Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-13-2006, 01:22 PM   #1251
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
There is some debate about who should go down to the planet next. In the end it is decided that it should be sndvls, Schmidty, Dubb93, king & alan who go on the mission. The five intrepid explorers set out in different directions looking for The Wig. All but sndvls return at the appointed time. sndvls comes back a bit later then the rest with a bit of a smile on his face.
Oooh, smiles. I like smiles.

-Talgian
Talgian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 01:23 PM   #1252
Barkeep49
Coordinator

As the away mission goes on Coffee Warlord once again goes to his lab, secreted away from everyone else.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 01:23 PM   #1253
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Yea, I found nothing on my search. Can't wait to hear what Sun found.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 01:23 PM   #1254
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Ok I'm out for about an hour or so.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 01:24 PM   #1255
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Today's lab work is complete.

...and useless for today. But I think it's going to be time well spent.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 01:25 PM   #1256
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord
Today's lab work is complete.

...and useless for today. But I think it's going to be time well spent.
Care to share what is going on?

-Talgian
Old 07-13-2006, 01:28 PM   #1257
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talgian
Care to share what is going on?

-Talgian

Honest answer? No, no I don't.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 01:29 PM   #1258
Schmidty
Coordinator

I found nothing either.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 01:29 PM   #1259
SnDvls
Pro Starter

okay here's what I know

Well we found the Wig, but it’s pretty beat up. Doesn’t look flyable. Also saw several bodies, old dead crew, not a pretty sight. I was able to find out that the Wig crew had thought they had a chemical to kill the spawn, but it wasn’t successful and the crew became infected. The Wig crew believed there was a central or head spawn directing the others (maybe the overlord??) The crew was going to try and find this head spawn, but I couldn’t find any info about where it might be or where they went. I also found their science lab…there might be some info there, but we’ll have to make another trip to move a blockhead from the door…(might be the head guy back there too, just a quick though I had wehnI first got the info.) We had incredible luck with this find.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 01:31 PM   #1260
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
Yea, I found nothing on my search. Can't wait to hear what Sun found.

Hopefully he's not the Keymaster for Zuul like Rick Moranis in Ghostbusters. He had a goofy grin too.....
Old 07-13-2006, 01:33 PM   #1261
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls
okay here's what I know

Well we found the Wig, but it’s pretty beat up. Doesn’t look flyable. Also saw several bodies, old dead crew, not a pretty sight. I was able to find out that the Wig crew had thought they had a chemical to kill the spawn, but it wasn’t successful and the crew became infected. The Wig crew believed there was a central or head spawn directing the others (maybe the overlord??) The crew was going to try and find this head spawn, but I couldn’t find any info about where it might be or where they went. I also found their science lab…there might be some info there, but we’ll have to make another trip to move a blockhead from the door…(might be the head guy back there too, just a quick though I had wehnI first got the info.) We had incredible luck with this find.

I don't envy the fact that you were the only one to find this from the away team. People are going to be suspicious of you being infected now.
Old 07-13-2006, 01:35 PM   #1262
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord
Honest answer? No, no I don't.

You better be trying to turn dead spawn into live yaks.
Old 07-13-2006, 01:35 PM   #1263
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
I don't envy the fact that you were the only one to find this from the away team. People are going to be suspicious of you being infected now.

I agree...there is a great risk reward now

do we send more people back to try and see what is behind the blockhead with the risk of getting infected or killed, or freeing a trapped overlord, but it could be the cure all to defeating the spawn too.

all in all it was worth it for what we found.
Old 07-13-2006, 01:36 PM   #1264
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I wanna go back and kill something.
Old 07-13-2006, 01:38 PM   #1265
path12
Coordinator

We have to wait until tomorrow to go back now, right?
Old 07-13-2006, 01:39 PM   #1266
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I sure hope by then we have phasers......
Old 07-13-2006, 01:44 PM   #1267
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
I sure hope by then we have phasers......

"I canna give 'er much more, Cap'n!"
Old 07-13-2006, 01:44 PM   #1268
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12
We have to wait until tomorrow to go back now, right?

correct my AP is all used up
Old 07-13-2006, 01:47 PM   #1269
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I also was told we all went in seperate directions and that I found nothing.

Someone re-state for me please why we want to continue spending time with this rather than trying to get off the planet though? Additional exposure means additional risk here, I would think if we can meet the conditions to get off the planet we should do so and leave the wig someone else's problem to worry about later.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 01:48 PM   #1270
Fouts
College Starter

I stayed awake because I was worried about being attacked. I had some more work to perform on the spawn corpses (didn't get the chance because of the away mission).

