Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-19-2007, 01:00 AM   #1251
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
VOTE BARKEEP

Barkeep is a wolf.

WOOT!!! RendeR, I forgive ya for making me think you were a wolf earlier, yer my hero (maybe one more day's reprieve, of course)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
vote count of course should read

crim - 1 (ntn)
barkeep - 5 (render, dt, lsg, telle, path)
swaggs - 1 (crim)

WOOOOT!!! Die, Wolfy Scum!!!

Weird, I had Barkeep on my "prolly doesn't chew on villagers" list. Sigh.

Crim lynch-defense, part two, coming up! (Shorter this time, though, I'm typing this at 2am! )
Crim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 01:44 AM   #1252
Crim
College Benchwarmer

The Official Crim Lynch-Defense, Part Deux

Okay, I'm not out of danger yet, so I need to make what use I can out of this post, as I think it does bear on my guilt/innocence:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I'm waiting to hear from Render before I vote. Crim has moved up in my eyes based on the defense given (always nice to see such passion from a newer player. In fact, to go on a bit of tangent, several of our new players have been great fun to have a round which is so nice and refreshing, even if Alan is able to still snooker everyone). I'm at work all day today so I'm hoping to be more active than I was yesterday.

Remember that at the time of Barkeep's post there was two full days of momentum driving the village toward a Crim-lynch. And after my carpet-bombing hundred-post defense/explanation, there were still two votes sitting against me, and none (and no real discussion) against anyone else. Telle (cleared by Render) in 1183, and path (not officially in COT, but I and others had made a case that he's most likely a no-name socialite) in 1195.

So then, Barkeep (the wolf) says he's starting to think Crim ain't such a bad guy after all. Bear in mind, it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that, barring a RendeR clearing post on me, I'm without question our next lynch.

At this point, two things are likely: RendeR doesn't scan me (or gets back too late to matter) and I get strung up with about eighty-seven votes on me, my corpse is conspicuously unwolflike, and Barkeep gets to point to his above post and say, "See? Told ya he seemed villagerish!" and thereby raises his own trust level.

Or, RendeR scans me and clears me, and Barkeep gets to point to his above post and say, "See? Told ya he seemed villagerish!" and thereby raises his own trust level.

Okay, third option came to pass, RendeR scanned Barkeep, but there wasn't really any defense against a seer-scan, Barkeep just had to play the percentages by supporting Crim.

So here I am again, still, with nothing to keep me alive to see another day but a change of heart by the COT. I am more than willing to answer any questions you guys have, since I can't be scanned by RendeR until after I survive the next vote, which doesn't seem too likely atm.

I'm off Sunday, and should be able to check in periodically, unlike the last four days.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:09 AM   #1253
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I don't know that you're the next target for sure crim. It'll depend on what RendeR gets up to this next night, and honestly there are several other viable ways to go about it. fwiw i'm leaning against voting for you.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 02:14 AM   #1254
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
fwiw i'm leaning against voting for you.

so am I. Let's start a reverse-bandwagon! Wear "Free Crim" shirts! We can have a bake sale! (mmmm donuts!)
Old 08-19-2007, 02:17 AM   #1255
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crim View Post
so am I. Let's start a reverse-bandwagon! Wear "Free Crim" shirts! We can have a bake sale! (mmmm donuts!)

you're funny
Old 08-19-2007, 07:05 AM   #1256
RendeR
Coordinator

Wow, still nothing from pass? Did I mis where he said he'd be delayed by a day?

Off topic, I hurt like hell. We still have to UNLOAD the damn truck today and right now I'm the only mule. Hopefully I can recruit my brother in law and his roomate to help. unloading is always easier than loading though so it shouldn't take nearly as long even if its just me.

Then again she has this 500lb wardrobe that I'm not sure I can even move by myself.....

gah. August has been a rediculously busy month.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 08:19 AM   #1257
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Crim do you forget I said I believed Alan over saldana?
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 08:49 AM   #1258
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Wow, still nothing from pass? Did I mis where he said he'd be delayed by a day?

