Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-25-2014, 12:40 PM   #1301
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
I don't know if any of you saw the billboard in Ferguson. It said "Pants Up! Don't loot!"

I watched an episode of 'Scared Straight' one night. One of the kids in the group came into the jail with his pants hanging low. One of the inmates came up to the kid and asked him if he knew what it meant to have your pants hanging low in jail. He then explained to the kid that it meant that 'you're looking to get f*%#ed by another inmate'. He pointed to another smiling 300 lb. inmate and asked him if he'd like to get f'd by him. Kid grabbed his pants and pulled them up in a BIG hurry.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 12:48 PM   #1302
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

You guys really don't understand the social psychology of why people loot hmm?

First google result: http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-14463452

tl;dr version: It makes people who feel powerless feel powerful. It's a way for those who have nothing to lose to express outrage.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 11-25-2014 at 12:52 PM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 12:48 PM   #1303
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
As well as continuing to show that Wilson confronted him for jaywalking, not for the robbery suspect narrative the police department has been pushing. I shed no tears for Brown, but I still find it hard to believe Brown decided to go up to a cop car and start fighting the officer inside the vehicle without being provoked.

Once the fight began, his narrative has some odd spots too. So Brown was punching him in the car for no reason, a shot was fired and Brown backed off and "got the most intense angry face... like a demon" ... Then Brown runs away? But at some point decides to turn back around and charge him? I'm not even saying Wilson is deliberately lying here, but I'd love to see body camera footage of what happened in the middle of the confrontation.

FWIW - Testimony indicates that Wilson had heard the call of the robbery as he was attending to the call he was in the area for. After initial words were exchanged noticed the box of cigarellos and that the description matched the suspect.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 12:50 PM   #1304
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post

Or that the people looting are pretty much there to loot, not protest?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 12:50 PM   #1305
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:

no. why?
Old 11-25-2014, 12:53 PM   #1306
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper View Post
no. why?

I edited my earlier post with a link. Was going to have it posted quicker till my browser crashed.
Old 11-25-2014, 12:56 PM   #1307
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
And I find it hard to believe anybody would overestimate the decision making ability of a common hoodlum like Brown.

This wasn't a choir boy, ask the clerk he just robbed.
He wasn't a choir boy, but he managed not to assault an officer any other day of his life, and (most) Ferguson police officers are able to get through their day without shooting anyone, so what was different here. (As far as I know) he wasn't on any drug like PCP or Acid that would explain a crazed reaction, or even legally drunk. Maybe he had a mental illness and just snapped like Rob Bironas, but I'd put far more money on Wilson also escalating the situation. Not saying legally culpable for murder, but definitely saying he probably doesn't have the temperament I want in a cop.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 01:01 PM   #1308
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Officer Darren Wilson's story is unbelievable. Literally. - Vox

Quote:
But on Monday night, St. Louis County prosecutor Robert McCulloch released the evidence given to the grand jury, including the interview police did with Wilson in the immediate aftermath of the shooting. And so we got to read, for the first time, Wilson's full, immediate account of his altercation with Brown.

And it is unbelievable.

I mean that in the literal sense of the term: "difficult or impossible to believe." But I want to be clear here. I'm not saying Wilson is lying. I'm not saying his testimony is false. I am saying that the events, as he describes them, are simply bizarre. His story is difficult to believe.

It's a decent read. I recommend it. Of course this is different than the reactions to the indictment ruling, but I think both should be evaluated in some regards.
Old 11-25-2014, 01:09 PM   #1309
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
He wasn't a choir boy, but he managed not to assault an officer any other day of his life, and (most) Ferguson police officers are able to get through their day without shooting anyone, so what was different here. (As far as I know) he wasn't on any drug like PCP or Acid that would explain a crazed reaction, or even legally drunk. Maybe he had a mental illness and just snapped like Rob Bironas, but I'd put far more money on Wilson also escalating the situation. Not saying legally culpable for murder, but definitely saying he probably doesn't have the temperament I want in a cop.

Are you seriously using this logic?

OK, I'l go the other way.

Wilson went through his entire career without shooting and killing anyone. He went through his career without being assaulted in his police car for escalating situations involving jaywalkers. He could have just snapped and took some drugs deciding to kill someone for the hell of it, but I'd put more money on the kid who had already robbed a store that day to escalate the situation.

