Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-26-2008, 10:25 PM   #1351
Passacaglia
Coordinator

As for why the switch came so late, I wanted to see if anyone would try to save him at the end. If I had waited to vote for EF until after GE voted CR, I would have voted CR instead to make it a closer race, but probably still switched to BK.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 10:25 PM   #1352
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I'd actually rather him not explain his vote there.

I also think if people are still not going to follow my vote on Saldana, the next best vote would be for Telle as it would help seperate alot of perceived alliances that currently are showing up as well as help give a data point for Lathum.

Sorry.
Old 06-26-2008, 10:53 PM   #1353
mccollins
College Prospect

I think this is right:
Danny (1) - Lathum (1256)
Telle (4) - Passacaglia (1268), GoldenEagle (1273), oliegirl (1274), LoneStarGirl (1305)
Saldana (2) - Alan T (1281), claphamsa (1291)
Oliegirl (2) - Danny (1282), EagleFan (1311)
Passacaglia (2) - Telle (1316), saldana (1340)
LoneStarGirl (1) - PackerFanatic (1319)
mccollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 10:56 PM   #1354
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:

I also think if people are still not going to follow my vote on Saldana, the next best vote would be for Telle as it would help seperate alot of perceived alliances that currently are showing up as well as help give a data point for Lathum.

I've got generic 'wolfdar' feelings about both saldana and telle, but nothing tooo strong.

Can you recount your argument against saldana one more time please?

Restating the argument against Telle is for someone else to do I suppose...
mccollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 11:00 PM   #1355
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccollins View Post
I've got generic 'wolfdar' feelings about both saldana and telle, but nothing tooo strong.

Can you recount your argument against saldana one more time please?

Restating the argument against Telle is for someone else to do I suppose...

I have pretty big issues with how Lathum and Saldana interacted in day 1 which I recapped early this morning in some of my posts that I went over various comments I had. The biggest problems had to do with inconsistencies with how they played off of each other during the day. Then it has slowly been a list of various actions since that time that just helped enhance the wolf feelings I am getting from Saldana. This on top of my day 1 comment that I felt Saldana was a very possible choice for Hoops to have made for a cunning wolf. While everyone else came up with other possibilities when trying to get into Hoops' mind, Saldana seems to me to be the most likely choice.

That said, while I have my vote on Saldana currently I do concede that we might learn the most from a lynch of Telle today however, which is why I said earlier that I can understand that vote. A Telle lynch could possibly tell us more about Lathum, Goldeneagle, Passacaglia and possibly others.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 11:12 PM   #1356
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
Lathum's Day 1 scan of me couldn't have influenced the Day 1 kill.. they happen simultaneously. And on Day 2 they probably figured the body guard was going to guard him and thus killed the body guard instead.

People are really missing this point with regards to how Telle voted. The wolves couldn;t have known anything at that stage. as the lynch and kill were simultaneous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
I really want to go after Pass tonight... not only did he put his vote on DT less than 5 minutes to deadline when it was obvious DT was done, but he has obviously been on people's radars since the game began. He just isn't acting right.

I just am afraid I am not going to get a good run on him... but I dont have a feel for saldana at all. And I really dont think Ollie is a wolf...

vote telle

I KNOW I am not a wolf, and i believe Hoops would pick a female... so Telle it is!

I'm having a huge problem with the "hemust have chosen one girl" crap hopps isn't a moron, he would not have done anything we think would be obvious. If you REALLY want to push for Pass then please do so. I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
dola: looking at this again shows that oliegirl is in the run on Telle which puts her in the middle of the runs on BK, DT and now Telle. We know how the first two turned out...

Sorry for the quick vote change, I should have researched a bit more before making the CR vote.

unvote Chief Rum

vote oliegirl

I'm inclined to agree that Olie deserves a real good look at this point. I'm getting tingly sensations and its not just because she's a hottie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
okay so you voted for somebody who said he was a seer. that definitely clears you.

Quote:
Heck, maybe I am completely wrong.. but right now I feel the following is likely the case:

Lathum is the cultist.
Saldana is the cunning wolf
Telle is another wolf

But what do I know, I'm pretty bad at this game!

I'm all but certain you're wrong on at least two of those.

Quote:

I read this and go WTF??? you're blatantly asking that someone under a lot of suspicion NOT explain why they did something? Alan thats just ludicrous.

I was on Lathum pretty hard Day 1, at this stage I'm giving him a pass because even if he is the fake seer he's still a villager. If he's fooling us then I'll bow down and kiss his grimy paws after the game.

