Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-20-2006, 11:07 PM   #1301
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Ok so somoene with knowledge of the movie would have to answer this: But do the shitfaces communicate with each other?

As I see it the shitfaces will be virtually unbeatable come a time when they get 4 as we we have to hit 2 of them in a day in order just to keep pace. The odds of doing this on back to back days is slim. So to balance this out I am wondering if the shitfaces don't know who each other are. This would change the dynamics, and has been used as a mechanism in WW games before. In this case it could work especially well as the shitfaces "vote" on who to convert. This would make the sense of paronia, which Schmidty seems to cherish, equally a part of the shitfaces side.

Damn... that is a good question. That would handicap things, for sure. Maybe there is only one that infect people? Otherwise, you would think they would have to be in communication, I guess.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 11:09 PM   #1302
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
Damn... that is a good question. That would handicap things, for sure. Maybe there is only one that infect people? Otherwise, you would think they would have to be in communication, I guess.
Why would they "have" to be? I ask quite seriously.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 11:11 PM   #1303
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Why would they "have" to be? I ask quite seriously.

I would think someone would have to send in the night action. Unless you think the conversions are somehow random (which I don't see happening)?
Old 04-20-2006, 11:12 PM   #1304
hoopsguy
General Manager

That concept would make sense in terms of the Day 2 vote when none moved to help Saldana over the last few hours. If the convert didn't know who made him, then it would have been tough to choose between you and Saldana at the time.

That said, I did assume that there was some cooperation going on today in terms of what a mess the voting was. But I suppose it is entirely possible that it was entirely self-created.

I'm not sure how deep to go on this, but it would also factor into the "alliance-building" process if the convert doesn't know who made him, but the original knows who he made. Or how would a grandfather/father/son relationship work, as it looks like they will get their first one tonight.

Very cool idea for a game, but that doesn't mean it is in this one. I think it makes more sense to assume they are working as a bloc against us.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 11:14 PM   #1305
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I would think someone would have to send in the night action. Unless you think the conversions are somehow random (which I don't see happening)?
I'm suggesting that each of the shitfaces votes on who to convert with the most votes being the person converted. In this way they could "convert" somebody who is already a shitface. Adds that tinge of paronia into shitface actions as well.
Old 04-20-2006, 11:16 PM   #1306
Swaggs
Coordinator

Thinking it through a bit, the fact that the Things must outnumber us for them to win could support that theory. Otherwise, if things were tied, the Things could just tie the vote to block the testing and then win the night action. Does that make sense?
Old 04-20-2006, 11:17 PM   #1307
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Thinking it through a bit, the fact that the Things must outnumber us for them to win could support that theory. Otherwise, if things were tied, the Things could just tie the vote to block the testing and then win the night action. Does that make sense?
Yes. If my theory were true, which I hope to hell it isn't, it would mean that there is likely a special or two on the shitface side. Likely some sort of reverse seer, for instance.
Old 04-20-2006, 11:18 PM   #1308
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Oh and if it isn't in this game I so call dibbs on incorperating it as a game mechanic.
Old 04-20-2006, 11:18 PM   #1309
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm suggesting that each of the shitfaces votes on who to convert with the most votes being the person converted. In this way they could "convert" somebody who is already a shitface. Adds that tinge of paronia into shitface actions as well.

I don't think that would work out too well, because there would be a really, really high probability of having a 1-to-1-to-1-etc tie. I don't see that flying. It would take a long time to even execute tiebreakers.
Old 04-20-2006, 11:20 PM   #1310
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I don't think that would work out too well, because there would be a really, really high probability of having a 1-to-1-to-1-etc tie. I don't see that flying. It would take a long time to even execute tiebreakers.
Not necessarily. Could be something simple like earliest one in gets the tiebreak.
Old 04-20-2006, 11:22 PM   #1311
hoopsguy
General Manager

Longest-standing wins?

More intended to help Barkeep integrate into his future game than endorsing the idea that we are facing it here. Not that we have been promised a "simple game of werewolf" or anything like that, but I'm not prepared to strategize against a secret game mechanic that has never been announced, hinted at, or suggested in the source material (movie).
Old 04-20-2006, 11:28 PM   #1312
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Longest-standing wins?

More intended to help Barkeep integrate into his future game than endorsing the idea that we are facing it here. Not that we have been promised a "simple game of werewolf" or anything like that, but I'm not prepared to strategize against a secret game mechanic that has never been announced, hinted at, or suggested in the source material (movie).
If it hasn't been in the movie then it's a shitting idea here, though an intriguing mechanism for future games.