A lot of this doesn't make sense. It was a two minute situation that went south on a million levels and there can and should be a discussion of how to avoid this type of thing. I don't think it went down exactly as the officer stated, but I think the facts prove that it didn't go down like Brown's friends claimed it did.

It's a horrific situation. Sad beyond words. But the dialogue MUST involve everyone who did wrong that day and not spin this into the fault of one guy. By the witness testimony we heard last night, Brown charged an officer who had already fired bullets despite being unarmed. He didn't get down when he was asked. He actually does sound like someone who snapped to me.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 01:19 PM   #1310
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Some low-lights from last night......

I think those are from August. Too cold to be without a shirt last night.

I also don't think there were a lot of good photos from last night because there was so much gunfire that a lot of the "citizen journalists" were too scared to hang around.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 01:21 PM   #1311
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Officer Darren Wilson's story is unbelievable. Literally. - Vox

It's a decent read. I recommend it. Of course this is different than the reactions to the indictment ruling, but I think both should be evaluated in some regards.

His story seems pretty believable and matches up with the forensic evidence. The Vox article is basically someone throwing a tantrum because they desperately want the narrative of a gentle giant being gunned down by the evil white supremacist for absolutely no reason to be true.
Old 11-25-2014, 01:27 PM   #1312
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'd put far more money on Wilson also escalating the situation.

And I'd put money of this p.o.s. criminal deciding he was gonna be cock of the walk that day and creating a situation that he was several fries short of a happy meal of being able to walk away from.

In the end, the opinion of a grand jury -- that heard all the evidence -- seems to match my take more than yours.
Old 11-25-2014, 01:28 PM   #1313
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

I think its amusing that you think someone like Ezra Klein is going to be throwing tantrums.
Old 11-25-2014, 01:35 PM   #1314
nol
Banned

Quote:
Not saying legally culpable for murder, but definitely saying he probably doesn't have the temperament I want in a cop.

Yeah, people who say things like

Quote:
"At this point it looked like he was almost bulking up to run through the shots, like it was making him mad that I'm shooting at him. And the face that he had was looking straight through me, like I wasn't even there, I wasn't even anything in his way."

are not the people I'd trust with a gun.
nol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 01:39 PM   #1315
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Anyone stating opinions are doing just that, all with intent to persuade, to vent or to get eyeballs.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 01:56 PM   #1316
chinaski
College Prospect

What kind of cop cant subdue an unarmed person? In a world where we see cops repeatedly tasering people at a drop of a hat, why the hell didn't Wilson reach for his taser first? Isn't that their training? Aren't you supposed to be skilled at subduing a suspect, rather than just kill them? Why isn't this one of the larger arguments in this whole story?
chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 01:59 PM   #1317
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
I think its amusing that you think someone like Ezra Klein is going to be throwing tantrums.

Why? We know his stance on the issue (and most issues in general). The article doesn't really argue any of the facts in the grand jury report, it's just him saying "I don't believe it". Klein has pushed the "gentle giant" narrative which has proven to be a complete fabrication.

I guess you could argue that he's happy with the decision because it gives him some clickbait now for his new site.
Old 11-25-2014, 02:01 PM   #1318
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaski View Post
why the hell didn't Wilson reach for his taser first?

IF I understand (and recall) one of the bits of testimony, he couldn't get to his taser from the position he was in without leaving his head defenseless to the blows from his attacker.
Old 11-25-2014, 02:02 PM   #1319
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
What kind of cop cant subdue an unarmed person? In a world where we see cops repeatedly tasering people at a drop of a hat, why the hell didn't Wilson reach for his taser first? Isn't that their training? Aren't you supposed to be skilled at subduing a suspect, rather than just kill them? Why isn't this one of the larger arguments in this whole story?

This is my whole issue with the whole "the cop needed to subdue him" argument. Deadly force shouldn't be the first option. There's a whole host of non-lethal force he could have used (taser, pepper spray, baton). Jumping straight to "I need to shoot the unarmed guy" should almost never (not stating an absolute just so someone doesn't start tossing out examples) be acceptable.

