Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-09-2007, 08:48 AM   #1201
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Anyway, when Pass threw that potion at me yesterday we became bonded. We were allowed to message one another and talk. We were afraid that the wolves would try to kill one of us in hopes of killing us both... Well thank goodness that didn't work. So when Pass died I got everything he found in the library last night, an acid knife recipe and a mind control recipe... Also, I when Pass died I could feel his pain and there was only one name that popped into my head...

vote Render
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 08:50 AM   #1202
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Ahh. Excellent. That is indeed good news.

Unvote path
Vote Render
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 08:51 AM   #1203
Barkeep49
Coordinator

BTW, my night PM indicated that the holy water watched over me last night. So it's a shame, in many ways, that they attacked Pass instead of me. However, we will be able to do a 1-1 trade here, it seems, so that's not bad at all.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:51 AM   #1204
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

But there is another wolf out there, and I have 4 spells that could really help the village out, but I need some ingredients

I would love vitroil, invisible powder, newt tail (I know somebody has this) dark tea leaves and a ceremonial dagger.

If anybody sends me these you would definitely be cleared in my book
Old 07-09-2007, 09:05 AM   #1205
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
Anyway, when Pass threw that potion at me yesterday we became bonded. We were allowed to message one another and talk. We were afraid that the wolves would try to kill one of us in hopes of killing us both... Well thank goodness that didn't work. So when Pass died I got everything he found in the library last night, an acid knife recipe and a mind control recipe... Also, I when Pass died I could feel his pain and there was only one name that popped into my head...

vote Render

No offense LSG, but was this actually IN your PM or are you making this leap of understanding based on the fact that you already had me as a target today?
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 09:28 AM   #1206
hoopsguy
General Manager

RendeR, it is going to be hard to sway people from trusting LSG today given that Pass cleared her with his last post before dying.

As a villager, why would she make something up?

Congrats on your first time as a wolf after an early run of villager games.

VOTE RENDER
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 09:30 AM   #1207
hoopsguy
General Manager

Also, I found a potion last night that could probably be equally helpful to both sides. The ingredients are parsley and lizard tail. If someone feels like moving those in my direction I would be grateful.

Alternatively, I can pass the potion to someone else to make use of it if there are any concerns about how I'm presenting info here.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:34 AM   #1208
RendeR
Coordinator

I'm jsut trying to verify that she was actually told that information and not simply infering it on her own. No need for her to lie about anything, she just believes I'm a wolf and because of her clearance by pass she can easily influence everyone.

Just want calrification.

I'm not dead yet, I may still find a way to vindicate myself!
Old 07-09-2007, 09:35 AM   #1209
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
No offense LSG, but was this actually IN your PM or are you making this leap of understanding based on the fact that you already had me as a target today?

It was actually in my pm buddy, sorry
Old 07-09-2007, 09:36 AM   #1210
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Anyway, I have a job interview, so I will be back in a couple of hours. If anybody has any of those ingredients I mentioned before, please send them my way!
Old 07-09-2007, 09:47 AM   #1211
hoopsguy
General Manager

No ingredients here, just two potions. I held onto the one that NTN had passed me (had a conditional to pass it if I was lynched) yesterday. Sorry I can't help here, LSG.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:53 AM   #1212
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
It was actually in my pm buddy, sorry

Probably just some reaction to a bad pepper or something
Old 07-09-2007, 10:04 AM   #1213
hoopsguy
General Manager

Wow, the early part of this game was just brutal for us.

Day 1 - no lynch
Day 2 - no wolves in mix (think this is a small assumption at this point)
Day 3 - no wolves in mix (again, small assumption)
Day 4 - extended weekend play, very late run to get our first wolf
Old 07-09-2007, 10:08 AM   #1214
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Sounds pretty clear.
Vote Render
ntndeacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:19 AM   #1215
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Just want to get this out in case I die -- due to the eternal bond potion, I learned that LSG is good.

I was in the great hall again last night and that was what I ended up researching. It is definitely a potion you want to throw at someone you trust.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:21 AM   #1216
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Thank goodness I was cleared before he died. We were both worried that if one of us died, the other would too... I am surprised they didn't go after me though

I'm not. Pass was the one person that most everyone trusted. Folks like you and I are still in the mix (or you were until Pass cleared you), so are not as appealing a night target.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:22 AM   #1217
hoopsguy
General Manager

Alan, are you playing with the nightfall option?

If this is in play, do people see a benefit to extended conversation on LSG vs RendeR today in lieu of voting nightfall?
Old 07-09-2007, 10:23 AM   #1218
hoopsguy
General Manager

Actually, if the wolves didn't know what the Eternal Bond did then they may have been hoping for a two-for-one play by killing Pass. Probably not expecting, but the possibility made me think that it was almost a sure thing that Pass was going down last night.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:25 AM   #1219
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I guess what I'd be most curious to hear is if we believe that all of the wolves would have voted on hoops to protect Ardent. Given how close they were to winning, I would say yes. If we think the answer is no that does open up the field slightly. Of course the answer could be yes except that hoops was also a wolf and we just were rocking it out yesterday. But I maintain that I don't think hoops is a wolf.