The entire argument on Telle is wrong, it doesn't stand up to ANY real logic. The wolves couldn;t have known anything at the point Pass is pushing on Telle so we can't deduce anything from that, Pass is also doing the exat same thing Telle did and saying she must be a wolf for doing so. its utter crap. Smoke and Mirrors.

I've got nothing on Saldana at this point. I think Hoops would have taken one or the other of he and Lathum and at this point that points me at Sal as a possible wolf more than lathum.

So my choice is between Saldana and Passacaglia tonight and based on the style of play thus far and the unsupported push on Telle, I have to:

VOTE PASSACAGLIA
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 11:26 PM   #1357
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

I can't believe how poorly this is going, we lost our Spy and our BG in one night?
We need to put our Seers to work and try to figure out how we can take advatage of both roles. Maybe if we're lucky the fake seer only scans opposite. Can we somehow synchronize the scans?
Mrs. Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 11:53 PM   #1358
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

The votes for Telle, or at least the explanations for them, seem full of holes. Maybe the wolves didn't kill Lathum, not because he's the fake seer, but because he has enough heat on him as it is. Why remove a good distraction?
Saldana on the other hand seems unsure of who's side he's on. The vote for Alan was only self preservation, Cultist perhaps?

VOTE SALDANA
Old 06-27-2008, 12:48 AM   #1359
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
I'm the one who mistakenly said that the wolves could only kill someone who voted for them that day. That's what you were talking about, right?

I don't recall if you said that or not. If you say you did, I believe you. I didn't research it, just gave an impression. But my impression ran from what I believed to be a number of posts suggesting this rule limitation, not just one person such as yourself.

I was just saying that, if perhaps people had gotten the wrong idea, wouldn't the wolves want to encourage that idea? And thinking it was a general impression that might have been fostered by a few individuals, not just you. Really, I think I only recall you in that discussion until you started to question if we were reading that wrong. That's not a bad thing for you, but a good thing (as you would be the person to challenge that false impression).

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 12:50 AM   #1360
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
If this has been a source of confusion, please forgive me. The cunning wolf may kill any player on any night. All other wolves may only kill players who have voted for them at some point in the game. This, in fact, is a change from the rule as originally conceived. This rule only includes final votes, not votes that are later unvoted, but it does include all final votes made throughout the game. If anybody is still confused pm me and I'll craft a specific example to make it clearer.

Well, at least we're not crazy. Probably not some evil wolf mastermind plan then.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 06-27-2008, 01:03 AM   #1361
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
i think your decimal points are off...we have a 4.8% chance of finding one roled player out of 21....the chances of finding a second one are also 1 in 21, which is a 1 in 441 chance of both things happening at the same time.

No my math was right. I just interpreted "roled player" differently than you. I thought you meant "roled player" as in "any player with a role", not as I think you now mean, "these two specific roles (seer/BG)". With my definition, as you know, there are far more roled players than non-roled players (including wolves).

Old 06-27-2008, 01:04 AM   #1362
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
CR's numbers are for finding ANY two roled players. Yours are for finding two "called" roled players.

Heh...Pass got it.

Old 06-27-2008, 01:09 AM   #1363
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

As of post 1362

4 Telle: Passacaglia (1268), GoldenEagle (1273), Oliegirl (1274), LoneStarGirl (1305)
3 Saldana: Alan T (1281), Claphamsa (1291), Mrs. Schmidty (1358)
3 Passacaglia: Telle (1316), Saldana (1340), RendeR (1356)
2 Oliegirl: Danny (1282) EagleFan (1311)
1 LoneStarGirl: PackerFanatic (1319)
1 Danny: Lathum (1256),
Old 06-27-2008, 01:11 AM   #1364
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
CR is definitely popping my spidey sense.

For now:

VOTE CHIEF RUM

LSG: Thinks voting 12+ hours B4 deadline is "late"
PackerFanatic: CR is bothering me.
Render: Spidey sense

lol...at least give me something to respond to. I feel like I am being gang-tackled here by shadows.

Old 06-27-2008, 01:17 AM   #1365
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
triple dola- It would actualy be funny as hett if Poli had selected me and Sal as masons. We would know who each other are but not be able to talk about it which would be ammusing.

Ahh, yes, the knowing looks across the table. Those awkward pauses.

Yeah, that would be pretty funny.

