Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-04-2013, 01:20 PM   #1201
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post

And Autumn...wouldn't I be like...dead if I was a human sacrifice?

No, I mean that we had that ritual killing, NTN I think it was? after you read the book.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:21 PM   #1202
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Oh oh oh. I see where you're going with that now.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:22 PM   #1203
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I don't really have any way of refuting that, though I will note that my deciphering the book benefited us a couple of quests ago, according to the writeup (we auto-completed a deciphering quest instead of having to burn a day working on it) If I was a cultist, it'd stand to reason I'da been able to screw that up.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:23 PM   #1204
Autumn
Head Coach

CF
JAG x2
Simbo
CW x2
Boo
Font
Autumn
Saldana
Britrock x1

This is the list from earlier in the thread of people who were working on decoding the book when it failed. Cf and Font are dead, but I believe all the rest are alive, so I don't think this clears you CW. You are right that there is probably a cultist among this list besides you, which may very well be me or JAG. But it's not like we're the only options.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:25 PM   #1205
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Jeezus...this game isn't over yet??

I'm ready for a new game - didn't want to play in this one cuz I was away on vacation. That was two weeks ago I left though...c'mon guys!!!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:30 PM   #1206
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

It doesn't clear me, no. But I'm working from the knowledge that I'm not a cultist. We all know how well that claim works in WW, but whaddya gonna do.

From my perspective and information, - I'm not a cultist, that means you or JAG is. Simple as that.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:33 PM   #1207
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
If you can assume the person who scanned me after that was on the level, I was not a cultist at that time. Meaning someone else in that list was. Now we have another failed task with 3 of the same people on it.

Yes, I could have been converted after that. I wasn't, but it's irrelevant in my point. Either JAG or Autumn, or both, is absolutely a cultist.

You're changing your tune then, CW, because right here in this post you said that either JAG or I were absolutely a cultist because you were scanned earlier. But in fact, no, you could be a cultist.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:35 PM   #1208
Autumn
Head Coach

However, I think I will probably go by Occam's razor and assume that JAG is the cultist. It seemed likely that either JAG or CW faked work on that decoding because we failed by two points. CW was cleared at that point, so there's a good chance it was JAG (of course it might otherwise have been two or more cultists faking). But to me that makes JAG the most likely suspect out of the three of us. Nothing to clear or convict any of us, but makes me lean that way.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:35 PM   #1209
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
CF
JAG x2
Simbo
CW x2
Boo
Font
Autumn
Saldana
Britrock x1

This is the list from earlier in the thread of people who were working on decoding the book when it failed. Cf and Font are dead, but I believe all the rest are alive, so I don't think this clears you CW. You are right that there is probably a cultist among this list besides you, which may very well be me or JAG. But it's not like we're the only options.

boo is dead, font is still alive. CW has been scanned, but that was back on Night 3 and by a person who we don't know is a cultist, so at this point I don't know how much weight I want to give it.

However, if the scan was true, there were two cultists who faked that day among the list of people above.

If the reporter is in the game, I think they have to reveal as soon as possible because we should be able to lynch a cultist today with their information. There is no good reason I can think of to hold back at this point with a dwindling villager population and the chance they could get accidentally offed like boo was before he could use his scan.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:39 PM   #1210
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Not so much. My point still stands - I was not a cultist at the time of the last mission failure. That's as close to a hard fact as you're gonna get in this game. I'm not a cultist now as well. That, I can't prove that one way or another, hence my viewing it as irrelevant.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:42 PM   #1211
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
That said, what's the harm in keeping known baddies around? They can't coordinate; they can't do much more to thwart the group (that we know of) than by faking work...

I do wanna note, I strongly disagree here. We've just lost a day to a cultist screwing around with work, and as our numbers dwindle, it's going to be easier for cultists to sabotage jobs.

One or more of myself, Autumn, and JAG is a cultist. Time to no lynch votes is over, even if it's my head on a plate tonight.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:45 PM   #1212
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
However, I think I will probably go by Occam's razor and assume that JAG is the cultist. It seemed likely that either JAG or CW faked work on that decoding because we failed by two points. CW was cleared at that point, so there's a good chance it was JAG (of course it might otherwise have been two or more cultists faking). But to me that makes JAG the most likely suspect out of the three of us. Nothing to clear or convict any of us, but makes me lean that way.

If you're a villager, in your position I would probably come to that conclusion as well, so I can't really blame you even though it doesn't happen to be correct in this case. I don't have anything concrete to point to that clears me.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:48 PM   #1213
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Not so much. My point still stands - I was not a cultist at the time of the last mission failure. That's as close to a hard fact as you're gonna get in this game. I'm not a cultist now as well. That, I can't prove that one way or another, hence my viewing it as irrelevant.

Right, but you implied in your post that the fact that JAG and I were on the previous list confirmed that one of us was a cultist. In fact there are still a list of people who could have been the cultists that day, not just us. It seemed a bit disingenuous to imply that we had narrowed that list down somehow to just the three of us.

I think the evidence suggests either JAG or I, and I would lean more towards JAG than me. However, I do wonder if it's CW and the reason he dared to fake was that he knew he was the least likely out of the three to be lynched.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:49 PM   #1214
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I do wanna note, I strongly disagree here. We've just lost a day to a cultist screwing around with work, and as our numbers dwindle, it's going to be easier for cultists to sabotage jobs.

One or more of myself, Autumn, and JAG is a cultist. Time to no lynch votes is over, even if it's my head on a plate tonight.

I agree that I don't like the idea of leaving a cultist around when we appear to have good information on where at least one is. We have no idea what actions they're taking at night, but it stands to reason as their numbers improve they can do more things that can disrupt our efforts.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:49 PM   #1215
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
If you're a villager, in your position I would probably come to that conclusion as well, so I can't really blame you even though it doesn't happen to be correct in this case. I don't have anything concrete to point to that clears me.

Thanks for fixing my mistake on boo and fontisian. Sorry Font!

But yes, same here. I don't think I particularly have any evidence in my favor, so the vote should probably be between you and I today.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:51 PM   #1216
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

If Coffee gets lynched, what happens to The Book?
Old 02-04-2013, 01:52 PM   #1217
Autumn
Head Coach

Looking at it on a second level, thinking which of us would decide to fake the work given the situation, I think it reverses things. CW seems to have the best reason to fake the work, given that he's least likely to get lynched, and he manages to get rid of a doctor and a guy who's really been keeping the village organized on tasks. I would be second most likely to fake, I think, since I stand a good chance of getting lynched but can probably count on JAG going before I do. JAG seems least likely to fake, given that the evidence points at him and all he has to lean on is that he's been seemingly a very helpful villager.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:57 PM   #1218
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

If I find out after the game that the cultists have some other way to screw up a quest other than having people directly involved fake work, I will be disappointed but think they made a good strategic decision of choosing our quest segment to be disrupted.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:49 PM   #1219
Autumn
Head Coach

Following my own thoughts again, there is of course a distinct possibility that the cultist faked knowing they'd get lynched but figuring it would be worth it anyway. That's keeping me from just voting CW on that measure.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:35 PM   #1220
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

Vote JAG

That's by no means a solid vote yet, but my gut is leaning towards him.
Simbo Klice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:07 PM   #1221
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm going to follow my gut. I can believe that JAG decided screwing with the tasks was worth probably getting lynched, but I think it's more likely Coffee Warlord figured he could get away with it due to his scan, and that the village would gladly string up the two of us before they got to him. CW immediately came out and encouraged that thought, which makes it seem even more likely. However, clearly I'm going to vote to save myself if necessary, as that's the only thing I'm sure of.

VOTE COFFEE WARLORD
Old 02-04-2013, 04:08 PM   #1222
Autumn
Head Coach

I put Simbo Klice in convalescence
Old 02-04-2013, 04:28 PM   #1223
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Looking at it on a second level, thinking which of us would decide to fake the work given the situation, I think it reverses things. CW seems to have the best reason to fake the work, given that he's least likely to get lynched, and he manages to get rid of a doctor and a guy who's really been keeping the village organized on tasks. I would be second most likely to fake, I think, since I stand a good chance of getting lynched but can probably count on JAG going before I do. JAG seems least likely to fake, given that the evidence points at him and all he has to lean on is that he's been seemingly a very helpful villager.

Stop interjecting your cool analysis into my emotional reaction process!
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:28 PM   #1224
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
My fear would be that they will gain additional abilites as they level up

This is an interesting thought.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:34 PM   #1225
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Shit sorry, today was the first day of class and i forgot to check in.

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:35 PM   #1226
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Heading to work now but ill log on again on my breaks and lunch

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:35 PM   #1227
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I don't feel great about either Autumn or Coffee being cultists, which means I'm either reading them badly or we're screwed in that the cultists have a different way of disrupting tasks than we've been assuming. I think if the second is the case though, we're basically not going to win because we'll waste at least a couple days lynching villagers to figure that out. So I'm going to assume I just have a bad read on them and go from there since otherwise we're at square one.

I've been more suspicious of Coffee today than Autumn, but I'm going to assume that if Coffee was converted, he would keep as low a profile as possible so he could make whatever evil use of The Book he could. It doesn't make sense to me that he would risk outing himself. So, I'm going with Autumn, but of course will switch if needed to self-preserve, if it's a possibility.

Vote Autumn
Old 02-04-2013, 04:50 PM   #1228
fontisian
College Prospect

CF
JAG x2
Simbo
CW x2
Boo
Font
Autumn
Saldana
Britrock x1

Let's do some process of elimination here.
CF is dead. CW was cleared by me that night. Boo is dead. I'm me.

JAG x2
Simbo
Autumn
Saldana
Britrock x1

Quote:
Investigate Offices (5/5): Danny, Simbo, Britrock, Zinto, tyke
Investigate Paperwork (6/5): fontisian, saldana, Chief Rum
Take Train (3/3): JAG, Coffee, Autumn

Britrock and Simbo both had the chance to sabotage today, and they didn't take it. They are therefore likely innocents now, and likely innocents back then. Saldana also had this opportunity, but may have hesitated because he would have a 1/3 chance of subsequently being lynched.

JAG x2
Autumn
Saldana

So, I think it is likely either JAG is a cultist, or both Autumn and saldana are. Of course, they could all be cultists.

Just off of that, I would lynch JAG right now, but he has undoubtedly been one of the strongest contributors to the thread, so I'd rather not lose him.

What's weirding me out is the way this happened on an action with only three people. Why didn't the cultist chose to work on Investigating Offices?

I will post more once I get home and check my spreadsheet.
fontisian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:57 PM   #1229
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
What's weirding me out is the way this happened on an action with only three people. Why didn't the cultist chose to work on Investigating Offices?

That to me is the most suspicious thing. I could have easily jumped on the other task and had a better chance of hiding if I was planning on faking. By the same token, I would expect the same from Autumn or Coffee. And why would they not have disrupted the task from a few days ago when we needed every player to succeed?

So the whole thing doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I definitely don't understand the cultists' game. Maybe they can only disrupt a quest every once in a while or it prevents then from doing something else?
Old 02-04-2013, 06:41 PM   #1230
saldana
Pro Starter

i apologize for not being very involved today again...looks like we at least have a place to start with the failed task.

i am not really sure there is a compelling argument for any of the 3 but i still have a scan that i can use on one of them tonight.

vote JAG
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:44 PM   #1231
fontisian
College Prospect

vote Autumn
What would happen to the book if we lynched Coffee?
saldana: If we don't lynch JAG today, can you check him tonight?
Old 02-04-2013, 06:45 PM   #1232
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Vote JAG

Obviously I'm not voting for myself. Between the two, I suspected JAG the prior time this went down. I since felt otherwise, but it wouldn't be the first time my first guess was right.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:03 PM   #1233
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
vote Autumn
What would happen to the book if we lynched Coffee?
saldana: If we don't lynch JAG today, can you check him tonight?

yup.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:09 PM   #1234
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
CF
JAG x2
Simbo
CW x2
Boo
Font
Autumn
Saldana
Britrock x1

Let's do some process of elimination here.
CF is dead. CW was cleared by me that night. Boo is dead. I'm me.

Good analysis, but since I don't know you're not a cultist I'd rather not leave you off the list.

JAG x2
Simbo
Font
Autumn
Saldana
Britrock x1

Quote:
Britrock and Simbo both had the chance to sabotage today, and they didn't take it. They are therefore likely innocents now, and likely innocents back then. Saldana also had this opportunity, but may have hesitated because he would have a 1/3 chance of subsequently being lynched.

I don't want to write off the possibility that Brit, Simbo and Font are cultists simply because they didn't choose to sabotage things today. We know there are plenty of days that cultists did not sabotage things.

In addition, I'm not entirely sure the other tasks weren't sabotaged. The wording suggests that but I still find it odd that neither task accomplished anything at all. That doesn't seem normal.

Quote:

That is a good question. I don't know about the others, but I know that I had two options when I came on, and even could have done the third since Chief hadn't logged on yet. This is part of why I'm leaning Coffee Warlord, because I can imagine he would have been confident that he could still get away with it, and knowing that JAG and I would make great targets since we were on the decoding task as well. I can understand him doing it, but not JAG.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:18 PM   #1235
britrock88
Pro Starter

I don't like having to choose among our 3 most active posters.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:20 PM   #1236
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Autumn, the first day we did quests we had an outcome like this. The interviewing people and examining the site where Jacob's murder took place yielded no info though they weren't listed as not having enough work units to complete the quest. It was the third part that gave us some info we could use.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:24 PM   #1237
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I'm pretty bummed that it appears we never had a reporter or they were converted. Since Day 4 I expected I would be cleared by them at some point, but it's not looking likely now, unless Chief has been keeping a lid on it since I think he's the only one who hasn't been around since the quest deadline.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:30 PM   #1238
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Autumn, the first day we did quests we had an outcome like this. The interviewing people and examining the site where Jacob's murder took place yielded no info though they weren't listed as not having enough work units to complete the quest. It was the third part that gave us some info we could use.

