Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-02-2006, 09:41 PM   #1301
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Pass, I'm not wrong. I would love for someone else to be able to back me up, just on general principle, but I'm not wrong on Cronin being an elemental.

That sounds like what cronin said about SnDvls. Why is he wrong, but you're right?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 09:41 PM   #1302
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Saldana, I'm sorry I didn't believe you earlier in the game. I hope you'll believe me now.
Old 01-02-2006, 09:43 PM   #1303
Blade6119
Coordinator

Well well, seems i wasnt soo far off after all with all my crazy shit, was i sun?? I called cronin the elemental, and sun the demon...i couldnt be happier right now. if you all still doubt me after all the arguments i had with sun and gramat, then i never will sway you guys

Hoops, that was a mighty blow to my trust for you...you supported him all game till i started putting pressure on you at which yuo point to tried to distance yourself from him and help me. It was not until i revealed my full duke role and my intention to use it to kill hoops did he start helping me...as for others...I think saldana may be a bad guy...why in gods name would a demon try to bring back a human unless he would be a demon too...for others, i will have to review posts...but outside of cronin(i just love being right) those are my biggest suspects right now
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 09:46 PM   #1304
hoopsguy
General Manager

Barkeep, I'm having a very tough time coming up with a way that there were two resurrections and both belonged to demons. If I was assigning percentages on the "worry" list yours would be significantly lower. The top two guys are much bigger worries for me. And if you are good it clears King, which would be very nice to know as well.

Probably just being stubborn. And maybe being blind on Blade. But Blade is easy enough to prove during daytime actions today.

Yes, I know he could have proved it today during daytime actions. But I was there at the end of voting and I wouldn't have pulled the trigger to take it off of Gram if I was the duke. So I'm not holding that against him.

I'm not trying to harass you or anything of the sort. If anything, I'm playing the same "risk mitigation" strategy now that I played in the ship game you GM'd when I kept worrying about Vince ... and he did turn out to be a spawn. Just saying ...
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 09:47 PM   #1305
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Does anyone else get the feeling that the elementals are very close to winning this game?
Old 01-02-2006, 09:48 PM   #1306
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Could be...sndvls may have randomly raised saldana to try and cover his butt...or...he could be raising saldana to be a demon.
Old 01-02-2006, 09:51 PM   #1307
hoopsguy
General Manager

If you guys need a role reveal to trust me I'll give it. But for people playing along at home who have really dug deep I'm not sure they would want me to do it.

By and large, the demons have all the information we have, and then some. Locking my role up tight has, I believe, helped me and helped the humans in this game.

When I say that because of my role I know that Cronin is an elemental it is because it is essential that you don't misinterpret that information.

When I don't explicitly say why I trust someone, like Dubb earlier in the game it is because I don't think there is sufficient risk in us going down a wrong path to indicate if the information is based on role or on gut/intuition. But I had him pegged as an assassin role from the moment that King died. And I've continuously laid cover for him when people have questioned him.
Old 01-02-2006, 09:52 PM   #1308
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia
Does anyone else get the feeling that the elementals are very close to winning this game?
Yes.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 09:53 PM   #1309
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
Could be...sndvls may have randomly raised saldana to try and cover his butt...or...he could be raising saldana to be a demon.

Or another theory, he could have been bullshitting and someone else had that role. Of course, if that is the case, they could come forward any time now...unless it was an elemental, which case they won't say anything.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 09:53 PM   #1310
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
But I had him pegged as an assassin role from the moment that King died. And I've continuously laid cover for him when people have questioned him.
he said it was a one time power to kill at night...so he wouldnt have been related to the king kill...thats what we in the biz call a slipup hoops
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 01-02-2006, 09:54 PM   #1311
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
...as for others...I think saldana may be a bad guy...why in gods name would a demon try to bring back a human unless he would be a demon too...

and here we go again....lets use a little bit of logic here...i told you all what my role was on day one, and got killed on day 2, so obviously, i have no more power, meanwhile King appeared to be our seer, and we can assume that he came back to life with his powers intact. I think we should be looking at him, who would make alot more sense to me to be a demon ressurection, because you all want him in the game, whereas i offer nothing special, and if he is the seer, who is going to prove otherwise that he is anything but human...he is the perfect demon right now...not saying that he is, just saying that logically, the bad guys bringing him back makes a ton of sense to me.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 09:54 PM   #1312
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
If you guys need a role reveal to trust me I'll give it. But for people playing along at home who have really dug deep I'm not sure they would want me to do it.

