Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-11-2009, 11:25 AM   #1351
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
That's assuming the Dark One is reborn or something, right? I'm fine assuming that won't happen.

I believe any of the Dark Followers can break them out of jail.
lerriuqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 11:27 AM   #1352
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by USFLTecmo View Post
VOTE LYNCH KWHIT

I subscribe to Chief Rum's theory.

Which theory are you talking about?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 11:29 AM   #1353
USFLTecmo
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
It's self-serving at this point for KWhit to say it, but I am suggesting that the Cultist could be doing scans as well, have scanned KWhit as light and wants to help the wolves. So he tries to smoke out the seer by revealing, and getting a villager lynched at the same time.

I don't know what Lathum's allegiance is, and he may indeed be the seer. But I am a bit skittish after last game when it comes to COTs, especially when the Cultist role is around. So I am a bit sensitive right now to getting the runaround here.

I guess there is one way to find out: we lynch KWhit.

VOTE LYNCH KWHIT

If Lathum is the seer, we're good. If he's not, I'll be really curious to see what the seer is doing.

What I liked about his post is highlighted in italics.
USFLTecmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 11:29 AM   #1354
USFLTecmo
H.S. Freshman Team

Duh. How about I bold it next time? :P
Old 06-11-2009, 11:29 AM   #1355
USFLTecmo
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
It's self-serving at this point for KWhit to say it, but I am suggesting that the Cultist could be doing scans as well, have scanned KWhit as light and wants to help the wolves. So he tries to smoke out the seer by revealing, and getting a villager lynched at the same time.

I don't know what Lathum's allegiance is, and he may indeed be the seer. But I am a bit skittish after last game when it comes to COTs, especially when the Cultist role is around. So I am a bit sensitive right now to getting the runaround here.

I guess there is one way to find out: we lynch KWhit.

VOTE LYNCH KWHIT

If Lathum is the seer, we're good. If he's not, I'll be really curious to see what the seer is doing.

There, better.
Old 06-11-2009, 11:33 AM   #1356
Passacaglia
Coordinator

So you subscribe to his theory that we may be getting the runaround here, but you also agree the best move is to lynch KWhit?
Old 06-11-2009, 11:35 AM   #1357
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
For those complaining that we haven't learned anything I beg to differ:

The Dark One was killed
We trust our current King
We Semi-trust Abe and are simply awaiting verification.

WE HAVEN"T LOST 2 VILLAGERS A NIGHT.

But go right on ahead trying to sell everyone that lynching is still the better choice. Really. I mean it...Try.

the dark one was killed based on a hunch by a dead player...not based on evidence from the jailing process

we do trust our king, but for me, that trust is based much more on an uncontested reveal than it is on anything to do with the jailing process

we semi-trust abe, so are waiting for a 1 in 5 shot to find anything out about him....i will remind you that roulette wheels have no memories, so keeping him in there waiting for a positive scan is like putting your money on a different number because the one you wanted hit two spins ago.

we have not lost two villagers per day, but we are still on day one in terms of finding a wolf because of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lerriuqs View Post
And the seer has had three night scans - so we possibly have up to three more we can trust...

i guess you havent noticed that the people that are dying at night are also very likely people that were the targets of seer scans

hoops is always an early scan. period.
danny is, as far as I am concerned, a fantastic player, and when I was a wolf last game, I wanted to take him out on the third day.
DT is a vet that is always a great rolled villager.

all of those guys are people i would want to make sure were on my side if i was the seer..do you honestly think it is coincidence that they are the 3 night kills...the wolves probably have the exact same opinons as the seer.

not sure who is gonna get my vote at this point...either Kwhit or RendeR
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 11:36 AM   #1358
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post

awww thanks for the vote of confidence! frankly i think i'm not a great rolled villager, but i appreciate the compliment!

go team!!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 11:46 AM   #1359
saldana
Pro Starter

guess i should have finished reading...i was pretty sure on lathum as the seer as well...he even pointed out himself that he is a pitbull when he latches on to an idea, but he swapped in a hurry on the way he felt about BK...i have no reason not to buy it, and unless kwhit is the seer, which the wolves would have no way of knowing, this is an odd 1:1 trade that i dont thing a wolf lathum would make.