Whether he's an innocent kid or a criminal it was an overuse of force.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 11-25-2014 at 02:03 PM.
Old 11-25-2014, 02:06 PM   #1320
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:

He didn't have a taser on him.

And they should be skilled at subduing a suspect, but someone of Brown's size is going to be incredibly difficult to subdue on your own.
Old 11-25-2014, 02:12 PM   #1321
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
The testimony regarding the beginning of the fight really strains credibility. Wilson was perfectly respectful and soft spoken and for no reason Brown came to the car and started beating on Wilson. I don't think it happened like that.
Just to shift the debate a bit - in what situation would Wilson's words/behavior made it OK for Brown to charge the cop car? If he called him a bad name? Said he needed to pull his pants up?

I'm struggling to think of a viable scenario where:

"Office Wilson does X from his care: so, of course, Brown charged the car and tried to beat him up. We all would have done that."

If anyone can give a legit answer to what X could have likely been to make this scenario work, I'm all ears.
Old 11-25-2014, 02:14 PM   #1322
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
He didn't have a taser on him.

Which, to clarify my earlier comment about this, still fits my recollection of the testimony. Something along the lines of "his service weapon was the only thing he could reach".
Old 11-25-2014, 02:20 PM   #1323
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
This is my whole issue with the whole "the cop needed to subdue him" argument. Deadly force shouldn't be the first option. There's a whole host of non-lethal force he could have used (taser, pepper spray, baton). Jumping straight to "I need to shoot the unarmed guy" should almost never (not stating an absolute just so someone doesn't start tossing out examples) be acceptable.

Whether he's an innocent kid or a criminal it was an overuse of force.

Enough with the unarmed stuff. You can kill another human being with punches. Especially if you are a man of Brown's size. He also had grabbed at the gun once and you can reasonably assume that if he would have done so again in a struggle.

Unless you want only elite MMA fighters on the police force, there are going to be situations where an unarmed man puts another person's life in danger. There is a small percent of the population who could subdue someone like Brown on their own.

It's unfortunate deadly force had to be used but that's the risk you run when you do what Brown did.
Old 11-25-2014, 02:20 PM   #1324
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles View Post
Just to shift the debate a bit - in what situation would Wilson's words/behavior made it OK for Brown to charge the cop car? If he called him a bad name? Said he needed to pull his pants up?

"Office Wilson does X from his care: so, of course, Brown charged the car and tried to beat him up. We all would have done that."

If anyone can give a legit answer to what X could have likely been to make this scenario work, I'm all ears.

I didn't say he was excused. My guess is both guys got overheated and it led to a tragedy. I'm just suspicious of the way Wilson presents himself especially after the video of him previously harassing someone who videoed him.
Old 11-25-2014, 02:22 PM   #1325
chinaski
College Prospect

Quote:

Remember the whole Wilson was beat so badly that he had a fractured eye socket etc? The only medical attention he ever got was a couple of Ibuprofen. Just cops covering their ass. I dont believe a word of Wilson's story at all. Here's some more damning info from the grand jury testimony:

Quote:
The medical investigator took no photos
The medical investigator did not take photographs at the scene of Brown's killing because the camera battery had died, the grand jury heard.
The investigator, who goes to the crime scene to collect evidence for the pathologist, also did not take measurements of anything at the scene because they "didn't need to."
The investigator, whose name was redacted, said: "It was self-explanatory what happened. Somebody shot somebody. There was no question as to any distances or anything of that nature at the time I was there."
Typically, a medical investigator will take crime scene photos in addition to the ones taken by police investigators.
The investigator testified that they did not see evidence of "stippling" (gunpowder) around the wounds on Brown's body.

No photos, no gunpowder on Brown, no measurements even? Pure cover-up.
chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 02:23 PM   #1326
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Which, to clarify my earlier comment about this, still fits my recollection of the testimony. Something along the lines of "his service weapon was the only thing he could reach".

He did say he carried mace but couldn't reach it because he didn't want to use his left hand which was blocking his face from the assault. He also said in close quarters where Brown's hands were in front of his face it likely would have damaged his vision more than Brown.
Old 11-25-2014, 02:25 PM   #1327
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:

+1
Old 11-25-2014, 02:30 PM   #1328
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Remember the whole Wilson was beat so badly that he had a fractured eye socket etc? The only medical attention he ever got was a couple of Ibuprofen. Just cops covering their ass. I dont believe a word of Wilson's story at all. Here's some more damning info from the grand jury testimony:

The eye socket thing was a dumb rumor on social media that a couple right-wing sites picked up and ran with. I don't think that ever came from any official involved in the case.