And yes I was suggesting longest-standing vote wins amonst the shitfaces.
Old 04-20-2006, 11:28 PM   #1313
Barkeep49
Coordinator

That should have just been a "shitty idea" not shitting. I'm tired. Going to bed. Do not expect to see 30 more posts after this ala Blade last night.
Old 04-20-2006, 11:30 PM   #1314
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Not that we have been promised a "simple game of werewolf" or anything like that,

bite me
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 11:35 PM   #1315
Swaggs
Coordinator

I'm out for the night, too.

I will be a little less accessible b/c of work tomorrow, but I should get a chance to check in a few times.

Any idea when the next deadline, after the night actions, will be, Schmidty?
Old 04-20-2006, 11:36 PM   #1316
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Tomorrow should be entertaining.
Coffee Warlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 11:42 PM   #1317
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm out for the night, too.

I will be a little less accessible b/c of work tomorrow, but I should get a chance to check in a few times.

Any idea when the next deadline, after the night actions, will be, Schmidty?

I'll extend it to 10 PM EST since I lengthened the cutoff for the Night Actions.
Old 04-21-2006, 03:00 AM   #1318
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

And then there was silence

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 05:41 AM   #1319
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Well, Blade and dubb were certainly successful today. I'm not entirely convinced that Blade is/was a Thing, but he didn't help matters by posting the same questions over and over again, creating more and more posts that meant nothing. dubb is more likely either a convert or a Thing that when tested, tests as a human. If the latter is the case, then I hope someone's special role can take him out. (I'm pretty sure that if he is a Thing, then he's a convert though)

Good job Things.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 08:46 AM   #1320
hoopsguy
General Manager

Today is going to be a lousy day for me in terms of participation. I have two meetings, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. So I'm hoping to be around some near lunch and then hopefully home before the deadline.

Try not to leave me 400+ posts to read (this means you, Blade )
Old 04-21-2006, 09:48 AM   #1321
st.cronin
General Manager

I am moving into my new house today so my participation will be practically non-existent. I will try to log on briefly to cast a vote if needed ... but if the deadline could be pushed back til tomorrow I would be very much appreciative.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 10:01 AM   #1322
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
I am moving into my new house today so my participation will be practically non-existent. I will try to log on briefly to cast a vote if needed ... but if the deadline could be pushed back til tomorrow I would be very much appreciative.
I wouldn't mind seeing the deadline til tomorrow either especially with a prime suspect being away all day.
Old 04-21-2006, 10:27 AM   #1323
JeeberD
General Manager

Bah, you bastards couldn't trust Rob, could you? Just another wasted opportunity...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 11:50 AM   #1324
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
Bah, you bastards couldn't trust Rob, could you? Just another wasted opportunity...

Oops, sorry, must have missed all the logical arguments you were putting out there for somebody else.
Old 04-21-2006, 12:12 PM   #1325
Schmidty
Coordinator

Yet another night passes quietly, but there is a heavyness in the air, and you all feel edgy when you wake up. You all realize that the silence of the night means nothing with these Things lurking in your midst.

Day 4 has begun. Voting deadline will be at 9 PM EST.
Old 04-21-2006, 12:12 PM   #1326
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
I wouldn't mind seeing the deadline til tomorrow either especially with a prime suspect being away all day.
In that case, I'd rather have the deadline be Monday instead.
Old 04-21-2006, 12:14 PM   #1327
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I just don't understand why we don't all sleep in the same room with three people keeping watch.
Old 04-21-2006, 12:15 PM   #1328
Schmidty
Coordinator

If the majority of you want me to lengthen the deadline to either tomorrow, o even monday, let me know.
Old 04-21-2006, 12:16 PM   #1329
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'd rather do today or Monday.
Old 04-21-2006, 12:20 PM   #1330
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I'd prefer Monday.
Old 04-21-2006, 12:26 PM   #1331
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I'm rolling with a vote for Barkeep. The way I figure it, there's two ways Barkeep could be a thing, and both make sense to me.

Barkeep was always a thing. Suppose a Thing had the special power to off someone once. Wouldn't it be a great tactic to claim you are a hunter, then "aha! witness a death at my hand. must be a thing." Now Barkeep/Thing is in our trust circle.

One problem with that. What if there was a hunter? Well, Qwik could have been the hunter, and offing him would've ended that role. Alternatively, Barkeep could have been prepared if someone else outed themselves as a hunter. "This game could have two hunters, since it seems oriented towards the things and against the scientists."

Additionally, the real hunter might not ever have revealed themselve thinking that there is possibly two as well and not wanting to out themselves. All the while Barkeep is in our trust.

