Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-11-2011, 08:42 PM   #1201
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Yeah, let me finish reading and I'll start putting some ideas out there. But probably a little late to get movement today.

In the 3 way race I see right now I'll end up voting DV but really I don't think any of the three are wolves based on a combination of gut + movement today.

this info might have been useful about an hour ago. Thanks Hoops!

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 08:43 PM   #1202
Telle
College Starter

vote Lathum

Thomkal brings up a good point about the fishiness of the timing of that whole passing to Chubby thing. Better to put this to bed and not keep worrying about it.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 08:44 PM   #1203
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vilus View Post
yeah, what's the hold up?

Sorry.. playing with some new software I just downloaded and it's distracting me
Old 08-11-2011, 08:44 PM   #1204
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Since the votes don't appear to be there for BK

Unvote Barkeep49
Vote Darth Vilus
Racer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 08:46 PM   #1205
hoopsguy
General Manager

I think there were three people who were pretty aggressive in trying to get Danny to be lynched yesterday. Chubby, BK, and me. I think it is entirely possible that BK was playing the "villager-friendly wolf" yesterday and setting up a confrontation with Danny. The wolves knew Danny was in trouble, and wanted to try and find some way to make chicken salad out of chicken s**t. But is that really the most likely scenario for voting for someone today?

Just because I trust Chubby doesn't mean I think Lathum is a wolf. I'm quite sure Lathum is irritated - he has made that abundantly clear - but I don't think that makes him a wolf and I'm not strongly buying the cases that have been put forth by others.

If I was going to push candidates right now they would likely include Autumn, Thomkal, Zinto, and Racer. Not in that order. And that is absent terribly detailed post/vote analysis due to lack of time. But I don't think we're going to have sufficient time to swing stuff around at this juncture. I just hope that these guys start coming up in the conversation at some point because I would be more enthusiastic about voting for them than the people who are on the block right now.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 08:46 PM   #1206
Autumn
Head Coach

Right now I'm not liking that Lathum never moved to Barkeep though he had the chance to push himself out of the lead that way.

unvote barkeep49
vote lathum
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 08:46 PM   #1207
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Yeah, let me finish reading and I'll start putting some ideas out there. But probably a little late to get movement today.

In the 3 way race I see right now I'll end up voting DV but really I don't think any of the three are wolves based on a combination of gut + movement today.

What are your thoughts - - before the lynch so that you don't get lambasted like I did last game for something like this and not saying it until the next day.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 08:47 PM   #1208
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
Sorry.. playing with some new software I just downloaded and it's distracting me

it's cool. i just like to face death head on and not be surprised.

Though.....do Sith ever really die?

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise

Last edited by Darth Vilus : 08-11-2011 at 08:49 PM.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:47 PM   #1209
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

vote count?
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 08:48 PM   #1210
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
this info might have been useful about an hour ago. Thanks Hoops!

Sorry, wasn't hear an hour ago and wasn't caught up 30 minutes ago.

I know my schedule is sub-standard for this game, but I'm doing the best I can with it. Sorry that this turned into something that may be a hanging vote, especially since I have an inkling that you are a villager. Just not as much as I think the other two are likely to be villagers.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:48 PM   #1211
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Though.....do Sith every really die?

not in some games... you ass
Old 08-11-2011, 08:49 PM   #1212
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

just for spelling

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 08-11-2011, 08:49 PM   #1213
Autumn
Head Coach

I think that I was more involved in making Danny a candidate than you, frankly, Hoops. Certain Barkeep was all over him, and Chubby obviously put out the information that got Danny lynched. But I was first on him after day one, and first I think to follow Chubby's info and keep the pressure on him all day.

Even before Danny came up bad, Barkeep that just really struck me oddly with the way he was harping on Danny. I feel like a villager wouldn't have been so incensed with making a point that Danny could be faking, it felt like he was putting on a show. Maybe not, but with the way Lathum avoided voting BK at the end here, and avoided voting Danny at the end the other night, I'm thinking the two of them might be the ones.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:49 PM   #1214
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

Though.....do Sith every really die?

Assuming you are a villager, do you want to put out any kind of final trust/distrust list for us to factor in going forward? Because it feels like your votes have been pretty defensive over the last hour. Defensive votes don't necessarily indicate where your feelings really lie and I would like to hear it.

If you're a wolf, I would like to hear your manufactured list as well. Stuff like that amuses me later in games.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:49 PM   #1215
Racer
College Benchwarmer

What's the vote count at this point?
Racer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 08:50 PM   #1216
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I think there were three people who were pretty aggressive in trying to get Danny to be lynched yesterday. Chubby, BK, and me. I think it is entirely possible that BK was playing the "villager-friendly wolf" yesterday and setting up a confrontation with Danny. The wolves knew Danny was in trouble, and wanted to try and find some way to make chicken salad out of chicken s**t. But is that really the most likely scenario for voting for someone today?

Just because I trust Chubby doesn't mean I think Lathum is a wolf. I'm quite sure Lathum is irritated - he has made that abundantly clear - but I don't think that makes him a wolf and I'm not strongly buying the cases that have been put forth by others.