My thought is that we very well could have been wolf/wolf yesterday since it's no secret that hoops remains very high on my radar due to his uncharacteristic mistatements.

However, if I take the tack that hoops is a villager, then I'm not sure what to think now that LSG is cleared and I know I'm good. Possibly one of the early votes on Ardent didn't expect the run that developed. I don't think there was a reason to toss him under the bus unless it was a move designed to gain trust.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:26 AM   #1220
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Alan, are you playing with the nightfall option?

If this is in play, do people see a benefit to extended conversation on LSG vs RendeR today in lieu of voting nightfall?

If everyone votes nightfall, I can accelerate that, however there is obviously more that can go on today than just the vote.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:27 AM   #1221
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

vote Render

Well! Nice.

VOTE RENDER
Old 07-09-2007, 10:28 AM   #1222
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Here's a history of the votes. I think Render's late switch onto hoops should have been the nail in the coffin (giving hoops a two vote lead) and is further proof that he is bad. I also think it would strongly suggest that the bad guys did concentrate their votes on hoops meaning we should be looking at path, not hoops tomorrow. I want to make that point again and again in case I go down tonight: go after path, not hoops tomorrow.

842 --Path votes for hoopsguy (hoopsguy 1)
911 – hoopsguy votes for path (hoopsguy 1, path 1)
925 – LSG votes for hoopsguy (hoops 2, path 1)
939 – BK votes for LSG (hoops 2, path 1, LSG 1)
940 – Render votes for LSG (hoops 2, LSG 2, path 1)
941 – Pass votes for hoops (hoops 3, LSG 2, path 1)
967 – ntn votes for LSG (hoops 3, LSG 3, path 1)
973 – AE votes for hoops (hoops 4, LSG 3, path 1)
980 – BK unvotes LSG, votes for path (hoops 4, LSG 2, path 2)
986 – CR votes for path (hoops 4, path 3, LSG 2)
1006 – CR unvotes path, votes AE (hoops 4, path 2, LSG 2, AE 1)
NOTE: In 1009 ntn claims his vote is on path not LSG, though I did not find that vote and hoops also had that vote recorded incorrectly
1014 – hoops unvotes path, votes AE (hoops 4, LSG 2, AE 2, path 1)
1015 – ntn votes for AE (hoops 4, AE 3, LSG 1, path 1)
1026 – Render unvotes LSG, votes hoops (hoops 5, AE 3, path 1)
1069 – bk unvotes path, votes ardent (hoops 5, AE 4)
1071 – Pass unvotes hoops, votes AE (AE 5, hoops 4)
Old 07-09-2007, 10:29 AM   #1223
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
My thought is that we very well could have been wolf/wolf yesterday since it's no secret that hoops remains very high on my radar due to his uncharacteristic mistatements.

However, if I take the tack that hoops is a villager, then I'm not sure what to think now that LSG is cleared and I know I'm good. Possibly one of the early votes on Ardent didn't expect the run that developed. I don't think there was a reason to toss him under the bus unless it was a move designed to gain trust.
I think the voting pattern suggests otherwise frankly path.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:29 AM   #1224
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

There is no way that I would have, as a wolf, tried to set up wolf vs wolf. If I was in that position, I would take one for the team and try to obscure everyone else while taking as many villagers with me as possible. You've been on my team when I've done exactly that (Schmidty's "Thing" game).
Old 07-09-2007, 10:29 AM   #1225
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I don't see the value in nightfall as all that would mean is an extended night and I'm not sure the night does us any better than day.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:30 AM   #1226
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
There is no way that I would have, as a wolf, tried to set up wolf vs wolf. If I was in that position, I would take one for the team and try to obscure everyone else while taking as many villagers with me as possible. You've been on my team when I've done exactly that (Schmidty's "Thing" game).
This is 100% correct based on my having played with hoops in a couple games as a wolf and also having been a GM where hoops was a wolf.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:33 AM   #1227
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
I think the voting pattern suggests otherwise frankly path.

I understand that, Barkeep. However, your analysis is wrong.

I am absolutely clueless about your and hoops' suspicions of me. I do not understand it at all based on what I've done and said (not to mention the fact that I was one of the people Pass trusted due to our interactions), and the simple fact that you continue to push towards me really seems wolfish.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:34 AM   #1228
path12
Coordinator

By the way LSG, the only ingredient I have is sour milk.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:35 AM   #1229
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I understand that, Barkeep. However, your analysis is wrong.