I have a couple things going my way. I was the first to vote for Hoops yesterday, and I was on both missions that brought back Crystilium. I would take a look at the first mission for Hoops' accomplice.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 01:50 PM   #1271
KWhit
Coordinator

Well done, men.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 01:50 PM   #1272
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Two things about me:

1. I'm cynical.
2. I usually like to play it safe.

So I am not understanding the excitement of going back tomorrow. We blew a good chance to get off-planet today. No use crying over spilled milk.

Tomorrow is a new day though. I propose tomorrow we go and get enough crystal to leave. If that works, excellent, we're off planet. If not, then we can go back to the wig and get their technology or whatever.

We should fix the brig tonight so we have phasers and can lock up the captain and others we believe are clean.

The slaves should die.

-Talgian
Old 07-13-2006, 01:50 PM   #1273
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T

Someone re-state for me please why we want to continue spending time with this rather than trying to get off the planet though? Additional exposure means additional risk here, I would think if we can meet the conditions to get off the planet we should do so and leave the wig someone else's problem to worry about later.

Because KWhit supposedly got a wierd PM from BK about the ship, and ordered us to go look for it.
Old 07-13-2006, 01:50 PM   #1274
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:

I think it is part of the storyline. Something that will combat the Overlord. The wig science lab combined with the research CW and I are doing can put an end to the spawn. Of course, this is all theory.

I think we need to send a team, with a scientist, over to that lab tomorrow.
Old 07-13-2006, 01:51 PM   #1275
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

For the record, can anyone else picture how rediculous last night must have been. First off, hoops is repairing the security hq, with me spying on him. While I'm spying on him all night, King is spying on me.

At break time, Hoops meets up with someone, stuffs a spawnling into chubby, with me spying on them I might add, all the while my spying is being spied by King. Somehow, none of us bump into each other, and then go back to our normal, working, spying, spying on the spyer business. What are the odds of that?

Must have been a real trip going from security hq to the sleeping quarters back to the sercurity hq with everyone trying to be sneaky but only king suceeding.
Old 07-13-2006, 01:52 PM   #1276
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:

I have no problem going again tomorrow w/ some slaves to reduce the risk of infected crew and move the blockhead if that is what the general feelign is to find out what is there.
Old 07-13-2006, 01:53 PM   #1277
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
Because KWhit supposedly got a wierd PM from BK about the ship, and ordered us to go look for it.

I believe KWhit was lead to believe that if we liftoff with the overlord still in play the ship will be blown up.
Old 07-13-2006, 01:54 PM   #1278
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Two things about me:

1. I'm cynical.
2. I usually like to play it safe.

So I am not understanding the excitement of going back tomorrow. We blew a good chance to get off-planet today. No use crying over spilled milk.

Tomorrow is a new day though. I propose tomorrow we go and get enough crystal to leave. If that works, excellent, we're off planet. If not, then we can go back to the wig and get their technology or whatever.

We should fix the brig tonight so we have phasers and can lock up the captain and others we believe are clean.

The slaves should die.

-Talgian

the problem is the only people we know are clean are bullet and CW now...once bullet heals chubby we can add him to the list.
Old 07-13-2006, 01:55 PM   #1279
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts
I think it is part of the storyline. Something that will combat the Overlord. The wig science lab combined with the research CW and I are doing can put an end to the spawn. Of course, this is all theory.

what leads you to belive a scientist should go? something you found out in you discetion of spawnlings?
Old 07-13-2006, 01:55 PM   #1280
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts

what leads you to belive a scientist should go? something you found out in you disection of spawnlings?
Old 07-13-2006, 01:56 PM   #1281
KWhit
Coordinator

It was a rather cryptic communication from my superior officer that led me to believe that we should not try to come home without dealing with the Spawn leader.
Old 07-13-2006, 01:56 PM   #1282
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
what leads you to belive a scientist should go? something you found out in you disection of spawnlings?

The fact that you found a sealed SCIENCE lab?
Old 07-13-2006, 01:57 PM   #1283
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
I believe KWhit was lead to believe that if we liftoff with the overlord still in play the ship will be blown up.
When I read his post, I interpreted it as we may not be able to liftoff, not that we'd die. Regardless, it is utter folly to go back there tomorrow without trying to leave. We may have been off planet today, without the overlord having attacked us yet. I don't see why going back there and exposing ourselves to all that danger is worth it when we can try to leave, and if that fails, then go for the riskier plan B.

-Talgian
Old 07-13-2006, 01:57 PM   #1284
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
what leads you to belive a scientist should go? something you found out in you discetion of spawnlings?

I have found out about as much info about the spawn corpses as CW has. It just makes sense to send a scientist to the science lab on the other ship.

Oh and my vote stays the same as yesterday.

Vote Hoops
Old 07-13-2006, 01:57 PM   #1285
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
It was a rather cryptic communication from my superior officer that led me to believe that we should not try to come home without dealing with the Spawn leader.