Off topic, I hurt like hell. We still have to UNLOAD the damn truck today and right now I'm the only mule. Hopefully I can recruit my brother in law and his roomate to help. unloading is always easier than loading though so it shouldn't take nearly as long even if its just me.

Then again she has this 500lb wardrobe that I'm not sure I can even move by myself.....

gah. August has been a rediculously busy month.

Hehe, that stinks. I can relate though. When my wife got sick last spring, my mother (who is a schoolteacher near retirement) moved up at the end of the schoolyear to help out. Instead of paying movers to do it, she got a huge ryder truck and drove it herself from Georgia up to Mass. I had the fun of loading and unloading my mother's entire 60 years worth of posessions.It took us 4 days to load, 3 days to drive and 3 days to unload it. Was pretty much the worst experience of my life
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 08:50 AM   #1259
RendeR
Coordinator

Lord...thats just....wrong.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:56 AM   #1260
Swaggs
Coordinator

Rarely have I felt like I spent money any better than on the days I watched movers pack us and unpack us, in blistering heat, during our last move.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 12:05 PM   #1261
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

lol @ Swaggs. Poor RendeR...man that sounds wretched
Old 08-19-2007, 12:06 PM   #1262
RendeR
Coordinator

Well, since the last night action is already due to be sorted out and the next deadline isn't until tomorrow night, we can lay Crim's worries to rest.

I scanned Crim last night.

We'll know what he is as soon as Passacaglia updates us.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:18 PM   #1263
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
lol @ Swaggs. Poor RendeR...man that sounds wretched

Trust me, it FEELS far more wretched than it sounds. I'm about to leave the house to start unloading the truck. Luckily I've been told I'll have 2-3 other guys to assist me this time.

Back sometime late tonight, if I don't pass out asleep.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:46 PM   #1264
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Well, since the last night action is already due to be sorted out and the next deadline isn't until tomorrow night, we can lay Crim's worries to rest.

cool
Old 08-19-2007, 12:59 PM   #1265
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Sorry about the delay, all. I know I said I might be late, but didn't expect it to be this late. Anyway....

The mood of the party seems to turn toward Crim, until someone wakes up Prof. Plum, late in the evening. "What? You mean you all haven't figured out that Barkeep49 is a wolf yet?" With little said, the group takes Barkeep49 and beats him into submission. With a last gasp, he coughs out, "I never had a chance." Barkeep49 was a wolf!

Day 5 ends Monday, 6 PM Eastern.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 01:00 PM   #1266
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:

You wasted a scan on Crim? Your scanning of me was very good, but his defense should have been realized for what it was, correct. Too bad you wasted a day on Crim. A shame really.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:01 PM   #1267
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Sorry for the cross post.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:35 PM   #1268
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Crim do you forget I said I believed Alan over saldana?

Yes. I did forget. Although, I almost certainly would have omitted that even if I'd remembered. And if it were brought up, it's easily explained away by the fact that every one of us villagers also believed Alan over saldana as well. Sucks for saldana.

Quote:

WOOOOOT!!! I live! I live! Unless, of course, I'm eaten out of spite tonight, although I can't help but think RendeR makes a more inviting target. Still, I LIVE!!!

Quote:
You wasted a scan on Crim? Your scanning of me was very good, but his defense should have been realized for what it was, correct. Too bad you wasted a day on Crim. A shame really.

