Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-17-2011, 06:13 PM   #1251
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

So just the Connie scan you missed, 7 villagers. That probably would've been a demoralizing day.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 06:36 PM   #1252
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Hoops ran a marvel game where we all created new forum accounts, but I doubt the mods want us to do too many/any more of those.

Hoops and I talked about getting the mods to let us use those accounts again, perhaps. I think it would be fun.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 06:39 PM   #1253
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
IN fact he would kill me if I tried it. That's the main thing that convinced me not to try to kill again. After Lathum, the captain, and Carlo went down, it was a 50-50 chance that even if I picked a wolf, that I would die. WHen we had ZERO wolves and no leads, that was a chance I was totally willing to take because it would have at least told us possibly who Captain and Vito were if I went down.

Well two things wrong here, I think. One is, I don't think you die any longer if you kill EF. The rules say that once McCluskey dies you're not in danger, and I think McCluskey died.

Second, I doubt we would have found out who Captain or Vito were if you had tried to kill them. You would have ended up dead in the morning and no one would know who you had tried to hit. That's why I think it was a crazy chance you took on Lathum.
Old 03-17-2011, 06:44 PM   #1254
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Well with the Captain at least I would have hit paydirt. A wolf for a vilalger was acceptable to me. Especially since I was a big candidate for getting lynched.

Crazy? Crazy like a fox...
Or maybe just smart.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 06:49 PM   #1255
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Well two things wrong here, I think. One is, I don't think you die any longer if you kill EF. The rules say that once McCluskey dies you're not in danger, and I think McCluskey died.

Second, I doubt we would have found out who Captain or Vito were if you had tried to kill them. You would have ended up dead in the morning and no one would know who you had tried to hit. That's why I think it was a crazy chance you took on Lathum.

Actually, I think you're mixing that up with Michael Corleone's hit (ooh, another villager kill I missed above), who would've been out of the game if Sollozzo or the Captain wasn't the kill target unless the Captain was already out of the game, in which case that risk was gone. I do agree with your other comment though.
Old 03-17-2011, 06:52 PM   #1256
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Actually, I think you're mixing that up with Michael Corleone's hit (ooh, another villager kill I missed above), who would've been out of the game if Sollozzo or the Captain wasn't the kill target unless the Captain was already out of the game, in which case that risk was gone. I do agree with your other comment though.

Oh yeah, you're right. I did mix those up I guess.
Old 03-17-2011, 06:53 PM   #1257
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I did too LOL!
Old 03-17-2011, 06:54 PM   #1258
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

JAG you played an awesome game btw. Your analysis was great and helped me work out my own doubts. Really glad you and tyke were the "better men" and stepped down off of me. I found when I stepped off of tyke and revealed the gun, the whole game kind of opened up for me.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:01 PM   #1259
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Hoops and I talked about getting the mods to let us use those accounts again, perhaps. I think it would be fun.

That would be awesome.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 07:09 PM   #1260
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
JAG you played an awesome game btw. Your analysis was great and helped me work out my own doubts. Really glad you and tyke were the "better men" and stepped down off of me. I found when I stepped off of tyke and revealed the gun, the whole game kind of opened up for me.

Thanks CF. I'm a little more critical of my game because the only wolf I nailed was Jeff and had Lathum not gone down, I don't know that I would've pursued that. In the end, I think the best I did was using the gun on Jeff, fighting for mckerney not to be a lynch target after his reveal, and backing off you after your gun reveal, though I only went Jeff there because I thought there was only a low chance sal would be a wolf knowing he was neutral. I'm impressed you blocked a kill on me as I didn't think I was a likely target.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:17 PM   #1261
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

At first I protected Narcizo that day as he sounded like he was doing the most good vilalger analysis, then when you backup off on me when you didn't have to, I knew you had to be a villager and thus gave the gun to you. Then when you had the gun/canoli idea, I switched from protecting Narcizo to protecting you as you were the only 100% sure thing for me.

