Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-18-2010, 04:52 PM   #1201
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Rock Band/GH is the exception rather than the rule.

You're incorrect about the camera. You can call it an upgrade (as I did) or an evolution of the PS Eye, but it's certainly nothing new. Adding a third dimension of movement and little else isn't going to create a demand for a $150 accessory.
HDTV isn't an upgrade over SDTV, it just adds some pixels. Adding some pixels and little else isn't going to create a demand for those things.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 12:34 AM   #1202
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Rock Band/GH is the exception rather than the rule.

Wii fit with balance board?
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 09:59 AM   #1203
MJ4H
Coordinator

Whoa. New XCOM game. Trailer shown at 3D. Apparently it is an FPS.

MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 07:28 AM   #1204
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Well, it's not every day that you see a game based on surfing down the street on an office chair.............

Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 09:41 AM   #1205
MJ4H
Coordinator

Bought Tiger Woods 11 for Wii yesterday. Funny how the two multi-platform games that the Wii kills the PS3 and 360 versions on are both sports games (this and PES). This game is pretty awesome. Anyone play this online?
Old 06-21-2010, 09:50 AM   #1206
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ4H View Post
Whoa. New XCOM game. Trailer shown at 3D. Apparently it is an FPS.

The trailer doesn't look too bad and I like the retro setting of the game. That said, it's not XCom. I would be more interested in this game if it wasn't called XCom. It just feels like a complete waste of the IP to slap the name on this game. I am annoyed by it.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 09:51 AM   #1207
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Bought Tiger Woods 11 for Wii yesterday. Funny how the two multi-platform games that the Wii kills the PS3 and 360 versions on are both sports games (this and PES). This game is pretty awesome. Anyone play this online?

This game would actually be the big reason that I would consider purchasing the Move controller on the PS3. I could see that as something I would use quite a bit. I'd love to see them come out with a package deal, much like they did on the Wii. It wouldn't surprise me at all if that is already in the works.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:17 AM   #1208
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Well, it's not every day that you see a game based on surfing down the street on an office chair.............

Reminds me of PAIN.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 11:21 AM   #1209
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataKing View Post
Reminds me of PAIN.

There was a great game that I think was called 2extreme or something like that on the PS1 that had similar gameplay except with things like street luge. May be the same developers because it has a similar look.......except with office chairs.
Old 06-21-2010, 04:41 PM   #1210
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

I don't usually get into these things, but I really really think the best thing about Kinect is that there is no controller! If it works just as good as wii/move or better and doesnt have an extra controller on your hand that would be fantastic. After watching that kung fu rider trailer and seeing the Move controller, it just looks dumb. I know it would look dumb without one but I think it would be way cooler for some reason to just be using your hands and body not attached to anything.
Old 06-21-2010, 04:59 PM   #1211
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

I'm still not sold on Kinect, but I'm especially not sold on it if it's truly more pricey than $100. I think in some ways it's like the Wii...everybody liked the idea of it at first, but I'll be the first to say that aside from New Super Mario Bros. Wii, the only time it gets turned on is when I have friends over, and then we ONLY play bowling (Wii Sports Resort version), shuffleboard (on Game Party), or Boom Blox...all games that are good for crowds.

Then again, I also cannot think of games I'd like to play with motion controls. The Zelda franchise is all but dead to me thanks to motion- (Wii) and stylus- (DS) controlled versions that feel gimmicky at best. I'm not into fighting/boxing games, which would shine with this type of control. I've heard that the racing game on the Kinect is OK, but I'm not sure I could see using that, either (Mario Kart with the Wii Wheel feels awkward...). None of my JRPGs or western RPGs is really conducive to motion control. Shooters I'd think you'd want something to point with (i.e. a controller of some sort).

No Kinect for me (or PS Move, either).

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 07:23 AM   #1212
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

FYI for those who were considering a 360 trade-in for the new model. Here's the info on what you can get. Sounds like you get $50 less if you don't pre-order it.

Trading In To Get The “New” Xbox 360 [Update] | Loot Ninja

Also, not terribly surprised at this. We had alreaady talked about how the motion technology likely increases the length of this generation. MS Euro boss say we won't see a new system from them until 2015. I think most consumers will be very pleased with this. I'd love to get 7-8 years out of my system.