Quote:

There was unburned gunpowder in a graze wound on Brown's hand according to the medical examiner.

Photos should be taken but I'm not sure why that would have changed the outcome of this.
Old 11-25-2014, 02:31 PM   #1329
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

That doesn't necessarily mean he had to shoot him. He's in the car. He can roll up the window and lock the door.
Old 11-25-2014, 02:32 PM   #1330
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Enough with the unarmed stuff. You can kill another human being with punches. Especially if you are a man of Brown's size. He also had grabbed at the gun once and you can reasonably assume that if he would have done so again in a struggle.

Unless you want only elite MMA fighters on the police force, there are going to be situations where an unarmed man puts another person's life in danger. There is a small percent of the population who could subdue someone like Brown on their own.

It's unfortunate deadly force had to be used but that's the risk you run when you do what Brown did.

That's why I said "ALMOST NEVER."

Reading comprehension fail.
Old 11-25-2014, 02:33 PM   #1331
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Why? We know his stance on the issue (and most issues in general). The article doesn't really argue any of the facts in the grand jury report, it's just him saying "I don't believe it". Klein has pushed the "gentle giant" narrative which has proven to be a complete fabrication.

I guess you could argue that he's happy with the decision because it gives him some clickbait now for his new site.

Klein is the most milquetoast of milquetoast bloggers. He doesn't even get heated, even about things he's most passionate about (Healthcare). He, as ever, dispassionately puts down the facts and then comments on them (they seem very unbelievable). There is no "gentle giant" narrative - if anyone is throwing down a tantrum, I'd put money on it being you rather than Klein.

If you want to kneejerk accept everything the cop is saying, no matter how ridiculous it sounds, that's your right, but saying someone else who calls it out is "throwing a tantrum" just sounds like you are throwing shit against the wall to see what sticks.
Old 11-25-2014, 02:33 PM   #1332
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:

You realize there are countries where cops don't carry guns and are have to be able to subdue people without lethal force, right? I have friends and a family member on the police force in the UK and they are very heavily trained in non lethal methods.

Now if you want to say policing in the two countries is very different I won't disagree with that. But I also don't agree that there are any situations in which the only way to subdue an unarmed man is to chase him down the street and shoot him six times. At least if you at properly trained.

Last edited by bhlloy : 11-25-2014 at 02:34 PM.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 02:39 PM   #1333
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
That doesn't necessarily mean he had to shoot him. He's in the car. He can roll up the window and lock the door.

By all means, let's just let the p.o.s. do as he sees fit & cower in fear while he does so.

That'll work out just fine, I mean, he's such a tremendous asset to the world around him and all, cant' risk hurting his feewings or nothing. He might, I dunno, cure cancer tomorrow or something.
Old 11-25-2014, 02:40 PM   #1334
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
You realize there are countries where cops don't carry guns and are have to be able to subdue people without lethal force, right? I have friends and a family member on the police force in the UK and they are very heavily trained in non lethal methods.

Now if you want to say policing in the two countries is very different I won't disagree with that. But I also don't agree that there are any situations in which the only way to subdue an unarmed man is to chase him down the street and shoot him six times. At least if you at properly trained.

Those countries also have different cultures. They have different attitudes toward police. They also have much less violent crime to deal with.

As for chasing him down the street, that is what cops do. They chase after the criminals.
Old 11-25-2014, 02:43 PM   #1335
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
I didn't say he was excused. My guess is both guys got overheated and it led to a tragedy. I'm just suspicious of the way Wilson presents himself especially after the video of him previously harassing someone who videoed him.
OK, so let's take the most reasonable, yet negative view of the situation for the Officer. Brown is walking down the street and Wilson yells at him to stop, says a derogatory term and then tells him come over because he has some questions. Brown comes over and the discussion gets more heated. Brown gets pissed off, reaches in the cop car to strike him and hits Wilson's arm. Wilson gets rattled and reaches for his gun. Brown comes back at him for round 2 and Wilson shoots him.

