Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-09-2009, 08:49 AM   #1251
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i have thoughts on everyone else in the game, with some sort of roadmap

i have probably somewhere around ~40% of the remaining people in the game on a "high trust" list - of those 1 is lower than the others, 1 i could see being a wolf and using their power to buy my trust, 1 could be the same way but the chances are much smaller IMO, and the rest are totally clear.

2 people have claimed powers that we cannot verify publicly (or me privately for that matter). 1 person i haven't heard from all. 3 people have roles it would be difficult (but not impossible) to test publicly. 2 people pushed quickly (via PM) to use their powers against autumn last night (might be nothing but might be something). the rest of the people in the game there are conceivably ways for them to demonstrate their power publicly and move onto the high-trust list.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:51 AM   #1252
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i wouldn't share the complete picture and all thoughts with everyone on the "totally clear" list though. just to be clear.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:53 AM   #1253
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
interesting that you're pushing for me to reveal info when nobody (including me) has heard much of anything from you at all the whole game.

first, i am not pushing for anything, i am just saying i am concerned that we have all our eggs in the daddytorgo basket, and that the wolves could be using you to try to hide themselves.

second, no, i havent sent you (or anyone else) any of my 4 pms...havent seen a reason to, or a value it in...nothing can be confirmed, and it has been my experience that more problems come from sharing with someone you dont trust 100% than not sharing at all (a fact that you have proven two nights in a row)
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 08:53 AM   #1254
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
i have thoughts on everyone else in the game, with some sort of roadmap

i have probably somewhere around ~40% of the remaining people in the game on a "high trust" list - of those 1 is lower than the others, 1 i could see being a wolf and using their power to buy my trust, 1 could be the same way but the chances are much smaller IMO, and the rest are totally clear.

2 people have claimed powers that we cannot verify publicly (or me privately for that matter). 1 person i haven't heard from all. 3 people have roles it would be difficult (but not impossible) to test publicly. 2 people pushed quickly (via PM) to use their powers against autumn last night (might be nothing but might be something). the rest of the people in the game there are conceivably ways for them to demonstrate their power publicly and move onto the high-trust list.

We've got 20 players left? So 40% of them is 5. But 3 of them you seem to have questions about. So it sounds more like you've got high trust in 2, and medium trust in 3, IMO. Obviously, though, I don't know the specifics.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 08:54 AM   #1255
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

so my thinking today would be to go after the person who i've heard nothing from or one of the two people who have roles whose effects cannot be observed publicly.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:55 AM   #1256
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
We've got 20 players left? So 40% of them is 5. But 3 of them you seem to have questions about. So it sounds more like you've got high trust in 2, and medium trust in 3, IMO. Obviously, though, I don't know the specifics.

well then my math on the % is off, cuz your numbers are not correct (i don't want to narrow it down too much more). i have high trust in between somewhere between 0-6 people
Old 07-09-2009, 08:56 AM   #1257
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
first, i am not pushing for anything, i am just saying i am concerned that we have all our eggs in the daddytorgo basket, and that the wolves could be using you to try to hide themselves.

second, no, i havent sent you (or anyone else) any of my 4 pms...havent seen a reason to, or a value it in...nothing can be confirmed, and it has been my experience that more problems come from sharing with someone you dont trust 100% than not sharing at all (a fact that you have proven two nights in a row)

You don't trust DT? Or do you mean you don't necessarily trust him to make the right decisions?

Personally, I've been using my PMs to tell people my character's name, in case anyone else tries to use it or something. I'm not sure there will be much use in it, but I don't know what else to do with them. And I don't know what I'll do when I have sent it to everyone -- I guess by then, I might as well have just said it in the thread. Yeah, it's not the best method in the world or anything, but I guess this way I don't feel like I'm wasting my ability, plus I get to unnecessarily clog BK and hoops's inbox!
Old 07-09-2009, 08:56 AM   #1258
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

actually the way i explained it initially, the wording was poor.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:57 AM   #1259
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
well then my math on the % is off, cuz your numbers are not correct (i don't want to narrow it down too much more). i have high trust in between somewhere between 0-6 people

I'm not too worried about the numbers themselves, rather the fact that you give this group "high trust" then add caveats to a good number of them, saying that you could see them being wolves. Probably just semantics, but I wouldn't call that "high trust" personally.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:58 AM   #1260
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

hey sal - are you a member of the conspiracy?
Old 07-09-2009, 08:58 AM   #1261
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm not too worried about the numbers themselves, rather the fact that you give this group "high trust" then add caveats to a good number of them, saying that you could see them being wolves. Probably just semantics, but I wouldn't call that "high trust" personally.

yes, semantics. there's a high-trust list and then that smaller list of 3. call them "medium-high trust" if you will.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:09 AM   #1262
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

it's 10am - i am probably heading out around 1:30. I'll have my phone and I can be online and post from my phone, but I will also be socializing and typing on my phone, so my activity will be reduced. But, mindful of the importance of my role in the game I will try to check in at least like...once an hour in case there are PM's or important questions.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:09 AM   #1263
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
yes, semantics. there's a high-trust list and then that smaller list of 3. call them "medium-high trust" if you will.

