Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-30-2013, 01:52 PM   #1201
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

And if we are to believe Lord Varys, then what exactly are his aims? Again how does he intend to bring "peace and stability" when the realm is at war and eveyone is looking out for their own interests? I confess I had a kernel of respect for Varys. Information is power so I believed he was a man to be cautious of. But it turns out he's just another fool calling for everyone to love and respect each other whilst begging us to pay attention to him. Should I love the lords who demeaned my son and my father? I think not.

If you have an assassain intended for me then send him Spider. I however have no interest in "removing" you. I want you alive. If you seek order then I seek chaos. Should you want light then I crave the dark. Ask for rain and I will fall to my knees and pray to any god that will listen for a drought.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 01:52 PM   #1202
hoopsguy
General Manager

Right, but the difference is that you can combat a swordsman in the field. Rather than be felled from afar through sorcery.

It is essentially a moot point now, unless someone were to believe that the witch can duplicate her feat. I'm inclined to think that is not the case, but more cautious men might prefer not to take that chance.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 01:58 PM   #1203
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

my IT hell is mostly fixed! now to catch up on... lots.

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 02:00 PM   #1204
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Right, but the difference is that you can combat a swordsman in the field. Rather than be felled from afar through sorcery.

I disagree father. Surely it is the ends and not the means that are important.
Old 05-30-2013, 02:03 PM   #1205
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
I disagree father. Surely it is the ends and not the means that are important.

I am not sure any of us know how to defend against those specific means, so I would consider the means particularly relevant in terms of risk mitigation.

Alas, the time for this discussion has largely passed. What's done is done.
Old 05-30-2013, 02:06 PM   #1206
bhlloy
Coordinator

To my previous correspondent, I'm afraid that wont be possible as I have been made aware of certain laws of the land that would preclude such an outcome. However there are other agreements we may be able to come to. You know what to do
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 02:07 PM   #1207
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Luckily for you all Melisandre doen'st have the power to enslave me, nevermind the kingdoms. She simply had the ability to kill one of you. I assure you Clegane did too. As I'm sure a gifted swordsman such as Ser Loras did.

Does that mean Robb has the power to kill me?
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 02:09 PM   #1208
Autumn
Head Coach

?
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 02:12 PM   #1209
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Lord Tywin is cornered in some hilly forest area near Mummer's Ford by Lord Roose Bolton!

This is interesting, as I have received word that another of Robb Stark's bannerman was pursuing me yesterday. I'm somewhat perplexed that Lord Bolton found me while another Stark bannerman would also pursue me?

Oh well, I suppose that piece of information is worth what I paid for it. Hopefully information that actually was purchased can be more fully trusted.

I would be most interested indeed to learn about the ambitions of my two children that do not actively stand with Joffrey. We all have decisions to make in the coming days, and I might seek to aid one of you now ... while my decisions remain my own rather than tied to a contender to the throne.
Old 05-30-2013, 02:15 PM   #1210
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
Does that mean Robb has the power to kill me?

Your liege always has the power to kill you if he has reason to believe you conspiring against him. I don't know if knowledge that you have been in correspondence with the Spider is sufficient proof that you are conspiring against him. Do you have a guilty conscience ser?
Old 05-30-2013, 02:19 PM   #1211
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I would be most interested indeed to learn about the ambitions of my two children that do not actively stand with Joffrey. We all have decisions to make in the coming days, and I might seek to aid one of you now ... while my decisions remain my own rather than tied to a contender to the throne.

Father I believe I have already provided you with the information you seek. I do not believe I have been particularly subtle in my aims or my interests. I am always interested in communicating with you. However I do not have the means available to me to do so today.
Old 05-30-2013, 02:23 PM   #1212
Autumn
Head Coach

It seems a shortage of ravens, or the men to send them, is endemic. A master of ravens who could be trusted, and bought by the bird, could be very helpful. It seems we will have to trust each other that we can come through.
Old 05-30-2013, 02:24 PM   #1213
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Two massive armies, one from the Wolf, and one from the Lion, have arrived in the Westerlands, attempting to hunt down the fugitive lord Tywin Lannister.

Roose Bolton leads his men to down the Red Fork past Riverrun. Jaime Lannister--in a search for his own father--is coming up the Hornvale toward Wayfarer's Rest. Both have followed signs of Tywin's recent passing.