I'm curious what everyone thinks the penalty should have been for Wilson if the above situation is what actually happened. IMO, that's the "best case" for the defense and I still don't have a huge issue with Wilson's actions. Probably a little over the top for the situation, but I think police deserve a little bit of a grey area when being attacked by 6-4, 250+ pound guys.

Last edited by Arles : 11-25-2014 at 02:43 PM.
Arles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 02:46 PM   #1336
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
OK, so let's take the most reasonable, yet negative view of the situation for the Officer. Brown is walking down the street and Wilson yells at him to stop, says a derogatory term and then tells him come over because he has some questions. Brown comes over and the discussion gets more heated. Brown gets pissed off, reaches in the cop car to strike him and hits Wilson's arm. Wilson gets rattled and reaches for his gun. Brown comes back at him for round 2 and Wilson shoots him.

I'm curious what everyone thinks the penalty should have been for Wilson if the above situation is what actually happened. IMO, that's the "best case" for the defense and I still don't have a huge issue with Wilson's actions. Probably a little over the top for the situation, but I think police deserve a little bit of a grey area when being attacked by 6-4, 250+ pound guys.

Here's the thing - the fact we're asking these questions and aren't totally sure of what really went on due to really strange assumptions that have to be made to make the story work seems to indicate that the proper place to figure this out is a trial. I don't particularly think its the binary of murder or not murder - it possibly could fit the fact pattern for manslaughter or other lower level punishments based on as ascertainment of all the facts to see what actually happened.

Last edited by ISiddiqui : 11-25-2014 at 02:48 PM.
ISiddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 02:47 PM   #1337
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Honestly, I think he should have let Brown run away. Not because Brown deserved no punishment, but Wilson fired six stray shots in a residential neighborhood. By the time he fired the last ten shots he was no longer in direct danger, so the proper course of action given the location should be to let him go and search for him later.
Old 11-25-2014, 02:49 PM   #1338
BillJasper
Pro Starter

I wonder how often Officer Wilson harassed white people for jaywalking? Being white and living in Covington, Ky, I've jaywalked right in front of cops and never had a word said to me.

Last edited by BillJasper : 11-25-2014 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Stupidity.
BillJasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 02:51 PM   #1339
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
Are you seriously using this logic?

OK, I'l go the other way.

Wilson went through his entire career without shooting and killing anyone. He went through his career without being assaulted in his police car for escalating situations involving jaywalkers. He could have just snapped and took some drugs deciding to kill someone for the hell of it, but I'd put more money on the kid who had already robbed a store that day to escalate the situation.

A lot of this doesn't make sense. It was a two minute situation that went south on a million levels and there can and should be a discussion of how to avoid this type of thing. I don't think it went down exactly as the officer stated, but I think the facts prove that it didn't go down like Brown's friends claimed it did.

It's a horrific situation. Sad beyond words. But the dialogue MUST involve everyone who did wrong that day and not spin this into the fault of one guy. By the witness testimony we heard last night, Brown charged an officer who had already fired bullets despite being unarmed. He didn't get down when he was asked. He actually does sound like someone who snapped to me.
This isn't an either/or situation where one person has to be right. Brown was at fault for things and paid a (hefty) price. I also think Wilson should pay a price and be let go from the PD. Not go to jail, but also not something that a couple weeks paid vacation to take a retraining course is going to fix.
Old 11-25-2014, 02:52 PM   #1340
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
The eye socket thing was a dumb rumor on social media that a couple right-wing sites picked up and ran with. I don't think that ever came from any official involved in the case.

I found what I believe was the first reference to that in this thread.

Front Office Football Central - View Single Post - FBI Opens Investigation into Shooting of Michael Brown
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 02:53 PM   #1341
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJasper View Post
I wonder how often Officer Brown harassed white people for jaywalking? Being white and living in Covington, Ky, I've jaywalked right in front of cops and never had a word said to me.

Brown is the black guy. Wilson is the white officer. Just remember B and W for all future discussions.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 02:55 PM   #1342
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
You're missing the part where Brown is running away and Wilson chases him in a residential neighborhood without waiting for or even calling for backup if I'm reading his statement correctly.