vote lynch kwhit
Old 06-11-2009, 11:51 AM   #1360
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
the dark one was killed based on a hunch by a dead player...not based on evidence from the jailing process

we do trust our king, but for me, that trust is based much more on an uncontested reveal than it is on anything to do with the jailing process

we semi-trust abe, so are waiting for a 1 in 5 shot to find anything out about him....i will remind you that roulette wheels have no memories, so keeping him in there waiting for a positive scan is like putting your money on a different number because the one you wanted hit two spins ago.

we have not lost two villagers per day, but we are still on day one in terms of finding a wolf because of it.

i guess you havent noticed that the people that are dying at night are also very likely people that were the targets of seer scans

hoops is always an early scan. period.
danny is, as far as I am concerned, a fantastic player, and when I was a wolf last game, I wanted to take him out on the third day.

all of those guys are people i would want to make sure were on my side if i was the seer..do you honestly think it is coincidence that they are the 3 night kills...the wolves probably have the exact same opinons as the seer.

not sure who is gonna get my vote at this point...either Kwhit or RendeR

Err, why me? other than the fact that I support the plan that the numbers say works in our favor instead of the one that kills multiple people in a day/night? That seems like an awfully sketchy reason to lynch someone path.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 11:55 AM   #1361
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Err, why me? other than the fact that I support the plan that the numbers say works in our favor instead of the one that kills multiple people in a day/night? That seems like an awfully sketchy reason to lynch someone path.

part of it is the fact that you are refusing the other side of logic...

part of it is gut...you dont seem nearly the instigator you normally are...you have never been one to sit back and relax in these games..you typically are on the attack all the time, and this game, you seem content to watch the grass grow.

that may be a factor of not having played with you in a while, but it could also be someone trying to blend into the background so as to not get lynched because they know that if they only get jailed, they can get busted out.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:00 PM   #1362
KWhit
Coordinator

All of you guys who are saying "Yeah, I figured Lathum was the seer" are going to feel pretty stupid when I'm revealed as a villager.

Just sayin'.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:03 PM   #1363
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
All of you guys who are saying "Yeah, I figured Lathum was the seer" are going to feel pretty stupid when I'm revealed as a villager.

Just sayin'.

I won't -- I completely allowed for him setting himself up for a fake seer reveal. And I certainly won't feel stupid if the real seer doesn't counter -- what would you do in the situation everyone else is in?
Old 06-11-2009, 12:04 PM   #1364
RendeR
Coordinator

Well as for the instigator role, I quit playing for awhile because I was getting too wound up about it. I'm playing very irregularly now so I don't become that person in teh games again. I'm trying very hard NOT to be that instigator. I got too much negative feedback about it and I want everyone to have fun.

Secondly I do not deny the logic of the other side of the argument, I simply put them side by side:

Lynching == 2 possible dead every night
Jailing == 1 possibly dead every night

alive >> dead

thats my reasoning. killing people left and right is the single BEST play for the wolves. No matter the amount of info we get we cannot (IMO) do the obviously worst possible thing by playing by THEIR rules.

If you can't see that I can't help you. Lynching is NOT the best solution, its not a terrible one, but its not the BEST one.

Now as for our situation today, I'm torn. Jailing might work too, but how soon? Lynching tells us more IN THIS CASE. but not as a generic daily routine.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:10 PM   #1365
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
part of it is the fact that you are refusing the other side of logic...

And you guys are refusing the other side of the logic.

Of course, you're about to find out that the key proponent of the lynch-at-all-costs side is evil.

Which has been precisely my point. The wolves want us to be lynching people. I hope more of you pay attention to that when I'm revealed to be good.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:12 PM   #1366
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
I won't -- I completely allowed for him setting himself up for a fake seer reveal. And I certainly won't feel stupid if the real seer doesn't counter -- what would you do in the situation everyone else is in?

I would Duke the vote to Lathum, actually.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:13 PM   #1367
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Secondly I do not deny the logic of the other side of the argument, I simply put them side by side:

Lynching == 2 possible dead every night
Jailing == 1 possibly dead every night

alive >> dead

except that by your rationale, the ONLY people that are going to die are villagers...we arent even giving ourselves a chance to blindly stumble into lynching one of them or the information we need to root them out from trying to kill us during the day!
Old 06-11-2009, 12:14 PM   #1368
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
I would Duke the vote to Lathum, actually.

I said everyone else, not me!!

And seriously -- if you were in my place, Lathum reveals as seer uncontested, and the guy he points out just says that he is actually good, you would duke to Lathum?
Old 06-11-2009, 12:15 PM   #1369
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
except that by your rationale, the ONLY people that are going to die are villagers...we arent even giving ourselves a chance to blindly stumble into lynching one of them or the information we need to root them out from trying to kill us during the day!