I've really had a good time with this game, guys. Barkeep, I don't know if the bolded quote above should be taken exactly as a compliment, but I appreciate it. I put a lot of brain cells into mitigating the damage I'd already done to my trust. And while it all made perfect sense to me, and of course to you (being that you knew I wasn't hairy), reading through as an unknowing villager, I still think I wouldn't have blamed anyone for voting for me. I look forward to playing another game, with this lesson behind me.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:47 PM   #1269
Passacaglia
Coordinator

By the way, if the rest of the wolf faction wants to surrender, that's fine with me -- no reason to extend the game on my account.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 01:50 PM   #1270
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

it made sense to me crim. And i'm glad you've lived this long, all too often I think we lynch new folks too early to get a read on them / for them to get an appreciation for the game.

your play hasn't been bad this game at all IMO. I'd say you've made a solid villager
Old 08-19-2007, 02:52 PM   #1271
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

So that means there is only one wolf left.... who could it be?
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 04:37 PM   #1272
Swaggs
Coordinator

Does this mean that there was no night kill by the wolf last night?
Old 08-19-2007, 04:45 PM   #1273
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

(me and my obsessive math skills are so awesome)
Old 08-19-2007, 07:32 PM   #1274
RendeR
Coordinator

Crim is indeed Human.

lucky little shit.

Ok, who do we vote dead tonight and who should I scan...we can cover 2 of the remaining 4.
Old 08-19-2007, 07:32 PM   #1275
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Render, who is the last wolf? we can finish this game now
Old 08-19-2007, 07:32 PM   #1276
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

who are the remaining four?
Old 08-19-2007, 07:44 PM   #1277
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
FYI

Uncleared: schmidty, swaggs, crim, ntn, path

is that correct?

minus Crim, these are the victims.
Old 08-19-2007, 07:56 PM   #1278
RendeR
Coordinator

Taking input on which villager to lynch next until we find the last wolf. Since the odds are so pathetically against him I'm wondering if he would just like to turn himself into a dead werewolf and save us the effort
Old 08-19-2007, 07:58 PM   #1279
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm pulling for the wolf.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 08:08 PM   #1280
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Me too.
Old 08-19-2007, 08:10 PM   #1281
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post

Mathematically the game is over. Even if he manages to kill someone each night, 4 nights ends this.

I suppose if he wants to see how many he can get we can continue, but the villagers will win this game, tomorrow or thursday.
Old 08-19-2007, 08:12 PM   #1282
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Crim is indeed Human.

lucky little shit.

LOL
Old 08-19-2007, 08:16 PM   #1283
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Mathematically the game is over. Even if he manages to kill someone each night, 4 nights ends this.

I suppose if he wants to see how many he can get we can continue, but the villagers will win this game, tomorrow or thursday.

true.

I say we go some combination of schmidty/ntn then path/swaggs
Old 08-19-2007, 08:17 PM   #1284
RendeR
Coordinator

Works for me

VOTE NTNDEACON
Old 08-19-2007, 09:00 PM   #1285
Telle
College Starter

Ok.

VOTE NTNDEACON
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 09:25 PM   #1286
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
Ok.

VOTE NTNDEACON

how was the HS reunion? gahh...my 10 year is this year (i think?)

VOTE NTNDEACON
Old 08-19-2007, 10:08 PM   #1287
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Okay, I've done some back checking, really watching ntn and schmidty and swaggs. Early on, I think swaggs looks like a villager. ntn and schmidty have said very little of consequence. But I stumbled onto this exchange between RendeR, Daddy Torgo, and path12, and in hindsight, I think it is telling (<--that's a pun, but you won't get it yet).

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
... And DT is one of the people who checked in as a nameless socialite yet does not seem to know Peacock's identity. He is one of my three wolf candidates.

Quote:
The other two are Telle and Crim, by the way.

Now, looking back knowing what we know now, all three of path's suspects are socialites. Hmm. Let's see if it get's worse.

Quote:
Let me explain again where I'm coming from.

1) Nameless socialites know the identity of Peacock.

2) Certain people have checked in specifically as vanilla or nameless socialites.

3) Certain of those people have demonstrated in subsequent posts that they are not aware of Peacock's identity.

4) I then assume they have a nefarious reason for lying about being a nameless socialite.

Fine, as far as that line of thinking goes. Almost got me killed, for instance.

Quote:
I'd also say that since you just checked in as a socialite, yet have shown that you don't know Peacock, that you have a role. Which is cool. I don't know which one.

I don't really mind if anyone goes with this or not, my ego is not wrapped up in this. But I'm willing to bet that two of the three I named will end up being bad.

Taking it up a notch.

Quote:
I thought I remembered this little tidbit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 ...And just for RendeR -- I have a role. Dig it.

If you have a role you don't know who peocock is, yet you claim to. Which is it path?

So, path claimed early on to have a role, and now we know that he was not one of the 6 named socialites. What other roles were assigned? Hmm? Oh, wait, he's about to explain his possible motivation:

Quote:
1) I could be lying in order to try and draw wolves my way.

2) I could be a seer.

3) I could be Green.

Take your choice.

My choice is he's a low down stinkin wolf. And, I forgot to quote it, I'll put it here instead as a paste from my spreadsheet thingy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo
RendeR...you'll switch if it's necessary later to ensure a lynch on saldana or cronin though, right??

i honestly think path was just saying that earlier in the game to try to be flippant.
Originally posted by path12
No I wasn't. You, Telle and Crim are top of my list.

DT essentially gives path an out, and he sticks to his "I have a role" statement.

RendeR was on path12 for all this stuff way early, but we got lost along the way, with cronin's guilt, the Alan/saldana tragedy, and Telle pointing out my apparent wolfliness (which is well documented, and I will spare you all a re-hash).

One more thing, and I think this is the important discovery I've made. Chief Rum is Peacock. path12 suspects DT, Telle, and Crim because they cast suspicion onto Peacock. I have NOT researched DTorgo's early posts, but I don't need to. I cannot find ANY reference by Telle about Chief Rum's possible guilt. She's silent on the matter, which leads me to believe that this was all a brilliant bluff by path12; he never knew who Peacock was!
I'm interested in the other villagers' (and path's) thoughts.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:08 PM   #1288
Crim
College Benchwarmer

VOTE PATH12
Old 08-19-2007, 10:19 PM   #1289
Crim
College Benchwarmer

What's the case against ntndeacon?
Old 08-19-2007, 10:19 PM   #1290
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Hmm, seems a stretch to me. I just don't see path making that move as a wolf. For one thing, I don't think ti was at all obvious at that point that I was Peacock. And I don't think he would come on as strong on a guess, particularly that early in the game (he was coming out with that on Day Two or so, IIRC).

I have no feeling on going between ntndeacon or Schmidty, of the remaining "popular" choices, but I have no problem rolling with the crowd on this one.

VOTE NTNDEACON
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 10:23 PM   #1291
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Incidentally, this game should be done by Tuesday at the latest, unless a wolf has slipped through our "cleared" list.

Render should scan whichever of ntndeacon and Schmidty will survive the lynch decision tomorrow. If that person is a wolf, we lynch them. If not, we lynch Swaggs. This is all assuming we don't hang the last lynch tomorrow, of course.

I'm here some tonight, but I return to work tomorrow morning, so you won't likely hear much more from me until late Monday night.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:24 PM   #1292
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
What's the case against ntndeacon?

Just that he isn't cleared, I believe. The cleared list we're going off of is pretty much from the socialite reveals and what not.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:24 PM   #1293
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Hmm, seems a stretch to me. I just don't see path making that move as a wolf. For one thing, I don't think ti was at all obvious at that point that I was Peacock. And I don't think he would come on as strong on a guess, particularly that early in the game (he was coming out with that on Day Two or so, IIRC).

I have no feeling on going between ntndeacon or Schmidty, of the remaining "popular" choices, but I have no problem rolling with the crowd on this one.

VOTE NTNDEACON

I agree, it was not. However, that's my point. If he knew you were Peacock (thus he's innocent), why would he accuse Telle? I haven't really found any way that DT accused you, either, and (I'm tired tell me if I'm wrong on this) since DT is Scarlett, DT did know who you were. So, path is accusing Telle and DaddyTorgo based on them accusing Chief Rum. Except, they didn't accuse Chief Rum. Things that you say, "Hmm."
Old 08-19-2007, 10:34 PM   #1294
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Erm. Never mind, I see that DT was the poor-man's seer. Retract fourth sentence in the above post, please. Sigh.

Okee, I still think the rest of my argument stnds up. Shurg.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:38 PM   #1295
Swaggs
Coordinator

The waiting is the hardest part.

Vote ntndeacon

Vote Nightfall
Old 08-19-2007, 10:46 PM   #1296
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
DT essentially gives path an out, and he sticks to his "I have a role" statement.

Umm, I think you misread this part entirely. My impression was that DT was referring to my saying he was at the top of my list as a wolf and that was what he thought I was being flippant about.

I replied no I wasn't because at that time I did think he was a likely wolf. Although my theory was essentially proved wrong in this case, I still believe that it was a valid argument for that point in the game, as shown by the fact that Chief and others saw what I was getting at even as they didn't quite buy into my conclusion (correctly as it turned out).

My role claim was a lie. I firmly believe that as a plain villager you best serve the village by being very aggressive, and willing to put yourself out there as a target in order to protect roled players. I don't always play that way of course because you can't be predictable here, but it is my preferred style of playing vanilla.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:55 PM   #1297
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Umm, I think you misread this part entirely. My impression was that DT was referring to my saying he was at the top of my list as a wolf and that was what he thought I was being flippant about.

My role claim was a lie. I firmly believe that as a plain villager you best serve the village by being very aggressive, and willing to put yourself out there as a target in order to protect roled players. I don't always play that way of course because you can't be predictable here, but it is my preferred style of playing vanilla.

that's what I was referring to Path. your whole "i have a role render so stop whining about people checking in saying they're vanilla" thing. I thought it was amusing.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:59 PM   #1298
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

crim...there's no real case against any of those left.

At this point there doesn't need to be. We've won. It's just a matter of lynching the 4 "uncleared" people one by one.

i'm not sure why render chose ntn instead of schmidty.

Both ntn and schmidty have played their typical UTR type games. I thought ntn had some suspicious votes the first couple days, but that's balanced by the fact that schmidty missed a vote or two I believe.

So I grouped the two of those together as "let's figure out what's going on with these two" first fairly arbitrarily compared to swaggs/path (who we know a bit more about, more about path than swaggs).

Like I said, dunno why render chose to vote ntn, but it's as good as any of the others.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:04 PM   #1299
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I replied no I wasn't because at that time I did think he was a likely wolf. Although my theory was essentially proved wrong in this case, I still believe that it was a valid argument for that point in the game, as shown by the fact that Chief and others saw what I was getting at even as they didn't quite buy into my conclusion (correctly as it turned out).

Maybe, path, but I think you misread this part entirely. You may be right, but, taking out the extraneous stuff, this is how I read the exchange:

Quote:
I thought I remembered this little tidbit.

If you have a role you don't know who peocock is, yet you claim to. Which is it path?

Quote:
RendeR...you'll switch if it's necessary later to ensure a lynch on saldana or cronin though, right??

i honestly think path was just saying that earlier in the game to try to be flippant.

Quote:
No I wasn't. You, Telle and Crim are top of my list.

Quote:

Idunno, path, this is precisely what you almost got me killed for. The irony is palpable.

I feel weird about this. When you first "outed" DT, Telle, and me, I was just focused on the fact that you'd accused me of doing exactly what I was appearing to do: casting suspicion on Peacock. I actually moved you up on my trust list because of that! But what of my assertion that Telle and DaddyTorgo had not accused Chief Rum of anything? That was your main point, right, DaddyTorgo at the top of your list, THEN Telle, THEN Crim. And you really only got specific after Telle quoted my "RendeR & Chief = Wolves" post.

So what specific posts by Telle or DT led you to suspect them? If you show your work, I'll gladly move my vote.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:08 PM   #1300
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
crim...there's no real case against any of those left.

At this point there doesn't need to be. We've won. It's just a matter of lynching the 4 "uncleared" people one by one.

Never yell "Whoa!" in the middle of a horserace.