No new Xbox until 2015 | News | TechRadar UK

Quote:
No new Xbox until 2015
Kinect and new slim console extends 360's lifespan

New Xbox 360 slim and Kinect extends the console's lifecycle to 2015, claims Microsoft exec

If you're waiting on the next Xbox - the XBox 720, perhaps, you've got a bit of a wait. Microsoft says that the new Kinect controller and the forthcoming launch of a new, slimmer Xbox 360 consoles extends the lifespan of the product through to 2015.

While the company is still to confirm pricing and release details on Kinect, which we expect will arrive at GamesCon in Germany this coming August, Microsoft's European boss Chris Lewis has said that the new controller tech extends the format's lifecycle through to 2015.

Xbox 360 is mid-lifecycle

Lewis told GamesIndustry.biz: "I think 2010 will be a very big year for us, it is in many ways for us mid-lifecycle.

"What you've seen is with this new sleek design and Kinect for Xbox 360 we've got at least another five years of this generation where we continue to offer great experiences for people.

"We continue to attach more games than competitive platforms and we have the healthiest ecosystem with 25 million people connected through Xbox Live. So we are uniquely placed to continue to do really, really well in this business and enjoy ongoing momentum."
Old 06-22-2010, 10:11 AM   #1213
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
The Kinetic, even though it is a pre-order not set to be released for almost 5 months, is currently in the top 3 on Amazon's video games best seller list.

Amazon.com Video Games Bestsellers: The most popular items on Amazon.com. Updated hourly.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 10:25 AM   #1214
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
The Kinetic, even though it is a pre-order not set to be released for almost 5 months, is currently in the top 3 on Amazon's video games best seller list.

Amazon.com Video Games Bestsellers: The most popular items on Amazon.com. Updated hourly.

360 fanboiy!

The PS3 Move Starter Bundle is in 59th! You can't leave that out!
Old 06-22-2010, 10:46 AM   #1215
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

I just traded in my Elite for the new 360. I'll give impressions once I get this bad boy hooked up. Looks shiny

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 10:54 AM   #1216
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleBrownsfan View Post
I just traded in my Elite for the new 360. I'll give impressions once I get this bad boy hooked up. Looks shiny

How much money did you have to shell out for the upgrade?
Old 06-22-2010, 11:02 AM   #1217
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
How much money did you have to shell out for the upgrade?

All trade-in information and prices are in this link.

Old 06-22-2010, 11:07 AM   #1218
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
All trade-in information and prices are in this link.

Interesting.

Here's a question. Let's say I have my360 and a HD for trade in. If I trade in the HD, how am I going to get my shit off of it once I get the new one home?
Old 06-22-2010, 11:12 AM   #1219
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:

People are preordering an animation studio in South Africa?

The Kinetic. Design - Video - VFX
Old 06-22-2010, 11:13 AM   #1220
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Move at 100 dollars just seems way too expensive.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 11:14 AM   #1221
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Interesting.

Here's a question. Let's say I have my360 and a HD for trade in. If I trade in the HD, how am I going to get my shit off of it once I get the new one home?

I would guess you could keep it and not get that trade-in value so you could transfer it, but I'm guessing that your best answer is that you can't do that if you want the trade-in value.

Edit: Cartman gave a better answer below.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 06-22-2010 at 11:18 AM.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:15 AM   #1222
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Move at 100 dollars just seems way too expensive.

Agreed. Both Kinect and Move are WAY overpriced. The winner here is the people that can hold off for a few months and grab them on some holiday or internet discounts if they really want them.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:16 AM   #1223
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Interesting.

In the article it states you can do the HD trade after you moved the content off.

FTA:
Quote:
On top of the normal trade-in listed above, I plan on trading in a few games I don’t play anymore, my wireless white headset (the new one comes with a black one), my old base 20GB hard drive and I’ll do the 250gb hard drive trade-in later (gotta transfer all of my game saves and information off of it).
Old 06-22-2010, 11:22 AM   #1224
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

I did the transfer on a USB card... hope it works - if not oh well.