Ah, okay. I don't recall that, but I'm blurry on what happened then. I hadn't noticed a trend of two duds and one real task. I guess I was thinking of the more practical days like barricading the town. I wonder if we can figure out a way to discern the real work.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:30 PM   #1239
Autumn
Head Coach

I think two doctors still need to do some convalescing.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:48 PM   #1240
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Jeezus...this game isn't over yet??

I'm ready for a new game - didn't want to play in this one cuz I was away on vacation. That was two weeks ago I left though...c'mon guys!!!

You thought a game brought to you by the maker of Dungeon (and Dungeon 2) would be done in two weeks?
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:58 PM   #1241
fontisian
College Prospect

Votals
JAG (3): Simbo, saldana, Coffee
Autumn (2): JAG, fontisian
Cofffee (1): Autumn

This is a plurality vote, right?
JAG: If you don't want to be lynched, you probably want to say something convincing soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
I don't like having to choose among our 3 most active posters.
I don't like it either. I also don't like to let cultist run around sabotaging us. I would like to hear everyone's opinion on this though.

Quote:
I don't want to write off the possibility that Brit, Simbo and Font are cultists simply because they didn't choose to sabotage things today. We know there are plenty of days that cultists did not sabotage things.
Actually, we really don't know that since Day 4. Day 4 was sabotaged, days 5 and 6 were washes in looking for sabotage and day 7 wasn't much better. (All day 7 really told us is that at least four of Chief, Zinto, Simbo, Coffee and myself are probably not cultists) You, for example, could have not done any work since day 2 and none of us would be the wiser. But then, you are an exception. For everyone else that period of uncertainty started during day 4. And, for everyone except you, JAG, Coffee, Darth and GE, that period ended today.

Quote:
That is a good question. I don't know about the others, but I know that I had two options when I came on, and even could have done the third since Chief hadn't logged on yet. This is part of why I'm leaning Coffee Warlord, because I can imagine he would have been confident that he could still get away with it, and knowing that JAG and I would make great targets since we were on the decoding task as well. I can understand him doing it, but not JAG.
Here's my reasoning for favoring lynching you or JAG over Coffee. Coffee was not responsible for the sabotage on day 4. There is a fair probability that either you or JAG were. And really, you are all such dominant presences in the thread that any one of you might have thought you could argue your way out of a lynch.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:05 PM   #1242
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I have nothing to reveal, no role will be lost with my death and I have no extra information I've kept secret. I'm just a villager who likes antiques.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:06 PM   #1243
Autumn
Head Coach

No, I agree Fontisian, logic suggests JAG and I are the best choices. I am bucking the logic a bit and thinking on the next level up, since I think both CW and JAG are good enough players to have seen the logic ahead of time.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:09 PM   #1244
Autumn
Head Coach

No reveals from me. I'm going to be off doing some school reading and probably on the iPad so limited from now on.

I can't remember which doctor put Chief in convalescence, but i do hope the other two make it here in time to get two other players healed. We've got several hurting guys.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:11 PM   #1245
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I think we can expect a lot of missing people based on the participation level to this point.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:14 PM   #1246
Zinto
College Starter

So, it seems like most logic would point to Jag being the cultist. If I was a cultist Autumn or cultist CW then I would also fake believing Jag to get voted out. Unfortunately, unless Jag just wanted to play under the radar then I see him playing like he is regardless of being a cultist or not.

Vote Jag
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:16 PM   #1247
Zinto
College Starter

We can switch quest actions like CW did, correct?
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:17 PM   #1248
fontisian
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
We can switch quest actions like CW did, correct?

That moment when you realize a whole lynch might be based on a misunderstanding of the rules. But yeah, I believe we've done it before with issue.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:17 PM   #1249
fontisian
College Prospect

*without
Old 02-04-2013, 08:21 PM   #1250
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Really, the only way it would make sense I would play this way as a cultist, with all the easily incriminating statements a reporter could pick up on, is if I were the reporter and got converted very early. If that was the case though, I could have easily just revealed as such and used it to keep myself alive, to say nothing of the probability chance that I was 1. converted early with low odds of it happening and 2. got the reporter role, which would be another 1 in 18 chance.

Not much else I can say in my defense. Assuming font is on the level, he will soon know that there were two saboteurs on D4.