Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-09-2009, 10:21 AM   #1301
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I think if we look in that small group we are likely to find one wolf, and then also find a wolf in my list of "people who claim powers we can test but that wouldn't necessarily be beyond a wolf to use to try to buy trust" and maybe even a cunning that's wormed its way into my CoT (though of course we look there last)
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 10:23 AM   #1302
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm interested in looking at anything at this point, but I was just about to post saying I think maybe we should start looking at voting records, or thread behavior. Frankly, going off the info you're able to collect in PMs has not been working. I think in the end it will work out for us, especially as you're able to protect the seer. But until you get a wolf scan I'm kind of inclined to just have us work things out in thread. I may be biased because I almost got axed over it, but we could have easily had three villager kills off of PM suspicions. I think it's good if you can wave us away from lynches you think would be poor though.

If I can get some food into me I'm going to look at some votes and make some suggestions.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 10:23 AM   #1303
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

if you cross-reference, both people who "pushed quickly to use powers on autumn" are both on the list of "people who could publicly display their powers and yet still be a wolf seeking to buy trust" also - just FYI
Old 07-09-2009, 10:25 AM   #1304
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I'm interested in looking at anything at this point, but I was just about to post saying I think maybe we should start looking at voting records, or thread behavior. Frankly, going off the info you're able to collect in PMs has not been working. I think in the end it will work out for us, especially as you're able to protect the seer. But until you get a wolf scan I'm kind of inclined to just have us work things out in thread. I may be biased because I almost got axed over it, but we could have easily had three villager kills off of PM suspicions. I think it's good if you can wave us away from lynches you think would be poor though.

If I can get some food into me I'm going to look at some votes and make some suggestions.

fair enough. i have no problem with that. i am only one of...whatever...14 good guys left?
Old 07-09-2009, 10:27 AM   #1305
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
are you all interested in looking at that "claims a role that cannot be publicly verified" grouping?

I'm interested, but I'm not sure if it's the best idea to tell me just cuz I wanna know. So it's your call, I guess.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 10:28 AM   #1306
Danny
Head Coach

I have no problem with using DT's lists as a guide which is used in conjunction with voting records and thread behavior. What I really want to know most right now is the affiliation of PB as he was a key player in two votes.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 10:30 AM   #1307
Autumn
Head Coach

Thoughts on last night. PB and Danny were the first to jump on my bandwagon, PB doing it a minute after DT posted. Given that PB has avoided lynches two days in a row that interests me. Danny voted me, unvoted me once some people suggested we don't instalynch, and then voted me again once some more "evidence" came out. By itself not anything, but Danny's been pinging me for reasons I'll have to go back and find.

Chief Rum, EF, Issidqui and nfg22 were the others to jump on me. NFG22 has already pinged me, so jumping on last to try to pump up the numbers might add to the suspicion. Nothing rock hard on anyone here, but something to look at.

I"ll be looking at other votes next.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:31 AM   #1308
Danny
Head Coach

I object to the claim, I only ping my wife!
Old 07-09-2009, 10:32 AM   #1309
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Okay, here's a summary breakdown

without names it looks like this (T=trust, H=high, M=medium, n=no trust/no info)

HT - Myself
HT
HT
HT
HT
HT

MT
MT
MT

HT? - cleared and linked to un-HT person (who we are calling MT now, cuz if both were wolves it'd be very ballsy - especially given wolves are not under-pressure yet)

NI - 7 more

I think that's the total number of players - if not I'm missing people in NI
Old 07-09-2009, 10:34 AM   #1310
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
fair enough. i have no problem with that. i am only one of...whatever...14 good guys left?

We're 19 now? Five wolves is your guess .... that seems fair enough. Less than that with your abilities would have been a hard game for the wolves.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:34 AM   #1311
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I don't want to respond to everyone's comments about every player and give pluses or minuses, that will just stunt discussion and help the wolves narrow down targets. I'd prefer to wait till a conclusion is reached thru discussion and then give a thumbs-up or thumbs-down on the candidates
Old 07-09-2009, 10:35 AM   #1312
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I object to the claim, I only ping my wife!

That's why I could never understand why you pinged me ;-)
Old 07-09-2009, 10:40 AM   #1313
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

I think a combination of looking at the roles that can't be publically verified along with voting history/posts, etc would be the best role. Let's not throw all our eggs in one basket, but use everything we have to try to determine something off.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:42 AM   #1314
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
My guess is someone has a soothsayer role and DT wanted it used on saldana.
i pretty much knew that, but wasnt going to draw attention to it...keeping something like that hidden could have allowed for it to be used as a trap on a suspect...which you have now made much less likely.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 10:47 AM   #1315
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
if you cross-reference, both people who "pushed quickly to use powers on autumn" are both on the list of "people who could publicly display their powers and yet still be a wolf seeking to buy trust" also - just FYI

That is interesting. You're right, definitely sounds wolfish, good way to "gain trust" and off me as well, especially if they got the idea that my role could out them.

I didn't mean to shoot down the idea of you giving us anything to work on. I just think we all need to flex our mental muscles.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:48 AM   #1316
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
I wasn't saying it was. I was just setting the scene. Sorry, I guess I could have come through with the percent. It looks like 9/21 is required to lynch. My thinking on Alan was that his vote counted double, making us actually 9/22, but that would have given us a lynch, so my read on him is off.

Any thoughts on Pass guys?

Day 1 he has a throw away vote on a known villager (BrianD)
Day 2 he brings up the idea that Alan's vote counts for double...which turns out to be true after he is killed by the wolves...however DT and path have claimed to be the the advisors so what would make Pass think this?
He also was the one to drop the hammer on clap over PB.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:51 AM   #1317
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i don't blame pass for his d1 throwaway vote, or even for his dropping the hammer on clap, as i fully endorsed and pushed the clap vote.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:51 AM   #1318
Autumn
Head Coach

I really need to reformat this voting list but I'm finding the day one vote interesting. Jackal has somehow slipped off the radar after getting a lot of votes up and down Day 1. NTN and PB also got a lot of votes day one but managed to slip off the radar with KWhit getting axed. Interestingly it was NTN, Saldana, PB and then Tyrith who unvoted off of Jackal, with NTN introducing KWhit as a candidate.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:52 AM   #1319
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
i pretty much knew that, but wasnt going to draw attention to it...keeping something like that hidden could have allowed for it to be used as a trap on a suspect...which you have now made much less likely.

there are 1300 posts in the thread. i'm sure we'll be okay.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:52 AM   #1320
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
Any thoughts on Pass guys?

Day 1 he has a throw away vote on a known villager (BrianD)
Day 2 he brings up the idea that Alan's vote counts for double...which turns out to be true after he is killed by the wolves...however DT and path have claimed to be the the advisors so what would make Pass think this?
He also was the one to drop the hammer on clap over PB.

I'll have to look at his votes, but I don't think the Day 2 thing means anything. Alan had made clear in his posts that someone was voting double and I assumed that it was probably him. I'm sure others did too.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:55 AM   #1321
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

here's a philosophical question - do we assume that the wolves have the standard powers of their character plus the ability to night-kill?

i have been assuming they do.

so like...if i was a wolf i'd have all my jack-bauer character powers plus the night kill ability as opposed to just having "the name jack bauer and no powers except the night-kill ability"
Old 07-09-2009, 11:03 AM   #1322
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
here's a philosophical question - do we assume that the wolves have the standard powers of their character plus the ability to night-kill?

so like...if i was a wolf i'd have all my jack-bauer character powers plus the night kill ability as opposed to just having "the name jack bauer and no powers except the night-kill ability"

Good point. I guess I'd say they have their own abilities, but then they woudln't need to be faking roles and powers, would they? Maybe that's the problem with going after suspicious role reveals in PM and why it hasn't been working.

I think if I think back to the Marvel game everyone had powers, plus the wolves had night kills. Might be the same here, though I wonder if the wolves would have powers tailored to being a wolf, or if they'd just have neutral powers that could work for either side?
Old 07-09-2009, 11:06 AM   #1323
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
I really need to reformat this voting list but I'm finding the day one vote interesting. Jackal has somehow slipped off the radar after getting a lot of votes up and down Day 1. NTN and PB also got a lot of votes day one but managed to slip off the radar with KWhit getting axed. Interestingly it was NTN, Saldana, PB and then Tyrith who unvoted off of Jackal, with NTN introducing KWhit as a candidate.

Well, I think what happened is that Jack gave me a vote of confidence, and I think I know where I am on his trust list.

The people that unvoted me is an interesting bunch.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 11:07 AM   #1324
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Good point. I guess I'd say they have their own abilities, but then they woudln't need to be faking roles and powers, would they? Maybe that's the problem with going after suspicious role reveals in PM and why it hasn't been working.

I think if I think back to the Marvel game everyone had powers, plus the wolves had night kills. Might be the same here, though I wonder if the wolves would have powers tailored to being a wolf, or if they'd just have neutral powers that could work for either side?

I wouldn't say I'm going after suspicious role-reveals in PM's anymore at this point. That gave us something on D1 and D2 to at least push the game in some direction, but what I'm doing at this point is more nuanced than that.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:08 AM   #1325
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:

I can think of a lot of roles that would fit into the style of this game that could either work for a villager or wolf role. I've assumed the whole game that the wolves have actual abilities in addition to NKs.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:08 AM   #1326
Autumn
Head Coach

That's right, DT did say he'd vote elsewhere than you. DT, do you still feel the same about Jackal?
Old 07-09-2009, 11:08 AM   #1327
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

[quote=The Jackal;2068449]Well, I think what happened is that Jack gave me a vote of confidence, and I think I know where I am on his trust list.
[quote]

we're going to disagree on this
Old 07-09-2009, 11:09 AM   #1328
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
I can think of a lot of roles that would fit into the style of this game that could either work for a villager or wolf role. I've assumed the whole game that the wolves have actual abilities in addition to NKs.

yep. and one of those is your role.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:10 AM   #1329
The Jackal
Coordinator

[quote=DaddyTorgo;2068454][quote=The Jackal;2068449]Well, I think what happened is that Jack gave me a vote of confidence, and I think I know where I am on his trust list.
Quote:

we're going to disagree on this

What do we disagree about? I'm not saying a vote of confidence in that "you know I'm good" or anything like that. Just that I wasn't a great way to go on day 1, and that's why people unvoted me.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:10 AM   #1330
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
That's right, DT did say he'd vote elsewhere than you. DT, do you still feel the same about Jackal?

nope. that was purely a one-time thing because at that point not everyone had revealed to me.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:10 AM   #1331
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
I wouldn't say I'm going after suspicious role-reveals in PM's anymore at this point. That gave us something on D1 and D2 to at least push the game in some direction, but what I'm doing at this point is more nuanced than that.

I mean suspicious in the sense that it's based on the idea that the wolves don't have powers they'd be willing to reveal. That seems to be what some of your trust list is based on, right? Other than some powers being undenaibly good for the village and some neutral.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:10 AM   #1332
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
yep. and one of those is your role.

I'm aware of that, thanks.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:10 AM   #1333
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

[quote=The Jackal;2068456][quote=DaddyTorgo;2068454]
Quote:
Well, I think what happened is that Jack gave me a vote of confidence, and I think I know where I am on his trust list.

What do we disagree about? I'm not saying a vote of confidence in that "you know I'm good" or anything like that. Just that I wasn't a great way to go on day 1, and that's why people unvoted me.

okay - fair enough. we agree then.

just didn't want people getting the wrong idea
Old 07-09-2009, 11:11 AM   #1334
The Jackal
Coordinator

[quote=DaddyTorgo;2068460][quote=The Jackal;2068456]
Quote:

okay - fair enough. we agree then.

just didn't want people getting the wrong idea

Yeah, that's fair.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:13 AM   #1335
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I mean suspicious in the sense that it's based on the idea that the wolves don't have powers they'd be willing to reveal. That seems to be what some of your trust list is based on, right? Other than some powers being undenaibly good for the village and some neutral.

no...not really. my "trust list" isn't based on that at all. Well at least not until you get down to "MT". And the "MT" people have demonstrated their powers to me multiple times to our collective benefit, so they've got some trust, but I'm not blind to the idea they could be wolves. my "list of people's role types" is based on that, but everyone except i think one person at this point that is on the "list of role types" list is a NI.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:13 AM   #1336
The Jackal
Coordinator

All I can offer for myself at this juncture is that I didn't vote for KWhit or clap and had ample opportunity too. I really didn't think either of them was a wolf. And yes, wolves know who the wolves are, I'm aware, but the voting record is what it is.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:14 AM   #1337
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

I'm not sure I totally follow where you're going right now (which is fine), but if you're asking here whether a wolf can both use their "power" AND night kill in the same day I would guess it is either one or the other in a particular day.

But that's just my gut on how I'd design a wolf role.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:16 AM   #1338
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

The did kill two people in one day...
nfg22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 11:16 AM   #1339
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
no...not really. my "trust list" isn't based on that at all. Well at least not until you get down to "MT". And the "MT" people have demonstrated their powers to me multiple times to our collective benefit, so they've got some trust, but I'm not blind to the idea they could be wolves. my "list of people's role types" is based on that, but everyone except i think one person at this point that is on the "list of role types" list is a NI.

I think we're talking past each other, probably just because I'm trying to work and do this at the same time.

I just mean that we may not be able to garner much from chasing the people on your "role that couldn't be publicly proven" or your "roles that ...." gah, this is what I mean, my mind's blanking. *sigh* Anyway, that if we assume the wolves all have regular abilities also this might be chasing up a tree, and also why things like going after clap for his similar ability didn't work. Maybe they don't have to fake abilities.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:20 AM   #1340
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfg22 View Post
The did kill two people in one day...

I thought we were assuming a villager killed the foreigner guy. DT, do you know one way or the other? Does that make any sense from what you know of the roles?

If the wolves really did make two kills, what does that mean?
Old 07-09-2009, 11:20 AM   #1341
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
i don't blame pass for his d1 throwaway vote, or even for his dropping the hammer on clap, as i fully endorsed and pushed the clap vote.

However, it should be noted that I did put the first vote on clap, pushed him to reveal his role, unvoted him when he did (after DT had voted for him), then revoted him afterward. I definitely had my own angle on clap, and I don't want it to look like I was just following DT here for the heck of it when I wasn't.

As for Alan, I thought I was just saying what everyone was thinking. I wouldn't have if not for the fact that I thought that if what I was thinking was true, it meant we should have had a lynch then.

And I explained why I voted Brian the next day. I do remember he's been cleared since then, although since I don't know why, that won't really be 100% for me at this time.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 11:21 AM   #1342
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
All I can offer for myself at this juncture is that I didn't vote for KWhit or clap and had ample opportunity too. I really didn't think either of them was a wolf. And yes, wolves know who the wolves are, I'm aware, but the voting record is what it is.

Which may or may not mean anything depending on the allegiance of PB and NTN
Old 07-09-2009, 11:23 AM   #1343
path12
Coordinator

Purdue is still the person I'm most curious about at this moment.

VOTE PURDUEBRAD
Old 07-09-2009, 11:28 AM   #1344
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

as i am typing up a big PM to someone, i am leaning towards an EF vote
Old 07-09-2009, 11:30 AM   #1345
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Which may or may not mean anything depending on the allegiance of PB and NTN

Right, but I'm not particularly confident about either of them being a wolf. Maybe PB is the way to go today, though.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:38 AM   #1346
Autumn
Head Coach

My best bet combing over voting records is that Jackal and NFG are wolves. NFG voted Path early then switched to NTN to put him well ahead of Jackal Day one. Day two NFG voted clap early to make him lead contender.

VOTE NFG22
Old 07-09-2009, 11:40 AM   #1347
Thomkal
Head Coach

Me too Path. I don't want to start a bandwagon on him, but if he turns out to be a wolf after two days of nearly being the lynch target, it would open up a lot of avenues to explore.

What's your level of trust on PB right now, DT?
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 11:43 AM   #1348
The Jackal
Coordinator

Well, Autumn, I'm definitely not a wolf. In fact, I've only sent 2 PMs and they were to DT on the first day. But I'm not essential to us, so if we need to come after me some day so be it.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:43 AM   #1349
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

didn't i discuss PB earlier? i swear i did.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:44 AM   #1350
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
as i am typing up a big PM to someone, i am leaning towards an EF vote

I assume he's on one of those suspect lists. I'll be interested to hear what you come up with.