Scarlet Witch
Post #1159: ProfX attacks Spider-Man
Post #1160: Beast attacks Gambit
Post #1171: Scarlet Witch unattacks JeanGrey, attacks SilverSurfer
Post #1188: Magneto defends Scarlet Witch

Damage Report:
Gambit: 17
Spider-Man: 8
Colossus: 6
Aardwolf: 3
SilverSamurai: 3
Scarlet Witch: 2
Hulk: 1
Silver Surfer: 1
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 09:24 PM   #1210
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
Instead of issuing threats, perhaps you could instead try to answer our concerns? As you are very aware, I don't carry much of a punch but I can assure you that I sure can take one. I just have very little desire to resolve our differences with violence if they can be resolved by other means. I just see a very distinct difference between how Mimic responded to my concerns of him today versus how you chose to respond to different concerns I had about you. Whether that is a good or bad thing, I guess only time will tell however.

Come on Reed. Kitty told me that you were there with him on Warworld and saw how he cheated on her with Zsaji (the Torch was right, she was just a twinkie).
Old 10-08-2008, 09:24 PM   #1211
HenryPym
Mascot

Quote:
I find this action to be perplexing, not in it's logic, as it is natural for one to protect ones' offspring. The part I am perplexed by is that I cannot locate any reference to such capabilites in the directives set forth by the manipulator. I have reviewed the directives and cannot discern where "extension" of basic abilites are possilble.

I believe you should peruse the directives again then Dr. McCoy. I believe the section entitled "Additional Game Notes #4 and #5" cover such unexpected versions of powers. I do not find it impossible that one of Magneto's powers allows him to protect his family if need be.
HenryPym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 09:26 PM   #1212
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

More curious is why Magneto would think his daughter needed protection. Who did he think would target her, the rebels? If so, why? It seemed he was responding to her irreverent attack on the prelates not any danger from traitors.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:26 PM   #1213
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Come on Reed. Kitty told me that you were there with him on Warworld and saw how he cheated on her with Zsaji (the Torch was right, she was just a twinkie).

ooc: After this game, someone will have to tell me this entire story. I definitely do not read comic books and barely know what I know from movies. I've had to PM back and forth with Hoopsguy like 30 times in discussing various things so far.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:27 PM   #1214
Colossus
n00b

Quote:

Everyone asked me the same question, why did I hurt Human Torch so badly. I answered this as plainly as I possibly could. I DIDN't. I hit him with a finger at best. A basic attack does a LOT of damage from the likes of myself. I can't help that.

Instead of people seeing that for the answer it is, i get further suspicion and multiple attackers.

How should I react? I poured every energy point I had into the attack on Galactus, What more would you have me do? I will not sit idly by and be set upon by the likes of these without rhyme nor reason for their distrust.

As for threats, I haven't made any. Yet. I'm simply saying that I shall not forget this treachery.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:29 PM   #1215
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Damage Report:
Gambit: 17
Spider-Man: 8
Colossus: 6
Aardwolf: 3
SilverSamurai: 3
Scarlet Witch: 2
Hulk: 1
Silver Surfer: 1

I am going to go back and look to see who towards the end piled on votes on Spider-Man vs going elsewhere with them. As I only briefly mentioned earlier that it seemed a done deal that Gambit was going to be a goner, it feels to me that the traitors might pile onto Spider-man in interests of "keeping it close" when instead could possibly have pushed him closer and closer to being a second death instead. Now granted Spider-man might be a traitor himself, which means those players instead saved a bad guy (myself included).. but until/unless that is proven, I think I'll likely feel a bit better about people who chose to not pile on to Spider-Man at the end. I'm going to go back and try to see who that might be.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:29 PM   #1216
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post
Your feelings on Jean Grey? I do have enough ability to protect myself well enough to not require guarding every night, but I do not like her mistaking our Lord's order.

I don't like that either, but it seemed as if she was not reading the conversation very thoroughly today. Hopefully that will change tomorrow.