As they approach Wayfarer's Rest, the two armies eye each other from a distance. Neither come within arrow shot of the other, as neither is here to fight a war--yet. Both start canvassing the hills around the town.

Alas, all they manage to do is find each other. A little skirmish here or scuffle there, and both sides retreat to their camps.

Regardless, it is clear--despite a much smaller force than either one arrayed against him, Tywin Lannister has managed to slip away again, this time deep into the Pendric Hills.

It's only a matter of time before he is caught, but he is free for today.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 02:24 PM   #1214
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Slippery devil.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 02:27 PM   #1215
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Your liege always has the power to kill you if he has reason to believe you conspiring against him. I don't know if knowledge that you have been in correspondence with the Spider is sufficient proof that you are conspiring against him. Do you have a guilty conscience ser?

I have had zero contact with anyone in the Stark camp outside of Rob Stark himself. Lord Stark knows of my honesty in my dealings with him - I am confident that he accepts me at my word in this matter.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 02:28 PM   #1216
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Vote Penrose (DV)
Bolton (JAG) Votes Penrose (DV)
Karstark (Bug) Votes Penrose (DV)
Greyjoy (Julio) Votes Penrose (DV)
Old 05-30-2013, 02:29 PM   #1217
bhlloy
Coordinator

This does not look good for Renly
Old 05-30-2013, 02:36 PM   #1218
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Luckily for you all Melisandre doen'st have the power to enslave me, nevermind the kingdoms. She simply had the ability to kill one of you. I assure you Clegane did too. As I'm sure a gifted swordsman such as Ser Loras did.

Old 05-30-2013, 02:38 PM   #1219
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Old 05-30-2013, 02:42 PM   #1220
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

It would appear that the other claimants fear the host of Highgarden and the wealth and power that brings to Lord Renly.
Old 05-30-2013, 02:44 PM   #1221
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
It seems a shortage of ravens, or the men to send them, is endemic. A master of ravens who could be trusted, and bought by the bird, could be very helpful.

I have offered up a prayer to this end at a far earlier stage. However should such a service be available I fear that the whole realm would be indebted to Braavos in the space of a day.
Old 05-30-2013, 02:49 PM   #1222
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
It would appear that the other claimants fear the host of Highgarden and the wealth and power that brings to Lord Renly.

Despite all the trials that Lannister and Storm's End have suffered, we still have four kings in the realm. As I have counseled all along, unless we remain united in our struggles as much as can be possible, we will end with four limping houses and let fate, or men like Varys, decide the outcome for the realm. So it is no surprise if the houses stand strong against Highgarden. The alternative is a to let Highgarden claim two of my lands, one of my bannermen and return as the strongest House.
Old 05-30-2013, 02:51 PM   #1223
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Despite all the trials that Lannister and Storm's End have suffered, we still have four kings in the realm. As I have counseled all along, unless we remain united in our struggles as much as can be possible, we will end with four limping houses and let fate, or men like Varys, decide the outcome for the realm. So it is no surprise if the houses stand strong against Highgarden. The alternative is a to let Highgarden claim two of my lands, one of my bannermen and return as the strongest House.

I do not seek power for myself Lord Stannis.
Old 05-30-2013, 02:55 PM   #1224
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:

I'm not sure what you are trying to say here. Perhaps you should take Jaimes other sword out of your mouth so we can understand
Old 05-30-2013, 02:57 PM   #1225
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:

I realise you have matters on your mind but were I you I would worry about what happens on the morrow.
Old 05-30-2013, 03:00 PM   #1226
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
I do not seek power for myself Lord Stannis.

Whatever you seek, I'd rather not let the game of thrones be decided by you or any other neutral party.
Old 05-30-2013, 03:01 PM   #1227
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
I realise you have matters on your mind but were I you I would worry about what happens on the morrow.

Well, first I must last until tomorrow.
Old 05-30-2013, 03:18 PM   #1228
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Slippery devil.

Don't you need those troops for battle?
In time, I'll make my way to you.
Or Stannis.
Or Renly.