By and large, the demons have all the information we have, and then some. Locking my role up tight has, I believe, helped me and helped the humans in this game.

When I say that because of my role I know that Cronin is an elemental it is because it is essential that you don't misinterpret that information.

When I don't explicitly say why I trust someone, like Dubb earlier in the game it is because I don't think there is sufficient risk in us going down a wrong path to indicate if the information is based on role or on gut/intuition. But I had him pegged as an assassin role from the moment that King died. And I've continuously laid cover for him when people have questioned him.

I'm not asking for a role reveal -- I'm just trying to grasp the situation, since cronin was wrong. Obviously, you're not cronin, but you can see where I'm coming from. To be honest, I tend to believe you that cronin is an elemental, but my vote stands, in accordance with my earlier post.
Old 01-02-2006, 09:55 PM   #1313
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I think they might be close...i think sndvls death may have surprised the elementals. St.cronin certainly didn't see it coming.

I hope when we nail grammaticus we seal the victory for the villagers.
Old 01-02-2006, 09:55 PM   #1314
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord
What a night. Let's start from the top, shall we?

At around 10pm, you are all awoken by a scream. A very naked, but very much ALIVE Kingfc has come staggering out of the graveyard. He is confused, he is woozy, but he is alive. The gods have granted him life!

Not an hour later, it happens again. What in the holy hells is going on? The gods have seen fit to return not one, but two people frmo the dead! Saldana has returned from the grave! Praise be to the gods!

A few hours later, it becomes quite obvious no one is getting any sleep tonight. A god-awful cry of pain courses through the courtyard, and you see a cloaked figure withdrawing from SnDvls his throat cut and the life leaving him. But while life may be leaving him, his soul is going elsewhere. In his last moments, a dark demonic force materializes and wrenches SnDvls's black soul from his body, fulfilling the unholy pact which he had obviously made. His killer however, has slipped away into the shadows.

The sun rises about the same time as you smell something...bad. Yep. You thought the trout smelled bad, that's nothing compared to the damn Squid that has been sacrificed today. And let me tell you, that sucker is colossal.

Not to be outdone, the sacrifice of the squid is met with Yet Another Yak (tm). This one is just as diseased, just as mountable, and just as dead. Good thing too. Noone is really sure what would happen if there was a live Squid and a live Yak running around.

You all start the day with an immediate trip to the tavern.

DAY 4 DEADLINE - 9pm Tuesday

Active List
-----------
1 Ardent Enthusiast
2 Blade6119
3 Schmidty, Human, Lynched Day 1
4 Dacman (Elemental)
5 Hoopsguy
6 SnDvls, Demon, Throat Slit Night 3
7 Passacaglia
8 Path12
9 St.Cronin
10 Grammaticus
11 TazFTW
12 Saldana, Human, Murdered Night 2, Resurrected
13 WVUFAN
14 Kingfc22, Human, Poisoned in his Sleep Night 2, Resurrected
15 Barkeep49
16 dubb93

Do we not get to search Sun's room to get a hint at any secret demon role he might of had?
Demotivation
Old 01-02-2006, 09:55 PM   #1315
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I think we're going to set a new record for posts in a werewolf game. Muah.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 09:55 PM   #1316
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Barkeep, who did you bring back?
Old 01-02-2006, 09:56 PM   #1317
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Do we not get to search Sun's room to get a hint at any secret demon role he might of had?
Pwned.
Old 01-02-2006, 09:57 PM   #1318
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:

Oh. Shit. Sorry.