But they are effectively removed from the game by being jailed and given a couple of days will be revealed as wolves. And then they will be executed by the king.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:16 PM   #1370
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:

You're not paying attention to the rules then.

We have a 20% chance EVERY NIGHT to find out exactly who is in jail, wether there is one person jailed or 10 of us in there, we could hit on none, we could hit on all 10.

That is STILL better than blindly shooting at villagers until we find a furball.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:17 PM   #1371
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
I said everyone else, not me!!

And seriously -- if you were in my place, Lathum reveals as seer uncontested, and the guy he points out just says that he is actually good, you would duke to Lathum?

Yeah, 'cause I know Lathum's lying.

(I get what you're saying).
Old 06-11-2009, 12:20 PM   #1372
RendeR
Coordinator

Its currently day 4, we've had 3 full days of activity, we've already bagged the top wolf. But you're acting like we've done nothing at all. Perhaps that wasn't because of the jailing mechanic, so what? why should we ignore the higher percentage play?

You say lynching makes more sense, prove it please. show me the numbers that prove killing more villagers in search of wolves is smarter than keeping them alive and searching for wolves.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:23 PM   #1373
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Quote:

The one concern I have on this - what if an unknown mechanic trigger for the cultist isn't "being lynched" but is "getting someone lynched"? If that's the case, we'll already be too late tomorrow. Not sure if I'd change - just throwing it out there as potential concern...
lerriuqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:27 PM   #1374
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I think it depends on the size of the game, honestly. Lets assume for every 5 players, one is a wolf.

In a 5-player game, if you jail and let the wolves make the only kills, you've got 3 days to get everything sorted out. That just won't happen.

But in a 10-player game, you get 6 days, in a 15-player game, you get 9 days, and in a 20-player game, you get 12 days.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:54 PM   #1375
RendeR
Coordinator

OFF TOPIC

Fox News is pathetic. They're spinning the obama healthcare stance into some sort of orwellian command from on high.

I really hate right wing bullshit.

End rant.

Oh wait,

mCCain is a fucking idiot as well, based on his current comments on the same show.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:05 PM   #1376
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by lerriuqs View Post
The one concern I have on this - what if an unknown mechanic trigger for the cultist isn't "being lynched" but is "getting someone lynched"? If that's the case, we'll already be too late tomorrow. Not sure if I'd change - just throwing it out there as potential concern...

I wonder about something like that myself, but I think it would be overthinking things to base our actions on it. It's good that Chief reminded us of all the quirks of the Cultist though.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 01:15 PM   #1377
The Jackal
Coordinator

Well it looks like no one is contesting Lathum's reveal (except KWhit):

VOTE KWHIT LYNCH

I'll admit I didn't have Lathum as the seer, but his scan targets and resulting actions in the thread make enough sense.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 01:20 PM   #1378
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
OFF TOPIC

Fox News is pathetic. They're spinning the obama healthcare stance into some sort of orwellian command from on high.

I really hate right wing bullshit.

End rant.

Oh wait,

mCCain is a fucking idiot as well, based on his current comments on the same show.

Please keep religion and politics out of WW.

Thanks.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:27 PM   #1379
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
Please keep religion and politics out of WW.

Thanks.

Sorry Schmidty =) it was on the television while I was reading =)
Old 06-11-2009, 01:33 PM   #1380
KWhit
Coordinator

This sucks.

Vote Lynch Lathum

You lynch-first guys have won me over. At least for this vote.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:36 PM   #1381
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Sorry Schmidty =) it was on the television while I was reading =)

WELL I WAS READING THE BIBLE, AND I DIDN'T POST THE SERMON ON THE MOUNT, DID I?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Old 06-11-2009, 01:36 PM   #1382
Schmidty
Coordinator

Old 06-11-2009, 02:03 PM   #1383
Telle
College Starter

Well I'm finally caught up. This vote seems simple enough.