If I was going to push candidates right now they would likely include Autumn, Thomkal, Zinto, and Racer. Not in that order. And that is absent terribly detailed post/vote analysis due to lack of time. But I don't think we're going to have sufficient time to swing stuff around at this juncture. I just hope that these guys start coming up in the conversation at some point because I would be more enthusiastic about voting for them than the people who are on the block right now.
I don't buy it. And this goes back to my fabled trust chart, is that the inclination was to believe his reveal. There was NO need for a villager friendly wolf. Instead the wolves merely had to sit back and let the villagers proclaim their trust.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 08:50 PM   #1217
Autumn
Head Coach

I think it's 8-8 DV-Lathum, 2 for Barkeep.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:50 PM   #1218
Zinto
College Starter

What is the vote count at? Barkeep is done as a candidate and I do not want to be on a fringe candidate.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 08:50 PM   #1219
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Sorry, wasn't hear an hour ago and wasn't caught up 30 minutes ago.

I know my schedule is sub-standard for this game, but I'm doing the best I can with it. Sorry that this turned into something that may be a hanging vote, especially since I have an inkling that you are a villager. Just not as much as I think the other two are likely to be villagers.

just being an ass. As chubby just said. I have no right to comment on anyone's availability

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 08-11-2011, 08:50 PM   #1220
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I don't buy it. And this goes back to my fabled trust chart, is that the inclination was to believe his reveal. There was NO need for a villager friendly wolf. Instead the wolves merely had to sit back and let the villagers proclaim their trust.

It still boggles my mind that you look at those reactions and call them "believing his reveal." It truly does.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:51 PM   #1221
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I think that I was more involved in making Danny a candidate than you, frankly, Hoops. Certain Barkeep was all over him, and Chubby obviously put out the information that got Danny lynched. But I was first on him after day one, and first I think to follow Chubby's info and keep the pressure on him all day.

Even before Danny came up bad, Barkeep that just really struck me oddly with the way he was harping on Danny. I feel like a villager wouldn't have been so incensed with making a point that Danny could be faking, it felt like he was putting on a show. Maybe not, but with the way Lathum avoided voting BK at the end here, and avoided voting Danny at the end the other night, I'm thinking the two of them might be the ones.

See, with me thinking the other way on BK and Lathum - and you both touting them as candidates while looking to credit yourself on the Danny stuff - is factoring into my suspicions of you this game. If we're both villagers then we are just very much on opposite sides with our reads this game. Except, apparently, Danny on Day 2.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:51 PM   #1222
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

I dont think Lathum is a wolf, seems just like plain old lathum to me

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 08-11-2011, 08:52 PM   #1223
Zinto
College Starter

Alright looks like I am going to move to DV since I don't think Lathum is a wolf what so ever.

Unvote Barkeep
Vote DV
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 08:52 PM   #1224
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Right now I'm not liking that Lathum never moved to Barkeep though he had the chance to push himself out of the lead that way.

b>

err, what?

I did move to BK, but switched back to DV when it looked like he may be the better option
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 08:52 PM   #1225
Telle
College Starter

DV 8
Lathum 7
Old 08-11-2011, 08:52 PM   #1226
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
It still boggles my mind that you look at those reactions and call them "believing his reveal." It truly does.
To my dying day (which fortunately does not appear to be during today's day cycle).
Old 08-11-2011, 08:52 PM   #1227
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

That's about it really, i dont have any vibe on anyione else. I would vote narcizo just for revenge though lol. that doesnt count though

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 08-11-2011, 08:52 PM   #1228
Autumn
Head Coach

And frankly, a wolf would not have to fake reveal at ten in the morning, or whenever Danny did either. That was Danny thinking another level up as a wolf, and we caught him at it. It was a clever idea, and I'm suggesting that if you were a wolf with him you would have the similarly clever idea of gaining trust out of it once he got caught. So the nice thing is it's a compliment ;-)

If it wasn't the two of you we were talking about, I would also find the idea harder to believe. So, stop being so clever in the future.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:53 PM   #1229
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

leap of faith time... now with zinto moved... now we're even lathum (for yesterday) i'm still looking at you tomorrow

unvote lathum
vote DV
Old 08-11-2011, 08:53 PM   #1230
Telle
College Starter

Quote:

unvote barkeep49
vote lathum

You twice voted Darth Vilus earlier today. Why the switch to Lathum over him?
Old 08-11-2011, 08:53 PM   #1231
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I dont think Lathum is a wolf, seems just like plain old lathum to me

I'll agree with this
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 08:53 PM   #1232
Autumn
Head Coach

I thought that made it 9-8? am I messed up?
Old 08-11-2011, 08:54 PM   #1233
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Assuming you are a villager, do you want to put out any kind of final trust/distrust list for us to factor in going forward? Because it feels like your votes have been pretty defensive over the last hour. Defensive votes don't necessarily indicate where your feelings really lie and I would like to hear it.

If you're a wolf, I would like to hear your manufactured list as well. Stuff like that amuses me later in games.