Upon searching SnDvls's room, you find a fine collection of daggers, a collection of herbs, powders, and various plants, and a swedish penis enlarger.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 09:57 PM   #1319
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
and here we go again....lets use a little bit of logic here...i told you all what my role was on day one, and got killed on day 2, so obviously, i have no more power, meanwhile King appeared to be our seer, and we can assume that he came back to life with his powers intact. I think we should be looking at him, who would make alot more sense to me to be a demon ressurection, because you all want him in the game, whereas i offer nothing special, and if he is the seer, who is going to prove otherwise that he is anything but human...he is the perfect demon right now...not saying that he is, just saying that logically, the bad guys bringing him back makes a ton of sense to me.

Well we know sun is a demon, and he said he would raise randomly at night....barkeep also said he would raise, and he said he would raise king. Coffe would not override barkeep without barkeep telling us, so:

BARKEEP RAISED KING
SUN(THE DEMON) RAISED YOU...

Is there something in that logic that makes king more suspicious(and note on day 2 i was protecting WVU, a villager, more then attacking you...but you started a bandwagon i stopped, a wrongful bandwagon. So get over that, as neither of us had a good read yet)
Demotivation
Old 01-02-2006, 09:58 PM   #1320
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I may not go back and read the old posts now. I feel comfortable with what I know now.
Old 01-02-2006, 09:58 PM   #1321
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:

I thought Barkeep already revealed that he brought me back.
Old 01-02-2006, 09:59 PM   #1322
hoopsguy
General Manager

Blade, it isn't a slip-up in the way that you are making it out.

I believed that Dubb had the role of assassin. I was wrong in name only, as he had the role of thief. However, I was wrong when I thought he had used the power earlier on King. I'm definitely curious who did that, but it doesn't modify the fact that I provided cover for a good player who I knew (or strongly suspected, take your pick) was a human.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:01 PM   #1323
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord
I think we're going to set a new record for posts in a werewolf game. Muah.
Which is the same as saying we have the most posts in modern FOFC history
Old 01-02-2006, 10:02 PM   #1324
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Pwned.

what does that mean anyway? i think thats the only phrase in this game i havent picked up yet.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 10:02 PM   #1325
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
King. That's who based on the input I recieved, from Blade and Pass, I decided was most valuable.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:03 PM   #1326
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
I thought Barkeep already revealed that he brought me back.
Are you aboe to confirm that or are you just going off of what I said? I would love if you could confirm it as if one of us were to get killed by the demons it would clear both of us for good.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:05 PM   #1327
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Hoops you're trying to take all this credit about dubbs and cronin. Dubbs I'll give you. But you didn't really suggest cronin was an elemental. I remember one post where you hedged a bit, but for the most part you strongly implied he was a villager. Had you suggested that was a possiblity that he was an elemental I think following his lead would have been different for several of us, or at least myself.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:06 PM   #1328
kingfc22
Head Coach

Well, I've had a bad feeling about Gramm since very early on, but I would like to take a look at the Taz/Path dual role reveal. Why would we need to have this many tie breaker roles? Surely one has to be lying.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:06 PM   #1329
Barkeep49
Coordinator

It's slang for "owned". If you get a really good dis on someone you could be said to pwn them.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:07 PM   #1330
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Are you aboe to confirm that or are you just going off of what I said? I would love if you could confirm it as if one of us were to get killed by the demons it would clear both of us for good.

All it said was that I got rezzed and that my role was still in tact.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:08 PM   #1331
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Well, I've had a bad feeling about Gramm since very early on, but I would like to take a look at the Taz/Path dual role reveal. Why would we need to have this many tie breaker roles? Surely one has to be lying.

Cause a tie and I'll prove it. We have two candidates that are being voted for (Cronin and Gram). Surely we can arrange a tie to prove my power.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 10:09 PM   #1332
hoopsguy
General Manager

Blade, I called him "non-human" every time, never once did I call him human.