[ooc]Hell, even Apocalypse didn't seem to read the thread well today. Why he didn't choose another Prelate I don't know. Must be senility. [/ooc]

On a different note, I believe I convinced her I can defeat your old master; perhaps that is why she choose to double-protect me. As it stands, I hold inherent defenses as well and I would be greatly amused if I were attacked. It might even aid me.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:31 PM   #1217
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

Your reasoning seems sound, Reed, much as I would hate to admit it. Doom cautioned others from attacking Spiderman and splitting our fire, given the lack of evidence against him. This seems a good place to search for the treacherous fools who oppose our lord.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:32 PM   #1218
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Everyone asked me the same question, why did I hurt Human Torch so badly. I answered this as plainly as I possibly could. I DIDN't. I hit him with a finger at best. A basic attack does a LOT of damage from the likes of myself. I can't help that.

Instead of people seeing that for the answer it is, i get further suspicion and multiple attackers.

How should I react? I poured every energy point I had into the attack on Galactus, What more would you have me do? I will not sit idly by and be set upon by the likes of these without rhyme nor reason for their distrust.

As for threats, I haven't made any. Yet. I'm simply saying that I shall not forget this treachery.

You may very well have offered this explanation. Can you show me where you wrote it? I actually looked for as long as I could to try to find any explanation and ended up even posting this seeking assistance in explanation (which I don't believe anyone provided):

Quote:
Trying to catch up a little bit. I see the current runs are on gambit and Spiderman. Before I left I had a tough time choosing which way to go, but neither of those two were my choices. The other person I had been considering was trying to sort out further the issue with Colossus and Silver Samurai. Did I miss the explanation that made everyone ok with that event?

I am getting second thoughts regarding my attack on mimic after the result of the mission vs Galactic today. I'm thinking even if he is a traitor, he might end up being useful to help take care of Galactic for us if he is telling us the truth and it not being some other type of line. It doesn't seem right now though moving my vote from Mimic to Colossus or Silver Samurai seem to make any difference as there are runs currently on two other people.

Perhaps my next invention that I begin should be a proper search engine for this primitive technology that we are using to communicate.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:33 PM   #1219
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorX View Post
I agree with your question Victor. I find Eric's defense of his petulant child to be...curious at best.

Charles, knowing of your difficulties with your own son, I would think you would be the one person who WOULD understand.

[ooc] Of course, Xavier's son starts this timeline by going back in time and killing Professor X, who was trying to stop him from killing me. But Charles is alive, so his son didn't kill him. He must have killed me. But I'm alive. And we are still in the Age of Apocalypse. My brain is melting!!! AAAAAAAAAAAUUUUGGGGGHHHHH![\ooc]
Magneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 09:35 PM   #1220
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryPym View Post
I would not answer for our Lord, but I think if you go and look at the Win Conditions on page 1 you will have your answer

Here's what we've got.

Quote:
Win Conditions:
Minority ("Good"): Easy way: Overthrow the tyrant (ie - kill Apocalypse), plus assume majority of seats on ruling council. Hard way: kill Apocalypse and every one of his followers. Either one will do. Oh, and don't let Galactus eat the planet.
Majority ("Evil"): Squash the rebellion - eliminate all good/minority. Don't let Galactus eat the planet.
Others (what? there are others?): ???

Okay. So we assume that they don't have a majority of seats on the ruling council now. We're not certain of that however. As long as we're not looking at this.

Quote:
Factions:
Players: 25 (not a fixed #)
Evil/Werewolves: rebellion against Apocalypse
Good/Villagers: Apocalypse, his Prelates, and those loyal to him
Others: those who don't neatly fit under the other two categories

I asked about this, and those who were Prelates to start the game were not necessarily loyal to Apocalypse.

Now that that's out of the way...I do see the reasoning. I'm still not sure how much I like it, but I can at least it's not the worst idea you jokers have come up with.
Scarlet Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 09:36 PM   #1221
Colossus
n00b

I stated earlier that I used a simple basic attack on Mr. Storm. I believe I commented that it wasn't MY fault he was...Fragile?