Last edited by BishopMVP : 11-25-2014 at 03:01 PM.
Old 11-25-2014, 02:56 PM   #1343
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Klein is the most milquetoast of milquetoast bloggers. He doesn't even get heated, even about things he's most passionate about (Healthcare). He, as ever, dispassionately puts down the facts and then comments on them (they seem very unbelievable). There is no "gentle giant" narrative - if anyone is throwing down a tantrum, I'd put money on it being you rather than Klein.

If you want to kneejerk accept everything the cop is saying, no matter how ridiculous it sounds, that's your right, but saying someone else who calls it out is "throwing a tantrum" just sounds like you are throwing shit against the wall to see what sticks.

No, he puts down the facts that feed his narrative and leave out the rest. Or just completely distorts them. This is a guy who ran a forum filled with other journalists so they could make sure the liberal narrative played out properly in the media. He has an agenda and has clearly shown it throughout the Ferguson situation.

And I don't hate Klein. I've read some of his stuff in the past and liked it. But this was embarrassing. He's the whitest of white guys who has never lived or experienced anything from the black community giving us insight into what Michael Brown was really thinking. The article is fanfiction for liberals who wanted a different outcome.
Old 11-25-2014, 02:57 PM   #1344
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
No, he puts down the facts that feed his narrative and leave out the rest. Or just completely distorts them. This is a guy who ran a forum filled with other journalists so they could make sure the liberal narrative played out properly in the media. He has an agenda and has clearly shown it throughout the Ferguson situation.

And I don't hate Klein. I've read some of his stuff in the past and liked it. But this was embarrassing. He's the whitest of white guys who has never lived or experienced anything from the black community giving us insight into what Michael Brown was really thinking. The article is fanfiction for liberals who wanted a different outcome.

I'll put it this way. I'll trust Klein and his questions rather than you trying to make them into a "tantrum" without even addressing any of his points. Sorry, your word over his - I trust his.
Old 11-25-2014, 02:57 PM   #1345
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Brown is the black guy. Wilson is the white officer. Just remember B and W for all future discussions.

Dammit!!!
Old 11-25-2014, 03:01 PM   #1346
nol
Banned

Quote:

Right, and if you don't believe stuff like that has any impact on a 3/4ths white grand jury (especially when combined with Wilson's whole "Mike Brown is a superhuman beast who got stronger and more enraged after being shot multiple times, so I had to put him down before being killed" story), I've got a bridge to sell you.

Hell, if you do an image search for Darren Wilson right now, half of the results are some random hoax photos of a guy in a hospital bed who's gotten the crap beaten out of him.
nol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 03:04 PM   #1347
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Honestly, I think he should have let Brown run away. Not because Brown deserved no punishment, but Wilson fired six stray shots in a residential neighborhood. By the time he fired the last ten shots he was no longer in direct danger, so the proper course of action given the location should be to let him go and search for him later.

He fired the shots when he felt his life was in danger. I know what you're saying (firing a gun in a residential neighborhood is dangerous) but wouldn't this approach to policing make residential neighborhoods off limits to cops? Won't there always be a risk of having to use your firearm?

According to his testimony and other witnesses, Brown was charging. He was in direct danger when he fired those shots.
Old 11-25-2014, 03:06 PM   #1348
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJasper View Post
I wonder how often Officer Wilson harassed white people for jaywalking? Being white and living in Covington, Ky, I've jaywalked right in front of cops and never had a word said to me.

Ding ding ding.
Old 11-25-2014, 03:11 PM   #1349
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
I'll put it this way. I'll trust Klein and his questions rather than you trying to make them into a "tantrum" without even addressing any of his points. Sorry, your word over his - I trust his.

His point was simply "I don't believe it. I know what is going through the mind of an 18 year old black man in a black community".

Like I said, it's the whitest guy on the planet deciding it's bullshit because he can't fathom why an 18 year old black male in that community would act that way.
Old 11-25-2014, 03:18 PM   #1350
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Yeeeah... now you are simply projecting. He says the story as stated does not make sense to him. You, instead of rebutting parts of the article or explaining some of the stuff Klein says doesn't make sense, said he's throwing a tantrum. You STILL haven't rebutted parts of the article you think can be explained. If anyone has an agenda here, it's you.

Last edited by ISiddiqui : 11-25-2014 at 03:19 PM.
ISiddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote