Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-09-2008, 03:03 PM   #1301
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
math

We didn't start with 4 spawn. We just didn't.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 03:03 PM   #1302
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

As KWhit pointed out though, there weren't four starting Spawn, just two or three but I see where your numbers trend.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 03:05 PM   #1303
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Also, since I'm in the process of asking a number of questions that seem to have already been covered - do we need each and every engineer to take actions both today and tonight to achieve some goal? Is that the reason that people are shying away from voting for an engineer?

I'll bust out math that suggests at least one of our four likely started as a spawn if I have to ...

We have way too much crap that needs to be repaired so we can get this ship off the ground someday soon hopefully.
mccollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 03:05 PM   #1304
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Also, since I'm in the process of asking a number of questions that seem to have already been covered - do we need each and every engineer to take actions both today and tonight to achieve some goal? Is that the reason that people are shying away from voting for an engineer?

I'll bust out math that suggests at least one of our four likely started as a spawn if I have to ...

I've got no problem with looking at them in a day or two, but right now we have more repairs to make then we have people to make them -- so as long as the work keeps getting done I don't see a reason to lynch any of them yet.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:05 PM   #1305
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Except we started with a MAX of 3 hoops. So it looks like your calc's, even with the max 3, mean there is a 53% chance that an engineer started as a spawn. Or basically 13% chance that any single one of us is spawn (since you can only vote for 1).

Call me crazy, but thems ain't the odds I'd be all that happy with. Telle herself sports a 19% shot given your own calcs, so methinks you'd vote her over any single engineer.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 03:06 PM   #1306
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I was wondering if the robot's name was V-ger or something like that, but like I said before the thing that really was odd to me was that no one else really mentioned it.. so I had to bring it up at least

no problem, I probably should have mentioned it was only for Role playing purposes.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 03:06 PM   #1307
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Danny is seen heading off to the Cargo Hold with his tools. People assume that he's going to make repairs. The cacophony of sounds that soon follows from that part of the ship justifies the crew's assumption.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 03:07 PM   #1308
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
This is flat out wrong. There were a maximum of 3 original spawn. I think it's likely there were just 2.

BK's original post when we landed (#93):

I don't think it is likely we started with a 21/2 ratio.

If you don't believe that four is possible from the post, and I won't argue it too vehemently, then just look at the numbers with three.

I'm not trying to pick on engineers here, I'm trying to point out that removing a block of four people from the vote because they are too important is a mistake if the goal is catching spawn.

If the goal is to force the engineers (spawn or no spawn) to work for us, that is different. But we should be clear about that and set some kind of time limits on what is an acceptable period of time to exclude them from the vote. I'm driving this point because I think Heinz is the person that I vote for, all things being equal. But a consensus opinion is emerging that we shouldn't vote for any engineers. Is that just today? Today and tomorrow? Until we lift off?
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 03:07 PM   #1309
The Jackal
Coordinator

Want me to heal the doctor or the security crewman?
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 03:08 PM   #1310
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
Well I think me and no lynch are about neck and neck right now, so I guess whatever I can do to try and get some votes off me - or die in the process and mix things up a bit

I feel much better about my vote after seeing this.

I've got two questions for you:

1) Are you seriously saying you can't see why you would be a leading candidate for a lynch? Do you not see the benefit of taking one for the team considering your status(es)?

2) Why on earth would you want to "mix things up a bit" and confuse us more if you are one of the good guys? That's just bullshit. IMO.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:09 PM   #1311
The Jackal
Coordinator

Vote PackerFanatic
Old 07-09-2008, 03:09 PM   #1312
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
Except we started with a MAX of 3 hoops. So it looks like your calc's, even with the max 3, mean there is a 53% chance that an engineer started as a spawn. Or basically 13% chance that any single one of us is spawn (since you can only vote for 1).

Call me crazy, but thems ain't the odds I'd be all that happy with. Telle herself sports a 19% shot given your own calcs, so methinks you'd vote her over any single engineer.

That is where I'm starting to drift if I'm being strongly discouraged from the person (you) I think is most likely to be a spawn.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:09 PM   #1313
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post

Security crewmen. The doctor should be locked in the brig for multiple nights and should heal up on his own. Security crew wont get the undisturbed rest for multiple nights.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 03:10 PM   #1314
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
This is flat out wrong. There were a maximum of 3 original spawn. I think it's likely there were just 2.