VOTE KWHIT LYNCH
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 02:05 PM   #1384
Telle
College Starter

Votes as of post #1383:

10 - KWhit lynch - Lathum (1258), Autumn (1323), Lerriuqs (1326), SnDvls (1328), path (1338), Chief Rum (1342), USFLTechmo (1350), saldana (1359), The Jackal (1377), Telle (1383)
1 - lerriuqs lynch - Passacaglia (1274)
1 - Lathum lynch - KWhit (1380)

Yet to vote: Barkeep49, MartinD, RendeR
Old 06-11-2009, 02:05 PM   #1385
Passacaglia
Coordinator

so help me god if MartinD is the seer
Old 06-11-2009, 02:06 PM   #1386
Passacaglia
Coordinator

(sorry about getting religious schmidty)
Old 06-11-2009, 02:07 PM   #1387
Passacaglia
Coordinator

btw my vote is on kwhit
Old 06-11-2009, 02:13 PM   #1388
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
btw my vote is on kwhit

Do you know what post #? I obviously missed it.
Old 06-11-2009, 02:14 PM   #1389
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
Do you know what post #? I obviously missed it.

Nevermind, I found it. Post 1321.
Old 06-11-2009, 02:28 PM   #1390
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I made a minor change to Post 1252

Last edited by dubb93 : 06-11-2009 at 02:28 PM.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 02:31 PM   #1391
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
IMO, logic dictates that wolves are more likely to be in the "lynch" camp actually, especially with the Dark One dead, since they can't control the deaths of villagers in prison and are left concerned that the King might free everyone in the joint at any time. A wolf will want a lynch because that way, they know those villagers are dead and out of the game for sure.

So, IMO, some of the best wolf candidates are actually those supporting the lynch, rather than jail. This more goes for those who have supported lynching from the start. I more undertsand people leaning toward lynching today, as it is true that the jail mechanism devalues the voting records, which is entirely frustrating.

Your math was flawed from the start. So I'm proud to have been in the lynch category from the start.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 02:32 PM   #1392
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
Just a strategy question... how many days should a seer stay quiet if they don't find a wolf? Because you do have to worry that eventually the wolves will get lucky with a night kill and you lose the knowledge of a CoT that the seer has built.

I would hope that a seer would find other ways of indicating scans that would be obvious upon death.
Old 06-11-2009, 02:32 PM   #1393
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
I made a minor change to Post 1252

hey dubb - how come i didn't get my story in before i died? wouldn't my deadline have to be early in the evening?
Old 06-11-2009, 02:33 PM   #1394
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
hey dubb - how come i didn't get my story in before i died? wouldn't my deadline have to be early in the evening?

Word. Diffama's final article really should have been published posthumously!
Old 06-11-2009, 02:36 PM   #1395
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post

. Order of actions. Your death came before the newspaper was published.

If your death came early enough to make the newspaper(meaning you died way before the stories were to be in to the editor) do you really think you would have had your story done yet?
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 02:38 PM   #1396
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
. Order of actions. Your death came before the newspaper was published.

If your death came early enough to make the newspaper(meaning you died way before the stories were to be in to the editor) do you really think you would have had your story done yet?

yep! cuz i don't procrastinate!
Old 06-11-2009, 02:39 PM   #1397
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
OK, I like lerriuqs plan, will be gone soon so I need to get it out there now.

I'm Crystal Oculo, I scanned BK N1 which is why my turnaround on him about being king.

N2 I scanned Pass because of his escape.

Last night I scanned KWhit based on his insistence about jail and he came up as having a dark auroa. Thats why I came out the way I did today

we need to start buillding a CoT

Darn it. Catching up now obviously and I had you pegged as the seer (see my comment yesterday about being scanned). Now I don't get as much credit for that as I thought we'd be able to lynch KWhit without a reveal.

Vote KWhit Lynch
Old 06-11-2009, 02:40 PM   #1398
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Your math was flawed from the start. So I'm proud to have been in the lynch category from the start.

You are correct that it was flawed, in that I was doing the math from the "unknown results" perspective, even though we knew the first result.

That said, my entire point was to show the increasing levels of success which would result with continuing to use the strategy, which the math, flawed though it was, made perfectly clear.

Not that that matters to yuo once you convince yourself you're right of course.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 02:43 PM   #1399
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Darn it. Catching up now obviously and I had you pegged as the seer (see my comment yesterday about being scanned). Now I don't get as much credit for that as I thought we'd be able to lynch KWhit without a reveal.

Vote KWhit Lynch

I guess you've got to pick your spots, though -- I was also hoping to lynch Autumn without Lathum revealing, so it can go both ways.
Old 06-11-2009, 02:43 PM   #1400
Autumn
Head Coach

We need to start our own independent press. This state run operation can't get the news out that we want.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote