Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-20-2008, 11:30 AM   #1201
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I believe the scan happens before the kill. Didn't some people checkout GRF night 1? Or was that my imagination?

Scans happen before kills. If you scan someone who is night killed you will receive the result of that scan. Nobody scanned Greyroofoo night 1.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:31 AM   #1202
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

I remember reading this in the thread somewhere....I dont feel like looking it up in the 24 pages and I dont have to answer where cause it is true. Ask path12.
nfg22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 11:32 AM   #1203
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

ok...Im wrong again
I must be a wolf...
Old 02-20-2008, 11:32 AM   #1204
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

LOLZOrs..I suck...Im dead..
Old 02-20-2008, 11:35 AM   #1205
MikeVic
Head Coach

You're making it real hard to vote for someone else...
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 11:35 AM   #1206
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfg22 View Post
I remember reading this in the thread somewhere....I dont feel like looking it up in the 24 pages and I dont have to answer where cause it is true. Ask path12.

When first asked this question, I believe I said that if you scanned someone who was night killed you wouldn't receive the result of the scan. I was persuaded that this was a bad idea (and the situation hadn't come up when first asked) and so wanted to clarify it in thread.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:37 AM   #1207
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Well, good. My scan is the best scan of everyone's then. I scanned a villager and my scan was just that. So there.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 11:39 AM   #1208
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
When first asked this question, I believe I said that if you scanned someone who was night killed you wouldn't receive the result of the scan. I was persuaded that this was a bad idea (and the situation hadn't come up when first asked) and so wanted to clarify it in thread.

That's what I thought.

Yet im still dead. Ill learn next time to check what I say before I post it. I just dont know if I have the time to go back and read all the posts to make sure that I am quoting everyone perfect or that the scans are perfect. Maybe in a game with less seers ill do better.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:41 AM   #1209
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
I obviously missed out on my conditional vote, I'm sorry..

I was waiting until midnight for the results last night and as soon as I saw the results, I made my post knowing that I had scanned Pass and saw that he died, I was pissed I posted my post with the blanked out swear word and went to bed. I read my pm this morning from the GM and it said my scan for pass said he was a villager but he's now dead... like I've said, take it how you will but I don't know if it actually scanned for real though or if he just said that.

Anyhow, you're twisting my words, slightly with the whole "I predicted it would happen" when my prediction actually failed.

Am I wrong, or does Path's post saying that scans come before kills make this BS? He would have gotten a PM with his scan result BEFORE Path posted the results of the night kill, right???

Mau - you say above that your prediction actually failed, but in your original post (1095) you say:

Quote:
To the point that I'm now so pissed off since I put in a scan for him.

I was predicting something like this would happen with one of the groups that I decided to switch it up last minute and it happened to me anyways. Sorry again, guys. Two nights in a row with no scan. ****!

Again, the bolding is mine but doesn't "it happened to me anyways" indicate your "prediction" came true, but now you are backtracking and saying it was false?

If I'm missing something here, then convince me...it's all getting muddled with posts and questions so maybe you could clarify everything? What exactly were you "predicting"? I don't want to go off looking for something that isn't there, but this is all suspicious to me, but maybe I'm just really confused...
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 11:43 AM   #1210
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post

I was the one who asked you the question the first time. I was just thinking about how to appropriately go apeshit, considering I'm not in the game anymore.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 11:49 AM   #1211
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
I was the one who asked you the question the first time. I was just thinking about how to appropriately go apeshit, considering I'm not in the game anymore.

You are dead...ghosts don't talk Pass!!!
Old 02-20-2008, 11:55 AM   #1212
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl View Post
Am I wrong, or does Path's post saying that scans come before kills make this BS? He would have gotten a PM with his scan result BEFORE Path posted the results of the night kill, right???

The night kill post is made immediately before I send out the individual PM's.
Old 02-20-2008, 12:00 PM   #1213
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

My gooodness.

I predicted that one of the four groups scanned players was going to die. Thus I did not want to scan one of the groups because I thought one of them would get killed tonight so I changed it up and scanned pass. He ended up dying so in a sense, my plan backfired and hit me exactly how I didn't want it too.

Yay.

Conditionals should not be allowed if regular scans go through before the deaths.

And oliegirl, get off my case now. Thank you very much. Your assumptions are getting very annoying and making path confirm everything that I say. It is silly.
Old 02-20-2008, 12:03 PM   #1214
st.cronin
General Manager

My impression is oliegirl is making much out of next to nothing.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 12:09 PM   #1215
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Excuse the hell out me for asking questions. I didn't realize that only certain people were allowed to start conversations in this game...I thought I was onto something and it turns out I was probably wrong - I guess it's the first time this has ever happened in WW, you know, because we all trust each other and there is no reason to lie or go "fishing" when you think you have a theory.
Old 02-20-2008, 12:11 PM   #1216
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Nope...trust everyone. What were you thinking?
Old 02-20-2008, 12:12 PM   #1217
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I understand your fishing but there isn't a need for the GM to come out here and answer every question, it is more or less going at both of you.

I can understand your need to go fishing to get answers. Path's post last night was done at 12:06 last night, I believe, or at least my post was, I received my PM about 6 minutes later. It's a matter of believing people in this game and Path is just answering all of your questions for me, which I don't believe to be right.. but it's all good.

I apologize for sounding like an ass.
Old 02-20-2008, 12:15 PM   #1218
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Excuse the hell out me for asking questions. I didn't realize that only certain people were allowed to start conversations in this game...I thought I was onto something and it turns out I was probably wrong - I guess it's the first time this has ever happened in WW, you know, because we all trust each other and there is no reason to lie or go "fishing" when you think you have a theory.

I didn't mean you were wrong for pursuing your line of inquiry... just that I'm not impressed with the results. You should definitely be asking questions like that, though - that's good werewolf play.

knives out
Old 02-20-2008, 12:16 PM   #1219
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Quote:
I understand your fishing but there isn't a need for the GM to come out here and answer every question, it is more or less going at both of you.

I can understand your need to go fishing to get answers. Path's post last night was done at 12:06 last night, I believe, or at least my post was, I received my PM about 6 minutes later. It's a matter of believing people in this game and Path is just answering all of your questions for me, which I don't believe to be right.. but it's all good.

I apologize for sounding like an ass.

I only asked 1 question, and I quoted BK so I wasn't asking Path directly. NFG is the one who asked the other question/caused the other Path post.

This game is about questions...I've said something and had it misinterpreted MANY times...it's part of the game and if you aren't prepared to be questioned, then keep your mouth shut or don't play at all.
Old 02-20-2008, 12:17 PM   #1220
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Mau, You could still be wolf. The fact that you changed the plan because of being scared of having that person killed. What disadvantage would you have if the person you chose got killed? You would find out your accuracy. Here it seems as if you are trying to cover up something. Im saying you are but it seems so.
Old 02-20-2008, 12:18 PM   #1221
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I only asked 1 question, and I quoted BK so I wasn't asking Path directly. NFG is the one who asked the other question/caused the other Path post.

This game is about questions...I've said something and had it misinterpreted MANY times...it's part of the game and if you aren't prepared to be questioned, then keep your mouth shut or don't play at all.

*salutes*
Old 02-20-2008, 12:20 PM   #1222
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Mau, You could still be wolf. The fact that you changed the plan because of being scared of having that person killed. What disadvantage would you have if the person you chose got killed? You would find out your accuracy. Here it seems as if you are trying to cover up something. Im saying you are but it seems so.

This has been discussed on end now. This all happened before I knew everything about scans going through before deaths.

Good try though, but you're getting lynched tonight. I scanned you as a villager on N0 but who knows. Maybe I've got 100% accuracy and you're indeed a villager. It will be a good night of good information, I think.
Old 02-20-2008, 12:22 PM   #1223
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Quote:
*salutes*

LOL. You are forgiven. Sorry for the rant, I'm stressing today and it all just rubbed me the wrong way.
Old 02-20-2008, 12:23 PM   #1224
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Well maybe you are th perfect seer, cause I promise you im clean. My prediction?

The wolves will kill you tonight if you arent one. Then Cronin dies tommorow when they find im clean.
Old 02-20-2008, 12:26 PM   #1225
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

nfg22 is in panic mode, plus has said some pretty contradicting things. I gotta go with him right now as I did yesterday...

nfg22
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 12:27 PM   #1226
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

dammit i didnt put vote in bold...just so path catches it...

UNVOTE NFG22

VOTE NFG22
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 12:29 PM   #1227
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

heck...someone esle see my side here...oh well. Of course im panicking, I am on the chopping block..wouldnt you?

Unvote St. Cronin

Vote NFG22
Old 02-20-2008, 12:33 PM   #1228
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

gotta get my vote across tonight... might as well be you.

vote nfg22
Old 02-20-2008, 12:34 PM   #1229
MikeVic
Head Coach

LOL. Has anyone ever voted for themselves?
Old 02-20-2008, 12:34 PM   #1230
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
heck...someone esle see my side here...oh well. Of course im panicking, I am on the chopping block..wouldnt you?

Unvote St. Cronin

Vote NFG22
I hate the self vote.

NFG: As an alternative to trying to prove to people that you're innocent you could try and find someone who would make a better target.

But I agree things don't look real good for you at the moment...
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 12:34 PM   #1231
MikeVic
Head Coach

Do runaway votes like this happen often in WW?
Old 02-20-2008, 12:34 PM   #1232
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
LOL. Has anyone ever voted for themselves?
Unfortunately, yes.
Old 02-20-2008, 12:35 PM   #1233
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
They aren't frequent nor are they infrequent.
Old 02-20-2008, 12:36 PM   #1234
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Just trying to get some more thoughts going here...

Do you think one of the wolves would have faked their scan towards Lathum being a wolf? I know it'd be risky but how many people scanned Lathum? Lots apparently and we're supposed to believe that they're all real villagers that scanned him. It's easy for a wolf to blend in the crowd whether it be saying that he was a wolf or that he was a villager.
Old 02-20-2008, 12:36 PM   #1235
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsak16 View Post
dammit i didnt put vote in bold...just so path catches it...

UNVOTE NFG22

VOTE NFG22

What happened to the big-rousing post about if NFG ends up being good we're all in deep-doo-doo for lynching him? No wait, it was only Cronin was in deep-doo-doo.

jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 12:37 PM   #1236
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:

Well, what should be encouraging to nfg is that often when there is a runaway early in the day, that vote reverses itself later. This is especially true when there's not a concrete reason for the initial landslide, such as a normal seer scan. I don't think nfg is in a bad spot at all, personally. He's only a little worse off than he was yesterday.

knives out
Old 02-20-2008, 12:37 PM   #1237
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Just trying to get some more thoughts going here...

Do you think one of the wolves would have faked their scan towards Lathum being a wolf? I know it'd be risky but how many people scanned Lathum? Lots apparently and we're supposed to believe that they're all real villagers that scanned him. It's easy for a wolf to blend in the crowd whether it be saying that he was a wolf or that he was a villager.

I'm almost certain this happened. I mean think about it. If there are 5 wolves, we've got at least 15 bull**** scan reveals in this thread. To find out that one of them was on Lathum is far far far from surprising.
Old 02-20-2008, 12:38 PM   #1238
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I hate the self vote.

NFG: As an alternative to trying to prove to people that you're innocent you could try and find someone who would make a better target.

But I agree things don't look real good for you at the moment...

I'd agree with this 100%.

With no alternative presented, what else should we do.

Though the lack of presented alternative is worrisome in it's own right.
Old 02-20-2008, 12:39 PM   #1239
st.cronin
General Manager

Can somebody tell me which scans for today I've missed? Also if somebody has the n-0 scans, I'd like to see what assumptions they would enforce.

Code:
scanner target result claphamsa Lathum Student Barkeep49 Lathum Student RendeR Lathum Wolf Chief Rum Lathum Wolf ntndeacon Lathum wolf The Jackal Barkeep49 Student saldana Barkeep49 Student Dodgerchick Barkeep49 Student SnDvls Barkeep Student nfg22 claphamsa Student MikeVic Clap Wolf Bsak16 Chief Rum Student oliegirl ChiefRum Student st.cronin Passacaglia Wolf Mr. Wednesday Passacaglia Wolf Pumpy Tudors nfg22 Wolf Lathum Dodgerchick Wolf Passacaglia RendeR Student mauboy1 no scan jeheinz72 no scan RendeR - between 0 and 100 that he's a wolf (since Pass was neither TP nor Fool) st.cronin - 0 chance that he's the Teacher's Pet Mr. Wednesday - 0 chance that he's the Teacher's Pet claphamsa - 0 chance that he's the Fool Barkeep49 - 0 chance that he's the fool RendeR - 0 chance that he's the Teacher's Pet Chief Rum - 0 chance that he's the Teacher's Pet ntndeacon - 0 chance that he's the Teacher's Pet Mr.Wednesday Chief Rum student (could be wrong) Chief Rum nfg22 wolf (could be wrong) Barkee49 nfg22 wolf (could be correct) st.cronin Chief Rum wolf (could be wrong) TheJackal nfg22 student MikeVic Barkeep49 student jeheinz72 DodgerChick student nfg22 Chief Rum wolf RendeR DodgerChick student (could be wrong) oliegirl DodgerChick student

knives out
Old 02-20-2008, 12:45 PM   #1240
Lorena
Unregistered

Cronin, you might have missed one:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
I scanned Barkeep and he came up student again.

I dislike runaway votes as well, easy for wolves to hide in that mess.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 12:52 PM   #1241
st.cronin
General Manager

Thanks, DC.