This post was meant to be in response to the "why should we mess with the Wig" questions.
Old 07-13-2006, 01:58 PM   #1286
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
The fact that you found a sealed SCIENCE lab?

it could just be info we bring back though correct? just trying to get some info out of fouts.
Old 07-13-2006, 01:58 PM   #1287
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

ok i just got in and am up to page 21, ill post more once i finish reading up
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 01:59 PM   #1288
SnDvls
Pro Starter

alan - I hope you got a PM to barkeep to Interrogate someone today.
Old 07-13-2006, 01:59 PM   #1289
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
When I read his post, I interpreted it as we may not be able to liftoff, not that we'd die. Regardless, it is utter folly to go back there tomorrow without trying to leave. We may have been off planet today, without the overlord having attacked us yet. I don't see why going back there and exposing ourselves to all that danger is worth it when we can try to leave, and if that fails, then go for the riskier plan B.

-Talgian

Let's be honest, we don't have enough water to even think about leaving. And that fact that our shit got jacked by the spawn overlord leads me to believe that once we start to get close to the point where we can think about leaving.....not gonna happen. He's going to jack our shit again. He needs to be dealt with.
Old 07-13-2006, 02:00 PM   #1290
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Let's be honest, we don't have enough water to even think about leaving. And that fact that our shit got jacked by the spawn overlord leads me to believe that once we start to get close to the point where we can think about leaving.....not gonna happen. He's going to jack our shit again. He needs to be dealt with.

I agree 100%. Looks like we are meant to deal with this on-planet.
Old 07-13-2006, 02:00 PM   #1291
SnDvls
Pro Starter

IF we send a team tomorrow I suggest me, fouts and 3 slaves or me, fouts, and 3 other crew
Old 07-13-2006, 02:01 PM   #1292
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
This post was meant to be in response to the "why should we mess with the Wig" questions.
Okay, if we're going to go all RP here.

According to the intro, the entire fate of the galaxy hinges on this mission. If we honestly couldn't even leave the planet without finding the wig, the admiral would have told you that straight up. It's his life as much as anyone else's. Perhaps more so because he's a military man. So I really don't think we'll die if we don't get to the wig. There's nothing in the rules about not being able to lift off without. However, there is something about how liftoff is immediate when the captain orders it. Almost as if, I don't know, we're actually supposed to be trying to get off this rock, not playing in its graveyards.

-Talgian
Old 07-13-2006, 02:02 PM   #1293
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
alan - I hope you got a PM to barkeep to Interrogate someone today.

I might be misunderstanding the rules (my first spawn game), but I was under the impression that if I went on an away team, it ate up my AP for the day so I couldn't interrogate. If I'm wrong, I definitly can do that.
Old 07-13-2006, 02:03 PM   #1294
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
We don't have enough water? Don't we have a fully working water plant and like 2 days left? That sounds like more than enough water.

-Talgian
Old 07-13-2006, 02:03 PM   #1295
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Plus, not only do we have to lift off, but then we have to clean the Spawn. Lifting off itself is not the endgame fellows, so let's not treat it like it is.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 02:04 PM   #1296
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I'm going to go work on something.

Old 07-13-2006, 02:04 PM   #1297
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Remove this blockhead:

Old 07-13-2006, 02:04 PM   #1298
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety
Plus, not only do we have to lift off, but then we have to clean the Spawn. Lifting off itself is not the endgame fellows, so let's not treat it like it is.

But lifting off reduces our exposure to more spawns.

Once we lift off, this turns into an us vs them game. Where its then a process of eliminating who is left. Every day we stay on this planet, who knows who is getting infected every time we go out.
Old 07-13-2006, 02:05 PM   #1299
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Okay, if we're going to go all RP here.

According to the intro, the entire fate of the galaxy hinges on this mission. If we honestly couldn't even leave the planet without finding the wig, the admiral would have told you that straight up. It's his life as much as anyone else's. Perhaps more so because he's a military man. So I really don't think we'll die if we don't get to the wig. There's nothing in the rules about not being able to lift off without. However, there is something about how liftoff is immediate when the captain orders it. Almost as if, I don't know, we're actually supposed to be trying to get off this rock, not playing in its graveyards.

-Talgian

How much water should we take? B/C last game we ran out of it, and had to ration it to the point people started to die from lack of water. Sure it turned out good for the survivors, but it could have been a bad deal had a spawn been in the trusted group. Listen to Talgian, lets liftoff with enough water for about 2 days.
Old 07-13-2006, 02:06 PM   #1300
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

path worked on security HQ which neeeeds two to fix, so I'm helping and that should get it up and running. Qwik, work to fix the water plant, which needs one more.

-Anxiety