Old 06-27-2008, 01:21 AM   #1366
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Schmidty View Post
As of post 1362

4 Telle: Passacaglia (1268), GoldenEagle (1273), Oliegirl (1274), LoneStarGirl (1305)
3 Saldana: Alan T (1281), Claphamsa (1291), Mrs. Schmidty (1358)
3 Passacaglia: Telle (1316), Saldana (1340), RendeR (1356)
2 Oliegirl: Danny (1282) EagleFan (1311)
1 LoneStarGirl: PackerFanatic (1319)
1 Danny: Lathum (1256),

Not yet voted:
McCollins
Chief Rum
SnDvls
Schmidty
Old 06-27-2008, 01:35 AM   #1367
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
I'm not ignoring your opinion from earlier Alan - but in my present condition, a vote for Lathum is the best vote that I can make.

I still believe that Kwhit's line of thinking bears exploring - if i can convince others of that and we can explore it via voting lathum off that's great - if not...a vote for lathum is still the best vote that i can make.

Am I the only one thinking KWhit made a huge reach with that theory and made too big a deal out of it?

Sorry, I just don't see both Poli and hoops leaving a strong player like Lathum out there to the last pick. There is a logical sense to it, yes. But that completely ignores that both Poli and hoops know how much value Lathum can bring to a game and that they would have to resist the emotional pull to pick him for 20 picks.

Frankly, the theory of Poli using Lathum's rep as a way to kill off the fake seer has a lot more logical traction with me than KWhit's theory.

Old 06-27-2008, 01:43 AM   #1368
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Who would you list as the next 'big 3' vets that hoops would most likely select for at least 1 (if not 2) of the wolves?

In a list of 6, I'd think there almost has to be at least 1 wolf.

EF threw out a similar sort of ratio in a different context, but the math remains the same. Grab any six players--the chance of there NOT being a wolf in the group is less than 1 in 5.

And besides, it is a losing strategy to gun after six particular players and risk going five nights without a wolf kill while the wolves are out there killing every night.

All that said, I think there is value in trying to guess hoops' intent, and would agree with the group of six suggested as his likely targets (and with picks 7-9 as well).

The big issue I have is this: hoops knows we know this. He knows we'll think this and try to reconstruct his draft. And he's exactly the sorta guy to throw curveballs at us for just that reason.

In fact, I am wondering if he put together a draft list, and then just chose in reverse.

Old 06-27-2008, 01:44 AM   #1369
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
i'd say myself, sndvls, and chief rum

Actually, yeah, DT's a good choice, too. Frankly, we have a very strong field for this game. Even the newer players we have seem to me to have "gotten it" pretty quick and are playing well.

Old 06-27-2008, 01:46 AM   #1370
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
aaaah - but the crafty hooper may be like 14th level analysis and have picked all newbs along with someone like clap who's newbish to us, to guide them...he's a sick sick man

Okay, really, I am posting as I progress. I wasn't trying to be repetitive.

Old 06-27-2008, 01:54 AM   #1371
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Didn't that possibility exist yesterday?

I am encouraged by this line of thinking on Telle. There seems to be some logicial inconsistency to her votes, although I can't say without looking closer that she's the only one, considering we had lots of Lathum voters yesterday and seem to have a fair amount of BK voters today.

Of course, this is still pre-deadline, so I assume much has changed.

Old 06-27-2008, 01:58 AM   #1372
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
to keep a wolf kill out of the equation for him is my guess

That also gave him a reasonable excuse to avoid being part of the lynch, like an "excused" throwaway vote (re: sal's vote on alan t).

Old 06-27-2008, 02:04 AM   #1373
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
I understand the move IF he has an important role and thus he can only be killed by one wolf, but it's not a teammate move in my book, maybe because I wished I would have thought of it to take the easy way out today

Yup, and one other aspect of it is that if it suggests he has a major role, that probably piques the wolves' interest, too. After all, the vote trigger only stops most of them. There is a wolf out there that is unstoppable, so not an especially strong plan, perhaps.

Old 06-27-2008, 02:10 AM   #1374
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
although i stand by my original plan, the IT department just called me and are coming over to disconnect my computer, so I have to get offline.

unvote alan t
vote chief rum

I would ask you for a reason, but no one else gave one, why you should you?