Sorry i can't be more help. just try not to kill Thor ok? That would suck

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 08-11-2011, 08:54 PM   #1234
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
You twice voted Darth Vilus earlier today. Why the switch to Lathum over him?

Because watching DV and Lathum, both of whom had the chance to move to save themselves, DV voted Lathum, but Lathum didn't vote Barkeep. That made me think Lathum was hoping DV would get it and he wouldn't have to push a fellow wolf up.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:55 PM   #1235
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Day 3 Voting as of Post 1231:

Darth Vilus 10 - Narcizo (940), Barkeep49 (1030), mckerney (1049), J23 (1065), ntndeacon (1136), Lathum (1140), hoopsguy (1200), Racer (1204), Zinto (1223), Chubby (1229)
Lathum 7 - Thomkal (974), ntndeacon (988), MrBug708 (1012), EagleFan (1035), Darth Vilus (1188), Telle (1202), Autumn (1206)
Barkeep49 1 - mauboy1 (1153)
ntndeacon 1 - jeheinz72 (942)

Last edited by JAG : 08-11-2011 at 08:55 PM.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 08:55 PM   #1236
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
err, what?

I did move to BK, but switched back to DV when it looked like he may be the better option

Yes, and maybe you just weren't around. Or maybe you were hoping to not have to vote BK in the end.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:56 PM   #1237
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
And frankly, a wolf would not have to fake reveal at ten in the morning, or whenever Danny did either. That was Danny thinking another level up as a wolf, and we caught him at it. It was a clever idea, and I'm suggesting that if you were a wolf with him you would have the similarly clever idea of gaining trust out of it once he got caught. So the nice thing is it's a compliment ;-)

If it wasn't the two of you we were talking about, I would also find the idea harder to believe. So, stop being so clever in the future.

Of course he had to reveal then. There was a bandwagon on him at that point and if he waits too much longer it could be too late to stop without it seeming like a fake reveal. It was looking to be a runaway vote and then once he comes out with his reveal the votes melted away. That's why I say people believed his reveal.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:56 PM   #1238
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Because watching DV and Lathum, both of whom had the chance to move to save themselves, DV voted Lathum, but Lathum didn't vote Barkeep. That made me think Lathum was hoping DV would get it and he wouldn't have to push a fellow wolf up.

Thank you for having such a clear and concise reason It really struck me as odd when I noticed your vote history for today.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:56 PM   #1239
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

I'm not changing my vote tonight, NO TIES!
Old 08-11-2011, 08:56 PM   #1240
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Holy shit, went afk for a bit and got carried away with it.. Lots of action towards the end. I gotta catch up real quick.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:57 PM   #1241
hoopsguy
General Manager

I would ask that people not pass mistletoe to EagleFan and that people be aware of certain items that might need to go to certain roles. For example, if you think you know who might be Thor then don't pass him an item that might prevent him from getting his hammer from someone else passing it to him.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:57 PM   #1242
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Yes, and maybe you just weren't around. Or maybe you were hoping to not have to vote BK in the end.
It's one thing to say your guy says I'm bad. It's another to be so convinced I'm a wolf that you start to see conspiracies.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:57 PM   #1243
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
leap of faith time... now with zinto moved... now we're even lathum (for yesterday) i'm still looking at you tomorrow

unvote lathum
vote DV

FOr some reason this made me LOL
Old 08-11-2011, 08:58 PM   #1244
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Of course he had to reveal then. There was a bandwagon on him at that point and if he waits too much longer it could be too late to stop without it seeming like a fake reveal. It was looking to be a runaway vote and then once he comes out with his reveal the votes melted away. That's why I say people believed his reveal.

I don't remember exactly what time it was, but it seems it was first thing in the day. That's a bit early to say he had to reveal. Most wolves would have waited to see if they really needed to worry before pulling out a fake.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:58 PM   #1245
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
I would ask that people not pass mistletoe to EagleFan and that people be aware of certain items that might need to go to certain roles. For example, if you think you know who might be Thor then don't pass him an item that might prevent him from getting his hammer from someone else passing it to him.

Hmm, that isn't an easy read. If I were inclined to edit, I would choose this post. But I don't edit.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:59 PM   #1246
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
FOr some reason this made me LOL

lathum took a leap of faith with me last night so i'm willing to do the same tonight because... did i mention i don't want to see some BS tie due to switching last second?
Old 08-11-2011, 08:59 PM   #1247
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

he's just sore that i voted for him.

Twice!

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 08-11-2011, 08:59 PM   #1248
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
It's one thing to say your guy says I'm bad. It's another to be so convinced I'm a wolf that you start to see conspiracies.

Um, seeing conspiracies is how this game is played?!

That's how you make votes, right? You look at how people are voting and make theories based on that. That's why we like close votes, so we can see how people react.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:59 PM   #1249
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Conspiracy is the wrong word here. But the point remains that you can't use the unsupported idea of me being a wolf to justify negative voting patterns against others.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:59 PM   #1250
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Conspiracy is the wrong word here. But the point remains that you can't use the unsupported idea of me being a wolf to justify negative voting patterns against others.
It is, to use a logical fallacy, a very slippery slope.