I can't give you any more answer than the truth, I hit him with a basic attack. 1 ep worth. I also noted OOC that I have a large multiplier on my attacks and to be wary.

*shrugs his massive metal frame* I don't know what else you people expect me to say. There is no chicanery here, I am a man of brute force but I am not an ignorant brute. I can control myself when necessary.

For now, I must retire. The scratches from Samurai and the others need to be polished off of my skin. I will return on the morrow.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:37 PM   #1222
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFury View Post
Grow a sack son and make up your own mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFury View Post
Apparently you lost more than just the use of your legs

[ ooc, and prolly this belongs in the other thread, but I posit Nick Fury = Hell Atlantic. ]
Old 10-08-2008, 09:38 PM   #1223
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Post #1130: HenryPym attacks Gambit
Post #1131: NickFury attacks Colossus
Post #1132: IronFist attacks Spider-Man
Post #1135: Firebird attacks Spider-Man
Post #1140: Apocalypse attacks Gambit (physical)
Post #1142: Mr.Fantastic unattacks Mimic, attacks Colossus
Post #1151: SilverSurfer attacks Scarlet Witch
Post #1159: ProfX attacks Spider-Man
Post #1160: Beast attacks Gambit
Post #1171: Scarlet Witch unattacks JeanGrey, attacks SilverSurfer
Post #1188: Magneto defends Scarlet Witch

HenryPym was the 8th person to attack Gambit and at this time only 3 people had attacked Spider-man. It seemed pretty obvious that Gambit was going to get it by now (even if each person only did 1 point of damage, he would be close to death I am guessing). Suddenly a bunch of people started attacking Spider-man instead causing a great bit of damage on a second target. The additional blows that Apocolypse and Beast performed on Gambit were by far better even if overkill at that point rather than doing damage to another person and possibly killing off two heros on the same day.

From this, I feel a bit better about HenryPym, NickFury, SilverSurfer and Beast.. and a little worse about Ironfist, Firebird and ProfessorX (who actually asked Apocolypse whom to attack but went a different direction from him).

I guess none of this is firm in cement until we find out at some point if Spider-man is indeed good or bad, but I think it is worth noting for the future, that it probably is a bad idea to overwhelmingly attack multiple people on the same day because of the lynch mechanism of this game.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:40 PM   #1224
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
ooc: After this game, someone will have to tell me this entire story. I definitely do not read comic books and barely know what I know from movies. I've had to PM back and forth with Hoopsguy like 30 times in discussing various things so far.

It's all in Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars. I just looked on wikipedia and it doesn't have information on Colossus falling for the alien healer. (Forgive me as this is all from memory) Suffice it to say that Colossus was dating Kitty Pride (Ariel/Shadowcat) at the time that the Beyonder kidnapped the X-Men (minus Kitty). Colossus was injured in battle (I believe Issue #5) by the Wrecking Crew and left behind by the X-Men (a decision made by Charles Xavier who had just regained the use of his legs and became a field leader). Colossus was healed by an alien healer named Zsaji and it is alluded that as a side effect of her healing abilities the patient falls in love with her. The Human Torch is also healed by her earlier and they "date". Colossus becomes jealous and tries to picture Kitty but can only picture Zsaji's face (maybe issue #8?). At the end of the Secret War, Doom kills all of the heroes with a bolt from the blue (Issue #11) but Colossus had transformed into his armored form just before that. Zsaji finds him and brings him back to life, sacrificing her life in the process (Issue #12).

Colossus returns to Earth, but is still in love with Zsaji and breaks up with Kitty. He then gets his ass kicked by Juggernaut while Wolverine and Nightcrawler watch. Good stuff back then when Chris Claremont had it going on.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:41 PM   #1225
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanGrey View Post
Order Mr. Fantastic to Protect Mimic

If my understanding of the potential use of Reed's time is correct, this order will prevent him from performing the research actions he had planned. Most unfortunate choice in this regard, Jean.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:43 PM   #1226
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
I do not doubt that the ability exists, but if that were the case for Eric, it would be a special ability. Eric already used his special action for today by participating in the successful assault on the Sentinel factory. As such, he would only have been permitted a standard attack.

[ooc] FYI -- Standard attacks and defenses are both allowed, independent of mission/guard/special abilities.[\ooc]

In case anyone doubts the wisdom of my actions, despite my defense my daughter took a serious blow. I was genuinely worried that even the lightest blow of the former Herald of Galactus, one of the most powerful beings in the galaxy, might be a threat.

I believe that Mimic's plan can defeat Galactus, and I think her assistance may be necessary to success. I also think that she is loyal to Apocalypse and, in her own way, was integral to this afternoon's successful mission against the rebels.

[ooc again] Plus, you have to admit, seeing crusty old Magneto swoop in before the deadline to protect his snotty little girl was kind of cool.[\ooc]
Magneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 09:44 PM   #1227
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Just noting for reference, doing this will prevent me from completing my research, which was explicitly the reason several people (including Apocalypse) told me to not go on the missions today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanGrey View Post
My apologies. Finding someone who is both not involved in research and was not on a mission proved to be taxing. I found your name and proceeded. Let me see if I can find someone more suitable and also see if I can change my order.

Perhaps there is wisdom in reviewing the records of tonight's events before placing my synthezoid foot into my synthezoid mouth. Carry on, if you please.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:44 PM   #1228
ProfessorX
Mascot

Reed - My attack on Spiderman was hardly a pinprick. As I have stated, I have not unleased the full power of my mental abilities on anyone at this point. I don't believe 1 point of damage on Spiderman is very significant.
ProfessorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 09:44 PM   #1229
ProfessorX
Mascot

[ooc] by hardly i mean "barely" [/ooc]
ProfessorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 09:45 PM   #1230
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post
She is impertinent, Magneto. Not a bad thing, but she must learn about respect. My correction will remain minimal out of respect for you.

Respect?! For you? After coming out against me a mere hours after I was so essential in destroying the Sentinel base? I'm surprised more people aren't impertinent toward you. Granted, I'm probably past my usefulness at this point, since I'm guess everyone else has more energy than me, but I think I am owed some freaking gratitude, rather than this lesson about respect.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:46 PM   #1231
Mimic
High School JV

Oh and Colossus gets pissed at Logan and Kurt and it goes like this:

Colossus: You stood by and watched!
Wolvie: Yep.
Colossus: That is not how a team operates!
Wolvie: We're supposed to do anything for each other?
Colossus: Yes!
Wolvie: Even die for each other?
Colossus: Yes!
Wolvie: That's what Kitty did when she was willing to sacrifice herself to the Morlocks so you would live. And you never said thank you.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:47 PM   #1232
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet Witch View Post
Respect?! For you? After coming out against me a mere hours after I was so essential in destroying the Sentinel base? I'm surprised more people aren't impertinent toward you. Granted, I'm probably past my usefulness at this point, since I'm guess everyone else has more energy than me, but I think I am owed some freaking gratitude, rather than this lesson about respect.

Tell it to him Urethra.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:48 PM   #1233
Mimic
High School JV

And with that, I'm out for the night.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:51 PM   #1234
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
I know my daughter. She is committed to the reign of Apocalypse, and she showed it prior to this afternoon's mission against the rebels.

STANDARD DEFENSE EXTENDED TO SCARLET WITCH

My interest has certainly been picqued. With regard to both of you.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:53 PM   #1235
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Hrm. I remember seeing an android chuckling today, but I can't remember where....
[ ooc - lol I almost added a smalltext disclaimer thanking Mimic for the inspiration, but decided it would ruin the flavor! You da man! ]
Old 10-08-2008, 09:56 PM   #1236
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
More curious is why Magneto would think his daughter needed protection. Who did he think would target her, the rebels? If so, why? It seemed he was responding to her irreverent attack on the prelates not any danger from traitors.

Perhaps he sees how useful I can be, and wanted to make sure I was not a target tonight?
Old 10-08-2008, 09:58 PM   #1237
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:

I believe you will find what you seek below, Dr. McCoy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Additional Game Notes:
4. Character powers will take precedence over any rules posted in this thread. The rules here are meant to apply to the majority, but in some cases may not apply to a small minority
5. This is a comic book setting. Expect some new mechanics for this game that pay homage to a comic book universe.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:59 PM   #1238
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
I don't like that either, but it seemed as if she was not reading the conversation very thoroughly today. Hopefully that will change tomorrow.

[ooc]Hell, even Apocalypse didn't seem to read the thread well today. Why he didn't choose another Prelate I don't know. Must be senility. [/ooc]

On a different note, I believe I convinced her I can defeat your old master; perhaps that is why she choose to double-protect me. As it stands, I hold inherent defenses as well and I would be greatly amused if I were attacked. It might even aid me.

Perhaps our Lord is just waiting until he finds someone he can be sure is loyal to his cause, rather than acting quickly and choosing incorrectly?
Old 10-08-2008, 10:00 PM   #1239
SilverSurfer
Mascot

Quote:

Gratitude? You seek gratitude?

You are the servant of our Lord Apocalypse. You do not receive 'gratitude'. You are hopeful he finds your service useful. You are owed nothing, child.
SilverSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:00 PM   #1240
HenryPym
Mascot

Vison, Vision, Vision. there you go putting your foot in your mouth again. I already pointed that out to him.
HenryPym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:00 PM   #1241
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

It is only a passing curiosity. It occurs to Dr. Doom that there may be those besides the traitors who have a loyalty before that to Apocalypse. Worth considering.

At the moment I am more interested in the actions of Jean Grey. We shall see what transpires this night and whether she has played into the hands of the traitors.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:02 PM   #1242
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
I stated earlier that I used a simple basic attack on Mr. Storm. I believe I commented that it wasn't MY fault he was...Fragile?

I can't give you any more answer than the truth, I hit him with a basic attack. 1 ep worth. I also noted OOC that I have a large multiplier on my attacks and to be wary.

*shrugs his massive metal frame* I don't know what else you people expect me to say. There is no chicanery here, I am a man of brute force but I am not an ignorant brute. I can control myself when necessary.

For now, I must retire. The scratches from Samurai and the others need to be polished off of my skin. I will return on the morrow.

I'd run this by him, but maybe you can bury your attacks on Mr. Fantastic? I thought he argued somewhere that he can take a beating.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:07 PM   #1243
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
HenryPym was the 8th person to attack Gambit and at this time only 3 people had attacked Spider-man. It seemed pretty obvious that Gambit was going to get it by now (even if each person only did 1 point of damage, he would be close to death I am guessing). Suddenly a bunch of people started attacking Spider-man instead causing a great bit of damage on a second target. The additional blows that Apocolypse and Beast performed on Gambit were by far better even if overkill at that point rather than doing damage to another person and possibly killing off two heros on the same day.

From this, I feel a bit better about HenryPym, NickFury, SilverSurfer and Beast.. and a little worse about Ironfist, Firebird and ProfessorX (who actually asked Apocolypse whom to attack but went a different direction from him).

I guess none of this is firm in cement until we find out at some point if Spider-man is indeed good or bad, but I think it is worth noting for the future, that it probably is a bad idea to overwhelmingly attack multiple people on the same day because of the lynch mechanism of this game.