Old 06-27-2008, 02:23 AM   #1375
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Day 1

10 - DaddyTorgo - Lathum (339), LoneStarGirl (538), PackerFanatic (556), mccollins (605), claphamsa (946), SnDvls (659), Mrs. Schmidty (676), saldana (691), oliegirl (707), GoldenEagle (725)
7 - Lathum - DaddyTorgo (250), KWhit (278), Barkeep (283), RendeR (294), Danny (431), Telle (650), Passacaglia (745)
1 - Mrs. Schmidty - EagleFan (362)
1 - EagleFan - Schmidty (394)
1 - saldana - Chief Rum (594)
1 - Alan T - Alan T (778)

Day 2

7 - Barkeep49 - Lathum (1052), PackerFanatic (1068), oliegirl (1072), mccollins (1079), Telle (1080), Mrs. Schmidty (1118), Passacaglia (1215)
4 - Chief Rum - LoneStarGirl (939), RendeR (1038), saldana (1175), GoldenEagle (1210)
3 - EagleFan - Chief Rum (1000), SnDvls (1065), claphamsa (1084)
3 - Lathum - Danny (1015), Barkeep49 (1040), DaddyTorgo (1089)
1 - oliegirl - EagleFan (943)
1 - saldana - Alan T (1044)

no vote: Schmidty

Interesting that Telle and Pass are the only Day 1 Lathum voters to go against their votes there by voting BK on Day 2, and then going at loggerheads with each other over it.

I would suggest the possibility that two wolves might be playing each other up to get one in the COT, but A) I don't believe it; and B) the last time I suggested a far reaching wolf conspiracy, Pass lit up at me.

Old 06-27-2008, 02:26 AM   #1376
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
So I have been working on this theory for a while. The wolves did not kill Lathum last night? What does that mean?

A) Lathum is a wolf

or

B) The wolves know that Lathum is the fake seer and while supply us with wrong information. How would they know that? Lathum scanned Telle the first night. The only way possible they know that Lathum is the fake seer is that Telle is a wolf.

B is the much more plausible scenario in my opinion.

Hmm...not bad.

My main quibble, though, is they would have guessed DT was indeed the BG, since they knew he wasn't the wolf, and they are more likely to go after the sure BG than the not sure seer, I think.

Other than that, it's not altogether out of the question.

Old 06-27-2008, 02:38 AM   #1377
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
i would love for alan to explain why he was calling me out for my safe play as "not being a team player" and "making a throwaway vote", but then left his vote on me as essentially a throwaway, while our spy was getting lynched.

See, here's the problem I have with this line of questioning. It's not that you're wrong, or that Alan didn't perhaps make a questionable move there. It's that he is, no matter what, almost essentially cleared, and I only say almost because in a metaphysical sense, no one is cleared until they're dead or the game is over.

So I ask you, what's the point in pursuing thing line? I don't see how it brings us closer to finding a wolf.

Old 06-27-2008, 02:42 AM   #1378
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
For other random thoughts that I have.. I'm still not completely convinced that Lathum isn't the cultist like I originally had suggested on day 1.

This seems like backtracking. Like I said to sal, Alan, I don't see you as anything but what you say you are, but doing things like throwing away your vote and backtracking on Lathum inside of a page of posts can only confuse us and help the wolves.

Not trying to discourage you from your active posting ways, but just letting you know there is the possibility you could unintentionally throw us off with stream of consciousness posting, given your current role as the sole member of the COT.

Old 06-27-2008, 02:47 AM   #1379
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
vote Chief Rum

Place holder vote. No real reason, just wanted to shake things up a bit to see what falls out.

lmao...I think I'll just accept it now. Clearly I should change my screen name to Default Fallback Vote.

Old 06-27-2008, 02:49 AM   #1380
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
dola: looking at this again shows that oliegirl is in the run on Telle which puts her in the middle of the runs on BK, DT and now Telle. We know how the first two turned out...

Sorry for the quick vote change, I should have researched a bit more before making the CR vote.

unvote Chief Rum

vote oliegirl

Well, at least you switched. And you make sense here, too, assuming Telle is a villager.

I am not ready to make that assumption, though.

Old 06-27-2008, 02:54 AM   #1381
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
i have also played long enough to know that there is such a thing as a wolf duke...granted, i doubt that is likely since no one countered your claim, but i really disagree that just because you are a known factor means your votes arent the same value as anyone elses...and at this particular moment, i would say barkeep would agree.

QUESTION FOR CRONIN

Are there any roles in this game that are not listed in the rule set?

Old 06-27-2008, 02:56 AM   #1382
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Heck, maybe I am completely wrong.. but right now I feel the following is likely the case:

Lathum is the cultist.
Saldana is the cunning wolf
Telle is another wolf

But what do I know, I'm pretty bad at this game!

Still not getting Lathum there.

I can buy the other two, though.

Old 06-27-2008, 03:12 AM   #1383
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

All right, finally caught up. Took me 20 minutes just to read through my own posts at the end (j/k...).

I am WAY past my bed time, and I have to vote. I have a lot of questions out there for saldana, but I'm getting more of a "I don't get why he's doing this vibe", than a wolf vibe. It's sorta like with Lathum on Day One. Didn't understand why he made the decision he did, but thought he was telling the truth (and I still do). I think saldana would be an excellent choice to scan, though.

That puts it to Pass and Telle. I suggested the possibility of a two-wolf set up, but I actually think that's pretty unlikely. It's far more likely they are on opposite sides, so I figure pick one and see what comes up. Pass's vote timing on Day One makes more sense to me, but that is countered by his decision to essentially ensure BK's death. But I think BK was already a likely goner, and it's personally hard for me to ignore that Pass did not choose to vote me. In my mind, he has made some questionable moves, but they are more in a "Alan locking in" way (an old villager Alan trait) then a wolf way.

So I am going to go the other way. See this less as a vote for Telle and more a vote against voting for Pass.

VOTE TELLE

Old 06-27-2008, 06:02 AM   #1384
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I would ask you for a reason, but no one else gave one, why you should you?

really, the only reasoning i had was that i didnt like the vote for barkeep and you are one person that I can never figure out, so out of the candidates at the time, you were the logical choice for me.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 06:15 AM   #1385
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I don't recall if you said that or not. If you say you did, I believe you. I didn't research it, just gave an impression. But my impression ran from what I believed to be a number of posts suggesting this rule limitation, not just one person such as yourself.

I was just saying that, if perhaps people had gotten the wrong idea, wouldn't the wolves want to encourage that idea? And thinking it was a general impression that might have been fostered by a few individuals, not just you. Really, I think I only recall you in that discussion until you started to question if we were reading that wrong. That's not a bad thing for you, but a good thing (as you would be the person to challenge that false impression).

It looks like we got this all settled, but for the record, as a wolf, I don't think I would encourage villagers to misinterpret rules. Maybe it's because when I am the GM, my games are pretty confusing, and the rules keep changing on us -- we never play the same game more than once in a row -- but I wouldn't want to win a game based on a misinterpretation of the rules. I can see it if clarifying the rule would out me as a wolf, but otherwise no.
Old 06-27-2008, 06:17 AM   #1386
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
People are really missing this point with regards to how Telle voted. The wolves couldn;t have known anything at that stage. as the lynch and kill were simultaneous.

I'm having a huge problem with the "hemust have chosen one girl" crap hopps isn't a moron, he would not have done anything we think would be obvious. If you REALLY want to push for Pass then please do so. I am.

I'm inclined to agree that Olie deserves a real good look at this point. I'm getting tingly sensations and its not just because she's a hottie.

I'm all but certain you're wrong on at least two of those.

I read this and go WTF??? you're blatantly asking that someone under a lot of suspicion NOT explain why they did something? Alan thats just ludicrous.

I was on Lathum pretty hard Day 1, at this stage I'm giving him a pass because even if he is the fake seer he's still a villager. If he's fooling us then I'll bow down and kiss his grimy paws after the game.

The entire argument on Telle is wrong, it doesn't stand up to ANY real logic. The wolves couldn;t have known anything at the point Pass is pushing on Telle so we can't deduce anything from that, Pass is also doing the exat same thing Telle did and saying she must be a wolf for doing so. its utter crap. Smoke and Mirrors.

I've got nothing on Saldana at this point. I think Hoops would have taken one or the other of he and Lathum and at this point that points me at Sal as a possible wolf more than lathum.

So my choice is between Saldana and Passacaglia tonight and based on the style of play thus far and the unsupported push on Telle, I have to:

VOTE PASSACAGLIA

FTR, Lathum's scan of Telle hasn't factored into my vote for her at all. I've already gone over how what I've done was different from Telle. If you want, I'll go over it again.
Old 06-27-2008, 06:20 AM   #1387
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Interesting that Telle and Pass are the only Day 1 Lathum voters to go against their votes there by voting BK on Day 2, and then going at loggerheads with each other over it.

I would suggest the possibility that two wolves might be playing each other up to get one in the COT, but A) I don't believe it; and B) the last time I suggested a far reaching wolf conspiracy, Pass lit up at me.

heh I don't remember that! Go ahead and suspect it if you like...just vote Telle first!
Old 06-27-2008, 06:25 AM   #1388
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
RCN in da house -- plus I get the Big Ten Network, which comcast doesn't give you.
i hate Comcast, but RCN is too spoty on their internet...

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 06:30 AM   #1389
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
If you want to vote for Pass, then vote for Pass. It gives another candidate instead of just adding to the run on telle.

Yes Sir!

unvote Telle

vote pass
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 06:33 AM   #1390
Telle
College Starter

What more can I say to try and convince people of my villager role?

Day 1 I did not believe Lathum. Obviously a lot of other people fell into that category as well since he had a number of votes on him. After Alan's no-lynch move I took time to reflect and realized it might be smarter to back off of Lathum for a bit and see how things pan out.

Day 2 I voted for Barkeep because he seemed unusually quiet to me. Obviously quite a few others got the wolfy-vibe from him as well as we ended up lynching him, with great misfortune.

Today I'm voting for Pass because he's been on my ass for two days now and I'm taking that as a sign of a wolf that's trying to stir things up. Also I think it's likely that there's at least one wolf amongst the Day 1 votes for Lathum and he's in that list.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 06:44 AM   #1391
Telle
College Starter

Votes as of post 1390:

4 - Telle - Passacaglia (1268), GoldenEagle (1273), oliegirl (1274), Chief Rum (1383)
4 - Passacaglia - Telle (1316), saldana (1340), RendeR (1356), LoneStarGirl (1389)
3 - saldana - Alan T (1281), claphasma (1291), Mrs. Schmidyt (1358)
1 - Danny - Lathum (1256)
1 - oliegirl - EagleFan (1311)
1 - LoneStarGirl - PackerFanatic (1319)
Old 06-27-2008, 07:09 AM   #1392
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

With it all tied up, I will move my vote to Telle to break the tie if need be. Of the three top vote choices, I'm ok with Telle or Saldana being lynched today. I'd rather keep Passacaglia around for another day at least.
Old 06-27-2008, 07:20 AM   #1393
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
With it all tied up, I will move my vote to Telle to break the tie if need be. Of the three top vote choices, I'm ok with Telle or Saldana being lynched today. I'd rather keep Passacaglia around for another day at least.

Any particular reason why you feel better about Passacaglia?
Old 06-27-2008, 07:22 AM   #1394
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Any particular reason why you feel better about Passacaglia?

Not too much, it just is more of my gut feeling that no one in the game seems to like too much right now That and I previously had mentioned I think finding out if you are good or bad can help tell a few things about a handful of other players at least to my warped brain.
Old 06-27-2008, 07:26 AM   #1395
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Not too much, it just is more of my gut feeling that no one in the game seems to like too much right now That and I previously had mentioned I think finding out if you are good or bad can help tell a few things about a handful of other players at least to my warped brain.

Ok, so when I come out good, what's that going to tell you? And I mean this seriously. Do you see others as more good or more bad correlated with me being good? I'd like to know your theories.. maybe my vote is better put elsewhere.
Old 06-27-2008, 07:34 AM   #1396
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Ok, so when I come out good, what's that going to tell you? And I mean this seriously. Do you see others as more good or more bad correlated with me being good? I'd like to know your theories.. maybe my vote is better put elsewhere.

Well if you come back as good the biggest thing for me is that it obviously means that some of my theories I'm working in my head are off. I likely would have to step back and reevaluate a few people as well.. It also wouldn't look as good on Passacaglia either in my mind.
Old 06-27-2008, 07:38 AM   #1397
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Is there a possibility that the fake seer could be given real information sometimes and fake other times? I haven't ever played with this role, and I know we don't know for sure what the fake seer gets for info - but is that a possibility?
Old 06-27-2008, 07:39 AM   #1398
Telle
College Starter

Well I am going to come back as good, so start thinking from there. Where does that lead you?

I'm obviously not liking Pass too much but I'm having trouble discerning whether or not it's because his pushiness is wolfy or because I'm taking it personally.
Old 06-27-2008, 07:40 AM   #1399
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
Is there a possibility that the fake seer could be given real information sometimes and fake other times? I haven't ever played with this role, and I know we don't know for sure what the fake seer gets for info - but is that a possibility?

That is one of the possibilities that I outlined earlier in the game regarding how the fake seer might get their info. There has to be some mechanism to determine when they get correct vs incorrect info. In most games that has been using random.. Cronin already said Random is not involved in this game at all, so that is out. The only way I could see this in our current game would be a pre-defined setup of even vs odd days or something.. But I find that less likely than what is also considered a normal fake seer role of just reporting back everyone as all good.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:10 AM   #1400
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Just noticed this - happy birthday GE