It cost me about $160 after trade in of my old box and 250 GB HD. But I traded in some old games + a birthday gift card and it cost me about $80 out of pocket.

I'll tell you the main reason why I did the upgrade. My old box sounded like a damn jet plane when on and I couldn't stand it!

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
Old 06-22-2010, 11:24 AM   #1225
spleen1015
Coordinator

I'm trying to figure out a way to get a new one without the accountant making me sleep in the basement for a couple of days.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:26 AM   #1226
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I'm trying to figure out a way to get a new one without the accountant making me sleep in the basement for a couple of days.

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
Old 06-22-2010, 11:27 AM   #1227
cartman
Death Herald

Quote:

Is your video game area set up in the basement? If so, problem solved!
Old 06-22-2010, 11:28 AM   #1228
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I'm glad I am the accountant. Decided today to stop at GameSpot after work to take advantage of the deal.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 11:32 AM   #1229
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
I'm glad I am the accountant. Decided today to stop at GameSpot after work to take advantage of the deal.

I would think that a lot of 360 users would take advantage of this redesign. With the reliability issues and the fact that this generation is going to last awhile, it's well worth it to get a more reliable alternative that what most currently have at a good trade-in price. I can't imagine the stacks of traded-in consoles that Gamestop is going to have in the coming months. I'm guessing an old model will be pretty cheap by Christmas.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:41 AM   #1230
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Does anyone know if you can use an old HD with the new 360? That's the one thing that would keep me from upgrading. I have a bunch of active save games on my hardrive.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 06-22-2010, 11:44 AM   #1231
Kodos
Resident Alien

You have to use a transfer cable to move your saves. The old HDs are not compatible with the redesigned 360.

With my 360 already having had one trip to the repair shop, this is tempting me.

Last edited by Kodos : 06-22-2010 at 11:46 AM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 11:45 AM   #1232
cartman
Death Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Does anyone know if you can use an old HD with the new 360? That's the one thing that would keep me from upgrading. I have a bunch of active save games on my hardrive.

It is a different form factor. You'd have to transfer the data. It is pretty simple to do with the MS transfer cable.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:45 AM   #1233
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Quote:

No you can't BUT there are ways to transfer your data

How to Connect an Xbox to a Computer to Transfer Data

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders

Last edited by CleBrownsfan : 06-22-2010 at 11:47 AM.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:54 AM   #1234
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:

So, could I connect my Xbox to, say, my laptop via an Ethernet cable, transfer the information to the laptop and then do the reverse for the new Xbox? Or do I need some other kind of cable?

Sorry, I don't mean to be dense, these types of things aren't all that intuitive for me.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:01 PM   #1235
cartman
Death Herald

Quote:
So, could I connect my Xbox to, say, my laptop via an Ethernet cable, transfer the information to the laptop and then do the reverse for the new Xbox? Or do I need some other kind of cable?

Sorry, I don't mean to be dense, these types of things aren't all that intuitive for me.

MS has an adapter cable that comes with a CD. You take the old HD out, and plug the cable into the old HD, and the USB end into the Xbox. The CD contains the transfer software. Since a lot of the saves and downloads are encrypted, you'll need the CD to be able to transfer everything.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:02 PM   #1236
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
MS has an adapter cable that comes with a CD. You take the old HD out, and plug the cable into the old HD, and the USB end into the Xbox. The CD contains the transfer software. Since a lot of the saves and downloads are encrypted, you'll need the CD to be able to transfer everything.

Gotcha. Thanks, cartman.

Any idea how much that adapter cable/CD costs?
Old 06-22-2010, 12:07 PM   #1237
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

I saw one at Gamestop for $20.

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders

Last edited by CleBrownsfan : 06-22-2010 at 12:08 PM.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:09 PM   #1238
cartman
Death Herald

Quote:
Gotcha. Thanks, cartman.

Any idea how much that adapter cable/CD costs?

I got it for $15 direct from MS. If you'd like, I could ship mine to you to use, if you aren't in a rush.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:10 PM   #1239
Ryno
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:

That article mentions Evo X (Evolution-X), which would mean that it assumes you have a modded XBox.
Ryno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 12:12 PM   #1240
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
I got it for $15 direct from MS. If you'd like, I could ship mine to you to use, if you aren't in a rush.