Barkeep as Converted Thing. The second possibility is that Barkeep is a great converted Thing target. If he is a hunter, than surely the Things would fear him and try to convert him at some stage. They've had several chances to convert Barkeep by now. Its a good chance they have.

What about bodyguards, you ask? Well, a bodyguard could have protected Barkeep, but yesterday, CW revealed himself as the seer. Since he appears to be telling the truth, and since he didn't die, its likely that a bodyguard protected him last night. It was stated here that the Things *had* to go after CW last night, and it would have made sense for them to do so. However, a bodyguard protecting CW would have left Barkeep exposed. Knowing that Barkeep would finally be exposed, they could have converted him last night, if they hadn't already.

I find the second possibility more probable than the first.

Therefore:

Vote Barkeep

-Anxiety

Old 04-21-2006, 12:30 PM   #1332
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Something interesting just occurred to me as well. I was thinking about the possibility that if a Thing converts a player who had special abilities, would that converted Thing retain those special abilities? For instance, Barkeep could kill every night (as we know that either isn't so, but this is for example). If the Things converted him, we could potentially have a Thing that could kill while the other ones converted.

That being said, I doubt that happened. But I offer it up to you WW GMs as a future twist.
Old 04-21-2006, 12:31 PM   #1333
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I don't know why you're tying yourself in knots to pinpoint a nonexistant change in my fucking attitude when we have some pretty damning evidence against cronin. My net access is going to be occasional between now and 5 eastern and then not again until 11 or so. So I might as well

Vote st.cronin

now.
Old 04-21-2006, 12:31 PM   #1334
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
Something interesting just occurred to me as well. I was thinking about the possibility that if a Thing converts a player who had special abilities, would that converted Thing retain those special abilities? For instance, Barkeep could kill every night (as we know that either isn't so, but this is for example). If the Things converted him, we could potentially have a Thing that could kill while the other ones converted.

That being said, I doubt that happened. But I offer it up to you WW GMs as a future twist.
I think I made it pretty clear from the start that it was a 1 time power. Of course my man st.cronin has felt differently but never deigned to share his info with the rest of us.
Old 04-21-2006, 12:32 PM   #1335
Swaggs
Coordinator

Monday is good for me, too.
Old 04-21-2006, 12:35 PM   #1336
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety
One problem with that. What if there was a hunter? Well, Qwik could have been the hunter, and offing him would've ended that role. Alternatively, Barkeep could have been prepared if someone else outed themselves as a hunter. "This game could have two hunters, since it seems oriented towards the things and against the scientists."

This kills the theory for me. If I recall correctly, Barkeep pretty well made his intentions clear from the outset that he was killing someone the first night and then he killed someone the first night.

It would take pure, 100% brass balls to pull off that kind of action when there is like a 95% chance that there is another hunter still alive.
Old 04-21-2006, 12:39 PM   #1337
Schmidty
Coordinator

Ok, I guess I'll just change the deadline to Monday 9 PM EST.
Old 04-21-2006, 12:42 PM   #1338
Swaggs
Coordinator

Does anyone else have any thoughts on the fact that the Things need to outnumber us by 1 before they win? I have been thinking more about that and cannot quite wrap my head around it. If they have even numbers, they can tie, and therefore cancel, our daily test and then win during the following night action.

The only way I can see that working out is if they do not know who the other Things are, but then that would only work for the orginal ones, because one or some of them would have to vote to convert the new Things.

I'm just throwing this out there (and someone that has seen the movie might know more about this), but is it possible that there is like one Thing leader that can infect/convert and then the converted Things are like drones that do not have knowledge of one another?
Old 04-21-2006, 12:57 PM   #1339
hoopsguy
General Manager

There is one thing that I completely agree with that Anxiety posted - that Barkeep would have made an appealing conversion attempt last night. But in saying that I think the same is true for a lot of people. With the assumed bodyguard in between a rock and a hard place yesterday (feeling like he had to guard CW) that would seem to open things up for the Things.

The initial group of simple/brilliants (Dubb, Swaggs, Blade, Raiders, and me) all would seem unlikely to be guarded or be able to stop a conversion attempt. Throw Barkeep in that group as well, as it is unlikely he can both mount a special attack and defend against a conversion. But trying to guess who was converted last night is playing pretty small odds.

I'm waiting to hear who CW scanned to factor that into my thought process. But unless he comes back with a Thing (real or BS) I'm inclined to look for guys who were on the radar yesterday. Cronin and mckerney both made late vote changes away from Blade after being on him all day that I don't understand.
Old 04-21-2006, 01:08 PM   #1340
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
This kills the theory for me. If I recall correctly, Barkeep pretty well made his intentions clear from the outset that he was killing someone the first night and then he killed someone the first night.