And even though you kept going back to Narcizo and tyketime, I think it was a team effort totally. All of us going with our acute hunches and taking chances that paid off that did it.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:17 PM   #1262
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

100% to me and I figured probably to the wolves as well. And since they always kill off trusted villagers...
Old 03-17-2011, 07:19 PM   #1263
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thanks CF. I'm a little more critical of my game because the only wolf I nailed was Jeff and had Lathum not gone down, I don't know that I would've pursued that. In the end, I think the best I did was using the gun on Jeff, fighting for mckerney not to be a lynch target after his reveal, and backing off you after your gun reveal, though I only went Jeff there because I thought there was only a low chance sal would be a wolf knowing he was neutral. I'm impressed you blocked a kill on me as I didn't think I was a likely target.

But I thought I nailed jeff, then I gave you darth... hmm, something doesn't seem right there.

As for Martin, come on that should have been obvious. Who ever heard of a goodfella with a british accent? "If you cross me old chap you'll be swimming with the fish and chips..."

Are you sure that you are making the right decision today?
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 07:22 PM   #1264
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:

I'm guessing that was part revenge, part hoping the only reason you were sure enough to kill Jeff is because you were seer.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:23 PM   #1265
mckerney
Coordinator

And also because the kill left you as q cleared villager.
Old 03-17-2011, 09:06 PM   #1266
Autumn
Head Coach

Come on now, Pass.
Old 03-18-2011, 12:14 AM   #1267
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I probably will be too busy to check in much tomorrow. I am really expecting a close vote too.

Do you just want to be in another werewolf game or do you want to be in THE game. Lynch someone else, CF kills bhlloy tonight and we go from there. Why think small, think big. Memories are what make life fun why not create a werewolf memory?

For those of you that watch Survivor I'll ask this. Would anyone remember Francesqua if it wasn't for Phillip? Why have the game end in the same old boring way?
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 03:25 AM   #1268
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

"Hey! Remember that one Werewolf game where EF went mad and had to be committed?"
"Yeah I remember that one. That was awesome!"
"The guys in the white suits came and everything!"
Old 03-18-2011, 03:31 AM   #1269
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
"Hey! Remember that one Werewolf game where EF went mad and had to be committed?"
"Yeah I remember that one. That was awesome!"
"The guys in the white suits came and everything!"

This reminds me of his performance in the 24 game when he used similar reasoning to try and get the group to lynch Jack Bauer.
Old 03-18-2011, 04:12 AM   #1270
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Now that I approve of.

"We gotta stop the bomb!"
"No, Jack, you ain't gonna stop nothin'!" *BLAM*
Old 03-18-2011, 04:13 AM   #1271
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Wow 3 guests! Hi guests! Come on it! The water's fine.
Old 03-18-2011, 04:13 AM   #1272
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

IN, not it.
Old 03-18-2011, 06:59 AM   #1273
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyketime View Post
OK. Since I'm the one accused of starting this, I'll put myself in jeopardy for the sake of the argument:

UNVOTE CRIMSON FOX

Now by no means does this indicate I don't think you are acting very defensive. But before the vote gets completely out of reach and just a race between the two of us, let's have some conversation about other mauboy1 voters... or the other non-voters.

Anyone...???

Yeah, as I've looked back over the earlier sequence, I actually don't recall what it was that made me unvote you, CF. I really thought your reaction at the time was very overblown. Perhaps that was a signal you were sending, but since I'm rather new to this... I didn't get it. And for sure I thought this unvote was going to backfire on me. This "strategy" clearly put me right back in the spotlight. I'm sure I was going to put my vote back on you fairly quickly. But as our exchange went on, and your responses were much calmer, I did not get the sense I was being taken. And so the thought that you might be a villager became clearer in my mind. Phew... what a disaster it would have been otherwise...
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 07:02 AM   #1274
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

I haven't looked at yesterday's frantic last hour again, but I gotta tell you - I don't know what in the hell happened. That was the first time the entire game that I felt completely lost and out of place. I'm sure there were all types of signals I was missing. But constantly hitting refresh, trying to keep up with the winds of change, and a poor note-taking system I currently have didn't help me keep up with the veterans.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:56 AM   #1275
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Anyone have a vote count?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 08:56 AM   #1276
Passacaglia
Coordinator

The Family succeeds in taking out the head of another rival Family. EagleFan was Phillip Tattaglia and a traitor!
Old 03-18-2011, 08:58 AM   #1277
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Day 6 begins!
Old 03-18-2011, 09:01 AM   #1278
mckerney
Coordinator

Day 6?
Old 03-18-2011, 09:01 AM   #1279
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I think so, or is my count wrong?
Old 03-18-2011, 09:02 AM   #1280
mckerney
Coordinator

Just surprised, I was expecting we'd had them all. Now I'm not quite sure where to go today...
Old 03-18-2011, 09:06 AM   #1281
mckerney
Coordinator

Vote Autumn
Vote Nightfall
Old 03-18-2011, 09:07 AM   #1282
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
The Family succeeds in taking out the head of another rival Family. EagleFan was Phillip Tattaglia and a traitor!

If EF is Tattaglia shouldn't one of us be dead?
Old 03-18-2011, 09:09 AM   #1283
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Veal. I'm on my phone. Looks like Autumn lied. And "The Turk" is still alive, right?
Old 03-18-2011, 09:09 AM   #1284
Autumn
Head Coach

Maybe you already are, Mckerney ;-)
Old 03-18-2011, 09:10 AM   #1285
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
If EF is Tattaglia shouldn't one of us be dead?

Whoops! Thanks!
Old 03-18-2011, 09:11 AM   #1286
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Phillip Tattaglia takes out a good guy in retaliation, and it's mckerney. mckerney was Appolonia and a good guy!

(it was random, honest!)
Old 03-18-2011, 09:11 AM   #1287
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
I don't have time to post much, I've tried to read in a hurry. It seems the reveals are coming out so I'll reveal that I'm Phillip Tattaglia, so a vote here is a bad idea for two reasons. I'm not sure who's left who hasn't revealed, but clearly it's time to just put the cards on the table and find the last two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post

For anyone just checking in that hasn't voted Autumn yet.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:12 AM   #1288
mckerney
Coordinator

Gah! Good luck good guys today.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:13 AM   #1289
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyketime View Post
Veal.

Oh no... dreaded autocorrect has struck again. lol
Veal = well
Old 03-18-2011, 09:14 AM   #1290
Autumn
Head Coach

I am strong with the Force, McKerney. Oops, wrong game.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:17 AM   #1291
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
I am strong with the Force, McKerney. Oops, wrong game.

Just shows me to never make the mistake of reminding the GM they need to kill someone again.

Old 03-18-2011, 09:17 AM   #1292
Autumn
Head Coach

I guess Luca can guard the same person twice in a row. Another bad rules read by me.

Oh well, nice game guys. Lynch me and find out how many more you've got to find.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:19 AM   #1293
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Vote Autumn
Vote Nightfall
Old 03-18-2011, 09:21 AM   #1294
Autumn
Head Coach

VOTE CRIMSON FOX
VOTE NIGHTFALL
Old 03-18-2011, 09:30 AM   #1295
The Jackal
Coordinator

VOTE AUTUMN
VOTE NIGHTFALL
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 09:34 AM   #1296
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
That was why I voted Autumn actually. That would be the role I would expect a wolf to reveal as since a villager that comes forward to challenge it gives the wolves a bonus kill. But I agree, it looks like we've entered reveal-land and there's basically almost nowhere left to hide.

Right idea, wrong conclusion. I do feel a little better about my analysis now though.

Vote Autumn
Vote Nightfall
Old 03-18-2011, 09:41 AM   #1297
The Jackal
Coordinator

Since lynching sal on day 2 I don't think we've had a villager truly in our sights once, it's fairly impressive.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:42 AM   #1298
Autumn
Head Coach

You'll find out why that is ...
Old 03-18-2011, 09:51 AM   #1299
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Good guys

Luca Brasi -- CrimsonFox
Tom Hagen -- bhlloy
Connie Corleone -- Zinto

Traitors

Victor "The Turk" Sollozzo -- Autumn?

Good guys or Traitors

Fredo Corleone -- j23
Peter Clemenza -- Jackal
Johnny Fontane -- JAG
Moe Greene -- tyketime

I'll be absolutely stunned if there are seven wolves, but even if there were we'd still have a pretty narrow group to choose from.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:52 AM   #1300
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Reading over the neutral roles, the two that have come up traitor are the two I would've suspected to be bad if I had to guess (essentially a brutal and a slut with double vote).