Initially I wanted to leave some doubt just in case the demons might try to attack him. But I was definitely calling him an elemental earlier this evening.

I'll go hunt down the post where I was most explicit about this prior to this evening if you need me to - it was part of our running conversation. I said something like "depends on what you mean by good - he is not a demon" or something to that effect. I am sure I can find a few examples.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:09 PM   #1333
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Hoops you're trying to take all this credit about dubbs and cronin. Dubbs I'll give you. But you didn't really suggest cronin was an elemental. I remember one post where you hedged a bit, but for the most part you strongly implied he was a villager. Had you suggested that was a possiblity that he was an elemental I think following his lead would have been different for several of us, or at least myself.

If you re-read the conversation hoops and i had at like 2 am in the morning, he spells it out to me cronin is an elemental and dubb is a human...i think like him so i asked indirect questions(he had hinted at it before so i went in thinking he thought cronin was elemental and no idea where dubb was...at the time i thought hoops was the druid, hence my question about competing with sun who i felt and still somewhat think was the warlock due to the elemental protecting him
Demotivation
Old 01-02-2006, 10:10 PM   #1334
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Blade, I called him "non-human" every time, never once did I call him human.

Initially I wanted to leave some doubt just in case the demons might try to attack him. But I was definitely calling him an elemental earlier this evening.

I'll go hunt down the post where I was most explicit about this prior to this evening if you need me to - it was part of our running conversation. I said something like "depends on what you mean by good - he is not a demon" or something to that effect. I am sure I can find a few examples.
Thats barkeep asking, not me...dont lump me in there, i knew that info long before the lynch
Demotivation
Old 01-02-2006, 10:11 PM   #1335
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
sun who i felt and still somewhat think was the warlock due to the elemental protecting him

I was under the assumption that the warlock/druid role WOULD be revealed upon death.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:13 PM   #1336
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I was under the assumption that the warlock/druid role WOULD be revealed upon death.
Your correct, i retract that statement....thank you. If thats true, then cronins victory conditions lie with the wolves...protecting a non-warlock wolf like he did all game means cronin is working against us.
Demotivation
Old 01-02-2006, 10:13 PM   #1337
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Dubb claims to have seen him making a sacrafice. That seems pretty close to confirmation for me.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:14 PM   #1338
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Dubb claims to have seen him making a sacrafice. That seems pretty close to confirmation for me.
Dubb claimed to see him watching another make a sacrifice i thought
Demotivation
Old 01-02-2006, 10:15 PM   #1339
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Your correct, i retract that statement....thank you. If thats true, then cronins victory conditions lie with the wolves...protecting a non-warlock wolf like he did all game means cronin is working against us.

I don't think so. I think that cronin's victory conditions lie with trying to get sacrifices to answer, and favors used. He wanted us to lynch Gram when HE was protecting him, and he complained about how we didn't sacrifice the right thing for him.

I think that we, and the demon's druid, need to stop making sacrifices.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:15 PM   #1340
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Dubb claimed to see him watching another make a sacrifice i thought
That's right. I realized my mistake almost as soon as I hit post.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:16 PM   #1341
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia
I think that we, and the demon's druid, need to stop making sacrifices.

I'm not sure that is even an option.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:19 PM   #1342
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Trusted:
Cronin - Elemental
WVU Villager

Dac - elemental
Blade Villager
me Villager
Barkeep Villager
Kingfc22 Villager
Hoops villager
Dubb villager

Little trust:
Taz
Not so trusted:
Pass
Path
Saldana

Not trusted the most------ DEMON
Gramm

I know Gramm is bad. One, maybe two of the following is a demon according to my list. One is most likely the third elemental:
Taz
Pass
Path
Saldana

I trust Taz more than the others, I do need to review Path and Pass comments. Saldana, sorry man, but you came back through a demon. I'm worried.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:20 PM   #1343
hoopsguy
General Manager

Sorry, re-post is for Barkeep, not Blade.