I'm not sure I'm allowed to return to Joffrey, so that is kind of off the table. And it makes me question why my son was leading an army to capture me.
Old 05-30-2013, 03:21 PM   #1229
Autumn
Head Coach

Casterly Rock. I hear it's quite nice.
Old 05-30-2013, 03:22 PM   #1230
bhlloy
Coordinator

Let's just say you would be good political capital for a house with very few options, father
Old 05-30-2013, 03:53 PM   #1231
Zinto
College Starter

Unfortunately for you Renly, the Lannisters always repay their debts and we have not forgotten what you did to us a couple of days ago.

Vote Penrose (DV)
Jamie Lannister/bhlloy Votes Penrose (DV)
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:58 PM   #1232
fontisian
College Prospect

Are you perhaps reffering to the time we voted with you, as we are the only house to have very done so? Repaying your debts indeed.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:12 PM   #1233
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Deadline.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:14 PM   #1234
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

The Banners Gather...

It seems that neither Stannis nor Renly will have to fight this one alone.

House Stark has thrown in with House Baratheon of Dragonstone.

House Lannister will enter the fray on the side of House Baratheon of Storm's End.

The Battle of Cape Wrath is about to begin.

Old 05-30-2013, 04:14 PM   #1235
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Whoo, we got ourselves a war.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:15 PM   #1236
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Theon Greyjoy Has Fled!

The former ward of House Stark and current bannerman of King Robb Stark has fled the Stark army! He is no longer a member of House Stark.

Old 05-30-2013, 04:20 PM   #1237
Autumn
Head Coach

I knew that guy was no good. wow.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:21 PM   #1238
MrBug708
Head Coach

I figured this would happen...lol
Old 05-30-2013, 04:21 PM   #1239
Autumn
Head Coach

Bad time to have to go, but I'm out for a couple of hours. I'm sorry to see the Lannisters go that way.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:21 PM   #1240
Autumn
Head Coach

And I thank Robb Stark for being a man of his word.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:22 PM   #1241
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I do believe Lord Bolton knows how to deal with Theon.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:22 PM   #1242
bhlloy
Coordinator

Huh, I did not predict a stark-Stannis split this early
Old 05-30-2013, 04:23 PM   #1243
bhlloy
Coordinator

Ok I misread that then
Old 05-30-2013, 04:25 PM   #1244
bhlloy
Coordinator

And you can read into that fact how much input I had into that particular decision as you will.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:26 PM   #1245
MrBug708
Head Coach

I just had a revelation. I didn't realize that the word Theon could be found in Baratheon.

Mind.
Blown.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:30 PM   #1246
hoopsguy
General Manager

I find that interesting, as I was just mulling over what kind of motivations Theon Greyjoy might have ... or that our would-be GRRM would have written for Theon. He has no army to speak of, his character is a traitor in the novels - for him to be interesting to play, I expected him to have some kind of incentives to betray. I'm wondering what kind of loss he actually represents for House Stark, or gain for other houses.

Not expecting any kind of immediate answers, just going to be interested in seeing the character/PMs at the conclusion of the game and then try to interpret how well we acted our parts.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:30 PM   #1247
MrBug708
Head Coach

King Theon of the Iron Islands?
Old 05-30-2013, 04:32 PM   #1248
path12
Coordinator

I wish to apologize to the Lannisters for what I was thinking about them a short time ago.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:36 PM   #1249
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
I wish to apologize to the Lannisters for what I was thinking about them a short time ago.

I do think Joffrey just made today more fun. Very interesting to see how the manpower shakes out ... although your side is short on bannermen, I'm guessing you've got a fair number of foot soldiers.

Also curious to see if the "neutrals" are able/willing to impact the outcome ... this is all pretty exciting to watch from afar.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:37 PM   #1250
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

A host of nearly 100,000 Storm's End and Lannister men march on Cape Wrath. They are supported by thousands more mercenaries and almost 80 ships. Although King Renly lost the very skilled Knight of Flowers prior to the battle, he still can count on Brienne of Tarth and Jaime Lannister to aid his side with their fighting ability.

Lying in wait for them in the homeland of Ser Davos Seaworth, the forces of Dragonstone are joined by the armies of House Stark. Around 75,000 men, mostly from the North, are gathered on this side of the line, as well as thousands more mercenaries and an immense fleet of some 160 or so ships. King Stannis will have the able mind of King Robb Stark to lean on as he plans his war strategy, and there is always the mystery of the Lady Melisandre.