Yet another reason for you to use your mighty attacks on Mr. Fantastic, Colossus. He feels good about SilverSurfer after his attack on me!
Old 10-08-2008, 10:10 PM   #1244
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
It's all in Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars. I just looked on wikipedia and it doesn't have information on Colossus falling for the alien healer. (Forgive me as this is all from memory) Suffice it to say that Colossus was dating Kitty Pride (Ariel/Shadowcat) at the time that the Beyonder kidnapped the X-Men (minus Kitty). Colossus was injured in battle (I believe Issue #5) by the Wrecking Crew and left behind by the X-Men (a decision made by Charles Xavier who had just regained the use of his legs and became a field leader). Colossus was healed by an alien healer named Zsaji and it is alluded that as a side effect of her healing abilities the patient falls in love with her. The Human Torch is also healed by her earlier and they "date". Colossus becomes jealous and tries to picture Kitty but can only picture Zsaji's face (maybe issue #8?). At the end of the Secret War, Doom kills all of the heroes with a bolt from the blue (Issue #11) but Colossus had transformed into his armored form just before that. Zsaji finds him and brings him back to life, sacrificing her life in the process (Issue #12).

Colossus returns to Earth, but is still in love with Zsaji and breaks up with Kitty. He then gets his ass kicked by Juggernaut while Wolverine and Nightcrawler watch. Good stuff back then when Chris Claremont had it going on.

(ooc) From reading this thread and from wikipedia, I had no idea comic books were so much like soap operas. I thought that everyone was out saving the world and stuff, not hooking up with each other and bickering with each other all the time -- although maybe my character has more of that stuff than others. (/ooc)
Old 10-08-2008, 10:15 PM   #1245
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

Bah, enough petty bickering. You yourself, Scarlet Witch, aimed your attacks at two of our Prelates. What reason do you give to remain above suspicion other than your supposed aid on the mission today? None here are above suspicion or attack other than Lord Apocalypse, enough whining.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:21 PM   #1246
Firebird
n00b

Well, it is not good (obviously) to lose one that is loyal. Perhaps we can see who attacked whom and glean information from that tomorrow.
Firebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:24 PM   #1247
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
Bah, enough petty bickering. You yourself, Scarlet Witch, aimed your attacks at two of our Prelates. What reason do you give to remain above suspicion other than your supposed aid on the mission today? None here are above suspicion or attack other than Lord Apocalypse, enough whining.

Are Prelates untouchable? Is this band of supposed Heroes unwilling to risk attacking someone, simply because they hold the 'esteemed' title of Prelate? The death of a Prelate does not have to be a bad thing; rather it's a high-risk, high-reward move. If we sit back and are afraid to take some shots, we risk letting the rebels take over by inaction.

As for what reason other than my aid -- what more do I need to give? How anyone could look at that mission and not see that my allegiance could lie nowhere else BUT with Apocalypse completely baffles me.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:25 PM   #1248
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
[ooc again] Plus, you have to admit, seeing crusty old Magneto swoop in before the deadline to protect his snotty little girl was kind of cool.[\ooc]

(ooc) Heh, I thought it was cool -- but I might have been the only one. (/ooc)
Old 10-08-2008, 10:37 PM   #1249
Apocolypse
n00b

Quote:
Are Prelates untouchable? Is this band of supposed Heroes unwilling to risk attacking someone, simply because they hold the 'esteemed' title of Prelate? The death of a Prelate does not have to be a bad thing; rather it's a high-risk, high-reward move. If we sit back and are afraid to take some shots, we risk letting the rebels take over by inaction.

As for what reason other than my aid -- what more do I need to give? How anyone could look at that mission and not see that my allegiance could lie nowhere else BUT with Apocalypse completely baffles me.

In order to attack a Prelate I expect more evidence than they hit me. There should be some argument that they are of the rebellion before attacking them.
Apocolypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:38 PM   #1250
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:

Wanda, your rhetoric borders on the hysterical. Your words and attacks seemed erratic at the end portion of the evening, and it does not appear as though there was much of a reaction - the Surfer delivers immense power to be sure, but he acted alone, remember.

It is your second paragraph that is most troubling to me at the moment, though. Surely you can see the advantages from a rebel perspective in "throwing" a round, so as to get credit for helping our cause. If anything, I would speculate that the Sentinel mission seemed likely to succeed anyway, with four more heroes committed to it than the failed mission of the previous day.

I for one do not have you as especially suspicious at this time, but the shrillness of your protestations can reasonably be expected to draw attention.