Post #880, by me
Quote:
Werewolf games make for strange allies sometimes. But I will continue to suggest alternate targets to Cronin, no matter what he says from now until the deadline.
Post #923, by me
Quote:
From St. Cronin, Post #918
Quote:
If you lynch Grammaticus and what I think happens, happens, I will be a target for demons tonight - or a target for lynch tomorrow. If you lynch me, it's game over for me, but you will all still have a chance.

I'm betting my entire game on it being ABSOLUTELY essential that we kill Gram TODAY.

I am NOT a demon, and my calling out Gram has probably put me square in their sights. But what I know means we have to kill Gram now.

SnDvls is human, I promise.

Some of this is bullshit. I'm just not sure how much.
The part that I knew was bullshit was that Cronin was not human, he was elemental. I didn't know what other lies were in there.

Post #961, by me
Quote:
I'm worried about Gram, frankly. I don't know why Cronin is clearing him and if he is voting in a way that is good for the team. And since I don't completely trust that recommendation I'm tempted to suggest SnDvls.
I didn't know if Cronin's clear was good for the team because I knew he (elemental) had a different agenda than me (human).

Finally, here is the exchange with Blade, starting with Post #963:
Quote:
you still sure cronin is good?
Me, Post #964
Quote:
Guess it depends on how you define good ... I'm sure he isn't a demon.
This is a long string of conversation where I think it is very easy to tell that I know Cronin is an elemental.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:22 PM   #1344
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I'm about out for the night fellas.

We'll see if I can get online when I get back to the house.

My hectic, hectic day at work is almost over.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:23 PM   #1345
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Vote Count because I hate not knowing

3 - St. Cronin
3 - Grammaticus

As it stands now, Cronin will be lynched because my tie breaking power will be used.

If people want to lynch Grammaticus more, I'd switch with someone on the Gramm side.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 10:23 PM   #1346
hoopsguy
General Manager

And I can find posts earlier than this, but I was looking for the exchange with Blade and started at Page 18 since it is the last one I have on my list (10 most recent pages, 27 as most recent).

I knew about Cronin a couple of days ago.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:26 PM   #1347
Blade6119
Coordinator

Trusted:
Cronin - Elemental(i dont think this elemental is on our side...i think he and dacman are competing for favor)
WVU Villager
Dac - elemental(a good side elemental?..would make sense if dacman picks the right good favor and cronin picks the right bad favor...makes a lot of sense)
Blade Lord
Barkeep resurrect rule
Kingfc22 Seer? Hasnt confirmed it yet, or really told us anything and night has passed...i think he can help clear up a few people for sure
Dubb Thief

Not so trusted:
Taz
Pass
Path

Quite worrisome:
Hoops
Ardent

Not trusted the most------ DEMON
Gramm(if it werent for his calous nature when he was to be lynched, id trust him..but he seemed like he didnt care..outside of that, why would cronin, who protected demon sun, try bring attention to gramat
Saldana
Demotivation
Old 01-02-2006, 10:31 PM   #1348
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Saldana, sorry man, but you came back through a demon. I'm worried.

Thinking WAY outside the box here. Would the demons kill their own knowing they could bring him back later in the game? What if Saldana was a cunning demon and showed up as a regular villager to everyone else. The demons knowing that we are nowhere near figuring out who they are decide to kill their own with the assurance that they could bring him back later in the game as a "trusted" villager.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:32 PM   #1349
Blade6119
Coordinator

For the record, everyone is claiming a role outside of pass, hoops, ardnet and gramat(king too, but we saw part of it already)...not suprisingly those are 4 of my least trusted
Demotivation
Old 01-02-2006, 10:34 PM   #1350
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Kingfc22 Seer? Hasnt confirmed it yet, or really told us anything and night has passed

I was resurrected at night and thus not have the ability to use my crystal ball at all until the following day.