Thanks, man! I may take you up on that offer. I am still not decided whether or not to go with the upgrade, but if I do, I'll definitely give you a shout. I appreciate it.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:18 PM   #1241
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

This is the way I did the transfer using my flash drive. I haven't tried to move the data from the drive to my new unit so we'll see if it works...

How To Use Xbox 360 USB Flash Drive Storage

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
Old 06-22-2010, 04:46 PM   #1242
MJ4H
Coordinator

Super Street Fighter IV 3D – Brand New Screens June 22, 2010

Filed under: News,Nintendo 3DS,Screens/Images — hattrick @ 3:41 pm
Are you a big fan of Street Fighter? Would you like to play it in 3D? Capcom is bringing Super Street Fighter IV to the Nintendo 3DS, and here are some sweet screens that will hopefully hold you over until the game’s release.

Old 06-22-2010, 06:35 PM   #1243
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

profile save games, rockband / guitar hero songs I'd imagine, and any licenses as well as DLC content/ arcade games
Old 06-22-2010, 06:36 PM   #1244
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

and yes I am 99% sure a usb stick will work if you do it in chunks of 8 gigs or whatever size your usb stick is.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:45 AM   #1245
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
100 Classic Books for Nintendo DS. Apparently the DSi XL is big enough that Nintendo feels comfortable treating it like an eReader:

Nintendo DS Games - 100 Classic Books | E-Books to Download | Nintendo

My wife is giddy over this. We will probably be getting this (and we have 2 DS Lites, not XLs, so I doubt it will be comfortable reading on it).

Found this at gamestop yesterday and picked it up. Wife read a chapter of Connecticut Yankee after work last night and said it was great. I'm sure it's no kindle or anything like that, but she has an hour to kill once a week when taking our son to therapy, so she loves stuff like this.

Not sure, I'll ever use it, but happy to have the option. Was $20 new.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:55 AM   #1246
whomario
Pro Starter

new holiday sale on steam until July 4th !
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 09:29 AM   #1247
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

PS3 Firmware 3.40 went live last night, which includes Playstation Plus. Probably going to pick it up now while they're offering the three month bonus.

Here's the blog with details on the service offerings for the PS3 folks.......

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/...ions-answered/
Old 06-29-2010, 10:00 AM   #1248
whomario
Pro Starter

thanks for that link. Have only marginally realized this was coming, since i´m getting a PS3 this Friday might as well start thinking about this one.

On first glance don´t see a huge need to get this, can anyone with a PS3 elaborate in how far this "makes sense" ? I almost never found any 360 online/Indie games worthwile, the 1-hour-trial is kind of stupid to me (1 day i could see).
You also don´t get to choose between free games but there´s allways only 1 available, right ?

The "Exclusive offers on select demos" will be the same as with the 360 i guess, getting demos 1 week early ?

kind of feels like the difference silver---Gold for the 360, only that you can still play online without getting PSN+. For now one could maybe add ? Guess at some point Sony might want to cash in here as well ...

EDIT : Then again i have bot Little Big Planet and Wipeout HD on my list of games i´d like to get used and cheap to check out, both would be included in the year-long membership. Hmm ...
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 06-29-2010 at 10:38 AM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 02:49 PM   #1249
MJ4H
Coordinator

So you guys try to sell me on whether I should get a 360 or PS3. Particularly pros and cons, prices, deals, bundles. Not 100% that I'm going to get one or the other, but I cashed out of poker and have some money to burn. Price *is* an issue, so good deals are good.

I also want non-RPG game recommendations. Must-haves, if you will.

Hit me. I know you guys know the ins and outs well enough to help me.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:44 PM   #1250
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
So you guys try to sell me on whether I should get a 360 or PS3. Particularly pros and cons, prices, deals, bundles. Not 100% that I'm going to get one or the other, but I cashed out of poker and have some money to burn. Price *is* an issue, so good deals are good.

I also want non-RPG game recommendations. Must-haves, if you will.

Hit me. I know you guys know the ins and outs well enough to help me.
get ps3 it is good, i heard it in this thread