I am absolutely clueless about your and hoops' suspicions of me. I do not understand it at all based on what I've done and said (not to mention the fact that I was one of the people Pass trusted due to our interactions), and the simple fact that you continue to push towards me really seems wolfish.
C'mon you know better. As a wolf there is NO incentive to have a vendetta against another player since you know that if people ever do support you that you'll come up wrong and be placed on the chopping block. My suspicion of you might be misguided but it is that of a villager.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:35 AM   #1230
RendeR
Coordinator

I won't vote nightfall anyway, obviously =)
Old 07-09-2007, 10:41 AM   #1231
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I won't vote nightfall anyway, obviously =)
Well good luck with your uphill climb.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:43 AM   #1232
RendeR
Coordinator

I may well end up lynched, but I may also have something else to do during the day and who knows, I might just save my own arse. One never knows until the gallows calls =)
Old 07-09-2007, 10:47 AM   #1233
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I may well end up lynched, but I may also have something else to do during the day and who knows, I might just save my own arse. One never knows until the gallows calls =)
This concerns me. It appears that the wolves might be able to do something with a potion. I ask again if anyone needs either of the ingredients I have.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:50 AM   #1234
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
This concerns me. It appears that the wolves might be able to do something with a potion. I ask again if anyone needs either of the ingredients I have.

I might just be talking out my ass too, but only the shadow knows....
Old 07-09-2007, 10:55 AM   #1235
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

I applaud the effort and hope that you bring something to the table that makes us think about the decision. Or at least entertains us.

From personal experience, it isn't much fun being in your spot if you don't have an audience (guilty or innocent). But if you do have an audience, it can be a really rewarding part of WW to change hearts and minds.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:00 AM   #1236
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

Negative. Neither potion that I have calls for a cactus bulb or yellow flower.

I'm looking for the following:
- mushrooms
- chamomile (to combine with mushrooms)
- parsley
- lizard tail (to combine with parsley)

I believe both of these potions could have value to either side going down the stretch. I also know that some people should know what the first one is, but I don't believe the second one has been discussed yet.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:03 AM   #1237
hoopsguy
General Manager

LoneStarGirl, it sounds like you had a mini-arsenal at your disposal last night. Do we have any synergies between potions/ingredients based on what you have and what BK (cactus bulb, yellow flower), Path (sour milk) and I have presented today?

NTN, do you have any stuff that we can use, or need any of the above stuff?
Old 07-09-2007, 11:04 AM   #1238
RendeR
Coordinator

Well, it appears I have nothing to lose, true?

So lets look at the facts:

There is more than one potion that can/should protect or heal someone. We've already seen the results of the holy water.

There are obviously enough items to make more than one potion of any given type and as others have worked out, there is more than one way to make any given potion.

I almost feinted a few pages back when someone mentione me in one post and then posted later about a wolf or wolves hoarding items.

I'll state it clearly, I've got almost 2 dozen items, some of which are already mixed into potions some are awaiting the proerp time to be passed or used as needed.

I have any number of options:

I can take someone with me, probably not something you villagers will be bothered by.

I can protect myself from harm, thereby wasting your lynch altogether tonight.

I can heal myself, thereby wasting your lynch altogether tonight.

I can convert someone, thereby utterly screwing up your CoT and setting you back to square 1 with a still 5-2 ratio. and 2 completely uknown wolves.

There are a couple other options which , for now, I'll keep under my cloak.

Go ahead, Lynch away. I'll get my pound of flesh.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:12 AM   #1239
Swaggs
Coordinator

Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 11:12 AM   #1240
hoopsguy
General Manager

Ah, the taunting wolf. That is an oldie but a goodie

If you could go ahead and tell us the rest of your master plan, and how you would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for us meddling kids that would be icing on the cake.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:16 AM   #1241
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post

Have any Pour Over Cheddar? I love that stuff.
Passacaglia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 11:25 AM   #1242
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I think if you could really do all that stuff you'd just do some of it. There appears to be no value in telling us all those options if you truly could do all of them.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:26 AM   #1243
Barkeep49
Coordinator

And I'll admit that even if half those things are true that Redner just said to being frustrated with this game.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:26 AM   #1244
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Hi Telle! You should consider joining in this fun.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:39 AM   #1245
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Go ahead, Lynch away. I'll get my pound of flesh.

Begone with you! [MontyPython] I fart in your general direction! [\MontyPython]
Old 07-09-2007, 11:52 AM   #1246
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
LoneStarGirl, it sounds like you had a mini-arsenal at your disposal last night. Do we have any synergies between potions/ingredients based on what you have and what BK (cactus bulb, yellow flower), Path (sour milk) and I have presented today?

NTN, do you have any stuff that we can use, or need any of the above stuff?

only thing I have in addition to that is another spell ...but we already know it.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:54 AM   #1247
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I would need newt tail and ground up glass fiber for the new potion I recieved
Old 07-09-2007, 11:55 AM   #1248
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
And I'll admit that even if half those things are true that Redner just said to being frustrated with this game.

I THINK I understood this, but it came out very confusing =)
Old 07-09-2007, 12:00 PM   #1249
Barkeep49
Coordinator

If there is no found synergy between the items we have available does it make sense to try and mix them anyway and then attempt to research them?
Old 07-09-2007, 12:05 PM   #1250
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:

Ok we'll try this again, with commas:

I'll admit that, even if half those things are true that Render just said, to being frustrated with this game.

Does that work better Render?