BK's original post when we landed (#93):

I know there are probably spawn among us, but we need all hands on deck for a few more days.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:10 PM   #1315
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Consensus earlier seemed to be security.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 03:10 PM   #1316
Passacaglia
Coordinator

UNVOTE CLAPHAMSA
VOTE NO LYNCH
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 03:11 PM   #1317
hoopsguy
General Manager

Also, I would prefer to vote for the person I think is most likely to be a spawn, based on a combination of gut and math. I don't have some kind of hard-on for taking out any old engineer today.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:11 PM   #1318
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I do understand, I just had hoped to last longer. And by "mix things up a bit" - if I died by trying to return the slaves, that means one of the previous attempts to return the slaves was a faked attempt, meaning one of them was likely bad - meaning that would "mix things up a bit"
Old 07-09-2008, 03:11 PM   #1319
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Alan is seen getting ready to capture slaves himself should the need arise.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 03:11 PM   #1320
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Security crewmen. The doctor should be locked in the brig for multiple nights and should heal up on his own. Security crew wont get the undisturbed rest for multiple nights.

He was locked in the brig last night and still got hurt - but I agree the security personnel are at much greater risk.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:11 PM   #1321
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
That is where I'm starting to drift if I'm being strongly discouraged from the person (you) I think is most likely to be a spawn.

How did I go from your #3 to your #1 when all I've done is

A) Repair crap
B) Point out a moderator error to the groups advantage (basically saving us from sure dehydration)
C) Get accused of things I didn't do, by clap, who has been off the ship, of all people?

Seriously, what gives?
Old 07-09-2008, 03:12 PM   #1322
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
He was locked in the brig last night and still got hurt - but I agree the security personnel are at much greater risk.

He was not locked in the brig last night. Slaves destroyed the HQ which made the brig unavailable.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 03:12 PM   #1323
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
PS - Jumped on the bandwagon mainly because it was passing and I got the impression that humming and haaing without lynching people for too long was simply suicide in these games generally ...

There's very little in this game that isn't suicide in one situation or another....
Old 07-09-2008, 03:12 PM   #1324
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Ya know hoops, vote for me, please do.

Have fun wiggling out of it when I'm not spawn though.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:12 PM   #1325
hoopsguy
General Manager

I seriously give up on trying to argue about the benefits of a lynch. Going two days of "no lynch" is just nuts.

Even if you intend to go "no lynch" at the end, at least act like you are going to vote for someone early. Put a vote on them, force them to explain actions, something. Because right now we are 1200+ posts into a game and aren't exerting any meaningful in-thread pressure on the wolves.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:13 PM   #1326
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
He was not locked in the brig last night. Slaves destroyed the HQ which made the brig unavailable.

Thanks for clarifying.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:13 PM   #1327
mccollins
College Prospect

Vote No Lynch
Old 07-09-2008, 03:13 PM   #1328
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

No - Brig was not operational. No one was locked in it last night.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:14 PM   #1329
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Vote hoopsguy

I dont much like the idea of Telle sliding up to his role, but if he's a spawn, we're no worse off than if she's in that spot.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:14 PM   #1330
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
I do understand, I just had hoped to last longer. And by "mix things up a bit" - if I died by trying to return the slaves, that means one of the previous attempts to return the slaves was a faked attempt, meaning one of them was likely bad - meaning that would "mix things up a bit"

This is in response to your questions, path. I don't want them lost in the shuffle.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:14 PM   #1331
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Off to lunch, back in 20-30 minutes
Old 07-09-2008, 03:14 PM   #1332
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

Security. I'll sleep in the brig.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:16 PM   #1333
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
People can fake their actions?? How can that happen?
The rules explain how to do it. It is expected that the spawn will occasionally fake their work to screw us up and leave things unguarded or unfixed, etc.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:16 PM   #1334
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Didn't someone mention that last game an officer started as spawn?

We started with 5 officers, two are at least semi-cleared. That leaves hoops, RendeR and Telle.

33% trumps any math out there as far as one single player.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:17 PM   #1335
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

OK, I understand both those feelings.

You know this isn't personal, I just believe we've got to lynch someone so I'm trying to figure out who would be least valuable at this time. I think you have value as a scientist, but that is down the road some.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:18 PM   #1336
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
I seriously give up on trying to argue about the benefits of a lynch. Going two days of "no lynch" is just nuts.

Even if you intend to go "no lynch" at the end, at least act like you are going to vote for someone early. Put a vote on them, force them to explain actions, something. Because right now we are 1200+ posts into a game and aren't exerting any meaningful in-thread pressure on the wolves.

Touche.
Unvote No Lynch
Vote Saldana

because the following sounds like a fake wolfy way of pushing for a villager to be killed and hiding in the run on them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
i am really getting tired of PackerFan trying to use his wounded status as a reason why he shouldnt have to do anything...lots of people got wounded last night and none of them whined about it all day

i was probably gonna do this anyway, but the constant excuses about status pushed me over the limit
vote packerfanatic
Old 07-09-2008, 03:18 PM   #1337
Danny
Head Coach

I was unsure if I was going to mention this as I didn't want to give anything away to potential Spawn, but at this point it is probably unspecific enough to be alright.

In my PM last night it said that I could feel the spawn. I don't know if this means I could have a spawnling or I will be gaining a special ability or perhaps it had something to do with working next to Jeheinz.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:18 PM   #1338
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

I wasn't in the brig last night because the slaves damaged it. I was attacked in the sleeping quarters. And apparently none of our security folks thought of protecting the friggin' doctor.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:19 PM   #1339
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
How did I go from your #3 to your #1 when all I've done is

A) Repair crap
B) Point out a moderator error to the groups advantage (basically saving us from sure dehydration)
C) Get accused of things I didn't do, by clap, who has been off the ship, of all people?

Seriously, what gives?

You were one of three, not 3rd.

One of the people - Pass, the guy I voted for yesterday - has now been shown to be putting two "cleared" guys in the brig with the doctor. While I would like to see Path cleared (pretty please, replicant?), this makes his action yesterday look less sinister.

I haven't talked about the other person that was a candidate yesterday - although Path knows who it is - but they remain on my list as well. And from what I can tell, last night was not a positive for them either. I'll likely be talking more about this in a couple of posts.

For you - maybe I've got a bad read, but I'm having a hard time shaking the vibe I had yesterday. Your post count is fine, your post content is "off" (vibe again), and your play seems like it is geared towards "survive and advance" rather than "win the game". I'm sure this is a frustrating charge for you to refute but in the coming nights I'll likely take actions that will help me get a better view of you.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:19 PM   #1340
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:

We started with 5 officers, two are at least semi-cleared. That leaves hoops, RendeR and Telle.

Sounds like the odds are better that hoops is a spawn than an engineer.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:20 PM   #1341
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post

You know this isn't personal, I just believe we've got to lynch someone so I'm trying to figure out who would be least valuable at this time. I think you have value as a scientist, but that is down the road some.

Don't you also feel that lynching me just to lynching me isn't nearly as helpful, especially when I come up good? And especially if you get just about everyone to do it...you don't have much of a voting record to go on then, and you lose someone who could potentially help you a lot more in the long run. Granted, I understand the fact I am pretty much useless right now, but who knows what I could do in the future (and you won't if you continue down this path!...no pun intended)
Old 07-09-2008, 03:20 PM   #1342
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

I was going to scan hoops today if Alan hadn't asked me to scan him. He's top of my list of candidates for tomorrow.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:20 PM   #1343
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

This is exactly the path that I would go down next. And RendeR is the other person I was suspicious of yesterday. He is exhausted today and I don't understand why.

If I'm not voting for an engineer I'm going to be deciding between these two.

That said, the math is a little harder than the way you came to 33%
Old 07-09-2008, 03:21 PM   #1344
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
One of the people - Pass, the guy I voted for yesterday - has now been shown to be putting two "cleared" guys in the brig with the doctor. While I would like to see Path cleared (pretty please, replicant?), this makes his action yesterday look less sinister.

Typo? I thought the "cleared" guys were path and KWhit, and I put them with the captain.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:21 PM   #1345
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
I was going to scan hoops today if Alan hadn't asked me to scan him. He's top of my list of candidates for tomorrow.

Please do, particularly if you are following the "Stratego" plan.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:21 PM   #1346
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccollins View Post
Touche.
Unvote No Lynch
Vote Saldana

because the following sounds like a fake wolfy way of pushing for a villager to be killed and hiding in the run on them.

At this point, doesn't unvoting no lynch do more to get PF lynched?
Old 07-09-2008, 03:21 PM   #1347
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:

I think the scientists have value early on when they can increase the chances of our away missions rather than later when all they can do is take our crys to recharge phasers.

For this reason alone, until the away missions are done, I would hope that we have both of our scientists.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:22 PM   #1348
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I was unsure if I was going to mention this as I didn't want to give anything away to potential Spawn, but at this point it is probably unspecific enough to be alright.

In my PM last night it said that I could feel the spawn. I don't know if this means I could have a spawnling or I will be gaining a special ability or perhaps it had something to do with working next to Jeheinz.

Quoting myself as I'd like to know some possible explanations for this
Old 07-09-2008, 03:22 PM   #1349
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
At this point, doesn't unvoting no lynch do more to get PF lynched?

Indeed it does.

Can we get a vote count?
Old 07-09-2008, 03:22 PM   #1350
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Typo? I thought the "cleared" guys were path and KWhit, and I put them with the captain.

Alan wasn't cleared yesterday by Path. He is today. So putting a non-cleared in with the doc+cleared doesn't seem as potentially dangerous with that additional info.