It would take pure, 100% brass balls to pull off that kind of action when there is like a 95% chance that there is another hunter still alive.

I said there were two possibilities. You addressed your personal cencern with teh first, but did not mention the second. I even stated in my post that i thought the second was more likely.

-Anxiety

Old 04-21-2006, 01:16 PM   #1341
Swaggs
Coordinator

I consider Barkeep as somewhat of a suspect, but he has been so prosecutorial the past few days, he doesn't jump out to me as someone that is a Thing. I guess last night would have been a good night for him to be targetted, though.

The thing that continually throws me off in this particular format is that there is really little damage in stepping on toes in this game. In other games, if you piss people off, you get lynched, you die, you are out. Here, you get voted for, tested, cleared, and get to say, "I told you so." It is a different dynamic that I am still feeling out.

I normally like to lay low for a few days and gather my thoughts and then start pushing people, but that probably won't yield decent results in this game.

Done thinking outloud now.
Old 04-21-2006, 01:26 PM   #1342
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Well kids. I flip flopped a lot before I decided...and chose poorly.

St Cronin is NOT a Thing.
Old 04-21-2006, 01:50 PM   #1343
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Well that does complicate things. As I am not sure I believe CW I am not deadset on taking my vote away from conin, as I would like to hear him answer some questions, but it does open my mind further.
Old 04-21-2006, 01:52 PM   #1344
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Tell me we're not gonna go through this shit again.

I was not converted last night. Trust me today. Just once. Pretty please.
Old 04-21-2006, 01:53 PM   #1345
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

And. If it was a bodyguard, I didn't get any message about it. Either they left me alone, or I didn't get any message about being guarded.
Old 04-21-2006, 01:55 PM   #1346
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord
Tell me we're not gonna go through this shit again.

I was not converted last night. Trust me today. Just once. Pretty please.
Listen I'm not saying your a shitface. Just that you are potentially compromised. I have no interest in repeating that shit from yesterday, believe me.
Old 04-21-2006, 02:02 PM   #1347
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Does anyone else have any thoughts on the fact that the Things need to outnumber us by 1 before they win? I have been thinking more about that and cannot quite wrap my head around it. If they have even numbers, they can tie, and therefore cancel, our daily test and then win during the following night action.

The only way I can see that working out is if they do not know who the other Things are, but then that would only work for the orginal ones, because one or some of them would have to vote to convert the new Things.

I'm just throwing this out there (and someone that has seen the movie might know more about this), but is it possible that there is like one Thing leader that can infect/convert and then the converted Things are like drones that do not have knowledge of one another?
Frankly I think that the theory is crap at this point, despite having suggested it, for reasons hoops went into I believe. Might have even been you. The shitfaces needing plus 1 is interesting, I agree, though.
Old 04-21-2006, 02:09 PM   #1348
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Ok at this point I seem like a silly shit for leaving my vote on croning. But you better believe I want some fucking answers.

Unvote cronin
Old 04-21-2006, 02:10 PM   #1349
Swaggs
Coordinator

Updating this w/ my own notes:

1. JeeberD - clean blood test day 1
2. st.cronin - cleared by presumed seer on day 3
3. tanglewood
4. Raiders Army- began as simple/brilliant scientist and clean day 2, per CW
5. Blade6119 - began as simple/brilliant scientist
6. dubb93 - clean blood test day 2
7. Swaggs - began as simple/brilliant scientist
8. path12
9. saldana - Thing, killed day 2
10. Qwikshot - presumed Thing, killed day 1
11. Barkeep - presuman human assassin day 1
12. mckerney
13. Coffee Warlord - seer, cleared day 3
14. Anxiety
15. hoopsguy - cleared day 1, per CW
16. WVUFAN
Old 04-21-2006, 02:24 PM   #1350
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Updating this w/ my own notes:

1. JeeberD - clean blood test day 1
2. st.cronin - cleared by presumed seer on day 3
3. tanglewood
4. Raiders Army- began as simple/brilliant scientist and clean day 2, per CW
5. Blade6119 - began as simple/brilliant scientist
6. dubb93 - clean blood test day 2
7. Swaggs - began as simple/brilliant scientist
8. path12
9. saldana - Thing, killed day 2
10. Qwikshot - presumed Thing, killed day 1
11. Barkeep - presuman human assassin day 1
12. mckerney
13. Coffee Warlord - seer, cleared day 3
14. Anxiety
15. hoopsguy - cleared day 1, per CW
16. WVUFAN
Swaggs do you think there's an original shitface out there? Cause I don't see how at this point the chart does any good if we're looking for a convert. Now if you think there's an original out there it's suddenly very useful.