I think I'm missing n-2 scans from these guys:

10. ntndeacon
13. saldana
17. SnDvls
18. Pumpy Tudors
19. Bsak16
21. Mr. Wednesday

I'm sure some of them have posted their scan results, I just missed them. Going to go back and see if I can find them.

knives out
Old 02-20-2008, 12:54 PM   #1242
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Ok...from my inspection BK is 50% because I am clean. CR is wrong 100%. The Jackal has been right 100% but BK always comes up as student.

By the way whatever newb said I lied, Cheif Rum does have more scans than me over the last two days. At least that is according to Cronin's post. You guys seriously keep saying im lying but I dont think I am.
Old 02-20-2008, 12:56 PM   #1243
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Thanks, DC.

I think I'm missing n-2 scans from these guys:

10. ntndeacon
13. saldana
17. SnDvls
18. Pumpy Tudors
19. Bsak16
21. Mr. Wednesday

I'm sure some of them have posted their scan results, I just missed them. Going to go back and see if I can find them.

NTN - Nothing yet
Saldana - DC/Student
SnDvls - CR/Student
PumpyTudors - nfg/Student
bsak - nfg/Student
Mr.w - CR/Student
Old 02-20-2008, 12:57 PM   #1244
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I scanned Pass as a villager.
Old 02-20-2008, 12:57 PM   #1245
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:

By the way whatever newb said I lied, Cheif Rum does have more scans than me over the last two days. At least that is according to Cronin's post. You guys seriously keep saying im lying but I dont think I am.

It's 6 and 6 now, actually
Old 02-20-2008, 12:59 PM   #1246
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

ok...yes with those added ones...I admit from a data point I am most beneficial. I also am split 50/50 between wolf and villager.
Old 02-20-2008, 01:00 PM   #1247
st.cronin
General Manager

updated, we're just waiting on ntndeacon:

Code:
scanner target result claphamsa Lathum Student Barkeep49 Lathum Student RendeR Lathum Wolf Chief Rum Lathum Wolf ntndeacon Lathum wolf The Jackal Barkeep49 Student saldana Barkeep49 Student Dodgerchick Barkeep49 Student SnDvls Barkeep Student nfg22 claphamsa Student MikeVic Clap Wolf Bsak16 Chief Rum Student oliegirl ChiefRum Student st.cronin Passacaglia Wolf Mr. Wednesday Passacaglia Wolf Pumpy Tudors nfg22 Wolf Lathum Dodgerchick Wolf Passacaglia RendeR Student mauboy1 no scan jeheinz72 no scan RendeR - between 0 and 100 that he's a wolf (since Pass was neither TP nor Fool) st.cronin - 0 chance that he's the Teacher's Pet Mr. Wednesday - 0 chance that he's the Teacher's Pet claphamsa - 0 chance that he's the Fool Barkeep49 - 0 chance that he's the fool RendeR - 0 chance that he's the Teacher's Pet Chief Rum - 0 chance that he's the Teacher's Pet ntndeacon - 0 chance that he's the Teacher's Pet Mr.Wednesday Chief Rum student (could be wrong) Chief Rum nfg22 wolf (could be wrong) Barkee49 nfg22 wolf (could be correct) st.cronin Chief Rum wolf (could be wrong) TheJackal nfg22 student MikeVic Barkeep49 student jeheinz72 DodgerChick student nfg22 Chief Rum wolf RendeR DodgerChick student (could be wrong) oliegirl DodgerChick student DodgerChick Barkeep49 student claphamsa st.cronin wolf mauboy1 Passacaglia student saldana DodgerChick student bsak16 nfg22 student Pumpy Tudors nfg22 student SnDvls Chief Rum student

knives out
Old 02-20-2008, 01:08 PM   #1248
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I scanned Pass as a villager.
Isn't ollie's point that mau has been very inconsistent about stating whether or not he recieved a scan? Not saying the charge is true (haven't really investigated it) just tying to make sure I understand what's been said.
Old 02-20-2008, 01:11 PM   #1249
st.cronin
General Manager

Does anybody have the n-0 scans, or remember what page they were posted on? I can't find that list anywhere.

knives out
Old 02-20-2008, 01:15 PM   #1250
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Isn't ollie's point that mau has been very inconsistent about stating whether or not he recieved a scan? Not saying the charge is true (haven't really investigated it) just tying to make sure I understand what's been said.

I stated this morning in the get going that I received a pm stating that my scan was on Pass but I assumed it didn't go through. In the meantime the answer about whether or not the scan counted got answered.. so my scan was true. I'll find out tonight whether I'm at least 100% right so far. NFG was my Night 0 Scan as a villager. So we'll see.