I think I may need a flowchart
Old 07-09-2009, 09:16 AM   #1264
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

LOL
Old 07-09-2009, 09:17 AM   #1265
Danny
Head Coach

DT, what are your thoughts on PurdueBrad? Right now, if we have no new information, we learn the most from his lynch as he has been involved in two votes thus far. I would have liked to seen him scanned, but if that's not possible then lynching him would make sense.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:21 AM   #1266
Danny
Head Coach

Today we have 18 players left, so we need 8 votes for 40%.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:24 AM   #1267
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

@saldana PM - okay *nods and moves you around on my list*
Old 07-09-2009, 09:28 AM   #1268
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Whatever happened to that 36 hours vs. once per calendar week thing? I remember someone mentioning that the 36 hours could be made up, since it was an example given in the first post. And since the once per calendar week guy ended up being good, should we look at the 36 hour guy? I should add that I know who it is, since they told me in a reply to a PM that I sent.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:28 AM   #1269
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

my thoughts on PB. he has claimed a sort of "slow developing" role, so i'm willing to give him a little more time. he's definately not on my high-trust list though. but nor do i feel he is going to yield us a wolf.

that being said, i'm not going to throw myself under the bus for him and defend his innocence to the death, because i don't know for certain.

is that clearly-unclear enough?
Old 07-09-2009, 09:30 AM   #1270
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Whatever happened to that 36 hours vs. once per calendar week thing? I remember someone mentioning that the 36 hours could be made up, since it was an example given in the first post. And since the once per calendar week guy ended up being good, should we look at the 36 hour guy? I should add that I know who it is, since they told me in a reply to a PM that I sent.

negative. that person is okay in my book.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:31 AM   #1271
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

Sounds good. I figure it's a weird skill to have made up, anyway.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:33 AM   #1272
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

Anyway, seeing that phrase again made me think back to something I saw in the evening. I think you replied to a PM's in the thread, saying "you're okay in my book" a few times. Are these people asking you if you trust them? Cuz that just sets off alarm bells to me.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:34 AM   #1273
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

note - saldana never responded to my question about whether he was a member of the conspiracy. would be curious to know about that.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:35 AM   #1274
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Anyway, seeing that phrase again made me think back to something I saw in the evening. I think you replied to a PM's in the thread, saying "you're okay in my book" a few times. Are these people asking you if you trust them? Cuz that just sets off alarm bells to me.

One of the PM's was mine, I don't know about the others, but I never asked DT if he trusted me (I just assumed he did since I am so cuddly ), but he replied that he did.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:37 AM   #1275
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

if i recall what you're thinking about, the answer is "not always." sometimes it was (and in those cases i would bet my jack-bauer life on it), and sometimes it was just deliberate over-use of that phrase to try to throw wolves off, and it essentially meant "thanks for the the PM. you're right about that" or "okay...i believe what you said."
Old 07-09-2009, 09:38 AM   #1276
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
One of the PM's was mine, I don't know about the others, but I never asked DT if he trusted me (I just assumed he did since I am so cuddly ), but he replied that he did.

What? The cuddly ones are the ones you have to fear the most? Haven't you ever seen Gremlins?!
Old 07-09-2009, 09:39 AM   #1277
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post

important to note that that's a generic phrase i've been throwing out to people though - it doesn't imply where along the scale of trust they are. for all you know (and you too Danny) you could be the bottom man on the "medium-high" trust list.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:39 AM   #1278
Danny
Head Coach

That's true, but I am not wet
Old 07-09-2009, 09:40 AM   #1279
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
important to note that that's a generic phrase i've been throwing out to people though - it doesn't imply where along the scale of trust they are. for all you know (and you too Danny) you could be the bottom man on the "medium-high" trust list.

This is true, as I think it's been said for about half the players
Old 07-09-2009, 09:42 AM   #1280
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

That's fine. I'm not concerned too much with where I am on the list -- in fact, I'm probably not medium-high, let alone high. I was just worried that if people were asking you if you trusted them, it seemed to me like they were a little too excited to slip into getting your trust without the rest of the gang here having a say. But as long as you're keeping an eye on it, I'm cool.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:44 AM   #1281
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
if i recall what you're thinking about, the answer is "not always." sometimes it was (and in those cases i would bet my jack-bauer life on it), and sometimes it was just deliberate over-use of that phrase to try to throw wolves off, and it essentially meant "thanks for the the PM. you're right about that" or "okay...i believe what you said."

Good, I'm glad Pass asked that because I had the same misgivings.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:44 AM   #1282
path12
Coordinator

I was the other advisor Alan picked, BTW.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:46 AM   #1283
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Good, I'm glad Pass asked that because I had the same misgivings.

Oh yeah, path. The answer to your question is 'no' -- what you said doesn't really tell me anything (maybe it would if I watched the show), but I can't think of a reason I need to know anything more than that, anyway.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:47 AM   #1284
Passacaglia
Coordinator

(and sorry for the late reply)
Old 07-09-2009, 09:50 AM   #1285
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
note - saldana never responded to my question about whether he was a member of the conspiracy. would be curious to know about that.

Even after sending you a PM? Seems like an obvious question that you know what the answer will be (unless you've got some sort of super lie detecting). I'll admit my suspicion on sal is only because he's voted for me twice, the second being mostly a hidden vote since the runs were on other people yesterday. But he's done nothing to convince me that he isn't at least suspicious. Don't know that I'll go there with a vote yet, but he's in my considerations.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:56 AM   #1286
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Oh yeah, path. The answer to your question is 'no' -- what you said doesn't really tell me anything (maybe it would if I watched the show), but I can't think of a reason I need to know anything more than that, anyway.

Gotcha. Appreciate the reply.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:01 AM   #1287
Autumn
Head Coach

I'd say if Saldana is refusing to send his role info to DT that's mighty suspicious. We know the wolves only have a few fake roles to hide behind, some of them have to be trying to avoid revealing. I'll have to look back but I seem to remember his votes being kind of odd too.

So yeah, I"m back. I don't think I've seen any voting at all (well except for me I guess last night). I'd be inclined at this moment to go for Saldana or nfg. I'm ggoing to look at the votes on me last night and see who might have seemed eager to take advantage of a runaway lynch.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 10:02 AM   #1288
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I'd say if Saldana is refusing to send his role info to DT that's mighty suspicious. We know the wolves only have a few fake roles to hide behind, some of them have to be trying to avoid revealing. I'll have to look back but I seem to remember his votes being kind of odd too.

So yeah, I"m back. I don't think I've seen any voting at all (well except for me I guess last night). I'd be inclined at this moment to go for Saldana or nfg. I'm ggoing to look at the votes on me last night and see who might have seemed eager to take advantage of a runaway lynch.

I think DT indicated that he'd received a PM from saldana and then "moved him around the trust list" but then afterwards said that sal had not specifically said he wasn't part of the conspiracy. Which should really be meaningless.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:03 AM   #1289
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

@10:59am - *nods* thanks. that's all i needed to know.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:03 AM   #1290
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:

uh...no, i am not a member of the conspiracy.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:04 AM   #1291
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:

I am shocked!
Old 07-09-2009, 10:04 AM   #1292
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
I think DT indicated that he'd received a PM from saldana and then "moved him around the trust list" but then afterwards said that sal had not specifically said he wasn't part of the conspiracy. Which should really be meaningless.

no i didn't move him around on my trust list. i hope i didn't say that. i moved him around on my little "list of who's who and claims what sort of powers" and such.

like there's a group of "claims powers that we can't publicly verify ever" and a group of "these people have powers we can publicly test" and others.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:05 AM   #1293
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

thanks sal. that's helpful.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:05 AM   #1294
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
no i didn't move him around on my trust list. i hope i didn't say that. i moved him around on my little "list of who's who and claims what sort of powers" and such.

like there's a group of "claims powers that we can't publicly verify ever" and a group of "these people have powers we can publicly test" and others.

Ah, I think you simply said "moves you on the list", so I inferred trust list. Thanks for clarifying.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:07 AM   #1295
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:

this is 100% correct, and i appreciate that you helped me out here considering i have voted you twice...yesterday's wasnt meant to be "hidden" as so much as i didnt have a chance to follow along during the day and had no clue where the votes were going, so i punted..

as far as specifically saying i was not in the conspiracy, i didnt state that in my PM, but even if i were, I would still say that i wasn't. [scratches head]
Old 07-09-2009, 10:08 AM   #1296
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

my little "cheat sheet" of role-based info if you will (names omitted).

The following people have claimed powers that we cannot publicly see the effects of -

The following people claimed powers that would be difficult to test publicly:

The following people pushed quickly (via PM) to use their powers on Autumn (perhaps to help us lynch a villager and then say "oh was just trying to help you jack" all innocently, but perhaps it’s nothing):
The following have powers that could be tested and the results could be publicly observed: NOTE - I ACTUALLY NEED TO BREAK THIS INTO 2 "publicly observed and clearly not a wolf" and "publicly observed and still could be a wolf"

Old 07-09-2009, 10:09 AM   #1297
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
this is 100% correct, and i appreciate that you helped me out here considering i have voted you twice...yesterday's wasnt meant to be "hidden" as so much as i didnt have a chance to follow along during the day and had no clue where the votes were going, so i punted..

as far as specifically saying i was not in the conspiracy, i didnt state that in my PM, but even if i were, I would still say that i wasn't. [scratches head]

I do remember both of your votes being early on in the day, which makes it tough to analyze. Day 1 aside, throwing an early vote and then not moving it and having very few posts gives me very little read on you.

And yeah.. I'd be very surprised if anyone came out and said, "Hey Jack, I'm bad!" so.. I wasn't expecting anything to come from that.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:12 AM   #1298
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

@11:09 - thanks. figured you'd know what to do with that.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:15 AM   #1299
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
And yeah.. I'd be very surprised if anyone came out and said, "Hey Jack, I'm bad!" so.. I wasn't expecting anything to come from that.

My guess is someone has a soothsayer role and DT wanted it used on saldana.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 10:17 AM   #1300
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

are you all interested in looking at that "claims a role that cannot be publicly verified" grouping?